PDA

View Full Version : The could've been 2017 Zimbabwe squad

Gowza
June 29, 2017, 09:22 AM
its such a shame to see Zimbabwe fall away so badly. I hope they can make a come back. Here is a group of players that they could've had around their squad if things had gone their way:

Tom curran - 28 FC average in county cricket
Sam curran - 30 FC average in county
Ben curran - plays for notts 2nd xi
Brendan Taylor - 40 FC average
Sean Ervine - 36 FC average, plays county
Gary Ballance - 49 FC average, has played for England
Kyle Jarvis - 26 FC average, county
Hilton Cartwright - has played for Australia, 52 FC average
Peter Younghusband - plays for Wellington
Shane Snater - plays for Netherlands
Colin de grandhomme - plays for NZ

Add the above players to the current squad which includes players like Sean Williams, Craig ervine, Ryan burl, tendai chatara, peter moor, Cremer.

MHRAM
June 29, 2017, 09:31 AM
We would lose against their best possible XI
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2017, 09:34 AM
I don't know any of the currans. 25-30 avg in County = less than 20-25 in international cricket. That is the norm. Are they better than the Masakadzas? If not, then they don't bring anything extra to the table. Taibu is missed.

Gowza
June 29, 2017, 09:52 AM
I don't know any of the currans. 25-30 avg in County = less than 20-25 in international cricket. That is the norm. Are they better than the Masakadzas? If not, then they don't bring anything extra to the table. Taibu is missed.

Tom and Sam are pace bowlers, think Ben is a batsman.

Kohli_Sox
June 29, 2017, 12:12 PM
Its a good team but they would lose to bd

Gowza
June 29, 2017, 06:39 PM
Its a good team but they would lose to bd

Maybe in ODIs but in tests I think it would be quite close.

Yankees
June 29, 2017, 07:50 PM
Its such a shame. I really think this is why cricket could benefit from a FIFA like structure, where club sports run throughout the year and international competition every 2-4 years. Players shouldn't have to choose between their financial security and playing for their country.

Shingara
June 30, 2017, 03:00 AM
There was a time when Andy Flower would make us look like noobs. It's a shame what that pleb Mugabe did!

DinRaat.
June 30, 2017, 06:00 AM
If they win this match, it will send shock waves to the cricketing world, to not ignore Zimbabwe. Listen with Taylor they have a good squad, drop Mazakasda. I still believe if Zimbabwe had their original squad with the likes of balance and Cartwright, they would of steamrolled Bangladesh`s suparstarrs

jeesh
June 30, 2017, 06:13 AM
They are doing wonderfully well against Sri Lanka today. Lets hope they can close a win.

NoName
June 30, 2017, 11:49 AM
We would beat their best possible XI in tests and ODIs at home or away.

Although their early 2000s /90s team would beat us in tests and ODIs might be close.

Yankees
June 30, 2017, 12:57 PM
We would beat their best possible XI in tests and ODIs at home or away.

Although their early 2000s /90s team would beat us in tests and ODIs might be close.

Now this is a bit much. You take the players mentioned above and mix and match with the players already in the team, and that team can beat anyone. Can certainly beat our brain farting, inconsistent players. Zim just chased down Sri Lanka with the highest successful chase ever in Sri Lanka.

Roey Haque
July 2, 2017, 05:29 AM
Yes, one can speculate! I come to BC for threads like this.

I think after their win vs SL, Zim is now a dangerous team. And to think how much further they would have gone without all the internal politics, wow.

Night_wolf
July 2, 2017, 05:42 AM
Yes, one can speculate! I come to BC for threads like this.

I think after their win vs SL, Zim is now a dangerous team. And to think how much further they would have gone without all the internal politics, wow.

just lost the 2nd odi without any fight, lost to Scotland couple of days ago. I still wont say zim is a dangerous team

tiger1000
July 5, 2017, 04:31 AM
If they win this match, it will send shock waves to the cricketing world, to not ignore Zimbabwe. Listen with Taylor they have a good squad, drop Mazakasda. I still believe if Zimbabwe had their original squad with the likes of balance and Cartwright, they would of steamrolled Bangladesh`s suparstarrs

Balance is arguably their most talented batsman.

You forget balance played bd and got schooled every time

DinRaat.
July 5, 2017, 06:31 AM
Balance is arguably their most talented batsman.

You forget balance played bd and got schooled every time

Only 2 matches man, come on. He has a hundred against India and West Indies twice.

Plus the legendary brendan Taylor is arguably the greatest batsmen after the flower brothers.

BRMT Taylor is such a legend in fact, he had 2 world cup hundreds back to back and
433 runs at 72.16 average, including 138 off 110 balls against India, made headlines around the world.

I have to wait 10 years to see a bengali player ever do that. BRMT taylor can walk into any side in the world, if he wishes. He is that good. He is also killing it in county recently scored 257

Rifat
July 5, 2017, 09:49 AM
I have to wait 10 years to see a bengali player ever do that.

First Name Mahmudullah, second name Riyad :)

tiger1000
July 6, 2017, 07:19 AM
Only 2 matches man, come on. He has a hundred against India and West Indies twice.

Plus the legendary brendan Taylor is arguably the greatest batsmen after the flower brothers.

BRMT Taylor is such a legend in fact, he had 2 world cup hundreds back to back and
433 runs at 72.16 average, including 138 off 110 balls against India, made headlines around the world.

I have to wait 10 years to see a bengali player ever do that. BRMT taylor can walk into any side in the world, if he wishes. He is that good. He is also killing it in county recently scored 257

I've seen pretty much every balance innings in his career, he's very flawed batsmen, with atrocious footwork, good hands though, hence his domestic stats

The legendary brendan Taylor averages 34 in both formats

You are seriously over rating these guys

I would personally have Taylor over balance