PDA

View Full Version : Test skipper Mushfiqur in tears over 'indecent' criticism by Barisal Bulls Owner.

SH Anik
July 16, 2017, 10:18 AM
An emotionally-choked Bangladesh Test captain Mushfiqur Rahim demanded proper action from the BPL Governing Council after he was labeled as ‘undisciplined and irresponsible’ by his Barisal Bulls franchise owner Abdul Awal.

The co-owner of Barisal Bulls, which Mushfiqur led last year as its icon player, told a TV channel yesterday that they were not interested to retain him as their captain in the next edition of the BPL.

“We are totally not interested (in him). We sent a letter last year to him regarding his discipline issues and for making some bad comments regarding the franchise,” the chief of the Barisal Bulls told while questioning Mushfiqur’s captaincy and sense of discipline.

“The players expect that the captain will sit with them and encourage them, make team plans. He is a good player but he is not a good captain that is very important in T20 format,” added Awal, who is also an influential BCB director and chairman of board’s women’s wing...
http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/mushfiqur-rahim-deeply-hurt-irresponsible-jibe-1433572

Imotional Mushfiqur cries

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q5849YTW5wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fazal
July 16, 2017, 11:05 AM
Once a cry baby always a cry baby.

Mushfiqur Rahim demanded proper action from the BPL Governing Council. Exactly what our drama queen wants BCB to do except for disagreeing with Awal's comment?

lets go step by step:

"We are totally not interested (in him)"
Most likely he answered after some reporter asked about why not selecting him. How can BCB dicipline him for saying that?

"We sent a letter last year to him regarding his discipline issues and for making some bad comments regarding the franchise."
is this statement wrong? if a letter was indeed sent to him about his discipline issue, what Mushfiq responded with? Without knowing the whole episode, how we can claim who is wrong and who is right in this issue? And how BCB can take action against Awal for saying that?

"The players expect that the captain will sit with them and encourage them, make team plans. He is a good player but he is not a good captain that is very important in T20 format"
This is assessment of Mushfiq's captaincy during his tenure with Barisal. BCB and people can disagree with Awal, but how can you discipline him for saying that? Is his comment completely false? I don't think so.

So my request to Mushfique....stop acting like a drama queen.... start acting like a matured professional....and handle criticism (even unfair) more professionally.

Tausif
July 16, 2017, 11:36 AM
Truth hurts I guess. If Mushy wasn't so stubborn about being the captain, he would not have to see this.

Regardless, unprofessional behavior from Barisal Bulls owner.

Yankees
July 16, 2017, 12:11 PM
Mushy is a mental midget. Professional athletes get criticized all the time, get over it.

SH Anik
July 16, 2017, 12:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q5849YTW5wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NoName
July 16, 2017, 12:52 PM
FFS he's crying over criticism, and he's our test captain :facepalm:

aklemalp
July 16, 2017, 12:54 PM
Cry me a river.

Let it out.

MHRAM
July 16, 2017, 01:38 PM
We don't know about what happened. If mushy did something wrong then he should man up and be accountable.

The difference between mushy and Champions is that that Champions tell: "He called me a poor captain well I am going to prove him wrong by doing my job"

Unfortunately for mushy tho his team in last 2 seasons were wooden spoon winners
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

SH Anik
July 16, 2017, 01:47 PM
Now I understand why other wicket keepers can't keep in bangladesh 11 because Sissy Mushy will cry out.. "Senior Wicket Keeper hisheve to etho tuku resfect petei pari..(emotional growning part starts..)"

Tausif
July 16, 2017, 01:49 PM
Now I understand why other wicket keepers can't keep in bangladesh 11 because Sissy Mushy will cry out.. "Senior Wicket Keeper hisheve to etho tuku resfect petei pari..(emotional part starts..)"

No kidding. I believe Shakib or Mash even said that if we kept him in the team but did not let him keep, he will feel down. Don't remember the exact quote so maybe someone can find it.

kalpurush
July 16, 2017, 01:59 PM
Once a cry baby always a cry baby.

Mushfiqur Rahim demanded proper action from the BPL Governing Council. Exactly what our drama queen wants BCB to do except for disagreeing with Awal's comment?

lets go step by step:

"We are totally not interested (in him)"
Most likely he answered after some reporter asked about why not selecting him. How can BCB dicipline him for saying that?

"We sent a letter last year to him regarding his discipline issues and for making some bad comments regarding the franchise."
is this statement wrong? if a letter was indeed sent to him about his discipline issue, what Mushfiq responded with? Without knowing the whole episode, how we can claim who is wrong and who is right in this issue? And how BCB can take action against Awal for saying that?

"The players expect that the captain will sit with them and encourage them, make team plans. He is a good player but he is not a good captain that is very important in T20 format"
This is assessment of Mushfiq's captaincy during his tenure with Barisal. BCB and people can disagree with Awal, but how can you discipline him for saying that? Is his comment completely false? I don't think so.

So my request to Mushfique....stop acting like a drama queen.... start acting like a matured professional....and handle criticism (even unfair) more professionally.

On the other hand, we can't judge Mushy either without knowing the details, can we?

SportingBD
July 16, 2017, 02:15 PM
Someone had to come out - and say what a piss poor captain he is.

I'm really happy. Good on you Barisal owners.

Let him cry, don't care.

Fazal
July 16, 2017, 02:33 PM
On the other hand, we can't judge Mushy either without knowing the details, can we?
You are right, that we don't know who is right and who is wrong. But my criticism is how he is handling the issue...calling a press and crying and demanding action against Barisal executive?

I expect a little better than that from our national captain.

SportingBD
July 16, 2017, 02:44 PM
You are right, that we don't know who is right and who is wrong. But my criticism is how he is handling the issue...calling a press and crying and demanding action against Barisal executive?

I expect a little better than that from our national captain.

I'm ashamed his our test captain to be honest.

A leader with weak mentality and emotional dysfunctionality should never have been made captain.

Roey Haque
July 16, 2017, 03:18 PM
The worst captain in cricket's history.
The worst longest serving wicket keeper in cricket's history.
A national embarrassment.
And absolutely coddled by the BCB and BC Forum. I am happy Barisal Bulls owner had the some guts to say the truth.
Truth comes out eventually.

kalpurush
July 16, 2017, 03:31 PM
And absolutely coddled by the BCB and BC Forum. I am happy Barisal Bulls owner had the some guts to say the truth.

A "Roey" post!

Yankees
July 16, 2017, 03:50 PM

Doesn't matter. The way he has handled the situation is terrible. Crying out that he's a national player and deserves respect is just pathetic. Crying over criticism is a sign of weakling. I love Mushy the batsman, but I absolutely can't stand Mushy the captain/wicket keeper/person.

jeesh
July 16, 2017, 10:30 PM
One thing also we must realize is these franchise owners use this rare opportunity to exercise power over the cricketers. Mashrafee was at the receiving end last BPL-it was bitter and ugly. These guys only manage to get franchise ownership because of money, but know little about cricket, and have little decency.

Mushfiq's dealing with the situation is terrible. But BCB must be careful about the power, abuse of franchise owners.

PoorFan
July 16, 2017, 11:12 PM
Anyone who watched last BPL, Mishi's captaincy, losing few matches in death overs, taking singles to be in non-striking end, eventually losing games only by few runs but remained not-out ... would bound to question his commitment as a 'Icon' player. I'm glad that someone raised this issue, and pointed finger at him, then again his kind of mindset wont let him learn from such situation.

Yankees
July 16, 2017, 11:58 PM
One thing also we must realize is these franchise owners use this rare opportunity to exercise power over the cricketers. Mashrafee was at the receiving end last BPL-it was bitter and ugly. These guys only manage to get franchise ownership because of money, but know little about cricket, and have little decency.

Mushfiq's dealing with the situation is terrible. But BCB must be careful about the power, abuse of franchise owners.

This is very true. Kormochari der sathe baje karap bebohar kora to Bengali beram.

iDumb
July 17, 2017, 12:19 AM
Rahim is not that of a smart guy. He definitely lacks leadership qualities. He is a nice guy - sure but time and time again he has demonstrated that he lacks proper temperament to have a massive public audience.

Reacting this way to someone's bad mouthing you only make you look weaker even if we feel for you mushfique..

and one thing is I am tired of hearing from these current cricketers that they have done so much for the country.... they need to stop this line of thinking... i think shakib also had mentioned that once... It is the other way around... BANGLADESH did a lot for you. You wouldn't have the life that you live now if it was not for the country Bangladesh. Some of you guys would be discarded long ago and many would not have ever played international cricket....

And all the riches that comes with playing international cricket and a massive following... fame, money, respect, love all would just disappear if you weren't born in Bangladesh...

So shut the f up everything u bring the thought that you did something for BD. Learn from Mashrafee in how to talk...

Kohli_Sox
July 17, 2017, 01:37 AM
A cry baby is crying. Nothing to see here.

Roy_1
July 17, 2017, 02:17 AM
The maturity he shows in his batting is completely missing from his off the field conduct. If you are a top level sports person of course your performance will be a subject of intense scrutiny and public debate, it's only normal. Hell, a player like Sachin faced some of the harshest critisims yet always let his bat do the talking. Mushy should decide how he wants to project himself in front of the media, he could either be aggressive like Kohli, Shakib and take all the critics head on or be like Misbah, Sachin and shut the naysayers up with performance. This preteen and effeminate attitude of his is cringe worthy to say the least.

godzilla
July 17, 2017, 02:50 AM
All the backlash Dhoni gets these days, you don't see the man crying or b*tching about it. Not to mention Dhoni has achieved it all! Come on Mushy, Man up, you're a captain of a TEST team ffs.

godzilla
July 17, 2017, 02:54 AM

That title goes to the Akmal brothers, hands down. No question about that!

Roy_1
July 17, 2017, 03:07 AM
That title goes to the Akmal brothers, hands down. No question about that!

LOL, I remember Shoaib Akhtar saying in some TV program , that Akmal brothers were more like goal keepers behind the wicket 😂

DinRaat.
July 17, 2017, 03:34 AM
We have a playground term for this in Australia

What a Head!

Equinox
July 17, 2017, 05:31 AM
If this was Mashrafe or Shakib at the receiving end of these comments then the reactions would have been 180 degree different.

But Mushfiq is mentally weak. No doubt about that. He needs to become stronger in this area. He is old enough now.

Mas_UK25
July 17, 2017, 06:36 AM
Cry baby.. grow some skin! Ffs

Imagine Mushy playing down under as a England player and the abuse/banter from the crowds, he wouldn't last a minute. Or if he was a premier league player, playing for Man Utd at Anfield, he would be crying like mad.

MHRAM
July 17, 2017, 06:42 AM
If this was Mashrafe or Shakib at the receiving end of these comments then the reactions would have been 180 degree different.

But Mushfiq is mentally weak. No doubt about that. He needs to become stronger in this area. He is old enough now.

If it was then we would still have the same opinion. But atleast Shakib has been a proven performer and a champion cricketer while Mash has been inspirational in getting us to where we are right now.

DinRaat.
July 17, 2017, 07:13 AM
Mushfiqur is that kid in class, who acts tough but stands down after he is in a fight.

jeesh
July 17, 2017, 09:00 AM
If it was then we would still have the same opinion. But atleast Shakib has been a proven performer and a champion cricketer while Mash has been inspirational in getting us to where we are right now.
Has Mushfiq been any less bro? Not far from 10,000 runs in international cricket, averaging 30 plus in both formats. Obviously has his weaknesses, but all these guys have contributed immensely to our growth as a cricketing nation.

roman
July 17, 2017, 09:03 AM
Ete kanna korar ki achey bapu?

Our players need to be mentally stronger. Kichu holei/bollei kede tedey eka kar

Yankees
July 17, 2017, 09:39 AM
Cry baby.. grow some skin! Ffs

Imagine Mushy playing down under as a England player and the abuse/banter from the crowds, he wouldn't last a minute. Or if he was a premier league player, playing for Man Utd at Anfield, he would be crying like mad.

He would never be in that position. Would be cut long ago. Only in our weak, coddled team, he's allowed a safe haven. Just listen to the way he talks. Complaining about how he's a senior player and therefore shouldn't receive any criticism. Goes to show the sense of entitlement they feel.

Tausif
July 17, 2017, 09:52 AM
Mushy is just embarrassing. No other way to put it.

Fazal
July 17, 2017, 09:53 AM
There is a senior players fraternity in the team, the big boss hinted about that. They think (rightfully or not) they are privileged, and untouchable. This doesn't always play favorably for the team. BCB and the coach knows that, but kind of handicapped due to their strong support in fan base as well as within "people of power". Its very hard to bring a new player in the team giving senior players a brief break.

The public speaking problem with Rahim is much bigger than any senior players, while others can hide their emotions , Rahim spill everything and tells what is in his mind.

However the the mother of all problem is that some senior players don't think they should be grateful as the country provided a great career (a platform for wealth, fame, etc) to them, on the contrary the country should be grateful to them and they should be untouchable. Of-course we should acknowledge senior player's contribution to the team and respect them, but nobody should be "untouchable" when it comes about team's need at present.

RazabQ
July 17, 2017, 02:49 PM
While senior cabal is not a good thing, but it's the same senior group that's led us to where we are. You can't just dismiss their ongoing contribution. We also know that in Bangladesh in general, and BCB in particular, professionalism is in short supply. A grown man crying and saying "respect" is sad but the circumstances that lead to that is sadder still.

MHRAM
July 17, 2017, 10:34 PM
Has Mushfiq been any less bro? Not far from 10,000 runs in international cricket, averaging 30 plus in both formats. Obviously has his weaknesses, but all these guys have contributed immensely to our growth as a cricketing nation.

Shakib has better average than Mushy In all formats and he bowls.

Mushy tries hard and fails but Shakib succeeds. You know why? Shakib has the mindset to deal with negativity.

5tonne
July 17, 2017, 11:38 PM
He is referring to his long international career but at the same time he is showing he hasn't toughened up in all those years. I am very shocked at his reaction. If the guy breached BCB's code of conduct BCB will take action against him. But are these things unusual in international sports? Which captain hasn't been criticized in the history of cricket except probably Bradman? Someone said you are a bad captain, so what? If you are a subcontinental cricketer it should be daalvaat for you. He called you a bad captain, you use the media to tell him off and then move on, get on with your business. Learn from Kohli and co.

Gowza
July 18, 2017, 01:44 AM
Professional sports is tough but as a captain you have to be even tougher, you also have to be able to accept your weaknesses and work in them. How many test captains going to cry or have in past over criticism? Heck Vaughan just had a go at the England team and root's response was that he was surprised what was said was said but he didn't get overly upset by it and I'm certain he did not appreciate the negative comments. If you want to succeed you must be tough.

jeesh
July 18, 2017, 10:44 PM
Shakib has better average than Mushy In all formats and he bowls.

Mushy tries hard and fails but Shakib succeeds. You know why? Shakib has the mindset to deal with negativity.
Shakib is Shakib. You cant compare anyone with him-once in a generation player. I am not sure when we ll next produce a player with his confidence.

But what Mushiq has achieved so far is a matter of pride, not failure. I ve watched BD cricket from the days Jahangir Alam was the WK. Believe me we ve come a long way.

He's not strong enough mentally, immature, should have dealt with this situation a lot better. But personally i wouldnt let that dampen or affect my judgement on his overall contribution to Bangladeshi cricket. Given how hard he works, he might be around for another 5-6 years.

MHRAM
July 18, 2017, 11:01 PM
Shakib is Shakib. You cant compare anyone with him-once in a generation player. I am not sure when we ll next produce a player with his confidence.

But what Mushiq has achieved so far is a matter of pride, not failure. I ve watched BD cricket from the days Jahangir Alam was the WK. Believe me we ve come a long way.

He's not strong enough mentally, immature, should have dealt with this situation a lot better. But personally i wouldnt let that dampen or affect my judgement on his overall contribution to Bangladeshi cricket. Given how hard he works, he might be around for another 5-6 years.

Yes he has done a lot for us but like every cricketer he isn't flawless and thus subjected to criticism.

Even greats are constantly criticized but instead of breaking down they try to prove a point. They know words from others should not affect them.

Mushy has done well for us here and there. But not enough to say that no one should question his ability.

DinRaat.
July 19, 2017, 02:16 AM

It sickens me how some of the members here rate shakib, one knock and we all go crazy.

He will not even be able to make it to the Australian side. Just bloated by matches against Zimbabwe.

Yankees
July 19, 2017, 03:42 AM
It sickens me how some of the members here rate shakib, one knock and we all go crazy.

He will not even be able to make it to the Australian side. Just bloated by matches against Zimbabwe.

Nonsense. Shakib is a genuine word class all-rounder. And he is our only world class cricketer. I don't know about the Australian side, but Shakib would have a place in just about every other national team.

DinRaat.
July 19, 2017, 04:42 AM
Nonsense. Shakib is a genuine word class all-rounder. And he is our only world class cricketer. I don't know about the Australian side, but Shakib would have a place in just about every other national team.

Yea, you keep believing that, but when its crunch time, the guy is a no-show.

DinRaat.
July 19, 2017, 04:45 AM
While senior cabal is not a good thing, but it's the same senior group that's led us to where we are. You can't just dismiss their ongoing contribution. We also know that in Bangladesh in general, and BCB in particular, professionalism is in short supply. A grown man crying and saying "respect" is sad but the circumstances that lead to that is sadder still.

"led to where we are", yea and where is that specifically, 10 years they have been playing and they haven`t done jack, absolutely 0, no Asia cup, no champions trophy, no world cup,no WT20, just crummy hundreds in bilateral series`s at home mind you?

Our beloved seniors can`t even so score one run. The only senior that has contributed is Tamim Iqbal, he is by far the greatest batsmen/player Bangladesh has ever produced

MHRAM
July 19, 2017, 05:46 AM

Shakib was the man of the series in the test series against Lanka.

Last time Australia toured Lanka they lost all 3 test matches.

They would kill to have a proper allrounder.

Shakib is a truly world class player and has stats to back that up. Add to that he is of great demand in every part of the world for T20 leagues.

Shakib is expected to become an all time great and his records will put him alongside the best allrounder that has played the sport.

Mushy won't be even be labelled as a Bangladeshi great by the time he retires. That's the difference. Same applies to Riad. Tamim may become a potential great for Bangladesh if he maintains his recent performance.

MHRAM
July 19, 2017, 05:50 AM
"led to where we are", yea and where is that specifically, 10 years they have been playing and they haven`t done jack, absolutely 0, no Asia cup, no champions trophy, no world cup,no WT20, just crummy hundreds in bilateral series`s at home mind you?

Our beloved seniors can`t even so score one run. The only senior that has contributed is Tamim Iqbal, he is by far the greatest batsmen/player Bangladesh has ever produced

I am sorry but after Nasir and Anamul was axed the only youngster from Bangladesh to score a century in international cricket was Soumya in a dead rubber match against a hapless Pakistan side.

In the last 3 years Shakib and Mushy too have played a pivotal role at times. Mushy has a couple of hundreds overseas. Shakib has a double to his name. It's Riad who disappointed outside world cups.

We are not doing well because our seniors aren't getting any support. Sabbir Soumya combined scored less than 100 runs in the CT combined

Yankees
July 19, 2017, 11:09 AM
Yea, you keep believing that, but when its crunch time, the guy is a no-show.

Right because all our other players have been so clutch. Shakib is a bowler who can bat. Why is the expectation for an all-rounder so high, when our genuine top order batsmen can't do jack.

How long did it take for Riad to finally have good innings? Between 2015 WC to 2017 CT, Riad did absolutely nothing, couldnt even hold a f-ing bat. Tamim the emo only performs when fans hurt his sentiment. Soumya/Sabbir failed. Meanwhile, that same period, Shakib went about maintaining his decade long dominance as the number 1 all-rounder in all 3 formats.

And if crunch time is the only criteria, then by your logic Stokes and Kohli are not world class. Stokes bottled it at T20 WC and Kohli failed at CT final. I don't understand how you can dismiss the contributions of a player who was the only legitimate thing about BD cricket for a long, long time.

Yankees
July 19, 2017, 11:20 AM

:lol::lol::lol: Did you just start watching cricket during the CT?

Shakib has a better average than Tamim IN ALL 3 FORMATS. Go look it up. And he is an all-rounder. Stop talking out of you a**

Eclipse
July 19, 2017, 01:48 PM
:lol::lol::lol: Did you just start watching cricket during the CT?

Shakib has a better average than Tamim IN ALL 3 FORMATS. Go look it up. And he is an all-rounder. Stop talking out of you a**

Oh please. Shakib always goes into hiding when his team needs him the most. Shak may have the best average or whatever but he certainly isn't a big match player like tamim.

Yankees
July 19, 2017, 02:22 PM
Oh please. Shakib always goes into hiding when his team needs him the most. Shak may have the best average or whatever but he certainly isn't a big match player like tamim.

I never claimed Shakib is super clutch, just that he is genuinely world class. But since you bring it up, I would say that NZ game was when his team needed him most. Came through, didn't he? Meanwhile, Tamim went out for a duck. If you don't like Shakib for whatever reason, then fine. But don't gas up Tamim into something he's not. Tamim the "Big match player" only exists in the minds of delusional fans.

And I would like to remind you that you're comparing the batting of an opener with an all-rounder... and the opener still comes out looking worse.

50 years from now, the cricket world will still remember Shakib Al Hasan. Tamim Iqbal will be a nobody.

aklemalp
July 19, 2017, 02:29 PM
50 years from now, people will remember Mamadulla

cricket_king
July 19, 2017, 08:29 PM
This thread makes for great reading. Love the big 3 - Shakib, Tamim, Mushy. These 3 will be BD legends. Not sure why Mullah is there, really, only began to do something noteworthy 2015 WC onwards.

ReZ_1
July 19, 2017, 11:39 PM
What's up with BULU?

https://youtu.be/iLhBa0OFY_k

SH Anik
July 20, 2017, 08:02 AM
If it's true,then Bulu was right to call out Mushfiqur an irresponsible person. I know our very emotional general Bangladeshis and media will back Mushfiqur disapproving the accusation and go against evil=rich man Bulu :lol: but I am supporting Bulu here because I think Mushy in fact is very arrogant person and there are no reason to disbelieve Bulu.

Meanwhile, the wicketkeeper-batsman is in talks with the Rajshahi Kings for the upcoming BPL 5. Rahim led the Bulls in the last season of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL). Chowdhury was pretty adamant with his comments on the skipper Rahim as he was not very pleased with Rahim’s harsh words for the Barisal Bulls franchise. The co-owner claimed that Mushfiqur called the franchise “fokirni” (which means beggars in English) in one of the Barisal’s official photo sessions, where the senior officials of the franchise were also present...

https://www.crictracker.com/mushfiqur-rahim-said-something-unacceptable-against-barisal-bulls-claims-co-owner-chowdhury/

RazabQ
July 21, 2017, 01:28 AM
Reading BC threads is a reminder of how Trump won the US election. Selective facts and opinions masquerading as facts to support narratives such as "Shakib hides always and wins nothing", "Mushy is not hard working", "Tamim is our true match winner". Hai Selucas, ki bichitro ei desh.

Roey Haque
July 21, 2017, 03:43 AM
That's a good thing. Trump has been amazing so far. Already so many accomplishments and not even a year at the office. If that witch Hillary was elected, America would be a goner, economically, and culturally.

mufi_02
July 21, 2017, 08:45 AM
That's a good thing. Trump has been amazing so far. Already so many accomplishments and not even a year at the office. If that witch Hillary was elected, America would be a goner, economically, and culturally.

now that explains it all..

Rifat
July 21, 2017, 10:30 AM
now that explains it all..

:floor: :floor: :lol::goal:

NoName
July 21, 2017, 02:20 PM
My sarcasm detector isn't working for the Trump comment

aklemalp
July 21, 2017, 02:26 PM
That was obviously sarcasm from Roey.

Fazal
July 21, 2017, 02:41 PM
Roey will make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again.

Rana Melb
July 21, 2017, 05:02 PM
Very fragile and soft