PDA

View Full Version : ...

Nascer
May 12, 2004, 02:04 PM
[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]

oracle
May 12, 2004, 02:07 PM
Could use a BD flag though! (I don't have any

Yeah let me know where to find big BD flags. I have one 7 inch by 7 inch portable flag. :)

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by oracle]

Arnab
May 12, 2004, 02:10 PM
IS it at Beausejour or Mindoo Phillip Park?

paco
May 12, 2004, 02:14 PM
How did you guys end up over there ? Do you live near florida ?

Nascer
May 12, 2004, 02:40 PM

reverse_swing
May 12, 2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Nascer
Arnab:

Beausejour is the newest Test ground in the WI.

Paco:

I live in north USA near canadian border.

check this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=5424)

paco
May 12, 2004, 02:53 PM
Nascer, You're probably very close to me then. I personally found the tickets to St. Lucia a little on the steep side.

Nascer
May 12, 2004, 02:58 PM

Nascer
May 12, 2004, 03:35 PM

billah
May 12, 2004, 04:17 PM
& how do you pronounce "Beausejour"?

Zunaid
May 12, 2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by billah
& how do you pronounce "Beausejour"?

"beause" - almost like bose from the bose-einstein statistics - but where the verb is pronounced like the first e in "merde"

"jour" - zhoogh (the r is between an r and rg and gh) :)

chinaman
May 12, 2004, 04:49 PM
Like they say "hujug" as in "hujuge chola" or like the mulla says "bujurg" as in "ek bujurg bolechen ..."

Better yet howabout just the plain old "baashjaar"? :lol:

Zunaid
May 12, 2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
Like they say "hujug" as in "hujuge chola" or like the mulla says "bujurg" as in "ek bujurg bolechen ..."

Better yet howabout just the plain old "baashjaar"? :lol:

baashjharu mia tomar upor porbe - atlami chhaira dao :)

now who is going to translate this for our windian friends :)

Arnab
May 12, 2004, 04:54 PM
French words.

Beau = Beautiful

Sejour = Rest, sojourn, temporary stay.

rafiq
May 12, 2004, 05:16 PM
Nascer miah, don't miss the game because it's going to be at the other stadium! check your tickets! Man you guys are lucky! are there any last minute deals to be had for st. lucia or jamaica?

Nascer
May 13, 2004, 08:07 AM

Nascer
May 13, 2004, 08:17 AM
rafiq:

Thanks for your concern!
To be honest with you I wouldn't mind missing the game if it comes to that.
I may spend more time on the sandy beaches of St. Lucia, take boats to other islands and not to mention all kinds of cuisine that I am dying to try.
The game will be at Beausejour cricket ground and I wonder where you got the idea of it is not! The tickets for the game seems very cheap (US $15 being the highest for any day and US $2 being lowest for any day).
In short, yes I know where am I going and for what!
For last minute deals... yes you can get a good deal when you purchase air ticket+hotel. Jamaica would be lot cheaper than St. Lucia (and a shorter flight too). But Kingston is not a beautiful place to be, but St. Lucia is.
So you take your pick.
Both orbitz.com and expedia.com can help you on this.
Goodluck! :)

rafiq
May 13, 2004, 10:45 AM
There was a rumour about the stadium, it was wrong so sorry about the false alarm. Just didn't want you stumbiling around st. lucia with all that antacid, curry goat and St. Vincent Gold Rum in your system!

St. Lucia looks like the real deal from the pictures. Kingston is very different and much more fun if you know locals I guess. My travel quota will be taken up by a trip to mexico in the blazing heat next month, and a friend gets married during the Jamaica test so I guess I am stuck. Definitely 2007!

Send us pictures from the game!

Nascer
May 13, 2004, 10:50 AM

Rubu
May 13, 2004, 01:58 PM
do u guys have vedio camara? i mean those who are going there? if u don't, buy one quick, please. i read somewhere that some one can convert it to dvd and make available for us. forgot which thread. do we have any chance watching it?

Nasif
May 13, 2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
do u guys have vedio camara? i mean those who are going there? if u don't, buy one quick, please. i read somewhere that some one can convert it to dvd and make available for us. forgot which thread. do we have any chance watching it?

I don't think they will allow video camera (unless you are match official, coach) in the field. TV broadcasters are quite strict about it.