PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Prediction in a row: Bangladesh vs India. David vs Goliath. Who is going to the Finals?

tanvir_nus
June 14, 2017, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately guys, I tried and tried to predict Bangladesh as much as I could, I got stuck in writing this so I am just going to be brutally honest and say what I feel and then conclude in the end. I just can't say Bangladesh with 100% confidence like I did with Pakistan or the two matches before that. I like to have logic in my prediction and my logic is saying this match is hugely unpredictable in nature, and a lot of variables depend on the result in our favour.

First variable, we need to see who is going to win the toss. India needs to bat first. I have a feeling though that if India wins the toss they will bat first knowing that their strength is batting. Our young guns need to fire in all cylinders for this match if we are going to win this. But I feel they will know that and even try forcing the tempo and thereby losing their wickets. If they bat second then only I see Soumya and Shabbir contributing, if we bat first there is a big chance they will fail and along with them Bangladesh's chance. Fact guys, the two most attacking batsmen from Bangladesh haven't contributed at all. Nobody gets this, but we are actually very very dependent on the 5 or 6 new guys in the squad, Taskin, Mustafizur, Mosaddek, Soumya and Shabbir need to deliver. One of SS or Shabbir needs to hit a ton here. If we are chasing Mosaddek will have a huge role, people don't know this but I rate Mosaddek as one of the best chasers in a cricket match, specially from Bangladesh. This is by judging his domestic performance though. He hasn't shown anything in the international stage but today could be his day.

The other variable which is unknown is how Bangladesh camp's mood is currently. Are they too excited? Are they Calm? Are they too nervous? Are they just focusing hard? What type of cricket are they looking forward to play? One thing I am 100% confident about is if we are in a 3 ball 2 runs situation we are not going to lose. Highly unlikely. We have learnt our lessons. Bangladesh needs to play like they don't care about win or loss. I keep saying this, when people write us off thats when we are so dangerous. Even in the last match, everyone would have swtiched off telly and gone to sleep at 33-4. Riyad and Shakib played like they didn't have nothing to lose, and that's how we won. That's exactly how we need to play, someone needs to do a Tamim from 07 batch here.

The last thing that is actually going in our favour though is the law of average, we have played 2 very average games and 1 above average, India has played two great games and one poor game. So if you sum up, Bangladesh is going to have a great game and India will have a poor game, which means Bangladesh has a higher chance of winning by law of average. Also, even by our standards we haven't played a perfect game. A perfect example of a perfect game was vs Sri Lanka not too many days ago in Colombo. If we can play at that level, I think we have a pretty good chance, also if we go the finals then I think I can confidently say we are going to win it. But today is the day we need to play that perfect cricket.

The other thing going in our favour is our practice game. Hear me out first guys, I know we lost by 200 something runs and got all out for 84 runs, but if we win I will attribute our success to this very practice match and thank God for it, it's not because of Indian complacency. If we win, ask me why.

To me, our best performers should be Taskin, Mushfiqur and Mosaddek if we are chasing. If there was one day we needed to play attacking cricket, this is the day! Mashrafe will be the key again, he needs to fire the boys up. We need to be in the same mindset as we were in the bilateral series in 2015 when the boys were truly fired up. We need them to just visualize them dominating Indian batting and bowling.

With Pakistan in the finals, Indians will be desperate to play them as well and this may work on their favour. What may work on our favour is if Yadav is left out.

All things said and done, if even most of the variables hold up and go in our favour, I think we are winning this, but this is India's match to lose.

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 07:48 PM
Mushfiq must behave like Samwell Tarly throughout the match, BD is doomed if he tries to do an Oberyn Martell on the field all over again :D J/K

Great write up bro :up:

NoName
June 14, 2017, 10:00 PM
They drop Yadav and instead brings Ashwin which is imo even worse for us. Every single encounter (cept for the odd one here and there) I can remember Ashwin has our number, be it taking wickets or strangling us of runs

adamnsu
June 15, 2017, 12:24 AM
I don't think the David tag applies to us any more, albeit India being the stronger team who have a stronger chance of winning.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2017, 12:25 AM
Every part of my body says BD will win other than the Brain.

icricket
June 15, 2017, 02:20 AM
:flag: inshAllah.

22Yards
June 15, 2017, 02:26 AM
Every part of my body says BD will win other than the Brain.

Believe what your heart says. We got this.

Roey Haque
June 15, 2017, 02:28 AM
If Bd lets the occasion get to them, they are goners! That I can tell you.

If Bd field as an unit, just as India does, then the men in blue will get the blues. That too I can tell you.

ReZ_1
June 15, 2017, 02:38 AM
Lets enjoy.. This is our first ever Semi Final in ICC event.. Obviously not gonna be our last..
Statistically we pretty well know the difference in caliber between the two teams at the moment. We need to play more than our average to win today. But at the same time if India also gives their utter best they will come topHope and I actually wish that we give our best and fight irrespective we lose or win. "the game won will be remembered but the game fought hard will always be admired"

Shaan
June 15, 2017, 02:44 AM
BD will my heart says !!

TNAmrkFrmInd
June 15, 2017, 03:00 AM
The last thing that is actually going in our favour though is the law of average, we have played 2 very average games and 1 above average, India has played two great games and one poor game. So if you sum up, Bangladesh is going to have a great game and India will have a poor game, which means Bangladesh has a higher chance of winning by law of average.
The law of averages is a silly myth. Teams have played entire tournaments without losing a match. India themselves did it in the last Champions Trophy in 2013. It's all about who plays well on the day.

Electron
June 15, 2017, 03:17 AM
Bangladeshi fans just need to sit back and enjoy watching Bangladesh in CT semifinal. Team has already surpassed expectation, so don't be too sad if you lose.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2017, 03:27 AM
Bangladeshi fans just need to sit back and enjoy watching Bangladesh in CT semifinal. Team has already surpassed expectation, so don't be too sad if you lose.

yes they surpassed my expectation

1. I thought we'll lose all the matches since its in England and the oppositions were England, Aus and NZ. we won against NZ in one of the best comebacks for our team ever

2. I though we are going in the CT as number 6 but when its over we'll be Number 7 if not 8. now even if we lose the semi and India wins the CT, we'll Go out of the CT as number 6.

Although I want to win today, That lost at the World T20 really hurt. I for one would love to be on the happy side this match

tanvir_nus
June 15, 2017, 04:22 AM
Oh well, on of the major variables just went out of our favour. Eventhough we lost the toss in cloudy overcast conditions, I am not saying game over, I will do an update of our % chance to win if I can here. The scale shifted to India's favour though, it's almost a 30-70 in Bd's favour now. Let's see what happens through the match.

bujhee kom
June 15, 2017, 04:51 AM
My bet is India will win strongly today.

But my heart and my genuine wish/desire asks for a Bangladesh win. India is so much stronger of a country in Cricket, in everything than mine. India has such rich, old, proven, discuiplined history of crciket, next to mine. India has won so many World championships in crciket already. Next to all those, we, Bangladesh have never won nothing in such a big stage of the game that we all love so much. A win would mean so much for me, and for many Bangladeshis.

To all the BD and India fans that are Banglacricket.com memebrs - please do NOT pay attention or even look or read the junks on the internet created by jerks, scumbags of either countries. Both country has a ton of people. There will be countless low lives all over the world. Look and associate with with only the ones that know how to respect one's fellow man and his/her feelings. Please bhais and sisters, do not hurt someone else's feelings, no matter how small, how young or how poor they are. Once you hurt someone, that can NEVER be repaired/fixed. It stays with a man forever.