PDA

View Full Version : Worst phase of young batsmen in our history?

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 07:20 AM
Soumya Sabbir Liton now Mosaddek.

All have been disappointing so far. True Soumya had a few good innings here and there.

Sorry but international cricket is not a place for talent. It's a place for performers. Performers win you matches.

With 2 years left till the next world cup this is the ideal time to try out new players or domestic performers

Maybe bring in Anamul? Liton? Shanto. Saif Hassan as an opener?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 07:21 AM
I will also prefer Nasir over mosaddek.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Gowza
June 15, 2017, 07:34 AM
Def would like to see liton again and possibly shanto. We are still impatient though, Sabbir and sarkar especially are very talented and shown capability at the highest level but they are still inconsistent, what they need are good mentors/coaches and cricket cricket cricket. Not enough A tours.

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 07:48 AM
Def would like to see liton again and possibly shanto. We are still impatient though, Sabbir and sarkar especially are very talented and shown capability at the highest level but they are still inconsistent, what they need are good mentors/coaches and cricket cricket cricket. Not enough A tours.

A tours are needed for fringe players.

What we need is a good BPL.

Shadab Fakhar Babar got a lot of exposure in psl.

We want BPL to create that platform for us

mufi_02
June 15, 2017, 07:57 AM
Agree. SS, Shabbir, Mosa all were poor throughout the tournament. If it was not for the seniors, we would have been demolished.

simon
June 15, 2017, 08:05 AM
SS,Sabbir,Mosa out
Imrul,Liton,Nasir in.

I thinknwe know what SS and Sabbor can do when they r on song but just lacking consistency for quite sometime now.

WarWolf
June 15, 2017, 08:08 AM
Another complain thread.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2017, 08:10 AM
Another complain thread.

a valid one IMHO

we need A team tours, BCB needs to get their act straight with A team tours

our domestic sucks, to evaluate players truly we need the A team tour

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 08:10 AM
SS, Sabbir, Mosa not good enough with the bat. Nasir, Maruf, Liton, Nafees, need to get chances.

Habib
June 15, 2017, 08:18 AM
Ghure firey abar Nasir key lagbe. Jottoshob.

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 08:24 AM
Another complain thread.

I have a lot of complaints because we have been very complacent these days.

I don't see management being bold and dropping players who aren't performing.

The question is, how many more matches do we need to lose before we realize that Sabbir Soumya don't have the mental or technical prowess for international cricket.

Sabbir I heard was a gutsy player. He was a flop in T20WC and also in CT

WarWolf
June 15, 2017, 08:30 AM
a valid one IMHO

we need A team tours, BCB needs to get their act straight with A team tours

our domestic sucks, to evaluate players truly we need the A team tour
It is sad to see these over the top "worst in the history" type of threads.

This is their first tour to U.K. Experience in different conditions is the key. Not only national team, but also A team, HP squad, U19 experiences are important. You have to give time to raw players if you push them directly into squad.

Sabbir has been playing in wrong position. Mosaddek too. It is not their fault. Though Soumya maintaining a good average, he may be dropped soon.

India has been excellent today.

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 08:57 AM
Very poor. These guys are not upto the standards. Mentality is like poor old ashraful.

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 09:06 AM

This is their first tour to U.K. Experience in different conditions is the key. Not only national team, but also A team, HP squad, U19 experiences are important. You have to give time to raw players if you push them directly into squad.

Sabbir has been playing in wrong position. Mosaddek too. It is not their fault. Though Soumya maintaining a good average, he may be dropped soon.

Excuses won't work. Reality is they all played in NZ and Ireland. Also had a training camp. A couple of practice matches against uni teams and also intl teams.

Soumya Sabbir have been playing since 2014. In international cricket you perform or you get the boot.

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 09:12 AM
I dont buy stupid talent thing. You either perform or shown the door. BD cricket not in a stage of talent hunt. Soumya Shabbir given enough chances.

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 09:13 AM
Shabbir is surely a fluke the way he plays

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 09:16 AM
Also where from shabbir is talented comes from? The guy has never scored a century. Played one eid innings against SL that too in t20. He makes Aftab Ahmed look like a million bucks.

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 10:50 AM
Also where from shabbir is talented comes from? The guy has never scored a century. Played one eid innings against SL that too in t20. He makes Aftab Ahmed look like a million bucks.

But his blind fans (our soft fans who are easily satisfied) well dwell and admire his Kohlesque style of batting, forever. LOL

Unbelievable how this man who has no 100 in any format, is considered to be some sort of talent.

roman
June 15, 2017, 11:02 AM
I rate Anamul higher than Shabbir. Shabbir belongs at #7

To be honest, also disappointed at the batsman Meraz. Thought he was solid with the bat

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 11:09 AM
But his blind fans (our soft fans who are easily satisfied) well dwell and admire his Kohlesque style of batting, forever. LOL

Unbelievable how this man who has no 100 in any format, is considered to be some sort of talent.

If someone can play a lofted shot then hes labelled as Talent in BD

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 11:10 AM
Miraz was really poor in in his first few matches, but later on he started scoring some runs. Scored a 50 against India in a test, scored some runs against Lanka too.

However, I don't think he has been able to get much time to practice on his batting. He needs to play some FC cricket. He has the technique and temperament to be a world class batsman.

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 11:11 AM
If someone can play a lofted shot then hes labelled as Talent in BD

:lol: So true. :up:

PoorFan
June 15, 2017, 11:13 AM
We are wasting SS, Sabbir by giving them free licence playing shots. Instead making them playing according to the game, making habbit of building partnership. Almost every match we are aplying 2 down in no time, thats not the way of playing games top level, not when you playing semi final or Final. Application and game plan has to be changed if we want to win regularly in top level.

tiger1000
June 15, 2017, 11:13 AM
Soumya Sabbir Liton now Mosaddek.

All have been disappointing so far. True Soumya had a few good innings here and there.

Sorry but international cricket is not a place for talent. It's a place for performers. Performers win you matches.

With 2 years left till the next world cup this is the ideal time to try out new players or domestic performers

Maybe bring in Anamul? Liton? Shanto. Saif Hassan as an opener?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Sarkar is on poor form and not helped by confused mentality, he should have gone super aggressive every match, like mccullum in wc15

Sabbir is a very talented lower order player, I won't go into it again, because when I pointed out long ago that it was a mistake to play him at 3, I apparently didn't know anything

Mossadek, I've said it many times, he's not ready for short format cricket, he bat's timid, again I was told I didn't know what I was on about

Mossadek should be dropped for nasir

Sabbir needs to be put down again

Sarkar deserves more chances, with a clear message

We need a number 3, now the tournament is over, let's try out options

Option 1 - kayes

Option 2 - kayes opens, Sarkar 3

Option 3 - Anamul

Option 4 - mominul

Option 5 - Mushfiq

Option 6 - Litton

All of them have their downsides, but sabbir is not the answer, he's poor at 3 and it weakens our lower order, him playing at 3 causes 2 major issues in the line up

As for worst phase... Certainly not, not even close, from aftab to raqibul, these young players are just better

Nafi
June 15, 2017, 11:24 AM

Different conditions? Most of the pitches have been roads

No more Kayes. I want either Mushy to come up to 3 or a proper number 3.

Sarkar just had a bad patch, no need to change openers.

NoName
June 15, 2017, 11:38 AM
Blaming conditions don't cut it when they had a training camp in Ireland, a bunch of practice matches and a recent tour to NZ, not to mention everything was flat.

Nafi
June 15, 2017, 11:42 AM
SS, Sabbir, Mosa not good enough with the bat. Nasir, Maruf, Liton, Nafees, need to get chances.

No place for reactionary thinking like this.

R0ssei
June 15, 2017, 12:25 PM
So, we need:
1) A better/more consistent opener with Tamim (SS need to play freely) and a backup opener (Imrul or someone else)
2) A solid No. 3 batsman (may be Mushy or someone else)
3) A power finisher (Nasir or Sabbir)
4) A medium pacer allrounder (Saifuddin or similar)
5) A genuine swing fast bowler (no one)
6) A leg spinner (no one)
7) A backup keeper+batsman

We need to build our A Team first. They should tour and get international exposure. Only then, we can just pick any batsman or bowler we need from A Team. Someone doing well in domestic league may not work in long run. Int'l cricket is very challenging and always evolving. We shouldn't experiment in a major Int'l tournament. That should be done prior to coming to national team.

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 12:28 PM
Get Nazmul already there. He has better temperament than these guys

tiger1000
June 15, 2017, 12:29 PM
So, we need:
1) A better/more consistent opener with Tamim (SS need to play freely) and a backup opener (Imrul or someone else)
2) A solid No. 3 batsman (may be Mushy or someone else)
3) A power finisher (Nasir or Sabbir)
4) A medium pacer allrounder (Saifuddin or similar)
5) A genuine swing fast bowler (no one)
6) A leg spinner (no one)
7) A backup keeper+batsman

We need to build our A Team first. They should tour and get international exposure. Only then, we can just pick any batsman or bowler we need from A Team. Someone doing well in domestic league may not work in long run. Int'l cricket is very challenging and always evolving. We shouldn't experiment in a major Int'l tournament. That should be done prior to coming to national team.

1) Sarkar and Imrul are usually good enough

2) no one

3) why not both and drop mossadek

4) saiffudin for the future for sure

5) maybe Abu Hider

6) not necessary

7) Das, Nurul, Anamul

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 12:35 PM
Also what happened to Abu rony? He got dropped after 2/3 matches. Double standard

Kohli_Sox
June 15, 2017, 12:36 PM
For the next world cup we should look at Saifuddin our ans to Stokes

simon
June 15, 2017, 12:36 PM
10+ years and we r still searching for a quality opener who can match Tamim or even better, we r still searching for a number 3.
I still hve faith in SS but he needs to figure it out how to be consistent.

NoName
June 15, 2017, 12:37 PM
10+ years and we r still searching for a quality opener who can match Tamim or even better, we r still searching for a number 3.
I still hve faith in SS but he needs to figure it out how to be consistent.

Lmao imagine the state we will be in when Tamim retires

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 12:44 PM
We will have have 10 years left before tamim hangs up the boots.

Can't believe that we haven't had a suitable partner for tamim for a while. I thought Anamul was successful partner for Tamim. The guy had temparement to bat for long, good hand eye coordination though poor footwork. Also he was good player of spin, our openers don't even know how to play spin at times.

patriot
June 15, 2017, 12:45 PM
After Tamim, mushy, shakib and Riyad retires, there is every chance we will become Kenya 2.0.

I have zero faith in BCB or our domestic system to produce any players even half as good as the above four.

Shadow
June 15, 2017, 01:06 PM
We will have have 10 years left before tamim hangs up the boots.

Can't believe that we haven't had a suitable partner for tamim for a while. I thought Anamul was successful partner for Tamim. The guy had temparement to bat for long, good hand eye coordination though poor footwork. Also he was good player of spin, our openers don't even know how to play spin at times.

Anamul already had 3 centuries in his 27 innings, so he can play long innings. The issue with him was strike rate which is why people favored Soumya over him. Soumya has to be more consistent, it's been a while since he scored any big innings. At this moment, he is playing the same role as Luke Ronchi for New Zealand which is not working at all.

MHRAM
June 15, 2017, 01:21 PM
After Tamim, mushy, shakib and Riyad retires, there is every chance we will become Kenya 2.0.

I have zero faith in BCB or our domestic system to produce any players even half as good as the above four.

TBH while they were talented it took them years to become quality except for Shakib. Tamim always had potential. Riad came good 8 years after debut and Mushy came good 7 years after debut.

Its time to reward domestic performers like Anamul, Shanto, Mehedi, Shanto, Nafees if needed

BengaliPagol
June 16, 2017, 08:12 AM
Harsh on mossa tbh. He aint meant to be a lower order bat. He is a top 5 batsman. Its like wen shakib bats at 7 for KKR and bd fans scream our heads off saying why is he batting there. Id only drop mossa if he gets to bat in top 5 and gets a decent amount of chances and then fails.

WarWolf
June 16, 2017, 10:01 AM
Harsh on mossa tbh. He aint meant to be a lower order bat. He is a top 5 batsman. Its like wen shakib bats at 7 for KKR and bd fans scream our heads off saying why is he batting there. Id only drop mossa if he gets to bat in top 5 and gets a decent amount of chances and then fails.
Top post. 👍

5tonne
June 16, 2017, 12:50 PM
I don't think Nafees should be brought back in. I don't trust our domestics. Pretty sure he would still play like a crazy bull and get out after smashing couple of quick boundaries. How old is he anyway?

Fahim
June 16, 2017, 02:23 PM
shahriar nafees is only and simply and just a minnow basher, so bun this guy

kalpurush
June 16, 2017, 03:21 PM
shahriar nafees is only and simply and just a minnow basher, so bun this guy

Didn't he had a ton against the Aussies!?

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 07:00 AM
Look at Fakhar Zaman, 4th international match, scored 2 50s and followed it up with a hundred in Final of an ICC event!

Scored as many centuries as Soumya, Sabbir, Mosaddek combined.

simon
June 18, 2017, 07:03 AM
Look at Fakhar Zaman, 4th international match, scored 2 50s and followed it up with a hundred in Final of an ICC event!

Scored as many centuries as Soumya, Sabbir, Mosaddek combined.

Don't you know tht every Pak player look world class on debut ? Lol