PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Pakistan may win today's match and reach Finals.

tanvir_nus
June 13, 2017, 07:11 PM
I know it sounds impossible, but if Pakistan removes some out of form, out of era, out of their minds batsmen at the top like Hafeez and Azhar, Pakistan may actually have a really good squad with them. They stepped towards the right direction by getting rid of Ahmed Shehzad but I think they are still depending on Azhar Ali, Hafeez and to an extent Malik who have shown very little in their ODI career so far.

Now, why I think Pakistan may actually cause an upset today. England hasn't really been put under pressure this tournament, and history suggests that once in some pressure it may even crumble. Just the law of average should take over here as England hasn't had a bad game this tournament. If Pakistan wins the toss and can restrict England to a gettable total around 270/280 and bat out of their skin I see a Pakistani win here folks.
I just think a bad game is due from England and also complacency may set in after straight wins. They are going to change their lineup with Roy gone as well from the top, it will be very interesting to see what the result is today.

Let this tournament be the tournament for underdogs. Hope this sets the tone for us tomorrow as well as both England and India are the better teams on paper.

Jadukor
June 13, 2017, 07:39 PM
Nope i dont see this happening.

bujhee kom
June 13, 2017, 07:44 PM
Like Tanvir bahiya, I also have a feeling Pakistan will win tomorrow and England will flunk.

Mas_UK25
June 13, 2017, 07:48 PM
I reckon they can beat Eng if they bat first and set neat 300, then bowl with the scoreboard pressure. They have been bowling well since their first game.

reyme
June 13, 2017, 08:07 PM
Well PAK had just beaten SA and SL fair and square.
I dont see why they cant beat ENG same way they have beaten SA...

Except this ENG side is really good and probably the best in this tournament after IND

I just want us to win against IND, anything else does not matter

Nafi
June 13, 2017, 08:49 PM
No I dont see it happening.

tanvir_nus
June 13, 2017, 08:51 PM
Well PAK had just beaten SA and SL fair and square.
I dont see why they cant beat ENG same way they have beaten SA...

Except this ENG side is really good and probably the best in this tournament after IND

I just want us to win against IND, anything else does not matter

Lolz... a win against India in the semis will probably be as good as a world cup win for some BD fans. Problem is as the last t20 world cup showed, when BD gets close to such targets the players lose their shait and lose their nerve when they should keep calm. If it happens again I just hope the players keep their absolute calm and not celebrate or be excited before finishing the match. Wonder how other fans feel, does beating India sound like the ultimate reward or actually winning a Trophy, also Indians know this... so they come hard at us knowing that losing to us can spell doom! Lolz

Night_wolf
June 13, 2017, 09:05 PM
Pakistan as a cricket nation has more experience in these situations than England..they might just do it, though England is looking very strong in this tournament

Roey Haque
June 13, 2017, 09:52 PM
I think some of you guys don't have a grasp on the numbers nor reality. " Shoaib Malik showing little in his ODI career thus far?"
Do you know his average and strike rate is better than Tamim and overated and protected Mushfiq.You got some nerves to throw stones from glass houses.Such complacency when it comes to looking inwards does not deserve better results.

Electron
June 13, 2017, 09:59 PM
So far, Pakistan had one good match against South Africa. Were rubbish against India, and wouldn't have won if it wasn't for the toss and self-destruction from Sri Lanka.

Don't think they have done enough to earn this kind of prediction.

tanvir_nus
June 13, 2017, 10:18 PM
I think some of you guys don't have a grasp on the numbers nor reality. " Shoaib Malik showing little in his ODI career thus far?"
Do you know his average and strike rate is better than Tamim and overated and protected Mushfiq.You got some nerves to throw stones from glass houses.Such complacency when it comes to looking inwards does not deserve better results.

I know you are confused but sometimes we can post as a neutral fan or from a non-bangladeshi perspective. These are my opinion, I feel he hasn't contributed when Pakistan recently and correct me if I am wrong he has failed every match. Dont know why we have to bring Tamim or Mushfique into this, that's a seperate convo.

Roey Haque
June 13, 2017, 10:32 PM
Only two matches have been played. Out of which he was looking good in both, and remained on crease before the rain vs SA. But that is besides the point. I am getting at this attitude of dismissing and downplaying others without taking a look at yourself first. I do appreciate your opinion though, but I strongly disagree with it on the merit of a severe lack of introspection.

tanvir_nus
June 13, 2017, 10:48 PM
Only two matches have been played. Out of which he was looking good in both, and remained on crease before the rain vs SA. But that is besides the point. I am getting at this attitude of dismissing and downplaying others without taking a look at yourself first. I do appreciate your opinion though, but I strongly disagree with it on the merit of a severe lack of introspection.

I respect your opinion. But I think you are being over critical, not every comment here warrants an introspection, atleast not the purpose of this thread, and not downplaying Malik or Pakistan here. Infact the thread suggests complete opposite. For your sake, I hope Malik performs and prove me wrong.

Shaan
June 14, 2017, 01:55 AM
no chance for Pakistan here, it will be one sided game today, England will with a huge margin.

Mas_UK25
June 14, 2017, 02:34 AM
no chance for Pakistan here, it will be one sided game today, England will with a huge margin.

I'm sure that is how the Indians feel about the game against Bangladesh. But, any wise man will know that, cricket is a game of glorious uncertainty.

No one expected them to beat South Africa, no one expected Sri Lanka to beat India and that too with ease in the end chasing 320! And last but not least, no one ever would've dreamt Bangladesh coming back from 30-4 to make a huge 224 run partnership and win against New Zealand.

It's a semi. Not bilateral series. One off game, anything possible.

ma_o_mati
June 14, 2017, 03:06 AM
Pakistan doesnt have the batting depth. I do not see pakistan beating england.

Shaan
June 14, 2017, 03:08 AM
I'm sure that is how the Indians feel about the game against Bangladesh. But, any wise man will know that, cricket is a game of glorious uncertainty.

No one expected them to beat South Africa, no one expected Sri Lanka to beat India and that too with ease in the end chasing 320! And last but not least, no one ever would've dreamt Bangladesh coming back from 30-4 to make a huge 224 run partnership and win against New Zealand.

It's a semi. Not bilateral series. One off game, anything possible.

I agree with you it is anybody's game, but just looking at Pakistani Batting that makes me convince that England the winner, nothing taking out of Pakistan.

Habib
June 14, 2017, 03:10 AM
My prediction: England will blow Pakistan away.

SH Anik
June 14, 2017, 03:15 AM
My Prediction - Pakistan WILL win this match not 'may'.. its not prediction but my word!!

Shaan
June 14, 2017, 04:09 AM
England are batting first, that is a bad call from Srfraz after winning toss. Aamir is out, so does Fahim. I guess England will score 330 aorund, pakistan will be all out 210.

tanvir_nus
June 14, 2017, 04:15 AM
Dayum... Amir out, I think Pakistan's chance to win this fell by atleast 40%

DinRaat.
June 14, 2017, 04:23 AM
My Prediction - Pakistan WILL win this match not 'may'.. its not prediction but my word!!

Did you schedule a verbal brawl with Eclipse yet, I think all the members are waiting for it.

:)

tanvir_nus
June 14, 2017, 04:24 AM
The next India v Pakistan thread needs to be Eclipse v Anik thread.

DinRaat.
June 14, 2017, 04:35 AM

Look at that determination, he will take a bullet for his beloved pakistan.

nsuRocks
June 14, 2017, 04:50 AM
Lol!
Only if they can restrict England to 100-150!

nsuRocks
June 14, 2017, 04:54 AM
What I see happening: England end at 500-3!
Then Pakistan give up and decide to play out the 50 overs end up with 250/8 or if they case get all out for 220-230

Nafi
June 14, 2017, 07:11 AM

Since cricket world cup, tamim average is 57.3. Malik has average of 54.9.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/42657.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+Apr+2015;spanval1=s pan;template=results;type=batting

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56194.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=default ;spanmin1=01+Apr+2015;spanval1=span;template=resul ts;type=batting

R0ssei
June 14, 2017, 08:14 AM
Well, ENG are all out scoring only 211.

Jadukor
June 14, 2017, 08:15 AM
Well tanvir is right about half the game so far at least. Can pakistan batters close the deal now.

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 08:22 AM
I have full faith in Pakistani batsmen to make a complete mess out of this chase 👿

Roey Haque
June 14, 2017, 08:38 AM
Since cricket world cup, tamim average is 57.3. Malik has average of 54.9.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/42657.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+Apr+2015;spanval1=s pan;template=results;type=batting

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56194.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=default ;spanmin1=01+Apr+2015;spanval1=span;template=resul ts;type=batting

Thanks for this info, did not know you could filter by year.

Yeah, so their averages are close, but Malik's strike rate is 101, while Tamim's is 80. Anyway, my original point still stands. Why will we get to scoff at Malik, when our batsman are equal or worse than him? Are we holding Pakistan to a higher standard than us because of better cricket pedigree that existed there? (well not anymore because none of it gets played there now)

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 09:18 AM
Tanvir, man you have a crystal ball or something? :D

nsuRocks
June 14, 2017, 09:49 AM
Whoever opened this thread is a genius or like Roy said has a crystal ball for sure

Habib
June 14, 2017, 11:21 AM
My prediction: England will blow Pakistan away.

Pakistan should pay me for jinxing England. :D

SH Anik
June 14, 2017, 11:32 AM

:goal: :goal: ----> :)

Night_wolf
June 14, 2017, 11:42 AM
Pakistan should pay me for jinxing England. :D

heh..yeah right that was jinxing:rolleyes:

RazabQ
June 14, 2017, 12:05 PM
Dayamn. I thought this thread wasn't even worth posting on but the beauty of cricket has shown itself again. Congrats Team Pakistan. Well played!

SH Anik
June 14, 2017, 12:25 PM
Dayamn. I thought this thread wasn't even worth posting on but the beauty of cricket has shown itself again. Congrats Team Pakistan. Well played!

Pakistan = Eternal Beauty of Cricket

mufi_02
June 14, 2017, 12:59 PM

thamen bhai. thamen.

5tonne
June 14, 2017, 01:02 PM

Bob Woolmer's family beg to differ.

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 01:32 PM
Bob Woolmer's family beg to differ.

That was savage man, Jesus Christ:wow:

tanvir_nus
June 14, 2017, 06:01 PM
Hahahaha... I told you guyss.. I told yaaaa...

This is 3 predictions I got right in a row. Pak vs SA, Bd vs NZ, and now Pak vs England. This was the hardest of all.

Watch this space people, Bd vs Ind prediction coming RIGHT UP!

Roey Haque
June 15, 2017, 02:04 AM
So, what is your prediction? haha