PDA

View Full Version : ***Truth Behind Mustafizur's Struggles***

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 11:17 AM
What happened to him during CT? What caused him to bowl poor line and length? How serious was that injury? How much to blame Walsh for his decline? What's the real reason? Are we missing something out?

patriot
June 30, 2017, 11:59 AM
- The novelty factor has gone. Batsman dont fear him anymore.
- Pace has dropped down considerably. This is down to his injury.
- Most importantly, Lack of a bowling coach who prepares a specific bowling plan/field placements for him. The coach we have right now is a guy on a BCB sponsored holiday. Everytime the camera focuses on him, he is seen on his ipad watching netflix. Heath streak like all other good bowling coaches, used to be at the boundary ropes providing tips to the bowlers in between overs.

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 12:34 PM
The novelty factor has gone. Batsman dont fear him anymore.
This may or may not be true. Could it not be that his novelty factor is more effective in sub-continent wickets compared to say overseas?
I think we may get a clear picture once Fizz starts to bowl again in sub-continent, maybe in august vs. Australia.

We often see some batsman or bowlers struggle in particular countries, could it not be that Fizz style of bowling doesn't suit the English conditions? maybe England is one of those countries where his bowling just wouldn't click?

Once again, we may find out if its only England, when Mustafizur plays for us against SA. If he does well there, maybe it's just that one off country which most batsman or bowlers often underperform in.

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 12:51 PM
Most importantly, Lack of a bowling coach who prepares a specific bowling plan/field placements for him. The coach we have right now is a guy on a BCB sponsored holiday. Everytime the camera focuses on him, he is seen on his ipad watching netflix.
Some of the senior members wanted Walsh to be given some time. But, before CT started, during NZ series, I called for the removal of Courtney Walsh. Under his leadership, the bowling unit has regressed. Let just take away all the wickets Mashrafe has taken for us in the last 2 years, what would that leave Walsh with? a dire bowling attack. In the last two years, our main bowler has been Mashrafe and Shakib, since WC. In my opinion, Mash is actually saving Courtney Walsh's job. I would love to hear the opinion of those seniors that wanted Walsh to be given more time. Not just the seniors, but also the members - what has Walsh contributed to our bowling unit? as we focus on Fizz in this thread - has he helped Fizz?

aklemalp
June 30, 2017, 12:55 PM
Is this another 'Walsh is of no Use' thread?

MHRAM
June 30, 2017, 01:09 PM
Please don't blame Walsh.

He is bowling rubbish lines and lengths and not even the best coaches will be able to help if you don't land the Ball in the right areas.

He was bowling:
1) wide slash me balls
2) full drive me balls
3) legstump deliveries that say "why don't you glance at me"

Instead of blaming it on XYZ let's accept that Fizz had bowled utter tripe and even at 150 those deliveries would have travelled to the boundary, only quicker
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tigers_eye
June 30, 2017, 03:10 PM
Is this another 'Walsh is of no Use' thread?Yup!!!!

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 03:12 PM
You can't avoid Walsh - his the bowling coach.

Needs to be responsible for the failure of the overall bowling unit, not only fizz.

aklemalp
June 30, 2017, 03:16 PM
When are players gonna take responsibility for poor form?

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 03:23 PM
Any particular players that were out of form? who you think should take responsibility?

Did you see how the boys bowled as a unit under heath streak vs. Courtney walsh? do you see any difference?

Also, what do you think about Fizz? what happened to him.

aklemalp
June 30, 2017, 03:33 PM
I know that bowling in the death has improved.

That's the only thing I've noticed.

I have called for the bowling coach to be sacked a while back.

As for mustafizur, I think he's not the same bowler as before he had his surgery. It a work in progress. He is still a wicket taker though.

When I speak of responsibility, I mean that knowing from within that not giving your all, using some common sense...look at speedster Taskin.

Remember that the players are not robots, they are humans, and are capable of making mistakes...taking responsibility for that is the first step in addressing that there's a problem:)

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 03:37 PM
I know that bowling in the death has improved.

That's the only thing I've noticed.

I have called for the bowling coach to be sacked a while back.

As for mustafizur, I think he's not the same bowler as before he had his surgery. It a work in progress. He is still a wicket taker though.

When I speak of responsibility, I mean that knowing from within that not giving your all, using some common sense...look at speedster Taskin.

Remember that the players are not robots, they are humans, and are capable of making mistakes...taking responsibility for that is the first step in addressing that there's a problem:)

Nothing wrong with the point you make, but when it becomes a collective underperformance of bowlers than you tend to question the bowling coach more. Had it been one/two players you can say something like they were out of form. Apart from Mash, the bowling unit, especially pacers hasn't done anything of merit. Can we put that down to not taking responsibility? series after series? or at least the last 12 months? at what stage do we hold the coach responsible for collective failure of the bowling unit?

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 03:40 PM

Do you believe Courtney Walsh is the right coach for the development of Mustafiz?
Can he help Fizz regain his old form?

aklemalp
June 30, 2017, 03:46 PM
Do you believe Courtney Walsh is the right coach for the development of Mustafiz?

No, he needs a pure bowling coach, one who has been in the area of expertise for a while and is proven to the development of players.

We all know that Walsh doesn't fit that category.

Mustafizur needs a more technical coach to work with him.

I have said this before, but I think Jason Gillespie would be great and the ideal guy. He works with the Australian women's team setup.

mij
June 30, 2017, 03:53 PM

I don't think he can, if he is able to he would have done it by now. Walsh is a legend but I think we need someone like Heath streak, who can give our play kick in the back side to perform.

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 03:55 PM
- Pace has dropped down considerably. This is down to his injury.

How long would he need to recovery his pace?
Can he recover his pace? or the extent of his shoulder injury wouldn't allow him to sustain it?

The injury came at very wrong time. Couldn't wait after CT.

aklemalp
June 30, 2017, 03:57 PM
Or maybe Damien Fleming...he is a really good technical guy

godzilla
June 30, 2017, 03:58 PM
Not just fizz, the entire team. During CT we took about 10wickets in total out of 40 possible wickets. This alone tells a lot.

roman
June 30, 2017, 04:01 PM
I am actually worried about Taskin. This guy was totally hapless during CT. He became a Shahadat 2.0 He needs help the most.

Wish we could get Streak back. Under his guidance, he was very effective

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 04:02 PM
I don't think he can, if he is able to he would have done it by now. Walsh is a legend but I think we need someone like Heath streak, who can give our play kick in the back side to perform.

Heath Streak was a top coach for us.
Has been rewarded by being made Head coach of Zimbabwe, I can see them improve under him.

It's not easy to find special type of bowling coach like Streak.
Maybe BCB should form a committee to find a bowling coach who can help our bowlers with technical and tactical aspect of bowling?

Saying that, I'm sure we can find someone better than Walsh.

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 04:08 PM
I am actually worried about Taskin. This guy was totally hapless during CT. He became a Shahadat 2.0 He needs help the most.

Wish we could get Streak back. Under his guidance, he was very effective

I was on vacation for two week during BPL, just to watch BPL - yes I'm that crazy.

I saw domestic bowlers hitting Taskin for boundaries, his economy rate in BPL was 8+. My gut feeling say's Roy is better than him. I have watched Roy very closely during BPL, performed consistently, and bowled great line and length. What was surprising was his pace, very similar to Taskin. Saying that, doesn't mean Taskin should be forgotten, maybe he can work hard and become better? but if I had to chose between Taskin and Roy, from what I have seen in BPL and his short career as international bowler, I would pick Roy.

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 04:10 PM
Even Prasad would have been better than Him

No offense to our Indian members.
I would be very scared to have a Indian as bowling coach, especially for our pacers.:ohno:

kalpurush
June 30, 2017, 04:48 PM
No offense to our Indian members.
I would be very scared to have a Indian as bowling coach, especially for our pacers.:ohno:

Why is that? Care to explain why an Indian might not be a good bowling/batting coach?

SportingBD
June 30, 2017, 04:54 PM
Why is that? Care to explain why an Indian might not be a good bowling/batting coach?

Has there been any successful international bowling coach that came out of India? I don't remember any. If they had the qualities by now most international teams would run after them. I just don't think they have good bowling coaches, especially Pace coach. On the other hand, I would take a indian batting coach/consultant any day of the week - it's in their blood, batting.

Nafi
July 1, 2017, 07:40 PM
What happened to him during CT? What caused him to bowl poor line and length? How serious was that injury? How much to blame Walsh for his decline? What's the real reason? Are we missing something out?

You opened a thread just to speculate..

jeesh
July 1, 2017, 10:05 PM
Check there was an article on DS. Several top coaches of the country said his release point has changed, bowling wider from the crease.

I reckon he has also lost effectiveness due to drop in pace, at least 7-10 kph slower than what he was.

moinul_huq
July 2, 2017, 01:18 AM
He is falling to the side much earlier before delivery.

aklemalp
July 2, 2017, 06:31 AM
He needs to add 5-10 more pounds and work out in the gym,

Roey Haque
July 2, 2017, 10:58 AM
He is taking after his captain. And not in the good ways. All the bad ways.

Lethargic, winded after every ball, slow throws, slow to get on the ground.

But he needs to understand his captain has had over 6 surgeries on knees and wears knee braces every game, and is 33.

He is still a young man with the occasional side strain. So where is the effort?

imtiaz82
August 31, 2017, 12:19 AM
Check there was an article on DS. Several top coaches of the country said his release point has changed, bowling wider from the crease.

I reckon he has also lost effectiveness due to drop in pace, at least 7-10 kph slower than what he was.

For people who watched the match live, did Mustafiz regain some of his pace in the 1st test? or is he still bowling in 130s..His economy rate looks good on paper but not sure if this was due to bowling wide outside the stump (less wicket taking balls) or batsmen just struggled to score off him due to good balls swinging away?

RazabQ
August 31, 2017, 02:51 AM
Nip is still not back. Low 130s on average. Yorker was too slow. Slowers were well read.

SportingBD
August 31, 2017, 03:24 AM
I fear his injury has ended his career.

adamnsu
August 31, 2017, 03:37 AM
From what I saw in the Test match, someone is giving him bad advice.

The pre ops Fizz would bowl so close to the stumps which is why he would make the batsman play at his deliveries. All he does is bowl wide from the crease and makes the bowl move away. Hence batsman dont need to play at his deliveries.

I think all he needs is someone to work with him to improve his technique

Night_wolf
August 31, 2017, 03:43 AM
I fear his injury has ended his career.

injury is the primary reason as because of the injury he changed his bowling action. his action was unique, he is struggling with the new action which isn't flowing with him

SportingBD
August 31, 2017, 03:50 AM
injury is the primary reason as because of the injury he changed his bowling action. his action was unique, he is struggling with the new acting which isn't flowing with him

One injury is all it takes to end a player's career :(!

It is like Mustafiz was gifted with a special power that has now been taken away.

Jadukor
August 31, 2017, 03:55 AM
I don't see the fire/hunger in his body language. He looks like he wants to hide in the field.
Somebody seriously need to have a plan for his rehabilitation because he is a great talent and a thinking bowler. Why can't he get his pace back up? The loss of pace is the root cause of his problem

tiger1000
August 31, 2017, 04:01 AM
I don't see the fire/hunger in his body language. He looks like he wants to hide in the field.
Somebody seriously need to have a plan for his rehabilitation because he is a great talent and a thinking bowler. Why can't he get his pace back up? The loss of pace is the root cause of his problem

He was bowling mid 130's first innings

He's lost confidence and Walsh hasn't helped at all, but he definitely needs a partner who can back up opposition like Roy and taskin

SportingBD
August 31, 2017, 04:08 AM

It seems to me that his shoulder is giving him big problems.
Remember he used his cutters very well bowling 130kph?
Haven't seen him do that for a while now.

Where has his Yorkers gone? Something he doesn't bowl anymore.
I get the sense that he is trying to protect himself from getting injured again.
His more afraid/nervous/cautious with his bowling.. doesn't have the same freedom.

Jadukor
August 31, 2017, 04:40 AM
Mushfiq is not doing him any favors as captain. There were plenty of moments in the test match where Mushy could have brought Mustafiz back on for a short spell. Mushfiq's basic philosophy is if you pick a wicket you bowl whole day.. if you concede 10 runs in an over you are not a bowler anymore

shakibrulz
August 31, 2017, 04:52 AM
Mushfiq is not doing him any favors as captain. There were plenty of moments in the test match where Mushy could have brought Mustafiz back on for a short spell. Mushfiq's basic philosophy is if you pick a wicket you bowl whole day.. if you concede 10 runs in an over you are not a bowler anymore
Nah, Mushy is a poor captain, but made sense to not bowl Fizz much yday. And he didn't show much signs of picking any wickets, Warner et al were reading him comfortably. I hope he can sort Himself out and get the pace up and action corrected.

Jadukor
August 31, 2017, 06:07 AM
I think he just bowled 1 over in the innings. You cant judge if a bowler is gonna take wickets based on just one over. That is not fair to any bowler who gets picked for a test match

Mas_UK25
August 31, 2017, 06:23 AM
Too many commercials ads. Too much taka made in short time coming from a humble background. Money can be one big distraction, for some.

His body language is not the same as seen in his first year of all the series's, in his first ipl. He was so like a child jumping up and down, chirpy after a wicket. Just looks now like a man kind of satisfied with life with the income made already and wants to get away from cricket!
His body language now looks dull and inspiring, and a bit confused on how to play cricket anymore.

Yes, there was the injury. How long has it been now?
Excuse can be made about the long injury. But what about his body language and effort? Where is his mind these days?

Young fella, from a humble background made amazing start to international cricket for Bangladesh, took the world by storm and has earned all sorts such quickly. Good on you lad! Hope you make even more money. But please come back, to the origin source of success and get your kind into it, properly.

PS
I'm not talking about this test match. This has been going on for a while, in general. If bowling coach has forces to change his action then he should be sacked. Don't fix it if it's already fixed.

Zeeshan
August 31, 2017, 12:40 PM
One bad over, he could've easily cost us the game. Good decision by Bonaparte not to bowl him. This is crunch time international game ladies and gentlemen. Not frikkin IPL. It would be hard for rookie to maintain his nerve and jitters.

aklemalp
August 31, 2017, 12:41 PM
He needs to find a good girl and see if he get his mojo back.

Marry and have a few kids

shakibrulz
August 31, 2017, 01:11 PM
I think he just bowled 1 over in the innings. You cant judge if a bowler is gonna take wickets based on just one over. That is not fair to any bowler who gets picked for a test match

He wasn't really threatening at any point anyway and he went for some runs in that one over. Can't blame Mushy for not using pacers in the fourth innings. Makes sense to give spinners maximum number of overs in that scenario.

LateCut
August 31, 2017, 01:18 PM
One thing nobody is considering is that our behind the wicket fielding has been very poor. We miss simplest of the catches. It nearly cost us the Mirpur test. Shoumya let off Warner while he was 17 or 18. Then Tamim missed an even simpler catch after Warner already has done the damage. If fast bowlers do not have faith on the slip fielders or the captain does not put bodies in there, quicks will bowl predictably and will invariably be whacked around. BTW, Mustafizur bowled nicely in the first Innings. One bad over should not have banished him form the second Innings. I can understand the decision but it did not help the young guy's moral.

jeesh
September 1, 2017, 12:29 AM
Too many commercials ads. Too much taka made in short time coming from a humble background. Money can be one big distraction, for some.

His body language is not the same as seen in his first year of all the series's, in his first ipl. He was so like a child jumping up and down, chirpy after a wicket. Just looks now like a man kind of satisfied with life with the income made already and wants to get away from cricket!
His body language now looks dull and inspiring, and a bit confused on how to play cricket anymore.

Yes, there was the injury. How long has it been now?
Excuse can be made about the long injury. But what about his body language and effort? Where is his mind these days?

Young fella, from a humble background made amazing start to international cricket for Bangladesh, took the world by storm and has earned all sorts such quickly. Good on you lad! Hope you make even more money. But please come back, to the origin source of success and get your kind into it, properly.

PS
I'm not talking about this test match. This has been going on for a while, in general. If bowling coach has forces to change his action then he should be sacked. Don't fix it if it's already fixed.
Strongly believe this. It happens.

If BCB needs to resurrect his career.

1) Needs a proper coach to work alongside him. Walsh is NOT going to help any pace improve. Needs to improve his pace. If Pandya can bowl at 140 as an all rounder, i dont see why Musta or Taskin cant.
2) Get him to focus on domestic cricket, get some form back.

Jadukor
September 1, 2017, 01:33 AM
When he was picking 5 wkt hauls vs India he didnt really need Mushfiq's backing. When he was on a hat trick against SA in the test series he also didnt need the captain's support. Players need their captain most when they are going through a difficult phase, when the morale is down and confidence is low. A captain's role is to lift the entire 11 and not piggy back on two successful bowlers for the day. I am not saying Mustafiz would have broken the partnerships when it got dangerous.. i am saying he should have been tried because he used to be the 2nd match winner after Shakib just a year ago. Are we already writing him off so much that even a short spell in a Test match ( not t20) is too risky? What is next for him after this test where he has had no role to play? Does he become a story of what could have been like Talha, Nazmul etc?

BengaliPagol
September 1, 2017, 08:10 AM
i blame the friggen ipl

Roy_1
September 1, 2017, 10:28 AM
i blame the friggen ipl

>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

RazabQ
September 1, 2017, 10:30 AM
i blame the friggen ipl

Seriously stop. Mustafiz needs to get over his mental fears. He is just being immature right now. Like this fans.

tiger1000
September 1, 2017, 02:34 PM
Seriously stop. Mustafiz needs to get over his mental fears. He is just being immature right now. Like this fans.

We don't work with a sports psychologist so it's difficult

Yankees
September 1, 2017, 02:55 PM
He's a 21 years old kid who's going through some struggles. You guys must have been very wise and mentally tough at age 21 that you can expect him to just get over it.

He did have a serious injury and he needs to overcome it. It's not going to happen overnight.

Zeeshan
September 1, 2017, 03:19 PM
He's a 21 years old kid who's going through some struggles. You guys must have been very wise and mentally tough at age 21 that you can expect him to just get over it.

He did have a serious injury and he needs to overcome it. It's not going to happen overnight.

tayle khelte namse kan? chehara dekhanaor jonno? tumi kothakar kon thakur hoiso j tumar dorshon chara amra cholte parbo na...fast bowling korei jodi nijeke shen warner mono koro tahole hobe kemne..

/sarcasm

Yankees
September 1, 2017, 04:12 PM
tayle khelte namse kan? chehara dekhanaor jonno? tumi kothakar kon thakur hoiso j tumar dorshon chara amra cholte parbo na...fast bowling korei jodi nijeke shen warner mono koro tahole hobe kemne..

/sarcasm

ki koirbo bechara. kono A tour nai, B tour nai. Aus sathe na khele ki korbe? bose bose gaan gaibe...

tomra A tour keilo na
B tour keilo na
A tour keilo na C tour keilo na
Khali HP khelo re
O tum ra khali HP khelo re

A tour khele mone poira jaae
amra A tour khele mone poira jaae
ekdin bangali dol e chilam re re re
ekdin bangali dol e chilam re

bujhee kom
September 1, 2017, 05:43 PM
We don't work with a sports psychologist so it's difficult

Tiger, you have a point...

But you must take this into consideration that majority of western people can not utilize the treatment of a psychologist, let alone psychotherapy, hypnotherapy or the treatment plan of a psychoanalyst...and imagine Asians, Bangladeshis as patients in that context (BTW not referring to full Pagols/Hemayetpur kind of patients, like jama/pant khuila dilaam ghor theika bahir hoiya dilaam dour gorur pichoney kinds). Our Zeeshan has a very interesting thread in the forget cricket section about psychotherapy, where this practice/science described as a western science and cultural practice. But what I am saying is, even majority of western people cannot utilize, use this.

You have to be educated, and not only just educated, you have to above intelligent, and in possession of a truly sophisticated and open mind, being able to articulate your feelings, speak well, communicate superbly and understand beyond the mundane and rudimentary air as a patient to be able to be treated with 'psychotherapy'.

Random social workers do basic 'treatment' of everyday people, but those are completely and utterly valueless! You go under the treatment of a genuine psychologist or psychoanalyst, you as a patient have to be willing to participate and embrace the deeper self of you. Majority of western people are poorly 'educated', don't be surprised not much different than anywhere in the world, first, third, all. Some people have a degree, some even went to university, some are literate, but total blank inside. When sometimes actually you will come across people who are very smart, intelligent, sharp and have a deep intellectual mind when he/she was never institutionally trained and schooled.

After those being said, what do you think a psychologist would do with Mustafiz?
"Mustafiz, baba...bolo bowl koprtey tumar kothai osubidha hoi? Ki bahbo tumi shara diin? Tomar ghum hoi naa? Tumi ki jiin-er shopno dekho? Tumar kaandhey ektu massage koirey dibo?"
Please think what Mustafiz will say in response? If the psychologist is a female, taholey tow kothai nai...he will be lajjai laal..kothai boltey parbey naa in a small closed door room, Antie boley dekey felbey...what is he going to say? I prefer the red ball over the white....when I see a batsman with a wooden bat, I get nervous, I feel very tired in the morning, when I first wake up. None of these are of value. There will be NO conversation, no dialogue of value to gain the benefit of consulting a psychologist.

At the end of the day, it is ...Maa-er kotha shunio baba, coach ja boley monojoge diye shuniye...maach mangsho beshi korey khau, gaye jur paba...Raat jegey ajey bajey chinta money anio naa...Huzur Babar Pora Pani khao...Bura-der kotha mene cholio...if nothing works, baba, ask the Lord. Wicket paba!

P.S. Contemporary psychology is NOT all about childhood abuse, repressed sexual fantasy, Freudian thinking or Jungian dream analysis. It is much more complex, that is if it is psychotherapy or psychoanalysis.

Roy_1
September 1, 2017, 06:38 PM
It took Amir more than a year to somewhat recover his form and rhythm, his fans backed him during his toughest times, why can't you guys do the same? Why can't you guys show some patience and faith? He is still very young hence privy to all the complex emotions that comes with it. From what I have seen he seems like a reserved fellow, probably having hard times expressing/sharing his feelings, problems or issues. Since you have already established the fact that he is not that strong mentally people should really cut him some slack, give him some time before issuing judgements and let him deal with his issues, this much at least he deserves from all of you considering he already won more matches for you than Amir. This fickle nature of some fans is truly perplexing.

NoName
September 1, 2017, 08:27 PM
It took Amir more than a year to somewhat recover his form and rhythm, his fans backed him during his toughest times, why can't you guys do the same? Why can't you guys show some patience and faith? He is still very young hence privy to all the complex emotions that comes with it. From what I have seen he seems like a reserved fellow, probably having hard times expressing/sharing his feelings, problems or issues. Since you have already established the fact that he is not that strong mentally people should really cut him some slack, give him some time before issuing judgements and let him deal with his issues, this much at least he deserves from all of you considering he already won more matches for you than Amir. This fickle nature of some fans is truly perplexing.

Itz teh IPL faultz

Rinathq
September 1, 2017, 10:01 PM
Haven't read anything in this thread but what struggles are you guys referring to?

The expectation is ridiculous from you guys. He was brilliant in SriLanka and he was good in the tri series. The CT was a batsmens tournament. Bowlers like Rabada got taken to cleaners. Fizz was left to bowl death overs against the se of the best batting attacks. Here, Mushy didn't allow fizz to have the new ball advantage and didn't even need him for the most part...

He has lost a bit of pace that's all... So has Taskin, Rubel and every other seamer. I think Walsh is working on consistency first

adamnsu
September 2, 2017, 01:07 AM
I still think he is being mismanaged. Before he would bowl closer to the stumps than away from it.

They did an analysis of the areas he was bowling and almost all of his deliveries were moving away from the batsman and didn't actually make the batsman play them because of the reason I noted above.