PDA

View Full Version : Is this Alok?

fwullah
May 15, 2004, 12:29 AM
Is this bhuriwala Alok Kapali?

Getty Images' caption on Cricinfo says so.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/PICTURES/DB/052004/052275.jpg

Source:

BD in WI (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2004/BDESH_IN_WI/)

fwullah
May 15, 2004, 12:31 AM
Bangladesh's Alok Kapali (left) makes a point to Habibul Bashar ahead of Saturday's opening one-dayer Getty Images

I believe it may be one of the new comers, and considering Abdur Rajjak's Raj's height, and this fellow's height, I think it might be Foisal Hossain.

nasifkhan
May 15, 2004, 12:33 AM
This is Rajin Saleh.

Carte Blanche
May 15, 2004, 12:36 AM
Yes it is Rajin. By the way, bhuri dekhlen koi? It's the way he is standing, might give you the bhuri impression. Rajin is an extremely fit player. I remember this one pic during England's tour last fall. It showed some strong muscles Rajin's got. Don't get any ideas now. ;)

Zunaid
May 15, 2004, 12:40 AM
rajin does weight training .. look at his calf muscles...

Ehsan
May 15, 2004, 01:03 AM
Thats definitely rajin, wrong caption from Cricinfo. And ya thats no da bhuri, Carte Blanche is right; its just the way he is standing.

wasif
May 15, 2004, 03:05 AM
I WAS TRYING TO INPUT ALOK'S PICTURE FROM WEBSITE BUT I COULD NOT.CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW I INPUT IT IN THIS REPLY PAGE?

chinaman
May 15, 2004, 03:18 AM
First, you need the URL of the image. Right click on an image then left click on the property. You'll see address (URL) on the property window. Copy the url from the right of the address.

Now, from the reply or post page, click on the seventh button from the left that reads in a small tips window "inset a picture" and which looks like a yellow square with gray mountains, then paste the url in the dialogue box that appears.

Hope this will help. By the way, wasif, it looks good if you post using small letters. Thank you.

Flip Master Mick
May 15, 2004, 05:16 AM
look at rajin saleh's posture... a bangla will always remain a bangla... a test cricketer should really never stand like that... :o

Navarene
May 15, 2004, 05:57 AM
C'mon Flip, nothings obnoxious the way Rajin is standing.

fwullah, eke jodi bhuriwala bolen, tobe Dav ke ki bolben?:)

Zobair
May 15, 2004, 07:56 AM
What I don't understand is how can a respected (yeah! I know! I know!) site like cricinfo not be able to distinguish between Alok and Rajin?:-/ nincompoops

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2004, 08:07 AM
It's definitely Rajin.

chinaman
May 15, 2004, 08:07 AM
Cricinfo just post what Getty provides them. Gordon Brooks of Getty/AFP took the picture and put that wrong caption.