PDA

View Full Version : When will mash retire?

Eclipse
June 19, 2017, 05:27 AM
Title says it all. A simple but very, very important question. When is mash going to announce his retirement?

This is a perfect moment for Mash to hang up his boots and focus on his personal life/family. Yes, Bangladesh team was extremely lucky to reach the semifinal but we can't ignore the fact that we have played our very first semifinal in a major ICC tournament under the leadership of mash.

There's no doubt this semifinal has added another milestone in his long illustrious career. Shouldn't he take this as an opportunity and retire with grace?

jeesh
June 19, 2017, 05:34 AM
Very sensitive topic-i bet. For fans, for players, for coaching staff, for board.

But i do agree with you Eclipse on this. We will miss Mash's leadership. And right now he seems to be the only decent bowler in the team. He has done fairly well last few years, despite being the weakest bowler on paper. And who the next captain will be/should be is another dilemma? Riyad, Shakib all have ups and downs. Mushfiq in no way should be captain. Tamim despite his improvement, is very much untested.

But the sooner he retires, sooner we can start planning for next WC.

Mash quiting will allow us two things:

1) Nurture Saifuddin for the pace bowling all rounder role
2) Pick Miraz at 8, and have three pacers.

Gowza
June 19, 2017, 05:40 AM
Leadership will be missed but think it's important for saifuddin and hider rony to get experience.

Eclipse
June 19, 2017, 05:42 AM
But the sooner he retires, sooner we can start planning for next WC.

Mash quiting will allow us two things:

1) Nurture Saifuddin for the pace bowling all rounder role
2) Pick Miraz at 8, and have three pacers.

Excellent point. New captain needs to be given a fair amount of time to prepare himself before the all important world cup.

jeesh
June 19, 2017, 05:47 AM
And i hope the board funds Mash's coaching qualifications, and get him to work as a bowling coach for Under 19 team, or even NCA or HP. Even with this battered body, the way he bowled against India when all others were getting massacred, shows the experience, and knowledge he has.

Our young kids in age group level could benefit from his knowledge.

MHRAM
June 19, 2017, 06:03 AM
I don't think he should continue playing till the next world cup. Maybe the SA ODIs will be the perfect time

He already retired from T20s so ODI retirement isn't too far off given we have completed a moderate CT and world cup is coming up and we need to groom players for it

Doubt that mash will remain fit by then.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eclipse
June 19, 2017, 06:32 AM
Mash didn't retire on his own from t20s. He was literally forced to retire from t20. God knows what will be his decision this time around.

But, historically Subcontinental players r known for their selfish nature and they unnecessarily prolong their by thinking that they will get better.

Many greats did similar things in the past, mash did it in t20. Let's see what he does now.

MHRAM
June 19, 2017, 06:50 AM
Mash wasn't forced. I am sure of it. We had no T20s for a long period
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Rana Melb
June 19, 2017, 07:01 AM
He will retire after wc 19. Im sure