PDA

View Full Version : Players up close

christinesmi
July 3, 2017, 11:43 AM
This thread is to describe the experiences of meeting with any BD players, former or current, famous like Shakib Mushy to infamous like Reza Rajib and to forgotten ones like Shanto, Rokon, Aftab. I have never had the pleasure of seeing any BD players up close and so just wanted to know. The closest I got was seeing them from the galleries.

How are they in real life? Were they pretentious, cordial, formal, or annoyed? Shakib ki asholei chupchap, Tamim ki onek mood mare, Rajib ki 'player type'?

aklemalp
July 3, 2017, 11:48 AM
Have not met any of these players up close...but got to meet a lot of Windies players.

By the way, welcome to the forum :up: You can introduce yourself here: http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=74

SH Anik
July 3, 2017, 02:30 PM
This thread is to describe the experiences of meeting with any BD players, former or current, famous like Shakib Mushy to infamous like Reza Rajib and to forgotten ones like Shanto, Rokon, Aftab. I have never had the pleasure of seeing any BD players up close and so just wanted to know. The closest I got was seeing them from the galleries.

How are they in real life? Were they pretentious, cordial, formal, or annoyed? Shakib ki asholei chupchap, Tamim ki onek mood mare, Rajib ki 'player type'?

Tamim mood mare na borong antorik, Shakib motamuti kintu Mushfiq mood mare re vai..

Tobe dhorun kuno player er amni te kuno karon e mood off emota obosthae mood je keu dekhabe jodi disturb(pic,autograph) koren. Tai eta poristhitir upore nirvor kore.

Tigers_eye
July 3, 2017, 02:36 PM
Welcome to Forum christinesmi. Excellent thread and 1st post.

+++
I met with few players one on one.
Forhad Reza: at the Dhaka airport luggage area in 2015. We were waiting for our luggages and I spotted him. Very very shy, humble boy. Physically seamed like a regular person. Not an athletic physic I mean. 5' 6"-7" ish tall.

RazabQ
July 5, 2017, 02:06 AM
My son and I met Rock (Roqibul) a few years back at Inter Sport. Didn't engage him because he was deep in discussion over a set of bat purchase. Seemed a very regular guy but was actually pretty ripped for a 5'8 guy.

Roey Haque
July 9, 2017, 01:40 AM
Akram Khan- Met him many times at a school. His daughter studied there. Very gentlemanly guy. Absolutely towering. Think he is 6'3.

Aminul Islam Bulbul- Met him once. Very quiet and shy guy. Also a gentleman. Good with kids. Was patting all the kids on the head in BUET Field.

Khaled Masud Pilot: Didn't get to talk to him. But seemed a very chill guy. Was getting his hair cut opposite to me. Had a posse waiting for him outside though. But in reality, more likely a social group or fans, and not an entourage.