PDA

View Full Version : WI Fans Tracing Banglades Cricket Sites

Ahmed_B
May 10, 2004, 05:34 AM
Take a look at this thread of caribbeancricket.com ... WI fans are also trying to know our views of the series..
This is a good sign...

http://caribbeancricket.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24540

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by crickethorizon]

Arnab
May 10, 2004, 06:21 AM
Haha. They're funny.

Nasif
May 10, 2004, 09:05 AM
Just read that thread, funny :) they are planning an invasion :P

WI2debone
May 10, 2004, 09:27 AM
Those guys wouldn't invade ...... they're nice guys!!!!!

Patches
May 10, 2004, 09:40 AM
Hi fellas yuh know who I am right?

Ahmed_B
May 10, 2004, 09:47 AM
welcome to this site and also to all the Bangladesh fans..
Its good to have friends from other test countries(for the members who dont know: WI2debone is a West Indian and new member of this site).. specially if it is in conversation about the games..
By the way.. we know that no one is going to invade any sites... that was just for kidding!
:)
enojoy your stay...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by crickethorizon]

Arnab
May 10, 2004, 09:47 AM
Not really. But you're welcome anyway. :)

[stealth mode]***cocks gun***[/stealth mode]

Patches
May 10, 2004, 09:50 AM
I am the guy who posted that invasion thread at caribbeancricket.com website. I am not here for any trouble fellas just wanted to say hello and talk to some different people , listen to your views, your concerns and have a friendly discussion :)

WI2debone
May 10, 2004, 09:54 AM
Thanks crickethorizon ..... I will keep my friend Patches under control ..... he can be a handfull at times!!!!:lol:

AsifTheManRahman
May 10, 2004, 10:11 AM
Don't worry...we've got Arnab to take care of him...:lol:

Beamer
May 10, 2004, 11:22 AM
hey WI fans..

welcome..and get ready for some S P I N

sheshprohor
May 10, 2004, 11:39 AM
wel-Kom maan !!

Prohor

c0la
May 10, 2004, 12:43 PM
yo ppl... new to the forum as ya can see... is talha jubair playin?

Arnab
May 10, 2004, 12:45 PM
Damn, people coming from all over today. WI, SA.

Hey C0la: #1 question. Are you black or white?

Yes, it does matter, because I am no Michael Jackson.

Although with a name like C0la, I'm guessing you're of the kaula origin.

c0la
May 10, 2004, 12:51 PM
mez white. I'm not an sa-supporter tho. My fav teams are Windies and Bangladesh tho... looking forward to the series.

Nasif.. gr8 diablo-burnout avatar u got there :cool:

WI2debone
May 10, 2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
Yes, it does matter, because I am no Michael Jackson.

Arnab yuh funny :D

Patches
May 10, 2004, 07:17 PM
so tell me guys what are your views on west indies cricket.

Carte Blanche
May 10, 2004, 07:59 PM
Heh, I don't mind some Calypso invasion. Spin some reggae, and cricket. We got a party. Btw, I love the way you guys say "yuh".

Welkhom to the site.

Patches
May 10, 2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks carte thank you for the warm welcome:)

Beamer
May 10, 2004, 09:56 PM
To me West Indies cricket means Viv Richards. I just can't compare anyone with him, not even lara. He is the greatest of all time in my book.

Rubu
May 11, 2004, 12:11 AM
hay WI guys, it was really really interesting reading your thread. i'd a weird feeling when i see my lines are quated somewhere way away. i just registered there and waiting for the confermation, with the same nick. this series gonna be interesting. hope we can fight all along to have the real fun of the game.

rafiq
May 11, 2004, 12:17 AM
Agent I would advice you to take your spellchecker with you when you cross over to the WI forum. cheers:)

WI2debone
May 11, 2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Beamer
To me West Indies cricket means Viv Richards. I just can't compare anyone with him, not even lara. He is the greatest of all time in my book.

Viv was the Master Blaster true ..... but man you can't only think Viv when you think about WI cricket .... that's insulting!!! Even if you want to forget about Lara ...."We come from a long line, of really outstanding cricketers ... people like Headley, magnificent Sir Garfield Sobers ...... the W formation (you do know the 3 W's right???), Sonny Ramadhin and Alf Valentine ......."!!!! Those are actually the lyrics from a song!!! The list goes on and on!!!

C'mon .... nah dissapoint meh now!!! Yuh know WI cricket is much more than Sir Viv!!!

WI2debone
May 11, 2004, 02:23 AM
Will look out for you Agent!!

Beamer
May 11, 2004, 11:25 AM
WI2debone
I only meant it as a metaphor for West Indian cricket ( viv richards ), a symbol, a person who vividly strikes out in my memory as the spirit of west indian cricket. if I mentioned all the legends of WI cricket, this page will be too long and I am aware of the 'W's', the great Clive Lloyd and all the fearsome pacers. I don't know how my views are insulting to west indian cricket! and it's quite the contrary to your charges. Anyway, you feel whatever you feel and that is not my business at all to know, nor that I care.Too bad. My reverence for Viv comes from my early years watching him live and he represented everything that was cool about WI cricket. No disrespect to the other greats and its purely a personal view. Comprendo?

WI2debone
May 11, 2004, 11:57 AM
Si si Beamer ..... don't get uptight man!!!! I was simply wondering why Viv and pointed out the others. As you have now mentioned .... he sticks out from your early years ..... that's cool!!! As long as it wasn't your holistic view of WI cricket!!!! Nah tek worries man!!!

Beamer
May 11, 2004, 12:06 PM
oh no..no hollistic views of WI cricket. I was always a big admirer though a bit dissapointed of the recent years showing. Not getting uptight. 'Insult' was a harsh word I thought for a seemingly innocent comment. thats all. peace brotha!

Arnab
May 11, 2004, 12:09 PM
Sistah.

Beamer
May 11, 2004, 12:11 PM
sistah! oh shoot..sorry WI2debone... my apologies

Ahmed_B
May 11, 2004, 01:30 PM
I can understand your eagerness to find out about BD fans views about WI cricket... but here is something which might giv u some idea:

BD is a completely cricket-fanatic country!! Fans here r not only crazy about their own team.. rather all the big teams in the world also! and BD has got a big big number of WI cricket fans also!! :D
these fanatic fans don only know the names of the teams.. they know every player with every single data!!
so relax!!... we love carribean cricket!!
and you can find that out if u keep surfing in this site or any other news sites of BD :)
cheers!!.... :flag:

WI2debone
May 11, 2004, 05:31 PM
Cool Beamer ..... thanx Arnab:lol:

Crickethorizon I referred to something specific that Beamer posted earlier ..... has nothing to do with other BD/WI/Cricket Fan/Fanatics and their view of the game/specific team/my team!!!;)

fab
May 11, 2004, 10:44 PM
I only meant it as a metaphor for West Indian cricket ( viv richards ), a symbol, a person who vividly strikes out in my memory as the spirit of west indian cricket.
Indeed.. Viv's vivacity vividly revives memories of vively 80s cricket :lol:

Vive le Roi!

WI2debone
May 12, 2004, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by fab
I only meant it as a metaphor for West Indian cricket ( viv richards ), a symbol, a person who vividly strikes out in my memory as the spirit of west indian cricket.
Indeed.. Viv's vivacity vividly revives memories of vively 80s cricket :lol:

Vive le Roi!

:lol::lol::lol:

spider
May 12, 2004, 12:05 PM
forget viv guys, he's a has been.

mattyfan
May 12, 2004, 09:19 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

FOOOLLLSSSSS

AHAHAHAAHAHA

THE MATTYFAN IS HERE!!!!!!

rikiniki
May 12, 2004, 09:27 PM
IT'S REALLY A PLEASURE TO BE HERE ON YOU FORUM. IT WILL BE A NEW AND INTERESTING EXPERIENCE FOR US ALL. PLEASE NOTE THAT WEST INDIANS ARE PEACE LOVING AND CHEERFUL PEOPLE. WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR CRICKET, AND MAY BE VERY 'ARTICULATE' (FOR WANT OF A BETTER WORD :) AT TIMES.

WE LOOK FOWARD TO THE DISCUSSIONS WITH AS MUCH EAGERNESS AS WE LOOK FOWARD TO THE BEATINGS THAT WE WILL INFLICT ON YOU.

PEACE AND LOVE

Arnab
May 12, 2004, 09:42 PM
All I can say is: We have an Australian coach now. You don't. So, better watch out.

rikiniki
May 12, 2004, 09:46 PM
IN REPLY TO ARNAB:

WHA? HE PLAYING TOO?

Arnab
May 12, 2004, 09:51 PM
Nah.

rassel
May 12, 2004, 09:53 PM
[quote]Originally posted by rikiniki

WE LOOK FOWARD TO THE DISCUSSIONS WITH AS MUCH EAGERNESS AS WE LOOK FOWARD TO THE BEATINGS THAT WE WILL INFLICT ON YOU.

Sure man, I see you guys still didnít consume the beating that England inflicted on you in the last test series in your backyard! Last time I check, when we played against England in our home series, we are no were near close to your lame duck performance!

rikiniki
May 12, 2004, 10:00 PM
THAT'S THE SPIRIT MAN.WE NEED SOME PIZAZZ LIKE THAT HERE....I'M PROUD.

YES WE HAD A NIGHTMARE, AND WE ARE SHOCKED. BUT.........I AM SURE THAT IT IS BEHIND US ALL. TO USE THAT AS SOME SORT OF CONFIDENCE BOOSTER FOR YOUR TEAM IS LIKE GRASPING AT STRAWS WHEN YOU'RE DROWNING.

rassel
May 12, 2004, 10:06 PM
Just collecting the fact man! Let me refresh my memory! What was the score 48 and 98 all out! Damn that's a world record! Poor BD no were near close to that yet!:lol::lol::lol:

tosh
May 13, 2004, 07:30 AM
I too was very embarrassed being bowled out for record low score but hey that was history in the making. We then turn around and regain the record for the most runs ever scored by a batsman, so we deserve some credit for that. Anyway that series is behind us and we are now looking at taking out our frsutration on the bd team, no offense guys but we coming with fire. T. Best, F. "castro" edwards, look out these guys are 2 young tear away fast bowlers who would have the bd bats playing on there back foot fending off short rising deliveries. Bottom line is I'm looking forward to a very good series.

rikiniki
May 13, 2004, 08:22 AM
i doh know if they ever saw speed and hostility like that.....best enjoys hittin people yuh know. dem buoy goin have fe duck all de time.....

AsifTheManRahman
May 13, 2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by tosh
I too was very embarrassed being bowled out for record low score but hey that was history in the making. We then turn around and regain the record for the most runs ever scored by a batsman, so we deserve some credit for that.

No offense but that's the only credit you deserve since Lara's all that you've got:)

Ahmed_B
May 13, 2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by rikiniki
PLEASE NOTE THAT WEST INDIANS ARE PEACE LOVING AND CHEERFUL PEOPLE. WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR CRICKET... YES WE HAD A NIGHTMARE, AND WE ARE SHOCKED. BUT.........I AM SURE THAT IT IS BEHIND US ALL. TO USE THAT AS SOME SORT OF CONFIDENCE BOOSTER FOR YOUR TEAM IS LIKE GRASPING AT STRAWS WHEN YOU'RE DROWNING.

....NOW THATS PRETTY 'PEACE-LOVING' COMENT! :P

Originally posted by rikiniki

WHO EVER SAID THAT US TIGERS R SCARED OF LOSING?!!.. COMON.. ITS JUST A GAME!! :P...
U GUYS BETTA PREPARE URSELVES FOR THE SCARES AND SWEATY NIGHTMARES WE GONNA GIV YA SOON!! ;)
ASK RASHID LATIF (EX-PAK CAPTAIN) WHT SLEEPLESS NIGHTS FEEL LIKE! :P
CHEERS!... :flag: