PDA

View Full Version : Looking Ahead : The Caribbean Adventure for the Bangla Tigers

cool_rockus
May 13, 2004, 07:21 AM
For Extensive Coverage of International and Domestic Cricket, visit []

If you think you have a cricket writer in you, then email me your best write ups @ bvswagath@yahoo.com

The Caribbean adventure
A Preview on Bangladesh's Tour of West Indies by Stephen Brown

It may be a low profile series but nonetheless it does still have some interest, West Indian cricket is at a low ebb at the moment and face the lowly rated Bangladeshi side .But the Bangladeshi side has shown much encouragement over the last 10 months having had enterprising tours to Australia, Pakistan and Zimbabwe. The West Indies is coming off a series loss to England and will be looking to bounce back strongly.

Bangladesh :

Bangladesh will look something like this; the reliable Hannan Sarkar will probably open with makeshift opener Alok Kapali, captain Habibul Bashar at number 3, young lions Saleh and Ashraful at 4 and 5 respectively, all-rounder Rahman at 6 and Mahsud at 7. Bangladesh are likely to play 2 spinners Mohammad Rafiue a world class spinner in his own right and either Hossain and Razzak, whilst Aziz, Baisya and Islam will compete for the 2 pace bowling positions. Also on tour are Khaled Mashud and Shahriar Hussain who will act as back up.

West Indies :

The West Indian line up will be more of a mystery, 2 players return from injury Wavell Hinds and Jermaine Lawson who has had remediation for his bowling action. The likely candidates for the batting positions include Ganga, Devon Smith, Gayle, Chanderpaul, Lara, Joseph, Sarwan, Powell, Hinds and Dwayne Smith., most of these were used during the test series between the West Indies and England. The bowling line up which is not likely to have a spinner unless they pick either Dave Mohammad or Omari Banks, is likely to be represented by 4 pace bowlers. Like the batting line-up the bowling line-up is never settled, pace bowlers who could be included are Tino Best, Fidel Edwards, Jermaine Lawson, Ravi Rampaul , Mervyn Dillon, Pedro Collins , Corey Collymore, Adam Sanford and the list goes on.

The West Indies used over 20 players in the test series against England, and could not settle on a competitive side ,this fact could make them vulnerable to the enthusiastic Bangladeshis. I predict the West Indies will win the test series and the one-dayers, but nonetheless I expect a few heart murmurs along the way.

Bangladesh could well win their first test but considering they have never been to the West Indies I wouldn’t bank on it.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by pompous : advertising not allowed]

rafiq
May 13, 2004, 11:00 AM
your bangladesh lineup is not correct - that's old info. as for the WI lineup, tell us something we don't know - like which of the 20 will play?:(

Rubu
May 13, 2004, 01:53 PM
i thought advertising is not allowed here. or i understood it wrong?

nasifkhan
May 13, 2004, 02:16 PM
Total Bogus Analysis.....