PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh can still qualify thanks to rain, but have the players given up?

Rifat_02
June 6, 2017, 01:33 PM
I believe if England beats Australia (likely) and somehow by chance we upset New Zealand (Cricket is a game of uncertainty) we do qualify am I right? So basically one match may stand between us and semi finals. Now after the performance against Australia I understand we think there is no chance but we must not forget this Bangladesh team is capable of so much more.

The biggest enemy of the players is themselves, either they give up easily or they cannot handle the pressure . I hope the players haven't given up just yet.

kalpurush
June 6, 2017, 01:43 PM
^^^ the players did not given up...in fact they are thrilled...

Mash said in an interview that the current situation in Group A reminds him...2015 WC!

MHRAM
June 6, 2017, 01:44 PM
Players haven't given up I am sure. They are banking on their luck for the time being
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Fazal
June 6, 2017, 01:59 PM
Yes.... at-least some.

Mauryan
June 6, 2017, 02:01 PM
WIth the way Australia played us it will be tough for England to beat Australia specially when England has already qualified.

MarufH
June 6, 2017, 02:53 PM
I hope Eng does not take any chances with Australia. If they can get rid of Aus now, they should. Otherwise it will be near impossible to beat aus in final. They are unbeatable in finals.

tanvir_nus
June 6, 2017, 08:28 PM
It's hard when the captain looks and sounds defeated. I still think Mashrafe doesn't give his 100% overseas, like he does in Bangladesh. In Bangladesh he is charged up and aggressive, in overseas he is nowhere the level where he should be. In press meets also he sounds like he has given up. Atleast for the next match I want to see the old Mash, I want him to say "we won't spare NZ this time". This is the weakest team in the group and if we play with never die attitude we should definitely win.

tanvir_nus
June 6, 2017, 08:36 PM
Basically if the body language is bad, we have to blame Mash. Sorry guys, I know I am doing an Eclipse here, but this is true.
He is the captain, the responsibility is with him. Do or Die. Win or perish. Mash needs to instill belief in every single member of the team that we need to win this and we CAN WIN this, not only the belief but every single player has to give their blood, sweat and tears in the next match, just prepare for battle and not give up till the very end. First step. If we lose, the blame has to go with him as well. 3 wickets in 66 overs just not good enough from a bowling captain.

Night_wolf
June 6, 2017, 08:36 PM
god damn rain is ruining the vacation..of course they have given up on this vacation

anon4567
June 6, 2017, 08:44 PM
England has the same likelihood of beating Australia as we do of defeating NZ. Probably 3:7 given our recent performance (and NZ's). A tie for England by rain would be godsend though. Almost all qualified teams lose dead rubber games like these to focus more on the next round. A win will just be bonus marks for England, and a slightly easier path to the finals. Nothing more.

So forget it, it's not happening. Otherwise​ we need two consecutive underdog wins.

anon4567
June 6, 2017, 08:54 PM
^^^ the players did not given up...in fact they are thrilled...

Mash said in an interview that the current situation in Group A reminds him...2015 WC!

It will most likely end like the 2011 WC, where we will beat NZ but be left heart broken when the Aussies scrape the narrowest victory denying us the spot in the semis. I still remember that WI v England match​.

But to be fair, Australians deserve that spot more than we do. We essentially lost the last game.

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2017, 01:10 AM
no one deserves anything. you earn it. otherwise wi would be in this tournament. let the aussies earn the semi spot.

Shingara
June 7, 2017, 03:01 AM
Ar koto brishti amaderkey bachabey ?
It's about time we grow a spine and play like veterans rather than rookies.

Rifat_02
June 7, 2017, 04:06 AM
It will most likely end like the 2011 WC, where we will beat NZ but be left heart broken when the Aussies scrape the narrowest victory denying us the spot in the semis. I still remember that WI v England match​.

But to be fair, Australians deserve that spot more than we do. We essentially lost the last game.

Pakistan won the 1992 world cup after rain saved them from humiliation in the group stages, and that is still remembered in history and nobody talked about that team not deserving it. Not saying Bangladesh can do the same here but looking at the way they performed vs Australia and what captain says to the media about tough group this and that it seems the players have already surrendered and thinking about going home. They can perform much better than what they showed last game for sure

Habib
June 7, 2017, 04:12 AM
Pakistan won the 1992 world cup after rain saved them from humiliation in the group stages, and that is still remembered in history and nobody talked about that team not deserving it. Not saying Bangladesh can do the same here but looking at the way they performed vs Australia and what captain says to the media about tough group this and that it seems the players have already surrendered and thinking about going home.

Nope, you assume wrong. Read this: http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1208386/%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A 6%A8-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A1%E0%A 6%BF%E0%A6%AB%E0%A7%87

Rifat_02
June 7, 2017, 04:22 AM
Nope, you assume wrong. Read this: http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1208386/%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A 6%A8-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A1%E0%A 6%BF%E0%A6%AB%E0%A7%87

This article seems more like a travel diary with the whole team spending vacation with the family. Only Shakib's one line that If England can beat New Zealand we can too shows any confidence but he has been like this always.
The way they performed last match is worrying, and if you notice Mashrafe's previous press conferences where he talks about how strong this group is and how they don't do well overseas gives off a lack of belief vibe .

Habib
June 7, 2017, 05:11 AM
This article seems more like a travel diary with the whole team spending vacation with the family. Only Shakib's one line that If England can beat New Zealand we can too shows any confidence but he has been like this always.
The way they performed last match is worrying, and if you notice Mashrafe's previous press conferences where he talks about how strong this group is and how they don't do well overseas gives off a lack of belief vibe .

It is called playing down the hype and reducing the pressure. Had they given up all hopes, Mashrafe wouldn't have delayed bowling our overs so that the game gets washed out.

SH Anik
June 7, 2017, 05:34 AM
Bangladesh can still qualify thanks to rain, but have the BC members given up?

DinRaat.
June 7, 2017, 05:36 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum, are you by any chance a previous member?

DinRaat.
June 7, 2017, 05:56 AM

Bro, your ban evading?

DinRaat.
June 7, 2017, 05:56 AM
Eclipse Vs Anik, The battle shall be glorious.

ReZ_1
June 7, 2017, 06:02 AM
I wish Eng lost to Nz, that way Eng would be more motivated to win against Aus and Nz less to win against us. Now the situation is vice versa. Anyways one thing is nice to know Nz is weaker than Eng and we should be more confident to beat Nz irrespective of whether we go to next round or not.

Vepu
June 7, 2017, 07:11 AM
So Anik got banned again?

DinRaat.
June 7, 2017, 07:48 AM
So Anik got banned again?

Wanted to witness the battle that would of shook the earth

Mighty eclipse Vs Legendary Anik

Rifat_02
June 7, 2017, 03:47 PM
Today's match between Pakistan and South Africa again highlights the Importance of mentality of the players, South Africa are ranked number one and Pakistan eighth, our team would have gone into this match thinking the opposition is too strong and we are not home .Even though South Africa had more ability among the players they ended up losing.

Zeeshan
June 7, 2017, 03:52 PM
Not sure who has better chance to qualify to the next round: Bangladesh, or Trump after tomorrow's statements! :lol:

RealSports
June 7, 2017, 04:29 PM
Now England will be more motivated to beat Australia despite qualifying. The prospect of facing Pakistan in the semi-finals is too hot to miss...

Bangladesh should consider themselves fortunate that they got away with a point: it was probably an off-day for them. Bangladesh v New Zealand will basically be a quarter final.

godzilla
June 8, 2017, 03:26 AM
WIth the way Australia played us it will be tough for England to beat Australia specially when England has already qualified.

Not saying that Aus will loose but if I was Morgan, I would tell the boys to try their best to kick AUS out from round one. It's a easier game in the finals if the likes of NZ/BD ends up somehow in the final match due to rain and what not.

Mas_UK25
June 8, 2017, 03:49 AM
Aus bowled well against BD. But England would want to knock Aus out of the tournament early. England will play with more free which will unable their big hitting to be released in full from thw begging, rather than a tamed start. I can imagine high scoring, if England bat first.

Australia batting. Take out the top 3, then you have the legendary moses henriques who averages an world record... less than 6? :lol:, Maxwell? Hit and miss. Rest not as threatening.

Don't worry. England will smash Aus out the CT. but can BD smash NZ and do their part???