PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Woes Case Solved!

Roey Haque
June 19, 2017, 02:10 PM
Eng- Only real senior in team- Eoin Morgan- 11 years playing ODI

Ban- seniors in team- Mashrafe- 16 years playing ODI
Mushfiq- 11 years playing ODI
Tamim- 10 years playing ODI
Mahmadullah- 10 years playing ODI
Shakib- 11 years playing ODI (will be first ballot hall of famer)

Aus- No one with 10 years of ODI experience in team

NZ- Only real senior in team- Ross Taylor- 11 years playing ODI

SA- seniors in team- JP Duminy- 13 years playing ODI
AB DeVilliers- 12 years playing ODI (will be first ballot hall of famer)

SL- seniors in team- Upul Tharanga- 12 years playing ODI
Lasith Malinga- 13 years playing ODI(will be first ballot hall of famer)

Pak- seniors in team- Md Hafeez- 14 years playing ODI
Shoaib Malik- 18 years playing ODI

Ind-seniors in team- Rohit Sharma- 10 years playing ODI
MS Dhoni- 13 years playing ODI (will be first ballot hall of famer)
Yuvraj Singh- 17 years playing ODI

You have been told repeatedly by the media that having seniors is a good thing. You have been told lies. Yes, having seniors is good when those seniors go on to have hall of fame careers. But when they hog up a space in the XI and go on to have average careers, they hurt your team's balance and legacy. You have been told by the media that there are untouchables in the team who we cannot replace. Only because we look to replace them with teenagers!!!! Like most other teams these days, if we wait till the guy is at least 22 and proven in domestics, then we shall see the fruition. Instead, we bring in teenagers, and give them a place in the XI for life, no matter how the begin their career. Usually it's pretty bad, but then we wait and wait and once they become the least bit good, we gloat. And of course they return to their inconsistent ways once more. And then we say, they are now untouchables because they have got too much experience under the belt. You see how it works?

Let us admit it folks, our so called "golden generation" has been a myth. If you bought into the 5 pillars story(read scam), I sincerely feel sorry for you. No team keeps more than 2 or 3 seniors in ODI squad, if they do, at least one of them is a hall of famer.

Granted we have one HOFer in Shakib Al Hassan. So we may tag Tamim and Mushfiq(ONLY AS A BATSMAN with him) or Mahmadullah, and adopt an Indian strategy, 3 seniors and one future HOFer. But even that will be too much, as India is the only side with 3 seniors.

But what about the other two passengers? It is high time Mash retires, and Mahmudullah or Mushfiq's spot be given to someone else.

Yankees
June 19, 2017, 07:51 PM
The problem isn't having senior players. The problem is that we pick the seniors even when they don't perform. Other countries pick players based on merit, and it just so happens to be 2-3 seniors. Even in India's case, Yuvraj was dropped and had to work to get back on the team. Bangladesh, on the other hand, has made it very clear that our 5 seniors are untouchable.

If 5 spots are already taken, that leaves 6 spots for youngsters. And with no A tours, those youngsters have no chance to showcase their talent and get better, so than we are forced to keep relying on our 5 seniors because "there's no one to replace them." But theres no one to replace them because we don't give them any chances. And it just becomes a vicious cycle. Like a monster that eats its own sh*t.

NoName
June 19, 2017, 08:32 PM
Kinda hard to drop seniors when we have youngsters that have been playing for a couple of years now and are still awful.

We are going to have a Lanka situation when all our seniors retire in quick succession, I also don't see Soumya and Sabbir still playing in the team at the rate they're going and take up the mantle.

Jadukor
June 19, 2017, 08:32 PM
The young players are the ones that did absolutely nothing in Champions Trophy. We should actually drop the young players and pick more senior guys. #casereopened

NoName
June 19, 2017, 08:39 PM
Time to take a look at youngsters that have been dropped in the past. Players like Nasir and Anamul deserve another shot to see if they worked on your short-comings and evolve to be better players than what they were before. At least Nasir had more feats than w/e Sabbir has done so far in his career.

zman
June 19, 2017, 08:44 PM
The young players are the ones that did absolutely nothing in Champions Trophy. We should actually drop the young players and pick more senior guys. #casereopened
:floor: this is too funny

Tausif
June 19, 2017, 10:22 PM

Agree with this. It's not like the youngsters are lighting up the scene to force the seniors out.

Rinathq
June 20, 2017, 12:17 AM
agreed with this!
This should be our team,

Soumya
Anamul
Mominul (C)
Shanto
Liton (wk)
Afeef
Mosaddek
Miraz
Saifuddin
Taskin
Abu Hider

whens our next series against Qatar? Should be a cracker!

Jadukor
June 20, 2017, 12:38 AM
agreed with this!
This should be our team,

Soumya
Anamul
Mominul (C)
Shanto
Liton (wk)
Afeef
Mosaddek
Miraz
Saifuddin
Taskin
Abu Hider

After one series to teach these players a "lesson" we should drop 5 of them and pick Pinak, Saif, Sharif, Faisal and Mashraif's kid for more youth injection.

DinRaat.
June 20, 2017, 12:44 AM
agreed with this!
This should be our team,

Soumya
Anamul
Mominul (C)
Shanto
Liton (wk)
Afeef
Mosaddek
Miraz
Saifuddin
Taskin
Abu Hider

My Club team can beat that team you just posted, and I play for Bankstown cricket club(1st XI)

Roey Haque
June 20, 2017, 06:28 AM
Most of you guys have missed the point. It's not about youngsters coming in. Like I said, I am against bringing someone in so young and keeping them in the team for the next 10 plus years. I want people with enough domestic experience under their belt, reach the age of at least 22, and then be introduced to the side.

You have given a free pass to 5 guys to stay in the team for as long as they desire. This sort of thing doesn't happen with most modern ODI teams. They are bringing in guys, evaluating them, and only retaining the services of those who are performing. 5 pillars cannot be the benchmark. You have bought the golden generation myth so hard, that you cannot see straight.

Good luck in world cup 2019 with this average squad lead by the scotch tape captain, by that time he will become the wheel chair captain.

Ahsan
June 21, 2017, 11:58 PM
I find this part very distasteful! I wish moderator will redact this part from the post (including the quote in mine)!

lead by the scotch tape captain, by that time he will become the wheel chair captain.

RazabQ
June 22, 2017, 01:24 PM
Kinda mean spirited but hardly inaccurate.

R0ssei
June 22, 2017, 01:45 PM

lool

Yeah, bring back Athar Ali from commentary. We need a pace allrounder.
Akram Khan for hard hitting.
Ash just voy dekhaite...:D

Max100
June 23, 2017, 01:16 AM
Very mean spirited post.

What's wrong with seniors? They are the pillar of the team. Again how old is our seniors in the team?

Max100
June 23, 2017, 01:18 AM
Wrong thread at wrong time. We just played semis and mostly because of this 5

godzilla
June 23, 2017, 11:04 AM
We all watched the CT, we all saw who performed. None of the youngsters stepped up. We can't drop them, not just yet. Every single match, one of the seniors are performing

MHRAM
June 24, 2017, 02:52 AM
These people performed because they are hard working groups of individual.

Soumya Sabbir Mosaddek has shown some severe flaws. They lack confidence. Soumya with his feet not moving and poking at the ball time to time. Sabbir can't score 20+ often and Mosaddek has such a horror technique against pace, even tail enders bat with better technique
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Rifat
June 24, 2017, 11:32 PM
Mosaddek Hossain is a genuine talent who deserves a proper run at number 3. He is a waste down the order.

Sabbir should stay at #7.

Soumya is doing o.k. if he continues this way then Kayes can return.

Gowza
June 24, 2017, 11:49 PM
Going to say it again, try soumya down the order with sabbir, bring liton back for another run but as opener and put shanto at 3 to groom him for that number 3 spot for the WC.

zman
June 25, 2017, 12:40 AM
I agree with the part that preference should be given to players who have been lighting up the domestic league for a good 3-4 years instead of those with little experience just because they pass the eye test and look like the next Virat. If we're lucky we should be able to find a couple of players who will be able to translate their domestic success on to the international arena, which means in the best case scenario they'll come close to what our seniors have done in the last 2-3 years.

How good have our seniors been off late? Since the beginning of 2015 we played about 40 ODI's. In those matches Tamim avg'ed 52, Mushy 45, Riyad 42, Shakib 36. Without the seniors in the side we will be able to compete with Qatar until the sanctions against them are lifted.

Rifat
June 25, 2017, 12:56 AM
After one series to teach these players a "lesson" we should drop 5 of them and pick Pinak, Saif, Sharif, Faisal and Mashraif's kid for more youth injection.

Now that's another good talent. I know you meant sarcasm :)

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2017, 10:29 AM
Baash ta diye'i dei. Tel makhai raksi

If performance is the criteria:
Champions Trophy Performers:

Tamim 293 runs with 73 avg
Shakib 168 runs with 42 avg
Mushfiq 163 runs with 40 avg
Riyad 137 runs with 68 avg

Champions trophy Failures:

Boss, the x factor, the WOW SR, Eid day destroyer Sarkar 34 runs with 8.5 avg
Bigger boss, oozing talent, the next big thing, ghola ghola chokh, the future king, the current prince Sabbir 59 runs with 14 avg

Hobay hobay Mosaddek 24 runs with 24 avg YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS over 20 avg
Miraz 14 runs with 14 avg (Better than Shakib already)

"Please kick out the seniors, I mean performers. (I am a closet Ind/Pak/SL/Ire/Afg supporter.) While you are at it, please bring new faces in the coaching ranks as well. Get rid of Walsh, get rid of Haturi."
:facepalm:

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2017, 10:35 AM
Proof:

Dozog'e bangladeshi'er agon'er ku'ar upor Allah kono guard rakben na. We are well aware of how to pull someone back down if someone ever dares to escape the hell fire pit. Senior'ra bhalo kheltasey. Sack 'em. (THIS IS A JOKE. DON"T TAKE IT ANY OTHER WAY.) Now laugh!!!

aklemalp
June 26, 2017, 10:41 AM
In all honesty Mijan bhai, Walsh needs to be replaced. The fast bowling needs to pick up a little, although BD death bowling has shown signs of improvement (thanks to RBX, who thanked WaLSH).

The question is: Do we know what happens behind the scenes to make a fair assessment of a coach?

Or, does the little improvements not matter?

These things we have to know to make an impartial judgment.

Roey Haque
June 28, 2017, 03:14 AM
All your rebuttals are so focused on the present that it lacks any sort of vision for the future. How conveniently you ignore how all the international teams have on an average two players over 10 years and most of the time, one of them usually is a hall of famer, meaning they are must pick players. We only have Shakib to show for.

This core group just blew their load, you think they will deliver you silverware in the future? Best thing is to not pick teenagers anymore and not give them a free pass. Let them perform consistently in the domestics at least till the age of 22, and then they should be in contention. I am looking towards the future, while some (not all) want this team to painfully stutter and dismantle with inconsistent performances from seniors, and of course juniors, because who will they look up to?

You had time to groom a proper wicket keeper, chose not to.
You had time to get a captain who would be aggressive in the field and be exceptional with the bat or ball, chose not to.
Right now, you have an option of bringing in mature performer in the domestics, but you think Mahmadullah is just fine (one century is enough for you to renew his free pass).

For these mistakes, Bangladesh will pay in the future. Look forward to a 2019 quarter final thrashing. That is if we are helped by the rain. If the rain does not favor us, then a first round exit.

Jadukor
June 28, 2017, 03:34 AM
@Roey
What is the vision for the future. Which players are technically capable to replace the current seniors?
All i am reading are some blanket accusations without any proper solution