PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs West Indies 2nd ODI

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hasibul
May 15, 2004, 05:09 PM
Any change in 2nd ODI:-/:rolleyes:

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by pompous : This will be the match thread. Please post all your match-related reactions in this thread for convenience :) Go Tigers!]

Hasibul
May 15, 2004, 05:11 PM
I think this change we need for 2nd ODI
Shahriar Hossain -- Hannan Sarkar ( He can play pace well )
Alok Kapali --- Faisal Hosain ( Fresh blood can give us some usefull run )
:fanflag::great:

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by Hasibul]

Zephaniah
May 15, 2004, 06:00 PM
I agree with you. But i look at it bit different way.

1. We need a solid opening partnership desperately , 'cause we don't want to expose our middle order in first couple of overs. Hannan is more like a grafter and if he religiously tries to stay at the crease then with Rana it's possible to build a decent opening partnership.

2. Kaps should be out of the team without any question. he needs to do justice to his talent by scoring runs consistantly - first in domestic cricket and then international level. Faisal is a remarkably consistant batsman. If he manages to translate his talent to international level then that would pay divident in years to come.

Our batsmen let us down today. With this change i feel we can look forward to a win tomorrow.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by Zephaniah]

oracle
May 15, 2004, 06:23 PM
It was a disappointing day to say the least. Whatmore was really down. His face did'nt hide that at all. Also, I think this pitch was unsuitable. I had a look at the pitch after the match and cracks were visible al over the place, that is looking at the crease from a distqance of say 10 feet. Surprisingly Best got a few really high bounces.

Again Plot showed exceptional skills. Windies are not known to memorize foreign player names, but after the match and during the match, radiowaves were on and on about Pilots reflexes. Especially the the last stumping.

Today, the windies are apprehensive about tommorow. For a lively and carefree nation that says a lot about how far our cricket has come. I saw a competitive outfit out there which is very different from their first encounter with WI.

al Furqaan
May 15, 2004, 06:26 PM
for tomorrows match

Hasib
May 15, 2004, 06:46 PM
there would be only around 12 hours to go... i think (is it a day or day-nighter?)

Carte Blanche
May 15, 2004, 07:08 PM
Nope, not a d/n affair. It starts the same time as today. Jeez, that ground is as good as our district stadiums. Or at least that's what it looks like. No floodlights.

Play starts at 1335 GMT tomorrow. 13 hours to go.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Carte Blanche]

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2004, 08:13 PM
The bowlers owe us fans a victory for not being able to wrap the tail up.

The batsmen owe us lots more.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by AsifTheManRahman]

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2004, 08:26 PM
Batsmen should keep their cool and concentrate on sticking to the wicket till the 40th over; after that we can blast off - anything around 200 should be more than enough for those losers...:P

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2004, 08:28 PM
The most beautiful thing about the team that I've noticed in recent times is their ability to make a match out of a completely hopeless situation. They've done that in Zimbabwe and also in the first match against the WI. They are also winning tour matches, which is good news. Now one can actually count on these guys instead of giving up hope way before the match ends.

AsifTheManRahman
May 15, 2004, 08:30 PM
I used to be an Alok fan...for his batting that is....*sigh*

Beamer
May 15, 2004, 09:16 PM
few points :
Rajin alreday did his job by getting sarwan out , why was he brought back in the end, I dont know.

Whats the point of having tapash as your main strike bowler, if you don't have any confidence in him to get the last man out?
he got six overs.

mushfiq opening with the ball does not serve us right since he excels in the middle. as long as chacha continues his madness, can't really do anything about him.

kaps : feel sorry for him. no.6 is a vital pos in ODI and anybody will be better than him. faisal instead of him.

biddut : should stay for atleast another game.

is rafiq sliding a bit? maybe premature. what do you think? he was subpar with the ball.

I wanna bat first again tomorrow..

lbw375
May 15, 2004, 10:14 PM
A little known fact about Arnos Vale

The track is usually low and slow.

The team batting first usually has the better of the pitch as it gets slower later i the day.

Windies batsmen dont like that, they like the ball coming onto the bat at a good pace.

If Habib win the toss tomorrow, bat first

Zobair
May 15, 2004, 10:26 PM
well lbw375 I agree on the batting first bit...but hopefully there will be no showers overnight...coz then the outfield will be slow early on like today and we will miss out on boundaries like we did today.

rana
May 15, 2004, 10:51 PM
guys don.t worry 2 ODI will be our.
i mean we will win 2 ODI.

go BD goooooooooooooo also Rana.Rofic.chacha.rajin.ash.mosfic.and all our bats mean and bowlers show agin we can win with any team:fanflag:

Rubu
May 16, 2004, 12:22 AM
today's game gave me a great mixture of feeling. there are so many good things to talk about, and so is bad thing. lets starts with bigging.

* fine, the pitch was a mine field. but how did pilot and rafique managed to stay not out? old ball? they did face the pace too. and the only thing i can say here is, rafique should have been able to get score more than just 2, at the final over.

* they way the fougt back with such a mere total is just fantastic.

* i guess its time for us to make some "matrix" about hannan and shahrier and choose just one. make him fixed with rana. i know rana did not score much on todays game. but at that disasterous situation, he kept it cool and managed to company rajin to take the game out of a darkhole.

* can anyone see one good thing about sumon today? i hope "morning shows the day" is not true and he'll comeback. i just dont see it. they way and in the situation where he got out, deserve punishment. his bowling rotation was questionable too.

* alok has been working too hard for very very long time. he deserve a vacation. lets get faisal in.

* i can't find anyone to spare in the team. otherwise i'd really want raj in the team looking at the performance of two other lefty. how about this revolutionary thougt of playing 3 lefly in the team showing good bye to pace? say for the cost of taposh :duh: . i know its not practical. but just a thougt.

* the most famous topic of this thread is chacha bashing, needless to say, i'm a pioneer of it. i can't help it but to say, he is doing a great job every since he lost the captency.

crickipagol
May 16, 2004, 02:14 AM
Very rarely we have all our department working in the same day. Yesterday, was one of such day. Nevertheless, we won the mental game, and really rocked the nerves of WI team, by the bowling of Mahmud and Rana.

Few things need to fall in place today, for us to come out as winner in this game. And hopefully they will.

However, we should be ready to accept, that couple of things will not repeat today for sure:

1. There will not be a record breaking 9th wicket partnership, just the very next day. (we would be certainly happy to accept a record breaking 1st wicket partnership)

2. There will be no stellar performance from Mahmud, again, just the very next day (law of average prevails, but we would love Mushfiq demolishing the WI's top order)

Few pics for the memory book (taken off the tube, I hope I am not breaking any copyright law)

http://minco.50megs.com/images/mash.jpg
Savior till the end

http://minco.50megs.com/images/raf.jpg
Rafique to the rescue

http://minco.50megs.com/images/card.jpg
Light at the end of the tunnel.

(I was so down by the perf of 1st inn, didn't have enough enthusiasm for the strikingly different 2nd inn)

Cheers.

suds
May 16, 2004, 02:47 AM
Thanks for these pictures, CricketPagol. For some reason these pictures touched me most.

crickipagol
May 16, 2004, 02:59 AM
http://minco.50megs.com/images/six.jpg
Cause! (http://minco.50megs.com/images/six.jpg)

N

http://minco.50megs.com/images/baby_ed.jpg

Effect! (http://minco.50megs.com/images/baby_ed.jpg)

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by crickipagol]

Arnab
May 16, 2004, 03:01 AM
Cricket pagol,

Upload all your pics here:

http://www.banglacricket.com/files/gallery/open

Go to the admin options at the top right corner.

Nasif
May 16, 2004, 03:05 AM
Great pictures cricketpagol! Did you record the match?

crickipagol
May 16, 2004, 03:13 AM
I didn't record the match, but you gave me the idea. Maybe recording tonight's match would be real worthwhile.

I have taken these pics from TV, with a digital camera.

More will come tonight.

Cheers!

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by crickipagol]

Arnab
May 16, 2004, 03:49 AM
Awesome! Thanks so much for uploading those.

If you're going to record the second match, I hope you don't mind if we suggest - after the match is finished - some of the more entertaining moments for you to capture?

crickipagol
May 16, 2004, 04:35 AM
Sure, I wouldn't mind for you guys! I will see what I can do.

Cheers.

Hasib
May 16, 2004, 06:35 AM
:great: stuff!!!

wasif
May 16, 2004, 07:26 AM
U R :great:

WI2debone
May 16, 2004, 07:31 AM
Hello Guys ... how are we all doing today????

Zephaniah
May 16, 2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by WI2debone

we're 'grand' today, you alright love?

Zephaniah
May 16, 2004, 07:53 AM
When the game will start today?

1400 GMT?

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Zephaniah
When the game will start today?

1400 GMT?

1335 GMT

mahbubH
May 16, 2004, 07:58 AM
Hello guys .... all set for the first ODI win at WI..... any news about team combination yet?

:fanflag:

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 08:06 AM
I think Alok should be given another chance to prove himself. You have to agree that he is a talented player. But today if he fails again, he should be sent back home for good!!

rana
May 16, 2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Tiger
I think Alok should be given another chance to prove himself. You have to agree that he is a talented player. But today if he fails again, he should be sent back home for good!!

no i don.t think so .whatmore allrady gave him many chances . but he didn.t prove it .so how could we know he will do batter today.he is a useless player

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by rana]

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by rana

no i don.t think so .whatmore allrady gave him many chance . but he didn.t prove it .so how could we know he will do batter today.he is a useless player

would you like to see him play in the test matches?

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Tiger]

rana
May 16, 2004, 08:17 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Tiger

no i don.t think so .whatmore allrady gave him many chance . but he didn.t prove it .so how could we know he will do batter today.he is a useless player

would you like to see him play in the test matches?

no i don.t want to see him in any matches

EngWIndian
May 16, 2004, 08:20 AM
Hey all,

should be a good ODI today.

Great job by the BD bowlers but today i got a feeling Tino and Edwards will up their pace:fire: and bradshaw will be looking to carry on his great figures from yesterday.

Also, want to see a Sarwan and Smith century today!:ninja:

mahbubH
May 16, 2004, 08:20 AM
Any news on Toss?

mahbubH
May 16, 2004, 08:21 AM
Also, want to see a Sarwan and Smith century today!:ninja: [/quote] :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

EngWIndian
May 16, 2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh: [/quote]

:fire:

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by EngWIndian
Hey all,

should be a good ODI today.

Great job by the BD bowlers but today i got a feeling Tino and Edwards will up their pace:fire: and bradshaw will be looking to carry on his great figures from yesterday.

Also, want to see a Sarwan and Smith century today!:ninja:

i have a feeling that rafiq will fireup today! and i hope our batsmen dosen't do the same stupid staffs like yesterday:) Hoping to see a positive cricket today:)

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 08:25 AM
toss has made already?..hey guys..anyone know how can i change my picture?

Hasib
May 16, 2004, 08:25 AM
I hope for another exciting match.:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 08:26 AM
I am tired of walking..i want rest..i need a change of picture;)

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 08:27 AM
dorbesh to bose thakar kotha eto hatahati keno?

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by reverse_swing]

rana
May 16, 2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by dorbesh

hai how did you put this picture.could you tell me

Upal
May 16, 2004, 08:31 AM
hey guys, when does radio guayana start their broadcast? im still listening to music from their station...

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 08:31 AM

hai how did you put this picture.could you tell me

moderators can do this for you rana!

mahbubH
May 16, 2004, 08:33 AM
walking dorbesh is not good for luck:lol:

EngWIndian
May 16, 2004, 08:35 AM
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/BDESH_WI_ODI2_16MAY2004.html

ok, good luck to both teams

Rubu
bro any links for today? i'm listening to VOB but don't see the game. looks like they will not broadcast today. do u hvae any more links?

dorbesh
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd

lol..ei jonno-ito need change:P

rassel
May 16, 2004, 08:37 AM
get ready to lay the smack down once more. we could do it today!:fire:

reverse_swing
rain!

mahbubH
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd

lol..ei jonno-ito need change:P

try one game

rana
Originally posted by EngWIndian
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/BDESH_WI_ODI2_16MAY2004.html

ok, good luck to both teams

you to brother

Cricket46
May 16, 2004, 08:38 AM
I can hear on Radio Guayana

abhs
May 16, 2004, 08:39 AM
Would you please resize the pictures or move these to the other thread
The pictures with the current sizes have changed the layout of the thread, and seems to be not that ideal.

EngWIndian
Seems to be a delay because of rain...

i know it rained last night, ground staff may just be trying to dry the ground.

dorbesh
hasn't match strted yet?

AsifTheManRahman
May 16, 2004, 08:40 AM
Just woke up on time for the game...what's going on?

Cricket46
May 16, 2004, 08:40 AM
Cricinfo has no score yet. Rain is falling according to the commentator.

Hasib
May 16, 2004, 08:41 AM
Attention Everyone

If you wish to talk about this match, please move to the chat section

http://www.banglacricket.com/games/chat/

the update there can sometimes be faster than Cricinfo.

Cheers!

rassel
friken rain! not good at all:mad::mad::mad:

abhs
The news is that there is a slight drizzle around the stadium and the covers is on.The ground staff are working to have some playand the crowds are waiting with hope for another exciting match.

Source: Cricinfo

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 08:42 AM
delay..

rana
May 16, 2004, 08:43 AM
oh no Delay Rain

Navarene
May 16, 2004, 08:44 AM
"there is a slight drizzle around the stadium and the covers is on.The ground staff are working to have some play"

abhs
May 16, 2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
bro any links for today? i'm listening to VOB but don't see the game. looks like they will not broadcast today. do u hvae any more links?

I listed new audio links, however, like yesterday unfortunately no video links working.

Audio will be definitely available. I am listening SpiceislanderRadio. Now a song, but this is due to rain. They had the commentary.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by abhs]

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 08:48 AM
i always beat WI in ODI:)

sage
May 16, 2004, 08:55 AM
Nice morning everybody.

WI2debone
May 16, 2004, 08:56 AM

Yep I'm fine .... just waiting on some cricket!!!

raju
May 16, 2004, 08:58 AM

hey man.....since ur watching tv.....can u pls tell us how long it will take to start.....

what is the condition of the field.........serious?

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by raju]

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by raju

hey man.....since ur watching tv.....can u pls tell us how long it will take to start.....

what is the condition of the field.........serious?

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by raju]

amar mone hoi she ekjon meye...

Beamer
May 16, 2004, 09:12 AM
good morning ...I am still in mourning

al Furqaan
May 16, 2004, 09:12 AM
all this rain is pissing me off...

england series got delayed by rain...Zimbabwe almost got washed out because of rain...and now we are about to lose the 2nd ODI...and with it a chance to win our first series.:mad:

Cricket46
May 16, 2004, 09:16 AM
Did anyone hear anywhere about the anticipated delay? Meaning, how long? Otherwise, I could do some stuff on this Sunday morning, instead of staying glued to my monitor.

bd_cricket
May 16, 2004, 09:21 AM
I only can follow the first innings today. And unfortunately its raining....
Pls somebody (who are watching on tv)pls say how long it might take to start.

rana
May 16, 2004, 09:25 AM
umpire decided that each team will play 25 overs then declare

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 09:28 AM

Whats the source?

abhs
May 16, 2004, 09:32 AM
The start of the second one-day international at Kingstown was delayed by light drizzle. It wasn't enough to prevent the groundstaff and various players milling around the outfield, but it kept the tarpaulins in place.

West Indies will still be reflecting on how close they came to being beaten by supposed no-hopers Bangladesh yesterday. Only some lusty hitting from Ian Bradshaw, and a few jitters as the finishing line approached from the Banglas, enabled them to get out of jail.

The two sides are expected to be unchanged, but the teams won't be decided until the toss.

West Indies (from) Chris Gayle, Ricardo Powell, >>>>>>>>>>>>>> (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/MAY/147327_WIBDESH2004_16MAY2004.html)

Ahmed_B
May 16, 2004, 09:34 AM
is it same as match-1??

# Kapali really shoud be kept out.

# Opening pair is working?... Hannan need to pair up with Rana mayb.

# we need a better batting performance today.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by crickethorizon]

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 09:35 AM
yesterday we played (bangladeshi team) against an indian team and lost by 1 run and then found out bd lost by 1 wk. dmmm our luck

abhs
May 16, 2004, 09:40 AM
http://www.windiescricket.com/Images/bangladesh2/wi_bang_arnos_vale_rain040516pp.jpg

Conditions are wet and overcast and there is no immediate chance of play.

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 09:40 AM
read this..

A lawsuit was filed in the Antigua Supreme Court against the WICB by thousands of Windies fans. The plaintiffs are claiming usd 3million for medical bills, and a further 7 million for emotional and mental stress. The suit alleges that due to the inconsistent performance of the Windies team over the past decade including yesterday, many fans have spent thousands of dollars on medical bills due to high blood pressure and cardiac conditions. The fans are holding the board resposible failing to provide the proper infrastucture for the preparation of the players for the international arena.Furthermore for poor selection of players,coaches, and management.The fans claim that the emotional stress as a result of poor performances by the team is irrepararable. Many fans have described waking up late in the night in cold sweat shouting," oh shite not 47 all out"

This is an unprecedented landmark case.Stay tuned for more.

source (http://caribbeancricket.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24958):)

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by reverse_swing]

rana
May 16, 2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by akabir77

Whats the source?

this source from bbc

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 09:47 AM
Thank God these people are not Bangladeshi cricket fans!! Otherwise they would have died a long time ago :lol:

abhs
May 16, 2004, 09:49 AM
Bangladesh's second one-day international against West Indies was delayed by drizzle in St Vincent.

Umpires David Shepherd and Billy Doctrove were waiting for the drizzles to halt before making an inspection to determine a new start time.

Each side must face 25 overs for the match to be declared official. The third match is ............>>>>> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3719219.stm)

mahbubH
May 16, 2004, 09:59 AM
guys any update from TV

Cricket46
May 16, 2004, 10:01 AM
Thank God these people are not Bangladeshi cricket fans!! Otherwise they would have died a long time ago :lol:

That is funny!

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 10:01 AM
still drizzling. possibility of complete washout!

-CBC radio

WI2debone
May 16, 2004, 10:09 AM

Yuh think?????:lol:

oracle
May 16, 2004, 10:17 AM
It is pouring down hard. I mean hard. It is a downpour, not a drizzle.

I did'nt bother to go to the ground.

Offtopic: Meanwhile, I am preoccupied with an exciting poker game between a Canadian sailor, a Vincentian boatboy and a suspicious looking New Yorker, who happens to be a psychiatrist.

Will give updates as situation improves.:)

Beamer
May 16, 2004, 10:22 AM
its almost a two hour delay now. I see very little prospect of the match today..this bites.

fais
May 16, 2004, 10:28 AM
this seems like zimbabwe again where most of the matches got washed out

rana
May 16, 2004, 10:40 AM
conditions are wet and overcast right now .and there is no immedite chance of play

cricinfo

SS
May 16, 2004, 10:44 AM
:mad:
all cuz of top order we lost

Rubu
May 16, 2004, 10:44 AM
is ICC just ignore bangladesh? looks like they design our tour to the off seasons to any country where the playing chances are not too high. we've to deal with rain every series.

rana
May 16, 2004, 10:57 AM
oh it takes too long

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 10:59 AM
no cricket today.

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 10:59 AM
ARe you sure reverse swing? Can you post the source of your update?

rana
May 16, 2004, 11:04 AM
rain has stopped now .

cricinfo

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 11:06 AM
that was my personal opinion.

boundary area is still wet. groundsmen are working hard. Officials may reduce boundary area 1/2 meters.
-CBC Radio

al Furqaan
May 16, 2004, 11:07 AM
"Conditions are wet and overcast right now, and there is no immediate chance of play. Rain has stopped now, Umpires are out in the middle and they are inspecting the pitch condition now. there is a chance for 25 overs per side if there is no further Rain"

- cricinfo.com

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 11:07 AM
finally some positive news :)
anything for a cricket game.

Upal
May 16, 2004, 11:08 AM
damn...25 overs a side really favours the west indies. They have many more big hitters than us...it will be really tough to win this game if a 25 over game is decided.

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 11:10 AM
25 over game .. hmm chances for bd team to win now 60 to 40... :-/

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 11:11 AM
Upal! I don't know but I feel strangely optimistic about this scenario...somehow I don't see our bowling (being on the slower side) on a slow pitch that conducive to big hitting. Lets see. I want to see another fight today.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by pompous]

capslock
May 16, 2004, 11:12 AM
25 over favours us, we might get lucky and some of Bashar's heaves may actually connect for once.

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 11:13 AM
final decision not before 1PM(Eastern caribbean time)

AsifTheManRahman
May 16, 2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Upal
damn...25 overs a side really favours the west indies. They have many more big hitters than us...it will be really tough to win this game if a 25 over game is decided.

correct a mundo

rana
May 16, 2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by reverse_swing

where did you get this source

chinaman
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040516/capt.vct10205161423.st_vincent_west_indies_cricket _vct102.jpg

A groundmen removes water from the pitch at Arnos Vale Playing Field in Kingstown, St. Vincent, Sunday, May 16, 2004. Rain delayed the second one-day International game between the West Indies and Bangladesh, that was due to begin early. It was unclear when play would start. (AP Photo/Chris Brandis)

reverse_swing

CBC RADIO

chinaman
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040516/capt.vct10305161422.st_vincent_west_indies_cricket _vct103.jpg

Groundmen removes water from the pitch at Arnos Vale Playing Field in Kingstown, St. Vincent, Sunday, May 16, 2004. Rain delayed the second one-day International game between the West Indies and Bangladesh, that was due to begin early. It was unclear when play would start. (AP Photo/Chris Brandis)

chinaman
May 16, 2004, 11:19 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040516/capt.vct10105161424.st_vincent_west_indies_cricket _vct101.jpg

Unidentified frustrated cricket fans watch as groundmen remove water from the pitch at Arnos Vale Playing Field in Kingstown, St. Vincent, Sunday, May 16, 2004. Rain delayed the second one-day International game between the West Indies and Bangladesh, that was due to begin early. It was unclear when play would start. (AP Photo/Chris Brandis)

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 11:20 AM
cbc radio is giving updates every 30 mins.

right now I'm enjoying caribbean music;)

Upal
May 16, 2004, 11:21 AM
Upal! I don't know but I feel strangely optimistic about this scenario...somehow I don't see our bowling (being on the slower side) on a slow pitch that conducive to big hitting. Lets see. I want to see another fight today.

well, let's just hope chanderpaul starts out real, real slow, and just as he decides to get going, he gets OUT! :) Then, we would have a real good chance of winning :fanflag:

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 11:34 AM
Umpires are out in field and checking the condition.. Keep your finger crossed...
.. source VOB:fire:

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by akabir77]

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 11:35 AM
Conditions are wet and overcast right now, and there is no immediate chance of play.Rain has stopped now, Umpires are out in the middle and they are inspecting the pitch condition now.
-cricinfo

Navarene
May 16, 2004, 11:36 AM
"The latest time play can start is 1.40pm local time, 5.40pm GMT"

yahooooo

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Navarene
"The latest time play can start is 1.40pm local time, 5.40pm GMT"

yahooooo

If there is no further rain

fwullah
May 16, 2004, 11:49 AM
1 PM Eastern Caribbean Time means what in Bangladesh Time?

The game lasted until 3 in the morning Bangaldesh Time yesterday and the post lunch session started at around 12 midnight Bangladesh Time.

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
1 PM Eastern Caribbean Time means what in Bangladesh Time?

The game lasted until 3 in the morning Bangaldesh Time yesterday and the post lunch session started at around 12 midnight Bangladesh Time.

Bd time 11:40 Am

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 11:53 AM

11:40 AM!!

11:40 PM I think

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 11:55 AM

yeah you are right though the link shows am maybe i selected the wrong time of the day as its a 24 hr clock...

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 11:56 AM
any video links working? :-/

al Furqaan
May 16, 2004, 12:00 PM
how much longer is the inspection gonna last?

and what are the rules for a 25 over match. do players have a 5 over bowling limit?

sadhat
May 16, 2004, 12:06 PM

yeah you are right though the link shows am maybe i selected the wrong time of the day as its a 24 hr clock...
Please go there, it will show what time it is in Kingstown

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=731

sadhat
May 16, 2004, 12:08 PM
If game starts at 1:40 local time then we have 34 more mins to wait for the game.

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 12:08 PM
5:40 gmt = 11:40pm bd time

sadhat
May 16, 2004, 12:11 PM
5:40 gmt = 11:40pm bd time
yeap you are right. 11:40pm

nasifkhan
May 16, 2004, 12:19 PM
Just came to know that BD have won the toss and put Windies to bat.

Source :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1084727662-10276.15%40forum2.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1084727662-10276.15%40forum2.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=tms.international&sort=Te

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 12:19 PM
and we will BOWL

25 over match

Source: carin msg board (http://www.caribbeancricket.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24976)

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 12:21 PM
ahh at last!!:fire:

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 12:24 PM
Bashar won the toss

al Furqaan
May 16, 2004, 12:24 PM
what is the score? has play even started yet?

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 12:25 PM
cricinfo as usal late.. any audio or video links working?

Nascer
May 16, 2004, 12:27 PM
Is it confirmed?

nasifkhan
May 16, 2004, 12:28 PM
Yes Confirmed.

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 12:28 PM
Hoi Hoi Roi Roi ... :fire: :fire:

rassel
May 16, 2004, 12:29 PM
:cool2:

Nascer
May 16, 2004, 12:29 PM
nasifkhan:
what time the game starts?

rezwan
May 16, 2004, 12:31 PM
why hasnt ten sports started showing the coverage after the rain delay?

nasifkhan
May 16, 2004, 12:31 PM
hope fully....11:40 BD time....5:40 GMT

Nascer
May 16, 2004, 12:32 PM
nasifkhan:
Thanks! :)
Is there any changes in BD squad?

nasifkhan
May 16, 2004, 12:35 PM
Now Tensports has started its live telecast.

Nascer
May 16, 2004, 12:36 PM
nasifkhan:
Thanks! :)
Is there any changes in BD squad?

nasifkhan
May 16, 2004, 12:36 PM
the weather Looks OK..

the sky is quite clear.

rassel
May 16, 2004, 12:37 PM
is this our first 25 over match?:-/

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by rassel
is this our first 25 over match?:-/

I think so...I don't remember any matches where we got all out within 25 overs!

al Furqaan
May 16, 2004, 12:39 PM
we played 25 over in 97 against kenya in ICC finals :) and won!!!

that was before i knew anything about cricket...haha americans and their sports.

nasifkhan
May 16, 2004, 12:39 PM
Micheal Holding says the pitch will play like yesterday.

And Sarwan wants to win this one easily

One change .....Bidyut OUT Hannan IN

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 12:40 PM
so last chance for Kapali

Emad03
May 16, 2004, 12:41 PM
Nasifkhan are u watching the match on TV?

Arnab
May 16, 2004, 12:41 PM
Working radio links on the tour homepage:

http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/WI2004/

Only the spice islander link working now.

Radio Guyana is playing hindi songs!

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Arnab]

Rubu
May 16, 2004, 12:42 PM
bd won the toss and decide to bat? why? on this wet pitch? and i also think d/L method helps who bats second. in case there is any more rain. i don't understand.

or is it just because we are good at saving a target?

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 12:43 PM
"0.1 Tapash Baisya to Gayle, no run, on the leg stump, defended"

*cricinfo

the game has started guys!!

nasifkhan
yeah watching it TV

kronikz_killa
SO I M GUESSING STILL NO LIVE VIDEO FEED AVAILABLE?

Rubu
cricinfo is confused. says taposh is bowling and then says bd bat first.

any audio link thats broadcasing? VOB is not.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by AgentSmith]

rassel
May 16, 2004, 12:45 PM
Itís going to interesting game for us! Our batsmen want to smack the ball all the time. This is the chance. Letís us see what can they do today.

Emad03
it Crapinfo not icricinfo!

dorbesh
West Indies 2/0 (1.0/25 ov)
spaceislander also playing music! what the heck!

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 12:46 PM
1.1 over 2 runs

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 12:47 PM
cbc900 is working

kronikz_killa
May 16, 2004, 12:47 PM
wuz CBC900??

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 12:49 PM
Both openers bowling well (so far)!

Piranha
May 16, 2004, 12:50 PM
Radio commentary says the sun is out...that seems to be good

akabir77
2 ov 2 runs good strat

dorbesh
4 runs from 2 overs..not bad start fr the bowlers in 25 ov match!

akabir77
2.2 Tapash Baisya to Gayle, no run, pitched on the legstump, moving
away, Gayle tries to defend but opens up and gets completely
beaten

Tiger
WI 4 runs in 2.2 overs!

Tiger
May 16, 2004, 12:51 PM
2.2 Tapash Baisya to Gayle, no run, pitched on the legstump, moving
away, Gayle tries to defend but opens up and gets completely
beaten

lovely!

reverse_swing
Originally posted by Arnab

Radio Guyana is playing hindi songs!

bcs that site is running by uk based indian origin west indians

WI2debone
Hey guys!!!! Best wishes for today!!!:fire:

Rubu
i'd ask for SUJON as the first strike bowler. mind it, this is the parfect situation for him. slow wet pitch and doesn't matter wicket if u can keep the run check.

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Piranha
Radio commentary says the sun is out...that seems to be good

which radio? wots the link bro? i am listening hindi (carpy) on guyana air

Piranha
So far, we havent given away too mnay runs...really need to keep this up

akabir77
almost a catch . maidain over 4 of 3 overs

Emad03
Hey guys!!!! Best wishes for today!!!:fire:

thanks and same to u

al Furqaan
May 16, 2004, 12:53 PM
yeah in 25 overs we should score at 5 or 6 an over...hopefully more

dorbesh
cool:)

Tiger
gayle is having trouble!!

Rubu
by taposh! good job.

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 12:55 PM
anyone knows a link of radio or video??

Piranha
WI2debone, good to have you back among us.
Good luck to you guys...and may the best team win...err, I mean may Bangladesh win
;)

Emad03
yes try this

mms://abs-m1.act2000.net/abs

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 12:56 PM
8 runs 4 over

tosh
ok this one going to be a competitive game again today. I hope Gayle don't give away his wicket, if he stays there we making 200 from 25 overs.:fire:

WI2debone
WI2debone, good to have you back among us.
Good luck to you guys...and may the best team win...err, I mean may Bangladesh win
;)

Alrite Piranha ... I say may the better team win .... whichever that one is today!!!

sage
WI2debone! Good to see ya. You rule!

Piranha
May 16, 2004, 12:58 PM
Dorbesh...try this :
http://stream.caribsurf.com/star1

Its VOB and so far its working for me.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Piranha]

akabir77
Conditions and the breeze helping the bowlers... cricinfo

dorbesh
Originally posted by Emad03
yes try this

Thanks fr the link...it works:)

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 12:59 PM
4.1 Tapash Baisya to Powell, no run, pitched outside off stump, batsman
goes for the big drive but gets Beaten

al Furqaan
WI2debone, what is the wheather gonna look like for wednesdays ODI in grenada???

is there any chance of rain? if so, what per cent?

betaar
sujon shoulda opened as he's the only one who swung the ball yesterday.

akabir77
sound quality wise cbc radio is better

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 01:00 PM
catch!!!! but no short

sage
May 16, 2004, 01:00 PM
4.1 Tapash Baisya to Powell, no run, pitched outside off stump, batsman
goes for the big drive but gets beaten

Conditions and the breeze helping the bowlers

Piranha
May 16, 2004, 01:01 PM
Mushfiqur Rahman to Powell, two runs, pitched on the off stump, good length ball, lofted straight over the bowlers head, heavy outfield slows the ball down

Batting is going to be very tough today. I think that helps our bowlers a lot. But will it murder our batsmen? I hope the outfield dries soon.

tosh
May 16, 2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Emad03
yes try this

Thanks fr the link...it works:)

is this video or audio?

dorbesh
May 16, 2004, 01:02 PM
Dorbesh...try this :

Its VOB and so far its working for me.

Dosen't work for me..but thanks for the link :)

anything under 4/ov is good for us!

Emad03
its audio

Zobair
good controlled bowling right now!

dorbesh
4! damn

WI2debone
May 16, 2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by al Furqaan
WI2debone, what is the wheather gonna look like for wednesdays ODI in grenada???

is there any chance of rain? if so, what per cent?

don't know dear .... I'm not in the Caribbean .... but I'll keep you posted if I hear anything untoward!

Zobair
damnn...just as I posted a short bad ball...dispatched for the first 4!

rassel
Originally posted by tosh
ok this one going to be a competitive game again today. I hope Gayle don't give away his wicket, if he stays there we making 200 from 25 overs.:fire: :

can even make 144; 200 in 25 overs :wow::drool:

Tiger
IT'S STARTING TO DRIZZLE AGAIN!!!!! noooooooooo

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 01:04 PM
200! HAH! we will see won't we :ninja:

dorbesh
OUT OUT!!:fire::fire:

chinaman
OUT

Zobair
GAYLE GONE

Rubu

OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTT

WI2debone
Gayle gone!!!:fire:

Piranha
May 16, 2004, 01:05 PM
Gayle gone...aweeesooome

akabir77
gone:fire::fire:

Hasibul
OUT:fanflag:

Tiger
more info people!! who's out??????

rassel
May 16, 2004, 01:06 PM
OUT OUT!!:fire::fire:

gayle sucks! :P

Tiger
hahahahaha!!!

dorbesh
First blood :flag: go:fanflag:go

Arnab
Smith in.

Piranha
Musffique got gayle...caught somewhere in the deep i think

Hasibul
May 16, 2004, 01:07 PM
Which 1 is the fastet live scorecard:-/

Piranha
Chacha bowling now.

Rubu
sujon in. i've feelng that he'll rock today. this is an ideal condition for him.

RazabQ
May 16, 2004, 01:08 PM
"Oi Rafique - edikey", Shephard going "come on lads ..."

Awesome ...

rassel
i see couple of duck today# 1 chanda
#2 :-/

dorbesh
5.5 Mushfiqur Rahman to Gayle, OUT: OUT!pitched on the off stump, short
delivery , Powell goes for the pull but straight to the midwicket
fielder's throat

powell? cricinfo suks :P

akabir77
May 16, 2004, 01:09 PM
5.5 Mushfiqur Rahman to Gayle, OUT: OUT!pitched on the off stump, short
delivery , Powell goes for the pull but straight to the midwicket
fielder's throat

cricinfo gone crazy says powel goes for pull

Hasibul
Which 1 is the fastet live scorecard:-/:fire:

rassel
Run Rate : 2.84: not good enough for 200

akabir77
Originally posted by Hasibul

Bangla cricket chat room :great:

rassel
May 16, 2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Hasibul

cricketnext

Rubu
to anyway who knows the answer. is there any way to listen VOB without a computer from usa (michigan?). i've to go to work now and can't sit infront of the pc.

Tiger

Phew...the way Gayle played during the previous WI tour of Bangladesh, I thought he is a very good batsman. I guess back then we were crap! Now he can't even reach double figures against us! :lol:

WI2debone
May 16, 2004, 01:12 PM

Phew...the way Gayle played during the previous WI tour of Bangladesh, I though he is a very good batsman. I guess back then we were crap! Now he can't even reach double figures against us! :lol:

Taking nothing away from BD ... Gayle is in a slump right now .... started on the England tour

Tiger
chacha into the attack now!

sadhat
Originally posted by razabq
"Oi Rafique - edikey", Shephard going "come on lads ..."

Awesome ...
Where you listening? Please give the link if you have it. thanks

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 01:14 PM
It is sunny again :)

betaar
why did Bashar take Tapash away, 5 runs in 3 overs,

that's just stupid.

Arnab

Phew...the way Gayle played during the previous WI tour of Bangladesh, I though he is a very good batsman. I guess back then we were crap! Now he can't even reach double figures against us! :lol:

Taking nothing away from BD ... Gayle is in a slump right now .... started on the England tour

Gayle is plain lucky to have scored that many runs with such an atrocious technique. His feet don't move at all. He will only get worse as he ages and his eye-hand coordination wanes.

reinausagi
May 16, 2004, 01:15 PM
Run Rate : 2.84: not good enough for 200

It's a 25 over match...

akabir77
Originally posted by BETAAR
why did Bashar take Tapash away, 5 runs in 3 overs,

that's just stupid.

Cause 5 over max i think

dorbesh
damn..4!

Rubu
gotta get powder outa pow pow. he started to hit. need to get him out soon.

Zobair
Guys! what do you think is a gettable target? 130? 140? 150?

RazabQ
May 16, 2004, 01:16 PM
Bashar has to save Taposh for the final overs right?

As to the radio link, I believe it's one of the mms:// something one. Been posted a # of times. Just go back a few pages...