PDA

View Full Version : Big name players being signed up for BPL 5

MHRAM
June 21, 2017, 05:52 AM
Going through FB I have seen quite a lot of top players being roped in to play the BPL.

So far Dhaka has signed Sangakkara, Afridi, Watson, Amir, Sunil Narine and Even Lewis.

Khulna has signed Chris Lynn, Sarfaraz Ahmed already

Sammy to return to Rajshahi. Great to see do much interest in this year's BPL. Kudos to BCB and security officials to make it all possible.

The real issue last year was security otherwise a lot of players would have taken part.

However, Dhaka crowd will be a massive disappointment again so need to ensure matches in Khulna and Sylhet. Oh and matches should also be held in fatullah which has floodlights I believe
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

SportingBD
June 21, 2017, 07:25 AM
Going to be really competitive this year - great signings.

ReZ_1
June 21, 2017, 09:14 AM
I am just not a fan of pre signing. This makes the team so imbalance. I remember BPL 3 was so competitive unlike the other bpls where dhaka dominated simply due to strong squad and allowed Nana to boost

ReZ_1
June 21, 2017, 09:16 AM
Even Afghan league also have an auction / selection like system where all the teams can sit together and take players

MHRAM
June 21, 2017, 10:20 AM
The issue with auction is that foreign players are paid peanuts.

If anything there should be a large salary cap 2
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Shadow
June 21, 2017, 11:35 AM
However, Dhaka crowd will be a massive disappointment again so need to ensure matches in Khulna and Sylhet. Oh and matches should also be held in fatullah which has floodlights I believe
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

BCB can expect huge crowds if they host matches in cities like Khulna and Sylhet. They can even host test matches in sylhet(of course in dry season) to draw larger crowd.
This is because they are deprived of cricket and won't miss any chance to see international cricket.

But BCB is still likely to stick with Dhaka and Chittagong even in this BPL.

NoName
June 21, 2017, 12:04 PM
Will we get better pitches this time, you know where 130-140 isn't par score

MHRAM
June 21, 2017, 01:32 PM
Pitches can get rest if matches are held in several venues.

Heck arrange matches in fatullah

Nobody likes 130-140 run matches

Mas_UK25
June 21, 2017, 03:21 PM
Good thread. Timely. Needed to hear something on the upcoming BPL. It's good to move on and stop dwelling on what happened recently.

Looking forward to this BPL. Sylhet will be back - Hurraaayyy. And Sylhet Stadium will be used, the capacity is being increased to about 25k which is fine for the surrounding it is located in. Best location of a stadium in BD by a country mile. International people will love it more.

looks like some teams have made some good early signings. There will be ceremony two days before. Seems like they preparing it better this year. Lets hope this will be a the best one.

basir
June 21, 2017, 04:24 PM
I do not think PCB will issue NOC to Pak players. I do not see any of them plying in BPL.

Mas_UK25
June 21, 2017, 04:50 PM
I do not think PCB will issue NOC to Pak players. I do not see any of them plying in BPL.

If they won't be issued NOC why they made themselves available for the tournament and accepted the offers so far?
Perhaps, you mean to say, the last minute drama from pcb (as usual) to stop them coming?

tiger1000
June 21, 2017, 05:34 PM

But at the same time 200+ par pitches aren't good to watch either, but I do agree those pitches were odi pitches, not good enough

Need to have 160-180 par pitches, that way a great bowling performance can bring team down to 140, or a batting performance can take it to over 200

tiger1000
June 21, 2017, 05:36 PM
If they won't be issued NOC why they made themselves available for the tournament and accepted the offers so far?
Perhaps, you mean to say, the last minute drama from pcb (as usual) to stop them coming?

Won't be surprised, run by idiots, pretend like there players are millionaires and don't need a paycheck

Barring injury concerns, it's idiotic to not allow players to play

jeesh
June 21, 2017, 11:09 PM
Thats the problem-when you play all matches in 2-3 grounds. The pitches wear out, and they become difficult to bat in.

brockley
June 21, 2017, 11:14 PM
Looks like Chris Lynn is the first casualty of the wage war with Cricket Australia.looks like he is turning his back on Australia and queensland to be a T20 hitter.

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 12:06 AM
Pakistani players shouldn't have agreed to sign for this league without confirmed NOC from PCB. NOC is important and given the fragile relationship between PCB and BCB, i doubt there will be NOC.

In the larger context, i hope PCB agrees to issue NOC and hope to work with BCB to host Bangladesh in UAE. Meanwhile, use PSL to promote cricket in Pakistan one step at the time.

Rinathq
June 22, 2017, 12:09 AM
Ronchi may also play BPL as he just retired to play PLs

MHRAM
June 22, 2017, 02:16 AM
Pakistani players shouldn't have agreed to sign for this league without confirmed NOC from PCB. NOC is important and given the fragile relationship between PCB and BCB, i doubt there will be NOC.

In the larger context, i hope PCB agrees to issue NOC and hope to work with BCB to host Bangladesh in UAE. Meanwhile, use PSL to promote cricket in Pakistan one step at the time.

A sensible post from a Pakistani I believe?

A lot of Pakistani wishes to shut the door on BCB. PCB can ill afford to do so.

PCB are incurring losses hosting WI SL whilst BD would mean huge profit if hosted in UAE.

Everyone wins if PCB and BCB maintains good relationship

MHRAM
June 22, 2017, 02:22 AM
Ronchi may also play BPL as he just retired to play PLs

Yeah I am not really convinced he is a big name player

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 04:16 AM
A sensible post from a Pakistani I believe?

A lot of Pakistani wishes to shut the door on BCB. PCB can ill afford to do so.

PCB are incurring losses hosting WI SL whilst BD would mean huge profit if hosted in UAE.

Everyone wins if PCB and BCB maintains good relationship

Because BCB is known to be backstabber? BCB didn't even spare BCCI. PCB promoted lots of cricket in Bangladesh in the last few years, and benefited nothing in return apart from some winning titles over Asia Cup. Financially, PCB benefits nothing from maintaining diplomatic tactics with BCB.

What gave you the impression that PCB is incurring losses from hosting WI, SL? Those teams are test-playing nations that carry the reputation of regular teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand in terms of sponsors. Hence PCB was able to host Sri Lanka and West Indies many times.

And including the recent where PCB was in profit for hosting West Indies despite the fact that West Indies is not the same as 90s. From the sponsor's perspective, it is brand name that can fetch good bargain but for how long might be the key here.

As i said repeatedly, the status of Bangladesh hasn't changed from the sponsor's point of view which may not fetch good bargain in the inexpensive regions to generate decent turnover to make up for the investments [hotel arrangements]. That is why hosting Bangladesh in Pakistan seems affordable relatively and ideal. It has nothing to do with bossing BCB around.

Even if PCB misses out from BCB, then it is not end of the world. Despite not being able to host at home [Pakistan], PCB still managed to fetch good bargains from the sponsor simply by hosting its home series in the inexpensive UAE, and remained profitable for years including PSL. So whether in Pakistan or UAE, Pakistan cricket is safe for now. But hosting minnow teams in inexpensive regions? That would be risk taker. :-|

From the diplomatic relationship with BCB, only BCB wins. I don't see how PCB can benefit from having diplomatic relationship with BCB since PCB cannot afford to host Bangladesh team in inexpensive UAE to begin with. That is why i believe PCB can afford not to care.

brockley
June 22, 2017, 05:02 AM
I dunno if it enough money for a player vs country,2nd on contract and 3rd only would 2nd/3rd tier would defy PCB and wouldn't get NOC.

anon4567
June 22, 2017, 05:26 AM
Yeah I am not really convinced he is a big name player

All BPL teams need a token white player.... Given his popularity, he will definitely get in.

MHRAM
June 22, 2017, 05:51 AM
Because BCB is known to be backstabber? BCB didn't even spare BCCI. PCB promoted lots of cricket in Bangladesh in the last few years, and benefited nothing in return apart from some winning titles over Asia Cup. Financially, PCB benefits nothing from maintaining diplomatic tactics with BCB.

What gave you the impression that PCB is incurring losses from hosting WI, SL? Those teams are test-playing nations that carry the reputation of regular teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand in terms of sponsors. Hence PCB was able to host Sri Lanka and West Indies many times.

And including the recent where PCB was in profit for hosting West Indies despite the fact that West Indies is not the same as 90s. From the sponsor's perspective, it is brand name that can fetch good bargain but for how long might be the key here.

As i said repeatedly, the status of Bangladesh hasn't changed from the sponsor's point of view which may not fetch good bargain in the inexpensive regions to generate decent turnover to make up for the investments [hotel arrangements]. That is why hosting Bangladesh in Pakistan seems affordable relatively and ideal. It has nothing to do with bossing BCB around.

Even if PCB misses out from BCB, then it is not end of the world. Despite not being able to host at home [Pakistan], PCB still managed to fetch good bargains from the sponsor simply by hosting its home series in the inexpensive UAE, and remained profitable for years including PSL. So whether in Pakistan or UAE, Pakistan cricket is safe for now. But hosting minnow teams in inexpensive regions? That would be risk taker. :-|

From the diplomatic relationship with BCB, only BCB wins. I don't see how PCB can benefit from having diplomatic relationship with BCB since PCB cannot afford to host Bangladesh team in inexpensive UAE to begin with. That is why i believe PCB can afford not to care.

Well first things first. PCB isn't in good terms with BCCI and BCB which means two of the bigger markets in sports is already out of the question.

Would believe me if I told you BD's population is almost the combined of SL, WI, Aus, England, Zim, SA, NZ? We have 180 million people in our country and a good number of them die-hard cricket fans.

Would you believe me if I told you that more than 50% of the sponsorships for the BD VS SL in Sri Lanka were from Bangladesh sponsors alone? Heck the title sponsors were Bangladeshi. The tri nation series between Ireland, Bangladesh and NZ had 95% of its sponsorships from Bangladeshi companies?

Why do you Pakistani's ignore basic facts and focus on history? Do you even know half the players in the current West Indies? Do you think any particular sponsor will want to pay money to see the likes of Ashley Nurse, Chase in action? The current WI ODI side has fewer ODI centuries than Mushfiqur.

Your board has been desperate to play India because they are in a severe financial crisis. Only teams like Australia, England, SA provide some profit. SL and WI don't. Bangladesh will generate much more revenue because of the sponsorship we bring. Our economy is improving significantly day by day, our interest in cricket is at an all-time high and we have the population. Do you remember the last time a limited over international in Bangladesh with BD playing have an empty seats? NEVER. Did you know that the WI vs Pak series had more birds as spectators than actual spectators? Oh well you wouldn't because you were too busy playing simulation in your head as to how BCB backstabbed Pakistan.

Do you know who backstabbed who? Yes your precious cricket board. Our board never had any obligation to tour Pakistan. They took in the interest of the players and coaching staff into mind. Your board weren't able to provide Sri Lankans the necessary security required when they were on their way to the stadium. Its okay if all other teams say no. Infact Zimbabwe were "manipulated" with money because, well, we know their board is corrupt and their players can't even pay their rents.

Your board withdrew their players from BPL-2. Even despite that BCB later agreed upon friendly terms with your board. BCB agreed to share revenue with PCB in a series HOSTED IN OUR FREAKING BACKYARD. BCB gave NOCs for BD players to play in the PSL and let Pakistan players play in the BPL without any issue. So please, stop questioning as to why BCB doesn't want to send its national team to Pakistan and actually remind themselves that Pakistan has had its fair share of terrorism problems in this decade with tens of thousands of people winding up dead.

Wait a minute, your board looks at our cricket team like a bunch of guinea pigs. They don't care about our cricket. They are enticing our team into Pakistan to show the world: "LOOK, PAKISTAN IS SAFE, TOUR US TOUR US". They don't give two hoots about anything else.

I am sorry but usually I am harsh on my own cricket board and players. Infact, I am a fan of Pakistan team too, along with many other teams. Heck I support any team that plays good cricket. But when its about PCB being considered an angel and its blind fans defending it, I do get irritated because somebody just needs to come up with facts.

OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, come up with statistics that goes to show PCB benefits a lot from hosting the West Indies. Keep digging.

UAE is inexpensive? LOLOLOLOL. UAE is a foreign country. Its obviously going to be more expensive for the host nation if the tournament is not even held in the host nation itself :lol::lol::lol:

MHRAM
June 22, 2017, 05:56 AM
Afghanistan cricket board too has cut off relations with PCB.

So PCB right now are contemplating series with SL(currently the weakest of the top teams), UAE(Associate nation who has zero non-expats) and Nepal

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 07:52 AM
Well first things first. PCB isn't in good terms with BCCI and BCB which means two of the bigger markets in sports is already out of the question.

With BCCI, that is the 1947 issue which will remain plague with political issue.

But PCB was powerhouse in 90s without India which back then Pakistan and India were not playing each other due to political tension.

Would believe me if I told you BD's population is almost the combined of SL, WI, Aus, England, Zim, SA, NZ? We have 180 million people in our country and a good number of them die-hard cricket fans.

Since when the population is the criteria for the rating? We are talking about the series in UAE where the sponsors have been known hesitant to offer. Big names fetch good bargain, small name doesn't. Bangladesh is small brand.

Would you believe me if I told you that more than 50% of the sponsorships for the BD VS SL in Sri Lanka were from Bangladesh sponsors alone? Heck the title sponsors were Bangladeshi. The tri nation series between Ireland, Bangladesh and NZ had 95% of its sponsorships from Bangladeshi companies?

There was the time when BCB couldn't fetch a decent sponsor at home hence relied on foreign Neo sport to make do with the cheap offer.

Sri Lanka is big name. Big name sells.

Why do you Pakistani's ignore basic facts and focus on history? Do you even know half the players in the current West Indies? Do you think any particular sponsor will want to pay money to see the likes of Ashley Nurse, Chase in action? The current WI ODI side has fewer ODI centuries than Mushfiqur.

Pakistan just hosted West Indies in UAE. And it has been successful - never mind the fact that sponsors were available for West Indies series in UAE not long ago.

Your board has been desperate to play India because they are in a severe financial crisis. Only teams like Australia, England, SA provide some profit. SL and WI don't. Bangladesh will generate much more revenue because of the sponsorship we bring. Our economy is improving significantly day by day, our interest in cricket is at an all-time high and we have the population. Do you remember the last time a limited over international in Bangladesh with BD playing have an empty seats? NEVER. Did you know that the WI vs Pak series had more birds as spectators than actual spectators? Oh well you wouldn't because you were too busy playing simulation in your head as to how BCB backstabbed Pakistan.

PCB is desperate to host India? Who isn't desperate to host India? That is not desperation, that is called greedy. Every cricket boards line up and bend their knee for BCCI so they can get their cut. But that all changes due to the recent voting.

Yet PCB has been doing fine without India in the last five years while BCB heavily relied on BCCI for the series at home. If anything, BCB is toasted without BCCI taking the recent voting into the account. Not to mention, that rules out Asia Cup in Bangladesh anymore.

Do you know who backstabbed who? Yes your precious cricket board. Our board never had any obligation to tour Pakistan. They took in the interest of the players and coaching staff into mind. Your board weren't able to provide Sri Lankans the necessary security required when they were on their way to the stadium. Its okay if all other teams say no. Infact Zimbabwe were "manipulated" with money because, well, we know their board is corrupt and their players can't even pay their rents.

PCB, BCCI, SLC have been supporting cricket in Bangladesh for many many many decades. When the opportunity came, BCB backstabbed. First with Pakistan and now with BCCI [in the recent voting]. The pattern is there.

Your board withdrew their players from BPL-2. Even despite that BCB later agreed upon friendly terms with your board. BCB agreed to share revenue with PCB in a series HOSTED IN OUR FREAKING BACKYARD. BCB gave NOCs for BD players to play in the PSL and let Pakistan players play in the BPL without any issue. So please, stop questioning as to why BCB doesn't want to send its national team to Pakistan and actually remind themselves that Pakistan has had its fair share of terrorism problems in this decade with tens of thousands of people winding up dead.

The deal was to play in Pakistan which BCB agreed only to change its mind in the abrupt manner. BCB should have said no. But the way BCB acted screamed betrayal which has continued with BCCI now.

As for leagues, Bangladeshi cricketers are not relevant in Pakistani league whereas Pakistani cricketers are relevant in BPL. So naturally, PCB uses that as card in exchange for the deal in the diplomatic manner since it is one way street with BCB constantly taking advantage of PCB. Hence the message, no more. BCB is on its own now.

Wait a minute, your board looks at our cricket team like a bunch of guinea pigs. They don't care about our cricket. They are enticing our team into Pakistan to show the world: "LOOK, PAKISTAN IS SAFE, TOUR US TOUR US". They don't give two hoots about anything else.

I get it. You are upset. Feel free to say no. Complaining makes no sense, and if anything, your complaint validates the important of Pakistan cricket in regards to PCB boycott of leagues.

I am sorry but usually I am harsh on my own cricket board and players. Infact, I am a fan of Pakistan team too, along with many other teams. Heck I support any team that plays good cricket. But when its about PCB being considered an angel and its blind fans defending it, I do get irritated because somebody just needs to come up with facts.

OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, come up with statistics that goes to show PCB benefits a lot from hosting the West Indies. Keep digging.

UAE is inexpensive? LOLOLOLOL. UAE is a foreign country. Its obviously going to be more expensive for the host nation if the tournament is not even held in the host nation itself :lol::lol::lol:

UAE is expensive place to live and rent. It costs PCB twice in compares to hosting at home. So it is obvious that PCB will go with the big names and not risk on the small brands such as Bangladesh, Zimbabwe.

Pakistan has been hosting Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies many times already. And they have been successful in terms of viewership and the sponsors which are easily available before each series begin. Because they are still big brand regardless of the situation in most test-playing nations such as West Indies and Sri Lanka.

And Pakistan has already lined up for its future home series with them in UAE.

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 07:59 AM

So PCB right now are contemplating series with SL(currently the weakest of the top teams), UAE(Associate nation who has zero non-expats) and Nepal

Officially Afghan cricket has, but unofficially, their teams will be playing in Pakistani domestic regularly.

Afghan team is practically Peshawar team which the platform from Pakistan made them what they are.

If anything, it might be big loss for Afghan cricket board knowing their lack of proper infrastructure and domestic first class tournaments which they used Pakistan's infrastructures and participated in domestic's first class tournaments and domestic t20 with the big names.

PCB already has lined up Sri Lanka series in UAE in this year. Pakistan and Sri Lanka have been playing back and forth in both UAE and Sri Lanka for the last five years.

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 08:01 AM

Officially Afghan cricket has, but unofficially, their teams will be playing in Pakistani domestic regularly.

Afghan team is practically Peshawar team which the platform from Pakistan made them what they are.

If anything, it might be big loss for Afghan cricket board knowing their lack of proper infrastructure and domestic first class tournaments which they used Pakistan's infrastructures and participated in domestic's first class tournaments and domestic t20 with the big names.

Already hosted Australia and England more than twice, and more on the way before 2020. Hosted Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, South Africa, West Indies regularly and that too with the full series. And Bangladesh is yet to be hosted which is not very likely given the sponsor mindset towards minnow teams like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Hence hosted Zimbabwe in Pakistan since only local sponsor was available for Zimbabwe which made sense to host the team in Pakistan since Zimbabwe team was eager to play in Pakistan anyways.

PCB hosted almost all the teams regularly with the full series pack at UAE, yet remained profitable as ever. Sure, PCB could have made more at home [Pakistan], but PCB cannot be chooser especially with the situation yet doing fine so far in terms of revenue despite the cost for UAE.

PCB already has lined up Sri Lanka series in UAE in this year. Pakistan and Sri Lanka have been playing back and forth in both UAE and Sri Lanka for the last five years.

tiger1000
June 22, 2017, 09:45 AM

Financially, PCB benefits nothing from maintaining diplomatic tactics with BCB.... What about the time pcb begged bcb for money, as for promoting our cricket, when pcb was going strong, bd got invited to Pakistan, how many times?

carry the reputation of regular teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand in terms of sponsors. Hence PCB was able to host Sri Lanka and West Indies many times... Yh because new zealand and Sri Lanka attract so much sponsors that bd companies has to sponsor majority of it

Keep living in lala land and pretend Pakistan is some superpower in cricket, when it's scraping by, like West Indies Sri Lanka new zealand bring more money

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 10:13 AM
Financially, PCB benefits nothing from maintaining diplomatic tactics with BCB.... What about the time pcb begged bcb for money, as for promoting our cricket, when pcb was going strong, bd got invited to Pakistan, how many times?

PCB begged BCB for money? If anything, PCB charged money when BCB wanted to host Pakistan in Bangladesh. If you want Pakistan cricket, pay the money which to me is understandable given that's how the world works.

I don't remember PCB hosting Bangladesh much, but in 2008, PCB didn't have much cricket so PCB was generous to host Bangladesh in front of Pakistan. And that was the last of it.

carry the reputation of regular teams like Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand in terms of sponsors. Hence PCB was able to host Sri Lanka and West Indies many times... Yh because new zealand and Sri Lanka attract so much sponsors that bd companies has to sponsor majority of it

Big brands sell, small brands don't. That is the way the business is.

New Zealand and Sri Lanka are big brands.

Keep living in lala land and pretend Pakistan is some superpower in cricket, when it's scraping by, like West Indies Sri Lanka new zealand bring more money

Who said Pakistan is some superpower? Although PCB was powerhouse economically in 90s, and even without playing India most of times.

In UAE, it is not the worth the risk hosting Bangladesh in exchange for small turnover. Big brands fetch good bargain, small brands don't.

If you are offended by not being hosted in UAE, then Bangladesh is always welcome in Pakistan.

tiger1000
June 22, 2017, 02:52 PM
PCB begged BCB for money? If anything, PCB charged money when BCB wanted to host Pakistan in Bangladesh. If you want Pakistan cricket, pay the money which to me is understandable given that's how the world works.

I don't remember PCB hosting Bangladesh much, but in 2008, PCB didn't have much cricket so PCB was generous to host Bangladesh in front of Pakistan. And that was the last of it.

Big brands sell, small brands don't. That is the way the business is.

New Zealand and Sri Lanka are big brands.

Who said Pakistan is some superpower? Although PCB was powerhouse economically in 90s, and even without playing India most of times.

In UAE, it is not the worth the risk hosting Bangladesh in exchange for small turnover. Big brands fetch good bargain, small brands don't.

If you are offended by not being hosted in UAE, then Bangladesh is always welcome in Pakistan.

When a country tours, it gets a share of the revenue, it doesn't ask to be paid a random figure

New Zealand and Sri Lanka, are such big brands, that they get very little sponsors, such big brands that BD companies sponsored the tours for the majority, such big brands that their TV viewership is dwarfed by bd viewership, such big brands that they play in empty grounds at home

Saying Bangladesh isn't financially viable to host in UAE is fine, what doesn't make sense is saying, West Indies, Sri Lanka, New Zealand is, when they don't bring as much money. Fact is unless the Big 3 tour, pcb struggles to make a profit

It's a simple tactic PCB is trying to use to make Bangladesh tour Pakistan.

I don't understand why Pakistani fans are always so blind to the truth, your Board is slowly ruining your cricket, it's ran by bunch of idiots, and before you jump to the defence of the idiots, most of the fans on here readily admit when our board president acts like an idiot, this denial thing is nearly only done by Pakistani fans

You guys deny everything, from blatant ball tampering, chucking to your stupid decisions by the board

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 06:27 PM
When a country tours, it gets a share of the revenue, it doesn't ask to be paid a random figure

New Zealand and Sri Lanka, are such big brands, that they get very little sponsors, such big brands that BD companies sponsored the tours for the majority, such big brands that their TV viewership is dwarfed by bd viewership, such big brands that they play in empty grounds at home

But when Pakistan hosts New Zealand and Sri Lanka, that alone fetch good bargain for PCB. And the reason PCB is able to host the full series due to available of sponsors because of oppositions that are already brand.

New Zealand and Sri Lanka test-playing nations that have established brand all over the worlds, and precisely why they get hosted all over the world. More than that, New Zealand regularly plays Australia in Australian turf. It is not just Pakistan alone.

Whereas for Bangladesh, it is still being developed in terms of brand especially in Test series. In essence, the brand suffers in terms of overall the series. At best, Bangladesh can be hosted for limited series. But in UAE? That is even too expensive with little turnover.

Saying Bangladesh isn't financially viable to host in UAE is fine, what doesn't make sense is saying, West Indies, Sri Lanka, New Zealand is, when they don't bring as much money. Fact is unless the Big 3 tour, pcb struggles to make a profit

Bangladesh is financially viable at their home. But in overseas, i don't remember any teams hosting Bangladesh for the full series citing 3 Test matches and 5 ODI matches and few T20 matches. At best, it fulfills the criteria for limited series.

But the day is not that far when Bangladesh cricket might be able to fetch good bargain for the full series in the overseas given the process of Bangladesh cricket lately.

It's a simple tactic PCB is trying to use to make Bangladesh tour Pakistan.

I don't understand why Pakistani fans are always so blind to the truth, your Board is slowly ruining your cricket, it's ran by bunch of idiots, and before you jump to the defence of the idiots, most of the fans on here readily admit when our board president acts like an idiot, this denial thing is nearly only done by Pakistani fans

I agree and to the extent no one defends PCB but in terms of financially, it is bold and risky to host Bangladesh team in inexpensive UAE which cannot be denied. If the money was there, PCB would have taken in heart beat but the money is not there for Bangladesh in overseas. PCB is better off hosting its home series with Bangladesh in Bangladesh but then again, PCB has no need for Bangladesh since PCB has already lined up its home series with the rest of cricket teams at UAE till 2020.

You guys are making it ego issue because PCB is not longer promoting cricket in Bangladesh cricket. Now Bangladesh cricket is brand as many claim, it is only fair that you guys should be fine without Pakistan cricket. No offense.

PCB, SLC and BCCI have done lots of promoting cricket in Bangladesh for years. Not many nation get that privilege.

That being said, i hope PCB hosts Bangladesh in UAE but in terms of financially, it is not feasible. PCB would rather host PSL again than to host Bangladesh team unless Bangladesh agrees to play in Pakistan where the expenses are local and affordable. The whole point of PSL is to slowly integrate cricket into Pakistan through step-by-step process. If Bangladesh doesn't want to play in Pakistan, then there is no point dragging this topic furthermore, is there?

You guys deny everything, from blatant ball tampering, chucking to your stupid decisions by the board

That sounds like screaming insecurity all over the place.

brockley
June 22, 2017, 07:31 PM
BPL will fill its quota,even if they get some Associates to make up for Pakistanis not coming.

Mas_UK25
June 22, 2017, 08:59 PM
MalikBro

Plz give it a rest. Bro. Your living in denial like most your fans. BD is a big brand now, if you didn't know BD cricket is grown big ways not only by; performing and reaching 6th in the ODI ranks, reaching QF or SF. Today, BD cricket market has grown bigger, last many series home and away Bangladeshi brands came forward to sponsor. What sponsors do NZ and SL you mentioned bring? Last BD to NZ and SL tours it was BD brands sponsoring it. My friend, the market only can grow in BD, you and your fellow fans are underestimating a cricket crazs nation of 170mill, cricket market is only going upwards and it only just became lots more money will pour in next decade.

One thing, about NZ. Come on, cricket is not even the 4th sport there I bet, how can a nation of 5mill be bigger brand than BD? BD has just began but it has the fan-base to take over most nations, only matter of time. Infact its started already.Youll now get more tv views/ratings, sponsors from BD than NZ/SL/WI, you name it.

If your on about money making out of a series. Above explains how BD is better to invite and play against. Hope your clear now.

DinRaat.
June 22, 2017, 09:19 PM
But when Pakistan hosts New Zealand and Sri Lanka, that alone fetch good bargain for PCB. And the reason PCB is able to host the full series due to available of sponsors because of oppositions that are already brand.

New Zealand and Sri Lanka test-playing nations that have established brand all over the worlds, and precisely why they get hosted all over the world. More than that, New Zealand regularly plays Australia in Australian turf. It is not just Pakistan alone.

Whereas for Bangladesh, it is still being developed in terms of brand especially in Test series. In essence, the brand suffers in terms of overall the series. At best, Bangladesh can be hosted for limited series. But in UAE? That is even too expensive with little turnover.

Bangladesh is financially viable at their home. But in overseas, i don't remember any teams hosting Bangladesh for the full series citing 3 Test matches and 5 ODI matches and few T20 matches. At best, it fulfills the criteria for limited series.

But the day is not that far when Bangladesh cricket might be able to fetch good bargain for the full series in the overseas given the process of Bangladesh cricket lately.

I agree and to the extent no one defends PCB but in terms of financially, it is bold and risky to host Bangladesh team in inexpensive UAE which cannot be denied. If the money was there, PCB would have taken in heart beat but the money is not there for Bangladesh in overseas. PCB is better off hosting its home series with Bangladesh in Bangladesh but then again, PCB has no need for Bangladesh since PCB has already lined up its home series with the rest of cricket teams at UAE till 2020.

You guys are making it ego issue because PCB is not longer promoting cricket in Bangladesh cricket. Now Bangladesh cricket is brand as many claim, it is only fair that you guys should be fine without Pakistan cricket. No offense.

PCB, SLC and BCCI have done lots of promoting cricket in Bangladesh for years. Not many nation get that privilege.

That being said, i hope PCB hosts Bangladesh in UAE but in terms of financially, it is not feasible. PCB would rather host PSL again than to host Bangladesh team unless Bangladesh agrees to play in Pakistan where the expenses are local and affordable. The whole point of PSL is to slowly integrate cricket into Pakistan through step-by-step process. If Bangladesh doesn't want to play in Pakistan, then there is no point dragging this topic furthermore, is there?

That sounds like screaming insecurity all over the place.

Don`t feed the troll, "Sri Lanka and NZ are big brands"

Stopped reading after that.

Mas_UK25
June 22, 2017, 09:34 PM

I couldn't resist myself though. The brother needed to be educated on that matter. Some can have misconceptions or not updated on the latest big brands.

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 10:21 PM

Sri Lanka and New Zealand have been regularly hosted for the full series in the last ten years. What is so surprising about that?

MalikBro
June 22, 2017, 10:24 PM
I couldn't resist myself though. The brother needed to be educated on that matter. Some can have misconceptions or not updated on the latest big brands.

Then why big brands like Sri Lanka and New Zealand get complete series in the overseas regularly? I don't remember the last time Bangladesh got complete series regularly in overseas. Right now, Bangladesh is hosted for limited series, and precisely the same reason why hosting Bangladesh is considered risky in inexpensive UAE.

Bangladesh started its cricket in 1998. New Zealand and Sri Lanka have been playing for the long time. Their brands have been developed long time ago which has certain effects on the sponsors to invest.

No offense to Bangladesh cricket, but surely, that should not surprising why New Zealand and Sri Lanka are big brands. And i am not talking about performance wise only.

DinRaat.
June 22, 2017, 11:32 PM
Sri Lanka and New Zealand have been regularly hosted for the full series in the last ten years. What is so surprising about that?

Go see the viewership for the matches NZ and SL generate, and look at the viewership we generate.

tiger1000
June 23, 2017, 05:03 AM

Because they have been better teams in past 10 years?

Nothing to do with brands, but rather ability

Brand is how much money you bring in, via sponsorship and viewership, fact is bd brings in more than nz and SL on both fronts, as evidenced by our recent tour of them

I don't think even bd fans claimed they are any good at tests pre 2015

That's another thing about Pakistani fans, they all live in the past

I don't mind if bd plays pak or not, but not playing harms both to an extent

If we do play, hopefully, Imad Hafeez Junaid have been tested and banned by then, last time you had steroid yasir and chucking Junaid leading the attack... But of course shah was never on illegal substances and Junaid isn't literally throwing the ball

MalikBro
June 23, 2017, 09:42 AM
Go see the viewership for the matches NZ and SL generate, and look at the viewership we generate.

At home. There is no denying that.

Because they have been better teams in past 10 years?

Nothing to do with brands, but rather ability

Brand is how much money you bring in, via sponsorship and viewership, fact is bd brings in more than nz and SL on both fronts, as evidenced by our recent tour of them

I don't think even bd fans claimed they are any good at tests pre 2015

That's another thing about Pakistani fans, they all live in the past

I don't mind if bd plays pak or not, but not playing harms both to an extent

If we do play, hopefully, Imad Hafeez Junaid have been tested and banned by then, last time you had steroid yasir and chucking Junaid leading the attack... But of course shah was never on illegal substances and Junaid isn't literally throwing the ball

Except we are not talking about the sponsorship and viewership at home.

It is good thing that Pakistan won't be hosting Bangladesh for a while. It is not fun playing playing the team that resorts to conspiracy theory all the time. :lol:

Pakman
June 24, 2017, 07:00 AM

It is good thing that Pakistan won't be hosting Bangladesh for a while. It is not fun playing playing the team that resorts to conspiracy theory all the time. :lol:
If i am not wrong BPL will take place in november & so does global league of South africa. There are two teams in global league owned by Pakistanis, though players has not been anounced yet but i think few of Pakistani players will be signed up for them. And we also have full series with srilanka in UAE starting from october to december. So i hardly thinks our top notch players will be available for either of those leagues.

And malik bro i think Pakistan should allow players to play in that league because that will give very good impression about Pakistan and we should also see how bangladesh board acts & how they return the favor.

DinRaat.
June 24, 2017, 07:16 AM

Hehehe you speak of conspiracy theories, but your nation has vomited out the worst of the worst.

For example: Your nation believed certain mobile phone numbers would release high frequency waves that will lead to brain hemorrhages

Link:https://www.thoughtco.com/g00/death-calls-killer-phone-number-warnings-3299594?i10c.referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com .au%2F

2nd Conspiracy: Your so called islamists and beard preaching mullahs, educate the people to not vaccinate their children against polio, and I think even you know that is a known fact.

3rd Conspiracy: Trump apparently born in pakistan

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/15/conspiracy-theory-claims-that-trump-was-born-in-pakistan/21606571/

iDumb
June 24, 2017, 08:34 AM

I don't think this is conspiracy. Sounds factual.

Pakman
June 24, 2017, 10:00 AM
Hehehe you speak of conspiracy theories, but your nation has vomited out the worst of the worst.

For example: Your nation believed certain mobile phone numbers would release high frequency waves that will lead to brain hemorrhages

Link:https://www.thoughtco.com/g00/death-calls-killer-phone-number-warnings-3299594?i10c.referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com .au%2F

2nd Conspiracy: Your so called islamists and beard preaching mullahs, educate the people to not vaccinate their children against polio, and I think even you know that is a known fact.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/15/conspiracy-theory-claims-that-trump-was-born-in-pakistan/21606571/
I think malikbro was referring to cricket when he talked about conspiracy. Sir you dont need to drag the topic to something else.
And i being a Pakistani dont believe in any of those conspiracy theories. Infact i personally never heard any of those conspiracy theories before expect of second one. Which only few of the uneducated people from remote tribal areas living in mountains believes in.

shujan
June 24, 2017, 10:48 AM
Pakistan lost the series to Bangladesh 3-0. They are afraid to loose again that is the reason they canceled the upcoming series in Bangladesh.

Why dont Pakistanies show some courage and come and play in Bangladesh. Lets see who is the better team?

Tigers_eye
June 24, 2017, 11:31 AM
Biggest question. Is all payment has been made? To the players and coaches? Didn't go through the thread. Sorry if it has already been answered.

Shaan
June 24, 2017, 11:34 AM
Pakistan lost the series to Bangladesh 3-0. They are afraid to loose again that is the reason they canceled the upcoming series in Bangladesh.

Why dont Pakistanies show some courage and come and play in Bangladesh. Lets see who is the better team?
this unpredictable pakistan will lose next 7 matches out of ten. and these three wins will make their fans think that all their plyers are from mars, all of a sudden no competitive teams or players in this earth can matc them, that's how pakistan fans think. umar, babar, the new slogger is better then kohli, hasan is better then mcgrath, ambrose, tendu is no where near to imad wasim that is how they tend to get hype after one success.

Pakman
June 24, 2017, 11:51 AM
this unpredictable pakistan will lose next 7 matches out of ten. and these three wins will make their fans think that all their plyers are from mars, all of a sudden no competitive teams or players in this earth can matc them, that's how pakistan fans think. umar, babar, the new slogger is better then kohli, hasan is better then mcgrath, ambrose, tendu is no where near to imad wasim that is how they tend to get hype after one success.
Well thats the irony of our people we do seems to forget but still you cant rule out the fact that Pakistan can beat any team any where, even now when we are at our worst condition and when we were at the bottom of the table and every one was looking down upon us and were claiming that this team may even lose to team like afghanistan even then this team of ours still managed to get the trophy despite being isolated from hosting in home, despite being least favorite to win & despite having so much young unexperianced players in team . And thats why we are unpredictables.

And lol plz dont exaggerate that much, we have never claimed that umar akmal is better than kohli otherwise he would have never been dropped from team and hassan is still young guy and is very early to compare him with greats like mcgrath & abrose. And imad wasim is no where near to tendulkar. And babar is not a slogger, he is a very good batsmen infact the only batsmen in our team that can literally bat.

Pakman
June 24, 2017, 11:58 AM
Pakistan lost the series to 3-0. They are afraid to loose again that is the reason they canceled the upcoming series in .

Why dont Pakistanies show some courage and come and play in . Lets see who is the better team?
:ohno: woooo you have busted our evil plans now what should we do now :D

Mas_UK25
June 24, 2017, 12:23 PM
Pak players will come like last time in numbers too. Money talks. BPL is older than PSL. Once the incompetent cricekt gove of BPL takes the league to proper home and away, then bpl will blossom so much even more. Sad thing is these dhaka centric bunch still on a tuktuk in regards to improving facilities elsewhere and taking cricket around BD. This why BPL is suffering from lack of quality.

SportingBD
June 24, 2017, 12:33 PM
Pak players will come like last time in numbers too. Money talks. BPL is older than PSL. Once the incompetent cricekt gove of BPL takes the league to proper home and away, then bpl will blossom so much even more. Sad thing is these dhaka centric bunch still on a tuktuk in regards to improving facilities elsewhere and taking cricket around BD. This why BPL is suffering from lack of quality.

I'm liking it soo far, they seem to be more active now, especially Dhaka and Khulna.

tiger1000
June 24, 2017, 01:50 PM

How else do you define brand of a team if not for viewership and sponsorship?

MalikBro
June 24, 2017, 04:34 PM
How else do you define brand of a team if not for viewership and sponsorship?

You are talking about home series. Outside the home, that is where the value of brand is tested. New Zealand and Sri Lanka are seasoned brands that sell for any teams that host them.

Why do you think Australia regularly host New Zealand in Australia? Why PCB in regards to Sri Lanka for that matter? But the sponsors are already available for them as they are proven brands regardless of their situation.

Bangladesh is uncharted territory when it comes to oversea. Time will tell, but personally, i would love to see PCB hosting Bangladesh in UAE. It is just wishful thinking since it is hard to tell whether it is financially viable for PCB to host Bangladesh or not. Again, we are talking about the perspective from PCB.

MalikBro
June 24, 2017, 04:40 PM
If i am not wrong BPL will take place in november & so does global league of South africa. There are two teams in global league owned by Pakistanis, though players has not been anounced yet but i think few of Pakistani players will be signed up for them. And we also have full series with srilanka in UAE starting from october to december. So i hardly thinks our top notch players will be available for either of those leagues.

And malik bro i think Pakistan should allow players to play in that league because that will give very good impression about Pakistan and we should also see how bangladesh board acts & how they return the favor.

That is up to PCB. After successful PSL, PCB is inclined to be little more demanding given what BCB did to PCB in the matter of keeping PCB in dark for the whole time. :facepalm:

That is for another topic.

The schedule of BPL and South Africa T20 league might clash with each other as i have heard. And yeah, Pakistani franchises bought couple of team in Africa T20 league. Perhaps, that is where Pakistani cricketers lies. I expect them to be playing in that league soon.

I believe the full series with Sri Lanka is in October while African T20 league might be in the summer. Pakistani players will be busy in the summer from Carribean T20 to Natwest T20 league and now African T20.

If the part of schedule clash is true, then BPL might lose out some cricketers to African T20 league. Bad timing.

MalikBro
June 24, 2017, 04:45 PM

BPL had huge financial issue despite hosting at home [Bangladesh]. Whereas PSL has been successful in oversea especially the inexpensive UAE. PSL has been hosted twice and both editions have been successful so far.

I am glad PCB was slow and took the time with PSL while BCB hastened with BPL which exposed the matter of fact that BPL was not ready to begin with. :facepalm:

tiger1000
June 25, 2017, 11:10 AM
You are talking about home series. Outside the home, that is where the value of brand is tested. New Zealand and Sri Lanka are seasoned brands that sell for any teams that host them.

Why do you think Australia regularly host New Zealand in Australia? Why PCB in regards to Sri Lanka for that matter? But the sponsors are already available for them as they are proven brands regardless of their situation.

Bangladesh is uncharted territory when it comes to oversea. Time will tell, but personally, i would love to see PCB hosting Bangladesh in UAE. It is just wishful thinking since it is hard to tell whether it is financially viable for PCB to host Bangladesh or not. Again, we are talking about the perspective from PCB.

Even outside the home, bd brings more money, via sponsorship and viewership

NZ to Australia barring, that's easier to organise and is popular for a rivalry

I couldn't care less if bd for uae, my point is about you thinking nz and SL are more financially viable which is not the case, they simply have no brand you speak of, that's not opinion, that's a fact going from recent series'so against them

mishu
June 25, 2017, 03:34 PM
These Pakistanis and Indians suffer from a superiority complex that's ugly. Still living in their glory of 90s.
Will put it to you in your business term. Bangladesh is a big brand in cricket period.
Why we don't get full series, not because of money. Because of superiority complex of boards and countries like your.

MHRAM
June 26, 2017, 12:55 AM
The brand of West Indies is so big that the man of the match award in a series with India gets 750USD.

Mas_UK25
June 26, 2017, 04:29 AM
Rilee Rossow signed by Khulna. Gunaratne to Dhaka.

Seems like this year its proper business, some big t20 names already signed and more coming in. DD as usual seems to be buying all the good ones; they have,Watson, Narine, Afridi, Amir, Sanga retained. Khulna have done some early business too.

Where are the rest of the franchises ? Need to hear some actions from them. Sylhet yet to be named.

From next year or when the contract ends, teams should be opened to international buyers to bid too. That way more price will go up. BPL has all the tools to be mega successful tournament played in Bangladesh, at home not elsewhere, and with the big crowds to back it up. Just missing some correct organisation.

SportingBD
June 26, 2017, 04:34 AM
Dhaka looks so strong. Not sure if confirmed, but saw that Sylhet name will change from Superstar to just Sylhet Stars.

shujan
June 26, 2017, 04:37 AM

Dude nobody wants to play in Pakistan! Good luck finding any international team even want to go to Pakistan. Who want to risk their life for a game of cricket.

Roy_1
June 26, 2017, 06:24 AM
These Pakistanis and Indians suffer from a superiority complex that's ugly. Still living in their glory of 90s.
Will put it to you in your business term. Bangladesh is a big brand in cricket period.
Why we don't get full series, not because of money. Because of superiority complex of boards and countries like your.

Don't generalize dude, India has always been a dominant force in ICC tournaments, out of 5 ICC tournaments in this decade we won two of them, finalists in one and reached semi twice, trust me even if we want to brag we don't have to go back to the 90's, we have achieved enough in the recent past.

Indeed BD has become a big brand in cricket that means even if some random dude in the internet calls you minnow you don't become one, you will encounter people with different views and ideas in online platforms, trust me man I am telling this from experience it is better to grow a thick skin than reacting all the time.

Honestly speaking Pakistani fans are not used to winning big trophies very often and let alone beating their arch rivals in the finals so they are going overboard with the celebrations and chest thumping, cut them some slack and let them enjoy till it lasts. :)

Roy_1
June 26, 2017, 06:32 AM

Hey Malik, how you doing man?

Sorry I don't remember congratulating you after that match, I was too sad and heartbroken to do that, belated congratulations on the win buddy and Eid Mubarak to you and your family :)

I now seriously want a bilateral series between us just so that we can thrash your flying a$$es back to stone ages and show you who is the real boss :D

Mas_UK25
June 26, 2017, 08:00 AM
Where are mods man. Are they active anymore? I feel like quitting BC. Too many outsiders always derailing almost each threads. This is about BPL upcoming season, and we have some outsiders trying to show how great their board/nation/team/market is. Come on mods, why thou have become so soft these days. Put this to an end, sick of seeing Indo paks always big mouthing and derailing threads with their sh.t in threads which has no relevance to them!

moinul_huq
June 27, 2017, 10:03 AM
1. Probably the PCB wont give NOCs.
2. We are a bigger market than WI, NZ, Lanka and Zimbabwe so that is a poor argument against hosting us.
3. We have to acknowledge that right now those teams are more established brands than us (but not bigger markets).
4. Our curve is upwards and we are the 2nd best side in Asia on potential.

ReZ_1
June 28, 2017, 06:02 AM
2. We are a bigger market than WI, NZ, Lanka and Zimbabwe so that is a poor argument against hosting us.
3. We have to acknowledge that right now those teams are more established brands than us (but not bigger markets).

I think this summarizes the previous discussion in this thread.. :up:

SA league and ours will run at the same time. So it will be a great contest..

MalikBro
June 28, 2017, 06:57 PM
Hey Malik, how you doing man?

Sorry I don't remember congratulating you after that match, I was too sad and heartbroken to do that, belated congratulations on the win buddy and Eid Mubarak to you and your family :)

I now seriously want a bilateral series between us just so that we can thrash your flying a$$es back to stone ages and show you who is the real boss :D

Thanks. And likewise.

Now you want bilateral series? :lol:

It is best to take some time off and let us enjoy the memory of Champion Trophy 17 until ODI WC 19. I am sure our memory of victory might be short-lived given that Pakistan is yet to beat in ODI and T20 WC. :-|

That being said, Pakistan does own India by huge margins in terms of overall record. Not to mention, Pakistan did beat India in India not long ago. You sure you want revenge series? :D

aklemalp
June 28, 2017, 06:59 PM
Get back to the topic of the thread guys... if you want you can open a new thread discussing this. I will add my opinion into as well.

Come on, let's do it.

Please mods, don't ban me for going off topic.

MalikBro
June 28, 2017, 07:02 PM

At home [Bangladesh], Bangladesh is more economical viable. That is the same with every teams hosting the home series.

Outside the home, it depends on the host and its sponsor. Pakistan's sponsor is Ten Network which has covered for hosting South Africa, Sri Lanka, England, Australia, New Zealand and even West Indies.

Ironically, Ten network is Indian owned.

Pakistan is better off hosting Bangladesh at Bangladesh than at UAE. Given the diplomatic relationship, it is not worth the hassle. :-|

Rifat
June 28, 2017, 08:52 PM
Thanks. And likewise.

Now you want bilateral series? :lol:

It is best to take some time off and let us enjoy the memory of Champion Trophy 17 until ODI WC 19. I am sure our memory of victory might be short-lived given that Pakistan is yet to beat in ODI and T20 WC. :-|

That being said, Pakistan does own India by huge margins in terms of overall record. Not to mention, Pakistan did beat India in India not long ago. You sure you want revenge series? :D

can you please show me the scorecard for the last time India lost to Pakistan in India?

Roy_1
June 29, 2017, 04:34 AM
Get back to the topic of the thread guys... if you want you can open a new thread discussing this. I will add my opinion into as well.

Come on, let's do it.

Please mods, don't ban me for going off topic.

Please stop policing every thread, it's highly irritating, let the people speak their minds, let the mods take care of the law and order in this forum, they are here for a reason.

tiger1000
June 29, 2017, 07:35 AM
At home [Bangladesh], Bangladesh is more economical viable. That is the same with every teams hosting the home series.

Outside the home, it depends on the host and its sponsor. Pakistan's sponsor is Ten Network which has covered for hosting South Africa, Sri Lanka, England, Australia, New Zealand and even West Indies.

Pakistan is better off hosting Bangladesh at Bangladesh than at UAE. Given the diplomatic relationship, it is not worth the hassle. :-|

Am pretty sure ten is not a sponsor, but rather a broadcaster

shujan
June 29, 2017, 08:47 AM

Sounds like cowardice excuse!

Shubho
June 29, 2017, 09:11 AM
How come so many of you are investing so much time and energy to convince a single stubborn Pakmystaniyan about something that has nothing to do with potential big-name signings in the BPL?

Let it go, people. Pakmystaniyans will never be convinced; grant them their delusions.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2017, 09:27 AM

Bangladesh is uncharted territory when it comes to oversea. Time will tell, but personally, i would love to see PCB hosting Bangladesh in UAE. It is just wishful thinking since it is hard to tell whether it is financially viable for PCB to host Bangladesh or not. Again, we are talking about the perspective from PCB.Salaam,
In recent overseas series, BD-NZ, BD-SL, BD-NZ-IRE all major sponsors were BD corporations. There were 11 companies sponsoring the Tri-Nation at Ireland. Title sponsor and everything else. :)

My Perspective is reality. 1.27 Pakistani rupees = 1 taka. That is all. Have a great day.

Roy_1
June 29, 2017, 09:45 AM
Salaam,

My Perspective is reality. 1.27 Pakistani rupees = 1 taka. That is all. Have a great day.

Whoa, didn't know that, although not surprising since BD has been doing exceptionally good economy wise for quite some now, I remember listening to Amartya Sen sometimes ago where he was emphasizing on how BD is doing better than both India and Pak in some social indicators.

aklemalp
June 29, 2017, 12:12 PM
Please stop policing every thread, it's highly irritating, let the people speak their minds, let the mods take care of the law and order in this forum, they are here for a reason.

Oh Roy bro, sorry for that...It is noted:)

Peace and love bro:big_hug::big_hug:

brockley
June 29, 2017, 01:58 PM
BCB will get players despite Saffie's comp,just not the cream like Bravo or Gayle.

Roy_1
June 29, 2017, 03:05 PM
Oh Roy bro, sorry for that...It is noted:)

Peace and love bro:big_hug::big_hug:

Peace and love to you too man, apologies if I came out harsh, let's keep the moderators busy, there are plenty of them here :lol:

Vepu
June 30, 2017, 07:41 AM
Peace and love to you too man, apologies if I came out harsh, let's keep the moderators busy, there are plenty of them here
what kind of sig is that bro! heartbreak? :lol:

Roy_1
June 30, 2017, 08:01 AM
what kind of sig is that bro! heartbreak? :lol:

Lol, no bro, just a late realization that nothing is more divine in this world than "Robindro Songeet",and this is coming from a hardcore rock/metal nerd.

Shaan
June 30, 2017, 08:30 AM
Lol, no bro, just a late realization that nothing is more divine in this world than "Robindro Songeet",and this is coming from a hardcore rock/metal nerd.

arre Roy dada, tahole Rabindro sangeet e shanti khuje peyechen :)

it's true nohting can beat Rabindro sangeet :up:

Roy_1
June 30, 2017, 10:00 AM
arre Roy dada, tahole Rabindro sangeet e shanti khuje peyechen :)

it's true nohting can beat Rabindro sangeet :up:

Finally embracing my roots dada, this is just so peaceful and mesmerizing at the same time, even five Nobel prizes would not have truly justified the unreal talent Kobiguru had :notworthy::notworthy:

mufi_02
June 30, 2017, 10:07 AM
Finally embracing my roots dada, this is just so peaceful and mesmerizing at the same time, even five Nobel prizes would not have truly justified the unreal talent Kobiguru had :notworthy::notworthy:

you should listen to Arnob's rendition of this song. simply amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYQZcOyUg80

Roy_1
June 30, 2017, 10:13 AM
you should listen to Arnob's rendition of this song. simply amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYQZcOyUg80

I did Mufi da, absolute dope!!

Yankees
June 30, 2017, 03:05 PM
BPL had huge financial issue despite hosting at home . Whereas PSL has been successful in oversea especially the [B]inexpensive UAE. PSL has been hosted twice and both editions have been successful so far.

I am glad PCB was slow and took the time with PSL while BCB hastened with BPL which exposed the matter of fact that BPL was not ready to begin with. :facepalm:

Was ored waiting at the doctor's office so had time to read through this thread. I can't believe you guys are wasting time arguing with a guy that doesn't know the difference between expensive and inexpensive. Has MalikBro become the new Austin?? Maybe he will go away after Pak's next trashing, much like our Austin bhaiya. :lol:

I will just say this MalikBro, a cricket team's brand is not synonymous with how long they have played cricket or whatever success they had in the bygone era of the 80s or 90s. It has everything to do with how many eyeballs they bring to the TV, and how much those eyeballs are spending on whatever things the sponsors and company ads are selling. This discussion is futile until you can understand that concept.

manny28
July 1, 2017, 08:05 PM
Salaam,
In recent overseas series, BD-NZ, BD-SL, BD-NZ-IRE all major sponsors were BD corporations. There were 11 companies sponsoring the Tri-Nation at Ireland. Title sponsor and everything else. :)

Lol do you even know how currency exchange works? 1 Taka = 1.4 Japanese yen. Now who has a much larger economy? Currency exchange means Jack when comparing market size or economies.

moinul_huq
July 2, 2017, 12:57 AM
Lol do you even know how currency exchange works? 1 Taka = 1.4 Japanese yen. Now who has a much larger economy? Currency exchange means Jack when comparing market size or economies.

Tigers logic was cringeworthy. Bd is richer but ER is not reflective.

ReZ_1
July 2, 2017, 10:12 AM
Cris Lynn is in Khulna.. I am quite excited by his inclusion. Hopefully local players can learn sth about clean hitting.

Shadow
July 3, 2017, 03:14 AM
Kyle Abbot has signed up with Khulna Titans.

ReZ_1
July 5, 2017, 10:39 AM
Dhaka bought Dickwella, but don't know what he will do with sanga and anamul in the team

aklemalp
July 5, 2017, 11:13 AM
^^ Is Dickwella really a big name player?

He was in the limelight for a while. ..until Fakhar stole his thunder :lol:

Speaking of Fakhar, is there any info on the status of Pakistani players competing in the competition?

Shadow
July 5, 2017, 10:44 PM
Lendl Simmons Signed up with Rajshahi.

MHRAM
July 6, 2017, 12:52 AM
Abbott Dickwella don't fit the the definition of "big names"

I wonder what are other franchisee doing. What players do they have in their arsenal. Khulna and Dhaka are already packed.

Or maybe those other sides are keeping their international rooster secret

MHRAM
July 8, 2017, 03:02 AM
Rangpur rider apparently have roped in
Thisara Perera
Ravi Bopara
Samuel Badree
Johnson Charles

They are targeting Chris Gayle and Chris Morris but I am not sure Morris will be playing because of SA T20s

Arafat sunny and Rubel will be retained.

Good team so far. Badree Bopara Perera are good pics. Johnson Charles is quite decent. Gayle- not the player he was.

But good team

Mas_UK25
July 8, 2017, 06:36 AM
Some team doing early business looks good. What about the 2nd and 3rd city? Need to step up. Why isn't Sylhet not sold? Owners named? Time flies, by the time new owners come in, get their backgroom staffs in, time will fly then need to have time to buy players. Hurry up!

MHRAM
July 8, 2017, 07:30 AM
Yeah no update about Sylhet yet.

Btw let's rope in some Zimbabwe players. Waller and Craig Ervine are bossing it.

I mean surely they are better than Dawson, pooran, etc etc

SportingBD
July 8, 2017, 07:47 AM
Very decent picks by Rangpur Riders.

More than decent players taking part this year, IA looking forward to it:)

Mas_UK25
July 8, 2017, 08:45 AM
Someone open a general BPL 5 news, thread. this is about some big players signing up. Because other general news of who is coaching, media coverage, latest news of bpl can be added. To a thread which serves the purpose of all news about the upcoming event.

MHRAM
July 18, 2017, 02:33 AM
So far Comilla has picked

Mohammad Nabi
Angelo Mathews
Hasan Ali
Colin Monroe

And I tell you this is much better foreign quota than Rajshahi who has picked has beens like Franklin Samit Patel and the likes of Waller. Only Simmons is decent. They need Sammy to play

DinRaat.
July 18, 2017, 02:45 AM

Mohammad Nabi
Angelo Mathews
Hasan Ali
Colin Monroe

And I tell you this is much better foreign quota than Rajshahi who has picked has beens like Franklin Samit Patel and the likes of Waller. Only Simmons is decent. They need Sammy to play

Waller is in fine form, mind you.

MHRAM
July 18, 2017, 03:05 AM
Waller is in fine form, mind you.

But when you compare with Monroe Nabi Mathews Hasan Ali... First 3 are IPL veterans. The the 4th is man of tourney of CT.

Waller in respect, meh. He is okay.

Rajshahi should pick someone like Malik Rashid Khan Imad Wasim Nalinga(will be effective against our domestics)

This time around it will be 5 foreigners per side so stacking up foreign options is the way to go.

DD had Sanga bravo Russell

MHRAM
July 18, 2017, 03:08 AM
I would also like to believe that BPL is more lucrative than global T20 seeing the signings so far

DinRaat.
July 18, 2017, 03:44 AM
I will believe it, when I see the players on the field playing, all this looks like speculation/too good to be true. There is a T20 tourney in South africa No?

ReZ_1
July 18, 2017, 06:40 AM

Mohammad Nabi
Angelo Mathews
Hasan Ali
Colin Monroe

They also retained Rashid khan..

MHRAM
July 18, 2017, 06:49 AM
They also retained Rashid khan..

Haven't seen that.

They also have picked
Shoiab Malik
Fahim Ashraf
Imran Khan Junior
Not exctied about the last two

ReZ_1
July 18, 2017, 07:08 AM
Haven't seen that.

They also have picked
Shoiab Malik
Fahim Ashraf
Imran Khan Junior
Not exctied about the last two

Nafisa Kamal told that in a TV interview with coach salauddin.. She was angry as she wants to retain Imrul kayes but BPL committee may make him an icon player.

Imran jr bowled well in last bpl.. something like asela gunaratne, bowls very slow ball at least 80% of the time

MHRAM
July 18, 2017, 09:20 AM
Nafisa Kamal told that in a TV interview with coach salauddin.. She was angry as she wants to retain Imrul kayes but BPL committee may make him an icon player.

Imran jr bowled well in last bpl.. something like asela gunaratne, bowls very slow ball at least 80% of the time

If Rashid is playing then they have a great team.

Who will they play?

Munro
Mathews
Nabi
Rashid
Hasan Ali

Impossible to leave any of these 5 out.

Rinathq
July 19, 2017, 12:42 AM
Much better signings then any previous editions... getting guys like Lynn, Munro, Abbot will definitely attract more players from Australia, New Zealand, England and so on...

MHRAM
July 19, 2017, 01:14 AM
Imagine if only global T20 wasn't on

Malinga Gayle Sammy would all have taken part

ReZ_1
July 19, 2017, 07:13 AM
Much better signings then any previous editions... getting guys like Lynn, Munro, Abbot will definitely attract more players from Australia, New Zealand, England and so on...

How come Abott is playing in BPL leaving his own SA league which is suppose to happen at the same time?

MHRAM
July 19, 2017, 08:09 AM
Abbott and Rossouw have are playing in UK as part of a kolpak deal.

Obviously they aren't SA domestic players anymore.

Yankees
July 23, 2017, 11:57 AM
Scratch out Lynn. He's out with shoulder surgery.

ReZ_1
July 24, 2017, 05:56 AM
5 foreign players confirmed in this BPL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlKGaP-KM70

MHRAM
July 24, 2017, 07:52 AM
That's a stupid decision.

You know why? Because this time BPL will clash with global T20.

I am sick of subpar foreigners. I have no interest to watch Rayad Emrit, old Franklin, etc etc play match after match.

I want to see our players.

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 09:55 AM
No idea if Fakhar will be playing in this league?

Fazal
July 24, 2017, 10:13 AM
Why the teams decides 4 players vs 5 players? Why not BCB decide based on what is good for the country?

Personally I prefer 4 foreign players. BPL should not be all about money making machine, they need to think long term benefit and how it will help develop our young players. I would rather sacrifice a little bit of quality if that means more young Bangladeshi players get a chance of their own tournament.

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 10:15 AM
It's like walking on a tightrope. Including more foreign players per side will raise the quality of cricket, while decreasing will limit of top notch cricket.

MHRAM
July 24, 2017, 10:19 AM
It's like walking on a tightrope. Including more foreign players per side will raise the quality of cricket, while decreasing will limit of top notch cricket.

Top notch cricket by picking mediocre cricketers?

I think it's best for our cricket if we get to see 7 locals with 4 quality international cricketers.

Bear in mind quality of foreign players in BPL isn't satisfactory

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 10:22 AM
Mediocre players are sometimes the best ;)

Fazal
July 24, 2017, 10:28 AM
Mediocre players are sometimes the best ;)

mediocre or low profile?

I would rather see a low profile good player than a superstar over the hill. For example last time Afridi came, it was waste of money and slot. I would rather see some of the low profile talented players from associate countries.

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 10:30 AM
mediocre or low profile?

I would rather see a low profile good player than a superstar over the hill. For example last time Afridi came, it was waste of money and slot. I would rather see some of the low profile talented players from associate countries.

I think MHRAM was referring to low profile...

Rayad Emrit single-handedly won a game for his BPL team last year.

Mas_UK25
July 24, 2017, 11:01 AM
Why the heck they named Sylhet as Surma Sixes? Wth is this? Just stupid. If they go by the whats in the region as some sort heritage of the place then, some team from Padma river region should been called Padma Pirates, Or rajshahi aam/mangos!. This isn't local sub-district tournament. Need the 'Sylhet' name on team title, no one knows Surma even half of elsewhere probably does not know where Surma River is, let alone outsiders. I just hate this idea, can't show my displeasure enough!

I'll be supporting Rangpur Riders.

Mas_UK25
July 24, 2017, 11:05 AM
Fair enough if it was, 'Sylhet Surma'. Oh man I can't believe no one in Sylhet protesting about this name. the brand sylhet is gone missing from the title. Having Sylhet as name represents the whole division. Surma is in Sylhet city, Sub-district!

Fazal
July 24, 2017, 11:49 AM
Unofficial Team Logo of Surma Six...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e1/57/a9/e157a9896c5ec9f7030c6b20f5d68625.jpg

Mas_UK25
July 24, 2017, 12:38 PM
I don't see why some people dislike the 6+5 rule. There's an extra side added, not enough good domestic players, 5international players will make it more interesting. It's an international event, branding it world wide. I like it.

I have better plan for BPL. Be the first one. Have 10 teams next year, play once only. Most of the matches are in neutral ground anyway. Until stadiums and accommodations available in teams regions, then play home and away. For now it be better to have 10-teams play against each other one match each. Bit like the Rugby six nation format!

Mas_UK25
July 24, 2017, 01:05 PM
Going by FB reports. Sylhet has signed foreig players, as follows:
Alex Hales, David Malan, Chris Jordan, Darren Sammy, Mohammad Sami.

Not sure if it's confirmed.

Sabbir Rahman is the icon player. Hope he isn't the captain.

SportingBD
July 24, 2017, 02:30 PM

Oh my God.. OH MY GOD! my heart is beating... this can't be true...

Sabbir Icon? Alex Hales? Sammy? I really hope its true...

SportingBD
July 24, 2017, 02:30 PM
Sylhet gonna take over everything..

move over boys....

fush_montor
July 24, 2017, 03:08 PM
Fair enough if it was, 'Sylhet Surma'. Oh man I can't believe no one in Sylhet protesting about this name. the brand sylhet is gone missing from the title. Having Sylhet as name represents the whole division. Surma is in Sylhet city, Sub-district!

what are you on about?? Surma is an international river with a length of over 550 miles...and people from the north-eastern region do associate themselves with the river and adore the name Surma .. albeit it wud probably be wiser to retain the name of Sylhet but Surma Sixers isn't that bad...specially when you have teams like Comilla Victorians(?)..a team named after a pre-modern time period..lemme guess, some 'khet' owner must've thought that victorian means 'someone who is victorious'?!...lmao

FunFact: did you know the name of india originated from the river Indus, which ironically flows through pakistan (and is their national river as well)?

SportingBD
July 24, 2017, 03:14 PM
what are you on about?? Surma is an international river with a length of over 550 miles...and people from the north-eastern region do associate themselves with the river and adore the name Surma .. albeit it wud probably be wiser to retain the name of Sylhet but Surma Sixers isn't that bad...specially when you have teams like Comilla Victorians(?)..a team named after a pre-modern time period..lemme guess, some 'khet' owner must've thought that victorian means 'someone who is victorious'?!...lmao

FunFact: did you know the name of india originated from the river Indus, which ironically flows through pakistan (and is their national river as well)?

What is Surma? everyone knows Sylhet for Hazrath Shahjajal (RA).

Why not call it Sylhet Saints?

NoName
July 24, 2017, 03:26 PM

I thought Sammy was going to play in the SA league

SportingBD
July 24, 2017, 03:32 PM
I thought Sammy was going to play in the SA league

I think that FB page is not authentic.

NoName
July 24, 2017, 03:41 PM
Yeh afaik most, if not all, the WI players are taking part in the SA T20 league.

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 03:42 PM
Is Mohammad Sami still playing cricket?

Last I saw of him, he looked very overweight.

fush_montor
July 24, 2017, 03:54 PM
What is Surma? everyone knows Sylhet for Hazrath Shahjajal (RA).

Why not call it Sylhet Saints?

infact Hajrat ShahJalals most famous legend is associated with Surma...Legend has it that he miraculously crossed the river Surma on a floating prayer mat when he entered Sylhet for the first time...and i'm surprised that you are a Bangladeshi and haven't heard of Surma? not even the immortal song "ei padma ei meghna ei jamuna suroma nodi tote"?? really???

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 03:56 PM
Why is Syhlet getting all this attention?

SportingBD
July 24, 2017, 03:57 PM
infact Hajrat ShahJalals most famous legend is associated with Surma...Legend has it that he miraculously crossed the river Surma on a floating prayer mat when he entered Sylhet for the first time...and i'm surprised that you are a Bangladeshi and haven't heard of Surma? not even the immortal song "ei padma ei meghna ei jamuna suroma nodi tote"?? really???

Yeah, heard the story about crossing the river.

but Sylhet Saints has a better theme, relates to the identify others know Sylhet by.

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 03:58 PM
New Orleans already have Saints

SportingBD
July 24, 2017, 04:01 PM
New Orleans already have Saints

Are they like real saints?

Like in Sylhet, more than 300 saints/righteous people came and conquered the country.

The spread of Islam started from Sylhet, before that majority were hindu people.

It has deep meaning, hence I thought Sylhet Saints would be nice.

NoName
July 24, 2017, 04:05 PM
About Mohammad Sami....... that dude is involved in a fixing case/allegation with U.Akmal :lol:

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 04:08 PM
New Orleans has a large Catholic population.

The reason they're called the Saints is because the team was established on November 1st, which is also All Saints day.

SportingBD
July 24, 2017, 04:12 PM
I see. Sylhet is known for the home of many saints.

Many people from overseas when they visit Bangladesh try to visit those places.

I think as Sylheti fan, most would love to have that name, as it relates to our history.

Yankees
July 24, 2017, 04:38 PM
I think Surma is fine. But this might piss off a lot of Sylhetis.

aklemalp
July 24, 2017, 06:12 PM
About Mohammad Sami....... that dude is involved in a fixing case/allegation with U.Akmal :lol:

What?! Really?

Umar Akmal was never involved in a fixing case

ReZ_1
July 24, 2017, 07:18 PM
Ok.. 6x8=48 players this time compared to 7x7=49 players last time. So not much of a difference in getting an opportunity in playing 11.

But if teams have 5 foreign players they are expected to play them in key positions. like in batting there will be atleast couple who will bat in the top four and also during bowling in crunch time or last over there will always have some foreign player to bowl that over(ideally). So although we have 6 local players in each team but I am afraid behind the icon and foreign players they will be shadowed.

Night_wolf
July 24, 2017, 08:08 PM
sylet surma? lol

DinRaat.
July 24, 2017, 08:10 PM
Guys ready for another blistering T20 Hundred by the vampire.

NoName
July 24, 2017, 11:34 PM
What?! Really?

Umar Akmal was never involved in a fixing case

Google 'Sami/U.Akmal fixing', they're under investigation for spot-fixing.

MHRAM
July 25, 2017, 08:16 AM
Luke Wright to RK.

So much for glbal T20

Rinathq
July 25, 2017, 10:21 AM
Luke Wright to RK.

So much for glbal T20

Luke is a sick T20 player. He lights up Big Bash, English T20 regularly. Good signing

MHRAM
July 25, 2017, 12:49 PM
We haven't even heard anything from Barisal or ctg camp yet.

Heard Sylhet have roped in Jordan and Malan.

Definitely has been the most semi star studded BPL ever. If only BPL was made home and away.

MHRAM
July 25, 2017, 01:07 PM
So the top players so far:

Afridi
Amir
Malik
Luke Wright
Watson
Sangakkara
Riley Rossow
Nabi
Mathews
Hassan Ali
Evin Lewis
Sunil Narine
Simmons
Badree
Thisara Perera
Dawid Malan(yeah he can play)
Kyle Abott
Colin Munroe
Rashid Khan
Graeme Cremer

I am also expecting to see a bit of Dwayne Smith, the U-19 WC winning fast bowler, tendoeschate, Brendan Taylor, Kusal Mendis, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman

NoName
July 25, 2017, 03:16 PM
Do the Paks even have a NOC?

Mas_UK25
July 27, 2017, 02:52 PM
Heard George Baily is coming to play for SSS

MHRAM
July 27, 2017, 03:01 PM
Heard George Baily is coming to play for SSS

That's not a bad thing at all.

fush_montor
July 27, 2017, 05:25 PM
Narangoda Liyanaarachchilage Thisara Chirantha Perera...now that's a "big name" player right there! Well done Rangpur..

DinRaat.
July 27, 2017, 06:53 PM
Narangoda Liyanaarachchilage Thisara Chirantha Perera...now that's a "big name" player right there! Well done Rangpur..

Lol,young one look at Heraths name.

DinRaat.
July 27, 2017, 06:53 PM

Herath Mudiyanselage Rangana Keerthi Bandara Herath

sojjon
July 28, 2017, 10:03 AM
Chris Gayle play in Ranpur Riders , Shahid Afridi and Mohaamed amir will play for Dhaka Dynamites. Chris Lynn in khulna titans but he is uncertain due to injury.
more update you will get after bpl 2017 (http://www.worldcup2018football.com/bpl-2017-player-list-schedule-player-draft-auction-news/) auction

NoName
July 28, 2017, 11:30 AM
Gayle only going to show up for last few matches, take a performing player's spot, flop make some good money and leave.

Fazal
July 28, 2017, 12:51 PM
What a,wastage of money.

Mas_UK25
July 28, 2017, 06:05 PM
Gayle has been a passenger for many years now. I don't know why teams still bother with these out of date player. Lewis is better. Gayle is past it, just living off his past. I guess teams want to hype and brand off his name but come on he will only play few games what is the point? If it was least half then fine. This dude is just too lucky, his past will give him easy money for few more years. What has he done last 14month in T20s?

MHRAM
August 6, 2017, 12:51 PM
Comilla official page has said that they have confirmed the participation of joss Buttler

Yes joss Buttler

Samuel and Fakhar o khelbe

aklemalp
August 6, 2017, 01:37 PM
Damn, that is already shaping up to be a good squad.

Yankees
August 6, 2017, 01:51 PM
Gayle has been a passenger for many years now. I don't know why teams still bother with these out of date player. Lewis is better. Gayle is past it, just living off his past. I guess teams want to hype and brand off his name but come on he will only play few games what is the point? If it was least half then fine. This dude is just too lucky, his past will give him easy money for few more years. What has he done last 14month in T20s?

I agree with some of these things. Gayle is way past his prime. But to say he's lucky is wrong. He is now reaping the benefit of being one of the most deadliest hitters in the game. Plus he's got a wonderful personality and every country's fans love him. He brings people to the game and that's mainly why he will still get big contracts for another 2-3 years.

shabbir
August 7, 2017, 02:47 AM
Comilla victorians has signed up Jos Butler for Bpl,read in fb,if it is true,it will be good pick for them.

MHRAM
August 7, 2017, 04:17 AM
Williamson coming to play BPL this is bigger news because he is a captain and plays all formats

Night_wolf
August 7, 2017, 06:58 AM
are these signings for real? or hoax?

MHRAM
August 7, 2017, 07:54 AM
are these signings for real? or hoax?

Pretty much real because confirmation has come from the owners themselves or the official fan Pages

brockley
September 9, 2017, 04:01 AM
Bump isn't the auction due soon.

MHRAM
September 9, 2017, 04:49 AM
4 days infact but no idea about the draft list for foreign players

brockley
September 9, 2017, 05:18 PM
They should have had their auction before GLOBAL INC,plus no Pakistanis,sides look short of quality talent.

ReZ_1
September 10, 2017, 12:56 AM
Now can we increase our local player quota to 7?

brockley
September 14, 2017, 11:13 PM
Draft on Saturday,according to Cricinfo.

brockley
September 15, 2017, 04:27 AM
Anyone know who on list for auction,their over 200 players on auction tomorrow?

brockley
September 15, 2017, 04:40 PM
http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2017/09/15/media-release-bangladesh-premier-league-bpl-t20-2017-player-draft-2/
Coverage of draft today.

brockley
September 16, 2017, 01:18 AM
Rabbithole YouTube Channel.
Go to FACEBOOK,IT LIVE NOW.

5tonne
September 16, 2017, 02:54 AM
You are showing lot of interest in this year's Bpl, brockley. Do you know lot of participating players?

Night_wolf
September 16, 2017, 02:57 AM
why are they picking pak players? I thought pak will be running its own T20 during bpl

brockley
September 16, 2017, 03:14 AM
Just curious the ambiguous nature of pick this and pick that bored me so I turned off.
Guess I will have 2 wait to Cricinfo on who signed who.
Nah not really except Mustifizur.

5tonne
September 16, 2017, 04:17 AM
This is what Prothom Alo reported so far:

Rajshahi kings-
Mustafiz
Mushfiqur
Jakir Hossain (wk)
Mehidy Miraz

Dhaka Dynamites-
Abu Haider
Jahirul Islam

Khulna Titans-
Nazmul Hossain
Abu Jayed

Chittagong Vikings-
Sanjamul Islam
Al Amin Jr

Rongpur Riders-
Shahriar Nafees
Najmul Opu

Sylhet-
Abul Hassan
Shuvagoto Hom

Comilla-
Arafat Sunny
Al Amin (pacer)

Cricket4All
September 16, 2017, 05:01 AM
Squads

Chittagong Vikings: Misbah-ul-Haq, Anamul Haque (wk), Soumya Sarkar, Luke Ronchi (wk), Jermine Blackwood, Sikandar Raza, Liam Dawson, Jeevan Mendis, Taskin Ahmed, Subashis Roy, Sunzamul Islam, Al-Amin, Alauddin Babu, Tanbir Hayder, Najibullah Zadran, Luis Reece, Irfan Sukkur, Naeem Hasan, Yasir Arafat

Comilla Victorians: Imrul Kayes, Tamim Iqbal, Marlon Samuels, Darren Bravo, Shoaib Malik, Jos Buttler, Liton Das (wk), Mohammad Saifuddin, Fahim Ashraf, Mohammed Nabi, Rashid Khan, Hassan Ali, Imran Khan Jr, Al-Amin Hossain, Arafat Sunny, Alok Kapali, Mahedi Hasan, Solomon Mire, Rumman Raees, Mehedi Hasan Rana, Enamul Haque, Raqibul Hasan

Dhaka Dynamites: Mehedi Maruf, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Evin Lewis, Cameron Delport, Mosaddek Hossain, Shakib Al Hasan, Shane Watson, Kevon Cooper, Rovman Powell, Shahid Afridi, Sunil Narine, Graeme Cremer, Mohammad Shahid, Mohammed Amir, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Ronsford Beaton, Abu Hider, Jahurul Islam, Nadif Chowdhury, Saqlain Sajib, Joe Denly, Akeal Hosein, Syed Khaled Ahmed, Shadman Islam, Noor Hossain Saddam

Khulna Titans: Rillee Roussow, Dawid Malan, Ariful Haque, Mahmudullah, Chadwick Walton, Sarfraz Ahmed, Carlos Brathwaite, Seekkuge Prasanna, Shadab Khan, Mosharraf Hossain, Kyle Abbott, Benny Howell, Junaid Khan, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Abu Jayed Rahi, Afif Hossain, Yasir Ali Chowdhury, Shehan Jayasurya, Jofra Archer, Imran Ali, Mukter Ali, Dhiman Ghosh, Saif Hassan

Rajshahi Kings: Mominul Haque, Luke Wright, Lendl Simmons, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Malcom Waller, James Franklin, Farhad Reza, Darren Sammy, Samit Patel, Mehidy Hasan, Kesrick Williams, Mohammad Sami, Mustafizur Rahman, Zakir Hasan, Nihaduzzaman, Rony Talukdar, Usama Mir, Raja Ali Dar, Hossain Ali, Naeem Islam jnr, Kazi Anik

Rangpur Riders: Adam Lyth, Kusal Perera, Johnson Charles, Mohammad Mithun, Ravi Bopara, Thisara Perera, David Willey, Sohag Gazi, Samuel Badree, Rubel Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Shahriar Nafees, Nazmul Islam Apu, Ziaur Rahman, Fazle Mahmud, Sam Hain, Samiullah Shenwari, Abdur Razzak, Ebadat Hossain, Elias Sunny, Nahidul Islam, Zahir Khan

Sylhet Sixers: Babar Azam, Andre Fletcher, Davy Jacobs, Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Andre McCarthy, Ross Whiteley, Nurul Hasan, Dasun Shanaka, Taijul Islam, Wanidu Hasaranga, Liam Plunkett, Usman Khan Shinwari, Krismar Santokei, Abul Hasan, Shuvagata Hom, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Nabil Samad, Chaturanga de Silva, Ghulam Mudasser Khan, Mohammad Sharif, Imtiaz Hossain, Mohammad Sharifullah

Night_wolf
September 16, 2017, 05:09 AM
this was one of the most boring drafts ever, all the big names were signed off before the draft, this draft was not needed at all

BD_TigerZ
September 16, 2017, 05:30 AM
Hoping we get some flat surfaces ffs not too much to ask for but the bolods keep getting it wrong.

Out_You_Go
September 16, 2017, 06:36 AM
Comilla -

Tamim, Mire, Samuels, Malik, Buttler, Nabi, Saifuddin :- that middle order tho.. O.O

MHRAM
September 16, 2017, 06:37 AM
So many no named

Shadow
September 16, 2017, 06:47 AM
The Mirpur ground wasn't very suitable for playing after the refurbishment. We have to see what BCB does. They have to go back to planting Bermuda grass.

tiger1000
September 16, 2017, 08:03 AM
Hoping we get some flat surfaces ffs not too much to ask for but the bolods keep getting it wrong.

I don't want a complete flat 220 pitch that's not did to watch, neither is a 120 pitch like they've given

Needs to be par 160-180 wickets, so you can have good bowling to keep it under 140 or good batting to take it over 200

aklemalp
September 16, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quite a good number of Afghans in there.

5tonne
September 16, 2017, 08:55 AM
The Mirpur ground wasn't very suitable for playing after the refurbishment. We have to see what BCB does. They have to go back to planting Bermuda grass.

BCB will do jack. They move their a**es when ICC make them to. They won't take any measures for BPL. BPL will be played on crappy surfaces as usual.

iDumb
September 16, 2017, 09:09 AM
Comilla -

Tamim, Mire, Samuels, Malik, Buttler, Nabi, Saifuddin :- that middle order tho.. O.O

Comilla squad way out of league from the rest if all players are available in my opnion. This team can challenge some IPL team i think

rest are blah.. usually dhaka gets good squad but blah..

and Tamim out of chittagong feels odd

5tonne
September 16, 2017, 10:33 AM
So, no one in Sylhet could come up with a name other than balantly copying from Sydney Sixers?

tiger1000
September 16, 2017, 10:55 AM
Comilla squad way out of league from the rest if all players are available in my opnion. This team can challenge some IPL team i think

Dhaka are well balanced

Explosive top, stable middle and good bowling line up

MarufH
September 16, 2017, 11:25 AM
Comilla is wayyyy too strong this year.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Marlon Samuels (O)
4. Jos Buttler (O)
5. Shoaib Malik (O)
6. Alok Kapali
7. Liton Das (wk)
8. Mohammad Saifuddin
9. Arafat Sunny
10. Rashid Khan (O)
11. Hassan Ali (O)

12. Darren Bravo

Bench: Mohammed Nabi, Fahim Ashraf, Imran Khan Jr, Al-Amin Hossain, Mahedi Hasan, Solomon Mire, Rumman Raees, Mehedi Hasan Rana, Enamul Haque, Raqibul Hasan

Out_You_Go
September 16, 2017, 03:39 PM

Agree. Honestly, if I am Comilla.. I would not need any foreign bowler if I had that batting lineup!

tiger1000
September 16, 2017, 04:09 PM
Agree. Honestly, if I am Comilla.. I would not need any foreign bowler if I had that batting lineup!

Always need bowlers,

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Marlon Samuels (O)
4. Jos Buttler (O)
5. Darren Bravo (O)
6. Nabi (O)
7. Liton Das (wk)
8. Mohammad Saifuddin
9. Arafat Sunny
10. Rashid Khan (O)
11. Al Amin Hossain

MarufH
September 16, 2017, 04:35 PM
Okay, I lied. Dhaka is even stronger!!!

Dhaka Dynamites:
1. Mehedi Maruf
2, Evin Lewis (O)
3. Kumar Sangakkara (wk) (O)
4. Jahurul Islam/Shadman Islam
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mosaddek Hossain
7. Shahid Afridi (O)
8. Sunil Narine (O)
9. Abu Hider
10. Saqlain Sajib
11. Mohammed Amir (O)

12. Shane Watson

Bench: Cameron Delport, Kevon Cooper, Rovman Powell, Graeme Cremer, Mohammad Shahid, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Ronsford Beaton, Nadif Chowdhury, Joe Denly, Akeal Hosein, Syed Khaled Ahmed, Noor Hossain Saddam

brockley
September 16, 2017, 06:30 PM
Who are all the Afghan players know Rashid and Nabi,but not sure of the other?

aklemalp
September 16, 2017, 07:57 PM
No team picked Akeelah Dhananjaya?

DinRaat.
September 16, 2017, 08:03 PM
Always need bowlers,

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Marlon Samuels (O)
4. Jos Buttler (O)
5. Darren Bravo (O)
6. Nabi (O)
7. Liton Das (wk)
8. Mohammad Saifuddin
9. Arafat Sunny
10. Rashid Khan (O)
11. Al Amin Hossain

If Marlon samuels or Darren bravo fails, they can rotate with Solomon Mire.

DinRaat.
September 16, 2017, 08:04 PM
Anyone know if Sabbir Rahman is a icon player, would be surprised if he wasn't

5tonne
September 16, 2017, 08:20 PM
^Yes he is. Can't remember for which franchise but he is.

Out_You_Go
September 17, 2017, 04:25 AM
Always need bowlers,

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Marlon Samuels (O)
4. Jos Buttler (O)
5. Darren Bravo (O)
6. Nabi (O)
7. Liton Das (wk)
8. Mohammad Saifuddin
9. Arafat Sunny
10. Rashid Khan (O)
11. Al Amin Hossain

Well, I wouldnt play Kayes and Bravo when I can replace them with Mire and Malik.. both of whom can bowl pace and spin respectively. Instead of Rashid, I'd play Enamul Haque. Plus, I dont see why I need Liton when Buttler is a better bat and can keep. Instead, I would play Kapali in place of Liton.

So here goes mine:

Tamim
Mire (O)
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)(W)
Nabi (O)
Kapali
Saifuddin
Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain
Enamul Haque

You have : Mire, Saifuddin, Al-Amin (pacers), Samuels, Malik, Nabi, Enamul Haque, Sunny (spinners, of which the first 3 are top-class T20 bowlers), Kapali (occasional leg spin)

I dont think there's more balanced squad than this for Commila. You have an explosive line-up till Saifuddin, all of whom are proper bat + Sunny who can hold his ground. Pretty sure this side can chase down any target probably below 200.

DinRaat.
September 17, 2017, 04:36 AM
I am telling you guys mark my words, Sabbir will light this tournament up, hopefully he gets another blistering hundred......And still fail to win the match for his team :facepalm:

tiger1000
September 17, 2017, 05:19 AM
Well, I wouldnt play Kayes and Bravo when I can replace them with Mire and Malik.. both of whom can bowl pace and spin respectively. Instead of Rashid, I'd play Enamul Haque. Plus, I dont see why I need Liton when Buttler is a better bat and can keep. Instead, I would play Kapali in place of Liton.

So here goes mine:

Tamim
Mire (O)
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)(W)
Nabi (O)
Kapali
Saifuddin
Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain
Enamul Haque

You have : Mire, Saifuddin, Al-Amin (pacers), Samuels, Malik, Nabi, Enamul Haque, Sunny (spinners, of which the first 3 are top-class T20 bowlers), Kapali (occasional leg spin)

I dont think there's more balanced squad than this for Commila. You have an explosive line-up till Saifuddin, all of whom are proper bat + Sunny who can hold his ground. Pretty sure this side can chase down any target probably below 200.

But that's a team to dominate until the semis, bowling is far too light

Let's not forget this is for the benefit for our players

Guys like malik are not better than Das, saying that mire? He can't bowl or bat better than Rashid

Al Amin is a wicket taker but expensive, barring sunny 2.0 who I haven't seen properly, this bowling line up will get ate up eventually and has Samuels as the only consistent batsman to bail them out

Leaving out kayes and bravo... That I can't argue with, but I'll keep kayes as he's a domestic player, others aren't that much better than him barring Samuels and Buttler

Out_You_Go
September 17, 2017, 05:41 AM
But that's a team to dominate until the semis, bowling is far too light

Let's not forget this is for the benefit for our players

Guys like malik are not better than Das, saying that mire? He can't bowl or bat better than Rashid

Al Amin is a wicket taker but expensive, barring sunny 2.0 who I haven't seen properly, this bowling line up will get ate up eventually and has Samuels as the only consistent batsman to bail them out

Leaving out kayes and bravo... That I can't argue with, but I'll keep kayes as he's a domestic player, others aren't that much better than him barring Samuels and Buttler

I see your point but Comilla's bowling squad is thin anyway, barring Rashid.

As for Mire vs Rashid, the former is undoubtedly the better bat and latter the better bowl. So this is tricky. As for Malik, he is a waayy better bat than Liton, just watch the recent games vs World XI. He also adds bowling depth which Liton doesnt + his experience.

The only team that can probably eat the said bowling line-up is Dhaka. As for others, I doubt it.

Anyways, if I court in your suggestions, then probably we can agree on this :-

Tamim
Liton
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)(WK)
Nabi (O)
Saifuddin
Rashid (O)
Arafat Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain
Enamul Haque

If you want to play an extra bat, swap in Kapali for Enamul. If extra bowler, than Enamul.

Cricket4All
September 17, 2017, 06:21 AM
This is my CoV playing eleven :

Tamim
LItton
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)(W)
Nabi (O)
Kapali
Saifuddin
Rashid Khan (O)
Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain

tiger1000
September 17, 2017, 08:13 AM
I see your point but Comilla's bowling squad is thin anyway, barring Rashid.

As for Mire vs Rashid, the former is undoubtedly the better bat and latter the better bowl. So this is tricky. As for Malik, he is a waayy better bat than Liton, just watch the recent games vs World XI. He also adds bowling depth which Liton doesnt + his experience.

The only team that can probably eat the said bowling line-up is Dhaka. As for others, I doubt it.

Anyways, if I court in your suggestions, then probably we can agree on this :-

Tamim
Liton
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)(WK)
Nabi (O)
Saifuddin
Rashid (O)
Arafat Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain
Enamul Haque

If you want to play an extra bat, swap in Kapali for Enamul. If extra bowler, than Enamul.

I can agree with that team, my main issue was I don't want our young talent on the bench (Das)

I would have kapali, enamul imrul on rotation

So possibly

Tamim
Liton
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)(WK)
Nabi (O)
Kapali
Saifuddin
Rashid (O)
Arafat Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain

Or

Tamim
Imrul
Liton WK
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)
Nabi (O)
Saifuddin
Rashid (O)
Arafat Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain

Last one probably has the most protection for batting and has 16 experiences overs and Saifuddin, with Samuels and malik if they need, which they shouldn't

Out_You_Go
September 17, 2017, 09:13 AM
I can agree with that team, my main issue was I don't want our young talent on the bench (Das)

I would have kapali, enamul imrul on rotation

So possibly

Tamim
Liton
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)(WK)
Nabi (O)
Kapali
Saifuddin
Rashid (O)
Arafat Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain

Or

Tamim
Imrul
Liton WK
Samuels (O)
Malik (O)
Buttler (O)
Nabi (O)
Saifuddin
Rashid (O)
Arafat Sunny
Al-Amin Hossain

Last one probably has the most protection for batting and has 16 experiences overs and Saifuddin, with Samuels and malik if they need, which they shouldn't

Makes sense but I discourage the last line up. I wouln't play Liton and Imrul both at top. Only one - preferably Liton as he has more prospect. Imrul will have once in a blue moon good innings and that's about it. Instead of him, I'd add an extra bowler.