PDA

View Full Version : The "Direction-Where-This-Forum-is-Headed" Official Thread

aklemalp
August 1, 2016, 11:39 AM
Recent revelations and occurrences have been taken into consideration...Bros, Sisters, friends...fellow members, let us know what do you think about where this forum is headed...You can give it your own rating(kinda like yelp.com) Or participate in the poll....

iDumb
August 1, 2016, 12:44 PM
you are driving it lately .. you tell us. .. nothing looks promising if there is no cricket ....

And on top of that too much heavy topic .. no light topics ... like the food u made today and how it turned out ... or the girl u kissed today threatening to tell your wife if u don't pay her ....

Sometimes you just want to shut off everything bad in this world and focus on what's good... like the tourist girl in Lexington ave thought my uniform was cool and wanted to take a pic... and I told her to take the pic of the bum next to the subway instead ..

Tigers_eye
August 1, 2016, 01:11 PM
When there is no BD cricket we tend to leave the forum. Come back when there are games. Cricket is just a game or entertainment for some. And for others it is a place where one gets away from the Worldly issues.

We have been very recently scarred by the hostage killing. This is deeper than any regular hostage situation many countries may have faced. We thought we had no link to the outside terrorist. We thought only the poor, uneducated were brain washed locally to create mischief. We thought terroristic threats were only coming from Madrasas. We were wrong in all counts. On top of this the image of the country has been tarnished deeply which would have a negative effect in the economy.

The rise of kidnaps, extortion, violence, extra judiciary killings has put the society at loss. With Car accidents, lightening strikes, now Flood, water borne diseases in the future; The newspaper and media is nothing but depressing. The Death toll percentage I know is really low due to the shear number of population, even a small percentage is a huge number.

Frustration of the members will only grow until we play good cricket and win.

aklemalp
August 1, 2016, 01:20 PM
The forum has gotten more serious and sober. I have to agree with iDumb. Either members are hands on parents and don't have time for this OR they simply moved on.

The jolliness is missing, sense of humor and all.

With cricket comes an influx of old guards and new and curious members...further forming new relationships...

brockley
August 1, 2016, 04:01 PM
I dunno maybe a bit obsessed with terror,what it means,who 2 blame etc.
Their have been deaths here of family members, so that can bring things dow,talk of death..
I guess Bangladeshi fans from an outsider view is very disapointed no cricket,it has been a long time,and I feel bad about it.

Rifat
August 1, 2016, 04:18 PM
There was a time when a lack of cricket would spur some of the most philosophical, interesting, intelligent and level headed discussions in BC discussing just about any topic...those days are long gone because lot of people either got banned or no longer visits or seldom posts in BC...

Donal C
August 1, 2016, 04:48 PM
Wouldnt say its dead, just in limbo. Hopefully cricket will kickstart things, but BD may not be playing for ages yet.

Non cricket sections have always been dead, least since I joined.

aklemalp
August 1, 2016, 10:40 PM
There was a time when a lack of cricket would spur some of the most philosophical, interesting, intelligent and level headed discussions in BC discussing just about any topic...those days are long gone because lot of people either got banned or no longer visits or seldom posts in BC...

Excellent point there Rifat. I wish those days were back here again. Even if I don't contribute to such discussions, it is very valuable in terms of resources... in order for this site to be more softer to users...it will have to have an overhaul (which will cost some amount)...I'm thinking cricbook bhai, although I think he's permanently banned.

I'm hoping for the best....Al Fuqaan's ban will end after usa elects a new president.

aklemalp
August 4, 2016, 11:47 AM
Forum needs an immediate update...who's running the show? The countdown clock is still not up to date with current events.

India are not going to play Bangladesh in 20 odd days. The member who is responsible for this, please fix it.

Thanks.

aklemalp
August 4, 2016, 08:25 PM
I once again thank fellow member for updating said countdown clock.

Gratitude.

Jadukor
August 4, 2016, 10:06 PM
Lol... z bhai dekhi aisha vote dia gesey

mufi_02
August 5, 2016, 10:13 AM
I think we should make aklemalp a BC staff. He is very active and has a great eye for admin mishaps and what not.

I nominate Parmanand Singh.

Rifat
August 5, 2016, 11:00 AM
^^^I second that vote :)

aklemalp
August 5, 2016, 11:08 AM
^^ kind proposition and gesture guys.:)

mufi_02
August 5, 2016, 12:27 PM
aklemalp for BC staff.

Aklemalp for BC mod.

Aklemalp for BC president.

#aklemalp2016
#makeBCgreatAgain

Fazal
August 8, 2016, 02:03 PM
Where is the option: "choukeer Tolayee".

aklemalp
August 8, 2016, 02:30 PM
Where is the option: "choukeer Tolayee".

Translation would suffice.

Fazal
August 8, 2016, 02:36 PM
Translation would suffice.

"choukeer Tolayee" --> Under the bed.

aklemalp
August 8, 2016, 02:39 PM

Ohh lol...I had a thought that it meant going back into the past...hehe:)

Rifat
August 9, 2016, 07:58 AM

he probably meant that this forum would be archived soon or forgotten...

aklemalp
August 9, 2016, 01:46 PM
he probably meant that this forum would be archived soon or forgotten...

That would be the ultimate "ban" of a forum that is renowned for such.

Shingara
August 10, 2016, 05:48 AM
The mishandling of members have led to the current state of the forum.
Few years ago, there was a Syndicate-like mentality on the forum. If you said anything to anyone from that group and that person didn't like your comment ( no swear words or name-calling was involved ), you got banned. From memory,
-someone called a girl who took a selfie with Nasir as "kunkhaner azaira maiya"
-someone copy-pasted excerpt from a news article about a dead model in BD who was doing adultery and the model was a dushshomporker attiyo

Lot of members were banned, they created new accounts and were banned again. People then just gave up and left. And, now no one's here. There was also a presence of online friendly bonds and those bonds were broken when people were banned.
And, then then were cases of missing posts - posts that get deleted by MODs without any explanation.

The MODs from then are the reason for the current demise and are single-handedly responsible

aklemalp
August 10, 2016, 10:39 AM
The mishandling of members have led to the current state of the forum.
Few years ago, there was a Syndicate-like mentality on the forum. If you said anything to anyone from that group and that person didn't like your comment ( no swear words or name-calling was involved ), you got banned. From memory,
-someone called a girl who took a selfie with Nasir as "kunkhaner azaira maiya"
-someone copy-pasted excerpt from a news article about a dead model in BD who was doing adultery and the model was a dushshomporker attiyo

Lot of members were banned, they created new accounts and were banned again. People then just gave up and left. And, now no one's here. There was also a presence of online friendly bonds and those bonds were broken when people were banned.
And, then then were cases of missing posts - posts that get deleted by MODs without any explanation.

The MODs from then are the reason for the current demise and are single-handedly responsible

Mods are hardly even on this forum...Some have taken sabbaticals or permanent withdrawal.

There are Nightwolf, Jadukor, KP, horizon,..., who are here regularly...Otherwise some are in invisible mode.

Fazal
August 10, 2016, 04:05 PM
Why Mustz was banned?

Now he is approaching all of us with his private message.

I have nothing to do with his ban.... nor am I aware of why he was banned.

Shingara
August 11, 2016, 03:02 AM
Mods are hardly even on this forum...Some have taken sabbaticals or permanent withdrawal.

There are Nightwolf, Jadukor, KP, horizon,..., who are here regularly...Otherwise some are in invisible mode.

Damage has already been done. Ekhon ar luv ki.

Zeeshan
August 13, 2016, 01:38 PM
You can tell by the response in poll how people feel about life in general.

Zeeshan
August 13, 2016, 01:39 PM
Lol... z bhai dekhi aisha vote dia gesey

He is Navy SEAL. He is a cleaner. He works in silence, moves behind shadows. He eats Delta Force for breakfast.

iDumb
August 13, 2016, 02:05 PM
You can tell by the response in poll how people feel about life in general.

Haha ... maybe...zeeshan the psychologist ...

If u feel the forum is going so great why are u absent from it ?

Zeeshan
August 13, 2016, 02:10 PM
Haha ... maybe...zeeshan the psychologist ...

If u feel the forum is going so great why are u absent from it ?

heading != was headed

aklemalp
August 13, 2016, 02:18 PM
heading != was headed

Oh yeah,

Heading in a certain direction...

"Eastward headed train/trolley"