PDA

View Full Version : Who do we like us to play in the Semi-final?

Roni_uk
June 10, 2017, 11:20 AM
Thank you England and we are in the semis and thats before India or South Africa but who do we want to play in the semi?

Whoever we play good luck Bangladesh. :)

SportingBD
June 10, 2017, 11:21 AM
India - boy usually are on fire against them.. they go in line with fan's hunger...

Fahim
June 10, 2017, 11:30 AM
south africa - the biggest chokers in world cricket

Mas_UK25
June 10, 2017, 11:32 AM
Not there yet. It's not certain till it's certain.

ReZ_1
June 10, 2017, 11:35 AM
Srilanka/Pakistan can also potentially become the group champions..

Nafi
June 10, 2017, 11:44 AM
Srilanka/Pakistan can also potentially become the group champions..

We should beat either of those teams.

South Africa I would back us if the pitch is slow. And india if they dont make more than 320, or their batting has an ordinary day, then we have a good chance.

Kohli_Sox
June 10, 2017, 11:47 AM
South Africa definitely but I will take India and whoop their *** and their arrogant fans

22Yards
June 10, 2017, 11:49 AM
If I have to pick a poison, i will go with SA. They aren't playing heir best and they are known chokers. I would just hobe ab and faf fails on the given day.

Habib
June 10, 2017, 11:51 AM
Neither. I want Pak/SL. There is a slight chance of them being the group champion. :)

ReZ_1
June 10, 2017, 12:01 PM
Neither. I want Pak/SL. There is a slight chance of them being the group champion. :)

Yes that is what I was saying.. Let Pak/Sl be the group champions.. we can easily thrash any one of them.. :D Let SA be the runner up they might be good enough to beat the mighty Eng in the semis.. then in the Final we will allow the SA to choke and claim the trophy..E-)

MHRAM
June 10, 2017, 12:08 PM
South Africa easily
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 12:19 PM
Brace yourselves guys, you are facing us, you are gonna witness a repeat of 2015 😂

Wakidul
June 10, 2017, 12:26 PM
Brace yourselves guys, you are facing us, you are gonna witness a repeat of 2015 😂

Genuinely think you guys will roll over us. Can't believe the 84 all out a couple of weeks back! Can't see us getting past India.

Roy I like u as a poster mate, but hoping SA win tomorrow.

NoName
June 10, 2017, 12:29 PM
Anyone other than India or Pak

zman
June 10, 2017, 12:32 PM
I don't think SA will lose this. In ICC tournaments they generally do very well early on and establish themselves as favorites before choking and getting knocked out. Right now they're probably considered underdogs and ABD could easily rediscover his form against Indian bowling which he is very familiar with.

roman
June 10, 2017, 12:36 PM

Exactly. Realistically we have better chance of winning against them than India or SA.

PoorFan
June 10, 2017, 12:36 PM
BD will do much better playing SA pace bowling, SA does not know much about BD bowling either [we dont play often against them]. This is the reason I think BD may have some advantage.

SL and PAK, both are far behind in NR, have to win massive to become top of group B, wich is not realistic in my view.

Rifat
June 10, 2017, 12:47 PM
subhanAllah! equation is super simple for Bangladesh. just win whatever comes in our way :D

Zeeshan
June 10, 2017, 12:51 PM
India will probably win against South Africa. And we will meet India. Amra to abar psychologically khepe jai indiar sathe khelte giye...dekhi ki hoy allah mabud

Zeeshan
June 10, 2017, 12:53 PM
subhanAllah! equation is super simple for Bangladesh. just win whatever comes in our way :D

Amen, brother amen.

Jadukor
June 10, 2017, 12:54 PM
I hope we can for once win the toss

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 12:56 PM
I don't think SA will lose this. In ICC tournaments they generally do very well early on and establish themselves as favorites before choking and getting knocked out. Right now they're probably considered underdogs and ABD could easily rediscover his form against Indian bowling which he is very familiar with.

Jodi kaal jite jai sobar age apnake troll korbo 😂

mufi_02
June 10, 2017, 12:57 PM
SA ofcourse. Social media will be nasty if there is Bd vs Ind.

Night_wolf
June 10, 2017, 01:08 PM
SA ofcourse. Social media will be nasty if there is Bd vs Ind.

yes, for the same reason I want SA as well

RealSports
June 10, 2017, 01:11 PM
I prefer India. Atmosphere will be electric. There's a large Bangladeshi community in Birmingham. Also, India don't like facing the Fizz for some reason. Rubel v Kohli will be great. I will go with the same XI we used against New Zealand, but change the batting order around. Tamim, Sarker, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah, Shakib, Sabbir, Mosaddek, Mashrafe, Rubel, Taskin and Fizz. Number #3 has damaged us in this tour to Europe – get that fixed.

anon4567
June 10, 2017, 01:15 PM
We should play India because it would be very satisfying if we beat them and knock them out of the CT. It will shut up the arrogant Indian fanbase throwing insults at us all over Facebook and Twitter, ironically even when Australian fans are congratulating us. We really need to shut them up.

anon4567
June 10, 2017, 01:15 PM
Also, no reserve day for semis. If the game gets washed out, SA/ Ind go through to the finals due to higher NRR.

Foozy
June 10, 2017, 01:46 PM
Also, no reserve day for semis. If the game gets washed out, SA/ Ind go through to the finals due to higher NRR.

If SA/Ind gets rained out, and SL/Pak gets played, we will end up playing the winner of that match which works out for us.

simon
June 10, 2017, 01:50 PM
Bharot
If not then Pak
Because beating them will be awesome

Zeeshan
June 10, 2017, 01:56 PM
Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India and South Africa.... Just roast the whole squad already.

6alltheway
June 10, 2017, 02:39 PM
Alas some of our own fans are becoming arrogant just as we blame other fans as we become a better team.

Any team we face will be increadibly difficult but no doubt possible if we apply the right tactics and mind set.

Match Adda
June 10, 2017, 02:52 PM
India don't have enough guts against no.1 team ...
South Africa will be all over them .
Bd vs Sa (semi clash)

kalpurush
June 10, 2017, 03:55 PM
If I have to pick a poison, i will go with SA. They aren't playing heir best and they are known chokers. I would just hobe ab and faf fails on the given day.

Amla!

Amla ...

kalpurush
June 10, 2017, 03:59 PM
India will probably win against South Africa. And we will meet India. Amra to abar psychologically khepe jai indiar sathe khelte giye...dekhi ki hoy allah mabud

Please be sure to ask Mushy not to celebrate before the match officially ends! ;)

kalpurush
June 10, 2017, 03:59 PM
I hope we can for once win the toss

I would rather like to win the match...

kalpurush
June 10, 2017, 04:05 PM
We should play India because it would be very satisfying if we beat them and knock them out of the CT. It will shut up the arrogant Indian fanbase throwing insults at us all over Facebook and Twitter, ironically even when Australian fans are congratulating us. We really need to shut them up.

I thought India has the best batting line up...it would be very very tough to beat India.

On the other hand, SA might have difficult time to handle our spinners...thus, possibility is higher for us to make an impact...

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2017, 04:06 PM
south africa - the biggest chokers in world cricketI'd take whomever. But this is choker tag is mouth watering. :clap:

Their bowling is circled around Tahir.

Rabada, Parnell, Morris, Morkel, Duminy all can be neutralized.

hoodlum
June 10, 2017, 04:41 PM
Yes i would take South Africa.At the moment India is too strong to beat.

icricket
June 10, 2017, 04:59 PM
Pollster should've added a 3rd option as "doesn't matter."
------------
Alhamdulillah!
Like I said on the other thread, I don't care about the opponents. Whoever they are, show them no mercy, knock them out from the tourney and let us play in the Final inshAllah. :fanflag:

tiger1000
June 10, 2017, 05:27 PM
Anyone but India for us to have the best chance

adamnsu
June 10, 2017, 06:50 PM
I would prefer Saffers as they are big chokers and as India has played a lot with us knows how to play us better.

Rifat
June 10, 2017, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't underestimate South Africa at any cost(They have to get past India challenge). Bangladesh clearly struggles against Leg spin and Tahir can probably exploit that as easily done by Adil Rashid and Rashid Khan in the not too distant past. Bangladesh was "fizzed" by Rabada in his debut game and he just knocked over England just less than two weeks ago.

Interested to see what kind of pitch the semis has to offer. I am really excited for India vs. South Africa tomorrow.

Rifat
June 10, 2017, 06:55 PM
I would rather like to win the match...

hahahahaha witty Obayed chai. that's the spirit. :D

meazz1
June 10, 2017, 07:12 PM
I want to see Ind lose to BD in world stage!!!

Foozy
June 10, 2017, 07:50 PM
I dont think Ind will survive the SA challenge. Their bowling attack is too weak!

MohammedC
June 10, 2017, 08:08 PM
The amount of interest for this match is unbelievable. I can not get a ticket at any price.

meazz1
June 10, 2017, 08:51 PM
I so happy we are here waiting and talking about who we want to play. I never though this day would come for BD cricket.

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 09:09 PM
If we win I will troll everyone of you voted for SA here and if we lose, well, a brief hiatus is always on the cards :D:D

Sadly NightWolf da will be super pleased if the latter happens :sigh:

zman
June 10, 2017, 09:33 PM
^If India loses we can rightfully claim you weren't good enough to earn the right to play us in the semis, and then if we go on to beat SA, it's a double whammy :D

I'm pulling for SA because they're my second fav team, I genuinely like them. I feel bad that they are always stacked with talent and yet perennial chokers. The first world cup I followed was in 1992. If not for weird untested D/L rules at the time, which robbed them a berth in the finals, they would've been favorites to win the cup and their history could've been different. Similar to what could've happened to us if we weren't robbed of the win at Multan.

Night_wolf
June 10, 2017, 09:37 PM
SA has to bowl first...chasing seems to be the way to go last couple of matches, and India and Kohli are master chasers

MarufH
June 10, 2017, 09:44 PM
I say we play SL. :)

zman
June 10, 2017, 09:51 PM
Why is Ashwin not playing? Is he injured? Leaving him out against SA would be a big mistake.

zman
June 10, 2017, 09:53 PM
I say we play SL. :)
I'm hoping tomorrow's match will have a close finish and Pak vs SL will be totally one sided so we can draw SL or Pak.

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 10:25 PM
Why is Ashwin not playing? Is he injured? Leaving him out against SA would be a big mistake.

Unlike Dhoni Kohli has shown faith in our pace attack, playing two spinners in England is a luxury not sure if we can afford, having said that I think Ashwin replacing Jadeja today would be the wise thing to do as Yuvi and Kedar could take care of the secondary spinning needs, Hardik won't be dropped for sure due to his big hitting capability lower down the order and we will lack speed without Umesh. Then again if AB decides to get back in form today it won't matter anymore who is bowling. :ohno:

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 10:30 PM
We need to win the toss today and let the Saffers bat first to have a chance, we are clueless dodos most of the times when it comes to set up a target.

cricket_king
June 10, 2017, 10:36 PM
Anyone but India. These dudes don't mess around in big tournaments and tread very carefully against Bangladesh. I'll take saffas or Lanka, But ideal would be Pakistan. I fancy our batsmen to negate their bowlers, and other than Babar Azam, they don't have many batsmen of international quality.

shujan
June 10, 2017, 10:54 PM
I prefer to face South Africa over Indigenous people. Indigenous usually play 13 vs 11 against Bangladesh. hard to beat 13 players if you know what I mean. :)

Vepu
June 10, 2017, 11:01 PM
We need to win the toss today and let the Saffers bat first to have a chance, we are clueless dodos most of the times when it comes to set up a target.

Doubts creeping in?

Vepu
June 10, 2017, 11:02 PM
If India make it to the semis, ICC will do everything to help them reach the Final. Rooting for RSA today

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 11:12 PM
Two conspiracy theorists already spotted, waiting for Lord Furqan and other heavyweights :lol:

R0ssei
June 10, 2017, 11:15 PM
How do you know it won't be SL or PAK? Wouldn't you prefer any of these 2 to play against in SF?

zman
June 10, 2017, 11:20 PM
How do you know it won't be SL or PAK? Wouldn't you prefer any of these 2 to play against in SF?
It would be the best case scenario but not very likely to happen. Ind or SA cannot lose by more than a few runs and Pak or SL would have to win by a huge margin (100+ runs)

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 11:22 PM
If India make it to the semis, ICC will do everything to help them reach the Final. Rooting for RSA today

True sir, even Batman can't save BD if India reaches semi.

Night_wolf
June 10, 2017, 11:27 PM
Two conspiracy theorists already spotted, waiting for Lord Furqan and other heavyweights :lol:

you see why I want SA now?, if we only had to deal with the conspiracy theorists it would have been ok but with conspiracy theorists comes indian freedom fighters..constant bickering ruins decent posters..I remember one very decent Indian poster senman, was one of my fev indian posters here before the 2015 debacle. after 2015 the guy only comes in this forum to defend India and has belief that we only think about conspiracy

Eclipse
June 10, 2017, 11:37 PM
It's quite difficult for me to choose between India and SA. I want us to play against saffers in the semifinal but at the same time I don't want India to get knocked out of the tournament.

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 11:39 PM
you see why I want SA now?, if we only had to deal with the conspiracy theorists it would have been ok but with conspiracy theorists comes indian freedom fighters..constant bickering ruins decent posters..I remember one very decent Indian poster senman, was one of my fev indian posters here before the 2015 debacle. after 2015 the guy only comes in this forum to defend India and has belief that we only think about conspiracy

Just a friendly banter sir, nothing more, I don't think Vepu da would mind much, anyways will try my best not to engage in anymore banters today and reserve my wits for the upcoming Ind vs BD match.:D

Have a nice day buddy :up:

Night_wolf
June 10, 2017, 11:45 PM
yes just banter, clearly you weren't around 2015 here

Roy_1
June 10, 2017, 11:58 PM
yes just banter, clearly you weren't around 2015 here

Nope I wasn't around, still I can somewhat understand what gigantic mess you guys had to deal with. I ain't replying to trolls today, neither posting anything even remotely provocative, you have my word, okay? Chill bruv

LongStop
June 11, 2017, 12:02 AM
Why only these two teams, when any two teams can qualify for Semi in this group?
Loser of next two games are out of the tournament in this group. If India lose today, they are out, same for SA.

Night_wolf
June 11, 2017, 12:07 AM
Nope I wasn't around, still I can somewhat understand what gigantic mess you guys had to deal with. I ain't replying to trolls today, neither posting anything even remotely provocative, you have my word, okay? Chill bruv

yeah ok, just one piece of advise try to learn ignoring fools. you dont need to jump on every occasion to save India's somman! if one guy say India is a cheat that doesn't mean India cheats. what do you gain by proving him/her wrong. that guy/girl was wrong to begin with. In arguing with fools sometime you throw shots back(totally understandable) to BD. as a result normal posters get engaged for no reason..it goes on back and forth.

tonoy
June 11, 2017, 12:16 AM
I for one will look forward to facing the Indians. I think we got an unfinished business here and have a score to settle with them.

Ideally I would love the following scenario:

-Face Pakistan in the semifinal and win

-Let India take care of England from the other side

-Face India in the final and win the cup.

The following scenario would make this the best result Bangladesh could hope for except for maybe winning the world cup.

tanvir_nus
June 11, 2017, 12:17 AM
Wouldn't wanna play India, there will be a huge social media storm. Almost unbearable. India vs Bangladesh matches always created a media circus, with so much at stake in the Semi Finals I think if it happens it will be the biggest storm yet. Although, I don't care who we face, if India we would like revenge of the WC 2015, if Saffers we would want them to chocke. I hope we give guys like Shabbir and Soumya the FULL LICENSE to play freely, we are in with a good chance. We may badly need Taskin to really push India hard and the battle will be with the Indian batsmen and how Bangladeshi bowlers restrict them.

First though India has to beat the number 1 ranked team in the world. If SA clicks it will be very hard to beat them, they got one of the most explosive batting order in the world and their bowling has an awesome variety. In knockouts though Saffers are great chokers and historically they are a great team to play in knockouts. Today's game is also a knockout so I think we have a cracker on our hands today.

If we want to get past the Semi Finals, what I am hearing about Edgbaston also needs to come true. I mean the Bangladeshi fans need to be on the ground in massive numbers and outnumber the opponent's team. I think if we get our 12th man on the ground, and we have the young guys like Shabbir and Soumya playing fearlessly, it will be very very hard to beat our team. The team needs to think of this as just another match and play postivitely, fearlessly and most importantly freely. Think of wickets when bowling and think of runs when batting and not giving any chance to the opposition. I would like to just see green on the stadiums, and by what I am hearing there is a huge Bangladeshi presence around the area so there should be no excuse. If there was ever a case of needing our fans, THIS IS IT. We need all the Bangladeshis to be there for our Semi Finals. Please do not let us down!

The last thing I would like to request everyone reading this, stop trying to find faults with our team. Forget number 3, forget who is the extra 4th bowler, forget the captaincy errors, forget the young guns like Shabbir and Soumya out of form, let's start criticizing our opponents for once and really concentrate on the opposition. This will help the tigers play freely, in a knockout game I think that's what we need. We need to play absolutely fearlessly, there is no problem with the squad just think like that. We need the team united and we need the team firing on all cylinders, and this time we may need our young guns to fire BIG. That includes Shabir, Soumya, Mosaddek, Fizz.

Bonglababu
June 11, 2017, 12:24 AM
Wouldn't wanna play India, there will be a huge social media storm. Almost unbearable. India vs Bangladesh matches always created a media circus, with so much at stake in the Semi Finals I think if it happens it will be the biggest storm yet. Although, I don't care who we face, if India we would like revenge of the WC 2015, if Saffers we would want them to chocke. I hope we give guys like Shabbir and Soumya the FULL LICENSE to play freely, we are in with a good chance. We may badly need Taskin to really push India hard and the battle will be with the Indian batsmen and how Bangladeshi bowlers restrict them.

First though India has to beat the number 1 ranked team in the world. If SA clicks it will be very hard to beat them, they got one of the most explosive batting order in the world and their bowling has an awesome variety. In knockouts though Saffers are great chokers and historically they are a great team to play in knockouts. Today's game is also a knockout so I think we have a cracker on our hands today.

If we want to get past the Semi Finals, what I am hearing about Edgbaston also needs to come true. I mean the Bangladeshi fans need to be on the ground in massive numbers and outnumber the opponent's team. I think if we get our 12th man on the ground, and we have the young guys like Shabbir and Soumya playing fearlessly, it will be very very hard to beat our team. The team needs to think of this as just another match and play postivitely, fearlessly and most importantly freely. Think of wickets when bowling and think of runs when batting and not giving any chance to the opposition. I would like to just see green on the stadiums, and by what I am hearing there is a huge Bangladeshi presence around the area so there should be no excuse. If there was ever a case of needing our fans, THIS IS IT. We need all the Bangladeshis to be there for our Semi Finals. Please do not let us down!

The last thing I would like to request everyone reading this, stop trying to find faults with our team. Forget number 3, forget who is the extra 4th bowler, forget the captaincy errors, forget the young guns like Shabbir and Soumya out of form, let's start criticizing our opponents for once and really concentrate on the opposition. This will help the tigers play freely, in a knockout game I think that's what we need. We need to play absolutely fearlessly, there is no problem with the squad just think like that. We need the team united and we need the team firing on all cylinders, and this time we may need our young guns to fire BIG. That includes Shabir, Soumya, Mosaddek, Fizz.
:up::up:

Roy_1
June 11, 2017, 12:27 AM
yeah ok, just one piece of advise try to learn ignoring fools. you dont need to jump on every occasion to save India's somman! if one guy say India is a cheat that doesn't mean India cheats. what do you gain by proving him/her wrong. that guy/girl was wrong to begin with. In arguing with fools sometime you throw shots back(totally understandable) to BD. as a result normal posters get engaged for no reason..it goes on back and forth.

Look mate I am basically a chillin and **** kinda guy, Its been no more than six months since I joined yet made quite a few friends in this short timespan, even when I troll I maintain a personal code of decency, I always engage the poster never drag his nationality or anything, so unless I lose my marbels completely you will never ever see me abusing or generalizing, I see hardly any regular Indian members here so sometimes I had to step up is all, that being said I get your point and thanks for your generous advise, But I bet if you were in my shoes even you would have reacted strongly to some of the posts people made here.

tanvir_nus
June 11, 2017, 12:32 AM
The other reason I say we need Shabbir, Soumya, Mosaddek in batting and Taskin and Fizz in bowling to fire on all cylinders is that the opposition will focus on the performers like Tamim, Mushfique, Shakib and Riyad. So these few can make it work on their favor if they want, we need them to fire desperately in the Semis, they are due for a big thing and I hope in the Semis all of them fire BIG.

Rifat_02
June 11, 2017, 12:32 AM
If we win I will troll everyone of you voted for SA here and if we lose, well, a brief hiatus is always on the cards :D:D

Sadly NightWolf da will be super pleased if the latter happens :sigh:

Are you really from India or a Bangladesh fan in disguise

Roey Haque
June 11, 2017, 12:34 AM
Of course SA. India just beat us by 200 + runs just two weeks. Of course we want to test our skills vs SA.

Roy_1
June 11, 2017, 12:38 AM
Are you really from India or a Bangladesh fan in disguise

Indian, always and forever.

We desperately need to win today and if we win 90% chance is that we will be facing you.

Come on man you know that, why pulling my leg? :D

tonoy
June 11, 2017, 12:43 AM
Roy, I am rooting for an Indian win. Dude forget about the Pak and India rivalry. Im telling you Bang vs Ind is the new intense rivalry and will surpass any other viewership number.

Roy_1
June 11, 2017, 12:52 AM
Roy, I am rooting for an Indian win. Dude forget about the Pak and India rivalry. Im telling you Bang vs Ind is the new intense rivalry and will surpass any other viewership number.

I almost broke my TV the other day watching Azhar and hafizz bat :floor:

Indo Pak matches these days are absolute borefest.

MHRAM
June 11, 2017, 01:11 AM
Indian players don't care about Pakistan anymore tbh
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Jadukor
June 11, 2017, 02:37 AM
If Sri Lanka can chase down 321 then we could as well. The question is can we win a toss and get the opportunity

Vepu
June 11, 2017, 06:49 AM
Night wolf must be fun in parties :facepalm:

aklemalp
June 11, 2017, 06:54 AM
Most likely, India bangladesh semi

ReZ_1
June 11, 2017, 07:17 AM
SO it seems India..

But I would hate to see another Mauka Mauka video from the Indians.. These are just unnecessary and at the same time insulting too..

Mas_UK25
June 11, 2017, 07:22 AM
Let's just confirm it. Because SA, will not defend anything below 280! They won't even get 230 in this situation let alone 250.

Bangladesh v India. Semi final. Edgbaston!

Unless it's a close win and then one of SL and Pak win by huge margin, nrr might take them first?

Habib
June 11, 2017, 07:28 AM
Looks like India it will be.

Rana Melb
June 11, 2017, 07:51 AM
So are we picking 4 pacers against india?

Mas_UK25
June 11, 2017, 10:32 AM
I wonder where the tickets for the semi final, will be available or have they already been taken?
Went and checked icc website, can't find it anywhere yet!

6alltheway
June 11, 2017, 10:37 AM
So it will be india.hopefully we give better showing than last time. Dont care if we loose as we did better than expected anyway.

6alltheway
June 11, 2017, 10:38 AM
I wonder where the tickets for the semi final, will be available or have they already been taken?
Went and checked icc website, can't find it anywhere yet!

All sold out through official channels but you can still get them on gumtree or ebay

Vahroone
June 11, 2017, 10:51 AM
Ouch...we're going to play Bangladesh.

Hope the BCCI still has enough legs to bribe a Pakistani umpire to help us win.

Night_wolf
June 11, 2017, 10:57 AM
I wish Australia had beaten England

Shingara
June 11, 2017, 11:00 AM
Get ready for an absolute ***-whoopping from India!

ReZ_1
June 11, 2017, 11:03 AM
ei sujoge jodi tistar pani chuktita korano jeto....E-) tader kase ai match maan sommaner ebong jatio issue, but amader kisu jaye ase na... er cheye pani chuktita beshi joruri..

Mas_UK25
June 11, 2017, 11:03 AM
Bangladesh will not roll over like SA did. 2015 QF was close till the no ball incident. Even man like Sidhu admitted it would've been a different game had Sharma got out. Anyway, BD should've easily won the t20 match. But here is a major chance to take a sweet revenge. Done it before (2007), can't see why BD can't do it again, this BD is miles better and skilled than that of 2007.

Sarkar, Sabbir, yet to fire. Fizz has not done much, other than being very economical in his middle and end overs. Many will be eager to perform hard and well.

Have faith. We came back from the dead (almost) to go through to semis. And in a semi final, anything is possible. They might he favourites but I don't think Bangladesh fears them one bit, infact I see BD players more fired up against them than any other sides.

InshAllah. Keep believing in yourselves BD tigers. Chance to make history :fanflag:

roman
June 11, 2017, 11:04 AM
I wish Australia had beaten England

I wish SA had beaten India. India is just too strong. We have to be at our very best to beat them.

Roni_uk
June 11, 2017, 11:05 AM
SA let us down!!!

Ah well India it is. Say Hello.

Eclipse
June 11, 2017, 11:06 AM
Don't see us winning against India.

mufi_02
June 11, 2017, 11:06 AM
no matter what, we should bat 2nd. it will be near impossible to defend any scores against Kohli and co.

Zeeshan
June 11, 2017, 11:09 AM

You don't need to believe in quantum mechanics to see India cannot beat India.

Mas_UK25
June 11, 2017, 11:09 AM

Obviously, you won't since your Ind fan

Mas_UK25
June 11, 2017, 11:10 AM
You don't need to believe in quantum mechanics to see India cannot beat India.

Hahaha :lol:
Cracked me up

zman
June 11, 2017, 11:11 AM
I believe whoever bats second will win. We need Soumya or Sabbir to click and score 50+. If both of them click chasing down 340 is possible.

hoodlum
June 11, 2017, 11:15 AM
Oh no the mighty India. Too strong for now.

Roey Haque
June 11, 2017, 01:26 PM
If Mash pulls this one off, I won't call for his retirement for 6 months. After which, I will go back to calling for his retirement. Haha.

catstrophy
June 11, 2017, 01:35 PM
so we are playing ind? Damn that 84 all out will be fresh in their minds :(

adamnsu
June 11, 2017, 03:09 PM

You don't even see us winning against Afghanistan. Can you say something new

Rifat_02
June 11, 2017, 04:21 PM
I don't understand why people are not happy at the prospect of playing India, Sri Lanka did beat them, and the South Africa side they beat today was very poor, even Zimbabwe would have good chance of beating them the way they played or choked today

Fan4mAssam
June 12, 2017, 04:28 AM

Partially agree with you, but to replace the Indo-Pak rivalry, it will take sometime.

There are 2 reasons for it.

1. With Pakistan we have a history of enemity and it spills down to cricket field as well. BD is generally considered as a friendly country in India. So that "Dushmani" is missing in case of Bangladesh.

2. As I have said earlier in another post, despite the recent improvement by the Bangladesh team, you are yet to reach a level where you can regularly defeat top teams like India, England, Australia etc

If you ignore the last 10 years or so, Pakistan was genuinely great team that can beat India on any given day.

So it takes the uncertainty out of India Bangladesh matches as we know that India can beat you on 8 out 10 occasions.

adamnsu
June 12, 2017, 05:06 AM
Partially agree with you, but to replace the Indo-Pak rivalry, it will take sometime.

There are 2 reasons for it.

1. With Pakistan we have a history of enemity and it spills down to cricket field as well. BD is generally considered as a friendly country in India. So that "Dushmani" is missing in case of Bangladesh.

2. As I have said earlier in another post, despite the recent improvement by the Bangladesh team, you are yet to reach a level where you can regularly defeat top teams like India, England, Australia etc

If you ignore the last 10 years or so, Pakistan was genuinely great team that can beat India on any given day.

So it takes the uncertainty out of India Bangladesh matches as we know that India can beat you on 8 out 10 occasions.

I think the BD rivalry has been created by the media and fans on social media. And as India refuses to play Pakistan on political grounds, the rivalry between India and BD can grow, but wont be as large as the one with Pak.

Fan4mAssam
June 12, 2017, 05:38 AM
I think the BD rivalry has been created by the media and fans on social media. And as India refuses to play Pakistan on political grounds, the rivalry between India and BD can grow, but wont be as large as the one with Pak.

True. But I would say this rivalry is limited to mostly BD supporters in social media.

Indian fans, at least till now don't give a damn about India Bangladesh matches. For us it's another match that we should routinely win.

Off course this will change if BD can win few matches against India within a span of 1 or 2 years.

Till then it's a one sided hype.

adamnsu
June 12, 2017, 05:42 AM
True. But I would say this rivalry is limited to mostly BD supporters in social media.

Indian fans, at least till now don't give a damn about India Bangladesh matches. For us it's another match that we should routinely win.

Off course this will change if BD can win few matches against India within a span of 1 or 2 years.

Till then it's a one sided hype.

If you say its only by BD supporters then you are fortunate to only see BD comments and not the vulgarity of your own country men.

Habib
June 12, 2017, 05:50 AM
I prefer India. Atmosphere will be electric. There's a large Bangladeshi community in Birmingham. Also, India don't like facing the Fizz for some reason. Rubel v Kohli will be great. I will go with the same XI we used against New Zealand, but change the batting order around. Tamim, Sarker, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah, Shakib, Sabbir, Mosaddek, Mashrafe, Rubel, Taskin and Fizz. Number #3 has damaged us in this tour to Europe – get that fixed.

The stadium will be full with Indian fans rather than BD fans I am afraid. Don't think many BD fans have bought tickets for the semis beforehand.

Fan4mAssam
June 12, 2017, 06:18 AM
If you say its only by BD supporters then you are fortunate to only see BD comments and not the vulgarity of your own country men.

Not denying that, but vulgarity is not limited to any one country.

The fact is Bangladesh is mostly rediculed in Indian social media. It's because the behavior of BD supporters doesn't match the teams performance.

You guys behalf as if you are beating India regularly. As I have said earlier, if you can win let's say 5 or 6 matches out of next 10 matches against India, you will earn our respect, untill then calm down on your rhetoric.

We don't have any enemity with BD like we have with Pakistan and are genuinely happy if BD progresses but at the same time you have to respect India's perfermance where it's due.

Mas_UK25
June 12, 2017, 06:40 AM

The fact is Bangladesh is mostly rediculed in Indian social media. It's because the behavior of BD supporters doesn't match the teams performance.

You guys behalf as if you are beating India regularly. As I have said earlier, if you can win let's say 5 or 6 matches out of next 10 matches against India, you will earn our respect, untill then calm down on your rhetoric.

We don't have any enemity with BD like we have with Pakistan and are genuinely happy if BD progresses but at the same time you have to respect India's perfermance where it's due.

So you agree it's ok to ridicule BD because of how some of the fans behave? Like as if your fans are all saints?

Everything starts somewhere, doesn't it?. I've streamed online since 2011, every site I've watched cricket mostly Indian fans start trolling and the language is disgusting/racial. Bangladeshi fans only reply back and they get called arrogant :lol:. I don't deny some BD fans can give it back as deep as Ind fans, but trust me vast majority of the trolls are from India. I follow all the BD players on FB, Ind fans mostly go there start piling on filth!
Your fans are more overhyped than Pak fans. Bangalis in nature are not aggressive, but some can be, if you push it, which your fans do.

Like I said I've visited many sites. Now I go to one site only where there's good moderation and no trolls can get away with it. I'm also one of the moderators. But most of the sites, places on the Internet I've been too, even on Youtube comment section, it's mainly Indians starting off trolling.

adamnsu
June 12, 2017, 07:23 AM

If it is a fact, where is the proof? Even if it is the truth dont you think Indians on social media are petty to make fun of other people?

IMO many people didnt have a dislike for India in the past, but due to your media and social trolling it has given rise to such sentiments.

However I think the media and many cricketers are starting to respect us which is also a good sign.

But I agree the more regularly we beat top sides the more respect we will get.