PDA

View Full Version : Let's appreciate Mohammad Amir

Yankees
June 18, 2017, 10:23 AM
You can't help but admire this guy. Made a mistake, paid a hefty price, paid his debt to society, makes his comeback and now singlehandedly takes out the top 3 Indian batsmen (the same 3 that destroyed us in the semis).

He was a teenager when he match fixed. We all make mistakes as teenagers, but for most of us, it doesn't get dragged into the public arena. But everyone was calling for his head as though he had committed murder. Many of his own teammates refused to play with him. Opposition fans chant "no ball" at him. But he didn't let any of it get to him, focused on his game despite the 5 years away. Incredible determination! :notworthy:

tiger1000
June 18, 2017, 10:27 AM
His ban helped him, he was getting serious back issues, from being Overbowled at an early age, it was a blessing in disguise.

Top bowler, always was and will be

22Yards
June 18, 2017, 11:06 AM
It was funny how hafeez and mohammed amir was interveiwed together. Hafeez was the one who did not want to play on the same team as amir when he made his comeback.

simon
June 18, 2017, 12:24 PM
He plays with so much passion and self belief, just like Koheli, strong body language.

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 12:26 PM
Class bowler! With the new ball he is as good as anyone.

SportingBD
June 18, 2017, 12:27 PM
When I look at Amir, I think why can't Fizz be like him? makes me sad.

Amazing player - that talent is pure class..unsettles world class players with his swing and pace.

Bhorta
June 19, 2017, 02:50 AM
World's best bowler

aklemalp
June 19, 2017, 04:26 PM
His raw pace is deadly. He is a very smart bowler also.

roman
June 19, 2017, 04:58 PM
When I look at Amir, I think why can't Fizz be like him? makes me sad.

Amazing player - that talent is pure class..unsettles world class players with his swing and pace.

Also Taskin. Taskin just reminds me of Shahadat nowadays :facepalm:

R0ssei
June 21, 2017, 10:43 AM
When he came back, I thought he lost some aggression as a fast bowler. But PAK regarded him as their No.1 bowler all this time.

When you have both consistent pace and swing with easy run-up, and on top of that, some bowling brain - what more do you need to be a great?

Our bowlers:
Fizz: no pace now, no swing, some brain
Taskin: inconsistent pace, no swing, no brain at all
Rubel: pace, no swing, little or no brain
Mash: no pace, little swing, good brain

Yankees
June 21, 2017, 07:20 PM
Our bowlers:
Fizz: no pace now, no swing, some brain
Taskin: inconsistent pace, no swing, no brain at all
Rubel: pace, no swing, little or no brain
Mash: no pace, little swing, good brain

Fizz definitely has a brain. Give the kid a break. The only reason we are dissapointed is because he set the bar so damn high. He'll be back to 2015 Fizz sooner rather than later.