PDA

View Full Version : Down Memory Lane

aklemalp
October 26, 2016, 04:58 PM
Who remembers this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FG1AQcGGSec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nostalgia. A time when it took 24+ hours to download a 3 minute song.

Pre-puberty days.( Current age of Austin and Mas_UK)
When Zeeshan was continent hopping.
Before there was anything called T20....Back then we had a more interesting kind called Double Wicket cricket (http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2002-03/OTHERS/IDWCC/rules.html)
When there was a period of relative calm...no cellphones, no selfies.
When being around the bonfire meant something, stories of folklore and myths.
When parents were stricter.

Down memory lane....

aklemalp
October 26, 2016, 11:25 PM
Down memory lane to a time when signing up to be a member on this site actually meant something to the person...

Faint memories of a 'Super moderator' :)

aklemalp
October 27, 2016, 10:15 AM
Down memory lane, and I'm trying to find my 1st post ever on this forum.

So far, fruitless.

aklemalp
October 27, 2016, 02:18 PM
Why did chinaman retire?

Was it too much pressure? Or the advent of trolling getting mainstream?

aklemalp
October 28, 2016, 01:13 AM
When you see Tamim's dance down the wicket in the current test and it takes you back to CWC 07 v India.

aklemalp
October 28, 2016, 06:18 AM
That BD collapse took us down memory lane.

aklemalp
November 10, 2016, 10:39 AM
At first glance, I thought that 'sudoku' thread was brand new.

Then I ask myself, 'who even play sudoku anymore?'

Then I opened the thread and noticed the post before Tigers_eye bhai was from the year 2007. Pre-aklemalp days...

Man, what was I doing in 2007....so many memories...

Feeling warmer because of the nostalgia.

Thanks T_E bhai :)

aklemalp
February 7, 2017, 06:19 PM
A discussion in the match thread prompted me to return to this thread because of the nostalgia that overwhelmed me...

Listening to cricket broadcast on the radio..AM band...

Following the cricket when it was played overseas, especially in the sub-continent, My team, West Indies making the trek over...BC Lara, Shiv Chanderpaul, Carl Hooper, Walsh, Ambrose,...etc

I didn't even knew where India was on the map, but cricket on the radio brought names like Tendulkar, Ganguly, Pushpakumara, Jayasuriya, Ajay Jadeja, Sidhu, Moin Khan (my neighbor named his son Moin, their last name was Khan), Wasim Akram, Saqlain Mushtaq, etc. into my vocabulary...

The sound of the broadcast brought out that distinct static sound that I've come to associate with cricket...Tony Cozier's voice...Fazeer Mohammed used to do radio commentary during those days as well.

I would eventually fall asleep some time in the wee hours of the morning, and first thing I did when I woke up in the morning after sunrise, was to ask, 'what's the score?'.

Then I would get ready for school, with cricket on my mind....discussions with friends would be a blast..they're as keen as a follower of the game as I was...

Man, our young selves, not even 10 years old and can already talk about cricket strategies...:lol:...and can also pronounce, 'Muttiah Muralitharan' better than Brer Rabbit.

Context: mid-90s to early 2000s