PDA

View Full Version : Changing and Improving Bangladesh Film Industry

Mas_UK25
November 17, 2016, 04:07 PM
Recently, some years, work has gone into changing the state of the film industry in the country. Initiative, taken by some of the big Production houses like Jazz Multimedia and others, leading actors/stars of the country, likes of Shakib Khan, Arefin Shuvo, and others. It's still in the early stages of change, but it is visible to see some
of the improvement in the film industry. There is still long way to go, but they're on the strive, to change for the betterment that's for sure.

It's heartwarming, wonderful, to see the change taking place for improving the quality of cinema, the new better side to watching Bangla film/song in with better quality print, choreography, cinematography, music, effects. etc etc

As I said, still long way to go; but they've got a start, although some will argue that it took far long to get started on the improvements. Better late than never, as they say.

Here is an example of the result of the recent years work into change, taken place. By looking at this; which is a pure Bangladeshi Bangla film. You wouldn't have seen this kind of quality style, type, nicely shot in different angles with a decent choreography, music. Say, a 2-3 years ago.

ENJOY!
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zCx2PMcE3eM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even though, the singer, choreographys etc are hired, but it shows the quality of the need is understood by the film makers and industry. The product, has to have quality, which wasn't in the minds of the film makers, producers before hence the industry suffered a lot especially 2000s and early part this decade too. This song, shows, they are willing to spend on quality even if it means hiring from outside.

Also, there are a lot of collaboration between Dhallywood and Tollywood taken and taking place last few years, making Bangla cinema get bigger in general connecting the two audience. Certainly there is huge market by connecting the two, collaborating together. Not only the market is in only BD and WB but also good potentials in UK, Europe, US, Aus, where Bengali communities are large in numbers. If the both industry can come to on global Bangla film platform, produce good films together of some sorts; the opportunity to showcase Bangla films in US, UK, not far away.

What is your take on the recent developments in Bangladeshi film industry and the change happening?
What is your recent times BD song, film. Likes?

Comment below, add anything from Bangla films: trailers/songs/movies you like!

PS:
Still a long way to go for BD film industry. It by no means development proper, and reached a certain decent level of quality. But, there is a start nevertheless, change is evident those who followed/youtubed, from time.

Credit where is due; should be given to those who made and making the effort to change. Huge shout outs to:
• JazzMultiMedia for the initiative they took for to change BD cinema and improve the quality and all other productions houses who are in the same line to improve,
• Directors and their staffs.
• Last but not least, the lead role actors and actress now looking physically in decent fit shape, appearance/style good too.

Mas_UK25
November 17, 2016, 04:22 PM
This has to be the best Dhallywood Bangladeshi Film trailer ever! Never seen anything, this quality trailer from BD films before. PROVES the point, the quality of BD films is on the up, bettered recently years, in terms of cinematography, editing, shooting angles, sounds, locations, all in general.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L8kQd2f5XuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a song of the film. Like this a lot, really chilled, relaxed, sweet feel to it.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XMTGnSi1xE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mufi_02
November 17, 2016, 04:45 PM
Its in terrible situation and going in the wrong direction.

Just copying Bollywood. Still just singing and dancing. Yes from the looks of it the print quality looks better but its only because they probably have spent some money on camera. So just relying on camera and absolutely zero investment in plot, acting, depth.

The last bangla movie I watched was "Srabon Megher Din". At least it was authentic and didn't take the obvious Bollywood route.

Bangla movie should go back to its roots. If you want go watch "Apur Shongshar", its free in YouTube. I was blown away by the story and overall quality of acting. But now all they want is copy Hindi movies and dancing in the rain wearing see through saaris.

Shokhonil Karagar, Aguner Poroshmoni, Apu's Trilogy should set the standard. Not Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

aklemalp
November 17, 2016, 05:08 PM
Is Ananta Jalil still in films, making films?

Rifat
November 17, 2016, 06:39 PM
Bangladeshi film should go in the Animation direction(everyone loves animation even adults). Telefilms were a good idea. Make movies based on real life situations....most people are tired of romance crap(one dimensional type movie can be found anywhere everywhere). Make movies based on historical events. or some literature most people about.

Just throwing some ideas.

Zeeshan
November 17, 2016, 10:07 PM
^^^scarface, pulp fiction, american psycho ki dosh korlo....with pura pure rastar gali...

Dilscoop
November 17, 2016, 11:45 PM
(reserved)
LMAO, for what?!

aklemalp
November 17, 2016, 11:51 PM
LMAO, for what?!

Probably Steven Spielberg, or Leo dicaprio

aklemalp
November 18, 2016, 02:41 PM
You know what's a good idea for filmmakers?

This current season of the BPL

1)The Afghans
2)Mashrafe's bold dialogue
3) Tamim's rudeness at Post match interview
4) Naeem islam's captaincy
5) Mehedi Maruf
6) Ambren
7)Ajfar's pole position
8) Riyad's last over thrillers
9) Petitions
10)no Gayle, Carlos
11)...roey *cough cough* loves mushy

iDumb
November 19, 2016, 11:11 AM
Is Ananta Jalil still in films, making films?

the fact that you know Ananta Jalil proves you spend WAAYYY TOO MUCH TIME here. Ananta jalil can claim he got international fame just becuase of you.

aklemalp
November 19, 2016, 11:43 AM
the fact that you know Ananta Jalil proves you spend WAAYYY TOO MUCH TIME here. Ananta jalil can claim he got international fame just becuase of you.

It's not like that...few of my classmates from Bangladesh introduced me to this 'star'...he's been the subject of ridicule ever since.

Mas_UK25
January 30, 2017, 04:58 PM
King Khan Shakib Khan. One of his best BD film song and video.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X_yxXEaE0DI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quality has improved big times from the 00s, those who are pessimistic should know there is major changes. BD films have big potentials with the 170 million plus the Bangla audience abroad.

THIS song, touching, an old song remade. Goes to show, old songs can be turned into modern ways/twist, remade for more joy out it. I really hope they remake the Bangladeshi legend Salman Shah's film songs. I'd love to listen to it.
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RgNHXMfaqjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know what it is, Bangla songs, lyrics, music touch me deep. Even though I don't understand most of it.

Shingara
February 22, 2017, 09:17 AM
Nijey 1% Bangali, abar thread khusley desher film industry improve korbo kemney. Hayrey kopal

Yankees
February 23, 2017, 02:41 AM
THIS song, touching, an old song remade. Goes to show, old songs can be turned into modern ways/twist, remade for more joy out it. I really hope they remake the Bangladeshi legend Salman Shah's film songs. I'd love to listen to it.
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RgNHXMfaqjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know what it is, Bangla songs, lyrics, music touch me deep. Even though I don't understand most of it.

1) That second song is awesome. My dad will always hum it at home. Can anyone tell me the original song name? Also good to see Anamul Hoque Bijoy is giving acting a try, since BCB won't give him a chance in the XI :floor: