PDA

View Full Version : Why do people get banned so quickly Here

DinRaat
January 8, 2017, 12:22 PM
EmperorHawk, should of gotten a stern warning or a infraction before that 1 month ban seriously, he is just new to the forum,As a ex-lurker I've seen many get banned in this forum, mods should go easy on the bans or we won't have members.....Was a nice bloke

Rinan
January 8, 2017, 02:11 PM
In 4 years time forum will have below 10 members.

Night_wolf
January 8, 2017, 07:57 PM
are you sure he didn't get any warning or infraction before?

kalpurush
January 8, 2017, 08:17 PM
EmperorHawk, should of gotten a stern warning or a infraction before that 1 month ban seriously, he is just new to the forum,As a ex-lurker I've seen many get banned in this forum, mods should go easy on the bans or we won't have members.....Was a nice bloke

Mods know better as to who should get a warning or an infraction or a ban or not as they only know the reason behind that specific action/s.

Please do not judge not knowing the details.

Rana Melb
January 8, 2017, 09:56 PM
Other fourms are lot flexible. BC is already under members. Some of the bans i experience was silly. Plus the long waiting period to lift the ban.

brockley
January 8, 2017, 11:50 PM
I was having a good chat with EmperorHawk,shame he was banned,brought a different perspective.
I am surprised I haven't got banned yet.
Good to see some Indians on here.

Mas_UK25
January 9, 2017, 02:47 AM
In 4 years time forum will have below 10 members.

Not meant to say such. careful, one could be next to go, stating out like this...

Don't know about 4years time. After CT '17 I know where I'm going. Only reason brings me here is pure passion for cricket, to talk about cricket ok a cricket specific place.

Got an account on pp havent been more than 3months. Over there, they are lot open minded, troll each other, if a post is indecent it gets removed. Why can't bc remove posts and say after 5removals of ones post per week, if he/she continues certain bad behaviour, gets a warning. Idk, something more fair, for sake of this forum, which has gone really dry.

patriot
January 9, 2017, 04:41 AM
In a few months time you will have more 'Mods' and BC 'staff' then actual BC members.

adamnsu
January 9, 2017, 08:58 AM
Other fourms are lot flexible. BC is already under members. Some of the bans i experience was silly. Plus the long waiting period to lift the ban.

I also agree. Sometimes jokes get misunderstood by so many. And for sometime the real buzz kill was the wait one minute to post another message in the same thread.

adamnsu
January 9, 2017, 09:01 AM
Not meant to say such. careful, one could be next to go, stating out like this...

Don't know about 4years time. After CT '17 I know where I'm going. Only reason brings me here is pure passion for cricket, to talk about cricket ok a cricket specific place.

Got an account on pp havent been more than 3months. Over there, they are lot open minded, troll each other, if a post is indecent it gets removed. Why can't bc remove posts and say after 5removals of ones post per week, if he/she continues certain bad behaviour, gets a warning. Idk, something more fair, for sake of this forum, which has gone really dry.

I come back here as I like being in touch with Bangladeshis as I dont get to see many (even if not like mind). But I agree with your post.

Rana Melb
January 9, 2017, 04:49 PM
Certainly we are behind not only in our cricket but also in our attitude. PP participants are millions times than BC. Why? Why cant we pull the members here?

I think its time to revamp the BC.

BengaliPagol
January 9, 2017, 10:07 PM
Certainly we are behind not only in our cricket but also in our attitude. PP participants are millions times than BC. Why? Why cant we pull the members here?

I think its time to revamp the BC.

no no no no no u got it all wrong its because all the members of BC are old now so they are busy now so they dont come here anymore.

DinRaat
January 9, 2017, 11:48 PM
Matter of fact is that u can't just ban someone for one month whats the chance of him returning we just lost another member due to a unesscary 1 month ban,ban for 3 days and then if offender recommits then ban for a month.We loss tons of members for overharsh punishments

adamnsu
January 10, 2017, 02:52 AM
Matter of fact is that u can't just ban someone for one month whats the chance of him returning we just lost another member due to a unesscary 1 month ban,ban for 3 days and then if offender recommits then ban for a month.We loss tons of members for overharsh punishments

Try 6 months for not getting a joke

DinRaat
January 10, 2017, 05:26 AM
[QUOTE=adamnsu;1956416]Try 6 months for not getting a joke[/QUO

This is what happens when u have 30-49 yr old mods

adamnsu
January 10, 2017, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=adamnsu;1956416]Try 6 months for not getting a joke[/QUO

This is what happens when u have 30-49 yr old mods

I am a user who falls into that age group. However I thought the older you get the better understanding of jokes one gets 😀

It is possible some people take their status a bit too seriously?

DinRaat
January 10, 2017, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=DinRaat;1956429]

I am a user who falls into that age group. However I thought the older you get the better understanding of jokes one gets 😀

It is possible some people take their status a bit too seriously?

The mods should start unbanning some members, since 6months-1month is too long for a ban, Just don`t unban the life banned members or the certified trolls....This forum is on the death road...Sorry in advance if my previous post was a bit stereotypical

Kabir
January 10, 2017, 10:10 AM
I've had my fair share of issues with the mods in the past. I have been a BC staff member too in the past, and got many warnings for any comments that was not deemed appropriate. I did stop visiting BC for that reason at the time...but I see that there's a bigger issue. It's Bangladeshis in general. Go to cricinfo and read up all the comments. BD team duita series jitse in bangladesh, ei futanir chotey our fans lose their minds and troll other sites. Problem is, this profile of users exist on BC as well. And then, add the over-policing practices of our deshi culture to the mix. Our culture instills this in our belief...we're taught to police everything. Ke ki bollo, oitar onno meaning ghuray pechay we make a mountain out of a molehill.

DinRaat
January 10, 2017, 10:11 AM
I bet 90 Percent of the people on bans don`t ever return, unless they are complete fanatics about BC

DinRaat
January 10, 2017, 10:13 AM
I've had my fair share of issues with the mods in the past. I have been a BC staff member too in the past, and got many warnings for any comments that was not deemed appropriate. I did stop visiting BC for that reason at the time...but I see that there's a bigger issue. It's Bangladeshis in general. Go to cricinfo and read up all the comments. BD team duita series jitse in bangladesh, ei futanir chotey our fans lose their minds and troll other sites. Problem is, this profile of users exist on BC as well. And then, add the over-policing practices of our deshi culture to the mix. Our culture instills this in our belief...we're taught to police everything. Ke ki bollo, oitar onno meaning ghuray pechay we make a mountain out of a molehill.

Ive noticed good members getting banned in my lurking era, and some *** holes as well, but banning for 1-1 year is just way too harsh, instead of infractions just issue a 24hour ban to let them think of their actions, sheesh don`t just hand them a 1 month-6month ban, whats the chances of them coming back

Kabir
January 10, 2017, 10:20 AM
DayNight - I'm not familiar with all the BC moderation procedures that's currently in place. If it's the same as what was in place 5 years ago (when I stopped visiting), it requires a major overhaul. Social media has evolved...moderation rules have changed.

wtachetna
January 11, 2017, 03:20 AM
I think we should promote this forum otherwise soon enough we have less than a dozen member here. Many members are being banned for not following the forum rules (whether knowingly or unknowingly.)

DinRaat
January 11, 2017, 03:31 AM
I think we should promote this forum otherwise soon enough we have less than a dozen member here. Many members are being banned for not following the forum rules (whether knowingly or unknowingly.)

PROMOTE THE FORUM HAH, yesterday my thread suggesting mods to loosen up a little was just deleted

Kabir
January 11, 2017, 10:10 AM
DinRaat - while forum traffic is important, one of the etiquette for forums is to not hit the "new thread" button at every random thought. It annoys people, dilutes quality of discussion in a forum, etc. Just a thought...seeing a slew of new threads on numerous topics from you (some good, some not so...imo), I wonder if you would consider searching for existing threads and resurrecting them as opposed to just opening a new one.

Austin 3:!6
January 11, 2017, 10:55 AM
I think Mods are quite fair in this forum, not sure why posters are complaining. EmpHawk was derailing the match thread continuously by accusing one poster as Pakistani even though that poster is quite civil. So I think his banning is justified.

One thing I would like to change here in BC though is that there should be a match referee room where banned posters can interact with Mods/Admins. If a banned member can convince mods that his ban is unjustified,it can be over turned or reduced. Now once a member is banned, he has no way to contact BC and just have to wait till his ban term expires.

Shingara
January 13, 2017, 03:46 AM
Banning was much harsher 5 or so years ago. If you said something and the elders didn't like it, you got banned. Your posts would also get deleted and you weren't informed why.
Many popular members who had thousands of posts were perma-banned and lot of people as a consequence stopped coming here. This is the reason why the forum is so inactive.

These days, it only gets active during matches. At other times, it seems it's just Zeeshan opening threads one after another ;D

Banglatiger84
January 13, 2017, 10:21 AM

Once upon a time, possibly a decade back, our Forget Cricket secton was the forum I came whenever a world event happened, the discussions were passionate yet informative and some members would cross a line that would have been ban-worthy a few years later ....

Anyways, balance is hard to maintain, and I respect the moderators wish to avoid a Cricinfo type forum ...

But that is one reason I do not come to this forum that much.

For a period of a few years in the noughties, I never had to log in, because I visited BC so frequently that I was logged in , permanently.
So when few months back, I had to type banglacricket (as it was no longer coming via auto type), and had to log in (using the same password I set 13 years back as a sophomore in UT), I felt a weird sense of pain. :-|

It was like having to register yourself at the reception security with an ID when visiting your best ever friend's apartment after a few years gap ....

Nafi
January 13, 2017, 11:49 AM
After my ban, I toned down a lot. Just avoided being controversial. I can still enjoy the forum, but at the time it was very frustrating.

Shingara
January 14, 2017, 07:54 AM
After my ban, I toned down a lot. Just avoided being controversial. I can still enjoy the forum, but at the time it was very frustrating.

If you find particular members cuaisng your blood pressure to go up, simply add them to your Ignore list

Nafi
January 15, 2017, 11:03 PM
If you find particular members cuaisng your blood pressure to go up, simply add them to your Ignore list

No I wouldnt start arguments with members, I think I just said controversial things and complained against mod actions. I cant really remember exactly.

wtachetna
January 21, 2017, 02:41 AM
If you find particular members causing your blood pressure to go up, simply add them to your Ignore list

That's what exactly I do when someone irritates me on forum with bad comments. But what about PM messages? Is the ignored listed person cannot send you messages in private also? I don't think so because of the persons was able to message me even after I put him in ignored list.

Jadukor
January 21, 2017, 04:09 AM
That's what exactly I do when someone irritates me on forum with bad comments. But what about PM messages? Is the ignored listed person cannot send you messages in private also? I don't think so because of the persons was able to message me even after I put him in ignored list.

you can report the pm if u find it offensive

ReZ_1
January 21, 2017, 10:55 PM
One of the things that still baffles me is if someone asks for unauthorized choral links to watch the game then there is no problem and is appreciated if some1 shares it. but if a torrent link is asked for instance then you have to receive infraction as copyright violation. :-/

Mas_UK25
January 22, 2017, 12:00 PM
Mods on this site need to chilax. They take this job far too seriously like a freshie who comea here from desi nations and gets excites doing/knowing any little bits, of British way of things.