PDA

View Full Version : Pilot

Arnab
May 15, 2004, 12:11 PM
What does he have that other batsmen don't have?

sheshprohor
May 15, 2004, 12:13 PM
Kolongker Dhol....

prohor

Nasif
May 15, 2004, 12:24 PM
Two ducks in top order and pilot has yet again piloted the innings

Ahmed_B
May 15, 2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Arnab

firm confidence and no HIGH AMBITION !!

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by crickethorizon : oops.. misunderstood the topic!]

reverse_swing
May 15, 2004, 12:45 PM
fighting spirit

Carte Blanche
May 15, 2004, 12:53 PM
One guy, I always have in my fantasy.

Ermm, I mean fantasy team!

Zephaniah
May 15, 2004, 04:45 PM
His no-nonsense approach. he plays basic game. And our super duper heros (Bashar, Kaps & Ash) should learn from him.

Tehsin
May 15, 2004, 04:51 PM
Confidence, SELF-RESPECT, Experience (definitely a better learning curve than the rest) among other things. Also, he is brave and and level headed.

James90
May 15, 2004, 05:29 PM
You would have done well CB...30 runs plus 10 for not out and numerous dismissals. Was he cheap?

fab
May 15, 2004, 08:31 PM
Pilot isn't a choker.

Personally, I think he has made up for the WC blunders with his performance this past year. The number of times this dude has saved our face (in ODIs esp) is too many to count!

Navarene
May 15, 2004, 09:17 PM
If someone has to call Mr. Dependable in BD team, it is no other than Khaled Mashud Pilot. He may not have a ton or many 50's in his bag, but he is the only one who stands tall in the middle with some odd 20/30 runs when the top or middle order collapses pathetically.

Imagine even if our top and middle order played some +30 innings each, our team wouldn't have struggled with a low scoring figure. This is sad that the batsmen still didn't learn how to stick to wicket to build up a partnership when in need. This is the reason they are hardly able to come up with a respectable total both in test and ODI's.

It is a say that we are more competable and specialized in ODI than test cricket. But unfortunately we are so inert to take advantage of 15 overs restriction in ODI to justify our speciality in ODI upon test. I wonder if Whatmore works on this aspect.

Pilot is only 40 runs away from his 1000 runs mark in ODI. I wish him all the best.

Rubu
May 16, 2004, 12:30 AM

bot toler nanga babar tabiz. he other players of the team should go to nanga baba as well.

fwullah
May 16, 2004, 12:48 AM
Don't JINX him.

He was pretty fortunate on at least 4 occassions. Only if it were Bangladesh's DAY yesterday as it was Pilot's! (SIGH!) :(

He was very close to out when both umpires gave him benefit of the doubt, and at least 2 of his shots just dropped short of the fielders.

fwullah
May 16, 2004, 12:48 AM
Don't JINX him.

He was pretty fortunate on at least 4 occassions. Only if it were Bangladesh's DAY yesterday as it was Pilot's! (SIGH!) :(

He was very close to out when both umpires gave him benefit of the doubt, and at least 2 of his shots just dropped short of the fielders. He usually bats better than this.

Nasif
May 16, 2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Habibul_fan
You would have done well CB...30 runs plus 10 for not out and numerous dismissals. Was he cheap?

He was 75 points, I lost 150 points for nothing by just picking Shahriar! :mad: The guy gives me a duck. Replaced him with Deecans. Hope he is in next match.

Rubu
May 16, 2004, 01:16 AM
fw, what are u talking about? there is no question of jinx here. he ain't dependant on any factor that might not support him anymore. those in the team who are fighters, will remain so and will keep doing there parts. the problem is the "talented" ones. they get jinx by direction of air, humidity, number of spectators, color of grass, toss, who knows what else.

rafiq
May 16, 2004, 01:26 AM
I'm a Pilot fan, and was a Pilot fan years ago when people were asking for him to be sacked and dropped from the team. Recently on this board there was talk about playing Anwar or Selim because "we need to find a replacement for Pilot". Yawn.

However, let's not forget Pilot does not have to face the new ball. In fact, all of Bangladesh's batsmen would do better if they didn't have to face the new ball. :)

mzia
May 16, 2004, 01:41 AM
He has a very sensible head on his dependable shoulder.

mahbubH
May 16, 2004, 01:51 AM

he knows his limit.. others don't know!!

reinausagi
May 16, 2004, 12:50 PM
bot toler nanga babar tabiz.

LOL
:lol: