PDA

View Full Version : Bangaldeshi fans, who are you supporting for the finals between India and Pakistan ?

Fan4mAssam
June 14, 2017, 12:32 PM
Now that Pakistan is in final, Please tell us who would you support in the final and why in case Bangladesh​ doesn't make it to the final.

Shaan
June 14, 2017, 12:43 PM
depends how badly we beat india or we get beaten by india!!

5tonne
June 14, 2017, 12:45 PM
I think this thread should be locked until the second semifinal is completed but the thread should be on display to show others how arrogant the thread opener is.

SH Anik
June 14, 2017, 12:48 PM
The fact that a guy from Assam(India) has the dare to open a thread in a Bangladeshi Cricket Forum about no not the possibility of Ind vs Pak final.. but.. directly asking whome shall we support between India and Pakistan in the final.. without considering that Bangladesh may also can be the winners in the semi finals.. is enough reason for me to support....
...... Pakistan in the Final of ICC Champions Trophy 2017 if Bangladesh is ruled out..

5tonne
June 14, 2017, 12:52 PM
enough reason for me to support....
...... Pakistan in the Final of ICC Champions Trophy 2017...

I would believe you if you said 'enough reason not to support India' but you just used an excuse to show your well-known love for Pakistan.

Nafi
June 14, 2017, 12:54 PM
Neither. Id like to see some good cricket.

Roy_1
June 14, 2017, 12:56 PM
The fact that a guy from Assam(India) has the dare to open a thread in a Bangladeshi Cricket Forum about no not the possibility of Ind vs Pak final.. but.. directly asking whome shall we support between India and Pakistan in the final.. without considering that Bangladesh may also can be the winners in the semi finals.. is enough reason for me to support....
...... Pakistan in the Final of ICC Champions Trophy 2017 if Bangladesh is ruled out..

If you did not have comprehension issues you would have understood this bit as well

"in case Bangladesh​ doesn't make it to the final"

5tonne
June 14, 2017, 01:00 PM
^What a timely thread!

Fan4mAssam
June 14, 2017, 01:01 PM

You missed my post, where I said "in case Bangladesh doesn't make it to the final" which means I believe that Bangladesh can make it to the final, in which case it's obvious that you guys will support Bangladesh and hence this poll is invalid.

If you choose to selectively ignore part of post, I can't help it.

Night_wolf
June 14, 2017, 01:02 PM
If Pak vs Ind is the final that means BD lost the semi..in this situation I support taking a small brake from cricket untill the next BD series. Pak or Ind whoever wins, good for them

nsuRocks
June 14, 2017, 01:27 PM
wont even watch the match.

godzilla
June 14, 2017, 01:38 PM
I usually support India if BD is not playing, hence India if that does happen.

Bat&Ball
June 14, 2017, 01:49 PM
You missed my post, where I said "in case Bangladesh doesn't make it to the final" which means I believe that Bangladesh can make it to the final, in which case it's obvious that you guys will support Bangladesh and hence this poll is invalid.

If you choose to selectively ignore part of post, I can't help it.

No issues with the question you posed, but would probably have been better to post after tomorrow's match.

Normally for me, Bangladesh 1st, England 2nd, the rest don't matter, so this is a difficult one.

India - have a soft spot for them for many reasons, one of which is the culture and tradition we share.

Pakistan - The religion we share and that is the ONLY reason.

So most probabaly India.

But hopefully Bangladesh will win tomorrow, in which case who will you support, Bangladesh or Pakistan?

mufi_02
June 14, 2017, 01:50 PM
neither...

I will spend my weekend doing something useful.

simon
June 14, 2017, 01:53 PM
May be Bharot

Fan4mAssam
June 14, 2017, 02:06 PM
No issues with the question you posed, but would probably have been better to post after tomorrow's match.

Normally for me, Bangladesh 1st, England 2nd, the rest don't matter, so this is a difficult one.

India - have a soft spot for them for many reasons, one of which is the culture and tradition we share.

Pakistan - The religion we share and that is the ONLY reason.

So most probabaly India.

But hopefully Bangladesh will win tomorrow, in which case who will you support, Bangladesh or Pakistan?

If it's between Pakistan and Bangladesh, my choice is simple. Will support Bangladesh.

patriot
June 14, 2017, 02:18 PM
Pakistan this time. Just to see the reaction of Sehwag and Harbhanan chucker singh.

Eclipse
June 14, 2017, 03:39 PM
Now that Pakistan is in final, Please tell us who would you support in the final and why in case Bangladesh​ doesn't make it to the final.

Of course India.

Eclipse
June 14, 2017, 03:41 PM
Usually I support minnows but sadly I'll have to make an exception this time around.

simon
June 14, 2017, 04:23 PM
Easy question for Eclipse and Anik :D

Nafi
June 14, 2017, 04:25 PM
Of course India.

No surprise there.

roman
June 14, 2017, 04:27 PM

Yup..

I dont watch cricket unless BD is playing. Be it a practice match or World cup final.

Eclipse
June 14, 2017, 04:43 PM

He he :D

Eclipse
June 14, 2017, 04:45 PM
Yup..

I dont watch cricket unless BD is playing. Be it a practice match or World cup final.

Not even India-pak match bhai?

roman
June 14, 2017, 04:47 PM
Not even India-pak match bhai?

Na bhai. Used to count days for these 2 teams to play, not anymore. Getting old perhaps

adamnsu
June 14, 2017, 05:17 PM
Neither.

Kohli_Sox
June 14, 2017, 05:37 PM
And they say Bangladeshi fans are arrogant. Its everywhere that Indians are salivating over a india pakistan final lol and india didnt even qualify for final yet. What a bunch of jokers

Yameen
June 14, 2017, 05:56 PM
I'd support India.

But ofcourse Bangladesh are going to be there 😁

bujhee kom
June 14, 2017, 05:57 PM
May Allah forgive me for saying this on this beautiful month of Ramadan...Because? Allah the Almighty gave me this instinct in me when I was born in my mothers (RIP) womb...

Any given day, I support (and I stare at) whichever team looks fine and good...I love a team that looks good, like a woman from Harlem!

tanvir_nus
June 14, 2017, 06:00 PM
If we dont go through it will be heartbreaking for me personally. So probably will watch the highlights and support whichever teams play the more attacking brand of cricket.

icricket
June 14, 2017, 10:20 PM
Let us not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?

I find the timing of this thread extremely distasteful, and a hint of arrogance even with the "in case" part on the opening post.
And I'm going to report it, and request the mods to lock it till the semi-finals are over.

Also, I'm rating the thread as terrible.

aklemalp
June 14, 2017, 10:25 PM
Celebrating before the fact.

Wait until the second semifinal is over nah mon, ease up with the boy who cried wolf.

Bide yah time bredren

Jadukor
June 14, 2017, 10:43 PM
Once the semi final is over we can return to this discussion

rizaldy
June 15, 2017, 02:03 PM
First of all, I would like to acknowledge that Bangaldeshi fans have been tremendous supporters of Cricket who have always supported good contests between India and Pakistan.

Now since Bangaldesh team is out after a great display , who would you be supporting to lift the cup on coming Sunday?

India or Pakistan.

Ahsan
June 15, 2017, 02:14 PM
Srilanka...oops, SL not playing in final! Then...Djokovic.

roman
June 15, 2017, 02:19 PM
Will not watch. CT has ended for me

Shaan
June 15, 2017, 02:35 PM
I want to see better contest, despite our team failed to reach final. Hopefully not one sided game. I hope the best team win the game, and for me India is the team deserves to win. But can they keep winning streak persist in the final?

rizaldy
June 15, 2017, 02:44 PM
Srilanka...oops, SL not playing in final! Then...Djokovic.

This is a serious thread to know the interest and fan support in Bangaldesh.

Please don't post troll comments If you aren't interested.

rizaldy
June 15, 2017, 02:45 PM
I want to see better contest, despite our team failed to reach final. Hopefully not one sided game. I hope the best team win the game, and for me India is the team deserves to win. But can they keep winning streak persist in the final?

Good reply, so basically you are hoping for a good exciting contest.

Respect.

Ahsan
June 15, 2017, 02:57 PM
have you heard of the word grieving? I have no idea what team you support, but this is a Bangladesh cricket fans forum, and Bangladesh happens to be knocked out miserably just few hours ago! And you came here asking in BD fan's forum about a final still couple days away. You could not even wait a day to open such thread. Who is trolling again?!

This is a serious thread to know the interest and fan support in Bangaldesh.

Please don't post troll comments If you aren't interested.

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 04:28 PM
Who are you backing and predicting to win?

Pak - bowling has been terrific last 3 games which got them into the final when no one gave them a chance. Hassan Ali leading the way, reversing and moving the ball really well. Their bowling combination has very good variety. But their batting is suspect, although they eased to a win against England last match with the bat. Their batting needs to fire as well as the bowling for the final.

Ind - has excellent batting, good bowling, fielding is very good too. However batting first seems to be one of their weakness. They love bowling first, and chasing and on these flat wickets their batsmen are too good at times.

So Pak has to win the toss and field, if to have a really good chance to win.

PS:
I'm going for the underdogs here. Pakistan to win.

aklemalp
June 15, 2017, 04:37 PM
For the umpteenth time, there's a thread asking the same question as you are...

Let the game play...

My name is Singh, but I have Pakistani cousins, I love them...

So I wish both teams well.

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 04:38 PM
BTW. This question is asked at Bdeshi fans and neutrals. (Obviously)

Nasif
June 15, 2017, 05:03 PM
Logically we shouldn't support any team that is close to our ranking points. If Pak wins they will get lot of points. From that perspective if India wins, it benefits us.

Mas_UK25
June 15, 2017, 05:45 PM
^. If Pak play well and win, good on em even if it means they get ranking points. Rankings changes often. We cannot keep relying on others to fail in order for us to stay above them or get to somewhere!

tanvir_nus
June 16, 2017, 12:35 AM
Won't even watch the match

tanvir_nus
June 16, 2017, 12:36 AM
Why is there another thread saying the same thing. For most of the Bangladeshis, the CT has already ended. Who cares who is playing the finals. Time to look forward to the SA series now. Oh wait, before that it's Aussie time right? That should be a mouth watering contest.

Fan4mAssam
June 16, 2017, 05:18 AM
Who are you backing and predicting to win?

Pak - bowling has been terrific last 3 games which got them into the final when no one gave them a chance. Hassan Ali leading the way, reversing and moving the ball really well. Their bowling combination has very good variety. But their batting is suspect, although they eased to a win against England last match with the bat. Their batting needs to fire as well as the bowling for the final.

Ind - has excellent batting, good bowling, fielding is very good too. However batting first seems to be one of their weakness. They love bowling first, and chasing and on these flat wickets their batsmen are too good at times.

So Pak has to win the toss and field, if to have a really good chance to win.

PS:
I'm going for the underdogs here. Pakistan to win.

Right, if India is forced to bat first, there would be a contest, otherwise it will be a one sided match again.

Sylheti_Beta
June 16, 2017, 07:32 AM
India; consistent and professional as a team; may win. Hope its a good game.

I am visiting London for the finals, I was positive BD would get through and even had my buddy buy tickets and took time out from work/life for this. But alas :(

My buddy who also hails from BD(Sylhet) still insists that I go and watch the game. I really don't know if I would like to watch it, lets see how it goes.

Vepu
June 16, 2017, 11:23 AM
I will support India. hoping for an exciting final

5tonne
June 16, 2017, 12:18 PM
Couldn't care less. Won't watch the match. I haven't watched an India-Pakistan match in last 10 years. Too much hype not much quality.

Shingara
June 16, 2017, 01:31 PM
No one.

Roy_1
June 16, 2017, 02:03 PM
With due respect to all the posters who simultaneously opened the same thread, this type of threads are nothing but cringefest

Yankees
June 17, 2017, 08:35 AM
My name is Singh, but I have Pakistani cousins, I love them...

So I wish both teams well.

I didn't know you were a Singh. I just assumed you must have had bengali ancestry since you support BD team. FYI, there are Singhs in Pakistan as well, and in Afghanistan too.

tejkuni
June 17, 2017, 08:46 AM
Logically we shouldn't support any team that is close to our ranking points. If Pak wins they will get lot of points. From that perspective if India wins, it benefits us.

I will support India mainly for this reason. I do not want Pakistan to go above Bangladesh in ranking.

Yankees
June 17, 2017, 08:56 AM
This is worse than having to choose between The Cavs and the Warriors. Actually this is just like the NBA finals for me.

India is like the Warriors. The most annoying fan base in the world that think they've invented the sport. A team full of really talented players who are hard to root for because of their arrogance (curry/kohli).

Pak is just like the Cavs. Yet another terrible fan base, but with much trouble at home. Once an industrious land, its streets are now reduced to chaos, violence, and suffering. And that's just Cleveland lol. But Hasan Ali is definitely the Lebron of this tournament.

India makes it really hard to root for them. But I can never, ever, root for Pakistan. So India it is, but I'm really hoping for rain to win this one.

Tausif
June 17, 2017, 10:28 AM
India. Pakistan is too close to our ranking points and the more they lose, the better for us.

Roey Haque
June 17, 2017, 10:49 AM
This is worse than having to choose between The Cavs and the Warriors. Actually this is just like the NBA finals for me.

India is like the Warriors. The most annoying fan base in the world that think they've invented the sport. A team full of really talented players who are hard to root for because of their arrogance (curry/kohli).

Pak is just like the Cavs. Yet another terrible fan base, but with much trouble at home. Once an industrious land, its streets are now reduced to chaos, violence, and suffering. And that's just Cleveland lol. But Hasan Ali is definitely the Lebron of this tournament.

India makes it really hard to root for them. But I can never, ever, root for Pakistan. So India it is, but I'm really hoping for rain to win this one.

Curry Kohli comparison I get.

But to call Hasan Ali Lebron James?:lol: I don't think Hasan Ali will ever get a better compliment than this. Cleveland is nice city now btw,a very happening downtown. And even with its own share of problems, it is still a thousand times better than any Pakistani third world hell hole you can point on the map. But I do love the attempt to compare basketball and cricket. I was thinking of writing a piece, 11 NBA stars who would make it to a cricket XI.

aklemalp
June 17, 2017, 10:55 AM
I didn't know you were a Singh. I just assumed you must have had bengali ancestry since you support BD team. FYI, there are Singhs in Pakistan as well, and in Afghanistan too.

Yeah, I have bits of Punjab in me,...I'm more Sri Lankan looking...

My doppelganger is Kumar Sangakkara.

Shubho
June 17, 2017, 11:07 AM

Yup. This just about sums it up.

aklemalp
June 17, 2017, 11:10 AM
The band wagoners team.

For BD to hold on to their 6th spot...india have to beat Pakistan.

zman
June 17, 2017, 08:51 PM
What's with all the hate for Curry and the Warriors? Owner Joe Lacob is a douche bag and made idiotic comments last year, but Steph shouldn't be blamed for that! He's one of the most unselfish superstars in the league. The only other humble superstar is probably Kawhi. Steph has been making less than what Phil pays Joakim Noah, which is unthinkable, and this allowed the Warriors to keep the team intact the last few years. They built the team the right way by making smart decisions with their draft picks. KD is really the first big superstar they added in free agency. They've put in place the most unselfish, efficient, beautiful system in the league and every game they play is a pleasure to watch.

Anher
June 17, 2017, 08:52 PM
not watching but hope India win when the question is between India vs Pakistan.

iDumb
June 17, 2017, 10:29 PM
i rather watch paint dry than this bore-fest match between a has been rivalry...

Pakistan does not belong here. Neither did Bangladesh in semi.

ReZ_1
June 18, 2017, 01:52 AM
Rain. I want none of the teams to win

Eclipse
June 18, 2017, 02:04 AM
Rain. I want none of the teams to win

LOL why? I'm eagerly waiting for today's match. Even during BD's match I don't get this much excited. India - Pakistan match is something else.

the_realist
June 18, 2017, 06:48 AM
I hate both the countries and teams. These two countries have mistreated us and still do. I'd have liked this match to be washed out. I'm very disappointed that Bangladesh lost the way they did against India. Pakistan, mind you not a better team than ours, is performing much better against the same team. Bangladesh should be ashamed of themselves for giving away that match against India.

ReZ_1
June 18, 2017, 07:00 AM
LOL why? I'm eagerly waiting for today's match. Even during BD's match I don't get this much excited. India - Pakistan match is something else.

Because I love both the teams:big_hug: Can`t take the loss of any of my teams..

btw it makes sense why pak-Ind game excites you more than Bd`s match.. I Hope and wish that your team pakistan will eventually come good and win this game thrashing your all time enemy India.. :up:

trixta2108
June 18, 2017, 09:51 AM
The amount of sour grapes in this thread is laughable, it's pretty clear why BD fans have such bad reputation.

I for one will stand up to say credit to both teams where it is due and best of luck to both our fellow subcontinental teams to win the CT 2017.

Night_wolf
June 18, 2017, 10:00 AM

I am sure you are hoping for a rain NR now