PDA

View Full Version : Love you all - chinaman

chinaman
May 13, 2004, 10:10 PM
Few minutes ago, I submitted my resignation from the moderatorship of the forum. I understand, I was rigid at times only to cause discomfort among members. Hopefully you'll enjoy this great forum a bit more. All of you have been very co-operative to me and I really enjoyed it. It's time to make ways for new blood. I'll ofcourse remain as a member here. Thank you very much. I love you all.

abhs
May 13, 2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
I understand, I was rigid at times only to cause discomfort among members.

Not clear.

If such rigidity cannot be shown, one may not expect to be a good moderator.

If you will not continue for personal reason, I have nothing to say.

Otherwise, it is unfortunate for the forum. I can not even imagine that someone can give such efforts and time as a moderator for a forum!

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by abhs]

Nasif
May 13, 2004, 10:20 PM
What the! This is out of the blue. No matter what others say, you do an excellent job as a moderator. What went wrong? :(

rassel
May 13, 2004, 10:29 PM
I am shock and disappointed! You brought excitement among us with immense news update. I don’t know who is going to replace you as a moderator. :(

Mahmood
May 13, 2004, 10:33 PM
I have no idea what happened, but I assure you, me or Tehsin and other moderators have no interest to accept his resignation.

Chinaman, Nasif and Zunaid bhai contributes the most in this site. There is no way BanglaCricket will go on without their significant outstanding contribution.

Zunaid
May 13, 2004, 10:47 PM
Chinaman, please do not. This will be a disaster for the forum and I mean this very seriously. And not just the forum but the sentire site - I am a relative newbie here but I can see one of major the reasons that BanglaCricket is where it is today is solely due to his unstinted dedication.

Chinaman and I often do not see eye to eye as to the degree of control that needs to be exercised to make this forum function - BUT, without some degree of moderation - this forum will go to the dogs. The keyword is moderation.

Look at what has happened to the usenet groups - they are nothing more than cesspools where people who should not be allowed to corrupt our gene pools wallow.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Zunaid : Speaking not as a moderator]

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by Nascer : Inappropriate remark]

Tehsin
May 13, 2004, 10:57 PM
Chinaman's sudden resignation came as a shock to all of us. While I do respect his decision, I am not particularly fond of it. I agree with Rajputro, we do not have any interest in accepting this resignation.

Rubu
May 13, 2004, 11:28 PM
everytime i come to this site (may be 20 time a day) i always check who is here. and there is only one name that is common, its chinaman. as said before unless there is any personal reason.... wait a second, what personal reason there could be? personal life may reduce the amount of time someone spend here, but what has to do with being mod here and personal life? i also can't believe there is any "rafique-suman" like incident. so, why?

please, please, please. don't do this to us.

fab
May 13, 2004, 11:44 PM
You guys are bleeping morons - and you know who you are. *cough*

Please consider my comments as 'constructive criticism' and most certainly not an advocacy for the removal of moderators!

Nascer
May 13, 2004, 11:52 PM
[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]

Hasib
May 14, 2004, 12:03 AM
Every busy forum needs a mod who visits regularly... by quiting ur position is like living a huge city unpoliced.

RazabQ
May 14, 2004, 12:51 AM
As a volunteer myself (on other efforts) I know how thankless things can be. No one appreciates the hard work that goes on to make things run smoothly, taking it for granted. Then everyone is ready to scream bloody murder at the first sign of anything slightly off.

Please do not allow any recent developments - I have an inkling but cannot be certain - put you off. The vast majority of the posters here DO appreciate what you do - we're just stingy with our "attaboys". Please reconsider your resignation, and be the voice of moderation without which the board could very likely wither away into a morass of wasted bytes and thoughts.

billah
May 14, 2004, 02:29 AM
Dear Chinaman: It's past midnight, the 14th of May. I just logged on & found out we've already been hit by the unlucky bug of the 13th. Trust me when I say this, we will be disoriented without your moderation. Frankly speaking, I was just thinking today about the different facets of this moderation business. Here's what I thought:

* Your people skills are excellent.
* Your judgement is keen.
* You are nice yet firm
* You have a good ability to pick out the troubled ones.
* Best of all, & this is a gife no doubt, you represent a quintessential Bangladeshi mindframe in all it's good qualities.

With the most important series of Bangladesh cricket at our doorstep, we will be in great need for your invaluable "omnipresense" here. On behalf of anyone that may have offended you, I extend you the most sincere apology & ask you put it behind us. We all want to hear you to reconsider.

Carte Blanche
May 14, 2004, 03:31 AM
I'm yet to discover what sparked a sudden resignation like that. I'm extremely disappointed, and saddened by this. Everytime I come on to this forum, Chinaman, Arnab and Dr. Z are the people whose posts I look for. No disregard to my fellow members/moderators, but chinaman is the heart behind this forum. Not only he is the most active contributor, but also his moderation has made this forum the best of its kind I've ever run into. I remember when some schumck kept on posting marathon copy-paste articles, and the first thing I said was "wait till chinaman gets here". I sincerely hope he will reconsider his decision, and come back. I would also like to apologize if I have ever offended him ever-so-slightly. Remember the Banglacricket logo? Where true tiger fans belong! You belong here. Please mon kharap na kore fire ashun.

reverse_swing
May 14, 2004, 05:38 AM
Dear Chinaman Bhai, I hope you will reconsider your decision.And I agree with Zunaid Bhai that it will be a disaster for this forum. BBC messageboard is a perfect example of that.

deshibhai
May 14, 2004, 06:05 AM
Chinaman,

I do not post here all that much, but I have noticed and much appreciated your tireless efforts to keep this board clean and to generally improve the quality of the website. While some people may wish that you relax the posting guidelines a tad bit, I cannot imagine that any reasonable person would want you to discontinue your current role.

It appears to me that there exist three choices:
1. chinaman continues with no change in the posting guidelines.
2. chinaman continues with somewhat more relaxed posting guidelines.
3. chinaman resigns.

If people cannot have #2, I am sure that they would pick #1 instead of #3. That means that there is no reason for you to resign.

I agree with Zunaid. It was once possible to have a decent discussion about all things Bangladeshi on a newsgroup called soc.culture.bangladesh. Left unmoderated, however, the newsgroup eventually descended into the gutter. Moderation is, of course, an art. The moderator needs to decide where the line lies between that which is simply spicy and that which degrades the quality of the board. I think some people are simply asking for a small shift in that line, while generally applauding the great work that you continue to do in ensuring that such a line does exist. Please continue, for the sake of this board.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by deshibhai]

SS
May 14, 2004, 06:56 AM
is it me ...Mr. Chinaman..i guess yea
sorry for all the trouble
Please come back...I won't be rude any more to ya..Please come back

Zephaniah
May 14, 2004, 08:01 AM
OOPS.

I do not have any authority to refuse your resignation. But i sincerely request you to avert your decision to resign. Please run through this thread and you see everyone loves you.

This forum needs you as a moderator.
What we will do without you Chinaman?

Cricket46
May 14, 2004, 08:52 AM
Dear Chinaman,

I guess most members like myself, do not know what transpired behind the scene that lead to your decision to resign. Did that “Absolutely no profanity” thread cause the problem? While I don’t expect you to come out and tell us what happened, we would like you to seriously reconsider your decision – as is evident from the posts by general members and also the moderators/administrators of the forum. I will not say that one person can run a board like this, but it is clear that you have had a very significant, positive effect on the board – as did, some others. People like me, come here because of the healthy and clean atmosphere that prevails here. Our common bond is love for Bangladesh cricket, but like any other sphere of life there has to be moderations. In spite of all the moderations, I do not like some posts, and surely many people do/will not like mine. It seems to me from the outside that this is a forum run by very well organized and devoted people. The quality has improved tremendously and the interest is unbelievable. With so many wonderful links and interesting posts it is a must-to-visit site for someone like me. Even as a member I spend 1-2 hrs. every day here. God only knows how much time you and others spend.

However, I realize that it is not possible to make everyone happy when moderators execute their authority. There should always be room for compromise for the larger interest. Can the who’s-who of this board not resolve this issue? Unless, it has hurt you very badly I will request you to re-evaluate the resignation issue, because that is hurting us badly.

We are all waiting for the West Indies series to begin in about 24 hrs. time and we are looking for all your help in that regard. May be by the time I will post this I will hear that you are back. Waiting hopefully …….

AsifTheManRahman
May 14, 2004, 09:15 AM
It is indeed a big shock. Anyways, wish you all the best Chinaman and hope you enjoy your time as a member here; and please do come back if you reconsider your decision.

say
May 14, 2004, 10:12 AM
I didn't know you are the A. B. Vajpayee in real life :o

say
May 14, 2004, 10:13 AM
I admit, I am one of those ‘bleeping morons’ who has caused so much heartburn for ChinaBhai and Co. ( Ok maybe not as much as some other morons ;) ) But I really appreciate it when I see how devoted you are to this forum. You do a great service for all of us. period. But thinking as a well-wisher, I've always been amazed to find out how much time ChinaBhai spends here. I've thought sometimes that is too much. On top of that the moderation job itself can be mentally draining. If this moderation job is causing mental anguish - I think it is better for ChinaBhai to rest for a while. If quitting moderatorship gives you some time to reflect - that can certainly make you think hard to understand the priorities in life.

Take a week off – chill out – think you are in the carrib islands – have fun - and comeback after a week…

Zobair
May 14, 2004, 11:36 AM
Come on cm bhai! you have a thicker skin than that :) Moderators can't make every one happy. There will always be the disgruntled ones. Come on man! we need you here. :)

rafiq
May 14, 2004, 11:54 AM
China bhai, bhul truti maaf kore diyen. let me join others here to urge you to return to the moderator's PC, where you rightfully belong.

(btw, this is all Arnab's fault, he should be stripped of Test status and reduced to Street Cricketer :) )

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by rafiq]

rassel
May 14, 2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
China bhai, bhul truti maaf kore diyen. let me join others here to urge you to return to the moderator's PC, where you rightfully belong.

(btw, this is all Arnab's fault, he should be stripped of Test status and reduced to Street Cricketer :) )

what did he do?

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by rafiq]

Arnab
May 14, 2004, 12:13 PM
Ouch! Low blow! Ki digbaji dilen Rafiq bhai! :)

rafiq
May 14, 2004, 12:24 PM
Arnab, it's nothing personal. Being the politician, I was looking for someone to sacrifice. Take the fall this time buddy and you'll be rewarded in the future!:)

Arnab
May 14, 2004, 12:29 PM
FINE! :mad:

It's all MY fault. Now, where's my sponge roshogolla? :)

Piranha
May 14, 2004, 05:46 PM
Chinaman, seriously, losing you as mod will be a serious blow to banglacricket. I think you've been doing an excellent job and should keep it up.

Let me dig up an "off topic" post that I had made ages ago( I have slightly modified the quote actually):

If you look at the long run performance of societies(economic performance as well non-economic), you will see that those which have had <strong>strong rule-based societies</strong> have far outperformed those without. This is a common example cited in economics and political science.

Web-soceities are not much different from real societies and the same idea applies.

If you are interested in reading more, check out this <a href="http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=9157"> article</a>

Chinaman, you have been doing the job that I had expected of a good 'rule-enforcer'. Bear in mind that being a rule-enforces makes life difficult and of course, you are unlikley to be the most popular person around. But that doesn't mean you arent doing a great job and we all appreciate your input.

The outpouring of support for you should be proof enough that we do appricate what you are doing.

oracle
May 14, 2004, 08:47 PM
Chinaman

You were always a constant source of support. I value that.Whatever the freedom of speech argument flying around. This is ridiculous, I leave for a few days and a coup erupts. Unacceptable.Reinstate chinaman, immediately.:(

chinaman
May 14, 2004, 11:43 PM
You guys are sure noisy, but tell you what, I love that noises.

I'm overwhelmed, touched and moved by your support. Couldn't ignore all those posts and u2u! Well, I'm back in business. Now I feel really embarrased. My cordial thanks to all of you. I really love you all.

Now let me be straight. There are no morons here. We are all cricket morons if anyone likes to call us that way. :lol:

tnb
May 14, 2004, 11:46 PM
thanks chinaman, and congrats to nasif.
now need some good cricket from BD.

say
May 14, 2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
You guys are sure noisy, but tell you what, I love that noises.

I'm overwhelmed, touched and moved by your support. Couldn't ignore all those posts and u2u! Well, I'm back in business. Now I feel really embarrased. My cordial thanks to all of you. I really love you all.

Now let me be straight. There are no morons here. We are all cricket morons if anyone likes to call us that way. :lol:

even though you just did a 'Sujon' :) - I'm happy to see you back..

whatever the initial reason was, one honest suggestion is - don't let banglacricket.com cause too much stress to yourself. (and my second sugesstion remains in the table as is -- spend less time here ). all this coming from wishing you well.

Mahmood
May 14, 2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks Chinaman, BanglaCricket needs you.

Welcome back.

Nasif
May 15, 2004, 12:00 AM
We all love you cm bhai :) We are happy :)

Zunaid
May 15, 2004, 12:01 AM
welcome back chachaman I mean chinaman :)

darn I missed your steady hand here.. so lets get back to business - just a few more hours ..

let the games begin

rassel
May 15, 2004, 12:09 AM
What a relief! Good to have you back! :fire:

Ehsan
May 15, 2004, 01:01 AM
Never ever thought this kinda situation would arise. Anyways, welcome back China bhai! :). It feels really good to know that you are still there in the moderation team. Keep up the good work!!!

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by ehsan]

Mridul
May 15, 2004, 01:06 AM
Chinaman = Chacha?

welcome back Chinaman.....

reverse_swing
May 15, 2004, 01:06 AM
Chinaman Bhai ke tulip fuler suvesha

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_4v.gif

AGC
May 15, 2004, 02:56 AM
YESSSSS The main man of Bangla Cricket is back! Really got worried earlier! Without you, this forum would be in ruins. Thanks for everything chinabhai and welcome back. You truly are the best :)

billah
May 15, 2004, 04:14 AM
What a difference 24 hours make. May be you just needed that respite, why didn't you just say so? A sincere welcome back. Man what a relief! Now, les' kick sme WI booty...:D

billah
May 15, 2004, 04:15 AM
"Booty" is ok, right? Just kiddin':P

Hasib
May 15, 2004, 04:16 AM
The crisis is over :fanflag:

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2004, 09:55 AM
Wel Come back