PDA

View Full Version : To All WI Fellas

Rubu
May 12, 2004, 11:32 PM
Lets start with a story:
Once there used to be two animal in a forest. One fox and another a crane (a bird with a very long lips). So, they decide to make friendship. first the fox invited the crane to his house and served soup on a very large flat plate. Since the fox can lick, he ate all the soup, but the crane has real hard time eating anything due to his long lips. It was hard but he managed to eat at least some of them. So, it was the crane's turn to invite the fox. This time the crane served the soup in a very long but narrow container. something like a test tube. using his long lips the easily ate it all but the fox could have nothing because it was impossible to lick it out of the test tube..

moral: please stop using words like rass and allyuh. we can have some idea about whats going on (like the crane) but if we start posting in bengali, u'll have no idea (like the fox). hee hee.

:lol:
;)

RazabQ
May 12, 2004, 11:39 PM
at Da House in case anyone was wondering...

Piranha
May 13, 2004, 12:13 AM
I dont mind the new flavour in our Banglacricket lingo.

However, if anyone would be kind enough to translate caribbean words into plain English, that would be much appreciated. Im sure some of our members would reciprocate with Bengali-to-English tranlations of key words.

Piranha
May 13, 2004, 12:35 AM
While we are talking lingo:

The 'official' contraction for Bangladesh is 'Bd', or 'BD'. Most of us dont like 'Bang' or 'Bangla'.

And ofcourse, the official nickname is 'Tigers'.

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 13, 2004, 04:31 AM
jaihok,
bhinnobhashabidderke kintu amar torof theke janachhi onek onek shubechha. ai forum a kintu apnara most welcome. tobe eta kintu akti niyontrito cite. jokes kintu amrao kore thake. ebong oboshhoi apnarao kore thaken. tobe asha kore shai jokes jeno amon porjay na jai jeno sheta matra chariye jai. dannabad.

WI2debone
May 13, 2004, 04:34 AM
In reply to FaltuRidwanBhai:

I heard the same thing the other day but I didn't believe it. How can they put the odds against their own team???? That's really crazy ..... I agree with you totally!!!! :lol:

paco
May 13, 2004, 12:31 PM
bhinnobhashabidderke kintu amar torof theke janachhi onek onek shubechha. ai forum a kintu apnara most welcome. tobe eta kintu akti niyontrito cite. jokes kintu amrao kore thake. ebong oboshhoi apnarao kore thaken. tobe asha kore shai jokes jeno amon porjay na jai jeno sheta matra chariye jai. dannabad.

Roughly translates into:

I welcome you to this forum. However, this forum is closely moderated. We goof around, and so can you. Let's hope that we don't cross the line though. Thanks