PDA

View Full Version : ***Tamim incident and Fake Media report***

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 02:38 AM
So who do we trust? When our media uses lies and rumours to spread sensitive news for 'Cheap Marketing' Tamim confirmed the alleged acid incident not true.

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 03:42 AM
Even after Tamim saying the incident is NOT true, some of our Bangladeshi youths playing the conspiracy card by saying his been forced? Such a shame. Why do they think like that?

SH Anik
July 12, 2017, 03:43 AM
What! I just bashed some English people in ECB’s Facebook page. Argued with them for an hour..time lost.

Not just me, Bangladeshis are flooding with complaints in ECB's Facebook page..all faults of Bangladesh media.

Yankees
July 12, 2017, 03:48 AM
What! I just bashed some English people in ECB’s Facebook page. Argued with them for an hour..time lost.

Not just me, Bangladeshis are flooding with complaints in ECB's Facebook page..all faults of Bangladesh media.

...and why exactly did you feel the need to do that? Even if it was true, what does ECB have to do with this?

Yankees
July 12, 2017, 03:50 AM
This is a shame. Daily Star is (was) my go-to source for all BD related news. They've let me down big time.

SH Anik
July 12, 2017, 04:02 AM
...and why exactly did you feel the need to do that? Even if it was true, what does ECB have to do with this?

Actually I didn't bash the board, just copy pasted the news there and complained about English society's discrimination against a certain group. That's it. Some English guys replied and asked my source of the news. And some arguments took place.

I deleted my comment by the way.

I don't know but I think Tamim might be telling lie to hide the culprits and be a 'decent' guy. Who knows..:-/

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 04:09 AM
Actually I didn't bash the board, just copy pasted the news there and complained about English society's discrimination against a certain group. That's it. Some English guys replied and asked my source of the news. And some arguments took place.

I deleted my comment by the way.

I don't know but I think Tamim might be telling lie to hide the culprits and be a 'decent' guy. Who knows..:-/

Oh dear Anik! Don't tell me you are one of those youths using the 'conspiracy' card. Such a shame. The man himself admitted it was NOT true and now youths like yourself and others are saying maybe his been forced. Why do our youths think like that? Something to do with cultural upbringing/society? You got it wrong, admit it and move on - don't fall on the conspiracy thing just to prove you were right... accept the mistake, let's learn from it.

DinRaat.
July 12, 2017, 04:43 AM
Tamim should of bashed their heads. If that was me I would of done that, this is why America has gun laws.

Offtopic: Match Adda koi, did he go on a french riviera holiday to monaco with his bottomless wealth.

Yankees
July 12, 2017, 05:36 AM

I don't know whether to laugh or be genuinely concerned for you.

godzilla
July 12, 2017, 05:46 AM

Would you like to entertain us by letting us know on how hiding an acid attack towards his wife would benefit him in any way? But If the man himself is saying that this is false news, surely there must be a very good reason for him to cut his stint by 7 matches. I would assume family matters.

DinRaat.
July 12, 2017, 06:55 AM
Would you like to entertain us by letting us know on how hiding an acid attack towards his wife would benefit him in any way? But If the man himself is saying that this is false news, surely there must be a very good reason for him to cut his stint by 7 matches. I would assume family matters.

Yea, by hiding an acid attack he is trying to protect the perpetrators, Anik SH Logic.

But wait, maybe he wanted to get acid attack for publicity

(sarcasm)

DinRaat.
July 12, 2017, 06:58 AM

S.H Anik Brain is a empty bottomless vase, you pour water through it,all drips out.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yea acid attack your wife and protect the perpertrators, I don`t know about you but Bangladeshis don't roll that way, maybe pakistanis but not us man.

Night_wolf
July 12, 2017, 07:02 AM
most of Bangladeshi Facebook portion is full of gullible people..they attack boards, players, official with any news fake or real

because of these idiots Bangladeshi fans have a bad reputation

DinRaat.
July 12, 2017, 07:08 AM
I am sorry, but some of these posts are just so funny and hilarious

Some of these fans just pour their guts out on social media, we probably have the best Cyber Army after bangladesh

Some of the hilarious/shameful posts on the Essex page

Rabish England Rabish Essex,,,bastrut Same Pepole,

SH Anik
July 12, 2017, 07:19 AM
S.H Anik Brain is a empty bottomless vase, you pour water through it,all drips out.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yea acid attack your wife and protect the perpertrators, I don`t know about you but Bangladeshis don't roll that way, maybe pakistanis but not us man.

Yea, by hiding an acid attack he is trying to protect the perpetrators, Anik SH Logic.

But wait, maybe he wanted to get acid attack for publicity

(sarcasm)

it could be just suppression of truth to save face for Essex.

Not just me most are also guessing this. Or now you will say that we all have empty bottomless vase for a brain.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1248486/%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AE-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%B2%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%81-%E0%A6%B9%E0%A7%9F%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF (comments)

There is a saying in bengali that 'যাহা রটে, তাহা কিছু না কিছু ঘটে'..

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 07:48 AM
ESPNcricinfo understands that a nervous Tamim reported an altercation to Essex Cricket on Monday, the day after his debut in a NatWest Blast match against Kent at Beckenham, and asked that his contract be terminated so the family could return to Bangladesh. - Tamim definitely hiding something.. Anik u maybe right bro!!!!

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 08:07 AM
I don't believe a single word Tamim now says to the media about this 'personal reason'! Essex board confirmed to ESPN that there was an altercation! Tamim is definitely hiding something.

Tausif
July 12, 2017, 08:15 AM
^Altercation could be anything. Doesn't necessarily have to happen from a hate crime like Bangladesh media reported. Tamim could be at fault for that too for engaging or he could be the victim, who knows. We do not know the full details so better not judge.

What we do know is that Tamim denied any sort of hate crime towards his family. Better believe that and stop with the conspiracy theories.

SH Anik
July 12, 2017, 08:20 AM
David Hopps on Twitter,
"He(Tamim) reported an incident as reason to return home so something happened. What exactly, we don;t pretend to know with confidence. Many stories"

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidKHopps/status/885117192588718080

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 08:21 AM
Totally agree @ Tausif - don't think it's hate crime. But now I'm more confused.

bujhee kom
July 12, 2017, 08:21 AM
ESPNcricinfo understands that a nervous Tamim reported an altercation to Essex Cricket on Monday, the day after his debut in a NatWest Blast match against Kent at Beckenham, and asked that his contract be terminated so the family could return to Bangladesh. - Tamim definitely hiding something.. Anik u maybe right bro!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidKHopps/status/885117192588718080

Anik-SH probably was right...I am just glad that Tamim and his family is outta there!

Yankees
July 12, 2017, 08:24 AM
Even after Tamim saying the incident is NOT true, some of our Bangladeshi youths playing the conspiracy card by saying his been forced? Such a shame. Why do they think like that?

I don't believe a single word Tamim now says to the media about this 'personal reason'! Essex board confirmed to ESPN that there was an altercation! Tamim is definitely hiding something.

Dude you went from being the guy complaining about BD youths with their conspiracy theories, to being a BD youth with a conspiracy theory. :lol::lol::lol: How does this happen? :floor::facepalm:

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 08:29 AM
Dude you went from being the guy complaining about BD youths with their conspiracy theories, to being a BD youth with a conspiracy theory. :lol::lol::lol: How does this happen? :floor::facepalm:

When ESPN came out with the story - everything else doesn't matter. I have complete trust in ESPN. It's most likely not a hate crime but something did happen, altercation per what ESPN understands.

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 08:50 AM
"Ok so it seems Tamim and his family were subject to some sort of harassment incident"; "Yes Tamim denied last nights reports. But further digging and it seems there was something triggering his hurried departure." - Elizabeth Ammon on twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/legsidelizzy/status/885133141769367552

aklemalp
July 12, 2017, 08:52 AM
1984-era?

Yankees
July 12, 2017, 08:59 AM
"Ok so it seems Tamim and his family were subject to some sort of harassment incident"; "Yes Tamim denied last nights reports. But further digging and it seems there was something triggering his hurried departure." - Elizabeth Ammon on twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/legsidelizzy/status/885133141769367552

Somebody commented on that tweet: "If he's left for personal reasons wouldn't it be better to respect the guy's privacy?"

To which Elizabeth replied: "Not if there's a public interest"

ahh spoken like a true conniving reporter. Justifying digging around a guy's personal life by claiming some moral reasoning for doing so. Doing God's work, this Elizabeth.

mufi_02
July 12, 2017, 09:10 AM
this is getting out of control and nasty. I don't understand our fb warriors. what's the point of spamming ECB or Essex page when the news seemed 'plausible' in the beginning? its not like ECB/Essex deliberately had a role in this. all these fb fighters are good for nothing cowards.

and the less said about BD media the better. but I had high regard for Daily Star and they have screwed up here. writing an article on hearsay.

#fakenews

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 09:18 AM
Somebody commented on that tweet: "If he's left for personal reasons wouldn't it be better to respect the guy's privacy?"

To which Elizabeth replied: "Not if there's a public interest"

ahh spoken like a true conniving reporter. Justifying digging around a guy's personal life by claiming some moral reasoning for doing so. Doing God's work, this Elizabeth.

The investigation/digging by the journalist is 100% justified. That's where dailystar failed - didn't properly investigate the incident and just went for alleged acid attack.

kalpurush
July 12, 2017, 11:06 AM
Well, when we all are bashing the BD media, if you read ESPNcricinfo report, you could get a sense that there is something that Tamim and Essex not telling us ...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/1110632.html

NoName
July 12, 2017, 11:25 AM
this is getting out of control and nasty. I don't understand our fb warriors. what's the point of spamming ECB or Essex page when the news seemed 'plausible' in the beginning? its not like ECB/Essex deliberately had a role in this. all these fb fighters are good for nothing cowards.

and the less said about BD media the better. but I had high regard for Daily Star and they have screwed up here. writing an article on hearsay.

#fakenews

FB should implement a sanity test for anyone trying to create an account from BD

aklemalp
July 12, 2017, 11:29 AM
I feel like there are lots of bots on these social media sites, spreading news like these.

On the ICC page on FB, the comment section has been overtaken by Afghans, Pakistanis, Indians all in a virtual showing of online machismo. It's despicable.

Fazal
July 12, 2017, 12:30 PM
I think we should wait few more days before things settle down. Lots of conflicting information from different source (Tamim included). Good or bad, there may be more to this event that we may not know yet. tamim rejected news media's claim but so far didn't provided explanation (besides broad categorization of "personal reason") about why he suddenly left. its odd.

I guess for us, it's better to wait and see before making our own conclusion yet about who is right and who is wrong and who is partially right/wrong.

SH Anik
July 12, 2017, 02:57 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1250021/%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AE-%E0%A6%85%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%80%E0%A 6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%A3

Yankees
July 12, 2017, 03:26 PM
The worst is the Essex Cricket FB page. This is not a page that usually gets a lot of visitors, until today. Literally all the "top posts" are Bengali guys commenting on Tamim and calling England racist/terrorist country.

My personal favorite: "Shimran Afrani I am Bangladesh & want to say that, England is terrorist country & they r can't be safety for playing cricket."

No Shimran, you are definitely not Bangladesh. This would all be hilarious if it wasn't so painfully sad.

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 03:50 PM
The worst is the Essex Cricket FB page. This is not a page that usually gets a lot of visitors, until today. Literally all the "top posts" are Bengali guys commenting on Tamim and calling England racist/terrorist country.

My personal favorite: "Shimran Afrani I am Bangladesh & want to say that, England is terrorist country & they r can't be safety for playing cricket."

No Shimran, you are definitely not Bangladesh. This would all be hilarious if it wasn't so painfully sad.

I tend to stay away from FB, a very inactive user.

Pretty much always on twitter. Hence don't get to read many of those garbage comments.

kalpurush
July 12, 2017, 04:09 PM
[বাংলা]

তামিম অস্বীকার করছেন, কারণ...
[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1250021/%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AE-%E0%A6%85%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%80%E0%A 6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%A3

SportingBD
July 12, 2017, 04:11 PM
^ Any help with English translation?

Is it something really big?

NoName
July 12, 2017, 04:43 PM

Lol that is why I said FB should implement some sort of test before our guys are allowed to make a fb account. Such an embarrassment :facepalm:

roman
July 12, 2017, 06:24 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/tamim-iqbal-essex-exit-hate-crime-alleged-a7836591.html

roman
July 12, 2017, 08:43 PM
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/tamim-iqbal-denies-acid-attack-hate-crime-leaves-essex-t20-personal-reasons-bangladesh/2017-07-12

Vahroone
July 13, 2017, 10:28 AM

Why are you guys so desperate and trigger happy?

ReZ_1
July 13, 2017, 11:54 AM
The incident made such a mess in cricket world, specially exposing our over reacting image. I am not sure if anyone is getting any contract in near future.

I respect Tamim`s privacy, but maybe he could tell the reason being a public figure. People are speculating different things now

Yankees
July 13, 2017, 12:07 PM
Why are you guys so desperate and trigger happy?

HAHAHA pot calling the kettle black. Don't let this worry you Vahroone ji, Indians will always be kings of overreacting. For proof, you need just look at any India-related youtube comment page/fb page/news article/effigies burning on the streets. You global dominance for overreacting is safe.

Vahroone
July 13, 2017, 12:12 PM
HAHAHA pot calling the kettle black. Don't let this worry you Vahroone ji, Indians will always be kings of overreacting. For proof, you need just look at any India-related youtube comment page/fb page/news article/effigies burning on the streets. You global dominance for overreacting is safe.

How do you even know I'm an Indian and why does that even matter? The question is valid and it happens time and time again - especially if one of your 'heroes' is dropped from a T20 league all of you throw a collective hissy fit and spam the team's social media handles for weeks on end.

Probably embarrassing for the player concerned too.

Yankees
July 13, 2017, 12:14 PM
The incident made such a mess in cricket world, specially exposing our over reacting image. I am not sure if anyone is getting any contract in near future.

I respect Tamim`s privacy, but maybe he could tell the reason being a public figure. People are speculating different things now

I agree :up:

Look, there are two possibilities: either Tamim left because of cricket related or because of non-cricket related reasons. If its non-cricket related (personal reasons), that's fine. And if there really was a racial attack (seems unlikely to me at this point), then it's even more justified. Best thing for Tamim is to just say it. Because for all we know, he could have left because of the poor 7 run performance in the 1st game. Who knows.

By not saying anything, it will make it harder for BD players to get county stints in the future.

Yankees
July 13, 2017, 12:21 PM
How do you even know I'm an Indian and why does that even matter? The question is valid and it happens time and time again - especially if one of your 'heroes' is dropped from a T20 league all of you throw a collective hissy fit and spam the team's social media handles for weeks on end.

Probably embarrassing for the player concerned too.

I know you are Indian because you only come out of the woodworks when there's negative news surrounding BD cricket, and only to chastise the fans and the team, and act all high and mighty. That seems to be part of your people's DNA.

Look, I've chastised Anik SH for doing that too. And I do agree with you. But it's really annoying when an Indian comes around pretending to be all high and mighty when they are not. Infact, an Indian overreaction will always beat a Bengali one. All one needs to do is mention Tendulkar without kissing his bum and the death threats come pouring in (for proof, see Maria "I don't know Sachin" Sharapova).

Mas_UK25
July 13, 2017, 03:19 PM
I know you are Indian because you only come out of the woodworks when there's negative news surrounding BD cricket, and only to chastise the fans and the team, and act all high and mighty. That seems to be part of your people's DNA.

Look, I've chastised Anik SH for doing that too. And I do agree with you. But it's really annoying when an Indian comes around pretending to be all high and mighty when they are not. Infact, an Indian overreaction will always beat a Bengali one. All one needs to do is mention Tendulkar without kissing his bum and the death threats come pouring in (for proof, see Maria "I don't know Sachin" Sharapova).

Top befitting post of a reply :up:

I've been saying this for the longest time, some them lurk around until they see a negative or chance to come out and pounce at anything against BD team/players/fans or add any salt to the wounds.Some them just signed up to show nationalism ans how perfect their nation/team is, some just sign up to troll like many we know. You know which sort am talking about. I don't want to be specific otherwise, some protective high ups on here would deem it as "bigotry" and might action against me the innocent one, instead as it happens at times!

NoName
July 14, 2017, 11:14 AM
Lol Varun c/p the comment from Yankees on PP and then gets reminded Indians do the same **** :floor:

Varun man why so desperate. You'll see CA page on FB flooded with India's illiterate cyber army.

Jadukor
July 14, 2017, 12:16 PM
Bekar ar vodai chara facebook e eto shomoi keu spend korey na

Yankees
July 14, 2017, 04:00 PM
Lol Varun c/p the comment from Yankees on PP and then gets reminded Indians do the same **** :floor:

Varun man why so desperate. You'll see CA page on FB flooded with India's illiterate cyber army.

He did??? Can you share the link pls?

What the h*ll Vahroon? You can't just copy/paste somebody else's stuff and pretend its yours. Who do you think you are, a bollywood producer? :lol::floor:

NoName
July 14, 2017, 04:18 PM
He did??? Can you share the link pls?

What the h*ll Vahroon? You can't just copy/paste somebody else's stuff and pretend its yours. Who do you think you are, a bollywood producer? :lol::floor:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?262826-Tamim-Iqbal-denies-reports-about-leaving-Essex-due-to-attempted-hate-crime-against-his-wife-post14

Post #32. BTW I meant the quote you got from FB, he probably tried to rile up some sort of bashing

Vahroone/Varun/Va-w.e is one of those desis who think they're clever, anyone with two brain cells can figure out he's Indian.

adamnsu
July 14, 2017, 06:18 PM
Shame that certain people bend over backward to please those Indian trolls in here

Yankees
July 14, 2017, 07:06 PM
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?262826-Tamim-Iqbal-denies-reports-about-leaving-Essex-due-to-attempted-hate-crime-against-his-wife-post14

Post #32. BTW I meant the quote you got from FB, he probably tried to rile up some sort of bashing

Vahroone/Varun/Va-w.e is one of those desis who think they're clever, anyone with two brain cells can figure out he's Indian.

So this is what I posted on this thread:

And this is what Vahroone posted on PP:

....and in typical fashion, Bangladeshi fans have completely trashed Essex cricket's social media handles.

As if it was their fault!

The Essex Facebook page is not one that gets too many visitors, but the Bangladeshis are reigning supreme out there for now. Check out this gem:

I am Bangladesh & want to say that, England is terrorist country & they r can't be safety for playing cricket.

oh Vahroone, if you are going to talk trash against Bengalis, atleast don't use a Bengali's own words. :facepalm:

RazabQ
July 14, 2017, 08:28 PM
Busted!

NoName
July 14, 2017, 09:17 PM
Too bad Vaaaruuuun won't be showing his face for another few weeks :(

Night_wolf
July 14, 2017, 11:57 PM
Too bad Vaaaruuuun won't be showing his face for another few weeks :(

he'll show his face when another social media event happens regarding Bangladesh

Roey Haque
July 15, 2017, 01:17 AM
I think the English agents, MI6 probably, have kidnapped the real Tamim Iqbal because of his stellar form ( 60 + average in the last two years), and replaced him with a clone.

The real Tamim lies in top secret bunker miles below the English channel.

While the fake one is in the gym right now in the Aus preparation camp, hardly able to do one pull up.

Damn!

ReZ_1
July 15, 2017, 01:18 AM
People are getting so illiterate mentally now a days.. can`t produce their own two word lines. We should get a plagiarism checker in BC for them.. >:)

Back to the off topic... These days I see many threads diverted from its topic to trolling and hatred from members of other neighbouring countries. I think there should be a sticky dedicated thread which they can easily find anytime and post to troll regarding any issue or non issue things they feel appropriate and it is also better for them because they can keep track record of previous trolls. Because some of the trolls are over used and feel sick of reading..#:-S

NoName
July 15, 2017, 01:33 AM
he'll show his face when another social media event happens regarding Bangladesh

Was snooping around for a bit (probably for another quote to use), but dared not post again :lol: