PDA

View Full Version : Players claiming that we had a very successful tournament

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 07:14 AM
https://www.facebook.com/Rubel.Cricketer/photos/a.806121806100404.1073741828.805125379533380/1399054046807174/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/MosaddekOfficial/photos/a.690879450930270.1073741828.690448164306732/1574890199195853/?type=3&theater

Just a couple of posts where our players mentioned that it was a "successful tourney".

Like what? Seriously? Its great to be in the semi-finals but no it was not a very successful tournament. We were substandard, we took only 12 wickets in the entire tournament, our batting lacked firepower and collapsed during crunch moments.

Our practice match perforamnces were woeful as well. Losing a match after scoring 341 and being bundled out for 84.

The thing is, if you standards are so low how can we go far? We need to accept that we have so much more to improve upon.

the_realist
June 18, 2017, 07:19 AM
Yes, it's embarrassing. We only 1 match out of 4. We shouldn't have been playing the semis we lost against Australia. The way England and India hammered us, we should hide our heads in shame.

simon
June 18, 2017, 07:24 AM
They did not say "very" why do u exaggerrate ?

@the_realist , why should we be ashamed ?

Nafi
June 18, 2017, 07:26 AM
Stop mentioning practice matches, they were completely meaningless

the_realist
June 18, 2017, 07:29 AM

@the_realist , why should we be ashamed ?
After playing 30 years of ODI cricket, we shouldn't be celebrating merely winning 1 match in 4.

On top of that, we only picked up 12 wickets in 4 matches, lost by 8 wickets and 9 wickets respectively to England and India. Moreover, India had 12 overs to spare. In a tournament filled with 300+ scores, we managed to get out at 182 and only scored one 300+ score.

Apart from the fluke win against New Zealand, we were utterly poor. Hence, we should be ashamed.

simon
June 18, 2017, 07:31 AM
After playing 30 years of ODI cricket, we shouldn't be celebrating merely winning 1 match in 4.

On top of that, we only picked up 12 wickets in 4 matches, lost by 8 wickets and 9 wickets respectively to England and India. Moreover, India had 12 overs to spare. In a tournament filled with 300+ scores, we managed to get out at 182 and only scored one 300+ score.

Apart from the fluke win against New Zealand, we were utterly poor. Hence, we should be ashamed.
Apni money hoy khub beshi lajuk.
Olpotey lojjay matha nichu hoy

the_realist
June 18, 2017, 07:34 AM
Apni money hoy khub beshi lajuk.
Olpotey lojjay matha nichu hoy
Lajuk hoi r jaa hoi...Varot Pakistan tournament jite r amra nakani chubani khai...eshob mene newa jaina...na jitle eto taka diye tader k khelanor maanei hoina...

DinRaat.
June 18, 2017, 07:51 AM
Played 301 matches won, just 101 lost 214, let that sink in.That is not the W/R of a good team.

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 08:18 AM
?

"Very" or not you could feel that they were very much satisfied and ready to simple walk away with 1 win in 4 matches

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 08:23 AM
'easily satisfied mentally' - that's what it is. Such weakness needs to go!

Shameful to think it was "successful" tourney :facepalm:

patriot
June 18, 2017, 08:28 AM
I doubt Rubel and Mosaddek manage their own FB profile pages. So i wouldnt take this too seriously.

RealSports
June 18, 2017, 08:39 AM
ODI Cricket between 86-99 don't count since Bangladesh barely played much Cricket. Technically, 17 years, and counting...

simon
June 18, 2017, 08:52 AM
"Very" or not you could feel that they were very much satisfied and ready to simple walk away with 1 win in 4 matches

don't u think u r generalizing because it's just Rubel & Mosad.
If Sakib,Tamim,Mushy considers it to be a successful tour then that would be disappointng.
Anyway,I think we are looking too much into it, personally I won't call this a disappointing tour because I did not expect us to beat any of the 3 teams.

mij
June 18, 2017, 09:05 AM
Players claiming that we had a very successful tournament

That's the reason why we didn't progress any further in the tournament.

Not hungry enough to continue.

the_realist
June 18, 2017, 09:09 AM
If Sakib,Tamim,Mushy considers it to be a successful tour then that would be disappointng.
Anyway,I think we are looking too much into it, personally I won't call this a disappointing tour because I did not expect us to beat any of the 3 teams.
May be you didn't, but we should expect, especially when you see a Pakistan team doing so well. We should be targeting ourselves to be at the least better than the likes of Pakistan & Sri Lanka. When they do well, we should be disappointed at not emulating or surpassing their success rate. Without setting the bar high, we will remain as mediocre as ever.

revolver
June 18, 2017, 09:14 AM
We had a terrible campaign

WarWolf
June 18, 2017, 09:18 AM
Sudden we are acting like we are one of the top 3 teams in the world.

The reality is we barely started to win regularly in ODI. It will take some time to have a good balanced team.

Having a reasonable expectation is the imoportant here. It is true that we have to set our ceiling high. At the same time, we must understand that nothing changes overnight.

Bonglababu
June 18, 2017, 09:20 AM
This is called vicious cycle of mediocrity which is (sadly) ingrained in our players psyche. I don't really blame them, it is the hallmark of our whole nation

simon
June 18, 2017, 09:26 AM
May be you didn't, but we should expect, especially when you see a Pakistan team doing so well. We should be targeting ourselves to be at the least better than the likes of Pakistan & Sri Lanka. When they do well, we should be disappointed at not emulating or surpassing their success rate. Without setting the bar high, we will remain as mediocre as ever.

You are right about setting the bar high.
We were in a very tough group, just look at the teams, Eng,Aus,NZ and then Ind.
What PAk is doing is incredible, only Pak can do that after a horrible defeat against Ind.
The difference between us and Pak or even Sril is that these teams have many trophies and memories of beating big teams than us, so whenever they are in that groove they will be better than us regardless of the ranking.

22Yards
June 18, 2017, 09:32 AM
Sudden we are acting like we are one of the top 3 teams in the world.

The reality is we barely started to win regularly in ODI. It will take some time to have a good balanced team.

Having a reasonable expectation is the imoportant here. It is true that we have to set our ceiling high. At the same time, we must understand that nothing changes overnight.
Losing is not the issue. It's how you lose. We did not play like a team that has been improving. The win against NZ was nothing short of magical and even in that match,collectively, we played poorly.
No, it was high time to show the world this team that has climbed up to no 6 is not here to mess around. It is not over expectation. Today , looking at Pakistan is making me more mad. They have really made use of their 'lucky' final and turned up today to win it. In what ways is this current team of ours not par with his current pakistan lineup ?

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 09:35 AM

No one said it was absolutely disappointing.

Yes we won 1 match, but in the other matches were absolutely outclassed. Our batting choked at crucial moments, our bowling was just, well gun barrel straight. Reality is that overall our performance was really poor.

We need to raise the bar. We can't be happy with 1 good match and 3 absolute pawnage.

Rifat_02
June 18, 2017, 09:38 AM
Disappointing tournament when you consider the bar we set in last few years. We should have done more in the other matches .

But in the overall context of Bangladesh cricket this was a successful tournament. We were not playing in the 2013 edition even.

I just hope the players are determined to make the 2019 World Cup a more memorable one

simon
June 18, 2017, 09:39 AM
Losing is not the issue. It's how you lose. We did not play like a team that has been improving. The win against NZ was nothing short of magical and even in that match,collectively, we played poorly.
No, it was high time to show the world this team that has climbed up to no 6 is not here to mess around. It is not over expectation. Today , looking at Pakistan is making me more mad. They have really made use of their 'lucky' final and turned up today to win it. In what ways is this current team of ours not par with his current pakistan lineup ?

some fans like u expect too much from a 6th ranked team.
Look at what happened to South Africa or Aus, they are ranked 1 & 3 respectively.
We beat NZ which is a higher ranked team.
This was the 1st ICC champ trophy for most of our players but we made it to the semi, why are u so mad? Pak are doing exceptionally well mainly because they are a good bowling side, credit to them.

mij
June 18, 2017, 09:42 AM
OK we did really well, well done Mustafiz 1 wicket in 4 match. :facepalm:

simon
June 18, 2017, 09:44 AM
No one said it was absolutely disappointing.

Yes we won 1 match, but in the other matches were absolutely outclassed. Our batting choked at crucial moments, our bowling was just, well gun barrel straight. Reality is that overall our performance was really poor.

We need to raise the bar. We can't be happy with 1 good match and 3 absolute pawnage.

what can u expect when 2/3 of our batsmen are not doing anything at all.
Mustafiz going wicketlesss.
Our young players were just not at their best, had this been the team of 2015 then it would have been a better show.

22Yards
June 18, 2017, 09:51 AM
some fans like u expect too much from a 6th ranked team.
Look at what happened to South Africa or Aus, they are ranked 1 & 3 respectively.
We beat NZ which is a higher ranked team.
This was the 1st ICC champ trophy for most of our players but we made it to the semi, why are u so mad? Pak are doing exceptionally well mainly because they are a good bowling side, credit to them.
Pakistan are ranked 8th yet that did not stop them to be the finalist and now to almost win the CT. Ranking really means little for the top 8 teams. Anybody can win in their day. Question is, do we feel we can win ?

How is CT different from playing any icc event or a WC? As far as I recall, the core players in this team played at least 2 WC before. If we don't do better in ICC events now, then when ? Are we waiting for tamim, shakib , mushy who are on their prime to retire ? Then fans like you will come up and say 'its only the first WC for the likes of shabbir and mosaddek, cut em some slack'. You want this vicious cycle to continue ?

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 09:54 AM
what can u expect when 2/3 of our batsmen are not doing anything at all.
Mustafiz going wicketlesss.
Our young players were just not at their best, had this been the team of 2015 then it would have been a better show.

You mentioned all of the reasons why I felt that our overall performance wasn't great.

Nafi
June 18, 2017, 10:02 AM
Look at all the performances of those losses. The bowling has been dreadfall, top order falling like a stack of cards. Big margins of defeats.

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 10:04 AM
Pakistan are ranked 8th yet that did not stop them to be the finalist and now to almost win the CT. Ranking really means little for the top 8 teams. Anybody can win in their day. Question is, do we feel we can win ?

How is CT different from playing any icc event or a WC? As far as I recall, the core players in this team played at least 2 WC before. If we don't do better in ICC events now, then when ? Are we waiting for tamim, shakib , mushy who are on their prime to retire ? Then fans like you will come up and say 'its only the first WC for the likes of shabbir and mosaddek, cut em some slack'. You want this vicious cycle to continue ?

Harsh but truth. We can't cut slack to the likes of Sabbir. This is Sabbir's 4th ICC event. Soumya's 3rd. Taskin's 4th. Rubel's 8th? Mosa and Miraz's first though I can give them some slack.

If someone plays his 3/4th event and we are going to accept them scoring at an average of 20-25 then we need to change our mentality.

Fakhar Zaman is playing his first tourney. Already among the highest run scorers despite missing a match. Hasan Ali is in posession of the golden ball

simon
June 18, 2017, 10:05 AM

I won't say that because next world cup won't be the 1st WC for Sabbir,Soumya.
you are too impatient, we made it to the semis and you are making it sound like we returned with nothing.
PAkistan is always a team of exception, the only thing consistent about them is their unpredictability.

mij
June 18, 2017, 10:12 AM

:up: Question is do we feel like winning and are we hungry enough to win ???

22Yards
June 18, 2017, 10:25 AM
you are too impatient, we made it to the semis and you are making it sound like we returned with nothing.PAkistan is always a team of exception, the only thing consistent about them is their unpredictability.

What exactly did they achieve besides a miraculous win against NZ ? We were in the semis due to luck and even for which we didn't make most of. Fact of the matter is we can now call ourselves semifinalist, but we did not play like one to get there. The only reason we made it was a combination of a bit of luck (rain) and some magic (shakib and mahmudullah partnership) and that's about it.

tiger1000
June 18, 2017, 10:26 AM
Yes, it's embarrassing. We only 1 match out of 4. We shouldn't have been playing the semis we lost against Australia. The way England and India hammered us, we should hide our heads in shame.

Well Australia would have lost to new zealand... They lost a point, but gained one vs new Zealand

The tournament winners, would have most likely been bowled out by South Africa if not for rain, but it is what it is

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 10:36 AM
you are too impatient, we made it to the semis and you are making it sound like we returned with nothing.
PAkistan is always a team of exception, the only thing consistent about them is their unpredictability.

The difference between BD and Pakistan is that Pakistan gave oppurtunity to performers. Those who performed in PSL, domestics. Thats how Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf made it to the team. Junaid Khan did well in BPL. Now he is in the Pakistan side.

Do you know what we did with Mehedi Maruf after his successful BPL? We didnt even pick him in our squad. Shahriar Nafees has been performing for years in domestics. What do we do? We give matches to Soumya Sabbir neither of who has the temperament to play tests, leave alone domestic performances to back their selection.

Al Amin averages below 20 in T20s and 16 in T20Is. He is no-where to be seen.

simon
June 18, 2017, 10:45 AM
The difference between BD and Pakistan is that Pakistan gave oppurtunity to performers. Those who performed in PSL, domestics. Thats how Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf made it to the team. Junaid Khan did well in BPL. Now he is in the Pakistan side.

Do you know what we did with Mehedi Maruf after his successful BPL? We didnt even pick him in our squad. Shahriar Nafees has been performing for years in domestics. What do we do? We give matches to Soumya Sabbir neither of who has the temperament to play tests, leave alone domestic performances to back their selection.

U r right, We did not go with an "inform" team.
our selection should include more inform players rather than players with reputation.

NoName
June 18, 2017, 10:52 AM
Yeh look at how Shehzad was dropped after the first match, but in our case our reserves in the squad were even worse

mij
June 18, 2017, 11:06 AM

what happen to Mehedi Maruf he should be replaced for SS soon as possible.

Roey Haque
June 18, 2017, 01:38 PM
Absolutely pathetic.

It's beginning to dawn on me now. The Bd cricket team is nothing more than a political sideshow. It's like how you have all the political ministries right? And no matter how much of a piss poor job they do for the public, they stuff it down your throats how they were totally great and nothing was wrong, and how they could not have done any better.

Well, this is that. A total sideshow run by the corrupt and incompetent BCB. 11 stooges who got the part in this play. And lead actor is the scotch tape captain whose story will inspire you, but won't help you defend 340 or get more than 84 runs.

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 04:46 PM
what happen to Mehedi Maruf he should be replaced for SS soon as possible.

Probably a good idea to play him in T20Is along with AH Rony
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

PoorFan
June 18, 2017, 05:20 PM
Idiots dont know the meaning of 'successful', dont even deserve further explanation why.
What you expect from those idiots when Bangla media also regard this tourney as 'successful'?

RealSports
June 18, 2017, 06:53 PM
Bangladesh senior players performed. Tamim, Mashrafe, Shakib, Mahmudullah and Rahim contributed in the matches played. It's the newer players who have let us down. We need to set-up A tours soon. We haven't seen any for a really long time now. Shabbir is a lower order batsman in ODIs, and should be sent back to his original position. I don't know what happened to Sarker, but he clearly has technical issues. Imrul and Sarker are fighting for their positions: Imrul seems favourite to me now in the main forms.

I would like to see Liton, Nasir and Hider part of the national set-up now. Liton at #3 in ODIs could be interesting now. He has been performing heavily in the Dhaka Premier League, and is too good for that now.

In the matches played throughout the tourney, we just made too many basic errors. In the first match against England, we were reckless in the last 10 overs when we were on course to scoring over 320. Tamim and Rahim should've just played sensibly till the 45th over. In the match against Australia, again, we were like 140-4 and then suddenly collapsed for 182 I think for playing recklessly. Same in the matches against New Zealand and India. Clearly, having Shabbir at #3 was a huge blunder. Mushfiqur or Mahmudullah should've played there.

Bowling attack is worrying. Walsh needs to go. Our bowling apart from the game against New Zealand was horrible.

Match Adda
June 18, 2017, 07:15 PM
Shame to you who said that ....
Shame to you for being idiots
Shame to you not watch ind vs Pak match
Shame to u for wasting vocabulary of success
Shame to us keep watching their game

Match Adda
June 18, 2017, 07:18 PM
Look at young Pakistan team , they did it ... their youth did it ... our aged was doing it , just little support from youth like somaya , sabbir , mustafiz, mosaddek, Miraz .... we would've been the champions, not Pakistan....
But congratulations to Pakistan demolish India .... what a shame defet India ... 180 lose will kill their momentum... now no one will think , India means everything....

zman
June 18, 2017, 07:57 PM
Bangladesh senior players performed. Tamim, Mashrafe, Shakib, Mahmudullah and Rahim contributed in the matches played. It's the newer players who have let us down. We need to set-up A tours soon. We haven't seen any for a really long time now. Shabbir is a lower order batsman in ODIs, and should be sent back to his original position. I don't know what happened to Sarker, but he clearly has technical issues. Imrul and Sarker are fighting for their positions: Imrul seems favourite to me now in the main forms.

I would like to see Liton, Nasir and Hider part of the national set-up now. Liton at #3 in ODIs could be interesting now. He has been performing heavily in the Dhaka Premier League, and is too good for that now.

In the matches played throughout the tourney, we just made too many basic errors. In the first match against England, we were reckless in the last 10 overs when we were on course to scoring over 320. Tamim and Rahim should've just played sensibly till the 45th over. In the match against Australia, again, we were like 140-4 and then suddenly collapsed for 182 I think for playing recklessly. Same in the matches against New Zealand and India. Clearly, having Shabbir at #3 was a huge blunder. Mushfiqur or Mahmudullah should've played there.

Bowling attack is worrying. Walsh needs to go. Our bowling apart from the game against New Zealand was horrible.
Agree. Our selectors have this utopian dream of finding a permanent 2 and 3 in the batting line up. It's a flawed approach, we've tried it for only 15+ years without any success. What we need to do is create a pool of players for 2 and 3 spots and select the ones that have demonstrated good form most recently. The pool would consist of players like Kayes, Soumya, Litton, Shanto, Anamul, Mominul and others. India did it for a while with Rohit and Rahane. Rohit used to get selected for home matches while Rahane was picked for overseas tours as his technique was better suited against the moving ball. Australia follows a similar strategy. Khawaja was recently dropped despite being in good form just because they thought Renshaw and Finch were in better form.

Sabbir and Soumya are better suited for the lower middle order. Sabbir has the technique of a slogger which is not a bad thing if he's playing in that position. Soumya would add more value as a slow medium pace all rounder in the limited over format. He still hasn't lost his touch in the longer format. If we keep playing them despite their poor form until all their confidence is lost only to throw them into eternal purgatory, how does it help the team or the player?

DinRaat.
June 18, 2017, 08:05 PM
If inconsistency is a art, Sarkar and Sabbir are the picasso of it.

DinRaat.
June 18, 2017, 08:12 PM
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d7acd07b1a776fecbcc83ad168751336-c

We can do the first part, but not the second.

Match Adda
June 19, 2017, 12:17 AM
After Walsh came, we lost the plot of pace attack...yes Walsh needs to go and bring heath strick back soon as possible... hired a spin coach asap as well.. Australia is coming.. need to get results in our favor by 2-0... if srilanka can , so do we..
Also our players need believe and play nerve less cricket

Rinathq
June 19, 2017, 03:06 AM
we are making issues out of nothing. If they feel accomplished then be it...
There is a reason why we performed the way we did. Out of the 9 teams, we play the least amount of games and more then that, we play the least amount of away games. The fact that we still beat one of the power houses who were clear favorites against us in England isnt bad at all.

Now the issue here is, who should be satisfied and who should just silently take a break and then hit the nets. It makes perfect sense for Tamim, Shakib, Riyad, Mash, Mushy that could take pride in the tournament because they have performed well and lived up to their expectations. But everyone else like Rubel, Mosaddek, Taskin shouldnt be making any posts. They should be disappointed for failing to help the seniors scrap another one or two wins.

Equinox
June 19, 2017, 03:20 AM
If after watching a team that we thrashed a couple of years ago, that was ranked number 8 heading into the tournament, a team that had their campaign interrupted by injuries and controversies, a team that doesn't have the privilege of playing home games, win the trophy, our players still feel that we had a successful tournament, especially after the way they surrendered in the knockout game, then I'm afraid that very little has changed. You can improve their fitness and technique as much as you want but the mentality has to change with it. It seems that the mentality is still stuck where it was a generation ago.

And even worse are the fans who defend anything and everything these players do and say. What is wrong is wrong. And we need to call it out so that it can be addressed and corrected. No one has anything personal against these players.

MHRAM
June 19, 2017, 04:18 AM
we are making issues out of nothing. If they feel accomplished then be it...
There is a reason why we performed the way we did. Out of the 9 teams, we play the least amount of games and more then that, we play the least amount of away games. The fact that we still beat one of the power houses who were clear favorites against us in England isnt bad at all.

Now the issue here is, who should be satisfied and who should just silently take a break and then hit the nets. It makes perfect sense for Tamim, Shakib, Riyad, Mash, Mushy that could take pride in the tournament because they have performed well and lived up to their expectations. But everyone else like Rubel, Mosaddek, Taskin shouldnt be making any posts. They should be disappointed for failing to help the seniors scrap another one or two wins.

And one more thing is we can't accept excuses like "this is how I play". This also applies to Shakib.

Our success in last two years is credited to some quality batsmanship and bowling. Tamim however, also played a huge role, scoring 5 centuries and plenty of 50s in ODIs. There were good performances in T20 and Tests too. He changed his approach according to the team's requirement.

We can't be happy with Sabbir dancing down the track and slogging despite coming at no. 3. He needs to get runs under his belt. Mosaddek from what I have seen is a clueless against pace. His technique is absolutely poor why else he has a grand total of 1 50 in ODIs so far. He can do well Subcontinent but everywhere else he is a walking wicket.

Roey Haque
June 19, 2017, 05:12 AM
It makes perfect sense for Tamim, Shakib, Riyad, Mash, Mushy that could take pride in the tournament because they have performed well and lived up to their expectations. But everyone else like Rubel, Mosaddek, Taskin shouldnt be making any posts. They should be disappointed for failing to help the seniors scrap another one or two wins.

Rubbish.

Only Tamim and Mushfiqur performed consistently and can hold their heads high.

What Mash, Mahmudullah and Shakib was sporadic at best. Hell, not even that, just one off flukes. The fact that anyone can be satisfied with that in 2017 is very alarming.

22Yards
June 19, 2017, 07:03 PM
Rubbish.

Only Tamim and Mushfiqur performed consistently and can hold their heads high.

What Mash, Mahmudullah and Shakib was sporadic at best. Hell, not even that, just one off flukes. The fact that anyone can be satisfied with that in 2017 is very alarming.

Did you just say those letters in the order i am seeing ?