PDA

View Full Version : People on bans/

brockley
December 15, 2016, 11:48 PM
Just got an email,maybe time for leniency.
And make bans for shorter times.
We all stuff up I was banned from a political forum,its now closed.Their should be aa way back.

iDumb
December 16, 2016, 10:29 AM
your thread makes no sense. Your native language is English right? Why is your english so poor? If you are gonna open a thread, at least write something coherent and with elaboration. There are no character limits here like twitter.

kalpurush
December 16, 2016, 04:49 PM
^^^ My guess is he was using his phone on the go!:)

5tonne
December 16, 2016, 08:13 PM
^We all do at times but his posts are always hard to read.

brockley
December 16, 2016, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry:).
Sometimes I post in short hand form.
Will try and improve next time.
I admit my grammar not the best,University did not solve this.
My main point,is give some of the people banned a go,they might suprise you.:)

Tausif
December 20, 2016, 12:05 AM
I got a PM too from the same person. I ignored it because I think the mods already gave that person a chance but he didn't improve.

But in other cases, maybe we could be a little lenient depending on the reason why they were banned. Idk how it's gonna work however because most of the bans seem to have a legitimate reason behind them(or at least the reasons I have seen on the other thread) so I am not sure if mods have much to work with anyway.

Rifat
December 20, 2016, 10:19 AM
I like the idea of temporary bans. Many members are banned for 3-6 months but I think if the same member is banned in the course of this lifetime more than 2 times then that person should be banned indefinitely.

I do think some people who have been banned forever before should have gotten a non-lifetime ban, but this is my opinion only and I do not necessarily know everything that happens behind the scenes as innappropriate posts/thread gets deleted quickly which is a good thing.

Free speech isn't free, it comes with consequences.

Mas_UK25
December 20, 2016, 10:40 AM
Got an email from MohammadShamim too. Hope mods can give some them another last chance. Obviously you'd want to ban the meaningful trolls and spammers but those who are genuine and made errors but weren't completely trolls, could be given chance back.

It's internet after all.
Not everyone will be perfectly good. Mods should monitor as usual,
But the bans for life and such long periods is unnecessary. 1-2month is enough...IMO

5tonne
December 21, 2016, 12:19 AM
Yes, I am against capital punishment as well.

Habib
December 21, 2016, 07:35 AM
Yeah got the same message from Shamim too.

One World
December 21, 2016, 09:15 AM
Mohammed Shamim is a good kid, sylhtei phua, khele kismet er jua.

aklemalp
December 21, 2016, 10:15 AM
maharajKohli,

that was a good...actually started as a smart poster...was he also a former banned member?

RazabQ
December 21, 2016, 11:30 AM
Gang - one thing we mods try to do is not give serial bigots a platform. Whether it's pro or anti religion, pro or anti LGBT, pro or anti-BAL/BNP, etc. if we have given you a number of chances and you always end up posting hateful stuff, then we are left with no option but a lifetime ban. And also because we mods delete those hateful posts, often times you are not aware the offense.

We try to be kinda like the iPhone - walled garden and all :)

Dilscoop
December 22, 2016, 04:31 AM
ŁÃWÖ - Bye Felicia!

- As myself.

×× above post was deleted. It was freaking hilarious! Only if you had the chance to read it. :lol: ××

Jadukor
December 22, 2016, 04:45 AM
plethora of accounts, to be apart of the BC family....But to no avail, I`ve changed my IP,MAC address everything you name it, but am still getting banned, so can I please get another chance

Hi, I am sure you will come back in BC just like an Ashraful thread.

Have you wondered why even after changing your IP you are getting banned so quickly? It is because you have as much impulse control in resisting clicking that create a thread button as a baby who sees an ipad on the couch.

That is why without being able to check IP, even the regular members can figure you out by just looking at your post count and the number of useless threads created.

It doesn't matter if you register under dkg, tikkamasala, roshogolla, iloveramizraza, haiderkenoawesome etc etc.. the result will be the same if you continue to abuse the forum.

roman
December 22, 2016, 09:49 AM
Aha, Bechara is trying so hard to be a part of this great Forum, why u ruining his dream? You guys are heartless, Pashaan shob.

NoName
December 22, 2016, 04:12 PM
Heck, even his writing style is a dead give away. Its gotten to a point that his alt oozes his presence off my screen.

Dilscoop
December 22, 2016, 09:17 PM
Or the fact that his profile pics are all the same

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/image.php?u=17283&dateline=1482434051&type=profile

bujhee kom
December 25, 2016, 04:12 PM
My humble request to the moderators and admins of BC is to kindly enforce stricter rules and enforce total permanent bans and I.P. address bans on any garbage that floats here.