PDA

View Full Version : Your views on feeding the Orphans/Poor?

SportingBD
March 6, 2017, 06:05 AM
Do you think people should help others voluntarily, especially those that are orphans and needy? How often should one help? What is the best form of helping? Going through with charity or directly? Irrespective of your religion, shouldn't one try to help others? Do the poor deserve to be treated poorly by the rich? Should people become more humble? What are yours views on helping poor children's and needy people? What's your view on charity?

SportingBD
March 6, 2017, 06:11 AM
If you feel like helping - here is a good charity. https://www.unicef.org

SportingBD
March 6, 2017, 06:54 AM
Nearly 1/2 of the world’s population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty — less than $1.25 a day. https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-global-poverty

SportingBD
March 6, 2017, 06:54 AM
1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.

SportingBD
March 6, 2017, 06:56 AM
According to the most recent estimates, in 2013, 10.7 percent of the world’s population lived on less than US$1.90 a day, compared to 12.4 percent in 2012. That’s down from 35 percent in 1990. This means that, in 2013, 767 million people lived on less than $1.90 a day, down from 881 million in 2012 and 1.85 billion in 1990.

SportingBD
March 6, 2017, 07:00 AM
Surely we can try to donate at least £5, $5, €5 euro?

ReZ_1
March 6, 2017, 07:22 AM
You have asked so many questions in the OT and they are yet to be answered/debated but you already commented for everyone's least contribution..

SportingBD
March 6, 2017, 07:29 AM
You have asked so many questions in the OT and they are yet to be answered/debated but you already commented for everyone's least contribution..

Lot of questions, true. Anyone can donate how much they want. The donation doesn't have to be online. They can directly do it themselves. How nice it would be if someone goes out and directly helps a poor child? Or poor people/family? The happiness they would feel is sometimes unexplainable. We can debate as much as we want, but it's good to remember debating is not everything, some action needs to be done. The amount was based on people's ability as I often see people spend those amount per day on lunch money etc. However, it's not how much you pay, it's the willingness to help that counts. If you haven't got the ability, encouraging others that have the ability to donate is a reward in itself.

adamnsu
March 6, 2017, 08:48 AM
I also found that there are too many questions too touching on different subjects that its a bit of a jhogga khuchuri :D

But I think the topic is Charity, even though it says feeding in the heading.

IMO one should help the needy and as much as they can. I think every human being with means has a responsibilty to help someone who doesnt have the basic essentials in life. Like Peter Parker's Uncle Ben said: with great power comes great responsibilty.

I personally tend to focus more on children's charity being a parent myself when it comes to monetary donations. I avoid the charities that spend heavily on tv advertising as the ones I have come across are extremly unprofessional.

In the UK if people come upto me for help, I offer buy them food which disappoints alot of the fraudsters. But some really are hungry.

I also provide my used clothes to charity. I know its easier to throw things in the bin, but this also helps charities.

Helping out during natural diasters as quite important. Even though I hate Pakistan, I still donated during their flood crisis.

Sometimes I donate when people are doing something exceptional to raise funds (for good causes ofcourse), one year this non muslim girl fasted during Ramadan for 30 days to raise money for muslims.

Mas_UK25
March 6, 2017, 09:02 AM
Well Zakat is compulsory whether one likes it or not. It's a must. Be always giving to the poor, do extra sadaqa also which is optional but rewarding. Charity does not decrease your wealth, it will increase it.

Fazal
March 6, 2017, 02:49 PM
Sure we should stop wasting food and start feeding the Orphans/Poor.

http://www.gateofknowledge.com/sites/gateofknowlewdge.com/files/field/image/Saudi-Among-Top-Food-Wasting-Countries.jpg

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2017, 03:32 PM
^ Fazal, if you ever go to Hajj from US you will find this as child's play. The amount of food wasting is unbelievable. The Luxurious hotels you will be put in...