PDA

View Full Version : ***Cricket Board's Vs. Players***

SportingBD
July 11, 2017, 08:34 AM
West Indies Board Vs. Players; Australia Board Vs. Players? More to follow in the future? Will we've players of different cricket boards also have some kind of disagreement with their board? How's the trend looking? To me it's heading towards a bad direction. What's your opinion about this player Vs board issue?

SportingBD
July 11, 2017, 08:40 AM
Can players collectively force boards to accept their demands? Who holds the key?

SportingBD
July 11, 2017, 08:45 AM
Are the cricket boards at risk of losing power? Or their power becoming less over time? In terms of control over players?

mufi_02
July 11, 2017, 09:13 AM
Too many questions and no answers. At least establish a premise to initiate a conversation.

SportingBD
July 11, 2017, 09:19 AM
Too many questions and no answers. At least establish a premise to initiate a conversation.

This topic is too big to have one specific question. The first one would be where do you see this board Vs players end up? Is that a good or bad thing for cricket.

Tigers_eye
July 11, 2017, 09:29 AM
I know SL cricket board had problems with their players. So did Zimbabwe. South Africa has their Quota system and exodus to deal with.

The rest of the boards may have problems with individual players like KP, Shakib, Ross Taylor. Not with the whole players association.

SportingBD
July 11, 2017, 10:21 AM
I know SL cricket board had problems with their players. So did Zimbabwe. South Africa has their Quota system and exodus to deal with.

The rest of the boards may have problems with individual players like KP, Shakib, Ross Taylor. Not with the whole players association.

Interesting development in SL cricket - there seems to be disagreement and some level of blaming going on between retired cricketers (Sanga and Mahela) Vs. Current board. Something to look at and see how it transpires.

Tigers_eye
July 11, 2017, 04:19 PM
Interesting development in SL cricket - there seems to be disagreement and some level of blaming going on between retired cricketers (Sanga and Mahela) Vs. Current board. Something to look at and see how it transpires.I don't want Sanga and Mahela to take over before 2019 WC. Once they are in power, I am 110% sure they will steal our coach. :down:

jeesh
July 11, 2017, 09:29 PM
Is franchise cricket the root of all these issues? Players being driven more by money?

jeesh
July 11, 2017, 09:30 PM
I don't want Sanga and Mahela to take over before 2019 WC. Once they are in power, I am 110% sure they will steal our coach. :down:
Unless of course they buy out SLC i doubt it can happen. In a country like SL or BD, any sporting administration will always be controlled by state.

SportingBD
July 13, 2017, 09:40 AM
CWI agrees truce with star players over availability: Good news for West Indies fans. Star players set to make return to international cricket. http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/1110424.html