PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Bangladesh Cricket Team? 10 reasons why BD is underperforming

MHRAM
June 5, 2017, 10:53 AM
1. Not enough biriyani
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

ReZ_1
June 5, 2017, 11:04 AM
2. Not following BC posts..

Mas_UK25
June 5, 2017, 11:05 AM
Temperament. Unwise to situations. Need a Bangladeshi men as batting coach, and Bangla speaking. Lot of them don't comprehend the English language as well as Bangla. So knowing it in Bangla will be easier for them to understand and implement.

They a need a psychologist, a good wise cricket knowledgeable, head in one, Someone will teach them science and maths of cricket truely well. Mentally BD players get stuck time to time and it's most often than not.

Kohli_Sox
June 5, 2017, 11:05 AM
3. They dont know the importance of number 3 position in cricket. What a tragedy.

simon
June 5, 2017, 11:09 AM
Nothing wrong
Thus was meant to happen against teams like Aus, Eng, NZ in english conditions.
Surprises me that some of u did not see this Cumming.

mufi_02
June 5, 2017, 11:16 AM
Temperament. Unwise to situations. Need a Bangladeshi men as batting coach, and Bangla speaking. Lot of them don't comprehend the English language as well as Bangla. So knowing it in Bangla will be easier for them to understand and implement.

They a need a psychologist, a good wise cricket knowledgeable, head in one, Someone will teach them science and maths of cricket truely well. Mentally BD players get stuck time to time and it's most often than not.

reading this post, looks like you need a coach to learn English.

Roy_1
June 5, 2017, 11:17 AM
Aussie attack is just too good man, anyways the game isn't over yet, batting bowling keno eksathe click kore na ke jane, if you are competing against stronger teams you must perform decently in both the areas, Tamim to dekhi bhaloi bat korlo, ta baki der ei haal keno? match ta live dekhte parini, ghumochhilam, kaal er hangover ekhono kate ni :D

Rifat
June 5, 2017, 11:17 AM
Nothing wrong

Agree 100%. Bangladesh needs to play more in overseas conditions.

ReZ_1
June 5, 2017, 11:21 AM
Nothing wrong

We all knew what's Comming for us... But got little too excited too early! :D

Eclipse
June 5, 2017, 11:23 AM
Nothing wrong

Condition was superb for batting today. We r simply not good enough.

MHRAM
June 5, 2017, 11:24 AM
Nothing wrong

We played in NZ and also in Ireland. In a space of 6 months we played two series in different conditions with the same group of players.

Truth is our players are the opposite of clutch. Can't perform when the pressure is on.

Especially Sabbir. Shows a lot of attitude but in all ICC events he has played he has mostly failed
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

simon
June 5, 2017, 11:25 AM
Condition was superb for batting today. We r not just good enough.

India did not play today .

Mas_UK25
June 5, 2017, 11:25 AM
Conditions weren't bad and swinging man. Did you see the wickets of Legendary Kayes? Sabbirs? Mullahs? Mushyes was a cutter he inside edged. Only Sarkar to an outside edge. Stop making it an excuse it was the condition because match is held in England.

simon
June 5, 2017, 11:29 AM
We played in NZ and also in Ireland. In a space of 6 months we played two series in different conditions with the same group of players.

Truth is our players are the opposite of clutch. Can't perform when the pressure is on.

Especially Sabbir. Shows a lot of attitude but in all ICC events he has played he has mostly failed

Pressure is high in Mirpur too but in non sub co conditions u need superior technic,skills, temperament.
That is why Tamim did well, rest of our batters are not good enough.

Roy_1
June 5, 2017, 11:43 AM
India did not play today .

Meh..uncalled for

simon
June 5, 2017, 11:47 AM
Meh..uncalled for

When Eclipse says "we" it naturally means India

MHRAM
June 5, 2017, 12:24 PM
Pressure is high in Mirpur too but in non sub co conditions u need superior technic,skills, temperament.
That is why Tamim did well, rest of our batters are not good enough.

Not lack of ability but lack of application and thinking. If you watch our performance it was not because of our technique. There was no swing no real bounce.

Our batsman make the same mistake at home turf. Soumya not moving his feet, Imrul playing uppishly, Sabbir playing uppishly. Riad failing since world cup sounds familiar?

Mridul
June 5, 2017, 12:24 PM
We need new bunch of players if you want to see as a top team...the current team is good but not good enough to compete against top teams

England got Roots.
New Zea Land got Williamson
Aussie got Smith, Warner
India got Kohli

Pakistan and Sri Lanka are struggling as they have not got world class players.

South Africa will be next Sri Lanka/Pakistan when Amla, AB & Fuf retires.

The current BD team will only able to compete against SL, PAK, SA & WI in near future.

We need to have better coaching and lots of U19 & A tours to find and refine players.

SL is doing this now and I am sure they will soon find their next Sangakara and Jayawardane.

Roy_1
June 5, 2017, 12:33 PM
Toothless bowling is the reason, not sure if Walsh is this bad or the bowlers are overhyped, regressed quite a lot in past few months, your batsmen can't score 300+ everyday to shield the bowling flaws.

MHRAM
June 5, 2017, 12:35 PM
Toothless bowling is the reason, your batsmen can't score 300+ everyday.

In that sense all teams have toothless bowling to a sense.

In these flat wickets 250 should be scored even if the players were blindfolded. We scored 180

Roy_1
June 5, 2017, 12:45 PM
In that sense all teams have toothless bowling to a sense.

In these flat wickets 250 should be scored even if the players were blindfolded. We scored 180

You perhaps didn't get my point, Aus, NZ and Ind would defend 300+ scores on the same pitches, I am saying this again your batting is not the problem, bowling is, in the next match if Tamim scores a century again and BD puts up a 300+ total you sure you would defend that against NZ batting line up? Can you restrict them below 300 if you bowl first? The tourney has just started, major matches are yet to take place, major bowling and batting line ups are yet to collide, Ind vs SA and Eng vs Aus will give you the complete picture about per score on these pitches. You will not stand a chance against stronger teams without a very decent bowling attack, period.

Eshen
June 5, 2017, 01:09 PM
Bowling, as well as fielding, are definitely concerns. BCB gave Walsh a long enough stint, it's now time to respectfully ask him to leave. Other two assistant coaches, Halsal and Samaraweera, also needs to be replaced.

We have a good break after the CT. BCB and Hathuru should use the time to change up the supporting staff. At least, that will be a good point to start with.

Rinathq
June 5, 2017, 01:14 PM
not sure what we expected from a team that barely gets an opportunity to play away from home in these conditions. On top of that, we literally fell in the strongest group...

Eshen
June 5, 2017, 01:20 PM
^^ Not necessarily I expected them to win against England or Australia, but I did expect to them to put up better fights. Remembering how this team played in WC'15, I did expect see some improvements this time around. On contrary, the performance graph fell sharply downward.

And we been playing many more matches away than how it used to be before 2015.

Shingara
June 5, 2017, 01:24 PM
Ignoring decent players
Not having a proper A team
Not having different teams for T20, ODI and Test
Lack of replacements for every core player

tonmoy.dhaka
June 5, 2017, 01:36 PM
Play Taskin for Mashrafee...
Liton Das /Nasir or Mosaddek for Kayes (Make liton Das keep wicket if he plays)

Do the above two and I assure you we will start winning more...

I love Mash but he is more a passenger for the starting 11... He should retire and be appointed as a permanent manager for Team Bangladesh.

Rifat_02
June 5, 2017, 03:32 PM
--- Mentally we are not there, we can perform much better than this but the players seem to have conceded defeat before even the match started, just look at the comments of Mashrafe , he was saying we were in a very tough group. tough group or not it's your duty to perform to your best and not give up.

--- Lack of a middle order batsman like Root/Williamson/Kohli/Smith etc. The Shakibs are not good enough to win matches single handedly.

--- Lack of Discipline when bowling , line and length is not good enough

-- Catching is still an issue that crops up time to time

roman
June 5, 2017, 03:52 PM
Mash Getting old and rusty.

No proper #3 batsman. Cant make someone who has no proper footwork or skills take up the most specialized position. Ideal candidate for this position is Mushfiq and Riyad. We are just wasting Riyad's talent down the order

Shak losing his charm. Dont recall when was the last time he has won us a match.

Dont have power hitter who can give us quick 20-30 runs in the final overs. Mash used to be the one who we could rely back in the days, but not anymore.

Walsh. Ever since Streak left, our fast bowling went downhill. BCB must address this immediately. We could have gotten our Starc in Taskin. But now he has become another SRK :facepalm:

DinRaat.
June 6, 2017, 12:52 AM
Ignoring decent players
Not having a proper A team
Not having different teams for T20, ODI and Test
Lack of replacements for every core player

The last part is going to hurt us alot, in the long and short term.

Vepu
June 6, 2017, 03:38 AM
Walsh happened.