PDA

View Full Version : Mother of all the battles, ICC-CT Final, Ind vs Pak

Roy_1
June 18, 2017, 04:11 AM
India chasing 😂

Shadow
June 18, 2017, 04:41 AM
Very good pitch to bat on. It's the right decision to bowl first.

Nafi
June 18, 2017, 05:01 AM
Flukey innings batsmen should have been out 8 times by now. Pak got to to finals by fluke and now their luck continues.

Pakman
June 18, 2017, 05:24 AM
Flukey innings batsmen should have been out 8 times by now. Pak got to to finals by fluke and now their luck continues.
Pakistan batting has always been like this. It was our bowling that got us into finals.

koushik
June 18, 2017, 05:27 AM
so many run out chances missed.luck with Pakistan
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 05:43 AM
Excellent start by Pakistan. Good going. Need a big score.

ReZ_1
June 18, 2017, 06:06 AM
If this is mother then what is the father?

Pakman
June 18, 2017, 06:08 AM
Excellent start by Pakistan. Good going. Need a big score.
Thats exactly what we needed, runs & wickets in hand...
These two needs to stick there till may be 40th over and should project their partnership to 200+ just like shakib & mahmudullah and only and only then we can be able to win the match. Anything under 320 is difficult to defend against strong indian batting.

Pakman
June 18, 2017, 06:09 AM
If this is mother then what is the father?
she is a single mother :D

simon
June 18, 2017, 06:24 AM
Wondering when will Fakhar and Hassan Ali's honeymoon will be over ? 😋
Kudos to them though.

shahid ali
June 18, 2017, 06:26 AM
Pakistani batsmen toying with great Indian bowlers..

simon
June 18, 2017, 06:30 AM
This is just unbelievable from Pak
The way they kept improving from match 1.

shahid ali
June 18, 2017, 07:19 AM
IPL heroes become zero against non IPL players..

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 07:35 AM
i remember India chased down 340 against Pakistan with Umar Gul in the squad in Dhaka. Anything is possible, though 350 would be a very competitive total tonight

simon
June 18, 2017, 07:38 AM
i remember India chased down 340 against Pakistan with Umar Gul in the squad in Dhaka. Anything is possible, though 350 would be a very competitive total tonight

Pak bowling has been brilliant this tournament
On a final match this will be tough if Pak get 330+

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 07:38 AM
Only if Tamim and Mushy didn't throw their wicket last week, our score line could be quite similar to this one in Edgbaston

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 07:40 AM
Pakistan making a mistake by not sending Sarfaraz

simon
June 18, 2017, 07:40 AM
Only if Tamim and Mushy didn't throw their wicket last week, our score line could be quite similar to this one in Edgbaston

Ganguly just said that BD made mistake by trying to hit Jadav instead of milking his overs that Pak doing.

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 08:17 AM
Worse match thread ever for a match of a major final. No year which is played in, nor the name of the location and no details on team sheets.

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 08:20 AM
Brilliant knock by Zaman. Brilliant innings, but I think they could've got 350 Imad Wasim played poorly in the end couldn't get ball away, batted like a hack. Sarfraz should've come up!

Anyway. Pakistan bowling has been excellent last 3 matches.

Runs on the board in the FINAL, Can they defend it? Will find out!

DinRaat.
June 18, 2017, 08:29 AM
Worse match thread ever for a match of a major final. No year which is played in, nor the name of the location and no details on team sheets.

I had a permutations test, sorry that I could'nt do it.

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 08:32 AM
I had a permutations test, sorry that I could'nt do it.

Not your fault. The one opened it. Any indo pak fans here could've made a better effort, surely.

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 08:34 AM
Anyone else getting the feeling of the Asia Cup 2012 in Bangladesh. Ind v Pak match?

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 08:48 AM
Rohit Sharma - hero one day, zero next day.

Nafi
June 18, 2017, 08:49 AM
Thats the kind of bowling we expect from mustafizur.

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 08:53 AM
Pakistan!!! Got this

Sharmar. And Kohli out!!!

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 08:53 AM
So, Tamim finished the tournament ahead of Rohit's tally

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 08:54 AM
It's Md Amir all over India. This guy is on steroid

ReZ_1
June 18, 2017, 08:56 AM
India lost the game already..
Pak will be all over Ind in social media..

simon
June 18, 2017, 08:59 AM
Pakistan at it's best alright.
Wonder how Indian cricketers will be received :lol:

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 09:01 AM
Dhawan need to score a double hundred to pull this off. Not that he cannot do it. He got a legendary record in Champions Trophy

revolver
June 18, 2017, 09:04 AM
Fakhar. What a great find

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 09:07 AM
India should mull over their bowling strength before boasting for no. 1 rank

mij
Our bowling attack was poorest of all. Thats the difference between our team and other teams in this tournament.

Shadow
And someone would argue this is the result of collectively anti jinxing Pakistan over online platform. Though such things never exist.

zman
June 18, 2017, 09:09 AM
Don't know how in the world Pak scored such a massive total but watching the first five overs of Indian batting the result is a foregone conclusion. Only question is what will be the margin of the defeat for India

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 09:13 AM
If they win, would it be a bigger upset for Pakistan than Imrans World Cup triumph?

22Yards
June 18, 2017, 09:18 AM
Pakistan has turned up today to win it . Just goes to show if your will power is high and you are confident, nothing is impossible. Yes skillfully india is better than most teams but they are not invincible.

Jadukor
June 18, 2017, 09:24 AM
How many bowlers can get Kohli out twice in two balls? Amir is freakishly talented. Extraordinary that even after 5 yrs ban he is still this good

WarWolf
June 18, 2017, 09:24 AM
Pakistan is on the way of destroying India.

Jadukor
June 18, 2017, 09:25 AM
I wouldnt write off the Indian batting just yet. Still very good players left.

Bonglababu
Deja Vu

Shadow
Very good bowling on flat deck.

Jadukor
June 18, 2017, 09:26 AM
As i type Dhawan is gone to Amir too. Now this is tough for India. They need a partnership like we did vs NZ

bolero
June 18, 2017, 09:28 AM
Pakistan will win this easily. Congrats. Inspired bowling performance by Amir.

mufi_02
Pakistan has turned up today to win it . Just goes to show if your will power is high and you are confident, nothing is impossible. Yes skillfully india is better than most teams but they are not invincible.

Exactly. It's all about self belief.
Too bad after 10 years of intl cricket, our players still thinks we aren't mentally strong.

Jadukor
Sharma Kohli Dhawan.. our bowling lineup wasnt able to get all 3 out in 50 overs

bolero
June 18, 2017, 09:32 AM
TBH India made selection blunders. Mohd Shami or Yadav should have been picked instead of Ashwin.

bolero
June 18, 2017, 09:35 AM
India is already embracing other sports badminton hockey and now football in a big way. A loss for Indian team will encourage shift to other sports. In fact at one point Bangladesh football team was better than the Indian football team, they were very good.

zman
June 18, 2017, 09:46 AM
Will India cross 100?

simon
June 18, 2017, 09:48 AM
Sharma Kohli Dhawan.. our bowling lineup wasnt be able to get all 3 out in 50 overs

330+ was always going to be challenging against Amir,Hassan

Dhoni gone, this is another one sided match with Pak as winner, incredible.

zman
June 18, 2017, 09:49 AM
Really disappointed with India's performance today. They let Pak overtake us in rankings.

Shubho
June 18, 2017, 09:50 AM
Really disappointed with India's performance today. They let Pak overtake us in rankings.

No, we let Pakmystan overtake us in the rankings by losing to India.

simon
June 18, 2017, 09:51 AM

lol true

simon
June 18, 2017, 09:53 AM
what a dream come true tournament this has been for Pak fans,unbelievable turnaround after match 1.

22Yards
June 18, 2017, 09:55 AM

Exactly.

Nafi
June 18, 2017, 09:56 AM
This same pakistan team would get whitewashed again by us in Mirpur. This is hilarious.

But yeh we need to organise some more home series to get our ranking back up.

Night_wolf
June 18, 2017, 09:57 AM
What a performance from pak, hats off

zman
June 18, 2017, 09:57 AM
Agree...if we scored anything above 310 pressure on the Indian batsmen would've been immense and all on a sudden our bowlers would've looked world class too.

Yankees
June 18, 2017, 10:08 AM
Waiting for Mushy to post "happiness is this..." :lol::lol::lol:

simon
June 18, 2017, 10:09 AM
tough day for Eclipse dada

zman
June 18, 2017, 10:12 AM
Waiting for Mushy to post "happiness is this..." :lol::lol::lol:

:floor:

NoName
June 18, 2017, 10:15 AM
Pretty embarrassing way to lose

shahid ali
June 18, 2017, 10:15 AM
no.8 rank team .. ranking ??

RealSports
June 18, 2017, 10:16 AM
I hope Bangladesh players and management learns that runs are very important. Our bowling attack lacks pace, so it's important we can rack up runs on the board. Our batsman need to learn to constantly aim for scores in excess of 300 whether posting or chasing. Chasing anything over 6 runs-per-over is pressure for any side since batsman have to take risks. Anything below, it gives the batsman the time to settle, and take it easy, and before you know it – the game is already over like in that semi-final.

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 10:16 AM
tough day for Eclipse dada

He hasn't hardly posted since. Shows something

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 10:19 AM
no.8 rank team .. ranking ??

Enjoy your moment. Throughly deserved it. But remain humble too. You have had 3great wins and now final looks like easy win too. But leading upto the CT you were worthy of number 8th ranking in ODI's. And that's no denying. That was then and this is now... but don't try make it sound you never was number 8 because of the good wins recently ..

Again. Enjoy the win (which looks like). Am sure most that was neutral wanted Pak to win like myself as Ind have won the Indo pak games easily last ten years. Now the old rivalry will get a life back into it!

zman
June 18, 2017, 10:29 AM
I hope Bangladesh players and management learns that runs are very important. Our bowling attack lacks pace, so it's important we can rack up runs on the board. Our batsman need to learn to constantly aim for scores in excess of 300 whether posting or chasing. Chasing anything over 6 runs-per-over is pressure for any side since batsman have to take risks. Anything below, it gives the batsman the time to settle, and take it easy, and before you know it – the game is already over like in that semi-final.
We need to sort out our 2 and 3 spots. We talk about Sabbir's failures but Soumya has also been a huge disappointment for some time now. Since the end of SA tour of BD, he's avg'ed a paltry 20 in ODI's over a period of almost two years. I was glad to see him score back to back 50's recently, after which I thought he had finally broken out of the slump, instead he went back to scoring in single digits again. These are not good signs. We need to bring in folks like Shanto, Anamul, Litton, Mominul in the mix and try different options to address this.

Roy_1
June 18, 2017, 10:29 AM
Amazing performance from Pakistan, destroyed our batting with ease, congratulations to them in advance, gutted as an Indian fan, bad bad day for us, didn't really see this coming.

tiger1000
June 18, 2017, 10:30 AM
Well bowled by Amir and Shadab... The two clean actioned bowlers

Yankees
June 18, 2017, 10:32 AM
Amazing performance from Pakistan, destroyed our batting with ease, congratulations to them in advance, gutted as an Indian fan, bad bad day for us, didn't really see this coming.

Don't be gutted yet. Pandya in T20 mode.

zman
June 18, 2017, 10:36 AM
there goes India's last hope of making it a "shommanjonok porajoy" (honorable defeat)

Yankees
June 18, 2017, 10:38 AM
Don't be gutted yet. Pandya in T20 mode.

Spoke too soon. Looks like I just jinxed Pandya.

zman
June 18, 2017, 10:43 AM
alright I'm gonna make myself scarce before Malik Bro gets here

Shaan
June 18, 2017, 10:57 AM
where is Austin and his crappy class ??

Habib
June 18, 2017, 10:57 AM
Congrats Pakistan. Awesome performance. Deserved it 100%.

Shaan
June 18, 2017, 10:59 AM
Arrogancy has limit but these bunch of people when making mockery others and underestimating others they deserved this in the slap of their face, Austin boy just never ever talk about class, your team looked in this match as if they didn't have any class, looked like gali-mahalla team.

Shaan
June 18, 2017, 11:01 AM
Congrats to champion Pakistan, they show what they are made of, all these grandson-grandpa crappy talk really did a favor to team pakistan. I guess grandpa has turned really into age now!! hahaha !!

tiger1000
June 18, 2017, 11:05 AM
Well deserved, excellent performance

SH Anik
June 18, 2017, 11:07 AM
Congrats Pakistan

SportingBD
June 18, 2017, 12:25 PM
Have become a fan of Fakhar. Looks a solid player. Excellent temperament shown today.

Just exactly what our Soumya is missing.. when things get harder.. you dig in and soak the pressure..

simon
June 18, 2017, 12:27 PM
Have become a fan of Fakhar. Looks a solid player. Excellent temperament shown today.

Just exactly what our Soumya is missing.. when things get harder.. you dig in and soak the pressure..
Too early to say.
Lets see how guys like Fakhar and Hasssan perform in future.
Personally I dont see Fakhar to become a special player.
Guys like Umar Akmal, Shehzad looked more skilled than this guy.

SportingBD
June 18, 2017, 12:29 PM
Too early to say.
Lets see how guys like Fakhar and Hasssan perform in future.
Personally I dont see Fakhar to become a special player.
Guys like Umar Akmal, Shehzad looked more skilled than this guy.

Temperament and the fighting spirit is soo important for players..

Akmal doesn't have it.. to consistently perform.. but Fakhar seems to have it.

Lets see how they go.. Hasan Ali looks solid though.

simon
June 18, 2017, 12:37 PM
Temperament and the fighting spirit is soo important for players..

Akmal doesn't have it.. to consistently perform.. but Fakhar seems to have it.

Lets see how they go.. Hasan Ali looks solid though.

Every Pak player looks solid on debut but later on suffers from inconsistency, so let's see.

R0ssei
June 18, 2017, 12:58 PM
Didn't PAK come to CT as no. 8 team? A slap to "ICC Elites", I like that.

Congrats to Pakistani team for becoming 2017 ICC CT Champion.

icricket
June 18, 2017, 04:11 PM
Congrats PAK. :)

The thread title though is toooooooooooooo dramatic without any real substance in the OP. Roy bro, you should invest more time and be creative next time if you decide to open a match thread on bc.

Pakman
June 18, 2017, 06:04 PM
Enjoy your moment. Throughly deserved it. But remain humble too. You have had 3great wins and now final looks like easy win too. But leading upto the CT you were worthy of number 8th ranking in ODI's. And that's no denying. That was then and this is now... but don't try make it sound you never was number 8 because of the good wins recently ..

Again. Enjoy the win (which looks like). Am sure most that was neutral wanted Pak to win like myself as Ind have won the Indo pak games easily last ten years. Now the old rivalry will get a life back into it!
Spot on Mas_uk...you are right. I hope this victory doesnt get over to our heads. I hope we take this victory as a great motivation to lift our current young team.

We are still in the process of building up the team. After departure of younis, misbah & afridi we will soon gonna see Hafeez, malik making their adieu pretty soon. They are both 35+ so they may have like 1 or 2 years left maybe. Sarfraz & Azhar are also in their 30s so their time is also short.

Usually in most of the tours & tournaments pcb has always overlooked the inclusion of young players as of what i remember. They most of the time spend their time in bench waiting for the senior players to retire. And by the time when they get them selves admitted to team they also turns old. Misbah was prime example, he was included into the team by the time when he was like 33.

I appreciate the effort by selectors that this time they gave so many young players chance in such a big tournament and especially after a disastrous start. I hope this continues and pcb brings in more young players.

I was happy to see teams like , srilanka & pakistan which were labelled as low ranked teams, defied what people were expecting out from them and stunned top ranked teams. That too also because of the young players.

And yes we shouldnt take pride in our victory and shouldnt be discouraged with defeats either. The only difference between top great teams & mediocre teams is that the great teams dont just settle down after winning one or two matches they keep on building their team. They get motivation from their victories & lesson from their defeats while mediocre teams takes pride in their victories & brag about it & when they defeat they gets frustrated.

Pakman
June 18, 2017, 06:12 PM
Your team won last tournament & were runner ups in this tournament so Congrats to you too....Apart from this match, india played exceptionally great through out the tournament.

Pakman
June 18, 2017, 06:29 PM
Didn't PAK come to CT as no. 8 team? A slap to "ICC Elites", I like that.

Congrats to Pakistani team for becoming 2017 ICC CT Champion.
Yes thats not good for the elites. But its good for the cricket because low ranked teams winning matches against top ranked teams might give a strong message to icc that their is so much cricket passion in those teams which they are planning to suffocate.

If icc somehow reconsider their structure and brings in more teams in tournaments that might be good for cricket altogether.

MalikBro
June 18, 2017, 06:30 PM
Your team won last tournament & were runner ups in this tournament so Congrats to you too....Apart from this match, india played exceptionally great through out the tournament.

To be honest, the moment India won the toss, i knew Pakistan was gonna lose. Roy is rightly to be gutted because India have strong batting line. But they were due for one poor game which ended up in blessing in disguise for Pakistan.

Pakistan has been lucky that the resource of India team has been exhausted before the final which helped Pakistan secure the final easily.

Commiseration, Roy. You already have Champion Trophy, plus great team to enjoy continuing dominating. Don't feel gutted. Pakistan desperately needed this to revive the dying cricket in Pakistan.

Pakman
June 18, 2017, 06:30 PM
Well deserved, excellent performance
Thanks man :)

Eclipse
June 18, 2017, 11:35 PM
Have been saying this for quite sometime now that India is too top heavy and their loi team is nowhere near as good as some of their fans or media like to portray them.

Indian team is filled with deadwoods and they truly deserved such result for being too defensive with their selection. Players like UV, DHONI, ASHWIN and JADEJA has no place in the loi side and their clueless selectors still selected them. I'm glad that they have finally got their well deserved lesson.

India got good starts from their openers throughout the tournament but sadly the horror of losing early wickets have finally come to haunt India in the all important final.

Eclipse
June 18, 2017, 11:42 PM

Nope, don't think fakhar will have a very bright future. He takes way too much risk. It's good that it came off yesterday. Actually it came off throughout the tournament but his luck won't be always with him and he'll look like a clueless tail ender when his luck won't be with him anymore.

He's like our sabbir or soumya, who plays high risk cricket. When they r in form they make batting look ridiculously simple.

aklemalp
June 19, 2017, 04:29 PM
Missed most of the match...when I did tuned in, it was all but over.

Hardik is a special player...

Congrats to Pakistan, totally blew India away.