PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to Bat or Bowl first against India in Semi-final?

WorldCup11
June 14, 2017, 07:36 PM
Just another time pass thread before the Big match. Looks like all other threads regarding this match has been hijacked so let’s discuss here and on topic please.
If Masrafee wins the toss today, do you like him to Bat first or choose Fielding? Please write few lines about your choice.

Please Vote on these four choices

Bat
Bowl
Does not matter we’ll win either way
Does not matter we’ll lose either way

IMO, we should invite India to Bat first.
Reason: From match preview (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/1103538.html), it seems like it'll be a batting paradise. There won't be any spin, no help for seam bowling nor will it swing. He thinks it is 350 Pitch.

If this is true what he is saying, we should bowl first and let India set a total. If we set the total, no matter how big that is,in this kind of pitch India will chase it down with their mighty batting line up.

NoName
June 14, 2017, 10:03 PM
Batting second seems to be the way to go in this tournament, but with our team and being the semis against India I fear that has recipe for an implosion

godzilla
June 15, 2017, 12:20 AM
Batting second seems to be the way to go in this tournament, but with our team and being the semis against India I fear that has recipe for an implosion

I personally feel that setting a target for Indian Batsmen is a worst implosion (with the ball) waiting to happen. India is too good t chasing.

adamnsu
June 15, 2017, 12:25 AM
Bowl first

Eclipse
June 15, 2017, 12:45 AM
We have no chance of winning this match if we lose the toss. We don't have the bowling strength to restrict India if they bat last.

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 12:50 AM
I'd bowl first. But I ain't the one to decide. So, let's hope the team think tank, know what exactly they want.

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 12:57 AM
In favor of bowling first:
1) Pitch will provide early morning swing
2) India are too good chasing and will chase anything under 300

Batting first
1) Play with freedom, not pay attention to the scoreboard
2) Pressure of chasing in a knockout match is immense. And we aren't good at chasing either.

But yes, bowling first is ideal

Tigers_eye
June 15, 2017, 05:30 AM
In favor of bowling first:
1) Pitch will provide early morning swing
2) India are too good chasing and will chase anything under 300

Batting first
1) Play with freedom, not pay attention to the scoreboard
2) Pressure of chasing in a knockout match is immense. And we aren't good at chasing either.

But yes, bowling first is ideal

Plus the D/L