PDA

View Full Version : Let us enjoy a good game of cricket together

Jadukor
June 14, 2017, 11:28 PM
Despite what some photoshopped images floating around on the internet and the constant barking of some illiterate and literate trolls on social media might lead you to believe, the fact is that the people of India and Bangladesh are friends and allies as neighboring Nations. One or two bad apples is not representative of 170 million or a Billion people.

I will be watching today’s game with many Bangladeshi friends and I have also invited two of my close Indian friends to join to watch the game and enjoy delicious Biriyani for dinner. I can understand the overflowing passion between the fans but for god's sake we are not fighting a crusade! It is okay to take it easy! As subcontinental fans, We share a rich history and many cultural similarities and, in general, regular Bangladeshi fans are very much appreciative of the skill, knowledge and flare, India brings to cricket.

To Indian fans : do understand that being a Tiger fan involves believing in the team and by extension any game that our team plays, we believe the tigers can win. This is not the same as undermining the Indian team or what they have achieved. So no reason to take offense if we hype our team in our own forum.

While friendly banters are okay I once again urge both sides to please not turn a competitive game of cricket into an ugly affair of hate and create needless animosity.

It is possible for both sides to support and believe in their own team and enjoy a good game of cricket! If we can't change what goes on outside we can at least try to do it here in BC

Night_wolf
June 14, 2017, 11:30 PM
Exactly

May the best team win

PoorFan
June 15, 2017, 12:16 AM
Good call Jadukor.

I would like to add few more words here. Be it 'one or two bad apples' or be it 'tousands of them', that even from places outside BC, never warrant takeing on members of any side here on BC. That is absolutely uncalled for, instead would urge members from both side to reject those trolls and let take care by mods if there any here on BC.

Despite what some photoshopped images floating around on the internet and the constant barking of some illiterate and literate trolls on social media might lead you to believe, the fact is that the people of India and Bangladesh are friends and allies as neighboring Nations. One or two bad apples is not representative of 170 million or a Billion people.

WorldCup11
June 15, 2017, 12:26 AM
This is pure discrimination from Jadukor. While he invited "Many" bangladeshi for that Biriyani party, he invited only "Two" Indians! Come-on,need to be fair with population ratio of both countries.

adamnsu
June 15, 2017, 12:33 AM
This is pure discrimination from Jadukor. While he invited "Many" bangladeshi for that Biriyani party, he invited only "Two" Indians! Come-on,need to be fair with population ratio of both countries.

Maybe that's the only two Indian friends he has, and the rest are the trolls he can't control like he can in here 😀

Jadukor
June 15, 2017, 12:46 AM
@Worldcup11 : good one lol

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 12:47 AM
Well I don't care about all this internet crap. Let us just enjoy this match. Winning it matters

guppy
June 15, 2017, 05:12 AM
Well I was all set to enjoy the match... before I was reminded forcefully that no one invited me for biryani dinner. Shob mathi hoye gelo

(kidding, good post)