PDA

View Full Version : Should Al-Amin retire ?

Shingara
June 6, 2017, 03:09 AM
Hello, anyone remember Al-Amin, known as our best death bowler and lovingly known as a very cunning bowler.
After doing some sort of beyaddobi with Shujon in Australia, he was grounded and has not been seen ever since.

Does he have any hope of making a comeback ?

Yameen
June 6, 2017, 03:12 AM
Well he did appear in the Asia cup and T20 world cup just over a year ago...

Rinathq
June 6, 2017, 03:14 AM
He did go through a dip in form even in domestics after being dropped unfairly for guys like Rabbi, Shafi and so on. But he came back fine in this DPL and I hope he is back in contention soon.

Equinox
June 6, 2017, 04:30 AM
The biggest blunder we made was leaving Al-Amin out.

DinRaat.
June 6, 2017, 04:35 AM
Did you know, he was ranked 5th in the world, in T20Is in the Asia Cup 2016.

Eshen
June 6, 2017, 08:12 AM
If I remember correctly, Walsh did not find AA as attentive as a student as Shafiul is, thus he is out. You know, nowadays our players get selected based on net performances, not based on real matches.

NoName
June 6, 2017, 08:20 AM
His attitude issues probably isnt helping, else Mash would have vouched for him

nsuRocks
June 6, 2017, 08:20 AM
he is still young. needs to add some pace

Roey Haque
June 6, 2017, 10:39 AM

But Mash vouches for Mahmadullah? Seemed more out of loyalty than attitude to me.

Roey Haque
June 6, 2017, 10:40 AM
Anyway, good thread, Al Amin definitely had the height and the wit to be a mainstay. I hope he proves himself in the domestics, just like Nasir did and get himself back in the squad. That's the first step. Then the XI.

Max100
June 6, 2017, 10:51 AM
But Mash vouches for Mahmadullah? Seemed more out of loyalty than attitude to me.

mahmudullah is a great team player. he is great asset for the team with his bowling and batting.

form is temporary, class is permanent

Mas_UK25
June 6, 2017, 11:21 AM
Al Amin Hossain tall pacer.BD need him around man, him and Taskin will bounce and carry on these wickets. I remember during the Asia cup, he was unplayable at times and reached 5th in the T20 bowling ranking.

When your, travelling abroad Eng,Aus, NZ,SA - got to take Al Amin and Taskin!

kalpurush
June 6, 2017, 11:53 AM

True. Though I wish he could have transform himself ...and get back to the national team. A wonderful bowler but lacks personality!

I wish BCB take care of these young kids like Al Amin ... and help them shape themselves up...

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2017, 11:59 AM
How old is he? Does he have any injury? If no injury and still young, then why this thread title?

To get attention?

Iftari'tey Shingara khabo aj kay. Indian frozen. :(

aklemalp
June 6, 2017, 12:02 PM
Why should he retire? Why?

As a professional cricketer, he should work hard and perform, get to the trials and perform. Leave attitude issues at home.

NoName
June 6, 2017, 12:45 PM
IIRC Mash argued for AA to be in WC squad. Repaid that by getting involved in a scandal lol

Shubho
June 6, 2017, 01:06 PM
Al Amin gets involved in way too many shenanigans off the field. On it, he seems to take wickets with hit-me deliveries due to sheer luck (at least that's the impression I get). I am yet to see a great spell of bowling from him, even in the matches where he bagged multiple wickets.

Strange how people think he might be the solution to our dearth of pace bowling options.

Shingara
June 6, 2017, 01:15 PM
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1246Ljo689M" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

shubho, you might think he bowls HIT ME deliveries. But, he knows how much speed and how much bounce to give to the ball in order for batsmen to go for a shot and then just find the fielder. Such calculation to trap batsmen isn't easy.

Fazal
June 6, 2017, 02:06 PM
He should wait a little bit until Mashrafee retire, and then if he is still ignored, he should retire from national team as a protest. But if he loves the game and need the money, he should continue to play in local league.

Thanks to Afridi..... the door will still be open for him in future ... you never know.

Nafi
June 6, 2017, 02:20 PM
No hes a valuable player. I dont care about off field behaviour. On field performance is what matters foremost.

Shubho
June 6, 2017, 03:26 PM
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1246Ljo689M" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

shubho, you might think he bowls HIT ME deliveries. But, he knows how much speed and how much bounce to give to the ball in order for batsmen to go for a shot and then just find the fielder. Such calculation to trap batsmen isn't easy.

Thanks for posting the video. To be honest, not one of those deliveries seemed like a wicket-taking delivery. More than half were juicy full tosses which the batsmen were too inept to put away.

Perhaps I'm missing something and he really does know how to disguise good deliveries as hit-me balls, but surely the team management would vouch for him if he is that good?

Rinathq
June 7, 2017, 02:59 AM
Thanks for posting the video. To be honest, not one of those deliveries seemed like a wicket-taking delivery. More than half were juicy full tosses which the batsmen were too inept to put away.

Perhaps I'm missing something and he really does know how to disguise good deliveries as hit-me balls, but surely the team management would vouch for him if he is that good?

man this arent 110K waist high full tosses... this are low full tosses which arent very easy to hit and the better argument is that he is attempting to hit yorkers... he atleast gets the point of bowling death and bowling in tight situation.. unlike players like Taskin that walks in and tries to bowl bouncers and short bowls all the time

simon
June 7, 2017, 06:39 AM
he needs to srinkholize himself first, because Papon khaluji & HaThor does not like bisrinkhola
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Shadow
June 7, 2017, 11:26 AM
With the type of bowling action he has, he can get the ball to move in which is at times difficult to hit and that's how he gets a lot of his wickets. Jasprit Bumrah can also do the same.