PDA

View Full Version : When I can see my team perform like this

mufi_02
June 18, 2017, 11:14 AM
Congratulations Pakistan! Thoroughly deserved it. What a performance!

Now makes me think, when can I see Bangladesh play like this? I had goosebumps just watching that Riyad/Shakib partnership. All of us in BC were also so ecstatic. Now imaginr winning 4 back to back matches and winning the CT.

These new players like F Zaman, Shadab Khan, Hassan Ali played less games than our Soumya, Shabbir, Taskin/Rubel/Fizz. Forget about our seniors.

So it hurts when Mash and Shakib says "we don't have experience in high pressure games". What experience do these Pak kids have?

And it frustrates when we see our players with 10+ years of experiences giving up so easily and be daunted by the "mighty" tag of India. See how Amir destroyed their mighty top order.

Congrats to Pak but I imagine if I or anyone at BC or Bangladesh will ever experience such a great display and win a major title.

Fahim
June 18, 2017, 11:19 AM
I have to admit I'm just feeling so jealous man. Wished taskin could have been our amir, fizz be our hassan Ali, mushfiq be our sarfaraz etc

Kingslayer
June 18, 2017, 11:20 AM
Hate to say it, but Pakistan has more talent than Bangladesh. Even after losing players to fixing and such, no home games, they can still churn out players like f fakhar and amir, players we can only dream of in our team. I don't know if it's their diet, physical stature or whatever, but our young guys look a class below

Fahim
June 18, 2017, 11:29 AM
It's not about talent I think both teams no doubt have talent. Its simply mentality. We bengalis generally have weak mentality in all walks of life in general!

naim519
June 18, 2017, 11:31 AM
yeah I'm crying too... Where is our Soumya???? Where is our Fizz when we needed him? We have more experienced players and unable to pull off a win? Sad day indeed

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 11:33 AM
Do you know the irony in Mash's comment?

We have players who has played in the 2007 WC. We are the 2nd most experienced side in this tournament after India.

It was first event for Miraz, Mosa and Sunzamul. Sabbir has played 4 tournament, Soumya 3, Rubel 8, Taskin 4. The reality is that if they don't perform now when will they? How many more oppurtunities are we going to give to players who don't perform?

We have BPL too.

We should give oppurtunity to cricketers who perform. International cricket is not a place for grooming cricketers, its for cricketers to perform.

What does Bangladesh do to performers? We dump them. Whom do we persist with? Non performers with flashy skills or good looks

DinRaat.
June 18, 2017, 11:34 AM
In the next 10-20 years

mufi_02
June 18, 2017, 11:35 AM
It's not about talent I think both teams no doubt have talent. Its simply mentality. We bengalis generally have weak mentality in all walks of life in general!

Agree with the last sentence. It's just weak mentality. We gave up before the match even started. Tamim said "if we think it's semi final, then we can't win. But if we think it's a regular match, then maybe we can"

I mean come on!! You have played for more than 10 years and in 3 WCs plus many other big tournaments. And you can't handle the pressure of a semi final?

Moh899
June 18, 2017, 11:36 AM
kisu bolar nai bhai..amra loosers forever! eita ajke beshi koshto lagtese karon paitaner moton dol champion hoiya gelo r amra akhono 1 ta match jita lafai! ssad sad sad

naim519
June 18, 2017, 11:40 AM
Hopefully it inspires our team!!!

Kingslayer
June 18, 2017, 11:41 AM

In my opinion, talent isn't just about how well you can hit the ball, hand eye coordination, etc. Strong mentality is also a talent.

Kingslayer
June 18, 2017, 11:44 AM
kisu bolar nai bhai..amra loosers forever! eita ajke beshi koshto lagtese karon paitaner moton dol champion hoiya gelo r amra akhono 1 ta match jita lafai! ssad sad sad

Pakistan thrashed every team bro. They are a champion team. Credit where it's due.

zman
June 18, 2017, 11:48 AM
There's a reason why they say cricket is a game of glorious uncertainty. One lucky break can easily change the fortune of a team. Rameez was asked before the start of the Indian innings what he thought was the biggest turning point of the tournament. His answer was Perera dropping the catch of Sarfraz in the match against SL. If he hadn't gotten the life, they replayed the drop a few times and it was a dolly, Pak would've been left with 2 tailenders to score the last 40 runs on a difficult pitch, which would've made it very unlikely and they would've left the tournament with a single win.

I didn't watch Pak batting today, but based on what they're saying Fakhar got quite a few lives including an early reprieve of a no ball off Bumrah today. If Bumrah didn't make that mistake and he got out early who knows how things would've transpired today.

What we can do is focus on what we can control, which is to have a good process in place, continue to improve the process, put our best foot forward every time we take the field and also hope that luck favors us. Right now our biggest weakness is 2 and 3 spots in the batting line up. IMO we should go with in form players instead of hoping Soumya or Sabbir will turn out to be our long term solutions there.

Night_wolf
June 18, 2017, 11:56 AM
I expect never

NoName
June 18, 2017, 12:10 PM
Amader ke diye hobe na

Mas_UK25
June 18, 2017, 12:19 PM
Maybe never! The easily satisfied mentality has to be gone miles away then might we see major goods coming from the bct.

simon
June 18, 2017, 12:35 PM
Since 2015 we have achieved many things that we could not before.
Like winning series against Pak,Ind,SA
Winning test vs Eng and Srl.
Recently beaten NZ team and reaching semis for the first time.
So I belive we can win some trophies or may be end up like SA,NZ,Eng which means no trophies only higher rankings.

Difference between Pak and BD is the mentality but that mentality comes from winning trophies like Pak did since 90s , this is where we are far behind.

tejkuni
June 18, 2017, 01:23 PM
...................... We bengalis generally have weak mentality in all walks of life in general!

All walks of life? Do you know it is the Bengalis (Isa Khan, Surja Sen, Khudiram,Titumir, Fakir Mojnu Shah,Pritilata, etc.), who started the independence war against British. It is the Bengali freedom fighters who gave their life to earn independence. On the other hand Punjabis, Ghurkha, etc. were basically paid soldiers of British army.

kalpurush
June 18, 2017, 04:00 PM
Congratulations Pakistan! Thoroughly deserved it. What a performance!

Now makes me think, when can I see Bangladesh play like this? I had goosebumps just watching that Riyad/Shakib partnership. All of us in BC were also so ecstatic. Now imaginr winning 4 back to back matches and winning the CT.

These new players like F Zaman, Shadab Khan, Hassan Ali played less games than our Soumya, Shabbir, Taskin/Rubel/Fizz. Forget about our seniors.

So it hurts when Mash and Shakib says "we don't have experience in high pressure games". What experience do these Pak kids have?

And it frustrates when we see our players with 10+ years of experiences giving up so easily and be daunted by the "mighty" tag of India. See how Amir destroyed their mighty top order.

Congrats to Pak but I imagine if I or anyone at BC or Bangladesh will ever experience such a great display and win a major title.

We are on the right track....if players and BCB keep working hard,the day will come... :)

icricket
June 18, 2017, 04:08 PM
Q. When I can see my team perform like this?

A. In reality, may never happen or may be jokhon buro hobo. Ei joubon shomoye mone hoyna dekhte parbo. That's why I see it in my dreams frequently. Tai jokhon shopner ghor kate, momtajer ganer moto "faitta jai, bukta faitta jai." :D

MHRAM
June 18, 2017, 04:44 PM
We are on the right track....if players and BCB keep working hard,the day will come... :)

No faith in BCB

When was the last time we had an A team or Academy team tour?

Our recent success is only because of key players hitting their peak and Fizz's mystery.

Fizz's mystery is no more a mystery and the peak of our players are going to be over after the 19 CWC.

Who will handle our team then? Sabbir? Soumya?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

iDumb
June 18, 2017, 09:37 PM
Wait till Tamim, mushfiq and shakib retires... Bangladesh will be below Afghanistan. ei mosaddek fosaddek diya kichui hobe na.

Bangladesh did well past couple of years on the back of few players...

hell just take out tamim and bd is a SHITT team.

DinRaat.
June 18, 2017, 10:36 PM
Mosaddek was so hyped up, to the extent, we considered him as one of the future stars. WELL GUESS WHAT!, his fatal flaw of pissing his pants against pace, will lead to his demise. Can`t play wide balls, wide yorkers, short balls or even full tosses to an extent. Needs to be dropped until he figures out his pace flaw out. Goes to show how our shitty management allowed a batsmen to face who can`t play pace into the team, in English Condition!!!!

DinRaat.
June 18, 2017, 10:41 PM
We are like parents, we overestimate our son(bangladesh team) to such an extent, that we believe that he can come first in the class and get Dux as well. But in reality he(bangladesh team), is near the bottom of class with all talk and no actions, and consistently blames others or fabricates excuses to justify bad marks(sh1tty performances)

Fahim
June 18, 2017, 11:17 PM
All walks of life? Do you know it is the Bengalis (Isa Khan, Surja Sen, Khudiram,Titumir, Fakir Mojnu Shah,Pritilata, etc.), who started the independence war against British. It is the Bengali freedom fighters who gave their life to earn independence. On the other hand Punjabis, Ghurkha, etc. were basically paid soldiers of British army.

Yes of course bro this cannot be argued with. Its something to be proud of. But these are mainly historical figures and the odd guys we can be happy with. I'm talking just in general, especially nowadays, that we bengalis just have no drive these days along with weak mentality. I know I am massively generalising lol but I'm sure u guys get my point 😁

Yankees
June 19, 2017, 08:41 AM

Absolutely right. It was in Chittagong that sparked the independence movement against Britain. Only Bengalis could have endured 1971. Which is why its so frustrating when our players act so pampered and weak. Giving up at the first sign of trouble.

roman
June 19, 2017, 09:26 AM
Our players are bunch of complacent folks with minimal intent to do better. How could they say that they had a good tournament is beyond my comprehension. In reality they were thrashed in each and every single game except the one against NZ. They were extremely lucky to play the semi, and personally I do not think we deserved that opportunity

We fans also need to stop treating them like the biggest thing that ever walked on the face of the earth. Stardom and money got into their heads. Had high hopes on Shabbir, Soumya, Mustafiz and taskin. Thought they could only get better. Unfortunately that wasnt the case

R0ssei
June 21, 2017, 01:34 PM
I beg to differ that BAN has similar sports talents like PAK. Truth is PAK had much more success in cricket, field hockey, squash, snooker, kabaddi and wrestling. Compared to that, we have nothing in world events.

Coming to cricket, PAK always produced raw talents, especially in bowling. What they lacked in was discipline, teamwork, leadership, coaching staff etc. etc. (almost anything you need for a team sports)

If we had talents like them, we would have seen them every now and then. In recent time, only exceptions are Fizz, Mominul and perhaps SS. If someone fails, we go back to bring old players. We don't suddenly see a pace demon or a natural swing bowler. We don't see a wrist-spinner. We don't see a class or dashing batsman. What we see are bunch of semi-talents who will likely to fail on int'l level.

Or we have talents, but no one is effectively and actively looking for them.

Roy_1
June 22, 2017, 06:34 AM
Ever heard of Lala Lajpat Rai, Bhagat Singh, Udham Singh, Sukhdev etc? People from every ethnicity fought against the British and people from all ethnic backgrounds served in the British Army, Nepalis by and large did not take part in the freedom movement because Nepal was never really a British colony.

Nationalism is fine but you don't have to belittle other's achievements to feel proud. Indian independence was the result of a collective effort, no one had monopoly in it, period.

moinul_huq
June 27, 2017, 10:10 AM
I have to admit I'm just feeling so jealous man. Wished taskin could have been our amir, fizz be our hassan Ali, mushfiq be our sarfaraz etc

Same. I am jealous - very jealous. They are a poor team but they rallied and won the whole thing. We hype our players to the moon but they fail each time. Then we get trolled by friends and on-line. I was making fun of Pk team with friends after game 1 v India - but had to eat pie after the final.

Our players are zeros.

Tigers_eye
June 28, 2017, 12:11 PM
Easy guys. Look at the history before jumping at the deep end. We have what 17-18 years of cricketing history. And WHAT a history we have.
1. Started with inferior talents of no name pace attack and a Mo Rafique. Batting side averaging teens.

2. So the next set of youth players were a breath of fresh air who averaged 20s. In came, JO, Rajin, and so many others with Jodi laigga jai Ash. It was still way below intl standard.

3. Then came a period, we chopped and changed players like underwears. 2 games, 5 games, and you are out. Anyone and everyone was on the chopping block EXCEPT the captain. That captaincy would save his job. The moment captaincy was taken away back to the chopping block. SA visited us twice. Both time Smith was the captain. After the second time thrashing us he said why we were failing. It was in the line of too much chopping and changing. The team SA faced in the first time visiting BD, none were there in the second time. He couldn't recognize anyone. Players need confidence and needs to know that mgmt will not chop them after one failure. THAT WAS THE LESSON.

4. That is why Siddons, sticked with Juniad. That is why Haturi is sticking with Sarkar. BCB is doing the unpopular thing of instant gratification crowd. Giving the reigns to the HC and not interfering much.

5. As a result, learning from the past, we have climbed up the ladder in rankings. Now people think twice before sending a team to BD. Australia has avoided once already. Pak don't want to tour nor they want to host us in UAE. Could we do better? May be. But understand this, it is a the process that gets you there. Not chopping and changing every opportunity one gets. This disturbs the chemistry of the team. The locker room becomes unstable . We have already been there before. Same thing going on with WI right at this moment.

Me take is, patience. Without patience, if you guys were the selectors instead of the armchair Captains we wouldn't be in the semis in the first place. RIyad wouldn't make the trip to England and Shakib wouldn't even play that game for most of you, who were ready to give him a good rest. Some even went after Mash and Tamim. Say, I am wrong? I dare you. I am good at digging up dead threads. :)

MHRAM
June 28, 2017, 03:51 PM
Easy guys. Look at the history before jumping at the deep end. We have what 17-18 years of cricketing history. And WHAT a history we have.
1. Started with inferior talents of no name pace attack and a Mo Rafique. Batting side averaging teens.

2. So the next set of youth players were a breath of fresh air who averaged 20s. In came, JO, Rajin, and so many others with Jodi laigga jai Ash. It was still way below intl standard.

3. Then came a period, we chopped and changed players like underwears. 2 games, 5 games, and you are out. Anyone and everyone was on the chopping block EXCEPT the captain. That captaincy would save his job. The moment captaincy was taken away back to the chopping block. SA visited us twice. Both time Smith was the captain. After the second time thrashing us he said why we were failing. It was in the line of too much chopping and changing. The team SA faced in the first time visiting BD, none were there in the second time. He couldn't recognize anyone. Players need confidence and needs to know that mgmt will not chop them after one failure. THAT WAS THE LESSON.

4. That is why Siddons, sticked with Juniad. That is why Haturi is sticking with Sarkar. BCB is doing the unpopular thing of instant gratification crowd. Giving the reigns to the HC and not interfering much.

5. As a result, learning from the past, we have climbed up the ladder in rankings. Now people think twice before sending a team to BD. Australia has avoided once already. Pak don't want to tour nor they want to host us in UAE. Could we do better? May be. But understand this, it is a the process that gets you there. Not chopping and changing every opportunity one gets. This disturbs the chemistry of the team. The locker room becomes unstable . We have already been there before. Same thing going on with WI right at this moment.

Me take is, patience. Without patience, if you guys were the selectors instead of the armchair Captains we wouldn't be in the semis in the first place. RIyad wouldn't make the trip to England and Shakib wouldn't even play that game for most of you, who were ready to give him a good rest. Some even went after Mash and Tamim. Say, I am wrong? I dare you. I am good at digging up dead threads. :)

It's good to persist with players but to a limit.

Can we persist with a batsman who averages 26 in modern day cricket, someone who keeps on failing when there is a bit of pressure.

Patience is needed but if you don't have ability you will not ever be of use.

The question the coaches have to tell themselves: is he worth it?

Believe me look at Pakistan who experienced with youths and they did so well.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

kalpurush
June 28, 2017, 04:19 PM

This.

There is a reason why tigers_eye is Tigers_eye. Top post by a veteran cricket pundit. :notworthy:

tejkuni
June 28, 2017, 07:18 PM
Ever heard of Lala Lajpat Rai, Bhagat Singh, Udham Singh, Sukhdev etc? People from every ethnicity fought against the British and people from all ethnic backgrounds served in the British Army, Nepalis by and large did not take part in the freedom movement because Nepal was never really a British colony.

Nationalism is fine but you don't have to belittle other's achievements to feel proud. Indian independence was the result of a collective effort, no one had monopoly in it, period.

I agree with you that we don't have to belittle other's achievements to feel proud. I do not think that I tried to do that in my post. I said the Bengali's STARTED the anti British movement and it is well documented. We all know there are contributions from other ethnicity also (Tilak brothers, and many more).
I was trying to answer to some my FELLOW Bengali, who think that we are mentally weak. One of the most common example people usually give (in many published material and meetings you will find this) is: British did not recruit Bengali in British Army because they were of weak mentality. By giving the examples freedom fighters and Surya Sen, I was trying to explain that it is not true. During Pakistan era (1947-1971) same reasons were given by the Pakistani leaders. Only 10% of erstwhile Pakistan Army were Bengali (please read autobiography of ex-Pakistani President Ayub Khan's "Friend, not Master").

So instead of belittle others, I was trying to convince a portion of my fellow people not to belittle themselves.

( If you want to discuss more, we can go to the forget cricket section)

aklemalp
June 28, 2017, 07:21 PM
^^ please do, open a thread :)

Mods, please don't ban me...

Roy_1
June 29, 2017, 04:42 AM
I agree with you that we don't have to belittle other's achievements to feel proud. I do not think that I tried to do that in my post. I said the Bengali's STARTED the anti British movement and it is well documented. We all know there are contributions from other ethnicity also (Tilak brothers, and many more).
I was trying to answer to some my FELLOW Bengali, who think that we are mentally weak. One of the most common example people usually give (in many published material and meetings you will find this) is: British did not recruit Bengali in British Army because they were of weak mentality. By giving the examples freedom fighters and Surya Sen, I was trying to explain that it is not true. During Pakistan era (1947-1971) same reasons were given by the Pakistani leaders. Only 10% of erstwhile Pakistan Army were Bengali (please read autobiography of ex-Pakistani President Ayub Khan's "Friend, not Master").

So instead of belittle others, I was trying to convince a portion of my fellow people not to belittle themselves.

( If you want to discuss more, we can go to the forget cricket section)

Thanks for the detailed reply mate, I now completely understand where you are coming from and agree with you as well, that Martial race concept was an absolute BS.