PDA

View Full Version : Tamim for Essex T20

tiger1000
July 8, 2017, 02:44 PM
Couldn't find official thread, not sure if posted

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2017/content/story/1109705.html

ReZ_1
July 9, 2017, 07:28 AM
So today at 9pm bdt tamim have the first game against Kent. Any idea if it will be televised?

Fahim
July 9, 2017, 11:17 AM
well my man flopped already lol

RazabQ
July 9, 2017, 11:31 PM
If Mohammed Amir is giving up 12 RPO, going after TIK in his first game seems a bit harsh.

RazabQ
July 9, 2017, 11:36 PM
I get it that TIK is no Stu Broad or Bruce Reid, but c'mon, diminutive left-hander???
The Kiwi paceman extracted immediate revenge however, bowling Tamim, on 7, with a slower ball as the diminutive left-hander advanced
Tyrion Lannister is diminutive. Mominul is diminutive. James Taylor is diminutive. TIK, in build or stature is NOT diminutive.

From http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2017/content/story/1110023.html

ReZ_1
July 10, 2017, 07:42 AM
What is the result?

aklemalp
July 10, 2017, 07:49 AM
I get it that TIK is no Stu Broad or Bruce Reid, but c'mon, diminutive left-hander???

Tyrion Lannister is diminutive. Mominul is diminutive. James Taylor is diminutive. TIK, in build or stature is NOT diminutive.

Probably the guy who wrote that article was as tall as the Mountain.

bujhee kom
July 10, 2017, 12:43 PM
Quickly...Tell me...Is there a Century??

Yankees
July 10, 2017, 03:44 PM

LMAO I see you commented on the article as well. I would say just let it go. Maybe the guy has no idea who TIK is, maybe he was thinking of someone else, or maybe there is a touch of racism there. Who cares. Whoever wrote it isn't even relevant enough to have his/her name on the article.

hoodlum
July 11, 2017, 06:45 AM
Tamim's stay with Essex comes to an end. He will be back home soon.

jeesh
July 11, 2017, 06:50 AM
Any reasons?

DinRaat.
July 11, 2017, 06:50 AM
LMAO I see you commented on the article as well. I would say just let it go. Maybe the guy has no idea who TIK is, maybe he was thinking of someone else, or maybe there is a touch of racism there. Who cares. Whoever wrote it isn't even relevant enough to have his/her name on the article.

Lol....

ReZ_1
July 11, 2017, 07:47 AM
http://www.bdmorning.com/sports/203191

RazabQ
July 11, 2017, 10:25 AM
That site is loaded with virus and pop-ups

Yankees
July 11, 2017, 02:48 PM
Apparently Tamim's wife was a victim of hate crime, according to Daily Star...

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/bangladesh-opener-tamim-iqbal-leaves-essex-eagles-after-one-game-1431604

If this is true, then it was the right move by Tamim. Somethings are more important than cricket.

godzilla
July 11, 2017, 03:03 PM
Any reasons?

Someone tried to throw ACID at Tamim's wife (She wears a Hijab). Disgusting ... I can't believe this even took place.

http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/bangladesh-cricket-tamim-iqbal-pulls-out-county-1431763

roman
July 11, 2017, 03:28 PM
Just came here to post this news. This is so shocking and horrifying. Tamim did the right thing. Safety of family is the number one priority.

SportingBD
July 11, 2017, 03:37 PM
Is dailystar reliable? anyone? don't usually trust BD media.. but they can't make this up?

Looks genuine?

Rana Melb
July 11, 2017, 04:08 PM
London situation is getting worst..

iDumb
July 11, 2017, 04:54 PM
And that loser english player whatever his name is doesn't want to tour BD because it's "unsafe" despite promising top class security. Fix your own pathetic country first.

Tamim did what anyone else would have done... Imagine if this was in Bangladesh where an English cricketers wife was targeted.. it would be on front page of cricinfo, all major news outlet and on tv.... and there would be cancelled tours to bangladesh by all our "western" cricket nations.

Fazal
July 11, 2017, 06:54 PM
Are you sure the news of hate crime is true? Because I am getting conflicting info from other source.

kalpurush
July 11, 2017, 06:58 PM
Are you sure the news of hate crime is true? Because I am getting conflicting info from other source.

Please enlighten us ... Fazal manu :)

kalpurush
July 11, 2017, 07:03 PM
Is dailystar reliable? anyone? don't usually trust BD media.. but they can't make this up?

Looks genuine?

Usually, The Daily Star and Prothom Alo are among the reliable newspapers in Bangladesh as far I know...

kalpurush
July 11, 2017, 07:10 PM
আতঙ্কে দেশে ফিরছেন তামিম!

[বাংলা]

পরশু রাতে সপরিবার রাতের খাবার খেয়ে রেস্টুরেন্ট থেকে বাসায় ফিরছিলেন তামিম ইকবাল। ঠিক তখনই কয়েকজন তাঁদের ধাওয়া করে। দৌড়ে নিরাপদ আশ্রয়ে গিয়ে বেঁচেছেন তাঁরা। এ ঘটনার পর আতঙ্কিত তামিম কাল রাতেই লন্ডন থেকে স্ত্রী-পুত্র নিয়ে দেশের বিমান ধরেছেন।
[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1247896/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%99%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%95%E0%A 7%87-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B6%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%AB%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87%E0%A 6%A8-%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AE

Fazal
July 11, 2017, 07:17 PM
Please enlighten us ... Fazal manu :)

My source is just a regular guy that I know who is claiming he talked with Tamim and Tamim denied the hate crime. But as multiple news media is saying, may be that guy bluffed us.

Anyway we will know for sure within next few days.

kalpurush
July 11, 2017, 07:25 PM
My source is just a regular guy that I know who is claiming he talked with Tamim and Tamim denied the hate crime. But as multiple news media is saying, may be that guy bluffed us.

Anyway we will know for sure within next few days.

I wish media only portraits nothing but the truth...

Rifat
July 11, 2017, 11:19 PM
Wow. There is a ton of deeni activity in England. so the terror attacks that happened as a backlash and now this :sigh:. It's a vicious cycle.

Habib
July 12, 2017, 12:05 AM
Before going into any outrage, I am just relieved that Tamim and his family are safe. Alhamdulillah. The world has gone to the dogs.

DinRaat.
July 12, 2017, 01:47 AM
Contacted, Tamim, however, said he was returning home purely for personal reasons.

Yea with that sentence structure, no wonder Bangladeshi media is in the gutters

BengaliPagol
July 12, 2017, 05:52 AM
Tamim made a post about it on his fb page

bujhee kom
July 12, 2017, 08:21 AM
Anik-SH maybe right...I am just glad that Tamim and his family is outta there!

tanvir_nus
July 12, 2017, 04:58 PM
If it's true and Tamim wanted to save his county career, he should have waited for some time to post that on FB. He came back to BD anyways, he could have done so many things differently. I feel he took an emotional decision to quit, he could have stayed back and played while his family is back home. Having said that, family is one thing no one wants a compromise on, whichever angle you look at it, the story and the truth needs to be told in the end. If Tamim did face this, I feel it would be equally important to tell the truth and actually get those f***** to justice. I just feel, the whole thing could have been handled better, but then again we are living in strange times and no Bangladeshi cricketer has faced this ever probably, it becomes even more important to handle this properly now actually!

Habib
July 13, 2017, 02:24 AM
Not going into a debate on whether Tamim is right to try keeping it a secret. But if that was his intention, it failed horribly, thanks to that anonymous inside source at BCB. Also, I agree that he should have listened to Papon and sent back his family to BD and stayed back there to finish his stint with Essex. Then again the incident could probably be highly traumatizing for him, so I won't judge.

As for those 'fans' going over to ECB and Essex's website or FB pages and arguing with them or calling them names, are a disgrace just like those racists that harassed Tamim's family, when Tamim has made it clear that he doesn't want anyone else to advocate for him. Those fans lack true education.

MHRAM
July 13, 2017, 03:10 AM
I am in no position to judge but I believe I'd the news is true then he simply wishes to deny what happened so that no one asks further questions. Before my father died he was in the CCU for several days and in the entire period I didn't tell any of my friends about his condition because they would otherwise constantly call me and ask me about his condition. In these moments it's difficult to even mention your scenario.

When things happen to you, you just want to leave everything behind rather than constantly being bothered by others and in the process it makes you feel worse as you are kept reminded of something unfortunate that has happened. At such times your mental well being is far more important than random people being acknowledged. After my father died and my friends got to know they showered me with meaningless sympathy and many criticized me for not mentioning it before. But they wouldn't know anything about losing a father so unless you are in someone's shoe you can't say anything. None of my friends figured out how to go about talking to me because they never had been in my shoes

If Tamim really faced it, it was traumatizing. And he wants to forget it and move on not for the sake of anyone's image but his own mental well being. His wife and kid is important to him. If anything he doesn't want to talk about it.

And he has the right to avoid this as much as he want. We fans have the right to ask him about his cricket but nothing else. We feel a sense of false entitlement to our player's personal lives

But in reality our only relation with them is through cricket. We need to respect the decision made by these people.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

bujhee kom
July 13, 2017, 07:58 AM
^^^My dear MHRAM Bhaiya, that is a superb post, very clearly and sincerely explained.
You are absolutely right and thank you for helping us understand things that we often otherwise fail to.

SH Anik
July 13, 2017, 08:20 AM
I am in no position to judge but I believe I'd the news is true then he simply wishes to deny what happened so that no one asks further questions. Before my father died he was in the CCU for several days and in the entire period I didn't tell any of my friends about his condition because they would otherwise constantly call me and ask me about his condition. In these moments it's difficult to even mention your scenario.

When things happen to you, you just want to leave everything behind rather than constantly being bothered by others and in the process it makes you feel worse as you are kept reminded of something unfortunate that has happened. At such times your mental well being is far more important than random people being acknowledged. After my father died and my friends got to know they showered me with meaningless sympathy and many criticized me for not mentioning it before. But they wouldn't know anything about losing a father so unless you are in someone's shoe you can't say anything. None of my friends figured out how to go about talking to me because they never had been in my shoes

If Tamim really faced it, it was traumatizing. And he wants to forget it and move on not for the sake of anyone's image but his own mental well being. His wife and kid is important to him. If anything he doesn't want to talk about it.

And he has the right to avoid this as much as he want. We fans have the right to ask him about his cricket but nothing else. We feel a sense of false entitlement to our player's personal lives

But in reality our only relation with them is through cricket. We need to respect the decision made by these people.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

This is what I meant :up:

Shadow
July 13, 2017, 10:31 AM
It's clear Tamim doesn't want to talk about it. That's why he was quick to address the matter on twitter. Another report of PA says Tamim's agent Rudrip Bandopadhyay claims the incident to be true. So, Tamim cannot trust his privacy on these people.

Mas_UK25
July 13, 2017, 03:28 PM
It's shocking what is happening in UK! These hate crime gone over the top! Tamim definitely seems shocked by it hence he does want to get into details and make it a headline but by not doing this it's hiding away the issue. The issue has to be pointed out to the media otherwise who knows how many more Muslims players will be going through these stuffs.

My question, would be since your there for a short stint, why even take family there when there's hate crime against Muslims going on? And why even go around dinning out at a period not so friendly, and many acid attacks going on?

I get that it's a nice place to go for shopping, vaction with fam. Just in context it wasn't the right time with fam, roaming around off the field.

Gowza
July 13, 2017, 08:01 PM
Horrible, many reasons why tamim might not be talking including the protection of his family. Last thing he'd want is for his family to have stayed longer due to an investigation.

ahnaf
July 14, 2017, 01:19 AM
Horrible, many reasons why tamim might not be talking including the protection of his family. Last thing he'd want is for his family to have stayed longer due to an investigation.

Most probably this. Cant blame him.

Fazal
July 14, 2017, 10:48 AM
Saw a news that one of the youth who was throwing acid in multiple incidents in recent time is caught.