PDA

View Full Version : College/University Experience Thread

SportingBD
January 4, 2017, 08:35 AM
How did your university/college life go? How were the teachers? Good level of teaching? Did you get into any major teams? Playing for your university/college cricket/football team? How is the social life? Hanging around, missing classes? Wasting money? Please do share your uni/college experience and life..

aklemalp
January 4, 2017, 08:39 AM
College is my second home when the semester is on...I spend most of my time there...with friends who all have crazy senses-of-humor.

Missing class is a big no-no
Bring your own food from home(I live approx. 15 minutes away from campus)
Had my fair share of good and bad professors.

typical college atmosphere

SportingBD
January 4, 2017, 08:56 AM
First year of uni life was my best year - was crazy pool/billiards player. It was a nervous time, most of us didn't know each other. In the second day of uni life, most of us went to student centre, joking, laughing and playing pool. It wasn't comfortable at first, but my introduction was unique. There were 12/13 of us.. and we were playing knockout..in pool.. it was me and some other guy first...nervous, the fact that others were laughing their head off when someone plays a rubbish shot. First game was edgy like Imrul Kayes... but got through the next round..second was much better. Knocked 2 out already. In my third game.. I was super confident, poor guy only potted one red.. and didn't have the chance again..now the crows (classmates) were roaring like tigers hehe..it gave me a good vibe.. I felt like everyone knows me now.. they were like his smashing it! This bro is too good etc.. my greatest achievement was I beat all 12/13 of them! Yes couple of times it went to black ball shootout, luck was on my side! Enjoyed that day! Felt like a real Tiger!

SportingBD
January 4, 2017, 12:11 PM
How is the student life in Bangladesh? Anyone here go to college/uni in BD?

SportingBD
January 4, 2017, 03:19 PM
College is my second home when the semester is on...I spend most of my time there...with friends who all have crazy senses-of-humor.

Missing class is a big no-no
Bring your own food from home(I live approx. 15 minutes away from campus)
Had my fair share of good and bad professors.

typical college atmosphere

How is the year structured in America?

I heard from one of my cousins, you guys get 4+ months holiday?:o

adamnsu
January 5, 2017, 07:46 AM
I was in BD uni between 1999-2002 at NSU.

Tbh all pvt uni campuses were crap then, but I had an OK student life because I had good mates, great teachers (from good forgein unis) and traffic jams were not that bad. We also had a decent caffeteria that AIUB/IUB students would come to enjoy the food on many occasions.

However the overall student life is appauling compared to Western standards.

- Certain rooms were very small and the chairs were horrible
- Limited study and recreational facilities
- Most of the clubs were nonsense and had no meaning
- Certain part time teachers from DU would intentionally give low marks as they used to think we were rich parents son who dont deserve to be in uni ( well they were alot of those around but not majority)
- Toilet facilities were disgusting.
- It was in the midst of a busy commerical and residential area
- Our cricket club was self funded and there were NO special recognition from the uni when we won
- Only special events we had were indoor concerts in small caffetria song by students and when Bangladesh beat Pakistan in the World Cup

One World
January 5, 2017, 11:04 AM
^ I was a TA of Computer Science in 1999 at NSU. I remember that cafeteria, good foods really. I agree with most of the allegations above. :)