PDA

View Full Version : Please do not troll, friends.

Zeeshan
September 19, 2016, 02:54 PM
An urgent plea to fellow BC members and friends. Please do not troll or feed the trolls. We regular members pour our heart and soul, please do not spoil the forum with meaningless threads, and posts. Besides it is clearly against forum rules.

Thank you. I hope I speak for all members.

aklemalp
September 19, 2016, 03:24 PM
Hear, hear.

Good PSA Zeeshan :)

But, friendly banter is encouraged. Without that, this forum would be less interesting.

mufi_02
September 19, 2016, 03:41 PM
An urgent plea to fellow BC members and friends. Please do not troll or feed the trolls. We regular members pour our heart and soul, please do not spoil the forum with meaningless threads, and posts. Besides it is clearly against forum rules.

Thank you. I hope I speak for all members.

no you don't speak for all members. to each to their own.

#ajeira

aklemalp
September 19, 2016, 03:58 PM
From an official website:
1. Establish a Policy
When dealing with trolls the first step is to establish a policy for user comments. These policies should clearly detail what kind of comments are allowed and be outlined on your website and social media accounts.

2. Ignore Them
Trolls want attention. They want to get you angry, frustrated or uncomfortable. No matter how difficult it might be, simply ignoring a troll could your best tactic because when they don’t get a response, they’ll most likely go away.

3. Make Let Light of the Situation
Rachel Wisuri states on Social Media Examiner humor is one of the best ways to handle trolls. Wisuri uses Sainsbury’s, a grocery chain in the United Kingdom as an example of using humor to battle trolls after an unsatisfied customer reported that they had purchased chicken that tasted “like it was beaten to death by Hulk Hogan.” The brand replied by using a metaphor, as well as an apology. This was effective because the brand engaged the unhappy customer in a lighthearted manner.

As Rachel states, “When you make light of a troll’s tweet, you simultaneously acknowledge and defuse the situation.”

4. Unmask Them
Tim Dowling explains this nicely in an article for The Guardian, “Trolls thrive on anonymity.” By taking away that power, you may make that troll think twice about leaving nasty comments on your website, blog, or social media account. Dowling, however, doesn’t say you have to uncover and reveal their name and address,. You may be able to “turn your rage into pity”. For example, someone who constantly criticizes your writing could have a laughable blog.

8. Listen
Gini Dietrich shares this basic, yet helpful reminder, on Spin Sucks: Listen to what is being said about your brand. Gini states, “If the online troll is really just a customer complaining, know the difference and listen. Sometimes people just want to be heard. Hear them, try to help, and they’ll almost always thank you publicly.”

9. Fight Back With Facts
If you become the target of rumors or misinformation being spread by trolls, you may want to fight back…with facts. Rachel Wisuri used Apple as an example when the iPhone 6 was released. There were many rumors that the new phone could easily bend if it was in your pocket. “Apple chose to address the issue head-on. They admitted there was an issue and that the issue affected very few customers. In doing so, they were able to stop any further controversy.”

The full article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnrampton/2015/04/09/10-tips-to-dealing-with-trolls/#617450e27e58

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2016, 04:18 PM

#ajeira
On this topic, Zee can speak on my behalf. Now and in the future.

For other cricket related topic, you can speak on my behalf. :)

brockley
September 19, 2016, 04:21 PM
Trolls are not necessary but a part of forum life.

kalpurush
September 19, 2016, 04:32 PM
On this topic, Zee can speak on my behalf. Now and in the future.

For other cricket related topic, you can speak on my behalf. :)

:up: Signed.

# zee for me!

aklemalp
September 19, 2016, 04:54 PM
If every troll was like Shrek, I'll be down with that.

Zeeshan
September 19, 2016, 05:06 PM

#ajeira

Here "each" is singular. The possessive pronoun in the sentence must also be singular and agree. So pretty sure it should read: "To each his own." Alert reader will notice that the word "to" is redundant.

And the hashtag you want to trend is: #ajaira

aklemalp
September 28, 2016, 04:01 PM
This troll thing is getting old now like 90s music.