PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the "Fizz"???

RealSports
June 9, 2017, 06:27 PM
He can't even maintain good line and length. Wasn't he suppose to have the accuracy of a "veteran". From one of the best fast bowlers in the world has suddenly turned into one of the worst fast bowlers of the world. Even Mashrafe, Rubel and Taskin have performed much better.

Fahim
June 9, 2017, 08:27 PM
he made a decent comeback during the middle overs and bowled well in the death

cracky
June 9, 2017, 08:33 PM
His major strength was the variation in speed between deliveries. I believe, after the surgery, his high speed deliveries came down from 140 to 130. So the variation between high and slow deliveries is not significant enough to trick the batsman. I think once he recover his speed, all will be good.

Zeeshan
June 9, 2017, 08:38 PM
I like how commentators were saying someone like Fizz should bowl at the end. Sending Fizz to mop up the tail at death is like sending a highly trained assassin to do a clean up job.

That ball was a jaffa. He will find his form back. Don't worry. Just a rough patch. Probably batsman are playing him late.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the bowlers. Rubel was particularly good today with his display of wide yorkers and who knew Mosaddek had a nasty side, lol? (This is the best death bowling in tournament so far.)

As I told my father, it was a team job, tbh holistically speaking.

Eclipse
June 9, 2017, 11:14 PM
Nothing happened to him. He isn't that skillful with the ball. He's just another bravo who has a deceptive slower delivery. But now batsmen have found out his variations which is why fizz is struggling.

al-Sagar
June 9, 2017, 11:23 PM
Like many others bowlers struggling with the strange behavior of pitch...... Lots of bowlers finding it hard to adjust with the pitch...... Plus also he is still regaining fitness

mufi_02
June 9, 2017, 11:27 PM
I think he bowled really well in the middle and death overs. First few overs he bowled too full. in fact he bowled his best in this match among the three we played so far.

I just won't even go and open the discussion of comparing him with bravo. It will be uselsss

Vepu
June 9, 2017, 11:38 PM
Commentators said it few times after kiwi innings that they faltered because of the pressure created by fizz

adamnsu
June 10, 2017, 12:29 AM
What nonsense. Who said he is the worst fast bowler of the world? He bowled really well in his second spell. He has been bowling quite decently in recent games. He is not back to his old form as it's taking time for him to adjust after the operation. Even Mashrafee after his operations lost pace and was similar but kept on working. And in relation to his age, how many young bowlers are there with his accuracy in world cricket? I am sorry but this smells like a troll thread to me.

Ask yourself what have you achieved at Fizz's age?

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 12:37 AM
Having a little bad patch is all, he will be back in form soon, no need to panic, you won the match FGS, now cut that kid some slack please

Eclipse
June 10, 2017, 02:56 AM
I think he bowled really well in the middle and death overs. First few overs he bowled too full. in fact he bowled his best in this match among the three we played so far.

I just won't even go and open the discussion of comparing him with bravo. It will be uselsss

In the initial overs bowlers r expected to bowl full. His intentions were right and I won't criticize him for that. But sadly he doesn't have the skillset to back that up.

Look at how southee and boult bowled in their first spell. Most of their deliveries were around the good length area. But why did they look way more threatening than fizz? It's quite simple. Unlike fizz, both southee and boult have the ability swing and seam the ball by pitching the ball up. But when fizz tries to do the same it just becomes half volleys because he doesn't have the ability to bend the ball in air.

And yes, he has more similarities with someone like bravo.

Eclipse
June 10, 2017, 03:05 AM
What nonsense. Who said he is the worst fast bowler of the world? He bowled really well in his second spell. He has been bowling quite decently in recent games. He is not back to his old form as it's taking time for him to adjust after the operation. Even Mashrafee after his operations lost pace and was similar but kept on working. And in relation to his age, how many young bowlers are there with his accuracy in world cricket? I am sorry but this smells like a troll thread to me.

Ask yourself what have you achieved at Fizz's age?

U r right. He's definitely not the worst bowler in the world. Actually he's pretty decent. He is immaculate with his line and length and he deserves a bit of appreciation for that.

Yes, He isn't nowhere near as naturally talented as Amir, bhuvi and strac and definitely doesn't belong in their league but that doesn't mean he's worst.

Fizz is still a very decent bowler. He's just not as good as we initially thought him to be,that's it. I hope he'll regain his full fitness ASAP and start bowling around 140 again.

Mas_UK25
June 10, 2017, 03:27 AM
Nothing happened. Just don't bowl him with the new ball, within first 6overs. If you're going to bowl him inside the first PP then make it as late, like 7-10ov. Older the ball gets, fizz has better control, better effect. He bowled superb in his last 5overs yesterday which use during the middle and end! Mash just needs use him wisely!

tiger1000
June 10, 2017, 03:33 AM
He's never been a bowler to do it in first 6/7 overs

He's coming back from injury, so his line is off, as for length, he can't Bang it in, so he went fuller looking for swing

Even in his bad form, he's still a good bowler, he's gone from the main man to a great support act, which is fine, bowlers get injured and lose form, let's not forget before bd game starc had like 4 wickets in 6 games, even vs bd he got only tamim, rest was the tail and that's our tail

Shingara
June 11, 2017, 10:57 AM
He FIZZED out!
He's done and dusted. He was a one-trick pony.
Now, just wait till he gets kicked out. Jao baba, khub giye IPL khelo.

aklemalp
June 11, 2017, 11:11 AM
No, he needs a better guy next to the end of his run up at mid on.

Talk to him before every ball, give him some morale, some confidence to bowl every ball, tell him that skill and technique needs common sense. Bowl the ball, let the batsmen try to hit you.

Do try to get in their faces, even blurt out a few words in English at the batsmen.

Mas_UK25
June 11, 2017, 11:13 AM
InshAllah. Mustafizur will be back to form against his favourite side India. He needs to repeat what he did to them before.

Roey Haque
June 11, 2017, 01:29 PM
I mean honestly, his skill is such that he will embarrass at least one batsman. I am hoping it's more like 4 or 5.

zman
June 11, 2017, 02:25 PM
Commentators said it few times after kiwi innings that they faltered because of the pressure created by fizz
Thank you for noticing! Folks who are driven by spiteful agenda or aren't very sharp don't get these subtle things.

After 35 overs NZ were cruising at 178/3, poised to post another 320 ish score. Just as NZ were getting ready for the expected onslaught, Fizz was brought into the attack to stem the run flow at this critical juncture. He bowled a very tight 3 over spell giving away only 11 runs and taking the crucial wicket of Taylor. At the end of 40 overs, NZ found themselves at 203/4 suddenly in a bit of pressure situation, which necessitated going after Mosa.

Zeeshan
June 11, 2017, 02:36 PM
I think we are slowly losing our post-win camaraderie fellas... hold on to it tight ...for we'd be needing it real bad.

BengaliPagol
June 11, 2017, 03:02 PM
The way fizz got the nz tailender out shows what a class bowler he is. The batsman moved around the crease a bit and as soon as Fizz noticed that midway thru his bowling run up instead of bowling his stock delivery he changed his hand release point and absolutely went for the blockhole and bowled a fantastic yorker reminiscent to the way he got steve smith out in the t20 world cup.

That alone just tells me the kid is an insanely intelligent bowler. He will be fine in Shaa Allah

Rifat
June 11, 2017, 08:51 PM
The way fizz got the nz tailender out shows what a class bowler he is. The batsman moved around the crease a bit and as soon as Fizz noticed that midway thru his bowling run up instead of bowling his stock delivery he changed his hand release point and absolutely went for the blockhole and bowled a fantastic yorker reminiscent to the way he got steve smith out in the t20 world cup.

That alone just tells me the kid is an insanely intelligent bowler. He will be fine in Shaa Allah

Thank you for noticing! Folks who are driven by spiteful agenda or aren't very sharp don't get these subtle things.

After 35 overs NZ were cruising at 178/3, poised to post another 320 ish score. Just as NZ were getting ready for the expected onslaught, Fizz was brought into the attack to stem the run flow at this critical juncture. He bowled a very tight 3 over spell giving away only 11 runs and taking the crucial wicket of Taylor. At the end of 40 overs, NZ found themselves at 203/4 suddenly in a bit of pressure situation, which necessitated going after Mosa.

Thank you for properly understanding how cricket works :big_hug:

jeesh
June 12, 2017, 10:43 PM
Another thing to keep in mind. These wickets are very un-English. For me the model English wickets were what they had during 1999 WC, there was sth in it for quicks, spinners. And if batsmen could apply themselves, they would score. These ones are like sub continental tracks with extra bounce.

Not just Fizz, evaluate how Starc, Amir, Boult have fared this Champions Trophy. Its not been easy for bowlers.

Rinathq
June 13, 2017, 02:28 AM
He is human. Good day people

Roy_1
June 13, 2017, 03:47 AM
The bowler from BD I am worried about is Fizz, hope he doesn't trouble us too much especially Sharma ji, don't take no wks and go for 50+ runs, sorry can't wish him success this time. 😂

Habib
June 13, 2017, 04:26 AM

It was Taskin who took Taylor's wicket. But yes, Mustafiz was bowling really well in the later part of the innings.

Rifat_02
June 15, 2017, 08:43 AM
Nothing to do with him being found, did anyone notice his line and length is all over the place. Bowling short and wide, the bowling coach is not doing enough

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 08:45 AM
Nothing to do with him being found, did anyone notice his line and length is all over the place. Bowling short and wide, the bowling coach is not doing enough

+++++100

Electron
June 15, 2017, 09:06 AM
He is trying to find different ways since the usual method isn't working on English pitches. This is Fizz outside his comfort zone, will take him a while before he settles down.

Roey Haque
June 15, 2017, 11:41 AM
What happened to his effort??????

Any saw the "no dive" at the boundary line? And then the other day when he took forever to throw the ball back? Is he playing hurt? If so, why?

Night_wolf
June 15, 2017, 11:43 AM
His action should not have been changed, injury or not with his natural action altered he is struggling

WarWolf
June 15, 2017, 11:53 AM
His action should not have been changed, injury or not with his natural action altered he is struggling

As a result, he lost his full confidence too.

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 12:02 PM
Home sick. Missing his home made curry of shutki with aloo.

Habib
June 15, 2017, 12:03 PM
As a result, he lost his full confidence too.

Is it 100% confirmed that Fizz's action has been changed? Haven't seen any article anywhere regarding this, that's why asking.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2017, 12:06 PM
Is it 100% confirmed that Fizz's action has been changed? Haven't seen any article anywhere regarding this, that's why asking.

just check the highlights of his bowling before and during IPL 2016 and see it now, you will see the difference..it was all natural free flowing back than. now it looks forced

Fazal
June 15, 2017, 12:16 PM
What happened to the "Fizz"???

Someone kept the cap unscrewed long enough.... the Fizz are out of the drink.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2017, 12:21 PM
This was fizz with his natural bowling action

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0j34CdW7dKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this is fizz with the new one

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-P2xmjkehUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tonmoy.dhaka
June 15, 2017, 12:23 PM
Starting from the second ODI against India (during BD-india ODI series) till his operation, fizz was bowling constantly over 140kmph (his faster balls).... Now he barely bowls at 135 max....
He needs few more months to fully recover... he is not 100 percent yet...

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 12:33 PM
This is a lame excuse that he is not 100 percent. His bowling action is changed and thats why he is struggling. With new action he is not effective. I question his place in the team with this new action. No place for emotion. If you are not effective you should not play. Simple.

Nafi
June 15, 2017, 12:37 PM
The new action looks more smooth though. I just think he needs more work, needs to hit the gym etc. Not convinced walsh is a good bowling coach.

nsuRocks
June 15, 2017, 12:39 PM
Its his 140km pace that made him so effective. When he's bowling at 130-132 its easier to adjust to a slower that is 125km.
Give him some time he will get better. He is still only 21 or 22

patriot
June 15, 2017, 12:42 PM
He needs a good bowling coach to guide and help him regain his old form. Walsh is a waste if space. The sooner we get rid of him the better.

Bhorta
June 15, 2017, 01:19 PM
Is he finished? He doesn't seem to swing the ball, he needs to learn from Junaid Khan, Mohammed Amir and Rumman Raes who to operate the ball. At the moment he is bowling like Chris Harris

Shingara
June 15, 2017, 01:47 PM
Gone to waste.
Emerging player of the year to a complete dud! Syed Rasel plz!

Shaan
June 15, 2017, 03:12 PM
no need to dismiss him, for some reason he is not able to perform his 100%, it is due to his injury concern still playing his mind, then little bit of changed action. But at the end all will come good, but for now he needs to be given rest from national duty regards to finds himself in peace and get back the rhythm. He is not gone, potential is there.

simon
June 15, 2017, 03:35 PM
tumi aar nei shey tumi

NoName
June 15, 2017, 06:07 PM
If he doesn't get his speed back up he won't trouble any batsmen

Rinathq
June 15, 2017, 06:50 PM
not just his speed though, I think his accuracy has taken a hit...he does need a really good bowling coach... Walsh aint doing jackk

Shingara
June 16, 2017, 02:43 AM
no need to dismiss him, for some reason he is not able to perform his 100%, it is due to his injury concern still playing his mind, then little bit of changed action. But at the end all will come good, but for now he needs to be given rest from national duty regards to finds himself in peace and get back the rhythm. He is not gone, potential is there.

National team is not a place for emotions. If you can't perform, you shouldn't play. We don't play for shommanjonok porajoy but for wins.

ononto
June 16, 2017, 10:46 AM
not just his speed though, I think his accuracy has taken a hit...he does need a really good bowling coach... Walsh aint doing jackk

Coaching issue?
May be not. Coach can't spoon feed a bowler to maintain line. That's too basic. He bowled terribly bad vs India. So bad that's it almost felt like scripted.

His explanation of "cutter not working overseas":
I disagree. His cutter bowl use to come from an angle and pitch in middle and off stump. He isn't pitching the ball in right areas at all.

Post surgery issue:
This is ruled out to be an issue by Mr. Sarwar.

I think this guy lacks mental strength and severely lacks motivation to better himself. Coming from a village area, he has already seen a lot and possibly thought he has touched the summit. He looks lethargic and shows no emotion in a negative way. Education is also a factor. I remember he made a statement possibly after his surgery that he first want to a good person then a good cricketer. Excellent, nothing wrong with that, but the circumstances gives a tone that he isn't having the eagerness or confidence to come back strong.

Unless these mental boundaries can be broken, he is a gone case. Hope he comes back strong.

Eclipse
June 16, 2017, 03:24 PM
Looks like I was right all along. I won't even bother criticizing him anymore in this thread. It's getting tiring now.

jeesh
June 16, 2017, 10:45 PM
I think you can thank Courtney Walsh, because he s played a key role to help you prove your point.

Fizz will be back, stay tuned.

DinRaat.
June 17, 2017, 05:33 AM
I think you can thank Courtney Walsh, because he s played a key role to help you prove your point.

Like a Coca Cola can left out in the open for too long, Fizz has simply lost his flavour.

Jadukor
June 17, 2017, 05:46 AM
1. His pace is supposed to go up not down
2. He needs to be able to move deliveries off the seam
3. Get closer to the stumps while delivering the cutters
All of the above requires a good bowling coach. Most in BC knows Walsh cant do it

Eclipse
June 19, 2017, 05:35 AM

Nobody will be happier than me if he proves me wrong.

jeesh
June 19, 2017, 05:51 AM
Thats the spirit bro. He ll be back, so will Taskin. But how soon...that depends on what BCB decides to do next.

When Bumrah is bowling 148 kph, and Taskin is huffing and puffing to reach 140, theres sth wrong in the equation.

jeesh
June 20, 2017, 10:27 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/cricket/answer-lies-pre-injury-methods-1423273

Leading local coaches say technique and temperament-key reason behind Fizz's struggles. They particularly point to his not bowling close to the stumps.

DinRaat.
June 21, 2017, 04:19 AM
6-0-53-0

Been almost 5 months since his injury, I think he had ample time to recover, batsmen either figured him out, or he is arrogant and does not want to work hard. A 6 over spell giving away 53 runs is a bit more than just a few injury trifles. :0

R0ssei
June 21, 2017, 07:42 AM
I have complete faith in him. Yes, he didn't perform at all during CT, but we perhaps expected too much from him.

He is a natural talent whose main weapon was 'cutters'. He is neither an out-swinging or in-swinging bowler. The away "swing" he delivers to RH batsman is just the angle created from a LH bowler, nothing more. He could touch 140 kph mark b4 and also drop down to 125-130 with his cutter/slower deliveries with not so much wrist action change.

He never played much cricket before playing for BAN. He had an injury. He didn't get to bowl more than 1 match in IPL. Obviously, he was low in confidence. And people say that the coaching staff tried many things with him b4 CT, especially bringing the ball back to RH batsman. He probably changed his wrist action on delivery as well. All played against his favour.

Give him some time. Let him play where he is more comfortable. He is too young to be taught many things at same time. He will come back stronger than CT if not same as his debut matches.

Prothom-Alo report on Fizz: https://goo.gl/pLckTn

moinul_huq
June 27, 2017, 10:07 AM
He is top draw in Mirpur. Failed in CT and let us down badly. Now we are being trolled all over. Why did he bother is he was going to take 1-180 odd?