PDA

View Full Version : Solution - of extremism

Tigers_eye
July 7, 2016, 11:08 AM
In few folds folds.

1. Education on proper Islam and practice it. Know your God and his Power. Know what is right and what is wrong. Killing innocent people is wrong. Going back to Quran and know the meaning of the verses. The proper interpretation. Mosques, Schools, Madrasas, Universities, Colleges, all education institutions. Because that is their recruiting grounds. (Putting more police guards in front of establishment will not deter these boys.)

2. Police, RAB can't fix this. They are not equipped or trained to handle this. Army needs to sweep the country. Root out. There must be a camp or two. Some safe houses. If boys are missing for a month then there is a problem. Families must help. Those are the leads. Police can't protect the borders as well.

3. TV Channels, New media, Radios have responsibilities. They all need to unite and give one message. Stop these "alochona onnushthan" and speak what is necessary for the youth to know.

4. We all have to do our job to spread the message. Use social Media. May our Lord guide us. This is a wake up call.

Sylheti_Beta
July 7, 2016, 12:20 PM
One point I see cropping up everywhere there is a terror attack is, the attackers are not Muslims and their actions un-Islamic. This might seem fine to some, but there is something more that needs to be done other than mere lip service.

If these scum are no longer Muslims:

Why should we accord them Islamic last rites?
Are they now apostates?

If folks say we do not have the rights to call someone a kafir or apostate, the same applies to calling the terrorists un-Islamic. Simply saying that they cannot be Muslims because of their actions does not count.

This is an example of classic obfuscation and apologist logic which falls apart on closer scrutiny.

Another irritating thing I have noticed in our so called scholars is how they harp about poverty and marginalization as the leading cause of terrorism. This is indeed laughable as clearly evidenced recently in Bangladesh and also in the past in other countries. I feel its unjust to use the poor rickshaw-wala, fish vendor, vegetable vendor as easy scapegoats who shoulder the blame for religious extremism. These hardworking folk would rather spend their lives bettering their own lot and that of their children. They have no time for grand Ummah dreams.

We need honesty in society and we need to call a spade a spade. That's what Bangladesh needs. If Bengalis pride themselves on their intellect and critical thinking, now is the best time as any to move forward.

Rifat
July 7, 2016, 04:25 PM
Echo 100% with what Tigers_Eye bhai said:

my dui poisha:

Things Bangladesh should do:

*) Have a secured border, meaning We should be aware of who enters the country and who leaves the country...using International Airport is not the only means of entering/exiting country.

**) Have a Database of where and from whom and how much funds coming into/out of the country...

***) Have a Terrorism hotline meaning, if anybody sees anything suspicious instead of watching it go by, contact the authorities so that immediate action can be taken....

****) Have the Police force undergo counter-terrorism training and have them go through drills

Two simple ideas but may be very complicated and sophisticated to implement however can go a long way to track down domestic and international terrorism.....

tonmoy.dhaka
July 8, 2016, 09:45 AM
Few things we must be willing to do for safety

1/ Forget about privacy, accept the idea that safety is more important that privacy.

2/ Internet access should be made limited. That is a very hard job but we must strive to allow people to access sites that are proven to be safe. Block the rest

3/ Government must create an app similar to Watsapp/Viber that can be accessed by Bangladeshis and government can monitor the app. And Watsapp/Viber and other such apps should be blocked from use.

I know I dont live in Bangladesh, so it is easy for me to comment about letting go of all privacy, but trust me, I would give up privacy for the safety of my citizens.

Tigers_eye
July 9, 2016, 03:45 PM
Mullahs, Imam needs to do part of khutbas in Bengali.
language of the land. So that people understand whatis being said.

Topic should be tolerance for the next 3 months. Relating people. Muslims, people of books, or neighbors.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 9, 2016, 04:15 PM
Mullahs, Imam needs to do part of khutbas in Bengali.
language of the land. So that people understand whatis being said.

Topic should be tolerance for the next 3 months. Relating people. Muslims, people of books, or neighbors.

Dream on!!
During the eid Khutba's only a few imams decided to mention/pray for Gulshan or condemn the attack...Usually they never fail to pray for Palestine btw.. The most outspoken one (against islamist attacks) was himself a target in sholakia...,, this is new bangladesh.. the sooner we learn to accept the reality the easier it is for the people to deal with the problem.

Jadukor
July 11, 2016, 01:13 AM
Anyone else see the irony in the name "peace tv" from zakir nayek

Sylheti_Beta
July 11, 2016, 05:37 AM
Anyone else see the irony in the name "peace tv" from zakir nayek
:lol: Indeed.

Just read an article in an Indian news paper, he is currently in the dock for diverting foreign funds obtained for his NGO Islamic Research Foundation to his TV channel Peace TV. The screws have tightened.

Another aspect worth noting is that Dar-ul-Uloom-Deoband has stated that Muslims not follow him as reference in matters related to fiqh (Islamic law and jurisprudence).

http://www.central-mosque.com/index.php/Civil/avoiding-dr-zakir-naik-in-matters-of-fiqh.html

In a gist what they said to him looks very clear. Your field of work is "comparative religion" keep doing that, do not try to teach/interpret deen e Islam for believers. Its none of your business. :floor: They have relegated him to C division.

Anik SH
July 11, 2016, 08:07 AM
:lol: Indeed.

Just read an article in an Indian news paper, he is currently in the dock for diverting foreign funds obtained for his NGO Islamic Research Foundation to his TV channel Peace TV. The screws have tightened.

Another aspect worth noting is that Dar-ul-Uloom-Deoband has stated that Muslims not follow him as reference in matters related to fiqh (Islamic law and jurisprudence).

http://www.central-mosque.com/index.php/Civil/avoiding-dr-zakir-naik-in-matters-of-fiqh.html

In a gist what they said to him looks very clear. Your field of work is "comparative religion" keep doing that, do not try to teach/interpret deen e Islam for believers. Its none of your business. :floor: They have relegated him to C division.

Try to understand this to some of our fellow Bangladeshis, they are very sad that peace TV is cancelled in Bangladesh..

tonmoy.dhaka
July 11, 2016, 08:54 AM
Try to understand this to some of our fellow Bangladeshis, they are very sad that peace TV is cancelled in Bangladesh..

Two things

1/ Fellow Bangladeshis (a good number of them) is an unique breed. They would use the worst of language towards you and than praise the God in the same sentence.

2/ I was recently (yesterday) requested by a family friend to not judge Bangladeshis based on lowly educated but extremely vocal Facebook addicts in Bangladesh. Not sure if that is valid but I hope it is...

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2016/07/10/zakir-naik-the-televangelist-of-hate
Here are his (mr Naik) controversial quotes VIA bdnews24.com

Questionable quotes

Origin: Darwin’s theory of evolution is just a ‘theory’ and not a fact like the ‘theory’ of creation.

Terror: “If al-Qaeda’s Osama Bin Laden is on the truth and fighting Islam’s enemies then I’m for him… If he is terrorising America, the biggest terrorists I’m with him.” He explains further: “Every Muslim should be a terrorist to the anti-social element.”

LGBT: “They are sinful patients suffering from a mental problem,” and demands death penalty for homosexuals.

Non-Muslims: "Allah shall not accept anyone except Muslims."

Interfaith marriage: “If you have a vehicle where one tyre is of a cycle and the other is of a truck, then the vehicle will not run,” he tells to a woman and says “Allah will never forgive her”.

9/11: Even a fool would know that the US, not al-Qaeda, is behind the attack on the World Trade Center.

Sex: “You can have sex with your wife and whatever your right hand possesses.”

Clothing: “If exposure of body is modernism, then animals are more modern than humans.

aklemalp
July 11, 2016, 09:03 AM
^^ those analogies....:lol:

Who is this guy?

Sylheti_Beta
July 11, 2016, 09:45 AM
অনিক ভাই, ইটাও হইলো সমস্যা। যে নিজের দিমাগ ব্যবহার করে না তারে জাকির নায়েক কি, যে কেও বিপথে লইয়া যাইতো ফারে।

mufi_02
July 11, 2016, 10:11 AM
I don't know why people take Naik as a religious authority. He is a medical doctor. I never understood the fan following and all his grand stage performances. It seems very pretentious and like a competition.

Anyway, parents should be more involved in the children's lives. Don't just give them a PC and broadband internet and leave them alone. Monitor what they are watching and doing.

roman
July 11, 2016, 01:52 PM
Please stop this Pakistan bashing. ISIS Taleban have slowly but surely started to taint BD as well. We should now at least comprehend how painful it is to see your beloved motherland going downhill because of those Fanatics. No need to belittle Pakisntan anymore. We may end up like them too and we would not like if people make fun of our desolation.

roman
July 11, 2016, 02:27 PM
I don't know why people take Naik as a religious authority. He is a medical doctor. I never understood the fan following and all his grand stage performances. It seems very pretentious and like a competition.

Because he can answer people's question. He may not give the correct answer or any sensible answer but he somehow can give an answer. And the random use of verses. Like he can literally say which chapter and which line certain verse came from. Not only Quran, but he has demonstrated similar grip on Bible, Geeta, Torah as well. And people were like...wow..Lok ta kotto kisu jane.

People want instant interpretation, do not want to do research. And he delivers just that

simon
July 11, 2016, 02:57 PM
Banning Peace tv does not make much sense to me.
If it was that controversial then why was not it banned before ?
Must be because some of the gulshan terrorists were his fan , well one of them was also a fan of Shraddha Kapoor and danced with her but that did not stop him from killing an Indian girl that night.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Night_wolf
July 11, 2016, 07:08 PM
Please stop this Pakistan bashing. ISIS Taleban have slowly but surely started to taint BD as well. We should now at least comprehend how painful it is to see your beloved motherland going downhill because of those Fanatics. No need to belittle Pakisntan anymore. We may end up like them too and we would not like if people make fun of our desolation.

nobody is bashing pakistan, the current situation in Bangladesh is not same as the current situation in pakistan. It may become one day but there is a difference between is and may, crying about it doesn't help the cause

roman
July 11, 2016, 10:39 PM
nobody is bashing pakistan, the current situation in Bangladesh is not same as the current situation in pakistan. It may become one day but there is a difference between is and may, crying about it doesn't help the cause

Pakistani intelligence is very sophisticated and they have a very strong army as well. Still they could not escape. I remember how people here were ridiculing Pakistan for not able to control isis and not getting any cricket at home. We may also have to go through similar experience if things dont improve.

We also laughed at Ajmal and Salman and co. And then we got Sunny, Taskin and Ash :(

Karma is a you know what bro. Thats why I dont want to say anything about Pakistan, Afghanistan or other ME countries anymore. Oneke bole na je onner baccha niye baje kotha bolte nei tahole nijer bacchar kharap hoy...Bhoy ta oi khanei. I know my fear has no strong ground but still mone boddo bhoy

Jadukor
July 12, 2016, 12:11 AM
Roman bhai... pakistan and us, we have a history. Considering what they did to us, a bit of bitterness from us is fair game dont you think?

As far as their security situation goes... they share the border with Afghanistan, their intelligence agency sponsors terrorists and the vast majority of their population is ultra conservative. Honor killings and stoning etc are reported regularly. So the radicalism threat over there is much more than us.

However Bangladesh is moving towards a much more conservative spectrum too over the last 10 years and so it is not impossible that we would the same kind of long term terrorist problem like Pakistan. In fact every muslim country right now is going to face this problem. IS issued an even more troubling message for Malaysia and Indonesia. As long as the conservatives live in denial blaming jews hindus and christians for all their problem, we wont come out of this mess.

Jadukor
July 12, 2016, 12:23 AM

Because people did not think of the horrific consequences before. Just like cancer people diagnosed this desease a little too late. Peace tv should have been banned ages ago and it took an attack like the gulshan one to wake up the authorities. Government is trying to uproot all avenues by which kids can be radicalized. It is more of a desparate attempt right now rather than a meaningful one. The cancer has reached the top layer of society. Soon we have to deal with madrasa radicals to NSU radicals and god knows what else.

Banglatiger84
July 12, 2016, 02:26 AM
Not a fan of Zakir Naik because of his tone and his fans who are like cult members, but did Peace TV actually have a role in radicalizing Muslims or is it a case of guilt by association ?

Anik SH
July 12, 2016, 03:26 AM
Must be because some of the gulshan terrorists were his fan , well one of them was also a fan of Shraddha Kapoor and danced with her but that did not stop him from killing an Indian girl that night.

If the terrorists were killing people in the name of 'bollywood' or if they weren't Islamic terrorists(deny it or not) but 'bollywoody' world wannabi terrorists then obviously not just Shraddha Kapoor but whole Kapoor khandan would be banned from the industry.
(And new hashtag would start '#BollywoodDontSupportTerrorist, #ActorsAreNotTerrorists'..)
So Please be in the context!!

Jadukor
July 12, 2016, 06:46 AM
The day conservatives understand that in this vast universe, humanity must have a bigger purpose than to quarrel over religion and kill each other over centuries, that is the day extremism will vanish. Liberals up until now had no problems living beside conservatives because liberals mind their own business.

Conservatives on the otherhand has a perpetual itch to preach and quote holy text and enlighten people. While most do it gently with respect you still have a small extremist portion that would like to do it by force. Right now too much focus is on small things at the expense of basic human decency. The fact that we are human beings first and christians muslims and jews later seems to be lost. Delving further into any religion is likely to derail people further in my humble opinion. We dont hear agnostics taking atheists hostages and beheading them for a reason. Liberals have an open mind and they like an open discussion, they dont simply follow what they are told but rather analyse and question, they look to the future and give importance to life here on earth rather than paradise. Conservatives like to hold on to things of the past at all cost even if it is not relevant to modern societies. More importance is on afterlife for them.

Hence right now this is evolving into a clash of two ways of life and we dont know who will eventually prevail.

Sylheti_Beta
July 12, 2016, 06:54 AM
Roman bhai... pakistan and us, we have a history. Considering what they did to us, a bit of bitterness from us is fair game dont you think?

ঠিক কইসো জাদুকর ভাই।
My late grandmother used to say;

ইতিহাস কে ভুলে যেয়োনা,
সে যে ভোলার জিনিস নয়।
যে ভুলে ইতিহাসের শিক্ষা,
তার আবার একি দুর্গতি হয়।

Sylheti_Beta
July 12, 2016, 07:51 AM
#BollywoodDontSupportTerrorist, #ActorsAreNotTerrorists
বেতালা দিসো Boss :lol:

roman
July 12, 2016, 09:09 AM
Jadukor BHai, I Did not forget 71. And Will never forget 71. But 71 has nothing to do with civilians of Pakistan. It was few atrocious rulers and Pakistani army officers, and of course some notorious razakars that were responsible for so many deaths. And I will hate them and will curse them till my last breath.

Having said that What IS is doing over there is just painful. Civilians are suffering. who had nothing to do with 71. If we have issues with them, then how are we any different from those who say all black people are thugs or all moslems are terrorists?

No one deserves to live a life like this. 40 lashes, belittling women etc are very common there. This is not the time to add fuel to the fire. Like you said, IS is a problem for all the muslim countries. Our main focus should be on IS now. Constantly saying stuff like o we are not Pakistan, we are not afgans, we are more cultured and educated than them. Most of our fanatics are from Madrassas and from poor families . We were in denials for so long. And Boom. Gulshan happened. :(

Sylheti_Beta
July 12, 2016, 09:14 AM
Pakistan was once doing very well, even better than India, but now its in the doldrums. Why so ? From the days since Zia ul Haq introduced revisionist history and fundamentalist mindsets through the state education system to now; Pakistan has come a long way. Its like a snake which is eating its own tail.

I personally know of several Pakistani families who moved out, very well established and educated who are now settled in NY, London,Munich etc; the common grouse was that it was getting too stifling and radicalized for people to go about their daily lives. Excessive religiosity was causing lots of problems said one of my close buddies from Islamabad(now in NY) who was born and grew up (1980-1990) in Pakistan. He says that the beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance, logic can be happily tossed out the window. As soon as logic is pushed into second place its a slow dance of destruction.

MHRAM
July 12, 2016, 09:57 AM
Jadukor BHai, I Did not forget 71. And Will never forget 71. But 71 has nothing to do with civilians of Pakistan. It was few atrocious rulers and Pakistani army officers, and of course some notorious razakars that were responsible for so many deaths. And I will hate them and will curse them till my last breath.

Having said that What IS is doing over there is just painful. Civilians are suffering. who had nothing to do with 71. If we have issues with them, then how are we any different from those who say all black people are thugs or all moslems are terrorists?

No one deserves to live a life like this. 40 lashes, belittling women etc are very common there. This is not the time to add fuel to the fire. Like you said, IS is a problem for all the muslim countries. Our main focus should be on IS now. Constantly saying stuff like o we are not Pakistan, we are not afgans, we are more cultured and educated than them. Most of our fanatics are from Madrassas and from poor families . We were in denials for so long. And Boom. Gulshan happened. :(

Well said.

Sometime, I really hate some of my countrymen who despises Pakistani people on the basis of the 1971 war. That war was not fuelled by the demands of the common Pakistani. Infact, more people in East Pakistan desired East Pakistan to remain East Pakistan forever and basically under West Pakistan. Infact, the commoners in Pakistan didn't even desire any kind of bloodshed as conducted by the Pakistani army.

I still don't get why we are living in the past. That war happened 45 years ago. We need to let go of it. The same way Germany these days are hardly scrutinized for what its former rulers like Hitler did.

We speak about our independance all the time. Ofcourse, I am proud to live in an independant sovereign country and it was possible due to that war. But how long are we going to bring that up? Did people forget that song "30 bochor poreo ami shadhinota ke khujjhi". Our situation is horrible is because we are living in the past. Heck, even our captain said after the WC match against England that the real heroes were the freedom fighter.

While I respect the freedom fighters, who have done their job well, their job is over. Now its duty of the current group of people. We need heroes to rise up amidst common people and serve the country, but with this pre-conceived notion that you will not be regarded as a hero unless you have fought a war.

I know my post will offend a lot of senior citizens here. But I think its high time to move on from the past. We need to think about today, and the heroes of today's world. Freedom fighters can't help anyone now. Why do I open the newspaper and everything I read is "XYZ missing" "Hindu priest/blogger killed" "Terrorist attack at location 88". We need to stop idolizing the past and think about today, and step up as a society.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 12, 2016, 11:22 AM
Not a fan of Zakir Naik because of his tone and his fans who are like cult members, but did Peace TV actually have a role in radicalizing Muslims or is it a case of guilt by association ?

I am surprised that people are shouting why Peace TV is banned, but no one had any qualms when Salman Rushdie or Taslima Nasrin was banned

Both sides should realise that Bangladesh is not ready to embrace free speech. I support the government's ban on all types of hate speeches (against Islam or any other religion or personalities).

If any discussion needs to be done, that should be entirely based on respect for each others opinion.

rezwansyed
July 12, 2016, 02:03 PM
^The spirit of the freedom-fighters are exactly what we are missing here. We need to stop idolizing the past? Can you show me a single real Hero after the 71 generation who gave their life for your country and for who we are today? None...Nada....Zero. We are in a critical state today because we are not driven by the spirits of the freedom-fighters. All these confused youths are going ashtray because they don't know their identity, they don't know who they are, they don't know how much blood had been shed by the golden-generation so that they can stand proudly and say I am a Bengali. If they knew what it means to be a Bengali they never would've wasted their life for rubbish cause. And you say forget the past. Do you know Shahid Jewel? He was a cricket-player who had all the potential of being an international cricketer but he threw it all away at the call for defending the motherland. You know Shafi Imam Rumi Bir-Bikram? He was one of the brightest kid around Dhaka city at the 70's and he enrolled to study Engineering at the University of Illinois, USA. At the very last moment he cancelled his flight because after a lot of pushing he got his mother's permission to join the Mukti-bahini to defend his motherland. He trained under then Major Khaled Mosharraf and was a hero of the crack-platoon, a guerilla unit who wrecked havoc in Dhaka city during the war. Altaf Mahmood, Jewel, Rumi all were in the crack platoon and their heroics were a topic of the town at that time. Unfortunately they were captured by the help of Razakar collaborators and accepted martyrdom for their beloved motherland. Now these are the heroes who we should be inspired by and their legacy should be there forever for the generations to come in the land of Purbo Bangla. And you say forget the past? You are not only offending senior citizens, I was not even born when Bangladesh was on war, my parents experienced the war at their youth. You even dared to mention negatively our captain calling the freedom-fighters real hero after the WC match. Tell me now, who should he call real heroes? Ananta Jalil and Shakib Khan? The only way you could save our beloved Shonar-Bangla is by installing the spirits of the liberation war sealed inside the heart of every single youth out there. We must know who are we and what we stand for...or else we are doomed.

bujhee kom
July 12, 2016, 04:02 PM
From Nayok to Villain. Pura Blockbuster.
Time to go back to Hakkani Hekimi Dawakhana.

brockley
July 12, 2016, 05:36 PM
Education,Education,Education.
Ban hate preachers.

Jadukor
July 12, 2016, 11:23 PM

I agree totally with the second half of your post. No decent human being would celebrate the killing of innocent lives regardless of whatever bitter history we shared over the past.

However if you say 71 was the orchestration of military rulers only i would have to strongly disagree. We were subjected to systemic discrimination from the pakistanies long before the war. The army might have done the killings but the civil society never recognized us as equals from the start. We were always going to be second class bangalies. Besides that, if army had done the crime then why not an apology from subsequent civilian governments? How can we find closure if pakistan never apologizes? Any how i wont derail this thread further. Just making my points clear.

roman
July 13, 2016, 12:27 AM
I agree totally with the second half of your post. No decent human being would celebrate the killing of innocent lives regardless of whatever bitter history we shared over the past.

However if you say 71 was the orchestration of military rulers only i would have to strongly disagree. We were subjected to systemic discrimination from the pakistanies long before the war. The army might have done the killings but the civil society never recognized us as equals from the start. We were always going to be second class bangalies. Besides that, if army had done the crime then why not an apology from subsequent civilian governments? How can we find closure if pakistan never apologizes? Any how i wont derail this thread further. Just making my points clear.

Pakistani people discriminated us no doubt. And i am glad that we are no longer part of them. But they do discriminate their own kind as well bro. Lahore folks think they are better than the people of Karachi, Punjabi people think they are superior, pathans think they are all that :facepalm:. To some extent I think Indians do the same. Forgive me if i am wrong but they do have north and south clash, brahman, non brahman discrimination.
We bdeshis are not that innocent either. Look at the animosity amogst Sylheti, Noakhali, borishailla, Dhakaiya people...

I totally agree with you on Pakistanis not asking for forgiveness. That is just horrible and uncalled for. They must ask for forgiveness.

All i wanted to say is we should focus on how to uproot isis from bd rather than belittling pakistan at this moment. Our house is on fire and if we worry about our neighbor's house now, chances are our house will be gone in front of our own eyes. Now is not the time to talk about zakir nayek or peace tv (banning it was justified, now lets not waste anymore energy on it) or bash pakistan and forget about a major problem that needs to be addressed immediately. And i believe that it is not wise to seek or wish for another's misfortune. We made fun of pakistan's misfortune. Karma bro..

MHRAM
July 13, 2016, 12:29 AM
^The spirit of the freedom-fighters are exactly what we are missing here. We need to stop idolizing the past? Can you show me a single real Hero after the 71 generation who gave their life for your country and for who we are today? None...Nada....Zero. We are in a critical state today because we are not driven by the spirits of the freedom-fighters. All these confused youths are going ashtray because they don't know their identity, they don't know who they are, they don't know how much blood had been shed by the golden-generation so that they can stand proudly and say I am a Bengali. If they knew what it means to be a Bengali they never would've wasted their life for rubbish cause. And you say forget the past. Do you know Shahid Jewel? He was a cricket-player who had all the potential of being an international cricketer but he threw it all away at the call for defending the motherland. You know Shafi Imam Rumi Bir-Bikram? He was one of the brightest kid around Dhaka city at the 70's and he enrolled to study Engineering at the University of Illinois, USA. At the very last moment he cancelled his flight because after a lot of pushing he got his mother's permission to join the Mukti-bahini to defend his motherland. He trained under then Major Khaled Mosharraf and was a hero of the crack-platoon, a guerilla unit who wrecked havoc in Dhaka city during the war. Altaf Mahmood, Jewel, Rumi all were in the crack platoon and their heroics were a topic of the town at that time. Unfortunately they were captured by the help of Razakar collaborators and accepted martyrdom for their beloved motherland. Now these are the heroes who we should be inspired by and their legacy should be there forever for the generations to come in the land of Purbo Bangla. And you say forget the past? You are not only offending senior citizens, I was not even born when Bangladesh was on war, my parents experienced the war at their youth. You even dared to mention negatively our captain calling the freedom-fighters real hero after the WC match. Tell me now, who should he call real heroes? Ananta Jalil and Shakib Khan? The only way you could save our beloved Shonar-Bangla is by installing the spirits of the liberation war sealed inside the heart of every single youth out there. We must know who are we and what we stand for...or else we are doomed.

You reaffirmed my point that we don't have the heroes out there anymore

If we really want heroes of these time, we need to start respecting them. In Bangladesh, no one wants to bring out positive change but rather be the way things were in the past.People keep voting for the same people that brought miseries in their lives. People talk about women rights but its the women themselves of this country who are forcing the young girls to get married early, and not attain higher educatib

There are a lot of people with a lot of potential who can change the country. But the kind of disrespect these people repels them from the country. We treat foreigners like gods but we treat our own people like **** sometimes. Fact is, we don't love ourselves anymore. India has advanced so much merely because of their love for their country.

But how do we harness it? I can understand the freedom fighters can inspire the current generation but it doesn't work this way. If we want to inspire people of today, we need the people of today to motivate everyone else. Their era is over, our era just began.

tanvir_nus
July 13, 2016, 12:50 AM
^We are delving way outta topic, that it's not even funny anymore.
Harsh facts: The new generations and there have been atleast two generations after 71 didn't see the brutality and have only heard and seen. So yes, they do care but it is not enough. The patriotism you want to see out of 71 is just not going to be born by what is told and seen and not witnessed.

We are witnessing the current violence and you know what hurts the most? You ask who are the heroes of our time? It is our national cricketers who are bringing respect to the country and yet the terrorists go out and commit such crimes so that it hurts all of us. You know why and how? They killed all foreigners! How sickening is that? They killed ALL foreigners because they don't want Bangladesh to prosper not because Japan or Italy is any part of Crusaders or whatever bullshit they are made to believe. They want Bangladesh to dive into insurgency and isolate itself by first blocking all kinds of foreigners arriving in the country to do good for the country in the economy and other sectors. How many NGOs are run by the social activisits from Japan do you guys have any idea? These guys sacrificed their lives for Bangladesh and the low life scumbags went their merry way to kill them, yes not harm them or injure them but cut their throats.

Nothing will change in Bangladesh, not until as you rightly pointed out that the youths can come in make a change. FFS the foreign minister outwardly called out Pakistani ISI and blamed them for the attack. WTH? Why the F are you so EFFING delusional? There is JMB, Ansarullah and ISIS fighting for control over how many they can kill with the likes of Shibir and Hefajot e islam already existing to add to the chaos and you are blaming an external entity because of the past? It wouldn't have happened if these guys didn't have the experience of their tormented past with which I can sympathize appropriately for the relevant times. Now it is time to unite and fight against a murderous evil entity that exists that live among us like a cancer.

Freaking hell man! Pisses me off to see a promising kid's future get ruined like this. And guess what, not only the cricketers are going to suffer but YOU are going to suffer next if you don't spread the message that these @$$***S need to STOP KILLING in the name of your religion. YOU Are next. Not him or them or her or them, but YOU, YOU ARE NEXT. Nobody will be safe if we don't take a step.

Jadukor
July 13, 2016, 01:16 AM
FFS the foreign minister outwardly called out Pakistani ISI and blamed them for the attack. WTH? Why the F are you so EFFING delusional? There is JMB, Ansarullah and ISIS fighting for control over how many they can kill with the likes of Shibir and Hefajot e islam already existing to add to the chaos and you are blaming an external entity because of the past? It wouldn't have happened if these guys didn't have the experience of their tormented past with which I can sympathize appropriately for the relevant times. Now it is time to unite and fight against a murderous evil entity that exists that live among us like a cancer.

This situation is not black and white. While allegations without proof is childish at a diplomatic level but you cannot rule out the involvement of other countries using their intelligence agencies to aid terrorists at home. Not too long ago we expelled a pakistani diplomat with overwhelming evidence of acting against our country. Not too long ago Erdogan expressed deep frustration and recalled its ambassador at the hanging of rajakars. Not too long ago Putin exposed Turkey buying isis oil after one russian fighter plane got destroyed by Turkey. There are state sponsored terrorism going on in the world. There are governments that would like AL government to fall. So you have to take all the surrounding information in before you can make an assessment.
In my opinion both internal and external forces are at play here. The weapons stash we found in Uttara, where is it coming from? Sources said a car without a number plate dropped the stash there. Who was driving the vehicle? I understand that the youth are radicalized by internet but who is training them and supplying the military grade weapon?

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2016, 08:00 AM
Education,Education,Education.The boys who did it are all well educated. Many of them traveled to Malaysia for higher education (that is what I was told). It is the proper education of respecting life that needs to be instilled at an early stage of the education process.
Ban hate preachers.Double. Meaning take the hate preachers in a corner and get the grand preacher to put some sense in to them.

Simin2011
July 13, 2016, 08:07 AM
The compassion general people have for Dr. Zakir Naik is bothersome. He openly spreads hatred for other religions. He pretty clearly championed Laden for terrorizing US. So basically killing innocent Americans is okay with him? And to think a large group of FBers are vouching for him! *FACEPALM*

rezwansyed
July 13, 2016, 09:17 PM
We fought the liberation war to shed off the Muslim state identity and be recognized as a secular state. As a Muslim country we are the most liberal and that is something of great pride. Islamic militants could never succeed in bd if we stay true to our secular and liberal identity. If this two values Secularism and Liberalism can be sealed permanently in the heart of every youth we have, terrorism will be non-existent in bd in a matter of months. It is time we invoke the spirits of our golden generation the Muktibahini generation to save us from impending doom.

kalpurush
July 14, 2016, 03:14 PM
This is because of 2 reasons:

1. Muslims love playing the victim card. This is relatively easy to do when it can be proven that an 'outsider' is at fault eg: Israel in Palestine, India in Kashmir, etc. However, Muslims killing fellow Muslims doesn't cause the same reverberation eg: Taliban in Pakistan, ISIS in Dhaka, etc.

2. Sub-continental Muslims revere Arabs and consider them superior to themselves. Since Palestine are Arabs (albeit 'lesser' ones) and vouching for them is likely to win the praise of the average Saudi Arabian and co., it is seen as a good tactic to fly the flag for them.

Generalizing is the worst thing one can so IMHO. This is like all "Indian" are rapist!

And where do you find that we think the Arabs came from another planet? Why would they be considered as superior?

And Muslims playing the victim card??

You kill hundreds and thousands of innocent children in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Palestine along with their brothers/sisters/parents and say that Muslims are playing the victim card? Really??

Amusing indeed.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 14, 2016, 06:41 PM
Generalizing is the worst thing one can so IMHO. This is like all "Indian" are rapist!

And where do you find that we think the Arabs came from another planet? Why would they be considered as superior?

And Muslims playing the victim card??

You kill hundreds and thousands of innocent children in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Palestine along with their brothers/sisters/parents and say that Muslims are playing the victim card? Really??

Amusing indeed.

Agree with the first part (generalising)... but disagree with the second part!!

We do play the victim card, and sometimes we use victimization as an excuse to atrocities committed during the terrorist attack... Such attitude indirectly legitimizes some of these terrorist attacks.... We must be strong in our response to terrorism and fight against it, condemn it without any ifs and buts...

Jadukor
July 14, 2016, 11:20 PM
Another attack in France.

Banglatiger84
July 15, 2016, 01:04 AM
Agree with the first part (generalising)... but disagree with the second part!!

We do play the victim card, and sometimes we use victimization as an excuse to atrocities committed during the terrorist attack... Such attitude indirectly legitimizes some of these terrorist attacks.... We must be strong in our response to terrorism and fight against it, condemn it without any ifs and buts...

For a change I agree with you. It is only recently that we see outright condemnations of attacks like Dhaka, Paris, Peshawar and so on

I remember during 7/7, the nyc one, madrid, plenty of well educated, non-bearded Muslims/Bengali would condemn like this

"its bad, but it happened because Muslims are frustrated of US support for Israel" .....
"US is the main culprit"

"terrorism is war of poor"

and so on

Banglatiger84
July 15, 2016, 01:22 AM

I will shamelessly paste a comment as it highlights a reasonable response to the "West is killing Muslims"
"The west has from time to time intervened clumsily in the Middle East, but the Middle East has been for a very, very long time a powder keg, especially with the Sunni/Shia divide and the radical/moderate divide. This may be a difficult fact for you to swallow but the vast majority of deaths/murders in muslim countries are done at the hands of other muslims.
The mess in Syria, most of the mess in Iraq with ISIS and daily bombs going off in markets, the Al Qaeda mess in Afghanistan/Pakistan and in Yemen, the instability in Turkey, the instability in Egypt and Sinai terrorists, the Al-Shabaab terrorists in Somalia, the Boko Haram group in Nigeria.... all great achievements of twisted thinking."

Vahroone
July 15, 2016, 03:20 AM

Being a Bangladeshi, why do you care about what happens in Iraq or Syria or Libya or Palestine? There are 190+ countries and 7+ billion retards scurrying about and it's inevitable that a few dozen nations and a few hundred million humans will be sword-fighting. As long as it isn't you, I suggest you stop giving a damn and losing sleep over glorified third world hell-holes.

It also provides the world a convenient platform to club you together and isolate you if need be. If you do choose to disconnect, it's all the more harder - you're a Bangladeshi first and foremost.

Of course, if a Bangladeshi purports a terror attack (god forbid) anywhere, the scenario is different.

Night_wolf
July 15, 2016, 04:19 AM
Another attack in France.

I guess their security force is also akash bikash don

Anik SH
July 15, 2016, 04:47 AM
There is no problem feeling pity when people dies in Palestine, Syria, Yemen etc..

But the problem is when I see you are just condemning not because they are in danger but it's because 'Muslims' are in danger. It looks odd when one never post any sad posts after terrorist attacks around the globe but time to time shows condolence only when 'one' of their own people dies. That is also a sort of radicalism. Yes it is easy to change profile pic in a click of a button when any western nation fall in terrorist attack but sometimes it doesn't prove anything. It is just a show off. In your mind you are not condemning the deaths but thinking otherwise.

People were shocked when they found out That Nibras terrorist of Gulshan had one post in mid 14 that said 'Every life matters' prior to Terrorism . BUT they don't see that the war attack he highlited before that line in the posts were all Syria,Yemen,Palestine etc. So he basically felt bad only for the 'Every Muslims Life' although he wrote 'Every Life'. It was just a indirect terrorist apologist's post. (Also a soon to be terrorist :-P )

Not only Muslims but many Hindus, Christians are radicalized but don't show up. And unfortunately for us that only recently this 'Military styled Terror Organizations' showed up in Muslim society prior to USA-USSR War in late 80s. So radicalized Muslims got a platform. It doesn't mean that particular people of faith are more fanatics..no its just one of the darker side of our Human nature.

dolcevita
July 15, 2016, 04:55 AM
Muslim should read Quran in a language they understand, it will help them against manipulation.
It's easy to manipulate a person when he does not understand the meaning of the Holy book he fellows (In BD more than 99% do not understand the meaning of what they read in arabe language...)

Banglatiger84
July 15, 2016, 05:24 AM
Muslim should read Quran in a language they understand, it will help them against manipulation.
It's easy to manipulate a person when he does not understand the meaning of the Holy book he fellows (In BD more than 99% do not understand the meaning of what they read in arabe language...)

Sorry, that does not make a difference.

Otherwise you would not see so much carnage in Arabic speaking lands, many of the ISIS troops slaughtering and enslaving understand Arabic perfectly well.

simon
July 15, 2016, 05:30 AM

3 major attacks in 18 months.( yesterday was 14th July so there was more security + France was already under "état d'urgence" which was supposed to be lifted on 26th July announced by the President 2 hours earlier)
Belgium's security/intelligence is also epic fail.
The truth is no security force can protect an entire population from these attacks.
But providing security to a cricket team or a football team is a different story.

Jadukor
July 15, 2016, 06:13 AM

The level of threat they face and we face isnt the same. We have very few foreigners in bd who are targets and over there the entire country is a target. They have superior training equipment and protocols but the threat intensity is also high. For each attack that do happen they intercept and prevent at least 10 others. So bd situation and paris cannot be compared the same way.

kalpurush
July 15, 2016, 09:53 AM
Being a Bangladeshi, why do you care about what happens in Iraq or Syria or Libya or Palestine? There are 190+ countries and 7+ billion retards scurrying about and it's inevitable that a few dozen nations and a few hundred million humans will be sword-fighting. As long as it isn't you, I suggest you stop giving a damn and losing sleep over glorified third world hell-holes.

It also provides the world a convenient platform to club you together and isolate you if need be. If you do choose to disconnect, it's all the more harder - you're a Bangladeshi first and foremost.

Of course, if a Bangladeshi purports a terror attack (god forbid) anywhere, the scenario is different.

Being a Bangladeshi, my heart goes out to the Indians as well when they were killed by the "Muslim" terrorists and so does in Paris or anywhere in the world.

There is a thing called HUMANITY. You might not be familiar with this as it grows with your upbringing, ethics, morel and the environment you grow up.

Vahroone
July 16, 2016, 10:23 AM
Being a Bangladeshi, my heart goes out to the Indians as well when they were killed by the "Muslim" terrorists and so does in Paris or anywhere in the world.

You say that only when you've been caught out. Perennially the second sentence and a hasty cover-up.

Your first choice of countries were, and I quote: "...Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Palestine..."

These countries aren't worth it beyond the token gestures of condemnation of what goes on in there. Your heart should throb for only nation: Bangladesh.

Vahroone
July 16, 2016, 10:50 AM
If it's of any interest, we are firing AMRAAMs at Zakir Naik here in India.

Watch and enjoy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vpm21KbDd3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BIw7NWweJZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vahroone
July 16, 2016, 01:31 PM
He's baking in the heat - both the saudi July sun and otherwise:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yZWxZULxSdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Banglatiger84
July 17, 2016, 12:47 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/bcl-form-committees-90-private-universities-1254484

"He alleged that there are many private universities that make money by "selling certificates". They can't do it if student politics is there, he added."

:facepalm:

Jadukor
July 18, 2016, 11:58 PM
Four wounded in an axe attack on a train in Germany. The attacker is a 17 yr afghan refugee. Germany welcomed in highest number of refugees and this is how you repay them! Paradise is just too important for these terrorists. Nobody can complain if they are booted off EU now

PoorFan
July 19, 2016, 03:21 AM
Love for paradise cant be the only reason behind these heinous indiscriminate terrorism, these misguided minds are also extremely conspirecy lover, followers of twisted, imaginary coocked up theries as fact, which serves the purpose of breeding endless hatred, actually as effective and harmful as any kind of terrorist act.

Those who works behind, knows very well that only a few of these misguided believers will do, no need to be logical, conclussive and with evidence to all audience. Sooner we learn to identify these breed of hatred, and stop follwoing or at least stop spreading the better it would be, the consequence always appears way later, and have to pay the price big by then, we all should recognize that as well.

Night_wolf
July 19, 2016, 03:54 AM
Four wounded in an axe attack on a train in Germany. The attacker is a 17 yr afghan refugee. Germany welcomed in highest number of refugees and this is how you repay them! Paradise is just too important for these terrorists. Nobody can complain if they are booted off EU now

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the news. He is just one single refuge who does not represent the majority, but he may have now sealed the fate of millions of future refugees

roman
July 19, 2016, 08:50 AM
^ May be he was not a true refugee. Madness

Sylheti_Beta
July 19, 2016, 09:09 AM
Its always the same apologist stuff we get to hear whenever there's an attack. That the attacker/attackers do not represent Islam. That's fine by me, now comes the second point, if said attackers are un-Islamic or have performed un-Islamic acts, especially like taking the life of an innocent. Why should they be accorded last rites according to Muslim customs ? Is it not an insult to Muslims in general who do not support such actions? It's a question people side step with considerable unease, and therein lies the hypocrisy.

Many people in countries like Iraq, Iran,Lebanon,Egypt etc; have woken up to this already and many actively speak out against the Wahhabi mindset and customs which Al Saud is trying to force down the collective throats of Muslims worldwide. People like Ayad Jamal Al-Din are actively calling out for separation of Religion and State in order to achieve peace and progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbUUNonUgE8

We as a liberal and intellectual race of people should endeavor to take heed of the undercurrents in these countries. We need to save our country from the violent paths these countries took before coming to a conclusion that Religion and State must be separated.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 19, 2016, 09:12 AM
I was thinking the same thing when I heard the news. He is just one single refuge who does not represent the majority, but he may have now sealed the fate of millions of future refugees

Dont forget the sexual assault on hundreds during the new years eve... that event started changing the perception towards refugees.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/cologne-attacks-what-happened-after-1000-women-were-sexually-assaulted-a6867071.html

Tigers_eye
July 19, 2016, 12:18 PM
Instead of off-Topic can we focus on the solution please? Let the Garbage talk be for the talk show analysts. We are better than that.

++++
Yesterday, I saw an advertisement in channel 9. I think that was best thing happening after these mindless attacks.

It showed beautiful pictures of the Murderers and then their demise (dead bodies). All the while encouraging parents to know the whereabouts, friend circles of children. Then ending with several Quranic Verses and one hadith.

The Only one I remember from the ad was sura Bani Israel (17) Verse # 33.

<SMALL class=times-new data-reactid=".1o55azep534.2.2.0.1.2:$17-33-ayah.1.1:$0.1.0">And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law].</SMALL>

Tigers_eye
July 19, 2016, 12:22 PM
I think this was the hadith that was shown at the end of the ad.

The Prophet (PBUH) of Mercy said:

Beware! Whosoever oppresses a Muahid (i.e. Non-Muslim living in Muslim land with agreement) or snatches (any of) his rights or causes him pain which he cannot bear, or takes anything from him without his permission, Then “I WILL FIGHT AGAINST SUCH A (MUSLIM) ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT” [Sunnan Abu Dawud, Volume No. 3, Page No. 170, Hadith No. 3052]

The words used were "OPPRESSES", "SNATCHES HIS RIGHTS", "CAUSES PAIN WHICH HE CAN'T BEAR", "TAKES ANYTHING FROM HIM WITHOUT PERMISSION" - Here people killing others? That is not Islam no matter how loudly they try to boast.

Tigers_eye
July 19, 2016, 01:52 PM
http://www.bdnewspapers24.com/p/news-url.html?url=http://www.prothom-alo.com/&title=Prothom%20Alo

Scenario

(javascript:) (javascript:) (javascript:) (javascript:) (javascript:) (javascript:)

<ARTICLE class="jw_detail_content_holder content mb10 oh" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Article"> http://paimages.prothom-alo.com/contents/cache/images/643x0x1/uploads/media/2016/07/20/ff3a0582c60b5e3144d04adb6ab28f67-Untitled-17.jpg

[বাংলা]রশিদ (ছদ্মনাম) সাহেবের একমাত্র ছেলে অনিক। ছোটবেলা থেকেই যথেষ্ট মেধাবী। পড়ছে একটি বেসরকারি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে। অনিককে নিয়ে বাবা-মা বেশ গর্বিত। এই বয়সের ছেলেদের নিয়ে যেসব প্রচলিত শঙ্কা বাবা-মায়ের মনে থাকে, অনিক সেগুলোর ধারেকাছে নেই। সে নেশা করে না, সিগারেটও খায় না। ঠিক সময়ে বাড়ি ফেরে। কারণে-অকারণে টাকা চায় না। নির্ধারিত কয়েকজন বন্ধু ছাড়া তেমন কারও সঙ্গে মেশে না। মাঝে মাঝে রাত জেগে বন্ধুদের নিয়ে কম্পিউটারে নানা প্রজেক্ট বানায়। এমনকি ধর্মীয় অনুশাসনও কঠোরভাবে মেনে চলে। কখনো কখনো অবশ্য বন্ধুদের সঙ্গে দিন কয়েকের জন্য ঢাকার বাইরে বেড়াতে যায়। তখন নিয়মিত বাসায় ফোন করে। বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে তার রেজাল্টও ভালো। অনিকের মা আরও বেশি খুশি এই কারণে যে, তাঁর ছেলে এই বয়সে প্রেমও করে না!
কিন্তু একদিন গভীর রাতে হঠাৎ বাসায় উপস্থিত আইনশৃঙ্খলা রক্ষাকারী বাহিনীর কয়েকজন সদস্য। তাঁরা অনিকের ঘর তল্লাশি করতে চাইলেন। সেখানে পাওয়া গেল মারাত্মক অস্ত্র, জঙ্গিবাদ সমর্থক বই আর অনিকের কম্পিউটার ভর্তি জঙ্গি আক্রমণের কৌশলবিষয়ক গুরুত্বপূর্ণ তথ্য। একটি নাশকতার ঘটনায় অনিক সরাসরি জড়িত ছিল, এমন প্রমাণ বাবা-মাকে দেওয়া হলো। গ্রেপ্তার হলো অনিক। তার বাবা-মায়ের মাথায় আকাশ ভেঙে পড়ল।
বাবা-মায়েরা অনেক সময় ধারণাই করতে পারেন না যে তাঁদের শান্ত-সুবোধ সন্তান জঙ্গিবাদ আর চরমপন্থার দিকে ঝুঁকে পড়েছে। সন্তানের ভবিষ্যৎ, ক্যারিয়ার আর বাহ্যিকভাবে তার আচরণ দেখে বাবা-মায়েরা তৃপ্ত থাকলেও কখনো কখনো সন্তানের বহিরাবরণ ভেদ করে তার অন্তরের কাছাকাছি পৌঁছানো দরকার। শিশুর অন্তঃকরণ জানতে হলে তার ধারণার জগৎটি কীভাবে গড়ে ওঠে, তা বাবা-মাকে খানিকটা বুঝতে হবে।
সুইস মনোবিজ্ঞানী জ্যঁ পিয়াজে শিশুদের ধারণার জগৎ বা জ্ঞানীয় বিকাশের বিখ্যাত তত্ত্বটি ব্যাখ্যা করতে গিয়ে বলেন, ৭ থেকে ১১ বছর বয়সের একটি শিশুর মধ্যে কংক্রিট অপারেশনাল পর্যায় দেখা যায়, যখন আশপাশ সম্পর্কে সে অনেক যুক্তি দিয়ে ভাবতে শেখে। কোনো বস্তুর ধারণায় সে গুণগত মানকে প্রাধান্য দেয়। আর ১১ বছরের পর থেকে পরিণত বয়স পর্যন্ত তার মধ্যে ফরমাল অপারেশনাল পর্যায় দেখা যায়, যখন তার ধারণার জগৎটি অনেক বিস্তৃত হতে থাকে, বিমূর্ত হতে থাকে এবং কার্যকারণ বিবেচনা করে সে তার ধারণা প্রস্তুত করে। এই ফরমাল অপারেশনাল পর্যায়টি এ কারণে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ যে, এই সময়টিতেই একজন তরুণের মধ্যে যেকোনো বিশ্বাস বা আদর্শ দানা বাঁধতে থাকে। এই বিশ্বাস বা আদর্শ হতে পারে পুরোপুরি আত্মকেন্দ্রিক ক্যারিয়ার-নির্ভর অথবা পার্থিব ভোগবাদে পরিপূর্ণ কিংবা পুরোপুরি পরার্থবাদী। আবার কখনো-বা হতে পারে মানবতাবিরোধী সন্ত্রাসনির্ভর কূপমণ্ডূক জঙ্গিধারণায় পরিপূর্ণ। তাই এই ১১-১২ বছরের পর থেকে পরিণত বয়স পর্যন্ত সন্তানকে বুঝতে পারাটা খুব জরুরি।
মার্কিন গবেষক লরেন্সকোহলবার্গ পিয়াজের ধারণার জগৎ বা জ্ঞনীয় বিকাশের পর্যায়গুলোর সঙ্গে নৈতিক বিকাশের যোগসূত্রও তুলে ধরেন। মানুষের নৈতিকতার বিকাশের পর্যায় ব্যাখ্যা করতে গিয়ে কোহলবার্গ তিনটি স্তরের বর্ণনা দেন। জন্ম থেকে প্রথম কয়েক বছর শাস্তি এড়াতে শিশুরা নিয়মকানুন মেনে চলে, এরপর বয়ঃসন্ধিতে সে নিজের কাজের স্বীকৃতির জন্য সামাজিক রীতিনীতির সঙ্গে একাত্ম হয়—‘ভালো ছেলে’ বা ‘ভালো মেয়ে’ অভিধায় তারা ভূষিত হতে চায়। আর নৈতিকতার বিকাশের তৃতীয় স্তর—যা শুরু হয় ১৬-১৭ বছর বয়সের দিকে। তখন সে নৈতিকতাকে নিজস্ব ধারণার জগতের সঙ্গে মিলিয়ে নিজের মতো করে ব্যাখ্যা দিতে থাকে। তার ধারণার জগৎ বা জ্ঞানীয় বিকাশ যদি হয় প্রচলিত সমাজ-সংস্কৃতিপন্থী, তবে তার নৈতিকতার চর্চা হয় সমাজ অনুগামী। আর তার ধারণার জগতে যদি সে বিশ্বাস করে এই সমাজ, এই প্রচলিত রীতিনীতি ‘সঠিক নয়’, তখন সে তার চারপাশকে পরিবর্তন করতে চায়। পরিবর্তনের পন্থা হতে পারে প্রচলিত পদ্ধতিতে অথবা তার নিজস্ব বিশ্বাসের মতো করে। এই পরিবর্তনের যেকোনো পথকে সে নিজস্ব যুক্তি দিয়ে ব্যাখ্যা করে। একজন তরুণের মনোস্তত্ত্ব এখানেই জঙ্গিবাদে মোড় নেয়। প্রচলিত ধ্যানধারণার বাইরে তার মধ্যে জন্ম নেয় উগ্রবাদ আর ভ্রান্ত বিশ্বাস। কিন্তু ওই যে তার ধারণার জগৎটিই পাল্টে গেছে, তাই সেই উগ্রবাদ আর নিষ্ঠুরতাকে সে ন্যায্য বলে মনে করে। নিষ্ঠুরতা, নির্মমতা আর সন্ত্রাস তার কাছে নিজের আদর্শ প্রতিষ্ঠা করার এক ‘উপযুক্ত’ পদক্ষেপমাত্র।
বয়ঃসন্ধিকাল থেকে পরিণত বয়স, যেমন ২৫-২৬ বছর পর্যন্ত একজন তরুণের মনোজগতের এই পরিবর্তনটি আশপাশের সবাইকে বুঝতে হবে। এই বয়সে তার মনোজগতের পরিবর্তন অবশ্যম্ভাবী—খেয়া রাখতে হবে যে, এই পরিবর্তন যেন ইতিবাচক দিকে হয়—ধর্মান্ধতা বা জঙ্গিবাদের দিকে না হয়।

এ জন্য অভিভাবক, বিশেষ করে বাবা-মায়েদের যে বিষয়গুলোর দিকে নজর দিতে হবে, তা হলো—
আচরণের পরিবর্তন
হঠাৎকরে আপনার সন্তানের আচরণের পরিবর্তন ঘটছে কি না, নজর রাখুন। যেমন সে হঠাৎ করে আগের বন্ধু-বান্ধবীদের সঙ্গে মিশছে না, খানিকটা একা হয়ে গেছে—নতুন নতুন বন্ধু তৈরি হয়েছে, কথাবার্তা কম বলছে, স্বভাবটি চাপা হয়ে গেছে, পুরোনো বইপত্র, গানের সরঞ্জাম ফেলে দিয়ে নতুন নতুন বইপত্র পড়া শুরু করেছে ইত্যাদি।

আচার-আচরণের পরিবর্তন
ধর্ম পা​লনের যে স্বাভাবিক ও প্রচলিত রীতি–নীতি রয়েছে, হঠাৎ করে আপনার সন্তান সেই রীতি–নীতি থেকে ভিন্ন রকম আচরণ করছে কি না খেয়াল করুন। দেখুন হঠাৎ​ করে আগের চেয়ে তার আচরণে বড় কোনো পরিবর্তন ঘটেছে কি না।

বাড়ির বাইরে রাত কাটানো
বেড়াতেযাওয়ার নামে বা বন্ধুর বাসায় থাকার নামে প্রায়ই বাসার বাইরে রাত কাটাচ্ছে কি না খেয়াল রাখুন, সত্যিই কোথায় রাত কাটায়, কী করে জানার চেষ্টা করুন।

ঘরে কী করছে
অনেকসময় ঘরে দরজা বন্ধ করে একাকী বা নির্ধারিত বন্ধুর সঙ্গে সময় কাটালে তাদের নিরুৎসাহিত করুন।

শিক্ষাপ্রতিষ্ঠানে কী করছে
আপনারসন্তান স্কুল, কলেজ বা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে কী করছে, কাদের সঙ্গে মিশছে, কোনো সংগঠনের সঙ্গে জড়িত কি না, তার খোঁজখবর করুন।

কী ধরনের বই পড়ছে
পাঠ্যবইয়ের পাশাপাশি সে কী ধরনের বই পড়ছে, সেগুলোর দিকে মনোযোগ দিন। তার ঘরে থাকা বইগুলো প্রয়োজনে আপনিও পড়ুন এবং সেখানে কোনো উগ্রপন্থা বা জঙ্গিবাদের তথ্যসমৃদ্ধ বই আছে কি না, যাচাই করুন। সে কোন ধরনের সিনেমা দেখছে খেয়াল রাখুন, প্রয়োজনে তার সঙ্গে বসে সেই সিনেমা আপনিও দেখুন।

ইন্টারনেটে কী করে
সে ইন্টারনেটে কী করে, সামাজিক যোগাযোগমাধ্যমে তার বন্ধু কারা, সে কোন কোন গ্রুপ ফলো করে, তার মন্তব্যগুলো কী রকম, তা জানার চেষ্টা করুন। সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যমে আপনিও তার বন্ধু থাকুন।

কথাবার্তা খেয়াল করুন
তার প্রতিটি কথাবার্তা এবং চারপাশে ঘটে যাওয়া বিষয়াদি নিয়ে তার মন্তব্যগুলো গুরুত্বের সঙ্গে নিন। তার কোনো কথা বা মন্তব্যে আপনার যদি মনে হয় সেগুলো খুব বেশি র‌্যাডিকাল বা জঙ্গি ভাবাদর্শের প্রতি নমনীয়, তবে আপনার সন্তানকে নিবিড় পর্যবেক্ষণে রাখুন।

বিষণ্নতা আছে কি না দেখুন
কখনো বিষণ্নতা, হতাশা বা তীব্র অবসাদ তরুণদের এই ধরনের জঙ্গি হওয়ার অন্যতম ঝুঁকি হিসেবে কাজ করে। ফলে বিষণ্নতা বা হতাশার কোনো লক্ষণ আপনার সন্তানের মধ্যে আছে কি না, খেয়াল রাখুন।
মনে রাখবেন, আপনার সন্তান সে যত মেধাবীই হোক, যতই তথাকথিত আধুনিকমনস্ক হোক না কেন, সে ছেলে হোক বা মেয়ে, যে মাধ্যমের শিক্ষাপ্রতিষ্ঠানেই পড়ুক না কেন—জঙ্গিবাদের ঝুঁকি থেকে মুক্ত নয়। জঙ্গিবাদ এমনই এক দানব, যা গ্রাস করতে পারে আমাদের আগামী প্রজন্মকে—দুর্বল একটি রন্ধ্র দিয়ে প্রবেশ করতে পারে আপনার প্রিয়জনের অন্তঃকরণে। প্রতিরোধের সময় কিন্তু এখনই।

প্রতিরোধ যেভাবে
ইন্টারনেটের ব্যবহার সীমাবদ্ধ করুন
১৮ বছর বয়সের আগে একান্তে ইন্টারনেট ব্যবহার থেকে সন্তানকে নিবৃত্ত করুন। বাড়িতে ডেস্কটপ কম্পিউটারটি প্রকাশ্য স্থানে রাখুন।

উৎসাহিত করবেন না
সন্তানের মধ্যে কোনো ধরনের সাম্প্রদায়িক উসকানিমূলক আচরণ দেখলে সেগুলোকে কোনোভাবেই উৎসাহিত করবেন না। তার কোনো জঙ্গিভাবাপন্ন মন্তব্যকে হেসে উড়িয়ে দেবেন না।

পারিবারিকভাবে নৈতিকতা আর মুক্তচিন্তার চর্চা
পরিবারে প্রকৃত ধর্ম আর নৈতিকতার চর্চা করুন। পাশাপাশি শিশুকে পরমতসহিষ্ণুতা শেখান, মুক্ত চিন্তাকে উৎসাহিত করুন। পারিবারিক পরিমণ্ডলে কখনোই সাম্প্রদায়িক বা উসকানিমূলক মন্তব্য করবেন না। আপনার শিশুর ধারণার জগৎ তাতে বিকৃত হয়ে যাবে।

দেশীয় সংস্কৃতির চর্চায় উৎসাহ দিন
নিজস্বসংস্কৃতির চর্চায় শিশুকে উৎসাহিত করুন। নববর্ষ, জাতীয় দিবস ইত্যাদিতে তার সক্রিয় অংশগ্রহণ নিশ্চিত করুন। তার নাট্যচর্চা, নাচ, গানকে উৎসাহিত করুন। বাংলা গান, কবিতাকে ব্যঙ্গ করবেন না—ধর্মের নামে এই দেশীয় সংস্কৃতির চর্চাকে বাধা দেবেন না।

বই-সিনেমা বাছাই করে দিন
শিশুর মননশীলতা বিকাশে কার্যকর, মুক্তচিন্তার চর্চায় সহায়ক এমন ধরনের বই ও সিনেমা তাকে বাছাই করে দিন। তার মনটিকে জঙ্গিবাদের দিকে ধাবিত হওয়ার আগেই আপনি তাকে সুকুমারবৃত্তি আর খোলা হাওয়ার দিকে পরিচালিত করুন।

সন্তানের বন্ধু হোন
সন্তানের ওপর গোপন নজরদারি না করে তার বন্ধু হোন, তার ধর্মাচরণসহ নানা বিষয়ে তার সঙ্গে খোলাখুলি আলোচনা করুন। তার ভুলগুলো বুঝতে তাকে সাহায্য করুন। রাগ বা অভিমান করে নয়, তাকে ভালোবেসে সঠিক পথে নিয়ে আসুন।

আত্মতৃপ্তি নয়
‘আমার সন্তান নেশা করে না, প্রেম করে না—কেবল একটু বেশি বেশি ধর্মচর্চা করে’ এই ভেবে আত্মতৃপ্তি পাবেন না। মাদকের নেশা ছাড়াও তার মধ্যে জঙ্গিবাদের নেশা থাকতে পারে। বিষয়টি মাথায় রাখুন।

সন্তানের বন্ধুদের সম্পর্কে জানুন
কারা ওর বন্ধু, তা জানার চেষ্টা করুন। বন্ধুদের মধ্যে কোনো জঙ্গি আছে কি না, যাচাই করুন এবং প্রয়োজনে ওই ধরনের বন্ধুদের পরিহার করতে বলুন।

প্রয়োজনে বিশেষজ্ঞ
কখনো যদি মনে হয় আপনার সন্তান জঙ্গিবাদের দিকে আকৃষ্ট হচ্ছে, তবে প্রয়োজনে শিক্ষাপ্রতিষ্ঠানের দায়িত্বপ্রাপ্ত শিক্ষক বা পরিবারের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তিকে জানান। প্রয়োজনে মানসিক স্বাস্থ্য বিশেষজ্ঞের পরামর্শ গ্রহণ করুন। বিষণ্নতাসহ যেকোনো মানসিক সমস্যার চিকিৎসা প্রদান করুন।

গোপন করবেন না
আপনার সন্তানের মধ্যে জঙ্গি ভাবধারা দেখা গেলে বা সে জঙ্গিদলে যোগ দিয়েছে, এমনটা প্রমাণ পেলে বিষয়টি গোপন না করে আইনশৃঙ্খলা রক্ষাকারী বাহিনীকে জানানোই সমীচীন। কারণ, এতে তার প্রাথমিক মৃদু শাস্তি হলেও অকালমৃত্যুর হাত থেকে সে রক্ষা পেতে পারে—বড় ধরনের শাস্তির হাত থেকে সে রেহাই পেতে পারে; পাশাপাশি রাষ্ট্র ও সমাজ রক্ষা পেতে পারে বড় ধরনের নাশকতার হাত থেকে।[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
July 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
Ashool kothai bollo na era.

1. Speak the truth. We parents need to practice it first then teach the children.
2. No Bribery. Practice that.
3. Respect others first and then teach the kids. We can't respect a normal beggar. We can't respect a normal din-mojur. We can't respect our daily helpers (Drivers, security, mansion caretakers, Gardeners, Kaj'er lok. etc.)

And we want our children to respect other lives.

Tigers_eye
July 19, 2016, 02:05 PM
http://www.kalerkantho.com/assets/news_images/2016/07/19/thumbnails/184905ifa_kalerkantho_pic.jpg
[বাংলা]দেশের অন্যান্য মসজিদের খতিব ও ইমামগণ যাতে বায়তুল মুকাররম জাতীয় মসজিদের জন্য প্রণীত খুতবা থেকে ধারণা নিয়ে খুতবা উপস্থাপন করতে পারেন, এ উদ্দেশ্যে ইসলামিক ফাউন্ডেশন থেকে দেশের বিভিন্ন মসজিদে শুধুমাত্র নমুনা হিসেবে খুতবা প্রেরণ করা হয়। উক্ত খুতবা কারো ওপর চাপিয়ে দেয়া হয়নি কিংবা কারো জন্য নির্দিষ্ট করে দেয়া হয়নি। জুমার খুতবা বিষয়ে সম্প্রতি বিভিন্ন জাতীয় দৈনিক পত্রিকায়[/বাংলা]

http://www.bdnewspapers24.com/p/news-url.html?url=http://www.kalerkantho.com/&title=Kaler%20Kantho

dolcevita
July 19, 2016, 02:31 PM
I think this was the hadith that was shown at the end of the ad.

The Prophet (PBUH) of Mercy said:

Beware! Whosoever oppresses a Muahid (i.e. Non-Muslim living in Muslim land with agreement) or snatches (any of) his rights or causes him pain which he cannot bear, or takes anything from him without his permission, Then “I WILL FIGHT AGAINST SUCH A (MUSLIM) ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT” [Sunnan Abu Dawud, Volume No. 3, Page No. 170, Hadith No. 3052]

The words used were "OPPRESSES", "SNATCHES HIS RIGHTS", "CAUSES PAIN WHICH HE CAN'T BEAR", "TAKES ANYTHING FROM HIM WITHOUT PERMISSION" - Here people killing others? That is not Islam no matter how loudly they try to boast.

With this hadith one should also mention the tax Muahid have to pay for living in muslim countries : Jizya

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya

roman
July 19, 2016, 02:37 PM
Ashool kothai bollo na era.

1. Speak the truth. We parents need to practice it first then teach the children.
2. No Bribery. Practice that.
3. Respect others first and then teach the kids. We can't respect a normal beggar. We can't respect a normal din-mojur. We can't respect our daily helpers (Drivers, security, mansion caretakers, Gardeners, Kaj'er lok. etc.)

And we want our children to respect other lives.

Number 3 :applause:

This is the foundation of all

Tigers_eye
July 19, 2016, 03:02 PM
With this hadith one should also mention the tax Muahid have to pay for living in muslim countries : Jizya
However, if the Govt don't charge them, then there is no Tax. Again this is a no issue for Bangladesh.

The issue is Prophet's (PBUH) respecting other lives and property. Very simple message.

Tigers_eye
July 19, 2016, 03:06 PM
Number 3 :applause:

This is the foundation of allWe get angry and MUST display it, to feel good. :facepalm: Whereas, one of the characteristics of the people who will live in paradise is those who suppress ANGER.

Amra tho agey dui'ta bari diye nei. Ar kotha? Gali chara kono kotha nai. :down:

bujhee kom
July 19, 2016, 04:16 PM
First we have to find out - ei shob bishoye [বাংলা]পিয়াজের ধারণা[/বাংলা] ki.

[বাংলা]বাড়ির বাইরে রাত কাটানো[/বাংলা]: What does it mean? Why would any children in BD spend their nights outside of their parents' home (thus his or her own home)? There was NO sleeping over at friends' house in the 70s and 80s. If he is spending the night outside of his home and he is below 22, meaning still living at Babar Hotel, eating Ma-er ranna, what makes one think that he is busy doing 'radical' stuff, spending thre night at Masjid? High chance he is busy doing 'Oshamajik kriakolap' as well. It all falls on the scumbag parents. It is the parents that are responsible for the birth and creation fundamentalist terrorist/murderers and drug addict anti-socials. Like Tiger-da and Roman said, the parents are corrupt to begin with (corrupt - morally, spiritually, socially, ethically) - and have no decency, no responsibility, accountability, sense of humility and respect for hard work. They raise (if really raising) the children with conscience of a criminal themselves, thus when their children become criminals, first thing they do is DENY - "No, no, my son , my daughter couldn't have done it, this is all a conspiracy, shotrutami korchey amar shotrura, attio-sajan etc. etc." Just like here, not raising the child properly, not teaching him/her the difference between right and wrong, and then when the kid joined gangs and become gang-bangers and get shot and killed due to gang violence - first thing out of the mouth, "Why lord, why, why? Ohhh Lord, my baibey is dead, Lord...oh lord, how could you lord!"

[বাংলা]তবে প্রয়োজনে শিক্ষাপ্রতিষ্ঠানের দায়িত্বপ্রাপ্ত শিক্ষক বা পরিবারের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তিকে জানান।[/বাংলা] - Yeah, sure, while the teacher is busy 'coaching' - 'batching' - 'suggestion giving' for exams!

[বাংলা]উৎসাহিত করবেন না??
সন্তানের মধ্যে কোনো ধরনের সাম্প্রদায়িক উসকানিমূলক আচরণ দেখলে সেগুলোকে কোনোভাবেই উৎসাহিত করবেন না।???
তার কোনো জঙ্গিভাবাপন্ন মন্তব্যকে হেসে উড়িয়ে দেবেন না।[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]হেসে উড়িয়ে দেবেন না[/বাংলা] - Say what? Dui gaaley duita Thaash Thaash korira Thabra dia chapaar daat feley Fokla banai dibo. Erokom shontan-key lungi khuley unmukto podey chabkatey hobey! Otherwise those wuss failed parents need to be whiped total bare butt!

bujhee kom
July 19, 2016, 04:47 PM
Ohh another thing came to mind. I have been meaning to write this for a long long time, just been forgetting.

About dishonesty: Dishonesty is the core of our society. Our mantra.

All parents say that their child is the first boy. Khub brainy - kintoo portey chai naa. Kintoo iccha korlei, ektu cheshta korlei first stand korto. Arrey, suggesion kajey ashey nai...proshno common porey nai!

Everyone says their family has contributed most in the independence war. Their family is full of freedom fighters. You ever met anyone that says that their family has a Razakar? So where does a Razakar come from?

Everyone says that his/her father was the most honest officer/person on earth. Never accepted any 'ghush' in life - Amar baba khub short manus chilen. Yeah...Have you ever met a single person that says I have a ghushkhor in my family? No, because all ghushkhors come from a different far away alternate reality, All ghushkhors are some else' babas... yeah!

PoorFan
July 20, 2016, 01:58 AM
An appeal to those 'jihadists' who seek 'shahadat' - From a concerned citizen.

What made these boys commit this kind of barbaric act? Where did they learn to handle firearms and explosives? Who trained them? Who brainwashed these kids into this deviant cult which they mistook for true Islam?

Those are the real devils behind these young men who I believe may have been, patsies, unwittingly carrying out this macabre drama as if in a trance. Were they under some drugs? Could it be mind control? Who knows?

As news filter in, we are informed that all of them had earlier 'disappeared' to suddenly reappear in the guise of these Mad Murderers; what transformed them in such a short time from normal kids leading normal lives to this state? We hear hundreds of such youths have already gone missing at this point. I shudder to think what evil designs are being cooked up by their evil minded trainers.

Our authorities with the active help of people need to act quickly to get to the root of all this and bust the masterminds and save our youth as well as our society from this azaab that has suddenly descended upon us.
Now we need to reach out to these so-called jihadists and dreamers of Shahadat, for whom I make the following appeal.

Believe me you are being led to a fool's paradise, you are being used to fulfill the objects of a bloodthirsty group drunk for usurping power. They do not care who they send on such missions of death and destruction. And who lives and who dies.

Wake up; don't be trapped into throwing away your lives at the commands of these half baked so called Islamists. Go to real ulama e haqqani and find out the true meaning of jihad and when and where it becomes incumbent and upon whom.
You cannot take the life of another human being, be he or she a Muslim or a non Muslim.

You cannot take your own lives which is suicide and is haram in Islam.
Islam never allows the killing of innocent non-Muslims. Neither does it advocate conversion by force.

Islam does not allow killing of women and children even in combat (war situation).
Don't be so ungrateful to your parents, who have raised you with so much pain and love and care. Do you realise how devastated, shocked and bewildered your family has become due to your own error of judgement? How awkward their position has become in society?
http://www.thedailystar.net/op-ed/politics/appeal-those-jihadists-who-seek-shahadat-1256149

tonmoy.dhaka
July 20, 2016, 08:39 AM
A quick solution to avoid extremism is to move to countries with the lowest number of muslim immigrants. You can safely ride trains buses without the fear of some behest seeking lunatic attacking you with a knife. Until of course, that place too turns into a hell hole as more muslims find out and immigrate with their "chouddo gushti" creating retarded second genration kids, eventually destroying all the hardwork and goodwill the previous generations have built.

Right now Japan seems like such a place and a very good country for vacation.

The sad part is that this current situation would result in the rise of ultra conservative government all over Europe and Americas. Even the liberals in Europe/America's are getting tired of terrorism disrupting their way of life. The voices of support for the muslim community is slowly diminishing.

There was a time (not too long ago) when I used to believe that extremism thrives among-st the uneducated or underprivileged youths. Now I don't really know what to think anymore, May be too much internet is to blame.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 20, 2016, 10:37 AM
Here is a great article on today's newspaper about the rise of extremism in Bangladesh. Gives you a background on how Radical groups like Ansarullah bangla team , Hizbut tahrir etc was formed in Bangladesh.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/op-ed/2016/jul/20/free-thinkers-versus-assassins

simon
July 20, 2016, 11:55 AM
ঘরে কী করছে
অনেকসময় ঘরে দরজা বন্ধ করে একাকী বা নির্ধারিত বন্ধুর সঙ্গে সময় কাটালে তাদের নিরুৎসাহিত করুন।

ইন্টারনেটে কী করে
সে ইন্টারনেটে কী করে, সামাজিক যোগাযোগমাধ্যমে তার বন্ধু কারা, সে কোন কোন গ্রুপ ফলো করে, তার মন্তব্যগুলো কী রকম, তা জানার চেষ্টা করুন। সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যমে আপনিও তার বন্ধু থাকুন।
[/বাংলা]

mor jala, ektu privacy o thakbe na, ei boyosh e ekta joyan cheler koto ojana bishoy jana'r thakey :rolleyes: ;)

bujhee kom
July 20, 2016, 12:17 PM
mor jala, ektu privacy o thakbe na, ei boyosh e ekta joyan cheler koto ojana bishoy jana'r thakey :rolleyes: ;)

Hehehe...exactly true, Simone, at this age you, Tigers da, Roman were busy reading, giggling and looking at verities of 'food for thoughts' dirty books (okay, you and Roman maybe, but Tigers da-definitely) with the doors closed.

Now the time has changed. Young folks are reading 'Nashokotamulok' 'Jongi' books with their doors closed. So no more privacy, Simone. We must break the doors and moms must check every kid's backpack, under the bed, bathroom, toilet of this age, every morning.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 20, 2016, 12:32 PM
Hehehe...exactly true, Simone, at this age you, Tigers da, Roman were busy reading, giggling and looking at verities of 'food for thoughts' dirty books (okay, you and Roman maybe, but Tigers da-definitely) with the doors closed.

Now the time has changed. Young folks are reading 'Nashokotamulok' 'Jongi' books with their doors closed. So no more privacy, Simone. We must break the doors and moms must check every kid's backpack, under the bed, bathroom, toilet of this age, every morning.

I studied "Evolution" in school back in the 90's. The teacher taught us like any other lesson.

Today people get death threat when they translate a book on evolution in Bengali.
It is not about reading "Jongi" books anymore, it is also about banning any book that may not conform to the teachings of religion.

kalpurush
July 20, 2016, 01:20 PM
US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

US air strike killed nearly 60 civilians, including children, in Syria on Tuesday after the coalition mistook them for Islamic State fighters.

Read more @ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/19/us-air-strike-in-syria-kills-up-to-85-civilians-mistaken-for-isi/

^^^
It has to be stopped which motivates terrorism IMHO.

Rifat
July 20, 2016, 01:21 PM
I studied "Evolution" in school back in the 90's. The teacher taught us like any other lesson.

Today people get death threat when they translate a book on evolution in Bengali.
It is not about reading "Jongi" books anymore, it is also about banning any book that may not conform to the teachings of religion.

Some people are not that intelligent. They always assume that Evolution implies the lack of a divine supreme being(creator), which is nowhere stated or assumed in the theory itself... whether you believe in the theory itself or not that's another question but i personally never saw any conflict between studying the concept and my Islamic belief system. The fact that Evolution is anti-religion is a western concept(since it directly contradicts the Bible, or at least assumed to contradict the biblican creationist concept by a large portion of Christians)...

Those bloggers had no right to be killed in my opinion

Shingara
July 20, 2016, 02:29 PM
The religious ones don't commit extremism. It's the part-time Muslims who do.

Ma-baap dujonei ajkal chakri korey. There's an army of teenage pola-maiya doing unthinkable things after school and come home just before their parents come home at 10.

NoName
July 20, 2016, 02:35 PM
Some people are not that intelligent. They always assume that Evolution implies the lack of a divine supreme being(creator), which is nowhere stated or assumed in the theory itself... whether you believe in the theory itself or not that's another question but i personally never saw any conflict between studying the concept and my Islamic belief system. The fact that Evolution is anti-religion is a western concept(since it directly contradicts the Bible, or at least assumed to contradict the biblican creationist concept by a large portion of Christians)...

How do you conform the Theory of Evolution with the Creation of Man? The former states we evolved from apes which in the long run evolved from single-cell organisms, while the latter, even in Islam, states we (Adam/Eve) were created from clay which implies we did not evolve from any animals assuming Adam/Eve was human in the first place.

Rifat
July 20, 2016, 02:53 PM
How do you conform the Theory of Evolution with the Creation of Man? The former states we evolved from apes which in the long run evolved from single-cell organisms, while the latter, even in Islam, states we (Adam/Eve) were created from clay which implies we did not evolve from any animals assuming Adam/Eve was human in the first place.

It does not say that Humans evolved from Apes...it states based on observation the DNA similarities between humans and other primates. Some scientists concluded that therefore, Humans and Apes have a common ancestor. Theory of Evolution itself is not complete due to a "missing link". I do not see how this contradicts that Allah created Adam from clay. Islam we believe it as it is....the "How" it happened is kept hidden from us and based on what we know of science we can neither confirm nor deny the Quranic claim from an observable objective point of view. what bothers me personally is that sometimes people jump to immature conclusions based on limited evidence and thus creating division, discord and confusion in society.

Anik SH
July 20, 2016, 04:45 PM
The religious ones don't commit extremism. It's the part-time Muslims who do.

Ma-baap dujonei ajkal chakri korey. There's an army of teenage pola-maiya doing unthinkable things after school and come home just before their parents come home at 10.

There are many religious Muslims who later became terrorists. All were not Irreliguous.

Don't forget that just lately there has been some Modern life styled radicalised young people joining Militants. Not long ago most terrorists caught red handed were from Madrassas. (Bangladesh pov)

Also few years back the British Sylhetis who were alleged of being terrorists were also too religious.

Nibras Islam was not alone from the gulshan attack. Among others Mobassher, Rohan both were religious(source-Family) and another one was from Madrassa. That hindu proff. attacker young man who was 'crossfired' was also religious and regular mosque attender.

:up:

Shingara
July 20, 2016, 05:15 PM
T

Also few years back the British Sylhetis who were alleged of being terrorists were also too religious.

:up:

Oh, forgot about those British Sylhetis!
So many of them joined ISIS , fought for a while and then came back. BBC had a list of British ISIS fighters on their site a while back and many of them were Sylhetis.
Isn't this also the reason Sheikh Hasina warned the British govt. and now there are plans to remove dual citizenship for Bangladeshis ?

PoorFan
July 21, 2016, 02:42 AM

The quote has been taken just for an expamle of our lack of firm stand in approrirate context. In the context of Bangladesh, Islamist zealots categorize "bloggers" as "Nastic" or "Etheist" by default. And given the fact that 40+ lives been hacked to death for that reason already, yet here, we fail to mention and categorize those who actually commited the killings. And on top of that, saying "Had no right to be killed", instead of [those Islamist zealots] "has no right to kill" anyone, in the name of Islam, Etheist or not ... sounds really inapproriate if we think that way. or do we feel insecure even to state the things the way it should be? or in the right context? I hope not.

Rifat
July 21, 2016, 11:51 AM
The quote has been taken just for an expamle of our lack of firm stand in approrirate context. In the context of Bangladesh, Islamist zealots categorize "bloggers" as "Nastic" or "Etheist" by default. And given the fact that 40+ lives been hacked to death for that reason already, yet here, we fail to mention and categorize those who actually commited the killings. And on top of that, saying "Had no right to be killed", instead of [those Islamist zealots] "has no right to kill" anyone, in the name of Islam, Etheist or not ... sounds really inapproriate if we think that way. or do we feel insecure even to state the things the way it should be? or in the right context? I hope not.

It is not very appropriate to insert or impose an understanding or interpretation of an event onto someone either. All mainstream Islamic Scholars condemn killing innocents in the name of Islam by taking the law into your own hand. Just because I have a history of Publicly defending Islam in this forum, you automatically assumed the worst of me when I stated something. There is no need to be apologetic for wrongdoing. I only hold myself accountable for things I say or do, I do not hold myself accountable for what other people do in the name of Islam claiming Islam.

#EndRant

PoorFan
July 22, 2016, 08:47 PM
It is not very appropriate to insert or impose an understanding or interpretation of an event onto someone either. All mainstream Islamic Scholars condemn killing innocents in the name of Islam by taking the law into your own hand. Just because I have a history of Publicly defending Islam in this forum, you automatically assumed the worst of me when I stated something. There is no need to be apologetic for wrongdoing. I only hold myself accountable for things I say or do, I do not hold myself accountable for what other people do in the name of Islam claiming Islam.

#EndRant

If you had history of defending worngdoing I would have said that staright forward, w/o hesitation, that isnt the case. None, including me expect "your" apology for wrongdoing which is not commited by you, that is just absurd.

However, you do hold responsible the way you say things, the manner you put things forward, and people will either appriciate or critisize based on that particular case. As long as we state things in virtual world [or even actual world] none of us can avoid that.

Jadukor
July 24, 2016, 01:47 AM
Jarei dhorey police tar kas thekei jihadi boi pai... shob jmb mone oder whole library nia shob shomoi ghuraghuri korey. Cant trust anything police says these days. Shial kumir er chana type poisha khawar dhanda shob

simon
July 24, 2016, 07:23 AM
Jarei dhorey police tar kas thekei jihadi boi pai... shob jmb mone oder whole library nia shob shomoi ghuraghuri korey. Cant trust anything police says these days. Shial kumir er chana type poisha khawar dhanda shob

shudhu jihadi boi na, raamda,bothi, boma bananor shoronjam,boma onek kichui pay, koydin ageo dekhlam
watch this from 9:00 <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/60ZwG8RJQ9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jadukor
July 24, 2016, 10:37 PM
Looks like Germany is in deep ____ just like France now. So much for extending a helping hand to Syrians.

Night_wolf
July 25, 2016, 02:14 AM
Looks like Germany is in deep ____ just like France now. So much for extending a helping hand to Syrians.

this is really sad, Syrians needed the help

Jadukor
July 25, 2016, 05:03 AM
An article by Mahfuz Anam on the challenge facing Bangladesh
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/The-challenge-facing-Bangladesh-30291321.html

jeesh
July 26, 2016, 06:39 AM
Guys are the government finally making some progress in combating militancy?

I can see a lot of articles in the press on police/RAB identifying missing youth, shutting down websites/FB pages, arrests, busts. Today hearing about shutting down of Darul Ihsan University.

Of course i cant tell if all the above is categorizable as progress as i dont know the on the ground situation, perception

Jadukor
July 26, 2016, 06:57 AM
We cant know for sure until we know how widely spread the terrorist network is. We have had attacks in various districts seemingly by different teams of three so my sense of it is that this will be a long and brutal battle till we can consider ourselves safe. The good thing is that the Government is finally taking some action instead of being in denial.

Tigers_eye
July 26, 2016, 08:37 AM
Latest news in missing kids are

from the 269 missing kids (police) list, dramatically overnight it has come down to 60+. Source TV news media.

Wooaaaw!!!!!! We have the BEST intelligent Police force in Bangladesh. Soon it will come down to zero and we will be living happily ever after in Peace (Under 3 feet).

(All the media outburst of 1000+ missing kids are Bull crap) No ISIS link in BD for sho.

Zeeshan
July 26, 2016, 08:46 AM
ekhon dekha jache bc te asha r jabe na... shalar CIA, NSA, Dhaka Cadet college, BFC, KFC, KKK, KKR, BFF, TBS shob ari pete ache

bodrul
July 26, 2016, 09:46 AM
It does not say that Humans evolved from Apes...it states based on observation the DNA similarities between humans and other primates. Some scientists concluded that therefore, Humans and Apes have a common ancestor. Theory of Evolution itself is not complete due to a "missing link". I do not see how this contradicts that Allah created Adam from clay. Islam we believe it as it is....the "How" it happened is kept hidden from us and based on what we know of science we can neither confirm nor deny the Quranic claim from an observable objective point of view. what bothers me personally is that sometimes people jump to immature conclusions based on limited evidence and thus creating division, discord and confusion in society.

When it comes to understanding the attributes of Allah, we are not allowed to say 'How', but we are supposed believe. For example, Allah has mentioned many times in the Quran that the Most Merciful has risen over the Throne (istawa). We believe and affirm what Allah has said about 'istawa' but we never ask 'how.'

However, you cannot say that we are not allowed to ask 'how' when it comes to the creation of Adam. Because from the Quran and the authentic ahadiths of the Messenger of Allah (S), we know many vivid descriptions about the story of genesis, which render it completely incompatible to the theory of evolution.

I am not bringing up the sources here (the verses and the ahadeeth, but any Muslim with minimal knowledge should know about these verses and ahadeeth), but how do you explain the following few incidents if you say that Adam (s) was created through evolution?

(1) Allah created Adam by his own Hands (refer Surah Sad)
(2) After Allah created Adam, his hollow body was left for many days, which was witnessed by Iblees
(3) Adam was not created in this earth, which must have been the case if he was created through evolution
(4) Allah spoke directly with Adam and taught him names
(5) Adam lived in Jannah
(6) The angels made prostration to him
(7) Adam only came to this earth after he ate the fruit, and his descent was the punishment. If Adam originated from this earth, his descent would have been like coming to home, but rather, the true home of Adam and his progeny is Jannah.

NoName
July 26, 2016, 08:09 PM
These incidents occurring more regularly in France and Germany past month is getting ridiculous

Rifat
July 27, 2016, 10:53 AM
These incidents occurring more regularly in France and Germany past month is getting ridiculous

The expansion of Greater Israel project is in full flow, once Syria is void of nothing except Bashar Al assad and his goons, Syria will quite easily belong to Israel...everything working according to plan...