PDA

View Full Version : What Brought You to BC?

aklemalp
April 25, 2017, 08:07 PM
In a civil and gentle way, please write a few lines about what attracted you to this forum.

I stumbled upon it a while back in 2009 when BD beat my Windies. I loved the fight they put up against this team that comprised Roach, future 2-time WC winning skipper Sammy,etc

So, I can't remember if I googled Banglacricket forum or I typed 'Shakib's name' and one of the results featured BC forum's webpage...

So here I am, approaching 8 years and 13000 posts later.

Your turn.

brockley
April 25, 2017, 10:10 PM
Um,to find out about Bangladesh cricket.
I liked it, so I stayed.:)

aklemalp
April 25, 2017, 11:19 PM
Um,to find out about Bangladesh cricket.
I liked it, so I stayed.:)

That's a very genuine answer and honest. I like it:up::)

brockley
April 26, 2017, 12:47 AM
Thanx,there is a good spirit here.:)
And discussion of other topics.
And didn't mind the Islam thing,had a good friend at University who was a Muslim 20 years ago,real sincere guy.

aklemalp
April 26, 2017, 11:09 AM
^^ I tend to stay away from anything that is about religion in a cricket forum.

I'm here for the cricket discussions and the comradery

Shingara
April 26, 2017, 02:58 PM
To comment about players and why some don't get selected and to also moan about poor strategies during matches

aklemalp
April 27, 2017, 09:53 AM
To comment about players and why some don't get selected and to also moan about poor strategies during matches

Seems like a good ploy.:)

Zeeshan
April 27, 2017, 10:11 AM
Re directed from CI comment I think. Liked it. Stayed.

aklemalp
April 27, 2017, 12:01 PM
Re directed from CI comment I think. Liked it. Stayed.

So there were a few BC members of that time making comments on CI?

Another question, how has the quality of comments on that site improved or deteriorated?

simon
April 27, 2017, 02:31 PM
I dont know.
I think I was looking for live links and probably ended up in a match thread.
Honestly I have no idea.

Zeeshan
April 27, 2017, 03:54 PM
So there were a few BC members of that time making comments on CI?

Another question, how has the quality of comments on that site improved or deteriorated?

Actually there was a great relationship and communication between BC and CI before. Miraz bhai, Abu bhai, Rabeed Imam they were the veteranos who pioneered article-publishing there before I made it trendy. :p And then Isam came and exploded onto the scene.

No. BC members weren't making comments referring to BC. In fact CI commentators would sometimes give shoutout to BC and that's how I noticed it.

Funny thing is the simple idea that Bangladesh cricket might have a forum didn't even run through my mind (and perhaps many others) so I never even bothered to Google it.

BC is kinda low-key, inclusive to elite (lol) and I like it that way. Last thing Tehsin should do is sell this to BCB for 8 billion dollar revenue and completely crash this site with every frikkin tom, dick and harry joining the forum all the way from Nilphamari riddling the posts with expletive laden Bangla cuss.. non sensical India-Pakistan thumping braggadocio or even self-loathing posts of bashing own country... (No hate against Nilphamari though) .

Zeeshan
April 27, 2017, 03:58 PM
Funny thing is imdb ended their career, yet BC survived the Facebook bubble!! :lol:

aklemalp
April 27, 2017, 04:11 PM
Actually there was a great relationship and communication between BC and CI before. Miraz bhai, Abu bhai, Rabeed Imam they were the veteranos who pioneered article-publishing there before I made it trendy. :p And then Isam came and exploded onto the scene.

No. BC members weren't making comments referring to BC. In fact CI commentators would sometimes give shoutout to BC and that's how I noticed it.

Funny thing is the simple idea that Bangladesh cricket might have a forum didn't even run through my mind (and perhaps many others) so I never even bothered to Google it.

BC is kinda low-key, inclusive to elite (lol) and I like it that way. Last thing Tehsin should do is sell this to BCB for 8 billion dollar revenue and completely crash this site with every frikkin tom, dick and harry joining the forum all the way from Nilphamari riddling the posts with expletive laden Bangla cuss.. non sensical India-Pakistan thumping braggadocio or even self-loathing posts of bashing own country... (No hate against Nilphamari though) .

Those were the times when Cricinfo was Cricinfo and not ESPNCricinfo. I used to be there often before I joined BC. I was there for the scores and less for the articles(I hated reading). So I may have completely missed those wonderful articles about Bangladesh cricket from smart and intelligent people like Miraz bhai, et all.

Since, the rise in registration on this forum, we have seen less of those members mentioned earlier...

A temporary sabbathical...or like some others, left the forum for good.

So, a new culture has developed and that there are less intelligent discussions is an eyebrow raiser. There are more aggressive people in this modern world...aggressive in a sense that their online presence is somewhat alpha-male-ish.

This is turn contribute to a lot of 'noise'...

A renaissance in article publishing would be a great thing for this forum...

Hope we get those free minds soon.:up:

ReZ_1
April 29, 2017, 08:18 AM
The search for shakib brought me here. Although I made account after quite a long period of time.

aklemalp
April 29, 2017, 08:43 AM
The search for shakib brought me here. Although I made account after quite a long period of time.

I felt the same way about other sites.

Just visiting them as guests. Never had the time to make an account.

view360
May 1, 2017, 12:31 PM
It was the gateway to Bangladeshi cricket news from a country where cricket was not known. Bangladeshi media would provide very little input in term of cricket and cric info was another source.

adamnsu
May 1, 2017, 12:49 PM
I came as some of my Bangladeshi friends introduced it as a place for Bangladesh's game highlights. Those days were amazing as we would eagerly await the highlights and check after every hour!

It was especially important for me as I just came back seeing Bangladesh beat Australia

bujhee kom
May 3, 2017, 11:15 AM
I was searching for Halaal meat on the web...and stumbled upon here.

Fazal
May 4, 2017, 10:51 AM
Pagol... chagol.... nanan kisimer manush shobi shadaron jinish neye jogra kore abar kolo koli kore... dekte mojayee lage.

aklemalp
May 4, 2017, 02:58 PM
I was searching for Halaal meat on the web...and stumbled upon here.

Did you managed to find the halaal meat?

Nocturnal
May 5, 2017, 02:40 AM
12 years now ... Lets see .. most likely searching (Google) BD cricket related news and this forum popped up ... followed​ it for a while & and the day BD beat mighty Ricky Ponting's team I had to signed up! Never left the site since then. Keep coming everyday of the week atleast for a short while! Meet some amazing cricket minds!

aklemalp
May 17, 2017, 04:10 PM
12 years now ... Lets see .. most likely searching (Google) BD cricket related news and this forum popped up ... followed​ it for a while & and the day BD beat mighty Ricky Ponting's team I had to signed up! Never left the site since then. Keep coming everyday of the week atleast for a short while! Meet some amazing cricket minds!

I'm always curious as to know how many cricket fans were inspired by this victory over the mighty Australia.

Now, that's a love story. Truly appreciated.:)

DinRaat.
May 17, 2017, 09:53 PM
Food for thought, those of you going to watch CT or Tri series, make a banner and wave it around, with the BC name or something

Nocturnal
May 19, 2017, 02:31 AM
Food for thought, those of you going to watch CT or Tri series, make a banner and wave it around, with the BC name or something

Done all that many years ago! 2008 - Vs NZ - 1st ODI - We won - 22 BC members & friends watched​ the match live from the stands - amazing story - Tshirt / BC Banner etc etc ... Still remember like yesterday ...Good times!!

Thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=27885

Fast Forward to post # 171 ..
Posted lots of pics too ... they might be all disappeared though!