PDA

View Full Version : Ben Stokes Vs. Shakib Al Hasan

Pages : [1] 2

SportingBD
June 10, 2017, 10:36 AM
Who is better?

Two genuine All-Rounders, both with immense class.

Jadukor
June 10, 2017, 10:42 AM
Both with immense class? Nice to hear you say that about Shakib

SportingBD
June 10, 2017, 10:43 AM
Both with immense class? Nice to hear you say that about Shakib

He has met my criteria, yesterday. Finally at a global stage he has performed and shown his class. :up:

RealSports
June 10, 2017, 10:47 AM
I'd say Ben Stokes. He's extremely talented with bat, ball and field. Both are different types.

SportingBD
June 10, 2017, 10:50 AM
I'd say Ben Stokes. He's extremely talented with bat, ball and field. Both are different types.

Who is a better fielder?
Shakib or Stokes?

Who is a better bowler?
Shakib or Stokes?

Who is a better batsman?
Shakib or Stokes?

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2017, 11:09 AM
Who is a better fielder?
Shakib or Stokes?

Who is a better bowler?
Shakib or Stokes?

Who is a better batsman?
Shakib or Stokes?
The bold part is not comparable. Carlos says, "hi". This also proves who is better at pressure situation.

How many times Stokes has opened bowling for his team?

SportingBD
June 10, 2017, 11:17 AM
The bold part is not comparable. Carlos says, "hi". This also proves who is better at pressure situation.

How many times Stokes has opened bowling for his team?

Why is it not comparable? both are given responsibility to bowl.. Agree Shakib bowl's more at pressure time, and Stokes less so..

But in terms of overall bowling - I think Shakib edges it.. rightly for the reason stated by yourself.

In terms of fielding and batting - Stokes ahead?

Ashfaq
June 10, 2017, 11:24 AM
5 years down the line, Stokes may well be the better all rounder. But Shakib is the better cricketer right now, no doubt.

Mas_UK25
June 10, 2017, 12:03 PM
Shakib is the best allrounder at the moment in ODI. And that's what matters. Stokes is closely 2nd IMO! But if you ask me who I'd take in none asian conditions? I'd say Stokes.

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 12:29 PM
I really like Shakib for his immense fighting spirit, I really do, but I would go with Stokes in a heartbeat, more talented, has a higher ceiling, and brings that x factor.

Vepu
June 10, 2017, 12:36 PM
Stokes hands down

mufi_02
June 10, 2017, 01:13 PM
not comparable. one is a seamer and the other one a spinner. both plays different role in the team.

stokes vs Abul is a better comparison

Zeeshan
June 10, 2017, 01:33 PM
Not comparable. Stokes played with authority today. Fluent. Brilliant. And when you don't have shaky bottom order you can play like that. OTOH, Shakib performs best under pressure at clutch. I wonder how many times Stokes can do that?

Roey Haque
June 10, 2017, 10:26 PM
Stokes at the moment. Stokes for the future.

Shakib is that kid who could've gotten a 4 GPA, but decided to slack off and get a 3.7 because it would be a good enough. Shakib is like Shaquille O'Neal.

22Yards
June 10, 2017, 10:54 PM
Shakib is very talented but very limited as well in terms of batting. Also he doesn't seem to challenge himself to do better. Stokes is a complete batsman. He wins batting hands down. Now, shakib used to be a better bowler, but these days his bowling does not spark the same feeling like it used to. He went from a break through bowler to a containment one. Overall Stokes more capable and shakib more valuable.

zman
June 10, 2017, 10:57 PM
Not comparable. Stokes played with authority today. Fluent. Brilliant. And when you don't have shaky bottom order you can play like that. OTOH, Shakib performs best under pressure at clutch. I wonder how many times Stokes can do that?
Ditto...Stoke has definitely raised the Stakes recently and played some great innings. Shak OTOH has been frequently asked to shoulder the burden of a nation almost singlehandedly until recently and delivered quite frequently. His greatness lies in the fact that he's been consistently doing it for such a long time, especially with the ball, while mostly staying under the radar.

R0ssei
June 10, 2017, 11:12 PM
Stokes seems to challenge himself in every game. Shakib perhaps left that time of his career.

Eclipse
June 10, 2017, 11:19 PM
Is this even up for a debate? Stokes wipes the floor with Shakib. I admire Shakib,I really do. He's easily the best all-rounder Bangladesh has ever produced.

But that doesn't necessarily mean he's comparable to someone like stokes. Stokes is in the league of Imran, botham, dev and if he remains fit he'll one day surpass them as the best all-rounder who's ever graced the cricket field.

It's quite hilarious that here we r comparing him with shakib who doesn't even get selected to play for kkr on a consistent basis. :facepalm:

Bonglababu
June 11, 2017, 12:11 AM
Is this even up for a debate? Stokes wipes the floor with Shakib. I admire Shakib,I really do. He's easily the best all-rounder Bangladesh has ever produced.

But that doesn't necessarily mean he's comparable to someone like stokes. Stokes is in the league of Imran, botham, dev and if he remains fit he'll one day surpass them as the best all-rounder who's ever graced the cricket field.

It's quite hilarious that here we r comparing him with shakib who doesn't even get selected to play for kkr on a consistent basis. :facepalm:

Stokes in the league of Botham? Are you crazy? How many test has he played and what is the statistics? You could at best compare him with Flintoff but he got a long way to reach at the level of Kallis or Waugh. For How many seasons did you witness Ben Stokes performing consistently? He is just another Lance Klusener who also started with a bang and gleaned praises earlier in his career.

Your overtly ardent desire to undermine our team is not only disingenuous but preposterous. :down:

Eclipse
June 11, 2017, 12:55 AM
Stokes in the league of Botham? Are you crazy? How many test has he played and what is the statistics? You could at best compare him with Flintoff but he got a long way to reach at the level of Kallis or Waugh. For How many seasons did you witness Ben Stokes performing consistently? He is just another Lance Klusener who also started with a bang and gleaned praises earlier in his career.

Your overtly ardent desire to undermine our team is not only disingenuous but preposterous. :down:

I Hope u did watch his batting against Australia yesterday? After a long long time I've watched someone to bat with such authority against one of the best bowling attack in world cricket.

I'm not saying he's already as good of a player as botham or Imran. What I'm saying is he belongs to that league and one day he'll become as good as them if not better.

Look at his contribution towards his ipl team supergiants. Some of the innings he played for supergiants were simply out of this world. He's an impact player and always contributes for his team. Belittling Shakib isn't my intention. He is good but stokes is way better.

Shaan
June 11, 2017, 01:57 AM
funny dubbing after yesterday match :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/86P2XCu7RG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

adamnsu
June 11, 2017, 02:08 AM
Shakib in ODI is better IMO. It's too early to compare with Stokes as he hasn't played that many games and made significant contributions.

Navo
June 11, 2017, 03:52 AM
I think it makes sense to compare them when they were in the same stages of their careers. In 32 tests Stokes has a batting average of 33.96, with 8 fifties and 4 centuries. He has 79 wickets, a bowling average of 34.46, econ of 3.40 and 3 five wicket hauls.

In his first 32 tests, Shakib averaged 36.92 with the bat, with 14 fifties and 2 centuries. He had 113 wickets, a bowling average of 32.62, econ of 2.87 and 10 five wicket hauls.

Turning to ODIs, Stokes has played 58 ODIs. He has a batting average of 33.77, SR of 99.08, 3 centuries and 8 half-centuries. He has 50 wickets, a bowling average of 38.38, econ of 6.10, one four-wicket haul and one five wicket-haul

Over the same span of 52 matches, Shakib had a batting average of 32.42, SR of 68.19, 2 centuries and 7 half-centuries. He had 51 wickets, a bowling average of 34.29, econ of 4.22 and no 4 wicket hauls.

I think it's fair to say that at similar points in their career, Shakib was the more incisive and miserly bowler, especially in Tests. In terms of batting, Shakib had a higher test average and more fifties, but as Tests are about scoring 'big' runs, Stokes edges it.The difference is more stark in ODI batting, not only does Stokes have a marginally higher batting average but the difference in SR is a staggering 30 (!) This may be because Shakib played his first 52 games between 2006-2008, a different era for batting, but nonetheless, it would seem Stokes has a bigger impact in the ODIs he bats in.

Looking at Shakib's example is also instructive from the perspective that his performance as a batsman has improved in subsequent years - in both ODIs and Tests - but his bowling returns have tailed off. It will be interesting to see which direction Stokes goes a few more years down the line.

tiger1000
June 11, 2017, 05:58 AM
Shakib is clearly a level above him

I'll have stokes the odi batsman though

Test

Batting

Shakib levels above Stokes

Bowling

Shakib levels above Stokes

ODI

Batting

50/50 I'll have Stokes

Bowling

Shakib levels above

The Shakib haters will claim Stokes is better, but that's simply incorrect, Stokes is a impact player for sure, but I watch nearly every England match, and that's all he is an impact player, he's not consistent

Shakib is a consistency player, always putting in 7/10, 8/10s, he's far above Stokes

Stokes poor performances get covered up because England have been a superior team to bangladesh

In ODI its Shakib with Stokes a close second

In tests, there is no competition

T20 I couldn't care less

Stokes is younger though, has fee years on Shakib

One thing to note about the stats is Shakib played more matches in his teens and early 20's, when Stokes was just coming in, so Stokes stats will be made out of majority of his prime

Tigers_eye
June 11, 2017, 06:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oinroFWwY

And for fun
https://www.google.com/search?q=stokes+Ben&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS700US700&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDo6Kn27XUAhVB5iYKHce3Da0Q_AUICygC&biw=1150&bih=524#imgrc=UVVqSrCpTPTGQM:
Do you remember this?

How about
https://www.google.com/search?q=stokes+Ben&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS700US700&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDo6Kn27XUAhVB5iYKHce3Da0Q_AUICygC&biw=1150&bih=524#tbm=isch&q=stokes+Ben+vs+marlon+samuels&imgrc=GvRsTQ_e36SnwM:

This is What Ben Stoke deserves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1dnH9ZVIRg

Being competitive and firey is well and good. Being even cocky is acceptable to a certain degree. Being abusive in a cricket field is BULLING. There is no place of bulling in anywhere.

Unless he changes his attitude I don't consider him as a human. People change. Case and point Warner.

cricket_king
June 11, 2017, 08:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3oinroFWwY

And for fun
https://www.google.com/search?q=stokes+Ben&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS700US700&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDo6Kn27XUAhVB5iYKHce3Da0Q_AUICygC&biw=1150&bih=524#imgrc=UVVqSrCpTPTGQM:
Do you remember this?

How about
https://www.google.com/search?q=stokes+Ben&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS700US700&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDo6Kn27XUAhVB5iYKHce3Da0Q_AUICygC&biw=1150&bih=524#tbm=isch&q=stokes+Ben+vs+marlon+samuels&imgrc=GvRsTQ_e36SnwM:

This is What Ben Stoke deserves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1dnH9ZVIRg

Being competitive and firey is well and good. Being even cocky is acceptable to a certain degree. Being abusive in a cricket field is BULLING. There is no place of bulling in anywhere.

Unless he changes his attitude I don't consider him as a human. People change. Case and point Warner.

LOL "don't consider him human". What an escalation. Chill mate, he's a w!nker no doubt, but he's still human.

simon
June 11, 2017, 08:09 AM
Sakib better but Stkes is a better odi batsman.
But Stokes is an excellent AR who could take over Sakib in near future.

Holden
June 11, 2017, 08:38 AM
Stokes is the better batsman and Shakib the better bowler, overall it's quite close right now but Stokes has a higher ceiling, and plays with such intensity that is unmatched.

Electron
June 13, 2017, 10:01 PM
Stokes, every day, every week.

Night_wolf
June 14, 2017, 09:20 AM
Pressure match, Stokes have been totally flop so far

lets see how Shakib performs

Mas_UK25
June 14, 2017, 09:28 AM
Stokes, every day, every week.

You would go Stokes over the legendary Jadeja? :lol:

Mas_UK25
June 14, 2017, 09:29 AM
Stokes like most England players under pressure can't handle it. Shakib is the best. Haters swallow it or it doesn't matter what you think, Shakib is rated number 1. And that's what matters most!

MHRAM
June 14, 2017, 09:32 AM
Stokes have completely disappeared today

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 09:33 AM
You would go Stokes over the legendary Jadeja? :lol:
Jadeja has been a better bowler than Shakib for quite some time now, his batting is a bonus as we hardly need his batting, I forgot when was the last time I have seen him bat :lol:

WarWolf
June 14, 2017, 09:40 AM
Jadeja has been a better bowler than Shakib for quite some time now, his batting is a bonus as we hardly need his batting, I forgot when was the last time I have seen him bat :lol:

You will need him to bat tomorrow badly!

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 09:46 AM
You will need him to bat tomorrow badly!

Why ? He isn't opening our batting tomorrow nor coming one down :lol:

WarWolf
June 14, 2017, 09:49 AM
Why ? He isn't opening our batting tomorrow nor coming one down :lol:

Because your batting tail is going to be exposed quickly as a result of batting collapse.

nsuRocks
June 14, 2017, 09:53 AM
I like Stokes a lot. Better batsman than Flintoff for sure. And even gets reverse swing in subcontinental conditions. But he's still a newbie finding his way.
NO way as good as Shakib in pressure situations. Simply bottles up like a debutant.

Night_wolf
June 14, 2017, 09:55 AM
I like Stokes a lot. Better batsman than Flintoff for sure. And even gets reverse swing in subcontinental conditions. But he's still a newbie finding his way.
NO way as good as Shakib in pressure situations. Simply bottles up like a debutant.

lets see how shakib does tomorrow before making any judgement

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 09:58 AM
Because your batting tail is going to be exposed quickly as a result of batting collapse.

You are kidding right? vepu da, tell me he is kidding, right? :D

Habib
June 14, 2017, 11:26 AM
And still, Shakib > Stokes.

Night_wolf
June 14, 2017, 12:21 PM
And still, Shakib > Stokes.

I would say the verdict is still out..at this point its equal.

Shaan
June 14, 2017, 12:44 PM
stokes who choked in the match when matter most.

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 12:54 PM
stokes who choked in the match when matter most.

Dada kemon achen? profile pic dekhe mone hochhe darun excited kaal ker matcher age :D

Shaan
June 14, 2017, 12:58 PM
Dada kemon achen? profile pic dekhe mone hochhe darun excited kaal ker matcher age :D

arre dada kolijay pani nai, ostir ostir lagtase. tension e asi..
apnar ki obosta?

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 01:36 PM
arre dada kolijay pani nai, ostir ostir lagtase. tension e asi..
apnar ki obosta?

Ek i obostha, tai to hoi, player ra chill mare aar fan der obostha kahil hoye jai :lol:

Shaan
June 15, 2017, 02:25 AM
This stokes guy is nothing but another hype who can't play game out of his comfort zone, in pressure situation when matter most he turned into more then ordinary. Can't believe even couldn't hit a single boundary yesterday after playing so many balls. Got smashed by young boys, equally one leg retirement Hafeez treated him like gali bowler.

Shakib is much better player, only hype is not there cause he is not any Austarlian or English.

tiger1000
June 15, 2017, 04:20 AM
I would say the verdict is still out..at this point its equal.

Verdict still out?

Shakibs been at this level for 10 years, Stokes for like 1

SportingBD
June 19, 2017, 08:49 AM
Did a poll on my twitter account: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c (14 voted Stokes, 7 Shakib) are we biased here?

SportingBD
June 19, 2017, 09:02 AM
Did a poll on my twitter account: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c (14 voted Stokes, 7 Shakib) are we biased here?

If we add the result from Twitter with BC Poll: Shakib (12 BC, 7 T) = 19 votes, Stokes (11 BC, 14 T) = 25 votes. So result becomes Shakib - 43% and Stokes - 57%. Fair result?

SportingBD
June 19, 2017, 11:02 AM
Stokes make the ICC team of the tournament XI - Shakib doesn't hmm!

moinul_huq
June 27, 2017, 10:16 AM
Shak is 2* the player.

SportingBD
June 27, 2017, 12:42 PM
Shakib ranked #1 in All-Formats, again.

Can stokes ever do that?

patriot
June 28, 2017, 01:44 AM
^ These rankings mean fkall. Imad wasim is the worlds number 1 T20 bowler. Lol.

4 of our players are in the top 10 T20 batting/ bowling rankings and we are worse than Afghanistan.

godzilla
June 28, 2017, 03:12 AM
Stokes make the ICC team of the tournament XI - Shakib doesn't hmm!

apart from that century, this guy has been seriously out of form in all the other games with both bat and ball. are you surprised?

MHRAM
June 28, 2017, 05:28 AM

4 of our players are in the top 10 T20 batting/ bowling rankings and we are worse than Afghanistan.

It goes to show how little contribution we have had from our other cricketers.

Mushy, Mash, haven't done much in T20s. Tamim is a tad too slow and doesn't deliver often.

Our spinners in T20s are rather poor.

aklemalp
June 28, 2017, 07:23 PM
Autobiography:

Ben Stokes -1
Shakib Al Hasan -0

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 07:44 AM
How the hell did Jadeja become No.1 ranked All-Rounder in Test?

Completely missed that or his performances.!

Mooen Ali becoming very competitive. Could see interesting battle for no.1 All-Rounder rank.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 10:21 AM

Check his stats for last two years or so, one of the major architects of India's 8 consecutive series win, his batting won us tests against England and NZ. He is a different batsman in test, crap in limited overs though.

RealSports
August 8, 2017, 10:29 AM
He's in the top 4, but definitely not #1. Shakib scored 100s against New Zealand and Sri Lanka not so long ago. Problem is that unlike India, the Bangladesh team don't get to play as many tests. Also, Jadeja has pitches orientated for his bowling whereas Shakib generally doesn't. Cricket rankings are sadly unreliable today. Seriously! Ashwin once was ranked as #1 all-rounder for like a year as well, so that proves just how much of a joke the ranking system can be.

godzilla
August 8, 2017, 10:42 AM

Mooen Ali becoming very competitive. Could see interesting battle for no.1 All-Rounder rank.

He has been doing what Shakib was doing with the ball back in the days to claim the number 1 title. Started off as a crappy player and finally blossomed into a proper bowler who can bat somewhat.

kalpurush
August 8, 2017, 10:44 AM

How we are worse than the Afghans? You just said ranking isfkall!!

aklemalp
August 8, 2017, 10:45 AM
Mooen Ali might soon claim the top test all-rounder soon.

Interesting times, we have quite a few all rounders who are performing:

Ashwin
Moeen
Stokes
Jaddu
Holder
Shakib

Hold on to your seats, it's gonna be a wild ride!

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 10:53 AM
He's in the top 4, but definitely not #1. Shakib scored 100s against New Zealand and Sri Lanka not so long ago. Problem is that unlike India, the Bangladesh team don't get to play as many tests. Also, Jadeja has pitches orientated for his bowling whereas Shakib generally doesn't. Cricket rankings are sadly unreliable today. Seriously! Ashwin once was ranked as #1 all-rounder for like a year as well, so that proves just how much of a joke the ranking system can be.

So Rankings are a joke whenever Shakib is not no 1? I refuse to counter this logic, you win bro :up:

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 10:54 AM
Had someone like Stokes claimed the No.1 rank, would have said deserved! Quality AR.

But someone like Jadeja? A joke of a batsman!!! My God.

Akash Chopra did a poll yesterday! Who is the best AR! Stokes won the poll.
HOWEVER!

Out of four option! Shakib came last! This fools!!! Ashwin came second!!! WTH!!

aklemalp
August 8, 2017, 11:00 AM
Jadeja is an underrated batsman... the dude has like about 3 triple centuries in FC cricket.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 11:09 AM
Had someone like Stokes claimed the No.1 rank, would have said deserved! Quality AR.

HOWEVER!

Jadeja won us matches single handedly with his alround performance , how many test matches did Shakib won for Bangladesh ? Hell Jadeja will probably be our first choice AR when we travel oversees along with Pandya, too bad rankings are not dictated by the whims and wishes of the fanboyz :lol:

tiger1000
August 8, 2017, 11:13 AM

It'll be same thing it's always been, Shakib will take back what's his when gets to play test cricket

Moeen, ashwin, Jadeja, Stokes, they're good players who will put in more match winning performances due to teams being better, but no question they're a level below Shakib

They'll have ups and down in their careers, but Shakib has been going strong for a decade

tiger1000
August 8, 2017, 11:16 AM
Jadeja won us matches single handedly with his alround performance , how many test matches did Shakib won for Bangladesh ? Hell Jadeja will probably be our first choice AR when we travel oversees along with Pandya, too bad rankings are not dictated by the whims and wishes of the fanboyz :lol:

Yes because India and Bangladesh has been equally strong teams

I disagree with sentiment Jadeja isn't a good player, but cmon now he's simply not as good as Shakib as an all rounder

tiger1000
August 8, 2017, 11:20 AM

HOWEVER!

Stokes is massively overrated by people who don't watch England play and English fans, I watch most of their games, take away stats and base it off performance and ability, I can tell you Stokes in no way the best all rounder

Currently Shakib is simply a level above everyone,

Level below likes of Jadeja ashwin moeen Stokes fight it out, and from that group it's between Stokes and Jadeja in my opinion, Stokes is awful 9/10 games, Jadeja is more consistent

My ranking would be

Shakib
Jadeja
Stokes
Moeen
Ashwin

Ashwin has gone a bit off boil of late, but past 5 years, I'd have him 2nd best

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 11:21 AM
It'll be same thing it's always been, Shakib will take back what's his when gets to play test cricket

Moeen, ashwin, Jadeja, Stokes, they're good players who will put in more match winning performances due to teams being better, but no question they're a level below Shakib

They'll have ups and down in their careers, but Shakib has been going strong for a decade

I'm a bit dazzled with you saying Stokes is a level behind Shakib, I agree with the others you mentioned. I think Stokes has high ceilings/quality than Shakib. If anyone genuinely can be considered a threat to Shakib's crown, than in my opinion it's Stokes.

Jadeja and Ashwin are complete JOKES!
Moeen clearly third best All-Rounder in WC at the moment, after Shakib/Stokes.

BTW I watch most England games! So yeah still think Stokes a Great find.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 11:49 AM
Yes because India and Bangladesh has been equally strong teams

Sarcasm, right?:D

I disagree with sentiment Jadeja isn't a good player, but cmon now he's simply not as good as Shakib as an all rounder

Perhaps you are not getting my point, ranking is not about who has more talent. When it comes to sheer talent and potential Stokes is probably better than all, have you seen Ashwin's batting? An absolute beauty to watch when he plays strokes, he has more shots than Azhar Ali, but we are talking about performance here, Shakib as a batsman is as good as they come while his impact as a bowler is almost non existent for quite some time. Let me say this again Jadeja is a better bowler now and Shakib has always been a better batsman than Jadeja, the difference is Jaddu won us multiple matches by performing with both bat and bowl, Shakib did not. BD does not get to play many matches or Shakib often doesn't get much support from his teammates are not Jadeja's fault right?

Rankings are not based on emotions, it can not and does not always reflect talent or potential, but what it does is it produces results based on performance, stats, facts and figures and if current performance is the criteria Jaddu is second to none.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 11:55 AM
Jadeja and Ashwin are complete JOKES!

You have a knack of making a fool out of yourself, don't you? :D

Don't get me wrong, but when you say stuff like that it becomes hard for others to take you seriously.

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 12:17 PM
You have a knack of making a fool out of yourself, don't you? :D

Don't get me wrong, but when you say stuff like that it becomes hard for others to take you seriously.

Be ready to be doomed. You are very inexperienced, and I will teach you cricket. Patience.

Just came back from work. Let me eat, and be right back! Don't be afraid.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 12:26 PM
Be ready to be doomed. You are very inexperienced, and I will teach you cricket. Patience.

Just came back from work. Let me eat, and be right back! Don't be afraid.

Alright uncle bada$$, take your time :D

I have experienced your wisdom first hand in that 'Mashrafe' thread :lol:

MHRAM
August 8, 2017, 12:47 PM
While I agree Jadeja has won India some matches but he had support. Do you know in the matches Bangladesh have won Shakib has been clinical with both bat and ball with the exception of a win against Zimbabwe in 2013. He helped us win against England and Lanka not too long ago
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 01:25 PM
Alright uncle bada$$, take your time :D

I have experienced your wisdom first hand in that 'Mashrafe' thread :lol:

Dear Junior,
You have to cover all your bases before you counter argue with my post. Those that usually counter argue my post are very experienced and know a lot about cricket.

Let me start. When you judge a quality of a player, you need to look at how they perform overseas. Because, the conditions are not as favourable like how it is when they play at home (your beloved India, those turners).

Last 5 years batting average of Shakib, Jadeja and Ashwin.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 559pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=745 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 79pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3840" width=105> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=10 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 79pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=105> </TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64> Mat (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=matches; spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval1 =span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Inns (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=innings; spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval1 =span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>NO (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=notouts; spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval1 =span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Runs</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>HS (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=high_sco re;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanv al1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" width=64>Ave (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=batting_ average;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012; spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting )</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>BF (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=balls_fa ced;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;span val1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>SR (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=batting_ strike_rate;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2 012;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bat ting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>100 (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=hundreds ;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval 1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>50 (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=fifty_pl us;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanv al1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib Al Hasan</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 7
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>14</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>0</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>699</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>217</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" align=right>49.92</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>997</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>70.11</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>4</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>R Ashwin</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 16
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>25</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>4</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>669</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>118</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" align=right>31.85</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>1273</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>52.55</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>RA Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 10
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>17</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>374</TD> <TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">70*</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" align=right>24.93</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>525</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>71.23</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>0</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You see, Shakib Al Hasan wins here. Jadeja is a JOKE outside India.
Not only he wins on a 5 year timescale, he wins on 3 years also. Averages 50+, while JA below 31!

Last 5 years bowling average of Shakib, Jadeja and Ashwin

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 511pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=681 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 79pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3840" width=105> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=9 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 79pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=105> </TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Mat</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Inns</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Overs</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Mdns</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" width=64>Runs</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>WK</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Ave</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Econ</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>SR</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib Al Hasan</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 7
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>14</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>259.4</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>36</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>852</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>21</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>40.57</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3.28</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>74.1</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>R Ashwin</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 16
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>28</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>634.4</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>111</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2012</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>69</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>29.15</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3.17</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>55.1</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>RA Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 10
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>18</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>445.1</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>85</TD> <TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">1252</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>34</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>36.82</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2.81</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>78.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Both Ashwin and Jadeja has better bowling figures away from home than Shakib.
Needs to be pointed out that India in the last couples of years have played numerous number of test matches against Sri Lanka:facepalm:

46% of Ashwins wickets came against Sri Lanka from the 69 wickets taken away from home. :applause:

The point which I made Jadeja being one of the worst batsman can be seen from the stats batting away from home compared to Shakib. I never considered Ashwin to be a All-rounder, his a genuine off-spinner. His record in batting is decent, that's all.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 02:22 PM
Dear Junior,
You have to cover all your bases before you counter argue with my post. Those that usually counter argue my post are very experienced and know a lot about cricket.

Let me start. When you judge a quality of a player, you need to look at how they perform overseas. Because, the conditions are not as favourable like how it is when they play at home (your beloved India, those turners).

Last 5 years batting average of Shakib, Jadeja and Ashwin.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 559pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=745 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 79pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3840" width=105> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=10 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 79pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=105> </TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64> Mat (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=matches; spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval1 =span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Inns (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=innings; spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval1 =span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>NO (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=notouts; spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval1 =span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Runs</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>HS (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=high_sco re;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanv al1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" width=64>Ave (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=batting_ average;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012; spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting )</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>BF (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=balls_fa ced;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;span val1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>SR (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=batting_ strike_rate;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2 012;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bat ting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>100 (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=hundreds ;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanval 1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>50 (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;home_or_away=2;orderby=fifty_pl us;spanmax1=08+Aug+2017;spanmin1=08+Aug+2012;spanv al1=span;team=6;template=results;type=batting)</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib Al Hasan</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 7
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>14</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>0</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>699</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>217</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" align=right>49.92</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>997</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>70.11</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>4</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>R Ashwin</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 16
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>25</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>4</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>669</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>118</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" align=right>31.85</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>1273</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>52.55</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>RA Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 10
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>17</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>374</TD> <TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">70*</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" align=right>24.93</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>525</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>71.23</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>0</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You see, Shakib Al Hasan wins here. Jadeja is a JOKE outside India.
Not only he wins on a 5 year timescale, he wins on 3 years also. Averages 50+, while JA below 31!

Last 5 years bowling average of Shakib, Jadeja and Ashwin

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 511pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=681 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 79pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3840" width=105> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=9 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 79pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=105> </TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Mat</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Inns</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Overs</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Mdns</TD> <TD class=xl66 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" width=64>Runs</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>WK</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Ave</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Econ</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>SR</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib Al Hasan</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 7
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>14</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>259.4</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>36</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>852</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>21</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>40.57</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3.28</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>74.1</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>R Ashwin</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 16
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>28</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>634.4</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>111</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2012</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>69</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>29.15</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3.17</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>55.1</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>RA Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right> 10
</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>18</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>445.1</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>85</TD> <TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">1252</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>34</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>36.82</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2.81</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>78.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Both Ashwin and Jadeja has better bowling figures away from home than Shakib.
Needs to be pointed out that India in the last couples of years have played numerous number of test matches against Sri Lanka:facepalm:

46% of Ashwins wickets came against Sri Lanka from the 69 wickets taken away from home. :applause:

The point which I made Jadeja being one of the worst batsman can be seen from the stats batting away from home compared to Shakib. I never considered Ashwin to be a All-rounder, his a genuine off-spinner. His record in batting is decent, that's all.

Uncle,

You are too cocky for someone who has a comprehension ability of a toddler. This discussion is not about who has more talent, this is about who performed better in the current time and the validity of the current ranking. You should be the last person bragging about cricketing knowledge when you don't know that both home and away points are same, you do not get any bonus points for performing abroad. Turner, greener, flatter, dustier don't matter. :facepalm:
Players are evaluated based on their current performances, match winning century against mighty Zimbabwe years ago don't matter jack. I don't have to paste tables and spreadsheet to prove my point and simple analysis on their 2017 stats will do the trick.

Jaddu in 2017

Matches WK Bowling AVG Eco 5W Runs Batting AVG MOM
7 44 22.40 2.51 3 288 48.00 2

Shakib in 2017

Matches WK Bowling AVG Eco 5W Runs Batting AVG MOM
5 17 41.05 3.27 0 550 55 0

So what do we get from the above stat? Shakib clearly performed better with the bat but his bowling is worse than part timers, Jadeja performed decently with bat while his bowling was top notch. Even a noob will understand from the above stat that Jaddu has a much balanced, clearly superior alround figure in 2017.

Again the topic was never about talent or potential, it is about the validity of the ranking.

So, Who is a better alround performer in 2017 so far? Jaddu

Is the current Alrounder ranking valid? Yes

Hence proved.

You know budd Instead of whining and belittling others sometimes you just gotta accept the fact and move on.

Cheers

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 02:38 PM
@ Junior.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 192pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=256 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=4 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=64></TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>BT AVG</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>100</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>50</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>46.85</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>41.43</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>0</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Shakib still performed better than Jadeja in batting the last 12 months.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 192pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=256 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=4 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=64></TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>BW AVG</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Econ</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>SR</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>31.68</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3.12</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>60.8</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>23.47</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2.38</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>58.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jadeja has better bowling average than Shakib. How many has Jadeja played home?

13 out of his last 16 test match he played has been in INDIA!!! LOL...why wouldn't his bowling numbers be good?

How would Shakib's number be if all his last test match was at home? I mean common bro.. its common sense. What's belittling about this?

The ranking is flawed... for sure... 100%.. more weigh should be given to away matches.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 02:59 PM
@ Junior.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 192pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=256 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=4 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=64></TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>BT AVG</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>100</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 align=right>50</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>46.85</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>41.43</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>0</TD> <TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Shakib still performed better than Jadeja in batting the last 12 months.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 192pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=256 border=0> <COLGROUP> <COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=4 width=64> <TBODY> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20 width=64></TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>BW AVG</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>Econ</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>SR</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Shakib</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>31.68</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>3.12</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>60.8</TD></TR> <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Jadeja</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>23.47</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2.38</TD> <TD class=xl65 style="BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>58.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jadeja has better bowling average than Shakib. How many has Jadeja played home?

His last 13 out of 16 test match he played has been in INDIA!!! LOL...why wouldn't his bowling numbers be good?

How would Shakib's number be if all his last 15 test match was at home? I mean common bro.. its common sense. What's belittling about this?

The ranking is flawed... for sure... 100%.. more weigh should be given to away matches.

Go submit a petition instead of whining here :lol:

Funny thing is none of the teams that we demolished neither whined nor lodged any complaints about pitches but seems you absorbed all of their collective pains only to vent here. Now I get why most people here don't take you seriously, discussing with you is almost like banging my head against a wall. Shakib is probably the best alrounder from current generation but that does not mean he owns that no 1 spot or something like that. Sachin, Lara, Ponting, Wasim, Donald all had their ups and downs in the rankings none gave a flying duck about that, and here you are crying for your spot.:lol:

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 03:02 PM
Go submit a petition instead of whining here :lol:

Funny thing is none of the teams that we demolished neither whined nor lodged any complaints about pitches but seems you absorbed all of their collective pains only to vent here. Now I get why most people here don't take you seriously, discussing with you is almost like banging my head against a wall. Shakib is probably the best alrounder from current generation but that does not mean he owns that no 1 spot or something like that. Sachin, Lara, Ponting, Wasim, Donald all had their ups and downs in the rankings none gave a flying duck about that, and here you are crying for your spot.:lol:

Hmmm... Jadeja took most of his wickets against teams that don't play spin well.

I mean...why would they complain? they sort of are meant to struggle...

NZ, AUS, ENG! his bulk of wickets came against them last 12 months.

Ps. Just showing how a flawed ranking system can make a shitty player like Jadeja no.1.... that's all.

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 03:12 PM
Hmmm... Jadeja took most of his wickets against teams that don't play spin well.

I mean...why would they complain? they sort of are meant to struggle...

NZ, AUS, ENG! his bulk of wickets came against them last 12 months.

Ps. Just showing how a flawed ranking system can make a shitty player like Jadeja no.1.... that's all.

You need a bucket or something ? BC toh bhese gelo chokher jole :lol:

Viva la Ranking System, ICC Ranking Zindabad, beche thako baba Ranking :big_hug:

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 03:14 PM
You need a bucket or something ? BC toh bhese gelo chokher jole :lol:

Viva la Ranking System :big_hug:

Just waiting to see your Jadejas and ashwins play in England/NZ/Australia..
Hopefully they don't sit out...

Or are they going to play forever in India.. I mean come on..:lol:

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 03:21 PM
Just waiting to see your Jadejas and ashwins play in England/NZ/Australia..
Hopefully they don't sit out...

Or are they going to play forever in India.. I mean come on..:lol:

We will drop them if need be but won't let anything happen to their beautiful stats :lol:

BCCI's secret agenda, stop Shakib from becoming no 1 again. Why? Cuz your crying face is priceless :lol:

SportingBD
August 8, 2017, 03:23 PM
We will drop them if need be but won't let anything happen to their beautiful stats :lol:

BCCI's secret agenda, stop Shakib from becoming no 1 again. Why? Cuz your crying face is priceless :lol:

My friend, the king will conquer back his throne.!

Just watch superman Shakib vs. Australia...:D

The king doesn't depend on silly tactics from others... come on...

Roy_1
August 8, 2017, 06:22 PM
My friend, the king will conquer back his throne.!

Just watch superman Shakib vs. Australia...:D

The king doesn't depend on silly tactics from others... come on...

Whatever makes you sleep tight at night buddy :D

BTW, I am not a Shakib hater despite what you might think, just that purely based on his recent performances he does not deserve the no 1 spot. His batting is top class as always but bowling gone AWOL.

cricket_king
August 8, 2017, 07:48 PM
Gotta agree that Jadeja is a far better bowler than Shakib. Shakib's forgotten how to turn the ball. Jadeja's also one of the world's best fielders.

But it's gotta be said that Jadeja is a gumbie of a batsman who is no where near Shakib's league.

Nonetheless, it's 1-1, with Jadeja being the better fielder.

cricket_king
August 8, 2017, 07:50 PM
Also, notice what happens when you have too many Indian fans on your forum - a "Stokes v Shakib" thread becomes a "[insert indian player] v Shakib" thread.

Night_wolf
August 8, 2017, 08:00 PM
Also, notice what happens when you have too many Indian fans on your forum - a "Stokes v Shakib" thread becomes a "[insert indian player] v Shakib" thread.

Its not the indian poster who started ranting about jadeja becoming No.1 AR in tests in this thread

RealSports
August 9, 2017, 09:21 AM
I'm not a fan of this ranking system currently being employed. Players' and teams' performances away from home should hold more weight. Shakib scored a double-hundred away to New Zealand, and that too in pressure situation. He also scored a hundred away to Sri Lanka. What has Jadeja done with the bat? Okay, with the ball Shakib has struggled since, but if you look at Jadeja with the ball, he's had help with pitches he's been bowling on – turning pitches. Don't get me wrong, Jadeja has improved a lot as a player since 13, and has become a very good spinner now, but he's definitely not the #1 ranked test all-rounder – not by a long-shot. Also, Ben Stokes is overrated – "hit n miss" player really. He can be extremely classy with the bat, but his bowling (despite potential) is ordinary based on what I've seen in his career thus far: stats back that up btw. Also, take into account the number of matches the likes of Jadeja and Stokes get to play compared to Shakib especially in tests. Bangladesh play on average five tests per year; whereas, teams such as India and England play more than double that amount.

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 09:24 AM
Its not the indian poster who started ranting about jadeja becoming No.1 AR in tests in this thread

85% of matches Jadeja played was in India last three years.

Shakib's number in the same timescale is 66%.

The point made was away matches should have a higher weigh on it.

Roy_1
August 9, 2017, 10:50 AM

Too Many? :-/ I am the only active Indian here, my swag is too much to handle? :D J/K

Why so grumpy man? I bring different perspective and view points to the table, diversity of opinions is good for this board, if you want only Bangladeshi posters here, by all means take it up to the management and get me banned, but as long as this forum is open to all I will keep posting. :)

Roy_1
August 9, 2017, 11:25 AM
I'm not a fan of this ranking system currently being employed. Players' and teams' performances away from home should hold more weight. Shakib scored a double-hundred away to New Zealand, and that too in pressure situation. He also scored a hundred away to Sri Lanka. What has Jadeja done with the bat? Okay, with the ball Shakib has struggled since, but if you look at Jadeja with the ball, he's had help with pitches he's been bowling on – turning pitches. Don't get me wrong, Jadeja has improved a lot as a player since 13, and has become a very good spinner now, but he's definitely not the #1 ranked test all-rounder – not by a long-shot. Also, Ben Stokes is overrated – "hit n miss" player really. He can be extremely classy with the bat, but his bowling (despite potential) is ordinary based on what I've seen in his career thus far: stats back that up btw. Also, take into account the number of matches the likes of Jadeja and Stokes get to play compared to Shakib especially in tests. Bangladesh play on average five tests per year; whereas, teams such as India and England play more than double that amount.

Your disagreement with the way current ranking is formulated is your personal opinion and I respect that. I have not once expressed any doubts about Shakib's batting prowess, he would definitely get into most of the team's first XI on his batting alone, it is his bowling which has been below average for far too long. Jadeja may not be as good as Shakib with the bat but no noob either, most of the times he doesn't even get a chance to bat due the stalwarts who bat up the order often gets the job done leaving nothing for him to do with the bat, yet he has been consistent for last one year with the bat and has been instrumental in enforcing multiple successful declaration, he has been averaging near 50 for last one year.

Have you read Isam's article? It is BCB you should blame for BD not getting enough matches, BCB being the third richest cricket board is not able to organize enough home series, I am sorry to say but this is sheer incompetence and lack of vision on BCB's part. Honestly some introspection is needed instead of playing the same broken "We don't get to play many tests" record time and time again, no offence.

I do not agree with your opinion on Stokes, plenty of past ATGs were inconsistent at the beginning of their career, patience and temperament takes time, many don't like him as a person and that often cloud their judgement, from what I have seen of him he is a potential ATG with a higher ceiling than even the great Botham (Just my opinion), one of the most gifted cricketers of the current generation and the most valuable and marketable player of the game right now along with Kohli.

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 11:33 AM
Very good post @Roy, especially the part about BCB/Stokes. Thoughtful.

tiger1000
August 9, 2017, 03:16 PM
Your disagreement with the way current ranking is formulated is your personal opinion and I respect that. I have not once expressed any doubts about Shakib's batting prowess, he would definitely get into most of the team's first XI on his batting alone, it is his bowling which has been below average for far too long. Jadeja may not be as good as Shakib with the bat but no noob either, most of the times he doesn't even get a chance to bat due the stalwarts who bat up the order often gets the job done leaving nothing for him to do with the bat, yet he has been consistent for last one year with the bat and has been instrumental in enforcing multiple successful declaration, he has been averaging near 50 for last one year.

Have you read Isam's article? It is BCB you should blame for BD not getting enough matches, BCB being the third richest cricket board is not able to organize enough home series, I am sorry to say but this is sheer incompetence and lack of vision on BCB's part. Honestly some introspection is needed instead of playing the same broken "We don't get to play many tests" record time and time again, no offence.

I do not agree with your opinion on Stokes, plenty of past ATGs were inconsistent at the beginning of their career, patience and temperament takes time, many don't like him as a person and that often cloud their judgement, from what I have seen of him he is a potential ATG with a higher ceiling than even the great Botham (Just my opinion), one of the most gifted cricketers of the current generation and the most valuable and marketable player of the game right now along with Kohli.

Since 2016 Shakib has averaged 31 with the ball

Stokes potential ATG... What are you smoking. I can tell you from watching 90% of his matches (England being my second team) that he is hugely overrated, marketable maybe, gifted? Hell no. He's a good batsmen, but he's very mediocre with the ball unless it's reversing. His 2/10 performances that he puts in majority of times doesn't get mentioned at all, mostly because his bowling is often not needed, his great performances are talked about non stop. He bowls in excellent conditions yet he produces poor results with the ball, he's used to give others a rest, he only bowls like 10-12 overs an innings, he's used almost as a part timer 8 times out of 10. His batting whilst destructive he bat's in the middle lower order when balls gone soft and bowlers are often tired.

Hes the sort that will look great in highlights, but take it from someone who's watched around 30 of his 36 test matches, he's an impact player who puts in great performances here and there, never consistently as an all rounder, more consistent with bat than ball though. You talk of him like he's 22/23, he's not, he's entering his prime as an all rounder, he's not even Flintoff good, so I assume you're joking when comparing him to Botham.

Rifat
August 9, 2017, 10:47 PM
Moeen Ali and Chris Woakes are hugely underrated modern day English players

cricket_king
August 9, 2017, 11:58 PM
Too Many? :-/ I am the only active Indian here, my swag is too much to handle? :D J/K

Why so grumpy man? I bring different perspective and view points to the table, diversity of opinions is good for this board, if you want only Bangladeshi posters here, by all means take it up to the management and get me banned, but as long as this forum is open to all I will keep posting. :)

Curious as to which part of my post suggested bad-temper. Not asking you to refrain from posting. Was making an observation, albeit unfairly as indicated by Night_wolf's post. You're actually not the typical troll Indian member from what I've seen so far. I am, however, suspicious of those that spend what would appear to be an unusual amount of time on cricket forums of teams they don't primarily support.

tiger1000
August 10, 2017, 07:55 AM
Moeen Ali and Chris Woakes are hugely underrated modern day English players

They're both better test players than stokes, woakes depending on conditions though

RealSports
August 10, 2017, 11:08 AM
What sets Shakib apart from the rest of the all-rounders is the fact that he's been a fantastic all-round players across all forms. He's been ranked #1 all-rounder in all three formats for a long period for a reason. Same can't be said with players such as Jadeja or Stokes. A player like Ben Stokes has been rubbish with the ball in limited overs.

godzilla
August 12, 2017, 01:25 AM
How did a Stokes V Shakib turn into Jadeja V Shakib, LOL!

Yankees
August 12, 2017, 01:11 PM
Curious as to which part of my post suggested bad-temper. Not asking you to refrain from posting. Was making an observation, albeit unfairly as indicated by Night_wolf's post. You're actually not the typical troll Indian member from what I've seen so far. I am, however, suspicious of those that spend what would appear to be an unusual amount of time on cricket forums of teams they don't primarily support.

What's there to be suspicious about? You just said he's not a troll, yet you have an issue with him participating in this forum. I'm sure there are plenty of Bengalis in the Indian/Pakistani/Aus messege boards. Frankly we need different perspectives rather than the usual "we can win the WC" after every win and "Get rid of the team, everyone's a bolod" after every loss.

Yankees
August 12, 2017, 01:34 PM
Anyone that thinks Stokes or Jadeja is better than Shakib needs to ask themselves this: what would happen if they switched positions. If Shakib played in an Indian or English team, this would never be a discussion.

Stokes/Jadeja in Bangladeshi setup couldn't do s*it. Jadeja benefits so much from playing along side Ashwin and having world class batting ahead of him. He never faces any pressure with the bat or ball. Same goes for Stokes. Shakib is always expected to be our best ball and savior with the bat, because the 4 or 5 batsmen ahead of him always fall apart. Shakib excels in spite of playing for Bangladesh.

Eclipse
August 13, 2017, 02:11 PM
Those who believe that shakib is in the league of Ashwin, jadeja and Stokes r seriously delusional. When was the last time shakib ran through the opposition with the ball like ash or jaddu?

Shakib's batting has improved slightly in last couple of years but his bowling has deteriorated so much that he shouldn't be even considered as an all rounder now. He's worse than a part timer with the ball these days.

Do u guys honestly believe that England would've preferred shakib over Ali if they had that option? Never.

tiger1000
August 13, 2017, 04:17 PM
Those who believe that shakib is in the league of Ashwin, jadeja and Stokes r seriously delusional. When was the last time shakib ran through the opposition with the ball like ash or jaddu?

Shakib's batting has improved slightly in last couple of years but his bowling has deteriorated so much that he shouldn't be even considered as an all rounder now. He's worse than a part timer with the ball these days.

Do u guys honestly believe that England would've preferred shakib over Ali if they had that option? Never.

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/265700/265762.png

Damn those facts, you're correct

Before you think, am angry and you're trolling is working, it's not, am just interested in how you will respond and I find you amusing

godzilla
August 13, 2017, 08:03 PM
^ LOL, you should already know by now what type of answer you will be receiving from NON-Factual people - "Numbers don't paint the full picture", But let's wait and see. E-)

Eclipse
August 14, 2017, 04:15 AM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/265700/265762.png

Damn those facts, you're correct

Before you think, am angry and you're trolling is working, it's not, am just interested in how you will respond and I find you amusing

In last two years

1.Test

###Stokes###

(Overall)
Batting avg= 35
Bowling avg= 31

(Away)
Batting avg=45
Bowling avg=26

###shakib###
(Overall)
Batting avg= 47
Bowling avg=31

(Away)
Batting avg=55
Bowling avg=41

WINNER: Nobody. Their stats in last two years suggests that they r equal in tests.

2. ODIS

###Stokes###
(Overall)

Batting avg= 42
Bowling avg=44

(Away)
Batting avg =47
Bowling avg=47

###Shakib###
(Overall)
Batting avg=31
Bowling avg=40

(Away)
Batting avg=33
Bowling avg=58

WINNER: Stokes is the clearly winner here, especially if we consider the number of memorable and unbelievable knock he played in last two years.

It's quite sad that we r considering shakib as an allrounder who averages almost 60 with the ball whenever he bowled outside the doctored wickets of mirpur. Even a part-timer would've bowled better than him.

tiger1000
August 14, 2017, 04:22 AM
^ LOL, you should already know by now what type of answer you will be receiving from NON-Factual people - "Numbers don't paint the full picture", But let's wait and see. E-)

Well that is true, hence Jadeja ashwin bowling can't be trusted too much because they keep playing on rank turners

That's why their batting can't be trusted either, they bat with freedom and no pressure because of the solid top order

As for Stokes he averages 35 with the ball... Whilst playing in England, so I guess you can't say that fully paints the picture

Moeen comes out to bat with 300 on the board and he just has a slog against tired bowlers without any pressure

Numbers don't paint the full picture, it's true, it doesn't paint the fact Shakib has carried the burden of being the strike bowler, wicket taking bowler, workhorse by himself, it doesn't paint the fact he's batted with pressure of the potential humiliation for the team if he fails.

One thing it does portray though

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/258000/258003.jpg

Only man has had to carry like Shakib, this guy doesn't bother me, but the people that do bother me are the actual bangladesh fans that rate likes of Stokes ahead of him, when they've just watched him a handful of times

aklemalp
August 14, 2017, 11:08 AM
Bangladesh team is like NYC.

If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere...hence Shakib is the boss :D

godzilla
August 18, 2017, 04:15 AM
Speaking of Shakib, he is back at #1 again and that too without playing a test match since the Lanka encounter. Where as Jadeja played his heart out, and back at #2. What kind of Ranking system is this? LMAO

Night_wolf
August 18, 2017, 10:45 AM
Speaking of Shakib, he is back at #1 again and that too without playing a test match since the Lanka encounter. Where as Jadeja played his heart out, and back at #2. What kind of Ranking system is this? LMAO

shakib and jadeja both switched place without any one of them playing, lol

this is because in the last test jadeja didn't play and as India was playing he lost some rating points

Yankees
August 18, 2017, 01:47 PM

The gods of cricket realized how stupid it was to have Jadeja as #1, so they corrected it.

godzilla
August 18, 2017, 04:25 PM

this is because in the last test jadeja didn't play and as India was playing he lost some rating points

Really? That sucks for the players as they have no control over this.

Yankees
August 18, 2017, 04:32 PM

Actually this is not true. the ranking system is based on 3 year cycle. So it continuously updates itself. Hence Shakib beats out Jadeja because he has been simply better over the current period.

You don't get punished for not playing a game.

Roy_1
August 18, 2017, 05:42 PM
Jaddu toyed with the best batsmen in the world albeit in the subcontinent, I will reserve my judgement for now and observe how Shakib performs in favorable conditions against a formidable opponent.

tiger1000
August 18, 2017, 06:59 PM
Jaddu toyed with the best batsmen in the world albeit in the subcontinent, I will reserve my judgement for now and observe how Shakib performs in favorable conditions against a formidable opponent.

Doesn't Jadeja average 42 outside of Asia with the ball

Vs Shakibs 28 and shakib also averages 42 with the bat

Might be slightly off, but am pretty sure that's what I read on cricbuzz? (I think)

Night_wolf
August 18, 2017, 10:57 PM
Actually this is not true. the ranking system is based on 3 year cycle. So it continuously updates itself. Hence Shakib beats out Jadeja because he has been simply better over the current period.

You don't get punished for not playing a game.

the update system is for teams not players

players dont get punished if they dont bowl or bat but they are playing the game, however if a player is not playing the game but his team is playing he loses some points. not much but they do.

What happens to a player's rating if they suffer a long-term injury?
A player who misses a game for his country is treated exactly the same whatever the reason (injury, poor form etc). In Tests, the player loses 1% of his points for each match missed, and a similar amount in ODIs.

http://www.relianceiccrankings.com/faq.php

Eclipse
August 18, 2017, 11:41 PM
Doesn't Jadeja average 42 outside of Asia with the ball

Vs Shakibs 28 and shakib also averages 42 with the bat

Might be slightly off, but am pretty sure that's what I read on cricbuzz? (I think)

Ha ha ha.... Really? R we really talking about away performance here?

In tests Shakib has been averaging 41 with the ball outside Asia for last last couple of years.

In ODIs his performance with the ball is even more pathetic. In ODIs he has been averaging 56 with the ball outside Asia for last 2 years.

Shakib shouldn't be even called as an all-rounder. Bowling avg of 56 in odis? Really? Even many part timers have better stat than that.

MHRAM
August 18, 2017, 11:45 PM
Shakib played only a handful of ODIs outside Asia lately. NZ tour Ireland tour and CT. That's it

Eclipse
August 18, 2017, 11:47 PM

Jaddu is in a different league with the ball.

Yes, shakib is slightly better with the bat, but shakib is no match for Jaddu with the ball.

Shakib can only perform on doctored wickets of mirmur where every single ball turns square from day 1. Just take a Look at Shakib's last 2 years' bowing average outside Asia in one day internationals. U'll get a pretty clear idea.

DinRaat.
August 19, 2017, 12:20 AM
Can`t wait to see Shakib fail with both bat and ball. And once again i`ll say I told you so.

Night_wolf
August 19, 2017, 01:25 AM
Can`t wait to see Shakib fail with both bat and ball. And once again i`ll say I told you so.

you want one of our players to fail just because you want a chance to say I told you so? Some fan you are

Night_wolf
August 19, 2017, 01:42 AM

Shakib's bowling days are past..he was at his best during the 2008-2010 period, his best in bowling came and went like usain bolt running a 100m sprint

RazabQ
August 19, 2017, 02:03 AM
The shin injuryb from being overbowled was the beginning of the end. But the readiness of some BD fans to dismiss our best sportsman is shocking.

DinRaat.
August 19, 2017, 03:11 AM
I voted for Stokes just for the hell of it.

Yankees
August 19, 2017, 03:18 AM
I voted for Stokes just for the hell of it.

I dont know why you hate Shakib so much. Did he steal your girl or something?

DinRaat.
August 19, 2017, 04:04 AM
I dont know why you hate Shakib so much. Did he steal your girl or something?

I don't know but maybe my hate has something to do with the fact that he his arrogant, thinks his bigger than the game and finally the fact that he is very overrated, his matches against minnows(zimb,Associates,partially West Indies and to some extent Pakistan) have inflated his stats.Put him in the Australian team, and he will never make it consistently to the 1st XI.

Take players like Tamim Iqbal, a real hero behind the scenes, knows his place and does not act like he owns half the team. Shakib is not a long term player for Bangladesh. He will most likely come to bat play needlessly aggressive shots, get out, bowl like. Tamim Iqbal will truly be one of the most greatest and best players to ever come out of the nation effortlessly sculpts his game to suit the environment, Shakib`s legacy will fade away like dust as a player who has lacklustre technique. Stokes/Ali/Marsh/Woakes will soon take his place. Let a guy like Stokes face Zimbabwe 43 times, and he will have stats better than Shakib.

Shakib stats(ODI) V England A dismal 23
Shakib V India Avg 36( most matches played at home)

His average against Aus,Eng,Ind, SA, NZ aren't that impressive, combined with the fact that he faced most of these teams at home.

All in all IMO I believe Shakib is not that impressive. When he played around the 2007-2010 time, not many good Allrounders gave competition to him, and lets not forget we faced Zimbabwe many times during that period.

Take Zimbabwe out of the equation and Shakib`s average becomes less, both at home and away.

Thats just what I believe and my interpretation of the facts, yours can be different and I respect that.

tiger1000
August 19, 2017, 05:35 AM
I don't know but maybe my hate has something to do with the fact that he his arrogant, thinks his bigger than the game and finally the fact that he is very overrated, his matches against minnows(zimb,Associates,partially West Indies and to some extent Pakistan) have inflated his stats.Put him in the Australian team, and he will never make it consistently to the 1st XI.

Take players like Tamim Iqbal, a real hero behind the scenes, knows his place and does not act like he owns half the team. Shakib is not a long term player for Bangladesh. He will most likely come to bat play needlessly aggressive shots, get out, bowl like. Tamim Iqbal will truly be one of the most greatest and best players to ever come out of the nation effortlessly sculpts his game to suit the environment, Shakib`s legacy will fade away like dust as a player who has lacklustre technique. Stokes/Ali/Marsh/Woakes will soon take his place. Let a guy like Stokes face Zimbabwe 43 times, and he will have stats better than Shakib.

Shakib stats(ODI) V England A dismal 23
Shakib V India Avg 36( most matches played at home)

His average against Aus,Eng,Ind, SA, NZ aren't that impressive, combined with the fact that he faced most of these teams at home.

All in all IMO I believe Shakib is not that impressive. When he played around the 2007-2010 time, not many good Allrounders gave competition to him, and lets not forget we faced Zimbabwe many times during that period.

Take Zimbabwe out of the equation and Shakib`s average becomes less, both at home and away.

Thats just what I believe and my interpretation of the facts, yours can be different and I respect that.

He averages 35 with the ball away vs zimbabwe - Plain Fact, no opinion

He averages 42 with the bat and 28 with the ball in great cricket away from Asia, - All fact, no opinion. so please explain to me a player that is comparable, forget better - that'll be impossible - comparable.

Stokes/Ali/Marsh/Woakes will soon take his place. Let a guy like Stokes face Zimbabwe 43 times, and he will have stats better than Shakib. -

fact is Stokes plays in seamer friendly pitches, comes out to bat stuck little pressure and averages mid 30's with both bat and ball - 100% Fact

Ali I like him, he's a poor man's version of Shakib

Fan of woakes too, what's his average outside of England?

Marsh - stop trolling

Shakib is not a long term player for Bangladesh - he's carried the team for a decade? Long term enough?

You make assumptions about other players that you've seen a handful of times, you clearly haven't seen those guys play

He'll never make it in the Australian team, have got seen Lyon play.

You can have your opinion, but it's like saying 'IMO moon is made out of cheese, because I've never been to it, so it must be true, you can have your opinion of me being stupid, but I have the right to be stupid'

Eclipse
August 19, 2017, 05:49 AM
Shakib's bowling days are past..he was at his best during the 2008-2010 period, his best in bowling came and went like usain bolt running a 100m sprint

Correct. This is exactly why I don't consider him as an all rounder anymore.

DinRaat.
August 19, 2017, 05:56 AM
He averages 35 with the ball away vs zimbabwe - Plain Fact, no opinion

He averages 42 with the bat and 28 with the ball in great cricket away from Asia, - All fact, no opinion. so please explain to me a player that is comparable, forget better - that'll be impossible - comparable.

Stokes/Ali/Marsh/Woakes will soon take his place. Let a guy like Stokes face Zimbabwe 43 times, and he will have stats better than Shakib. -

fact is Stokes plays in seamer friendly pitches, comes out to bat stuck little pressure and averages mid 30's with both bat and ball - 100% Fact

Ali I like him, he's a poor man's version of Shakib

Fan of woakes too, what's his average outside of England?

Marsh - stop trolling

Shakib is not a long term player for Bangladesh - he's carried the team for a decade? Long term enough?

You make assumptions about other players that you've seen a handful of times, you clearly haven't seen those guys play

He'll never make it in the Australian team, have got seen Lyon play.

You can have your opinion, but it's like saying 'IMO moon is made out of cheese, because I've never been to it, so it must be true, you can have your opinion of me being stupid, but I have the right to be stupid'

Fair enough. :-|

DinRaat.
August 19, 2017, 05:58 AM
BTW, why the hell do we have a poll for Shakib V Stokes, in a Bangladeshi Cricket Forum

That`s like saying poo doesn't stink in the toilet.

Night_wolf
August 19, 2017, 06:52 AM
Correct. This is exactly why I don't consider him as an all rounder anymore.

Just because Shakib's best bowling days are past him doesn't make him a batsman. he is still a capable bowler, not just as good as he was in his past.

DinRaat.
August 19, 2017, 07:15 AM
Just because Shakib's best bowling days are past him doesn't make him a batsman. he is still a capable bowler, not just as good as he was in his past.

Replace capable with okay, and i agree with you.

cricket_king
August 19, 2017, 09:55 AM
Can't wait for Shakib to wreck Australia so you disrespectful bandwagoners jump on the "Bangladesher Jaan Bangladesher Praan Shakib al Hasan Shakib al Hasan" train again.

RazabQ
August 19, 2017, 11:01 AM
You said it cricket-king. Even when Miraz was taking 6-fers against England, it wasn't like Shakib was NOT taking a 4-fer. And the match where we won against Lanka - it was the 4th afternoon partnership of Shakib bowling wicket threatening balls every over plus Mustafiz reverse swinging that broke the back of the Sri Lankan 2nd innings and made our victory possible. I watched every ball and Shakib was bowling beautifully and building up a lot of pressure.

Here's my theory - as an SLA myself. On matches where I bowl long spells and am trying to rip it on every delivery, after the 3rd or 4th over my shins starts hurting because there's the jarring landing and then the hard pivot to get the RPMs. Shakib these days probably always bowls with some pain and on some days I notice he's not finishing his action and floating the ball in. When he does that his bowling becomes non-threatening for international level batsmen. It also means that on some cases the ball becomes two full and does tonked for 6/4. On days where he's on top of it, you can see that he's finishing his action and the ball gets the dip of extra revs (which stops it from being too full).

The casual Bangladesh cricket watcher might observe all this and think "ah, ala Randy Moss, he plays hard only when he feels like it - arrogant, bigger-than-the-game, bugger".

FWIW, I don't believe he takes plays off or days off. It's just that your body, as a sportsman is not 100% on every day or every Test session. That's why even a Stokesy can at times trundle innocuous medium pace (see South Africa tests for evidence).

Night_wolf
August 19, 2017, 12:08 PM
Replace capable with okay, and i agree with you.

no he is more than a capable bowler..it's just for fans who barely watches the match and start winning with any chance shakib is a ok bowler..he bowled extremely well in our win vs End and SL

you can argue that he is not a match winning bowler and I will agree to that. He was a match winning bowler in 2008-2010, sadly our bowling wasn't up to the standards at that time. if we had 2008-2010 shakib right now, the bowling province of our team will look extremely different

Roy_1
August 19, 2017, 12:16 PM

Thanks for understanding my point man, this number and spreadsheet guy here does not seem to understand the meaning of having an opinion.

Roy_1
August 19, 2017, 12:27 PM
I would not say his bowling days are past, just need to reinvent himself, the thing I like the most about Shakib is his ability to take immense workload with the ball and bat.

Night_wolf
August 19, 2017, 11:28 PM
I would not say his bowling days are past, just need to reinvent himself, the thing I like the most about Shakib is his ability to take immense workload with the ball and bat.

I should have said Shakib's best bowling days..shakib's bowling days are not past and he is still a handy bowler if conditions are right.

My reply was to your post about Jadeja proved himself in subcon and you will keep your judgement of shakib against good opponents.

there I was saying shakib's best bowling days are past and he'll now will not catch up to jadeja in terms of bowling in the sub continent

RazabQ
August 23, 2017, 12:38 AM
Good thing some of Stoke's own countrymen are not as dismissive of Shakib as some of the posters here are.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/22/we-are-very-much-unbeatable-at-home-shakib-al-hasan-ready-to-upset-australia

fush_montor
August 23, 2017, 01:06 AM
I don't know what's going to happen in the series but can tell you one thing...if we manage to win any of the two, it will be Shakib who will decide our fate...may be an innigs of 80 odd runs under pressure or a spell of 2 crucial wickets, HE will be the differentiating factor...he always is!

jeesh
August 23, 2017, 02:16 AM
I should have said Shakib's best bowling days..shakib's bowling days are not past and he is still a handy bowler if conditions are right.

My reply was to your post about Jadeja proved himself in subcon and you will keep your judgement of shakib against good opponents.

there I was saying shakib's best bowling days are past and he'll now will not catch up to jadeja in terms of bowling in the sub continent
While i am not underestimating Jadeja in any way, he often comes in after spells from quicks, Ashwin. Opponent target him as the weak bowler, try to go after him and pay the price. Its almost like other bowlers do most of the work for him, and he capitalizes.

Shakib meanwhile is either given first chance or new ball, or expected to make the breakthrough, play key role.

The argument of course could work both ways. Some could say Shakib has more opportunity to pick wickets being given more prominence, or being a key bowler, whereas Jadeja has to share with more established bowlers.

R0ssei
August 25, 2017, 12:49 PM
Stokes made a 100 today while his team collapsed against WI pacers. That's a match-saving knock.

SportingBD
August 25, 2017, 02:42 PM
Stokes made a 100 today while his team collapsed against WI pacers. That's a match-saving knock.

This guy is a beast. Has amazing batting ability, comes natural to him.

Only competitor to Shakib.

I think Stokes will be a ATG.

By the way? Do you guys think Shakib will be considered ATG after he retires?

Eclipse
August 26, 2017, 03:17 AM
This guy is a beast. Has amazing batting ability, comes natural to him.

Only competitor to Shakib.

I think Stokes will be a ATG.

Shakib will be remembered as an atg in Bangladesh.

But he'll never be considered as an atg by the rest of the world and rightly so. He hasn't done anything special as of yet to get that tag.

Stokes is one of the most important players of his IPL team whereas Shakib doesn't even get chance to play a single match for kkr. Even ten des gets selected ahead of him.

Yankees
August 26, 2017, 04:43 AM
Shakib will be remembered as an atg in Bangladesh.

But he'll never be considered as an atg by the rest of the world and rightly so. He hasn't done anything special as of yet to get that tag.

Stokes is one of the most important players of his IPL team whereas Shakib doesn't even get chance to play a single match for kkr. Even ten des gets selected ahead of him.

Right because IPL is the end all, be all of world cricket. Kya logic hai isko.

Yankees
August 26, 2017, 04:52 AM

Yes absolutely. But not by generic fans, sadly. Why? Partly because he plays for Bangladesh. Partly because he hasn't won a trophy. Partly because his game is boring (fans have a hard on for pace bowling). He's not flashy like other cricketers. He's been so consistent for over a decade that he's become invisible and taken for granted.

But history and the stats books will remember him as an ATG.

babunbhai
August 26, 2017, 06:51 AM
:ohno:shakib?? all time great???!!!! are you on grass or something?:floor:

DinRaat.
August 26, 2017, 07:16 AM
I`d like to know Stokes stats, after he faces Zimbabwe 43 times.

Eclipse
August 26, 2017, 08:48 AM
Right because IPL is the end all, be all of world cricket. Kya logic hai isko.

IPL is one of the most competitive tournaments in the world. Players who aren't really, really good can't sustaining here for long.

If shakib was an atg material kkr would never have preferred 10des ahead of him.

Just consider the example of fizz. When he was a mystery bowler he was considered as the main weapon of sunriser and he was a must in the playing 11. But as soon as fizz became rubbish and ordinary he was thrown out of the team.

Why? Because, mediocrity doesn't have any place in IPL. 😊

Tigers_eye
August 26, 2017, 10:30 AM

Average. He wouldn't get a chance to bat most of the time, may be bowl few overs. Root and co. would pad their stats for sure.

By the way, are you comparing today's zim with Streak, Flowers Zim? :facepalm:

aklemalp
August 26, 2017, 10:35 AM
That Stokes century now looks like a fluke.

Rifat
August 26, 2017, 10:36 AM
I like this West Indies fightback, that too overseas. good stuff.

Tigers_eye
August 26, 2017, 10:38 AM
:ohno:shakib?? all time great???!!!! are you on grass or something?:floor:He is simply asking the question. Nothing wrong with that when SOME of his accomplishments no one has yet to touch (technically). This of course includes Imran, Richard H, Botham, Gary Sobers, Jadeja and the whole lot.

All you have to say is, "no" and be done with it. Certainly there is no one like him in this era. If you are capable of debating, then instead of rolling eyes, put forth your arguments.

aklemalp
August 26, 2017, 10:40 AM
But, Stokes bowling has been on the good side lately.

A poor man's Darren Sammy-Stuart Binny

Yankees
August 26, 2017, 11:09 AM
IPL is one of the most competitive tournaments in the world. Players who aren't really, really good can't sustaining here for long.

If shakib was an atg material kkr would never have preferred 10des ahead of him.

Just consider the example of fizz. When he was a mystery bowler he was considered as the main weapon of sunriser and he was a must in the playing 11. But as soon as fizz became rubbish and ordinary he was thrown out of the team.

Why? Because, mediocrity doesn't have any place in IPL. 😊

So a domestic tournament of the newest format of cricket is the marker to determine who is a great player? Dude, just stop. Your love for all things India is getting pathetic.

There are test greats who couldn't cut it in T20. Shakib has been great in all 3. Even in IPL, he has been an integral part of 2 championships. So your entire point is moot.

Like I said, most fans won't consider Shakib an ATG because they only watch cricket for the 6s.

Yankees
August 26, 2017, 11:11 AM

Your favorite player, Tamim, also played Zim the same number of times. Hasn't done sh*t, has he? It's not Shakib's fault that he plays for Bangladesh.

SportingBD
August 28, 2017, 08:05 AM
I am loving this competition between Shakib and Stokes!

Bloody hell, they are awesome All-Rounders! in a different league.

MHRAM
August 28, 2017, 08:22 AM
Shakib is a different league compared to Stokes. Stokes has a lot to do before being compared to Shakib

SportingBD
August 28, 2017, 08:29 AM
Shakib is a different league compared to Stokes. Stokes has a lot to do before being compared to Shakib

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

They are matching each other pound by pound in the ongoing match for their respective teams...

Both are insanely good! amazing class.

To me they are both in the same class and level..

RealSports
August 28, 2017, 08:45 AM
Stokes is only good with the bat, but even then he's inconsistent. He's rubbish with the ball most times despite glimpses here and there. What makes Shakib standout is the fact he's been good with the bat and ball across all formats.

RazabQ
August 28, 2017, 12:17 PM
He is $shite. Because you know. IPL. - as per the Tiger's most honest fan Eclipse.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/shakib-al-hasan-five-wicket-haul-bangladesh-australia-every-test-playing-nation-herath-murali-steyn/2017-08-28

Tell me again how Stokes is so much better? I mean even head to head, when Stokes was here in BD, Shak came out on top.

tiger1000
August 28, 2017, 01:22 PM
They are matching each other pound by pound in the ongoing match for their respective teams...

Both are insanely good! amazing class.

To me they are both in the same class and level..

They are not, and let me simply explain it why

You say they're going head to head currently and that on Stokes good day to Shakib on a good day

But Shakib rest of the time will have a 7/10 match, when stokes is having a 3/10 or a 4/10

No one is debating what Stokes can do on a good day, but you can't ignore what he does the other 8 times out of 10

So how can you possibly say he's on the same level, he's not, he's a level below

Eclipse
August 28, 2017, 01:23 PM
He is $shite. Because you know. IPL. - as per the Tiger's most honest fan Eclipse.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/shakib-al-hasan-five-wicket-haul-bangladesh-australia-every-test-playing-nation-herath-murali-steyn/2017-08-28

Tell me again how Stokes is so much better? I mean even head to head, when Stokes was here in BD, Shak came out on top.

Shakib is a great player, I've never disregarded that fact. But we have to keep in mind that we r comparing shakib with a player of Stokes caliber who's easily once in a generation type player.

Shakibs will be remembered as a great in Bangladesh and by Bangladeshi fans and he deserves it. But Stokes's ceiling is much much higher. He's in the league of imran, Botham and kapil. But that doesn't mean shakib is poor. He's a decent all rounder, no doubt about it.

kalpurush
August 28, 2017, 01:29 PM
Shakib is a great player, I've never disregarded that fact. But we have to keep in mind that we r comparing shakib with a player of Stokes caliber who's easily once in a generation type player.

Shakibs will be remembered as a great in Bangladesh and by Bangladeshi fans and he deserves it. But Stokes's ceiling is much much higher. He's in the league of imran, Botham and kapil. But that doesn't mean shakib is poor. He's a decent all rounder, no doubt about it.

Stokes in the league of Imran, Botham and Kapil...but Sakib is not?

:floor::floor::floor:

You cricket knowledge is as worse as a turkey, I must have to admit that.

tiger1000
August 28, 2017, 01:36 PM

Am amazed how much time he has on his hands, does he just sit at home all day?

For sure he posts in a Indian forum too, but he's a regular poster here too

MHRAM
August 28, 2017, 02:05 PM
Shakib is much more consistent than Stokes. Stokes can be aggressive with the bat but did u see shakib with his 84?

10/3 and you come out and score an aggressive 84 you nearly knock your opposition out of the game.

Shakib is as impactful as stokes overall, bat and ball.

And like a few posters said, Shakib even in his off days has a decent performance

People keep saying stokes is better but everytime I go to Cricinfo I see that shakib has better stats than stokes in every aspect and that shakib ranked number one but Stokes not even in top 3

Performance matters. Longevity matters

SportingBD
August 28, 2017, 04:53 PM
You may not agree that Shakib is ATG at the moment.
But give him the next 5-10 years.

He will force his way to be known as an ATG! By breaking all kind of records.

zman
August 28, 2017, 05:54 PM

Kalpurush'da just because this is a cricket forum doesn't mean you should disrespect tradition, rules and logic derived from other great sports of the world.

In tests Kapil's batting avg is 31.0 and bowling avg is 29.6
In tests Imran's batting avg is 33.7 and bowling avg is 22.8

In ODI's Kapil's batting avg is 23.8 and bowling avg is 27.4
In ODI's Imran's batting avg is 33.4 and bowling avg is 26.6

The difference between Imran and Kapil's bowling avg in tests (29.6-22.8=6.8) is about the same as that between Warne and Shakib (32.5-25.4=7.1)

The difference between Imran and Kapil's batting avg in ODI's (33.4-23.8=9.6) is about the same as that between Tendular and Shakib (44.8-34.8=10)

Isn't it obvious how you would make a league in which Imran and Kapil and also Stokes belong?
hint: roll of the dice --> Ludu --> one of the greatest sports of our time!

Nafi
August 28, 2017, 06:37 PM
Stokes has a much better team around him, he comes on with much less pressure.

iDumb
August 28, 2017, 06:56 PM
Stokes wouldn't even make it to Bangladesh team ..who is he gonna replace ? Maybe shafiul at best in test ...

He place for him in odi

Night_wolf
August 28, 2017, 08:08 PM

just stop embarrassing yourself please

NoName
August 28, 2017, 09:40 PM
Eclipse should try commenting that Stokes is in the league of Kapil and Imran on PP/ICF, I'd love to see the reactions there :floor:

shuridh
August 29, 2017, 02:03 AM

uncle tom

Eclipse
August 29, 2017, 02:20 AM
Atg shot from an atg player. Respect :lol:

Mas_UK25
August 29, 2017, 02:43 AM
Stokes more safe and reliable. For sure. Shakib has played away more daft, naive shots against the situation far more than any ATG ALR's. If he is to be an ATG he needs to stamp out daft, brainfarts especially when the wicket and situation requires you to stay solid and patiently play accordingly on a not so batting friendly wicket.

SportingBD
August 29, 2017, 06:40 AM
Atg shot from an atg player. Respect :lol:

His reckless batting boils my blood. It makes me so angry that sometimes I say his not a world class player! Just bloody anger.

He does all the hard work with the bowling but comes a crucial momen in batting, and he goes crazy. Nothing has changed.

Mas_UK25
August 29, 2017, 07:16 AM
I'd choose Stoke. Not because of today but just in all conditions, in general Stokes gives me more options. Stokes can reverse the ball on dead wickets, his batting is lot more assured and you know there won't be any wild, brainfart, silly airial shots out of the blue out of context of the match and when you need to grind it out Stokes can do just that.

tiger1000
August 29, 2017, 07:20 AM
I'd choose Stoke. Not because of today but just in all conditions, in general Stokes gives me more options. Stokes can reverse the ball on dead wickets, his batting is lot more assured and you know there won't be any wild, brainfart, silly airial shots out of the blue out of context of the match and when you need to grind it out Stokes can do just that.

This is what I don't understand

Stokes does throw it away all the time

oronnya
August 29, 2017, 08:42 AM
It's funny how we always try to compare our players with someone. I mean what's the point of these arguments? These discussions doesn't make any player great anyway.

Shakib will remain Shakib with all his records and contribution whether someone accepts it or not. You can't compare Shakib with any other players in the world simply because the value he adds to a rising team like BD is incomparable. He is the player around whom a minnow team started to grow and matured to be a competative one. None of the other player in the world has to play the role of the main batsman and main bowler at the same time for their team. That's why despite all his stupidity, recklessness and lack of solid techniques he still remains a great player as he delivers more often than not for his team. He is not even comparable with the great players like Imran, Botham or Kallis but still he will go down in the cricket history as an all time great because of his contribution towards his team. That's huge !!! Not many player will find thdmselves so valuable in all department for his team.

So let's stop comparing Shakib with anyone. That's embarrassing. Even if the whole world doesn't rate Shakib he still will remain a great player who showed and and made a team like Bangladesh believe that you can achieve anything even with your limited capabilities if you are really confident about it!!! That's it. That's the only great quality Shakib poses and that's what makes him a great player !!!

RazabQ
August 30, 2017, 02:45 AM
He just got us our first Test victory against mighty Australia. But I'm sure those fake-news people who buy the narrative that Shakib never performs under the spotlight will find a reason to short change this performance. And some fans are too busy bleeping Stoke's bleep to appreciate their own, amazing player!

MHRAM
August 30, 2017, 02:49 AM
But but but Shakib lacks impact
He scored soft runs
He scored useless hundreds in CT
He takes wickets against tail enders

Stokes with his 100 average with bat is wayyy better than Shakib

RazabQ
August 30, 2017, 02:56 AM
Notice how the Eclipses of the world will go into hiding for a few days. And where's our boy who thinks Axar is a better all rounder than Shakib?

tiger1000
August 30, 2017, 03:02 AM
He just got us our first Test victory against mighty Australia. But I'm sure those fake-news people who buy the narrative that Shakib never performs under the spotlight will find a reason to short change this performance. And some fans are too busy bleeping Stoke's bleep to appreciate their own, amazing player!

Guy's like dinraat pretend to forget

They forget what he did in our last test and before this test, claims oh hes never won us a game...

fush_montor
August 30, 2017, 03:07 AM
I don't know what's going to happen in the series but can tell you one thing...if we manage to win any of the two, it will be Shakib who will decide our fate...may be an innigs of 80 odd runs under pressure or a spell of 2 crucial wickets, HE will be the differentiating factor...he always is!

he even surpassed my expectations... I wonder what the lurking RODs (Rather Opinionated Dadas) would say now??

zman
August 30, 2017, 03:12 AM
There's a reason why I've been campaigning for the MLGA movement. Make Ludu Great Again! It's a fact of life that people have talents in different areas. If Ludu is recognized as a legitimate sport, their analysis would be spot on and their talents would be better utilized.

adamnsu
August 30, 2017, 03:36 AM
I think today lets all say in unison, Shakib is better than Stokes

oronnya
August 30, 2017, 03:41 AM
he even surpassed my expectations... I wonder what the lurking RODs (Rather Opinionated Dadas) would say now??

Woowww super cool on that prediction :notworthy:

I never expected him to do so well as specially with the ball but this boy is a champion material and will always surprise you, be it with super performance or super brain fart :lol:

As I said the value Shakib adds to his team is incomparable !! We should just be glad that we have one Shakib :notworthy:

SportingBD
August 30, 2017, 05:19 AM
I think today lets all say in unison, Shakib is better than Stokes

Yes! Today Shakib has proved it! His bowling always been world class.

I don't see any other spinners like him around. Deadly. Shakib has the edge of Stokes for many different reasons.

I thought Stokes was level with Shakib, but not anymore... :flag:

adamnsu
August 30, 2017, 05:22 AM
Yes! Today Shakib has proved it! His bowling always been world class.

I don't see any other spinners like him around. Deadly. Shakib has the edge of Stokes for many different reasons.

I thought Stokes was level with Shakib, but not anymore... :flag:

One common denominator between them is their aggresiveness and shocking batting dismissals :lol:

Tigers_eye
August 30, 2017, 05:27 AM
At the end of the day we are all BD cricket fans and that is the reason we are here in the first place. Imagine the days without Shakib. Can you? Now stop Shakib bashing. Let the man play the way he wants to play. He has more cricketing sense than you, me, everyone here combined. He had that when he was 20.

5tonne
August 30, 2017, 05:27 AM
Can we please stop comparing players. Not just because Shakib took him to another level with the performance of this test, Stokes might do the same in his next match. It's not fair to measure individuals efforts. Everyone is important to their teams in their own ways.

Miraz
August 30, 2017, 05:54 AM
Notice how the Eclipses of the world will go into hiding for a few days. And where's our boy who thinks Axar is a better all rounder than Shakib?

I say bring back eclipse. He can't post now as he is banned for few days. :)

adamnsu
August 30, 2017, 06:12 AM

That two faced scrooge always come out when Bangladesh is at a weak point. Banning him now and his usual abscence when Bangladesh wins make no difference.

Slap on the face of that troll!!!!

jeesh
August 30, 2017, 06:18 AM
What Shakib did in this game-under pressure, carrying the weight/burden of the team, the entire nation-with bat, ball-i doubt either Stokes or Jadeja can do. Period.

cricket_king
August 30, 2017, 06:51 AM
Yeah. Could sit here and gloat. But I'm a humble guy. Haters gonna hate. Shakib still the undisputed king.

simon
August 30, 2017, 07:01 AM
Take that haters.

NoName
August 30, 2017, 11:50 AM
Where's our local boy 'day n night'

RealSports
August 30, 2017, 12:25 PM
Where's Eclipse? hahaha...

Ben Stokes and Ravindra Jadeja are good all-rounders, but Shakib is the king of the game.

RazabQ
August 30, 2017, 12:30 PM
Who's this blogger? He seems to be channeling BC :)

http://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/sports-news/bangladesh-vs-australia-shakib-al-hasan-is-silently-carving-out-his-own-legacy-as-worlds-finest-all-rounder-3985407.html

SportingBD
August 30, 2017, 01:03 PM
Who's this blogger? He seems to be channeling BC :)

http://www.firstpost.com/firstcricket/sports-news/bangladesh-vs-australia-shakib-al-hasan-is-silently-carving-out-his-own-legacy-as-worlds-finest-all-rounder-3985407.html

Very good article, with points mentioned backed with good stats.

Enjoyed this part:

Only his bowling average of 32.50 is the third best to that of Jadeja’s 23.60 and Ashwin’s 25.26. But, Ashwin and Jadeja cannot be considered as pure all-rounders. It is better to tag them as bowlers who can bat well. Their main attribute is bowling and hence it is not surprising that their bowling averages are higher than that of Shakib’s. Ben Stokes and Moeen Ali are the kind of players who are said to be pure all-rounders as well. So, if their statistics are compared to that of Shakib it would be seen that he fares far better than them in every respect.
Something I mentioned earlier, Ashwin & Jadeja not pure all-rounders. They are more of bowling All-Rounders. Can't be compared to Shakib.

Rifat
August 30, 2017, 01:09 PM
Shakib and Moeen Ali is a more of an apples to apples comparison. Both of their playing styles is very similar. I think both of them are neck and neck which is great to see. Shakib and Moeen Ali are good friends as well even before Moeen Ali was famous (they played county together in 2010)

Habib
August 30, 2017, 01:24 PM
The only thing Stokes has over Shakib is media hype. BD media can't beat English media in that aspect.

RealSports
August 30, 2017, 01:50 PM
Don't be fooled by Jadeja's bowling average. He bowls on those Indian pitches where it turns more than any other pitches outside of India. Shakib for roughly about 4/5 of his tests bowls on non-spinning pitches. Just look at the massive contrast between Jadeja's bowling record in Tests & ODIs. If Shakib played for India, you are looking at similar figures Jadeja has. Don't get me wrong or anything, Jadeja has improved a lot as a player since 13, and has become a very good spinner, but I disagree with some of the viewpoints above.

Zeeshan
August 30, 2017, 01:53 PM
acha dujoni bhalo...jau khushi?

SportingBD
August 30, 2017, 01:57 PM
acha dujoni bhalo...jau khushi?

The battle of the tiger vs. the lion :D

but can we consider Stokes a lion? his technically not English. hmm.

Kiwi is the bird that's the national animal of NZ, but disguised as a lion... hehe..

simon
August 30, 2017, 01:57 PM
The only thing Stokes has over Shakib is media hype. BD media can't beat English media in that aspect.

kintu shoshal media te kintu amra Sakib kei egiye rekhechi, ekhane Stokes er bhaat nai.

tiger1000
August 30, 2017, 03:40 PM
Shakib and Moeen Ali is a more of an apples to apples comparison. Both of their playing styles is very similar. I think both of them are neck and neck which is great to see. Shakib and Moeen Ali are good friends as well even before Moeen Ali was famous (they played county together in 2010)

They're neck and neck?

Moeen is like a poor man's version of a Shakib

Better fielder = Shakib by a mile
Better Batsman = Shakib by a mile
Better bowler = Shakib by a mile

RazabQ
August 31, 2017, 02:54 AM
Moeen's batting IS more attractive though. And he's arguably more explosive in ODIs and 20/20. And he rips the ball more. But yeah he's a poor man's Shakib.

tiger1000
August 31, 2017, 05:58 AM
Moeen's batting IS more attractive though. And he's arguably more explosive in ODIs and 20/20. And he rips the ball more. But yeah he's a poor man's Shakib.

He's more wristy, you could argue he's better to watch

In odis he's more explosive yes, but he's more a Lower part batsman whereas Shakib is a fully fledged middle order batsmen, same for t20, the gap overall is smallest in t20

As for his bowling

In tests moeen has come a long way, but he's still a level below Shakib

In odis - he's not on the same planet, he never bowls a wicket taking ball, beget comparison would be nasir and even then I'd pick nasir the bowler

In T20s Shakib again is a level above with the ball

I am a fan of moeen though, with a quality coach he'll only get better, shame we never get a spinning coach for long

RazabQ
September 1, 2017, 12:33 AM
Why Shakib is the best Test allrounder going around today http://es.pn/2wmYhMC

The cockroach has spoken! Where are the haters now?

Roy_1
September 1, 2017, 01:22 AM
Shakib is the best alrounder in the world currently and definitely gonna retire as an ATG , I got no doubts anymore, in fact I think he is the best alrounder post 2000, Kallis albeit marvelous with the bat has never been a frontline bowler for his team, .

Ashwin is a close second, a better bowler and somewhat lesser batsman, however Ashwin is a technically correct bat and more pleasing to the eyes compared to Shakib. Our top order gets the job done more often than not, if Ash was our frontline batsman I am sure he would have had better batting stats than what he has now. Overall Shakib wins this race by a whisker IMHO, shown amazing consistency so far in his decade long career, probably has the most balanced stats among all the alrounders from both past and present, gotta respect these.

I still believe Stokes as an alrounder is more talented and can outdo both of them potentially, he is already the 2nd best batsman in his team impact-wise and I think it won't be long before he steps up his bowling.

Jadeja may not be as gifted as the above three but what he does none can do better than him, he is the best fit for his role, makes the best spinning duo with Ash, helps enforcing declaration by scoring quick runs, can bat with the tailender, brings stability lower down the order, one of the best fielders in the world, a hardworking gentleman and a fantastic team man, we can't really ask anything more. People still judge him based on the first few years of his career, yes he was bits and pieces in the beginning, he never possessed the natural abilities of the other three, but he worked hard, transformed himself into one of the most effective alrounders of the current time and fought his way to the top of the ranking. He never really gets enough credit for that.

RazabQ
September 1, 2017, 02:14 AM
I do believe Jadeja's batting doesn't get as much love as it should. I mean 3 triple hundreds is nothing to laugh at at any level and Ranji is pretty decent standard. I however don't rate Jaddu's bowling as much. He's got a powerful shoulder so is able to zip the ball and he does give it a decent rip but I've now watched enough of him bowling long spells to believe that he's no where as crafty or full of guile as Ashwin or even Shakib. He just rips it and zips it right around off-stump and eventually gets you. In that sense he's more like Mohammed Rafique. Stoke's bowling is hit or miss. When he gets the swing going, he's a handful but if not, meh. And his batting is potentially mighty, but again at the moment doesn't show sophistication. Then again, Shewag never had a sophisticated batting style and he scored plenty :)

Roy_1
September 1, 2017, 02:34 AM
I however don't rate Jaddu's bowling as much. He's got a powerful shoulder so is able to zip the ball and he does give it a decent rip but I've now watched enough of him bowling long spells to believe that he's no where as crafty or full of guile as Ashwin or even Shakib. He just rips it and zips it right around off-stump and eventually gets you. In that sense he's more like Mohammed Rafique.

Mcgrath has never been as crafty or artful with the ball as Wasim or Ambrose, however he was as effective as them if not more. People have a thing for flamboyance, it is instinctive, we appreciate exuberant display of skillfulness more than accuracy and discipline, it is only normal.

fush_montor
September 1, 2017, 03:50 AM
The world concurs:

Why Shakib is the best Test allrounder going around today

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20525412

oronnya
September 1, 2017, 08:38 AM
Why Shakib is the best Test allrounder going around today http://es.pn/2wmYhMC

The cockroach has spoken! Where are the haters now?

Thank you

And the people who thinks Stokes is better than Shakib

"Also, while Stokes and Moeen have both played key roles with both bat and ball, neither has contributed as much to their team. Stokes has taken only 82 wickets in 35 Tests during this period, an average of 2.3 wickets per Test, compared to Shakib's 73 in 18 (4.1 per Test). Similarly, while Moeen has taken more wickets than Stokes (three per Test), he has contributed only 9.8% of England's bat runs in the 43 Tests he has played during this period. (That isn't a criticism of his abilities; it is just that batting often at No. 8 gives him little opportunity to perform.) In comparison, Shakib is far more crucial to Bangladesh's success with both bat and ball."

Numbers don't lie. And here is for your playing against Zim argument:

"And for those who argue that he has played a lot of his cricket against Zimbabwe, the numbers don't back that up, in Tests at least. Out of 50 Tests, only six have been against Zimbabwe. In these matches he averages 39.50 with the bat, and 23.26 with the ball. Exclude Zimbabwe, and his stats are still mightily impressive: a batting average of 41.25, and a bowling average of 33.52. It is tough to argue with numbers like those."

Hope that will stop all Shakib critics once and for all !!!

MarufH
September 1, 2017, 09:37 AM
I will just leave this here:

http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F1118957_800x450. png&w=570

Source: Why Shakib is the best Test allrounder going around today (http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20525412/why-shakib-best-test-allrounder-going-today)

RazabQ
September 1, 2017, 10:28 AM
That moment when the trolls get shushed.

Zeeshan
September 1, 2017, 10:34 AM
It is pretty much impossible to be #1 all rounder in all three formats of the game. Amazing. And he doesn't even play that Test matches anyway and we don't win enough T20 matches. TF

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/page/211270.html

Roy_1
September 1, 2017, 10:47 AM
Then again, Shewag never had a sophisticated batting style and he scored plenty :)

I don't know what do you mean by that, footwork is just one aspect of batting, he never needed it as he had surreal hand-eye co-ordination, he was in a league of his own, Kohli may eclipse Sachin one day but we will never have another Sehwag. Contrary to popular belief he had a pretty good defense albeit underrated due to his sublime attacking prowess, toyed with the best bowlers of his time, used to score centuries in a single session for fun, no other opener in the history of Indian cricket has as much impact as him not even Sachin. You do not average 50 in test cricket as an opener without a sophisticated batting style. It takes something more than "Sophistication" to beat the likes of Shoaib, Saqline and Asif into submission and score a triple ton in their own backyard.

Anyways this is your personal opinion so let's agree to disagree :)

Night_wolf
September 1, 2017, 11:11 AM
I will just leave this here:

http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F1118957_800x450. png&w=570

Source: Why Shakib is the best Test allrounder going around today (http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20525412/why-shakib-best-test-allrounder-going-today)

Along with this let me add the bellow picture for anyone who says he has to prove in Australia/Eng/SA/NZ(conditions most challenging for Asian players). You need to be given chances for proving yourself first. he hasn't been given enough chances and the small amount of chances he got he did very well with them

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1977&stc=1&d=1504282006

Roy_1
September 1, 2017, 11:51 AM
Along with this let me add the bellow picture for anyone who says he has to prove in Australia/Eng/SA/NZ(conditions most challenging for Asian players). You need to be given chances for proving yourself first. he hasn't been given enough chances and the small amount of chances he got he did very well with them

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1977&stc=1&d=1504282006

Exceptional stats for an Asian spin bowling alrounder, never doubted his ability.

Could you kindly post his stats against India ? I am just curious how did he fare against us compared to other top spinners, I am travelling right now, too lazy to search for it myself :D

Night_wolf
September 1, 2017, 11:13 PM
Exceptional stats for an Asian spin bowling alrounder, never doubted his ability.

Could you kindly post his stats against India ? I am just curious how did he fare against us compared to other top spinners, I am travelling right now, too lazy to search for it myself :D

His stats vs India wont be good in bowling..u dont need stats to tell that..he is a spinner after all..I think he has one 5fer vs India

RealSports
September 2, 2017, 08:13 AM
I totally agree that Stokes has a far higher ceiling than Shakib, but problem is that he can't reach that high as we have hoped. The player is too inconsistent. Can be explosive with the bat, but hasn't done much with the ball. Excellent fielder. Stokes, playing during the era of Sachin, Gilchrist, Hayden, Dravid, Pollock, Ntini, Donald, Lee...would've been a joke!!!

Gowza
September 2, 2017, 08:23 AM
You're comparing 2 different all rounders one spin one pace one genuine one a batting all rounder. Shakib has a lot of records in the league of the bothams, hadlee's and imran's, not sure stokes has that....

tiger1000
September 2, 2017, 09:30 AM
I totally agree that Stokes has a far higher ceiling than Shakib, but problem is that he can't reach that high as we have hoped. The player is too inconsistent. Can be explosive with the bat, but hasn't done much with the ball. Excellent fielder. Stokes, playing during the era of Sachin, Gilchrist, Hayden, Dravid, Pollock, Ntini, Donald, Lee...would've been a joke!!!

How does Stokes have a higher ceiling?

With the bat maybe

As an all rounder, hell no, he plays with no pressure and still can't perform to Shakibs level

He's 26 too, he's not some young 23 year old

RazabQ
September 2, 2017, 10:57 AM
I don't know what do you mean by that, footwork is just one aspect of batting, he never needed it as he had surreal hand-eye co-ordination, he was in a league of his own, Kohli may eclipse Sachin one day but we will never have another Sehwag. Contrary to popular belief he had a pretty good defense albeit underrated due to his sublime attacking prowess, toyed with the best bowlers of his time, used to score centuries in a single session for fun, no other opener in the history of Indian cricket has as much impact as him not even Sachin. You do not average 50 in test cricket as an opener without a sophisticated batting style. It takes something more than "Sophistication" to beat the likes of Shoaib, Saqline and Asif into submission and score a triple ton in their own backyard.

Anyways this is your personal opinion so let's agree to disagree :)

I think you may be misunderstanding me. I greatly admire Shewag for what he accomplished with the willow in hand. I would pay to watch Shewag bat in his prime. (Him as a person outside the field - different matter). However, Shewag's batting technique was very simple. Stay alongside ball and when in your zone hit it. Shakib's batting technique is also very unsophisticated (He's nowhere the same league as a batsman as Shewag just to be clear).

So when I say Jaddu's bowling is not sophisticated, it shouldn't be taken as an indictment against his ability to be successful. Md. Rafique was very similar as a bowler.

MHRAM
September 2, 2017, 12:47 PM
This nonsense that Stokes has a higher ceiling has no backup.

Can Stokes outperform shakib with the bat? Maybe.

With the ball? Never! Shakib has 2 10-fors in a match amidst 17 5-fors in tests. In ODIs he has been a really effective frontline bowler. In T20Is Shakib's bowling sets himself apart. Can stokes ever match Shakib in bowling? Don't think so.

Stokes has 2 5-fers at the age of 26. Shakib already has 12 5-fors by then

aklemalp
September 2, 2017, 12:51 PM
Stokes has 2 5-fers at the age of 26. Shakib already has 12 5-fors by then

Hard for stokes to take five-fers when Broad and Anderson taking wickets for fun.

tiger1000
September 3, 2017, 09:45 AM
Hard for stokes to take five-fers when Broad and Anderson taking wickets for fun.

Shakib had to be strike bowler, partnership breaker, workhorse, all by himself

He already fractured his shin and picked up a career affecting injury by then

aklemalp
September 3, 2017, 01:39 PM
Shakib had to be strike bowler, partnership breaker, workhorse, all by himself

He already fractured his shin and picked up a career affecting injury by then

When did he fractured his shin?

I missed that

tiger1000
September 3, 2017, 03:44 PM
When did he fractured his shin?

I missed that

He was out for six months from end of 2012 with a fracture on his right shin and he underwent surgery on his right calf too at start of 2013

Watch bowling clips and you'll see Shakib with higher action vs one with a slingy one after this, that's too reduce pressure and stress from his right leg, after then his bowling lost its big turn and natural flight, after injury he now manages to force flight, but at a reduced speed, he's developed a great arm bowl from a good one, has started to develop an out swinger for past year and he's done some great stuff with it and his control of speed is better than ever.

There's a reason why other all rounders come and go, but Shakib stays, he adapts as his body develops and wear and tear takes its toll and he constantly adapts to stay ahead of his opposition

Often when you watch Shakib you can tell he's not fully fit, hence he occasionally has matches where his bowling goes completely flat, but he's developed his batting and averages 50 since 2014

Yankees
September 3, 2017, 04:07 PM
Watch bowling clips and you'll see Shakib with higher action vs one with a slingy one after this, that's too reduce pressure and stress from his right leg, after then his bowling lost its big turn and natural flight, after injury he now manages to force flight, but at a reduced speed, he's developed a great arm bowl from a good one, has started to develop an out swinger for past year and he's done some great stuff with it and his control of speed is better than ever.

There's a reason why other all rounders come and go, but Shakib stays, he adapts as his body develops and wear and tear takes its toll and he constantly adapts to stay ahead of his opposition

Very well said.

SportingBD
September 7, 2017, 11:09 AM
Career best for stokes.

6/22 against West Indies!

Beast.

aklemalp
September 7, 2017, 11:10 AM
Career best for stokes.

6/22 against West Indies!

Beast.

Bowler friendly conditions. Even Rubel woulda take a 6-fer there.

SportingBD
September 7, 2017, 11:25 AM

His batting will be tested in such conditions!

Roy_1
September 7, 2017, 12:08 PM

Why not give credit where it is due? 6 wk haul is always praiseworthy irrespective of the conditions. I hope I did not miss the sarcasm if any.

Anyways, always knew he would up his game bowling-wise, just a matter of time.

tiger1000
September 7, 2017, 01:01 PM
Why not give credit where it is due? 6 wk haul is always praiseworthy irrespective of the conditions. I hope I did not miss the sarcasm if any.

Anyways, always knew he would up his game bowling-wise, just a matter of time.

He will always have great games, it's consistency that's his problem

RazabQ
September 8, 2017, 02:57 AM
Stokes definitely had a great spell of swing bowling and at mid 80s too. But if Jason Holder is taking out a Joe Root then you know it's the bowlers' day.

SportingBD
September 8, 2017, 09:30 AM
Stokes definitely had a great spell of swing bowling and at mid 80s too. But if Jason Holder is taking out a Joe Root then you know it's the bowlers' day.

Well they are finding it hard to take out Ben Stokes:applause: Greatness.

On that terrible bowling wicket!

These are some of the ceilings we are referring to! Stokes is a deadly beast.

His a potential ATG! Could even be better than Botham/Imran etc!!!

Night_wolf
September 8, 2017, 09:33 AM
Stokes having a great game..deserves to get into 100 and 5wk in same match club

SportingBD
September 8, 2017, 09:36 AM
6 wickets and 60 runs on a bowling wicket!
That is a top class performance!

tiger1000
September 8, 2017, 04:24 PM
Well they are finding it hard to take out Ben Stokes:applause: Greatness.

On that terrible bowling wicket!

These are some of the ceilings we are referring to! Stokes is a deadly beast.

His a potential ATG! Could even be better than Botham/Imran etc!!!

Bowl didn't swing as much on day 2, did you even watch the game?

Botham and imran... Let him be Freddie first

Age for Age Flintoff was certainly better, and he's no ATG

RazabQ
September 9, 2017, 02:18 PM
No one here is saying Stokes isn't a great talent. Let's see how he does in Ashes. I'm not ready to crown him anything.

RazabQ
September 9, 2017, 02:19 PM
And Windies atrocious catching and no-balling deserves a mention here.

godzilla
September 9, 2017, 02:21 PM
Out of curiosity, how does the ranking points accumulate? Does Shakib get more points and earns more towards his name since he plays for a weaker team which always plays higher rank teams in test?

Yankees
September 9, 2017, 02:30 PM
Out of curiosity, how does the ranking points accumulate? Does Shakib get more points and earns more towards his name since he plays for a weaker team which always plays higher rank teams in test?

There is a slight advantage to playing a stronger team. But you also have to understand that it gets negated by the fact that he doesnt get to play as much, the mental pressure of being the #1 bowler and #1 batsman for his team, and he doesn't have a reliable partner on the other end. Bowlers are most effective when they hunt in packs (ashwin/jadeja) etc. Shakib has been on his own his entire career

tiger1000
September 9, 2017, 03:21 PM
There is a slight advantage to playing a stronger team. But you also have to understand that it gets negated by the fact that he doesnt get to play as much, the mental pressure of being the #1 bowler and #1 batsman for his team, and he doesn't have a reliable partner on the other end. Bowlers are most effective when they hunt in packs (ashwin/jadeja) etc. Shakib has been on his own his entire career

Actually there isn't an advantage of team being weaker, it's how team ranking works not player rankings

It's points acquired vs class of player, so he will pick up more points against better players e.g. He'll pick up more points vs Williamson than he would vs saha even though one plays for a much better team

Yankees
September 9, 2017, 03:52 PM
Actually there isn't an advantage of team being weaker, it's how team ranking works not player rankings

It's points acquired vs class of player, so he will pick up more points against better players e.g. He'll pick up more points vs Williamson than he would vs saha even though one plays for a much better team

There, fixed it.

RazabQ
September 26, 2017, 09:34 AM
Say what you will about Shakib but he knows how to get away with beating someone up. Stokes on the other hand ...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20823300/ben-stokes-arrested-bristol-incident

Rifat
September 26, 2017, 10:11 AM
Say what you will about Shakib but he knows how to get away with beating someone up. Stokes on the other hand ...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20823300/ben-stokes-arrested-bristol-incident

who did Shakib ever beat up? I would be curious to know...