PDA

View Full Version : BD bowling really is world-class

Upal
May 16, 2004, 07:53 AM
Our batting definitely needs plenty of work, but nobody can say anything bad about our bowling. We are consistently restricting test innings' to under 400 and we are keeping teams to under 200 (or defending a total of under 200 incredibly) in ODI's.

One of the main reasons for this is because our left arm spinners are really unique in world cricket. Which other test team has so many quality left arm spinners like Rafique, junior, rana, and rajjak? Rafique is probably the top left arm spinner in the world and since other teams hardly ever run into such spinners, we are at a huge advantage. Also, our pacers (mostly medium pace) are quite effective in ODI's as they can keep it tight and restrict the runs, which often lulls the batsman into playing a loose shot. Yes, chacha is a great ODI bowler and should not be replaced (useless in tests though). Then if you add in Masri, a great young fast bowler, our bowling side is quite formidable. In fact, its quite possibly better than the WI bowling side at the moment.

Just imagine if our batsmen could put up 250 each match in ODI's...we would be winning so many matches...and so comfortably!

Mahmood
May 16, 2004, 09:40 AM
Well, I am not so sure about that.

I am very scared that any day Rana will be reported for throwing.

Sujon, I have no idea what happened to him. If this will be his regular play, even I want him in the test team.

Other than these 2, our bowling is still very weak.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Rajputro]

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 10:01 AM
raana bhai?! why would rana be reported for throwing?!?!? :wow:

Sujon's success in the ODIs is because he is bowling an immaculate line, making scoring very difficult, and since the pressure is in ODI to score quick runs, he is getting his successes. His is ideal ODI bowling. In tests though that won't help. Nobody will throw their wickets awy under the pressure to up the rate. His pace is too docile to be a strike bowler in tests. No to shujon in tests IMO. Yes to him in ODIs.

fwullah
May 16, 2004, 11:14 AM
Sujon is doing well only because he wants to stay until the world cup 2007 and Rana is bowling well because this is his debut season, and as we know from all our debut seasoned players like Tapash, Ashraful, Kapali, Rajin etc. that they play like over-the-moon in their maiden year of International cricket.

Then they either come into terms or start to suck - but lets wait until that time comes for Rajin/Rana and enjoy their debut season for the moment.

AsifTheManRahman
May 16, 2004, 11:15 AM
Our bowling is definitely pretty good. However, I am not sure whether it's world class.

Zobair
May 16, 2004, 11:45 AM
Fahmida! why are you so cynical about everything? You sound like my mother! :rolleyes:

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by pompous]

reverse_swing
May 16, 2004, 11:47 AM
I like her weird comments

sage
May 16, 2004, 12:09 PM
Is Fahmida and SS related?

Upal
May 16, 2004, 02:30 PM
c'mon now, restricting WI to 124-7 in a 25 over match...that's gotta be world-class :fanflag:

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Upal]

Pundit
May 16, 2004, 03:02 PM
Appearently, bowling change seems to be one of our weaker points. And Bashar seems to have inherited that ! Appearently also, he seems to be a fast learner, both on and off field wise.

Piranha
May 16, 2004, 04:33 PM
Too bad bashar hasnt learned anything about batting since he first started playing.

BangladeshFan
May 16, 2004, 04:37 PM
i can hardly agree to that. The left arm spin seems to be the only strength but you cant call a bowling lineup strong from just one aspect. Bangladesh has no fast bowling stregth and even no good off or leggie.
Originally posted by Upal
Our batting definitely needs plenty of work, but nobody can say anything bad about our bowling. We are consistently restricting test innings' to under 400 and we are keeping teams to under 200 (or defending a total of under 200 incredibly) in ODI's.

One of the main reasons for this is because our left arm spinners are really unique in world cricket. Which other test team has so many quality left arm spinners like Rafique, junior, rana, and rajjak? Rafique is probably the top left arm spinner in the world and since other teams hardly ever run into such spinners, we are at a huge advantage. Also, our pacers (mostly medium pace) are quite effective in ODI's as they can keep it tight and restrict the runs, which often lulls the batsman into playing a loose shot. Yes, chacha is a great ODI bowler and should not be replaced (useless in tests though). Then if you add in Masri, a great young fast bowler, our bowling side is quite formidable. In fact, its quite possibly better than the WI bowling side at the moment.

Just imagine if our batsmen could put up 250 each match in ODI's...we would be winning so many matches...and so comfortably!

AsifTheManRahman
May 16, 2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
i can hardly agree to that. The left arm spin seems to be the only strength but you cant call a bowling lineup strong from just one aspect. Bangladesh has no fast bowling stregth and even no good off or leggie.

our fast bowlers are injured, but once they're in action - onek bhalo batsmanero buk dhuk dhuk kore

BangladeshFan
May 16, 2004, 04:54 PM
i dont know which bangladeshi fast bowler can make a internatioal batsman "buk dhor dhor". Can you name one? Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

our fast bowlers are injured, but once they're in action - onek bhalo batsmanero buk dhuk dhuk kore

rafiq
May 16, 2004, 04:59 PM
There's just one- Mashrafee bin Murtoza, who on a good day is pretty good.

Tehsin
May 16, 2004, 05:25 PM
Let's not forget these two. Bowled well so far. In two matches:

Tapash 11-2-41-5 (if only he was allowed to finish his full 10 over sin the first match)
Sujon 15-3-46-3

When Masri comes back, he and Tapash can give us the breakthrough's we need. Rafique didn't do too well in these two matches but he spins a few wicked one from time to time.

Nasif
May 16, 2004, 10:52 PM
i dont know which bangladeshi fast bowler can make a internatioal batsman "buk dhor dhor". Can you name one?

Masri it is
<a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/profile.php?name=mashrafe>Read Profile</a>
<a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/picture.php?p=64>See The Narail Express</a>

crickwizard
May 17, 2004, 02:15 AM
Banglades bowling is very hopeful and getting/will get more respect day by day but we still do not have a match winner, neither bowling nor batting.

Batting mentality is really shocking, some of our casual league batsmen in seattle shows more responsibility when they bat for team

Hasib
May 17, 2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by nasif
i dont know which bangladeshi fast bowler can make a internatioal batsman "buk dhor dhor". Can you name one?

Masri it is
<a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/profile.php?name=mashrafe>Read Profile</a>
<a href=http://games.banglacricket.com/picture.php?p=64>See The Narail Express</a>

According to Justin Langer... even the Aussies were worried by him...:bravo:

ZaKi
May 17, 2004, 07:15 AM
Mashrafi is a world class fast medium bolwer. it's ok. as Rafiq is also a world class Spinner. But, Rest of them ? Sujon,Rana, Mushfiq, Tapash ? no, i don't think so. May be they r using pitch & weather condition of Kingstown. Coz, that pitch is very simillar to most of the Bangladeshi Pitches.
Though they r not world class bolwer, they played very well last 2 ODI. What u think ?:-/

billah
May 17, 2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ZaKi
Mashrafi is a world class fast medium bolwer. it's ok. as Rafiq is also a world class Spinner. But, Rest of them ? Sujon,Rana, Mushfiq, Tapash ? no, i don't think so. May be they r using pitch & weather condition of Kingstown. Coz, that pitch is very simillar to most of the Bangladeshi Pitches.
Though they r not world class bolwer, they played very well last 2 ODI. What u think ?:-/

I have to disagree, if you think Kingstown pitch is like BD pitch, you would be really off. Dhaka has a history of high scoring games, the exact opposite of the WI one. They both have low bounce, but the ball turns better, it seems in WI.

bdmoderator
September 4, 2004, 02:58 AM
Not Wrold Class, I think near to World Class. But Future is well.

kkakash
September 4, 2004, 03:24 AM
Very silly, Bd bowlers are not world class. If they were first class then they would prevented scotland from winning today. Our entire team in not world class.

we should just watch cricket not participate.

fwullah
September 4, 2004, 03:24 AM
bdmoderator, you have done well to bring out this post from nowhere.

So how would you rate our bowlers after the loss to Scotland?

Mueid
September 4, 2004, 07:15 AM
our bowlers have performed well throughout..it had alwez been our batting that let us down..yesterday our batsmen performed well but our bowlers cudnt bowl there best. just becoz of one match u cant say that our bowling hasnt improved or is nowhere near world class..i do think our bowlers r very good..yesterday was just an exception

IanW
September 4, 2004, 09:32 AM
Mashrafe and Shahadat opening the bowling, with Rafique as the left-arm slow is plenty good enough to win test matches.

One day cricket is different - you need 5 good bowlers, where 'good' means 'can bowl line and length'.

Ignore one-day cricket : short of a World Cup, no-one really cares.

Concentrate on training bowlers who can win Test matches, then on training bowlers who can win Test series.

After that ... then you can put together a B-team to win one-day cricket matches, just like the Australians do.

Remember, it's a lot easier to turn a good Test cricketer into a good one-day cricketer than the other way around.

Ian Whitchurch

Upal
September 4, 2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by kkakash
Very silly, Bd bowlers are not world class. If they were first class then they would prevented scotland from winning today. Our entire team in not world class.

we should just watch cricket not participate.

oh plzzzz. Ireland chased down a total of almost 300 against the WI just a few weeks ago. These things happen, get over it. Moreover, we didnt have our two best fast bowlers, Masri and Tapash. Surely they would've taken some wickets and would have definitely bowled better at the death. There's no reason to start questioning our bowling just because of a bad game here and there by the bowling department. Overall, our bowling is consistent at a world class level in most of the matches.

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 4, 2004, 10:15 AM
well kkash .....................
bd bolers might not be world class....but i will also say that they are not too far away from being world class. against scotland you have to see that we didnt even play our best bolers. mashrafee sharif rajjak wasnt there...........

al Furqaan
September 4, 2004, 10:30 AM
i think our fielding makes our already great bowling look like its world class...when we drop catches our bowling looks a little bit crappier.

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 4, 2004, 02:12 PM
akjon shommanito mohila shodoshho ai forum a itipurbe akti boktobbo diyechilen jar moddhe tini bolechen, "Sujon is doing well only because he wants to stay until the world cup 2007"

manoniyo shai mohila shodoshho (fahmida) tar kache ami jante chaibo je ai kothati ki shujon chacha take phone kore naki email a janiyechilo. jodi email a janiye thake tahole ami onurodh korbo shai email ar ai boktobboti jeno tini ai forum ar moddhe uposthapon koren. dannabad.

Tehsin
September 5, 2004, 02:12 AM
Masri ans Sharif are 'almost' ready to come back. Masri has been out since last November ans Sharif last played against Pakistan during 2001-02. While I am a little worried about Masri, I think he will do just fine once he gets some match practice. I am more interested in seeing the actual progress of Sharif. Three years is a LONG time. Can he really bowl at 00% after the long break ?

By the way, Bhorerkagaj eported that both just finished the 3 month high performance training at BKSP where they were bowling at 80% of their usual capacity. Both expect to push 100% inthe coming week or so and Masri is looking forward to the NZ tour.

While Masri is our top bowler of all times, Sharif is my fav BD pacer, expecially with the older ball. It will be fabulous to see Masri, Sharif and Tapash in action. Who knows, Talha may mend his ways and join in and then our selectors will have a hell of a time just picking the starting eleven.

fwullah
September 5, 2004, 03:12 AM
manoniyo shai mohila shodoshho (fahmida) tar kache ami jante chaibo je ai kothati ki shujon chacha take phone kore naki email a janiyechilo. jodi email a janiye thake tahole ami onurodh korbo shai email ar ai boktobboti jeno tini ai forum ar moddhe uposthapon koren. dannabad.

- That would have been great - ME INFLUENCING A NATIONAL PLAYER. :o

However, its the other way around.

bourny3
September 5, 2004, 03:27 AM
They will be world class in the NZ series, when Mashrafe and Talha open and Tapash bowls first change. Rafique spinning it up and put Razzaq in there somehow. That is world class.

Zephaniah
September 5, 2004, 03:54 AM
Historically, Tapash doesn't like bowling at first change.

billah
September 5, 2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Zephaniah

Whad'ya mean "doesn't like"? Is this comment based on his performance as first change? Or, did he mention that he dislikes the position of the first change bowler? Please explain.

Zephaniah
September 5, 2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by billah

Whad'ya mean "doesn't like"? Is this comment based on his performance as first change? Or, did he mention that he dislikes the position of the first change bowler? Please explain.

Based on my observation about his performance as first change bowler. Only very few occasions he bowled at first change and his performance was indifferent, sometimes terrible. Not only in the last match, Canada match also comes to my mind. His match figure in that match was

Tapash Baisya 3(O) 0(M) 26(R) 0(W) 1 (1wide)

bhobishshot
September 5, 2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by billah

Based on my observation about his performance as first change bowler. Only very few occasions he bowled at first change and his performance was indifferent, sometimes terrible. Not only in the last match, Canada match also comes to my mind. His match figure in that match was

Tapash Baisya 3(O) 0(M) 26(R) 0(W) 1 (1wide)

Well, there are bowlers who does well with the new ball and there are those who does well when the ball has been soften up a little bit. Taposh, I think is a new ball operator. Taposh at 1st change does not do very well.

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 5, 2004, 11:34 AM
ji bhai........kothata kintu thik bolechen. taposh notun bol diye jotota karjokor purana bol diye kintu shai tulonai khub akta karjokor na. dannabad. jemon amar mone hoi shujon tini kintu notun bol diye amar mone hoi khub akta karjokor na. dannabad.

Ahmed_B
September 5, 2004, 12:59 PM
Tapash is an enthusiast bowler...
It's really a waste if he isnt used as opening bowler...!

brining him as first change bowler is a mistake!

IanW
September 5, 2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Tapash is an enthusiast bowler...
It's really a waste if he isnt used as opening bowler...!

brining him as first change bowler is a mistake!

If thats true, then he either needs to develop some professionalism, or get dropped.

Bowlers bowl how, when and where the team needs them to.

If the team needs you to bowl first-change, into the wind, then you do that.

If the team needs you to bowl the odd 6 over spell while the strike bowlers bowl, you do that - even if you think you are the best bowler in the side.

If the team needs you to sit at home until someone gets hurt, you do that ... and if one Test is all you ever get, then you bowl your heart out in that one.

And so on.

Ian Whitchurch

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 5, 2004, 06:13 PM
kisui buzhlam na uni ashole ki bolte chachhen

Zunaid
September 5, 2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
kisui buzhlam na uni ashole ki bolte chachhen

khub shoja - shape up or ship out

Edited on, September 5, 2004, 11:17 PM GMT, by Zunaid.

FaltuRidwanBhai
September 5, 2004, 06:44 PM
bap kothin kotha dekhi

Zunaid
September 5, 2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
bap kothin kotha dekhi

obossho taposh-er khetre eta applicable na .. shay first change pocchondo kora-na/bhalo koray na - eta shob amader speculation - duita example die statistic bananon jae na.

Trans:

However, in the case of Taposh this is not applicable - That he does not like being first change or cannot do well first change - these are all fans' speculations - 2 examples are not statistically significant.

Taposh has been exemplary in trying to give his 101% - 2 bad overs - that's it just 2 bad overs