PDA

View Full Version : India's Tour Of Sri Lanka 2017

koushik
July 7, 2017, 10:43 PM
Another Boring tour, hope that india rests kohli.rohit,dhawan,rahane and other senior players
and give chance to some youngsters.

Schedule
1st Test: July 26-30, GICS, Galle
2nd Test: August 3-7, SSC, Colombo
3rd Test: August 12-16, PICS, Kandy
1st ODI: August 20, RDICS, Dambulla
2nd ODI: August 24, PICS, Kandy
3rd ODI: August 27, PICS, Kandy
4th ODI: August 31, RPICS, Colombo
5th ODI:September 3, RPICS, Colombo
One-off T20I: September 6, RPICS, Colombo
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

NoName
July 7, 2017, 10:55 PM
5 ODIs?

Yeh its as if India and SL don't play each other enough :lol:

koushik
July 10, 2017, 06:53 AM
India test Squad : Virat Kohli (C), Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Rohit Sharma, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Abhinav Mukund.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

aklemalp
July 10, 2017, 10:56 AM
Watch out. Sri Lanka might win the ODI series.

aklemalp
August 3, 2017, 09:34 AM
Pujara having a Brian Lara type of series in SL

jeesh
August 3, 2017, 10:32 PM
SL bowlers even Herath reminds me of the BD test team of few years ago. No concentration, bowling short, wide, over after over-waiting for the day to end to escape to their hotel rooms, only to groan about having to go back the next day.

aklemalp
August 4, 2017, 07:07 AM
Another 600 run inning by India.

This is too one sided.

aklemalp
August 4, 2017, 09:55 AM
Ashwin will most likely be the #1 test allrounder after this series.

Roy_1
August 4, 2017, 11:35 AM
Not sure if SL is going through a rough patch or we are simply too good for them, hard to believe the same team decimated Aus and had a well fought series draw against Bangladesh.

TBH whitewashing SL don't mean much, only thing that can satisfy me at this point is a series win in Aus, SA or Eng.

Yankees
August 4, 2017, 11:41 AM
India has just been playing at their usual great level. What we are seeing is a completely deteriorated SL team. What a shame.

Tigers_eye
August 4, 2017, 12:19 PM
Giving up 2 centuries and 4 50+ scores in one innings. I am not sure when was the last time SL lost in these fashion. Feeling very sad. They use to be my favorite team when they got the test status. We didn't play cricket then.

SL, the underdog, had bite and flair. This team on the other hand has lost the confidence.

jeesh
August 5, 2017, 01:11 AM
Not sure if SL is going through a rough patch or we are simply too good for them, hard to believe the same team decimated Aus and had a well fought series draw against Bangladesh.

TBH whitewashing SL don't mean much, only thing that can satisfy me at this point is a series win in Aus, SA or Eng.
There is a difference between the team then and now. I d call that leadership.

Not saying SL would have beaten India with Graham Ford, but they were more organized, better drilled, more competitive in general.

The current situation is an absolute farce. Nobody believes in the captain, ex captain playing in the XI commands more respect. "Head coach" is a fielding coach who was supposed to be sacked for his failure with fielding. And finally they have a team manager who believes he is the boss-the reason why Ford quit.

Not a bad time to tour SL, or even better invite them for a series. Anyone who wants a boost in points/ranking i.e. No wonder Pakistan is so desperate.

aklemalp
August 5, 2017, 08:09 AM
Kusal Mendis once again showing signs of his brilliance with the bat and under pressure

Roy_1
August 6, 2017, 04:14 AM
India won by an innings and 53 runs, our 8th series win in a row, quite impressive.

aklemalp
August 6, 2017, 07:26 AM
More than impressive.

Quality of cricket is phenomenal

Eclipse
August 13, 2017, 02:22 PM
This Indian team is the 2nd greatest team in the history of test cricket and certainly has all the potential to write their name as the greatest test team to ever play the game of cricket.

NoName
August 13, 2017, 09:10 PM
This Indian team is the 2nd greatest team in the history of test cricket and certainly has all the potential to write their name as the greatest test team to ever play the game of cricket.

L..M..F..A..O

Surely this comment is in a league of its own?

(please let it be sarcasm)

DinRaat.
August 14, 2017, 02:00 AM

What drugs you on?

jeesh
August 14, 2017, 02:26 AM
Not sure what Eclipse is on, but beating West Indies and Sri Lanka with their current setup/form is not sth i would take pride in.

Play in England, play in South Africa, play in Australia, play in NZ. They must prove themselves in those conditions. Very cleverly, very strategically they ve stayed out of those contests, focusing on weaker teams on away tours, and inviting top teams to play in Indian soil.

Eclipse
August 14, 2017, 03:00 AM
Not sure what Eclipse is on, but beating West Indies and Sri Lanka with their current setup/form is not sth i would take pride in.

Play in England, play in South Africa, play in Australia, play in NZ. They must prove themselves in those conditions. Very cleverly, very strategically they ve stayed out of those contests, focusing on weaker teams on away tours, and inviting top teams to play in Indian soil.

Sorry, I think u r wrong. BCCI haven't done it intentionally. India played lots of matches away from home during 14/15. They toured Australia, England and new Zealand during that period without hardly playing any matches at home.

Did anybody raise the question why was India playing so many away matches during that time? No, absolutely not. India toured those countries and now those countries r touring India, bcci has got absolutely nothing to do with it. This is how it has always been.

Another thing is, when south africa beat Australia in Australia some ppl act as if staffers have really done something special by beating Australia in Australia but when India thrash Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka the same group of ppl don't hesitate to dismiss the outcome of the series by citing the reason that it was played in Asia.

Eclipse
August 14, 2017, 03:08 AM
What drugs you on?

I've said they r currently the second greatest team after 2000s Australian team. This Indian team is unbelievably dominant in Asia and they r thrashing everyone for fun.

If this Indian team can draw a series in south africa and England it will certainly announce itself as the greatest test team to ever grace the cricket field.

Eclipse
August 14, 2017, 03:13 AM
L..M..F..A..O

Surely this comment is in a league of its own?

(please let it be sarcasm)

Sorry bhai. It wasn't a sarcasm.

jeesh
August 14, 2017, 04:01 AM
Sorry, I think u r wrong. BCCI haven't done it intentionally. India played lots of matches away from home during 14/15. They toured Australia, England and new Zealand during that period without hardly playing any matches at home.

Did anybody raise the question why was India playing so many away matches during that time? No, absolutely not. India toured those countries and now those countries r touring India, bcci has got absolutely nothing to do with it. This is how it has always been.

Another thing is, when south africa beat Australia in Australia some ppl act as if staffers have really done something special by beating Australia in Australia but when India thrash Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka the same group of ppl don't hesitate to dismiss the outcome of the series by citing the reason that it was played in Asia.
India thrashed Sri Lanka, because the Sri Lankan side is in absolute shambles, can barely compete with Zimbabwe. Are you trying to compare that with South Africa's success in Australia?

Well now India are claiming to be number 1 in the Test cricket. You cant do that by inviting strong teams to India and making them play on substandard pitches and then beating West Indies and Sri Lanka away.

A part of me really wishes you were being sarcastic about all this.

Eclipse
August 14, 2017, 04:28 AM
India thrashed Sri Lanka, because the Sri Lankan side is in absolute shambles, can barely compete with Zimbabwe. Are you trying to compare that with South Africa's success in Australia?

Well now India are claiming to be number 1 in the Test cricket. You cant do that by inviting strong teams to India and making them play on substandard pitches and then beating West Indies and Sri Lanka away.

A part of me really wishes you were being sarcastic about all this.

South Africa is no match for this unbelievable Indian team. Saffers regularly get thrashed and humiliated at home. A team that performs so miserably infront of the home crowd shouldn't be taken seriously.

I think it's saffers who r notorious for dishing out substandard, doctored green mambas to the touring Asian teams, not Indians. India always prepares standard test wickets. :D

Night_wolf
August 14, 2017, 04:30 AM
I've said they r currently the second greatest team after 2000s Australian team. This Indian team is unbelievably dominant in Asia and they r thrashing everyone for fun.

If this Indian team can draw a series in south africa and England it will certainly announce itself as the greatest test team to ever grace the cricket field.

lol this is pure entertainment

Austin 3:!6
August 14, 2017, 04:39 AM
SL is not that bad a team as people are making them out to be. They just beat Aust and drawn against a full strength BD team. Its just that India is too good. Any team will face the same fate if face India in SC.

Eclipse
August 14, 2017, 04:40 AM
lol this is pure entertainment
😎......

August 14, 2017, 04:43 AM
😎......
Bro...you are too good a poster. Simply the most sane, unbiased and knowledgeable BD poster I have ever seen. Keep it up mate.:up:

Eclipse
August 14, 2017, 04:49 AM
Bro...you are too good a poster. Simply the most sane, unbiased and knowledgeable BD poster I have ever seen. Keep it up mate.:up:

Thank u dada. 😊

SH Anik
August 14, 2017, 05:18 AM

Thank u dada. 😊

After all those hardwork of Eclipse trying to satisfy #@*#, our very own dada Austin 3:!6 has spilled all of it..to Eclipse's...eewwuuuu :sick:

Nasty thread this is..

DinRaat.
August 14, 2017, 05:18 AM

Your putting some extra effort, to be more retarded than usual.

Good Job keep up the great work!

A+

DinRaat.
August 14, 2017, 05:19 AM
Eclipse, Austin and SH Anik.

This is like every mods wet dream.

jeesh
August 14, 2017, 05:59 AM
SL is not that bad a team as people are making them out to be. They just beat Aust and drawn against a full strength BD team. Its just that India is too good. Any team will face the same fate if face India in SC.
You are clearly not aware of whats happening.

Things were ok when Bangladesh toured SL. Their team was improving bit by bit. Since then a lot of internal political issues. Gurusinghe was brought in to oversee Ford. Ford decided to quit. Mathews was criticized for his captaincy, decided to quit. Now they are left with a battered, bruised side devoid of any confidence or motivation. Things have become so bad they nearly lost to Zim.

Of course i dont expect you to know all this by only checking cricinfo scores.

India's good no doubt. Complete team, capable in all departments. But its a matter of picking on someone your own size-and one thats capable of standing up on its two feet. Pretty sure India wont be a proponent for two tier test cricket.

August 14, 2017, 06:38 AM
You are clearly not aware of whats happening.

Things were ok when Bangladesh toured SL. Their team was improving bit by bit. Since then a lot of internal political issues. Gurusinghe was brought in to oversee Ford. Ford decided to quit. Mathews was criticized for his captaincy, decided to quit. Now they are left with a battered, bruised side devoid of any confidence or motivation. Things have become so bad they nearly lost to Zim.

Of course i dont expect you to know all this by only checking cricinfo scores.

India's good no doubt. Complete team, capable in all departments. But its a matter of picking on someone your own size-and one thats capable of standing up on its two feet. Pretty sure India wont be a proponent for two tier test cricket.
Agree with two tier test cricket. No point beating dead ducks. ICC must create 2 tier test structure to save an already dieing format and to have some interest back.

Tier 1:

Ind
Eng
Aust
SA
Pak
NZ

Tier 2
SL
BD
WI
Afg
Ire
A team of no. 1 test side
A team no. 2 test side
Top associate side based on Intercontinental cup

So say for example, if India is Rank 1, Ind A team will play in Tier 2.
If Eng is Rank 2, Eng A team will play in Tier 2.
Winner of Intercontinental cup will play in Tier 2.

Teams will get relegated/promoted to tiers based on performance points.

But then obviously, ICC is not as smart as me.

RealSports
August 14, 2017, 09:27 AM
This series has gotten little coverage here: seems nobody cares. This forum has been dead lately that even I barely have been here; in fact, I actually completely forgotten about Cricket after the Champions Trophy.

Tigers_eye
August 14, 2017, 09:38 AM
Well done Ind. Too powerful for the SLan's.

aklemalp
August 14, 2017, 10:42 AM
Agreed that the forum is dead.

Only active when there are controversies, speculations, conspiracies, etc.

Be real everyone

jeesh
August 15, 2017, 03:57 AM
Agree with two tier test cricket. No point beating dead ducks. ICC must create 2 tier test structure to save an already dieing format and to have some interest back.

Tier 1:

Ind
Eng
Aust
SA
Pak
NZ

Tier 2
SL
BD
WI
Afg
Ire
A team of no. 1 test side
A team no. 2 test side
Top associate side based on Intercontinental cup

So say for example, if India is Rank 1, Ind A team will play in Tier 2.
If Eng is Rank 2, Eng A team will play in Tier 2.
Winner of Intercontinental cup will play in Tier 2.

Teams will get relegated/promoted to tiers based on performance points.

But then obviously, ICC is not as smart as me.
Your board wont agree to that. No easy points ;-D

jeesh
August 15, 2017, 03:59 AM
South Africa is no match for this unbelievable Indian team. Saffers regularly get thrashed and humiliated at home. A team that performs so miserably infront of the home crowd shouldn't be taken seriously.

I think it's saffers who r notorious for dishing out substandard, doctored green mambas to the touring Asian teams, not Indians. India always prepares standard test wickets. :D
Great. Ask your board to arrange a tour to South Africa. We ll see how it goes.

Roy_1
August 15, 2017, 04:05 AM
Great. Ask your board to arrange a tour to South Africa. We ll see how it goes.
They already did, don't worry.

But I know how it goes, if we manage to beat them, this SA team overnight will become the weakest SA team in history, besically anyone we beat are either too weak or BCCI buy them off, right?

jeesh
August 15, 2017, 04:20 AM
They already did, don't worry.

But I know how it goes, if we manage to beat them, this SA team overnight will become the weakest SA team in history, besically anyone we beat are either too weak or BCCI buy them off, right?
First you must beat them there...

Still remember the time SA came to India in 2015. Some of the worst wickets i ve ever seen in test match cricket.

Roy_1
August 15, 2017, 04:24 AM

No, they are not. Windies of the 80's and Aussies under Steve and Ponting achieved much more and enforced dominance both home and away, we still have a long way to go. I personally rate Ganguly's team, that locked horns against an ATG Aus in Aus and turned Steve's farewell series into his nightmare series, higher than our current team.

But this team has certainly got the potential, they have got most of their bases covered. A bowling line up consisting of Shami, Umesh, Ash, Kuldeep and Bhuvi is capable of taking 20 wks anywhere, now we also have fast bowling alrounder improving with every single match, that is why I have high hopes for this team, but they have to perform well in SA, Eng and Aus to be compared with the past ATG teams IMHO.

PS: Welcome back man

Roy_1
August 15, 2017, 04:30 AM
First you must beat them there...

Still remember the time SA came to India in 2015. Some of the worst wickets i ve ever seen in test match cricket.

LOL man, that must have hurt you more than it hurt them.

BTW I heard you prepared some real classy and sporting wks for Eng last year, is that true?

jeesh
August 15, 2017, 05:04 AM
When you are a lesser team, you will want to make wickets favoring you to tilt the scale a bit.

India is not a lesser team than SA are they? Are you seriously comparing India-SA and England-BD. Seriously?

Well at least Bangladesh makes wickets where the ball bounces.

Roy_1
August 15, 2017, 05:08 AM

Swatantrata diwas ki Hardik shubhkamnaye, attended a flag hoisting event in college, how do you guys celebrate in US?

Roy_1
August 15, 2017, 05:10 AM
When you are a lesser team, you will want to make wickets favoring you to tilt the scale a bit.

India is not a lesser team than SA are they? Are you seriously comparing India-SA and England-BD. Seriously?

Well at least Bangladesh makes wickets where the ball bounces.

I bow to thy logic and justification my lord.

bujhee kom
August 15, 2017, 08:53 AM
Abeg probon hoye likhey fellam koek line kobita-Haiku (like that Gopal/Zeeshan)
janaben kintoo, apnader bhalo laglo kina.

Kobitar Naam - Amar Kobita
Kobita-ti likhechen - Kobi Bujhee Kom

"Tar maaney aaj...

Bharat jitey gelo.
Lanka here gelo.

Kichu BC khushi holo
Kichu BC dukkho pelo.

Sujog peye Shala BK ekti post merey dilo..."

RealSports
August 15, 2017, 10:04 AM
I'm looking more forward to the ODIs because if you can remember Sri Lanka beat India at the Champions Trophy, so it will be interesting to see whether that was actually a fluke or not. India usually dominates Sri Lanka, or have been dominating Sri Lanka in the last 10 years now. Kohli's favourite opponents for sure. What India should've done in this test series is to test out their bench strength. Their bench looks even more interesting than their current XI.

Eclipse
August 15, 2017, 08:59 PM
I'm looking more forward to the ODIs because if you can remember Sri Lanka beat India at the Champions Trophy, so it will be interesting to see whether that was actually a fluke or not. India usually dominates Sri Lanka, or have been dominating Sri Lanka in the last 10 years now. Kohli's favourite opponents for sure. What India should've done in this test series is to test out their bench strength. Their bench looks even more interesting than their current XI.

That was a fluke win by Lanka. Pak, sl and Bangladesh aren't even 20% as good as India in limited overs cricket.

India has been the most dominant and successful team in limited overs cricket in last 7/8 years. The only reason Pak managed to beat India in ct final was because of the fact that Indian team was going through lots of dressing room trouble during that period. U can't expect a good result from ur team in a pressure match when ur team members r fighting with each other in the dressing room.

Don't think any other team in last 9/10 years was as successful as India in limited overs cricket. It's almost certain than sl is again going to get a heavy thrashing,its unfortunate but they r no match for India.

Yankees
August 15, 2017, 09:18 PM
The only reason Pak managed to beat India in ct final was because of the fact that Indian team was going through lots of dressing room trouble during that period. U can't expect a good result from ur team in a pressure match when ur team members r fighting with each other in the dressing room.

And you know this because you were in the dressing room and heard all the commotion? I love how you use the phrase "during that period." Which period would that be? Just after the semis but before the finals? In that span of a week, suddenly this Indian team went from winning with ease to having locker room issues? :lol::lol::lol:

I was rooting against Pakistan, but give them their dues. Pakistan beat India fair and square. It was an a$$ kicking to remember. No excuses.

Eclipse
August 15, 2017, 10:35 PM
No, they are not. Windies of the 80's and Aussies under Steve and Ponting achieved much more and enforced dominance both home and away, we still have a long way to go. I personally rate Ganguly's team, that locked horns against an ATG Aus in Aus and turned Steve's farewell series into his nightmare series, higher than our current team.

But this team has certainly got the potential, they have got most of their bases covered. A bowling line up consisting of Shami, Umesh, Ash, Kuldeep and Bhuvi is capable of taking 20 wks anywhere, now we also have fast bowling alrounder improving with every single match, that is why I have high hopes for this team, but they have to perform well in SA, Eng and Aus to be compared with the past ATG teams IMHO.

PS: Welcome back man

Thx man, i was a bit busy with my studies.

Well, I don't disagree with you. In fact I stated in my very first post that the 2000 Australian team was indeed the greatest test team of all time.

But this Indian team is certainly a strong contender for the second spot and has all the potential to become the greatest of all time. Can't remember the last time when a team was as dominant as India in their own continent.

India has an win/loss ratio of 20 in last couple of years in test. Can u believe it, it just shows that they have been extremely ruthless to every other opposition they've played against in last couple of years.

Yes, this team needs to perform outside Asia, especially in countries like Australia and south africa. But u nerd to keep in mind that staffers r notorious for dishing out doctored green pitches to the Asian teams in the name of sporting wicket. If they show some guts and provide proper test wickets to the indians I m pretty sure India will do really well in their upcoming test series against staffers.

Eclipse
August 15, 2017, 10:44 PM
And you know this because you were in the dressing room and heard all the commotion? I love how you use the phrase "during that period." Which period would that be? Just after the semis but before the finals? In that span of a week, suddenly this Indian team went from winning with ease to having locker room issues? :lol::lol::lol:

I was rooting against Pakistan, but give them their dues. Pakistan beat India fair and square. It was an a$$ kicking to remember. No excuses.

It's a well known fact dude. The whole Indian team was busy with internal conflict rather than reaming busy with their practice and game plan.

I'm not saying that Pakistan played badly. What I'm saying is India couldn't play even their 'C' game due to all sorts of other reasons.

Even the day before the final kohli attended a meeting to select the next coach of India.

jeesh
August 16, 2017, 12:40 AM
It ll probably be a more even contest than tests. But SL will be counting on the heavens and skies to prevent a whitewash.

August 18, 2017, 05:17 AM
Swatantrata diwas ki Hardik shubhkamnaye, attended a flag hoisting event in college, how do you guys celebrate in US?
Sorry for late response brother. Aapko bhi bahut subhkamnaye swatantrata diwaas ki.

Eclipse
August 20, 2017, 10:16 AM
Another epic victory for the the mighty and unbeatable men in blues. But I've to Say that watching India's match has become extremely boring these days. They r just hammering everyone for fun.

Miserable Lankans should just give the series to the Indians and save themselves from further embarrassment.

Tigers_eye
August 20, 2017, 11:11 PM
SL'an interim coach is not happy with the selection. Safe to say he will not be a permanent coach for SL.

Well done India. They did what they had to do.

jeesh
August 21, 2017, 02:48 AM
He shouldnt be permanent. He was close to getting sacked as a fielding coach. Only got the interim coach by chance.

But he is correct. Its an absolute mess of a situation. Latest controversy is Gurusingha had banned biscuits in the players dressing room, prompting players to protest by breaking dishes.

India is better off flying in their Under 19 team, to give them a proper warmup for the Under 19 WC. Might as well give the seniors a bit of rest

Roy_1
August 21, 2017, 03:10 AM
But he is correct. Its an absolute mess of a situation. Latest controversy is Gurusingha had banned biscuits in the players dressing room, prompting players to protest by breaking dishes.

WTF!! I almost fell off my chair laughing :floor:

Sorry if I sound insensitive, but seriously!! biscuit rebellion :lol:

If you don't mind my asking, how do you get so many internal news? You work with SLCB or something? I am just curious man, you don't have to reply if you don't want to.

jeesh
August 21, 2017, 04:57 AM
Here you go :D

http://www.dailymirror.lk/134929/Biscuits-banned-in-Sri-Lankan-dressing-room-Gurusinha

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-2017/biscuits-banned-from-sri-lanka-s-dressing-room-here-s-why/story-tvDLBTmH2ORcxwpFQDpBVO.html

DinRaat.
August 21, 2017, 05:28 AM
It's a well known fact dude. The whole Indian team was busy with internal conflict rather than reaming busy with their practice and game plan.

I'm not saying that Pakistan played badly. What I'm saying is India couldn't play even their 'C' game due to all sorts of other reasons.

Even the day before the final kohli attended a meeting to select the next coach of India.

You done licking India`s ***.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder585/250x250/19243585/yeah-sure-yeah-sure.jpg

DinRaat.
August 21, 2017, 05:29 AM
pardon the language.

Roy_1
August 21, 2017, 05:34 AM
Here you go :D

http://www.dailymirror.lk/134929/Biscuits-banned-in-Sri-Lankan-dressing-room-Gurusinha

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-2017/biscuits-banned-from-sri-lanka-s-dressing-room-here-s-why/story-tvDLBTmH2ORcxwpFQDpBVO.html

Damn!! reading news papers is a healthy habit :D

Roy_1
August 21, 2017, 05:38 AM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder585/250x250/19243585/yeah-sure-yeah-sure.jpg

Don't get yourself banned before the series :)

Yankees
August 21, 2017, 06:51 AM

hahaha..

Can't tell what's greater: Eclipse's love for India or SH Anik's love for Pakistan. We really need someone to go all out for Sri Lanka to make the South Asia love fest complete.

Eclipse
August 21, 2017, 09:26 AM

Ur posting style suggests that u aren't matured enough to refute someone's post by providing actual facts and it's really easy to get under ur skin.

What I stated about India in my earlier post is a fact.

RealSports
August 21, 2017, 10:18 AM
Dhawan looks underrated to me. When I first saw him in that test against Australia, I just knew there was something special about his batting. This tour has been one-sided, and India really should've tested out their bench strength. Sri Lanka are usually dominant at home in tests, so that's a fantastic achievement by India. Also, I don't understand how teams such as Sri Lanka and West Indies get to play a 5-match ODI series while Bangladesh only or mainly gets to play a 3-match series. I prefer a 3-match series anyway since it saves time.

DinRaat.
August 21, 2017, 06:14 PM
Ur posting style suggests that u aren't matured enough to refute someone's post by providing actual facts and it's really easy to get under ur skin.

What I stated about India in my earlier post is a fact.

Says the guy who makes bizaare accusations without a source.

Don't make up BS provide a source next time.

Eclipse
August 22, 2017, 03:51 AM
Says the guy who makes bizaare accusations without a source.

Don't make up BS provide a source next time.

What accusations? Lol. Be more specific.

August 22, 2017, 03:57 AM
Dhawan looks underrated to me. When I first saw him in that test against Australia, I just knew there was something special about his batting. This tour has been one-sided, and India really should've tested out their bench strength. Sri Lanka are usually dominant at home in tests, so that's a fantastic achievement by India. Also, I don't understand how teams such as Sri Lanka and West Indies get to play a 5-match ODI series while Bangladesh only or mainly gets to play a 3-match series. I prefer a 3-match series anyway since it saves time.

Why what exactly has BD done that they deserve 5 match series? Worth of an ODI team is measured based on tournaments and not some JAMODIs. SriLanka beat India in Champions Trophy chasing 300+when it mattered the most . They almost had beaten Pak too only if they didnt dropped that dolly catch of Sarfraz. BD played India twice in CT and lost by 240 runs & 9 wickets respectively.

SL as poor as they are due to current transition phase...still a better cricket team than BD.

#FACT

jeesh
August 22, 2017, 04:07 AM
Austin bro, you are hereby nominated for the troll of the year 2017. Hopefully you will win third time in a row. Although this time more competition.

DinRaat.
August 22, 2017, 06:36 AM
What accusations? Lol. Be more specific.

If your gonna make things up atleast make it believable. Try not to justify a bad performance.

August 23, 2017, 03:41 AM
If your gonna make things up atleast make it believable. Try not to justify a bad performance.
Dont speak on topic which you have no idea. Indeed Pakistan played better than us hence they won. No one is taking credit away from them. But its a fact that Kohli was busy attending meetings about next coach just 1 day before CT. Indian team didn't even practised and everything was not right in the dressing room. They were simply not happy with Kumble. I was at the Oval cricket ground on 17th June (day before finals) and there was only one team practising.

DinRaat.
August 23, 2017, 04:59 AM
Dont speak on topic which you have no idea. Indeed Pakistan played better than us hence they won. No one is taking credit away from them. But its a fact that Kohli was busy attending meetings about next coach just 1 day before CT. Indian team didn't even practised and everything was not right in the dressing room. They were simply not happy with Kumble. I was at the Oval cricket ground on 17th June (day before finals) and there was only one team practising.

Please, don't try to base your argument on mere speculations, get your head out of the clouds, give me a source where it says Kohli was attending a interview to select the next head coach. If you are going to state facts then back it up with appropriate sources, otherwise your statement means nothing.

The Board selects the head coach. I don`t know why the captain of the team is involved, you don`t see Mashrafe suggesting to BCB which coach to hire.

Yankees
August 23, 2017, 05:34 AM
Please, don't try to base your argument on mere speculations, get your head out of the clouds, give me a source where it says Kohli was attending a interview to select the next head coach. If you are going to state facts then back it up with appropriate sources, otherwise your statement means nothing.

He doesn't need to show proof because he was there and saw with his own eyes so it must be true. :lol:

Quit bringing logic into this and let them live in their delusional kingdom.

The Board selects the head coach. I don`t know why the captain of the team is involved, you don`t see Mashrafe suggesting to BCB which coach to hire.

This is Kohli we are talking about. He can do what others can't. Actually, he was finding a cure for cancer and thats why the team couldn't focus on the final.

DinRaat.
August 23, 2017, 05:42 AM
He doesn't need to show proof because he was there and saw with his own eyes so it must be true. :lol:

This is Kohli we are talking about. He can do what others can't. Actually, he was finding a cure for cancer and thats why the team couldn't focus on the final.

No offence to BCCI but you guys really overpay your players, just the simple truth. With the facilities your team is given, why haven`t you won 5-6 World cups yet.

Yankees

https://sports.ndtv.com/icc-champions-trophy-2017/icc-champions-trophy-2017-india-vs-pakistan-ravichandran-ashwin-hurts-his-knee-during-practice-sessi-1713545

"Ashwin almost hurts knee during PRACTICE session ahead of finals clash vs Pakistan"

But... but... Austin was there and saw with his own eyes damnit :-/:-/

DinRaat.

Someone shoot me, why on earth is Kohli taking part in administration affairs of the Board, his job is to lead the team not but-in in internal politics.

Eclipse
August 23, 2017, 07:55 AM

Don't even bother stating facts here. We Bangladeshis r extremely delusional, it's our national trait. We leave in our own self created world and the moment someone says something that goes against our beliefs we dismiss it promptly without giving it a actual thought.

Many of us still firmly believe that we would've gone to the final of 15 wc but couldn't do so because umpires cheated on us to let India win :facepalm:

Just couple of days back our million dollar man shakib has claimed in front of the media that we r pretty much unbeatable at home. Do I need to say more? :facepalm:

babunbhai
August 23, 2017, 11:54 AM
khasa bolsen.....eibaar hoibo doodh ka doodh pani ka pani

RealSports
August 23, 2017, 05:26 PM
I really like "Stone Cold Steve Indian" – he spices things up here. At home, Bangladesh should be playing a 5-match ODI series now. Teams such as Sri Lanka and West Indies still get to play a 5-match ODI series away from home, and still they mostly get outclassed by the likes of New Zealand, Australia and India. I don't buy with the "transition" excuse because there's not much time for a transition.

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 10:21 AM
I think we have established the fact that SL win against us in CT was a big fat fluke.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 10:28 AM
I think we have established the fact that SL win against us in CT was a big fat fluke.

No, I think it was comprehensive in those conditions. SL have come off a good trip in the UK the previous time that they were there.

But back to this series, we have seen the susceptibility of the Sri Lankans in the prior series against a rejuvenated Zimbabwe team.

This train wreck was bound to happen.

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 10:34 AM
No, I think it was comprehensive in those conditions. SL have come off a good trip in the UK the previous time that they were there.

But back to this series, we have seen the susceptibility of the Sri Lankans in the prior series against a rejuvenated Zimbabwe team.

This train wreck was bound to happen.

No, we were too complacent and took them lightly, paid the price, we will beat this SL team 9 out of 10 times anywhere in the world, nothing to do with pitch or condition.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 10:35 AM
No, we were too complacent and took them lightly, paid the price, we will beat this SL team 9 out of 10 times anywhere in the world, nothing to do with pitch or condition.

Your complacency was their advantage, hence what I saw was a comprehensive win for the Lankans.

I call it as I see it.

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 10:38 AM
Your complacency was their advantage, hence what I saw was a comprehensive win for the Lankans.

I call it as I see it.

Exactly, if we had not taken them lightly they would not have won, this is why that was a fluke. Can they repeat that feat? Yes but only once in a blue moon, textbook definition of fluke.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 10:42 AM
Exactly, if we had not taken them lightly they would not have won, this is why that was a fluke.

Well good.

This series has been one of the most one-sided in history.

I have watched so little of it because I know what the result will be. I saw a highlight of a match in an earlier game where Virat ran out Kapugedera (I think) with an underarm flick. It was perfect, that's what coaches teach.

I saw that a few hours ago...

My school will start next week, will watch even less of cricket.

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 10:55 AM
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Rahul
Pant
Manish Pandey
Pandya
Kedar
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumra

This should be our ODI team going forward.

Edit: Brilliant catch by Matthews, Lankans are making a comeback here.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 10:58 AM
Sending Tharanga down the order was the worst move that SL has made

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 10:59 AM
Damn man!! I gotta learn to keep my mouth shut while the match is still on

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:04 AM
One heck of a spell from Akila!!

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:04 AM
3 wickets in one over. What the hell is going on here?!

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:09 AM
Is there a twist in the tale?

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:11 AM
Last 5 overs: 26 runs, 5 wkts

Now that Hardik and Mahi at the crease, I don't think that there will be any more hiccups.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:11 AM
From Harsha Bhogle:

This is a full blown collapse. And nobody is reading Dananjaya's wrong-uns. Sri Lanka, where have you been hiding him?

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:13 AM
Oh my, another one!

5-fer for Akila

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:15 AM
So Pandya wanted to attack the guy from the onset. Attack is a best form of defence:

That was the second ball Pandya was facing off Dananjaya and he advanced down to get to pitch, is nowhere close to the ball as it dips in front of him, beats him on the inside edge and Dickwella does the rest.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:23 AM
Axar goes now and this is now a 6-wicket haul for Akila!

fush_montor
August 24, 2017, 11:27 AM
amazing stuff! has any BPL team signed Akila D yet?

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:28 AM
As long as Mahi is still there, there is still hope

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 11:37 AM
Never ever have I been humbled like this, wish I could somehow undo my comments, SL in SL is still a force to reckon with at least in limited overs.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:38 AM
Akila's full name:

Mahamarakkala Kurukulasooriya Patabendige Akila Dananjaya Perera

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:42 AM
Bhuvi can bat also. Hold an end with Mahi. Akila has only 2 more overs remaining, and then go for the kill.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:44 AM
If I am not mistaken, this match is SL's 800th ODI match

shuridh
August 24, 2017, 11:52 AM
Dhoni is the last hope for indians.
What a collapse.

simon
August 24, 2017, 12:58 PM
are there more twists left in this game ? :)
80+ prtnrship btween Ms & Bhuvi

Zeeshan
August 24, 2017, 01:03 PM
nutun ci layout dekhle mathay rokto uthe jay

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 01:03 PM
Knew this was coming... almost a perfect script

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 01:09 PM
Excellent inning from Bhuvi under pressure, always knew he could bat. I am shocked to see the Seppuku committed by our middle order, gifted wickets (Not taking anything away from Akila) at will, we should have won this match with at least 8 wks in hand, collapse and stupid shot selections are not the things one would associated with our batting line up, we should try to keep it that way, we need to be ruthless and clinical at the same time while dealing with weaker teams.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 01:10 PM
This had to be one of Mahi's finest knocks.

Well done to the pair of Mahi-bhuvi

simon
August 24, 2017, 01:13 PM
this will frustrate LAnkan fans even more

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 01:17 PM
this will frustrate LAnkan fans even more

If anything this should frustrate Indian fans, from 109/0 to 131/7 against Lanka, WTF!! Not trying to be a snob but our batters simply gifted wks and made it easy for Akila.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 01:40 PM
It was all Akila. The rest were toothless

R0ssei
August 24, 2017, 01:43 PM
Akila's full name:

Mahamarakkala Kurukulasooriya Patabendige Akila Dananjaya Perera

The red part is perhaps the clan name, family honor etc. The blue part is the actual name(s).

After today, he may add another word to his clan. :clap:

simon
August 24, 2017, 01:46 PM
Akila friends with Mowgli

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 02:11 PM
Akila friends with Mowgli

That's Akela though, means solitary or lone in Hindi, not Akila.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 02:12 PM
Akila and the Bee.

Anyone remember that movie?

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 02:18 PM
Akila and the Bee.

Anyone remember that movie?

Yep, fine movie, but again that was Akeelah not Akila. :D

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 02:19 PM
Yep, fine movie, but again that was Akeelah not Akila. :D

Man, sounds the same nuh

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 02:34 PM
Man, sounds the same nuh

Yep, pretty much though

DinRaat.
August 24, 2017, 07:08 PM
Akila as in the character from The Jungle Book.

NoName
August 24, 2017, 09:51 PM
Is this another mystery bowler produced by the Lankans

jeesh
August 24, 2017, 10:49 PM
Tremendous spell. The guy was in the T20 WC squad 5 years ago, selected without playing a competitive match. Disappeared and came back.

Reminded me of the Mendis spell, only this time Dhoni was able to stand in the way.

Odd bowler though, got bulk of his wicket with googlies. Will be someone who will mix it up bowl off break and leg break. Indians will probably have him figured by next game.

vayuu1
August 25, 2017, 02:09 AM
One akila rest thakela

Roy_1
August 27, 2017, 11:49 AM
Turns out SL crowd are not nearly as civilized as people often try to portray them to be, the same subcontinental lot. Hurling bottles now, cool.

aklemalp
August 27, 2017, 11:56 AM
Turns out SL crowd are not nearly as civilized as people often try to portray them to be, the same subcontinental lot. Hurling bottles now, cool.

The least that could happen is that the venue will be banned from international cricket.

Gotta feel for the fans. Their team sucks.

mufi_02
August 27, 2017, 11:57 AM

I don't know why others think SL has good crowds. At least India/BD has passionate crowds that makes up the lively environment.

SL always has boring crowds. And now have turned abusive too.

SportingBD
August 27, 2017, 12:03 PM
Most Asian crowds are abusive.

Just let them lose couple of matches like SL for a sustain period @ home.

Than you will see what kind of abusive fans they have.

SportingBD
August 27, 2017, 12:04 PM
BD is a bit different, because we have been used to losing..

maybe you could say we developed a thick skin..

Roy_1
August 27, 2017, 12:26 PM
I don't know why others think SL has good crowds. At least India/BD has passionate crowds that makes up the lively environment.

SL always has boring crowds. And now have turned abusive too.

I couldn't agree more.

I Remember having a debate with someone in this forum, perhaps with Nightwolf, he was making a point about how we (Ind, BD, Pak fans) have a lot to learn from Lankans, lol.

Roy_1
August 27, 2017, 12:27 PM
The least that could happen is that the venue will be banned from international cricket.

That will be too harsh, I am not a monster, I feel for their fans too.

aklemalp
August 27, 2017, 12:29 PM
At least Dhoni found a nice spot to take a nap.

Roy_1
August 27, 2017, 12:36 PM
Most Asian crowds are abusive.

Just let them lose couple of matches like SL for a sustain period @ home.

Than you will see what kind of abusive fans they have.

You need to watch some soccer matches if you think only Asian crowds are abusive, do a little research about soccer hooligans from first world countries. Fans all over the world are besically same when **** hits the fan.

SportingBD
August 27, 2017, 12:41 PM
You need to watch some soccer matches if you think only Asian crowds are abusive, do a little research about soccer hooligans from first world countries. Fans all over the world are besically same when **** hits the fan.

That is very true. But I was referring to cricket.

I don't think in cricket countries like England/South Africa/NZ etc will have abusive fans like Asian countries do.

When I mean abusive (I mean beyond the limit of being abusive, burning down houses, throwing things etc), more of a physical abusiveness.

Roy_1
August 27, 2017, 12:55 PM
That is very true. But I was referring to cricket.

I don't think in cricket countries like England/South Africa/NZ etc will have abusive fans like Asian countries do.

When I mean abusive (I mean beyond the limit of being abusive, burning down houses, throwing things etc), more of a physical abusiveness.

Cricket is not their primary sport, they are nowhere near as passionate as us when it comes to cricket.

BTW I would like to know whose house was burned down?

Yankees
August 27, 2017, 01:03 PM
I disagree. Sri Lankans as fans are much much better than Ind/Pak/BD fans. Today is perhaps the worst it will ever get. Overall, they are very good. Not coincidently, they are also more educated than the other 3, which explains a lot.

aklemalp
August 27, 2017, 01:12 PM
The grounds are so big that they are so far from the action.

They have some of the most cooperative ground staff in the world... covering the entire field when it rains. I sensed a lot of unity.

SportingBD
August 27, 2017, 02:34 PM
Cricket is not their primary sport, they are nowhere near as passionate as us when it comes to cricket.

BTW I would like to know whose house was burned down?

Burned down is not the correct term that should have been used, apologies. It was used to express the level of physical abuse/harm player get in subcontinent.

like ' Wicketkeeper Dhoni's home attacked after Indian loss'
http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/258/wicketkeeper-dhonis-home-attacked-after-indian-loss

'Pakistani Fans Completely Lose It And Attack Sourav Ganguly's Car After Their Team Enters Champions Trophy Final'
http://www.indiatimes.com/sports/pakistani-fans-completely-lose-it-and-attack-sourav-ganguly-s-car-after-their-team-enters-champions-trophy-final-323991.html

Just a few from a quick google search..

and of course todays incident.

Roy_1
August 27, 2017, 04:13 PM
Burned down is not the correct term that should have been used, apologies. It was used to express the level of physical abuse/harm player get in subcontinent.

No problem, try to be more factual going ahead instead of just saying things for the heck of it.

like ' Wicketkeeper Dhoni's home attacked after Indian loss'
http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/258/wicketkeeper-dhonis-home-attacked-after-indian-loss

'Pakistani Fans Completely Lose It And Attack Sourav Ganguly's Car After Their Team Enters Champions Trophy Final'
http://www.indiatimes.com/sports/pakistani-fans-completely-lose-it-and-attack-sourav-ganguly-s-car-after-their-team-enters-champions-trophy-final-323991.html

Just a few from a quick google search..

and of course todays incident.

Not sure what point point you are trying to score here, but our fans are not even half bad as soccer fans, there is a wikipedia page dedicated to that for crying out loud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3773616/football-hooligans-glasgow-scotland-england-match-bottles-thrown-at-players-fan-glassed-arrests/

I don't know a single instance where a cricketer (Domestic or International) got physically assaulted by a fan, which is a common occurrence Latin American soccer culture.

SportingBD
August 27, 2017, 04:21 PM
Why are you comparing cricket to football?

My point was made about cricket not football.

In cricket you find most abusive fans from subcontinent.

That's something thats valid and true. Now you saying soccer is worse doesn't change that fact.

aklemalp
August 27, 2017, 04:29 PM
One thing we learn from this is that SL are passionate fans, like most cricket fans around the world.

I remember something similar happened in the west indies in 99 when Australia came to visit.

In an ODI, Sherwin Campbell went for a quick single, and Julien the bowler stepped in front of him, he was run out.

The crowds replied with throwing bottle into the field. One evenhit Steve Waugh if I am not mistaken.

The match referee, India's Raman Subba Row had to reversed the decision and send Campbell back in the middle.

This followed a mid-pitch collision between Barbadian batting hero Sherwin Campbell and Australian bowler, Brendon Julian, in the final game of a tense and enthralling One-Day series.

Campbell fell and never made it to his end of the wicket. While still on the ground, he appealed to umpire Eddie Nicholls who gave him "run out".

As Campbell made his way to the pavilion, rebellion erupted. Bottles began to fly on to the grounds, firstly one by one; then by the tens. Then there were two concrete blocks, chicken bones, two plastic chairs - almost anything patrons laid their hands on.

The entire perimeter of Kensington was littered with missiles. The players made their way to the dressing room and more missiles trailed them. Australian captain Steve Waugh narrowly missed being struck by a bottle as he was about to enter the pavilion, escorted by police.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/77877.html

Roy_1
August 27, 2017, 04:34 PM
Why are you comparing cricket to football?

My point was made about cricket not football.

In cricket you find most abusive fans from subcontinent.

That's something thats valid and true. Now you saying soccer is worse doesn't change that fact.

Because you started with this

"Most Asian crowds are abusive." which does not clarify if cricket or soccer.

Yes, subcontinent has the most abusive cricket fans, there is no denying about that. I already mentioned here the reason SA/Eng/NZ fans don't go batshit crazy like us is cuz they are not half as passionate about cricket as we are. This is the reason I was talking about soccer to give you an idea that whenever passion and emotion runs high violence often follows, west does not have crazy cricket fans cuz they don't give a crap about cricket, if cricket was popular there you would have seen marauding cricket hooligans infesting our streets whenever their teams visit us.

brockley
August 27, 2017, 04:56 PM
Sri Lanka are woeful,will they fall behind the Windies and Afghanistan.
Yeh heard about their fans,I guess they had enough.

Yankees
August 27, 2017, 05:46 PM
http://www.indiatimes.com/sports/pakistani-fans-completely-lose-it-and-attack-sourav-ganguly-s-car-after-their-team-enters-champions-trophy-final-323991.html[/URL]

Leave it to Pakistanis to always attack a Bengali. :facepalm:

Yankees
August 27, 2017, 05:53 PM

Actually after looking at the videos, its not so bad. Just harmless taunting.

SH Anik
August 27, 2017, 06:30 PM

wth..man! He was not attacked for being bengali here..get your facts correct!!

Yankees
August 27, 2017, 06:38 PM
wth..man! He was not attacked for being bengali here..get your facts correct!!

oh really? you don't say. Thanks for pointing it out. I would have never known otherwise.

jeesh
August 29, 2017, 05:27 AM
http://www.asianmirror.lk/news/item/25091-kapugedara-to-be-rested-after-making-wrong-announcement-upon-winning-the-toss-stand-in-captain-severely-censured-by-team-management

Well theres a first time. Apparently stand-in captain Kapugedara decided to bat first by mistake.

Mas_UK25
August 29, 2017, 07:20 AM
http://www.asianmirror.lk/news/item/25091-kapugedara-to-be-rested-after-making-wrong-announcement-upon-winning-the-toss-stand-in-captain-severely-censured-by-team-management

Well theres a first time. Apparently stand-in captain Kapugedara decided to bat first by mistake.

It's going bad to worse for SL. What a hower by Kapugedara.

aklemalp
August 31, 2017, 01:05 PM
Easiest century Kohli got in along time.

Congrats on the 29th!

Roy_1
August 31, 2017, 02:28 PM
Easiest century Kohli got in along time.

Congrats on the 29th!

No century is easy my friend, it is the century makers who make us feel so.

aklemalp
August 31, 2017, 03:04 PM
No century is easy my friend, it is the century makers who make us feel so.

When you are you used to doing something it becomes second nature.

Kohli is a legend. In his mind, this was as easy as they come :)

NoName
August 31, 2017, 07:19 PM
Geez, make it stop. This is too much to witness from SL

cricket_king
August 31, 2017, 08:10 PM
Holy moly lanka are terrible. Absolute pasting at home.

Habib
August 31, 2017, 11:55 PM
Thankfully haven't watched a single game of this farce. Phew.

Rifat
September 1, 2017, 12:03 AM

the match when Akela Dhananjaya took 6 wickets was a great match to watch. MS Dhoni + B. Kumar rescued India from embarassment that day.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/17891/scorecard/1109606/Sri-Lanka-vs-India-2nd-ODI

jeesh
September 1, 2017, 12:22 AM
And i dont think you would ever want to. Although great series for Ten Sports for their highlight shows :lol:

Roy_1
September 1, 2017, 12:32 AM
And i dont think you would ever want to. Although great series for Ten Sports for their highlight shows :lol:

This same SL will be highly competitive against Pakistan in their next series, mark my words. We are just too ruthless against weaker teams, I too am waiting for Aus to come, hopefully we will see some proper contest.

SL have not won any bilateral series against us since 1997, so it is not like we started to dominate them only recently.

aklemalp
September 3, 2017, 12:48 PM
Another century for Kohli bhai. Another day at the office. Another century in a chase.

30th ODI century.

NoName
September 3, 2017, 02:26 PM
Centuries are meaningless when Kohli does it

Literally the God of Chasing

Yankees
September 3, 2017, 02:53 PM
Can't stand Kohli. And my second favorite team is SL. So this has just been the worst possible series.

brockley
September 3, 2017, 05:56 PM
Sri Lanka should play the qualfiers,they are on a downward spiral fast.
Why do teams even play them in one dayers.

aklemalp
September 3, 2017, 07:33 PM
What a milestone for Mahi. 100 stumping in ODIs. Legend

Roy_1
September 3, 2017, 09:05 PM
I am so glad that Rahane didn't score much else he would have been persisted with, absolutely mediocre limited over batsman by our standard, we already have more than enough passengers and accumulators, can't afford to have one more.

Roy_1
September 3, 2017, 10:07 PM
Sri Lanka should play the qualfiers,they are on a downward spiral fast.
Why do teams even play them in one dayers.

Yeah right, so whenever we beat any team convincingly they must be on a downward spiral or the weakest ever team in the history of cricket, they beat us in the CT, almost defeated Pak and were more than competitive against Bangladesh not so long ago, I wonder how!!

I can bet my bottom dollar that they will be super competitive against Pak in that upcoming series.

Roy_1
September 3, 2017, 10:18 PM
Centuries are meaningless when Kohli does it

Literally the God of Chasing

30 centuries in less than 200 matches, incredible record this is, amazing conversion rate, already an ATG in the limited overs, just one WC win away from being called a GOAT.

Night_wolf
September 3, 2017, 10:36 PM
30 centuries in less than 200 matches, incredible record this is, amazing conversion rate, already an ATG in the limited overs, just one WC win away from being called a GOAT.

wasn't he part of the 2011 wc squad?

Roy_1
September 3, 2017, 10:41 PM
wasn't he part of the 2011 wc squad?

He was, but it was mostly Yuvi and Sachin who won us that cup, although Virat did score a century against you guys and a fighting knock of 35 something against Lanka in the final when we were in all sorts of trouble.

Jadukor
September 3, 2017, 11:20 PM
wow.. what a one sided series this has been. Really sad to see Sri Lanka going down like this. Even though Sanga, Jayawardene and Dilshan stuck around to steer the ship for as long as they could.. the newer generation never arrived. The likes of De Silva Jaysuria and Ranatunga must be hurting like hell seeing this.

Night_wolf
September 3, 2017, 11:21 PM
wow.. what a one sided series this has been. Really sad to see Sri Lanka going down like this. Even though Sanga, Jayawardene and Dilshan stuck around to steer the ship for as long as they could.. the newer generation never arrived. The likes of De Silva Jaysuria and Ranatunga must be hurting like hell seeing this.

we'll be hit even harder after our trio goes

Roy_1
September 4, 2017, 12:01 AM
we'll be hit even harder after our trio goes

No offense, but this is pure fear-mongering, your seniors still have 8-10 years of cricket left in each of them for God sake.

Night_wolf
September 4, 2017, 12:59 AM
No offense, but this is pure fear-mongering, your seniors still have 8-10 years of cricket left in each of them for God sake.

we do not have the experience of our players playing well in their late 30s. so the fear-mongering is normal. shakib is 30, tamim is 29 mushy is 29..as my past experience with BD cricket is concern I dont expect them to be as good as they are now after 5 years.

patriot
September 4, 2017, 06:26 AM
When is this series starting?

shahid ali
September 4, 2017, 06:40 AM
reallity check.. o world beaters(India) face Pakistan .

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 07:05 AM
Yeah right, so whenever we beat any team convincingly they must be on a downward spiral or the weakest ever team in the history of cricket, they beat us in the CT, almost defeated Pak and were more than competitive against Bangladesh not so long ago, I wonder how!!SL just lost to Zim at home. Zim lost to Afgans at home.

I can bet my bottom dollar that they will be super competitive against Pak in that upcoming series.Good for Cricket but I am not sure it will happen.

Roy_1
September 4, 2017, 01:16 PM
SL just lost to Zim at home. Zim lost to Afgans at home.
Good for Cricket but I am not sure it will happen.

That post was not meant for you Tiger da, it was for the haters, Whitewasing SL in SL is no small feat, you should know better.

Regarding Pak series, I will open a thread and keep you posted on that. :)