PDA

View Full Version : Renaming BPL teams

Yankees
July 26, 2017, 02:19 PM
If BPL wants to create its own identity and not just be an IPL knock off, then we need to get rid of the generic names and come up with something relevant to each region. I mean, wth is a sixer? Rajshahi Kings? How many teams around the world are called Kings? It's smacks of laziness. Calling a team victorians because the owners went to Victoria College is perhaps the saddest, egomaniacal nonsense I've come across. So lets help them out and create our own names.

Barisal Bulls
Comilla Victorians
Chittagong Vikings
Dhaka Dynamite
Rangpur Riders
Khulna Titans
Rajshahi Kings
Surma Sixers

So any ideas?

aklemalp
July 26, 2017, 03:00 PM
I think a sixer is what many in sub-continent calls a six. I might be wrong on this.

mufi_02
July 26, 2017, 03:41 PM
Sydney Sixers in Big Bash comes to mind..

BPL names are just lazy and copycats from NBA/IPL.

They can just do Dhaka Utd, Ctg City, Khulna Club etc. I like EPL names.

aklemalp
July 26, 2017, 03:46 PM
They should make up something like the TEE TWENTIERS

Yankees
July 26, 2017, 03:51 PM
A sixer is somebody who hits a six. Which is just a dumb team name. Might as well call them the Square Drivers.

NoName
July 26, 2017, 04:32 PM
Dhaka Dacoits

iDumb
July 26, 2017, 07:43 PM
Dhaka Dacoits

I like it ...

Khulna kaowa...(crow)

SYLHET TEA

mufi_02
July 26, 2017, 08:32 PM
Ctg chechras
Khulna khatash

Yankees
July 26, 2017, 08:36 PM
Dhaka Dacoits

Thats a great name. Also has the DD alliteration. :up:

NoName
July 26, 2017, 09:14 PM
Instead of Kings, maybe Rajshahi Rajas?

Or Shahs of Sylhet/ Sylheti Sultans

Yankees
July 26, 2017, 09:34 PM
Instead of Kings, maybe Rajshahi Rajas?

Or Shahs of Sylhet/ Sylheti Sultans

Keep it up bro. Rajshahi Rajas is just common sense.

Barisal Baadshahs.

Night_wolf
July 26, 2017, 09:39 PM
Rongila Rongpur!

Yankees
July 26, 2017, 09:49 PM
Chittagong Raiders or Chittagong Armoury.

NoName
July 26, 2017, 09:51 PM
Rangpur Rakshasa, Barisal Bhoot

MHRAM
July 26, 2017, 10:41 PM
I like PSL names

Zalmis
Qalandars
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

DinRaat.
July 26, 2017, 10:59 PM
I like PSL names

Zalmis
Qalandars
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Rangpur Colanders

Yankees
July 27, 2017, 12:21 AM
Rongila Rongpur!

:up: but wonder what the mascot would be. The LGBTQ pride flag? :lol:

Yankees
July 27, 2017, 12:21 AM
Sylhet Sinners. Sylhet Shaitans.

NoName
July 27, 2017, 10:09 AM

You want the Jamaatis flip their ****? :lol:

aklemalp
July 27, 2017, 10:11 AM
I'll be more interested seeing what logos are used...

And mascots.

SportingBD
July 27, 2017, 10:25 AM

?

:facepalm:

Yankees
July 27, 2017, 12:14 PM

You want the Jamaatis flip their ****? :lol:

?

:facepalm:

Sylhet Surma Sinners. Sylhet Surma Shaitans.

Sorry...there fixed it guys :lol:

Mas_UK25
July 27, 2017, 02:43 PM
Yankees bold names to give. Both jokes are bad bro. Not good idea. Let's not get carried away.

What sin and saitans got in Sylhet? The least place in Desh. You know too well Sylhet is the most religious place in the land. Shaitans and sinners are in Dhaka mostly :lol:

Mas_UK25
July 27, 2017, 02:51 PM
Perfect name. Spartans of Sylhet or Sylhet Spartans. Sounds good name, hype and hard!

SportingBD
July 27, 2017, 03:03 PM
Yankees bold names to give. Both jokes are bad bro. Not good idea. Let's not get carried away.

What sin and saitans got in Sylhet? The least place in Desh. You know too well Sylhet is the most religious place in the land. Shaitans and sinners are in Dhaka mostly :lol:

It is the birth place of our religious identity, Sylhet. :)

That's probably one of the reason, some are very religious.

It took time for the full Islam to reach other parts of country, hence probably some differences/more modern culture exercised in other cities.

Yankees
July 27, 2017, 03:16 PM
Perfect name. Spartans of Sylhet or Sylhet Spartans. Sounds good name, hype and hard!

The whole point is to to get away from the generic American sports names. I have got the perfect name that reflects what Sylhet is all about... Sylhet Chawalla.

The mascot would be a massive teabag. And everytime Sylhet wins, the commies can say that they have "teab*gged" their opponents.

mufi_02
July 27, 2017, 03:35 PM
The whole point is to to get away from the generic American sports names. I have got the perfect name that reflects what Sylhet is all about... Sylhet Chawalla.

The mascot would be a massive teabag. And everytime Sylhet wins, the commies can say that they have "teab*gged" their opponents.

I still think Sylhet Shaitans was the best! Just a personal preference based on my interaction with certain group of people :D

Awesome Dhaka
Fantastic Dhaka

are other two preferences!!

Holden
July 27, 2017, 04:13 PM
What about incorporating the British connection:

Sylhet Londonis
Sylhet Expatriates
Sylhet Brick Laners
Sylhet Tower (Hamlets)
or my personal fave United Kingdom of Sylhet :)

Or using something unique to sylhetis: Sylhet Satkara

SportingBD
July 27, 2017, 04:42 PM
Really wished Sylhet was the capital city of Bangladesh.

Who knows.. could happen in the future, InShAllah.

fush_montor
July 27, 2017, 04:52 PM
^ Now why would you wish that?

Yankees
July 27, 2017, 05:48 PM
What about incorporating the British connection:

Sylhet Londonis
Sylhet Expatriates
Sylhet Brick Laners
Sylhet Tower (Hamlets)
or my personal fave United Kingdom of Sylhet :)

Or using something unique to sylhetis: Sylhet Satkara

Sylhet Biteesh

mufi_02
July 27, 2017, 07:25 PM
Really wished Sylhet was the capital city of Bangladesh.

Who knows.. could happen in the future, InShAllah.

Haha. Nice joke!

They aren't the hub of anything. If they ever remove Dhaka as the capital, there are at least 5 other cities that will be ahead of Sylhet. I know you are jealous of Dhaka but let's not be delusional here...Sylhet Shaitan it is..

Fazal
July 27, 2017, 09:57 PM

Something like this?

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder486/500x/76563486/tea-bag-tea-bags-for-d-bags.jpg

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 02:47 AM
History shows Sylhet has always had Rajas, Talukdars, Chiefs, Sheikhs lead.
Ruling is in the blood of sylhetis.

I mean Dhaka has given what? Hasina? Khaleda? Too much corruption.

Make Bangladesh Great! We need a Sylheti Prime Minister/King.

A king from the East! Roaaar!

MohammedC
July 28, 2017, 07:52 AM
This is a kind of thread makes me run away from Banglacricket. Bangladesh is such a small country but we have so much difference and hate towards each other is unbelievable . You could say this is a small banter but we all know this is more than that.

As for mufi02. There are educated people and uneducated people in the whole world. I will only keep it to that, you are wise enough to understand what I mean.

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 07:59 AM
This is a kind of thread makes me run away from Banglacricket. Bangladesh is such a small country but we have so much difference and hate towards each other is unbelievable . You could say this is a small banter but we all know this is more than that.

As for mufi02. There are educated people and uneducated people in the whole world. I will only keep it to that, you are wise enough to understand what I mean.

Mufi02 will come and say he was joking, like always;)

One of the reason why Sylhetis don't post on BC any more..
Is because of the anti-slyheti remarks, jokes, digs that take place.

This has happened for years at BC, and now it has become a norm to call it a 'joke'.

But carry on. :up:

mufi_02
July 28, 2017, 08:56 AM
I wasn't joking. Of course Sylhet has nice, educated, and smart people. There are MoC bhai, Ajfar, half of Roman bhai and some more. I still stand by the notion if capital city is to be changed, there are few other cities that are way ahead in line than Sylhet.

FYI, Hasina and Khaleda are not from Dhaka. A brief Wikipedia research will suffice.

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 09:07 AM
Calling certain communities shaitans/sinners doesn't bring about peace, rather it inspires hate. The original post, and than backed up by the above poster calling Sylhet Shaitans ain't nice. We should be trying our best to bring about peace between these two communities. These two communities hate each other too much, and it so very deep. Some don't want to admit it.

Frankly speaking, Sylhetis that are living in UK and are business owners etc treated/treat Dhakaiya people like slaves/maid - I have read and seen videos of it in the past.

And than you have Dhakaiyas using the "Sylhet not part of Bangladesh" thing to inspire hate.

When will these two communities come to peace?

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 09:34 AM
Someone who has good command of history, should open a thread about it.
Like why the hate between these two communities? What can be done to find solutions/peace?
It's something that is neglected and seems like both sides just want it as it is, don't want to touch that topic. I personally don't know enough about it, as to why both sides have differences on a majority level.

bujhee kom
July 28, 2017, 09:39 AM
SportingBD, these posts about 'Sylhet' vs 'Dhaka' are of extremely poor taste! Making Sylhet the capital of Bangladesh over Dhaka are nonsensical - You cannot do that being in East London from weekly meeting of a group of expatriots and some of who have never ever been to either Dhaka or Sylhet. It shows NOTHING but extremely unsecured, segregational, divisional (things that will only create unnecessary/undesirable divides between otherwise a common group of people), and 'provincial' mindset. You are either writing these with innocence and not realizing the consequence or effect that your posts will have in the forum OR they are intentionally being written and expressed as purely to be TAUNTING.

I expect better from you. Why? You have shown in this forum that you have a beautiful mind, you admire humbleness (through your active energetic, participation here). Look at your BC signature, you are quoting one of the best of historical characters from the last two millennia, a ferocious and superb general of a soon to be extremely powerful military force BUT at the same time a wise leader and a humble and 'kind' man. What a beautiful thing that is - your signature I mean - SportingBD, I seek inspiration from you signature and Imam Ali (may the Lord rest his soul in the most sublime peace)

SportingBD, if you are NOT doing this to taunt people, then you should look into this very clearly - both the beautiful land of Sylhet and Dhaka gave birth to many kind, intelligent and brave leaders for our country Bangladesh and at the same time many murdering rapists, thugs, Razakaars and scumbags that would destroy it (the country) and sell it to anyone for a bag of rice or a bundle of notes) in a blink of an eye. No piece of land is better than the other on this earth. It is the people that live in it that dwell in it, creates a reflection of it on someone else mind how they themselves (the dweller of that land) behave and act. The land itself has no political or hierarchical ambition.

While like any place, Dhaka existed from way before, the historical city concept of Dhaka was founded in 1608 as the capital of the Mughal Bengal. That does not mean, it was a place in the woods, or a rural clumps of villages, the to be Mughal Subedaar/Governor of Bengal came over with the Army and stuck a stick on the ground in the middle of a rice paddy and said, ‘Here, for the glory of our Emperor – HH Jahangir Shah, we shall build the capital city of Bengal!” Dhaka as a center of business, trade, regional political, transportation hub(through rivers and road) and as a city concept existed way before that – thus the Mughal set their eyes and target there, they did long research and study before taking such decision.

Islam did not originate or proliferate in the Bengal from Sylhet, the idea of it is completely incorrect. Sylhet magnificently became a center of a lot of the 'Sufi' saints that CAME there for a very specific battle/war in and around 1370 (!- I need to verify the circa). NONE of the saints were from Bengal or Bengali by ethnicity by any means. Al of the 330/331 sufi saints that traveled there in in the ‘Sylhet’ region, they came from as far as from Yemen, Islamic Persia (Iran), Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan, , Turkey, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central India. They were all of Sufi order (still within the realm of Sunnah) and they picked up arms and engaged in battle and went against their true belief of not fighting and engaging in violence - in order to fight ‘injustice’, tyranny and very specifically to defend a very poor, weak farmer whose infant child was revenge murdered/scarified at a village by a tyrant in a place within the area of what we know today as the greater ‘Sylhet District’ not the city. I will not explain the battle and its deeper reason, because that itself will spark a different undesirable atmosphere. Here in the forum. After the war, after a lot of the Sufis died (became shahidaans), the rest of them spread all over the Bengal to spread their teaching and denounced violence. Like, todays Chittagong, Bagherhaat, Khulna, Brahmanbaria, Dhaka, Mirpur, Dinajpur etc. I can give you reference to most of these from Old Delhi Public Library – in Farsi and the Islamic Studies (Subcontinent) from University of Delhi. Sylhet region , the Surma, the Titash, the Kushiara - what they mean to Bangladesh and to the people of Bangladesh, one can only imagine. The Khashias, Tripuras and the Bengalis of Sylhet are all Bangladeshis and they all fought for ‘Bangladesh’ in the war of independence just like the brave boys and girls from Dhaka fought, gave their lives, got disappeared, got raped and mercilessly murdered. All these people, the people of Sylhet and Dhaka – the good and the bad are all our people and our ancestors.

SportingBD, you mentioned before that Sylheties are more proud of being Syslheties than being Bangladeshis. What does that mean? I am sylhety too. We are Bangladeshi first, then we/our forefathers came from Sylhet/Brahmanbaira/Bogra/CTG all that crap. SportingBD, look at your nick – it is Sporting ‘BD’ – I do not remind you that what that stands for. We are here, in this forum, by knowing every precisely that it is a forum for cricket in Bangladesh. BPL- Bangladesh Premier League – there you go!
And the Khaledas and Hasinas were NOT from DHAKA (not born in)– Dhaka did not give birth of them – another incorrect item. The Hasinas and the Khaledas were given birth by the whole collective conscience of Bangladesh – It is your and my burden sins and burden.
My last saying about Sylhet and Dhaka is – Bangladesh needs both and both shall remain with Bangladesh, the way they are as long as many of us live. I, you, many of us may not live in Bangladesh, but some of our little brothers, sisters or dying father still live there, and it affects us and will affect us deeply.

After writing all these crap myself, I know none of these would mean anything, I would say this – I feel bad for single you out here. Honestly, I was disturbed by the posts as they will only ruin our form environment. BC is an open place for expressing one’s opinion, when it comes to sport or anything else for that matter, as long as it does not insult or ‘belittle’ another group of people – Look, this is not a comment section of BDNews24 or Yahoo garbage!

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 09:46 AM
Very nice and passionately written Bujhee Kom.

What incited me to respond to this thread is someone calling..

Sylhet Sinners/Sylhet Saitans.

Did you or anyone speak about that? Or that just got overlooked as a joke?

mufi_02
July 28, 2017, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=SportingBD;2011796]

Frankly speaking, Sylhetis that are living in UK and are business owners etc treated/treat Dhakaiya people like slaves/maid - I have read and seen videos of it in the past.

And than you have Dhakaiyas using the "Sylhet not part of Bangladesh" thing to inspire hate.

/QUOTE]

really? I don't live in UK and so don't know about that. That is very sad actually. Treating your employees like slaves/maid. You hear that in 3rd world countries but didn't think it was possible in western countries.

fush_montor
July 28, 2017, 10:23 AM
Very nice and passionately written Bujhee Kom.

What incited me to respond to this thread is someone calling..

Sylhet Sinners/Sylhet Saitans.

Did you or anyone speak about that? Or that just got overlooked as a joke?

^ nothing got overlooked..but you have to understand that your naivety (for the lack of better words) can only bring in more pettiness to the thread than anything else..changing the capital? slaves? seriously?
I'm as Sylhety as anyone can be but that was just a ridiculous proposition...
and as for mufi_02 bro, he has always had an allergy or two about anything remotely Sylhety (may be it's dry humor or something idk) which, I admit, can get to your nerve easily..if i'm not mistaken i personally had a similar arguement with him couple of years back, but you have to understand at the end of the day these are just petty arguments and don't lead us anywhere..

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 10:37 AM
Lot of Dhaka students came to London, couple of years ago. The student started to do jobs that usually a Sylheti would do for £200 per week only for around £50/80, illegally. Now those that were legal sylhetis were out of job, as why would a employer pay you 200? When they can hire someone for much less? There was lot of talks/discussions amongst sylhetis in the markets about how those "Dhaka" people are ruining their livelihood. Some Dhakaiya women's worked for free, just so they can eat. What I am saying were published in local newspapers, Bengali ones. I use to hear my parents talk about it after reading it. There were stories on those newspapers how some business owners were taking advantage of that situation that time. It's rare now, you don't find those things on newspapers anymore. Many of the students that came were sent back. These last 2-3 years many Bangladeshi were caught and send back home, amongst them included many from Dhaka. Now it seems to be back to normal.

aklemalp
July 28, 2017, 10:41 AM
I kinda like the name, Rangpur Riders.

Dhaka Dynamites was one whose logo had a dynamite attached to the bat...it's mind-numbing

mufi_02
July 28, 2017, 10:53 AM
Lot of Dhaka students came to London, couple of years ago. The student started to do jobs that usually a Sylheti would do for £200 per week only for around £50/80, illegally. Now those that were legal sylhetis were out of job, as why would a employer pay you 200? When they can hire someone for much less? There was lot of talks/discussions amongst sylhetis in the markets about how those "Dhaka" people are ruining their livelihood. Some Dhakaiya women's worked for free, just so they can eat. What I am saying were published in local newspapers, Bengali ones. I use to hear my parents talk about it after reading it. There were stories on those newspapers how some business owners were taking advantage of that situation that time. It's rare now, you don't find those things on newspapers anymore. Many of the students that came were sent back. These last 2-3 years many Bangladeshi were caught and send back home, amongst them included many from Dhaka. Now it seems to be back to normal.

things became that desperate huh! well glad its over. Dhaka folks should not work where they are treated as slaves/maids.

mufi_02
July 28, 2017, 10:55 AM
^ nothing got overlooked..but you have to understand that your naivety (for the lack of better words) can only bring in more pettiness to the thread than anything else..changing the capital? slaves? seriously?
I'm as Sylhety as anyone can be but that was just a ridiculous proposition...
and as for mufi_02 bro, he has always had an allergy or two about anything remotely Sylhety (may be it's dry humor or something idk) which, I admit, can get to your nerve easily..if i'm not mistaken i personally had a similar arguement with him couple of years back, but you have to understand at the end of the day these are just petty arguments and don't lead us anywhere..

I have a very strong connection to Sylhet through the music of Lal Miah, cuisines by Tommy Miah. So I am hard on them sometimes but its only out of the strong love.

I established and administer a Sylhet fan club. It started when I saw there are fan clubs for Dhaka/Ctg for BPL and none for Sylhet. So I stepped in and created one few years ago and have some members already. If I had allergy/dislike, I wouldn't do such a thing.

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 10:59 AM
things became that desperate huh! well glad its over. Dhaka folks should not work where they are treated as slaves/maids.

I blame the UK government for this. They opened that student visa thing and the number from BD was Huge! When you got on the buses, went to markets etc.. you see students and students.

It's now controlled. But that time lot of sylhetis didn't like those that came from Dhaka.
It made life/living hard for them.

Yankees
July 28, 2017, 12:34 PM
Sylhet Shaitan/Sinners was obviously in jest. And I still think they are good names. Sports teams are suppose to be fun/different/unique/fear inducing. i.e. Duke Blue Devils, Tampa Bay Devil Rays. This is not a Sylhet vs Dhaka thing, Dhaka Daicoit was also a recommendation. You don't see Dhaka people up in arms.

Or are you upset because Shaitan/Sinner is somehow Unislamic? Unholy? If you believe that, then don't ever eat any Devil's Food Cakes. I can say one thing, the secular principles that Bangladesh was founded on died a long time ago. We have come so far now that people start quoting Islamic scholars and who came from where... all over some silly name ideas.

Fazal
July 28, 2017, 12:48 PM
What's wrong with sinner? Sinner ki manus na? Tader shok alhad nai?

SportingBD
July 28, 2017, 12:54 PM
SportingBD, these posts about 'Sylhet' vs 'Dhaka' are of extremely poor taste! Making Sylhet the capital of Bangladesh over Dhaka are nonsensical - You cannot do that being in East London from weekly meeting of a group of expatriots and some of who have never ever been to either Dhaka or Sylhet. It shows NOTHING but extremely unsecured, segregational, divisional (things that will only create unnecessary/undesirable divides between otherwise a common group of people), and 'provincial' mindset. You are either writing these with innocence and not realizing the consequence or effect that your posts will have in the forum OR they are intentionally being written and expressed as purely to be TAUNTING.

I expect better from you. Why? You have shown in this forum that you have a beautiful mind, you admire humbleness (through your active energetic, participation here). Look at your BC signature, you are quoting one of the best of historical characters from the last two millennia, a ferocious and superb general of a soon to be extremely powerful military force BUT at the same time a wise leader and a humble and 'kind' man. What a beautiful thing that is - your signature I mean - SportingBD, I seek inspiration from you signature and Imam Ali (may the Lord rest his soul in the most sublime peace)

SportingBD, if you are NOT doing this to taunt people, then you should look into this very clearly - both the beautiful land of Sylhet and Dhaka gave birth to many kind, intelligent and brave leaders for our country Bangladesh and at the same time many murdering rapists, thugs, Razakaars and scumbags that would destroy it (the country) and sell it to anyone for a bag of rice or a bundle of notes) in a blink of an eye. No piece of land is better than the other on this earth. It is the people that live in it that dwell in it, creates a reflection of it on someone else mind how they themselves (the dweller of that land) behave and act. The land itself has no political or hierarchical ambition.

While like any place, Dhaka existed from way before, the historical city concept of Dhaka was founded in 1608 as the capital of the Mughal Bengal. That does not mean, it was a place in the woods, or a rural clumps of villages, the to be Mughal Subedaar/Governor of Bengal came over with the Army and stuck a stick on the ground in the middle of a rice paddy and said, ‘Here, for the glory of our Emperor – HH Jahangir Shah, we shall build the capital city of Bengal!” Dhaka as a center of business, trade, regional political, transportation hub(through rivers and road) and as a city concept existed way before that – thus the Mughal set their eyes and target there, they did long research and study before taking such decision.

Islam did not originate or proliferate in the Bengal from Sylhet, the idea of it is completely incorrect. Sylhet magnificently became a center of a lot of the 'Sufi' saints that CAME there for a very specific battle/war in and around 1370 (!- I need to verify the circa). NONE of the saints were from Bengal or Bengali by ethnicity by any means. Al of the 330/331 sufi saints that traveled there in in the ‘Sylhet’ region, they came from as far as from Yemen, Islamic Persia (Iran), Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan, , Turkey, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central India. They were all of Sufi order (still within the realm of Sunnah) and they picked up arms and engaged in battle and went against their true belief of not fighting and engaging in violence - in order to fight ‘injustice’, tyranny and very specifically to defend a very poor, weak farmer whose infant child was revenge murdered/scarified at a village by a tyrant in a place within the area of what we know today as the greater ‘Sylhet District’ not the city. I will not explain the battle and its deeper reason, because that itself will spark a different undesirable atmosphere. Here in the forum. After the war, after a lot of the Sufis died (became shahidaans), the rest of them spread all over the Bengal to spread their teaching and denounced violence. Like, todays Chittagong, Bagherhaat, Khulna, Brahmanbaria, Dhaka, Mirpur, Dinajpur etc. I can give you reference to most of these from Old Delhi Public Library – in Farsi and the Islamic Studies (Subcontinent) from University of Delhi. Sylhet region , the Surma, the Titash, the Kushiara - what they mean to Bangladesh and to the people of Bangladesh, one can only imagine. The Khashias, Tripuras and the Bengalis of Sylhet are all Bangladeshis and they all fought for ‘Bangladesh’ in the war of independence just like the brave boys and girls from Dhaka fought, gave their lives, got disappeared, got raped and mercilessly murdered. All these people, the people of Sylhet and Dhaka – the good and the bad are all our people and our ancestors.

SportingBD, you mentioned before that Sylheties are more proud of being Syslheties than being Bangladeshis. What does that mean? I am sylhety too. We are Bangladeshi first, then we/our forefathers came from Sylhet/Brahmanbaira/Bogra/CTG all that crap. SportingBD, look at your nick – it is Sporting ‘BD’ – I do not remind you that what that stands for. We are here, in this forum, by knowing every precisely that it is a forum for cricket in Bangladesh. BPL- Bangladesh Premier League – there you go!
And the Khaledas and Hasinas were NOT from DHAKA (not born in)– Dhaka did not give birth of them – another incorrect item. The Hasinas and the Khaledas were given birth by the whole collective conscience of Bangladesh – It is your and my burden sins and burden.
My last saying about Sylhet and Dhaka is – Bangladesh needs both and both shall remain with Bangladesh, the way they are as long as many of us live. I, you, many of us may not live in Bangladesh, but some of our little brothers, sisters or dying father still live there, and it affects us and will affect us deeply.

After writing all these crap myself, I know none of these would mean anything, I would say this – I feel bad for single you out here. Honestly, I was disturbed by the posts as they will only ruin our form environment. BC is an open place for expressing one’s opinion, when it comes to sport or anything else for that matter, as long as it does not insult or ‘belittle’ another group of people – Look, this is not a comment section of BDNews24 or Yahoo garbage!

Back home from work. I have read this detailed post very carefully.
Will try my best to answer.

SportingBD, you mentioned before that Sylheties are more proud of being Syslheties than being Bangladeshis.

My Mama(mothers brother) and her cousin brother were freedom fighters for Bangladesh. When my relative died, soldiers came to bury him, like they do for every freedom fighter in Bangladesh. I had the chance to meet him, it was special. My mama is still alive, Alhamdulillah. I met both of them in 2005 (the last time I visited BD), both were amazing.

Some members here couple of months ago was posting how Sylhet is not part of Bangladesh and was attacking the Sylheti community, he was warned by one of the moderators. Around that time, I must have said I feel proud to be Sylheti and most Sylheti's are proud of it too. I might have out of anger said the Bangladesh part also.

Who wouldn't feel bad when people say Sylhet has not contributed anything to Bangladesh? when some members here constantly joke about Sylhet? like they have never done anything for Bangladesh? I make it clear, I feel proud to be a tiger. But when some people from Dhaka keep trying to enforce that Sylheti's haven't done anything for Bangladesh or shouldn't be part of Bangladesh, how can that not hurt?

Many times, when those members joke/dig/indirectly/directly attack Sylhet, post anti Sylheti remarks, it is taken as a joke? but when I do it, it becomes serious? the post about making Sylhet capital of Bangladesh was a joke. But it was turned into something else by some ingenious people? and it is those same people that have been slyly directly/indirectly attacking the Sylheti community for a long time.

Thank you for the beautiful post, I have learnt things from that post, especially the historical aspect of Sylhet/Dhaka. :)

Fazal
July 28, 2017, 12:56 PM
Hasina is from Faridpur, Khaleda is from Noakhali, but where is our finance minister MAAL is from?

Shadow
July 28, 2017, 01:07 PM
Khulna Springdeers

Sylhet Marshlanders

aklemalp
July 28, 2017, 01:50 PM
Chittagong Vikings still beat the rest though.

Land of the Vikings..Tho, et al

Yankees
July 28, 2017, 02:06 PM
Chittagong Vikings still beat the rest though.

Land of the Vikings..Tho, et al

What's the connection? I don't get it.

aklemalp
July 28, 2017, 02:08 PM
What's the connection? I don't get it.

Sarcasm.

I think it may have been some trolling involved also with the owners naming it :lol:

Yankees
July 28, 2017, 02:31 PM
So here's the best list based on member contributions:

Barisal Bhoot/ Barisal Baadshahs
Comilla?
Chittagong Armoury Raiders
Dhaka Dacoits
Rongila Rangpur/Rangpur Rakshasa
Khulna Kaowa
Rajshahi Rajas
Shahs of Sylhet/ Sylhet Sultans

Need something for Comilla. But this is better than the generic crap we have now. Please take note BPL.

fush_montor
July 28, 2017, 02:41 PM
^lets just translate Barishal Bulls and call them Barishaler Bolod :D

iDumb
July 28, 2017, 03:27 PM
This thread had turned from mildly amusing to sadly pathetic with sylhet vs non sylhet nonsense....

No respectable Bangladeshi will bad mouth people from sylhet if its not in jest. We are all Bangladeshis, there are NO difference in us religiously culturally and even linguistically...

I curse noakhaillas like there is no tomorrow.... but when it comes to friends, family I can't escape those f*****. To this day not a single noakhaillah ever took offense to me.

My first cricket bat in United states back in the 90s when there were no stores in NYC selling bats was bought by my neighbor - who was a sylheti when he went to visit Bangladesh.. He got me a really nice bat too...cost in the vicinity of 150 USD... and he refused to take money from me.... In that time in that neighborhood we were just glad we had another Bengali family we can visit....

the things that i read in this thread is JUST RIDICULOUS and out of REALITY. Atleast in my experience.... i really don't know what some of you are smoking.

it's in bangalee ppls blood to bad mouth, curse ppl from other regions but that's as far as it goes.....they will bad mouth them but will marry their children, have chaa with them, mingle with them....celebrate eid with them...

ok brb.

Yankees
July 28, 2017, 03:37 PM
^lets just translate Barishal Bulls and call them Barishaler Bolod :D

haha..

"The Bolods have done it! The Bolods are champions of BPL. Here comes the bolod captain to lift the trophy. Standing next to him is the bolod owner and the bolod coach. And ofcourse, the rest of the bolod players. And all the bolod fans are going wild!!!" :floor:

NoName
July 28, 2017, 04:52 PM
haha..

"The Bolods have done it! The Bolods are champions of BPL. Here comes the bolod captain to lift the trophy. Standing next to him is the bolod owner and the bolod coach. And ofcourse, the rest of the bolod players. And all the bolod fans are going wild!!!" :floor:

I can picture Danny saying that without realizing what bolod means :lol:

NoName
July 28, 2017, 04:59 PM
Comilla Cataphracts, they have the potential to have a sick logo depending on who designs them

Yankees
July 28, 2017, 05:19 PM
Comilla Cataphracts, they have the potential to have a sick logo depending on who designs them

For a second there, I thought you wrote cataracts lol. And that's probably why this name would never work.

Comilla Cantonment? Or Comilla Moyna? (for the bird and also Moynamati, Comilla)

DinRaat.
July 29, 2017, 12:09 AM
Barisal Badasses
Comilla Cancer
Rajshahi Raiders
Syhlet Suparstars
dhaka dancers
Khulna Titans
chittagong cocks or Chittagong roosters which ever suits them. Most likely the last one

Yankees
July 29, 2017, 03:43 AM
Barisal Badasses
Comilla Cancer
Rajshahi Raiders
Syhlet Suparstars
dhaka dancers
Khulna Titans
chittagong cocks or Chittagong roosters which ever suits them. Most likely the last one

Can you stop joking around? This is a serious discussion about a serious topic. Now help us decide between Barisal Bhoot or Barisal Bolods. :floor:

Night_wolf
July 29, 2017, 04:32 AM
I vote for Barisal Bolods, Sylet Sagols, Dhaka Dumbas, Chitagong Camels in spirit of the upcoming Kurbanir Eid

DinRaat.
July 29, 2017, 04:43 AM
Can you stop joking around? This is a serious discussion about a serious topic. Now help us decide between Barisal Bhoot or Barisal Bolods. :floor:

How about,Barisal Boners :D

DinRaat.
July 29, 2017, 05:16 AM
If the earth is treated as a moving platform, its motion can be exploited to give a major boost to velocity of rockets upon launch.Engineers use this infomation to extrapolate launch degrees of rockets to the east to allow them to gain the rotational velocity of the earth(1700km/h)

PeaceTrain
July 29, 2017, 05:56 AM
I have a very strong connection to Sylhet through the music of Lal Miah, cuisines by Tommy Miah. So I am hard on them sometimes but its only out of the strong love.

I established and administer a Sylhet fan club. It started when I saw there are fan clubs for Dhaka/Ctg for BPL and none for Sylhet. So I stepped in and created one few years ago and have some members already. If I had allergy/dislike, I wouldn't do such a thing.

Mufi Miah, just admit to yourself that you do have a Sylhet allergy and a closet Sylhet hater. Over the years I have read many of your well disguised hate posts towards Sylhet or Sylheti posters. Being a "founding father" of a Sylhet Fan page doesn't hide that fact. Its just trolling in extremely poor taste and quite disturbing, too.

I am also amused by your curious fascination with anything to do with Miahs and your strange musical taste. I'm sure you're fully aware that Sylhet is more associated with poets/mystics such as Abdul Karim, Hason Raja or Radha Romon et el than your Lal Miahs (I didn't even know who he was before doing an internet search). Perhaps, you're trolling once again??

PeaceTrain
July 29, 2017, 06:46 AM
. It shows NOTHING but extremely unsecured, segregational, divisional (things that will only create unnecessary/undesirable divides between otherwise a common group of people), and 'provincial' mindset. You are either writing these with innocence and not realizing the consequence or effect that your posts will have in the forum OR they are intentionally being written and expressed as purely to be TAUNTING.

Good post. But, if you're going to unleash a post about the tribal/provincial mind why single out one solitary poster alone! There are plenty here with -the only way I could describe to be -a prehistoric/ reptilian psyche. These lot very deliberately keep the fire of segregation/divide alight with provocative or often well disguised taunting posts. It seems to me their sole life ambition is to create mischief to the max in every sphere. The naivete of the poster you have addressed is pale compared to the real danger these lot pose towards peace and harmony -home or abroad.

iDumb
July 29, 2017, 07:19 AM
Mufi got dumped by a sylheti hottie. I think that explains a lot of his posts. I seen her picture, way out of most ppl's league but Mufi somehow got her then got dumped when he refused to pay for her london trip.

Mas_UK25
July 29, 2017, 07:28 AM
Mufi Miah, just admit to yourself that you do have a Sylhet allergy and a closet Sylhet hater. Over the years I have read many of your well disguised hate posts towards Sylhet or Sylheti posters. Being a "founding father" of a Sylhet Fan page doesn't hide that fact. Its just trolling in extremely poor taste and quite disturbing, too.

I am also amused by your curious fascination with anything to do with Miahs and your strange musical taste. I'm sure you're fully aware that Sylhet is more associated with poets/mystics such as Abdul Karim, Hason Raja or Radha Romon et el than your Lal Miahs (I didn't even know who he was before doing an internet search). Perhaps, you're trolling once again??

Thank you my friend.

We all know he is a troll. What you said is so nicely said and true.

I think the other poster just jealous of Sylhetis and, has some sort inferiority complex. I don't think he will ever dare to say to any Sylhetis face. He thinks Sylhet only has Lal Miah and Tommy Mia. When no one in sylhet hardly knows these two. He likes to troll us like Punbjis, Indo-Paks troll bengalis from BD!

Mas_UK25
July 29, 2017, 07:36 AM
Also just to add. To my previous post. The other post who trolls Sylhetis has many highup friends here hence he won't get warning/ban.Just like it happens in the Desh.
But if I or someone else did this to some of them and about the region, most likely to get ban because of "bigotry", "pride and prejudice". But it doesn't apply to certain posters...

I even saw a poster who has become a mod, saying something like if Sylhetis go to Dhaka to protest about the naming of surma sixers then something bad will happen. Like some sort threat he was giving. In response to another posters message about he said in humorous/sarcastic way,'go dhaka and protest'. I'm most seen those two post, don't want to name them, you will find it.

aklemalp
July 29, 2017, 07:49 AM
Can't they have a team that is from a city rather than a region?

Like cox's Bazaar...

Sorry if I got the geography confused.

tejkuni
July 29, 2017, 07:53 AM
For a second there, I thought you wrote cataracts lol. And that's probably why this name would never work.

Comilla Cantonment? Or Comilla Moyna? (for the bird and also Moynamati, Comilla)

I am from Comilla. Our friends used to call us Comilla Chapabaz.

Mas_UK25
July 29, 2017, 07:59 AM
Can't they have a team that is from a city rather than a region?

Like cox's Bazaar...

Sorry if I got the geography confused.

They have teams from each division. But Comilla isn't a division yet. Chittagong Division has two teams,Commilla named after city. So, yes Coxs Bazar could have a team, if there's interest and when they have a International stadium it will be tempting to have them onboard for sure. Better for BPL, cricket played in the sea beach town.

fush_montor
July 29, 2017, 08:01 AM

just let him be bro...the reason i didn't reply back to him is that it seems too much like a deja vu...every couple of years these nonsense arguments come to the fore and the rhetorics are always the same...the best strategy is to ignore the naive but more importantly to never feed the troll..it just generates further nonsense and takes the focus away from the discussion at hand

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 08:13 AM
just let him be bro...the reason i didn't reply back to him is that it seems too much like a deja vu...every couple of years these nonsense arguments come to the fore and the rhetorics are always the same...the best strategy is to ignore the naive but more importantly to never feed the troll..it just generates further nonsense and takes the focus away from the discussion at hand

No. If you ignore them, they have a platform to spread hate in a disguised manner. If you don't stand up, than more of those kind will be born & think it's ok to spread disguised hate. Completely wrong approach to take. Why? You see now that certain poster has been doing that for a long time, it is now seen as a 'joke', it became a norm to slyly dig/joke about a certain community, and the others think it's just mere jest. Hence, they also join in, some of them genuinely are in jest, but within those group some are real hate that are disguised but considered jest even though it's not.

fush_montor
July 29, 2017, 08:28 AM
^ no one has to get so worked up on some nonsense someone said in an internet forum..just relax..do you seriously think you are going to change somebody's opinion by having a verbal spat over the web?
well do whatever floats your boat man...
over and out

PeaceTrain
July 29, 2017, 08:31 AM
Mas_UK25,

You're most welcome. Having said that, why should others be jealous of Sylheti? Are Sylheti by default any better than people from other regions? Do they enjoy a "higher caste" with God? I don't think so, my friend. Just as Sylhetis have some strong unique traits so do the other folks. I find many non-Sylhetis to be more hardworking and educated than Sylhetis in general -for example.

There are elements who like to stir things up and keep people separated by playing the tribe, race or region cards but we must not fall victims to their tricks and behave exactly in a fashion they want us to behave. I was shocked by some of the absolute rubbish written by the poster about "Dhakaiyya" students taking all the jobs in London and what not. I can only assume that poster to be very young in age or not very gifted upstairs. Perhaps, he/she is forgetting they themselves are the sons/daughters of the immigrants who themselves had to struggle and find a niche for themselves in a foreign land. How can a people begrudge others for trying to better themselves, especially, when they happened to be one's fellow countrymen? Shouldn't they go out of their way and try to help these people in a foreign land? Why people are always suspicious/afraid of the newcomers a la EDL or any bigoted parties out there? Not all "Dhakaiyyas" are bad people or out to get the Sylhetis, my friend. Don't judge them because of your interaction with some of them on the net or in real life. They are not a true representation of the vast majority.

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 08:35 AM
^ no one has to get so worked up on some nonsense someone said in an internet forum..just relax..do you seriously think you are going to change somebody's opinion by having a verbal spat over the web?
well do whatever floats your boat man...
over and out

It's not about changing someone's opinion. Rather it's to say promoting disguised hate spreads/creates more of those kind. You see people use these things to form a opinion about certain communities in real life. Internet plays a big part on how people think these days, hence if we are more careful to what we say about communities/people it may bring about more peace and unity.

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 08:42 AM
Mas_UK25,

You're most welcome. Having said that, why should others be jealous of Sylheti? Are Sylheti by default any better than people from other regions? Do they enjoy a "higher caste" with God? I don't think so, my friend. Just as Sylhetis have some strong unique traits so do the other folks. I find many non-Sylhetis to be more hardworking and educated than Sylhetis in general -for example.

There are elements who like to stir things up and keep people separated by playing the tribe, race or region cards but we must not fall victims to their tricks and behave exactly in a fashion they want us to behave. I was shocked by some of the absolute rubbish written by the poster about "Dhakaiyya" students taking all the jobs in London and what not. I can only assume that poster to be very young in age or not very gifted upstairs. Perhaps, he/she is forgetting they themselves are the sons/daughters of the immigrants who themselves had to struggle and find a niche for themselves in a foreign land. How can a people begrudge others for trying to better themselves, especially, when they happened to be one's fellow countrymen? Shouldn't they go out of their way and try to help these people in a foreign land? Why people are always suspicious/afraid of the newcomers a la EDL or any bigoted parties out there? Not all "Dhakaiyyas" are bad people or out to get the Sylhetis, my friend. Don't judge them because of your interaction with some of them on the net or in real life. They are not a true representation of the vast majority.

The post I wrote was a response to Mufi-02 about how owners treated employees badly. I wrote about how people from Dhaka was treated by some owners couple of years ago. How many of the Sylheti community was impacted due to the income dilution. if my post came out in the wrong way, I apologise.

mufi_02
July 29, 2017, 08:42 AM
I have to agree with Sporting bhaiyo here. There are too much hatred within the division that affects the action. One thing is to have an opinion but it's totally different when it translates to physical actions. He opened my eyes through that example in UK where a group from certain region were treated like maid/slaves by restaurant owners of certain other region.

Too much hatred..

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 08:46 AM
I have to agree with Sporting bhaiyo here. There are too much hatred within the division that affects the action. One thing is to have an opinion but it's totally different when it translates to physical actions. He opened my eyes through that example in UK where a group from certain region were treated like maid/slaves by restaurant owners of certain other region.

Too much hatred..

These happens both ways. Like I have heard if you are Sylheti and from London, you shouldn't be walking alone in Dhaka, or visiting Dhaka. When I went BD in 2005, some of my cousins were telling me how Sylhetis are not safe in Dhaka if they don't have connections etc. There is hate, and we should try our best to try bringing peace by using social media etc.

mufi_02
July 29, 2017, 08:52 AM
These happens both ways. Like I have heard if you are Sylheti and from London, you shouldn't be walking alone in Dhaka, or visiting Dhaka. When I went BD in 2005, some of my cousins were telling me how Sylhetis are not safe in Dhaka if they don't have connections etc. There is hate, and we should try our best to try bringing peace by using social media etc.

You shouldn't be walking alone in Dhaka. Period. No matter where you are from LOL..

Sylethis aren't safe in Dhaka if they don't have connections? Now that's a news to me. But I guess current Dhaka people can answer that better than me.

Yankees
July 29, 2017, 09:36 AM
Thanks a lot guys. We were having an important conversation about bolods and boners, and you guys had to ruin it with your nonsense tit for tat.

Yankees
July 29, 2017, 09:40 AM
I am from Comilla. Our friends used to call us Comilla Chapabaz.

What do you think NoName and DinRaat bhais, Comilla Cantonment, Comilla Moyna, or Comilla Chapabaz?

Fazal
July 29, 2017, 12:32 PM

I think you are old and matured enough to realize that your cousin is talking nonsense and you are helping spreading hatred using fake news.

Do the Sylheti's are marka mara (can be identified by looking at their face)? You complain about hatred but you are one of the few helping spreading the hatred with fake information ( examples: Khaleda and hasina from dhaka, then people from only dhaka comes to england to study, and they work in syhlheti owner and they treat them as slaves, and then people target sylheti people in dhaka street.)

Please stop these nonsense. Because you are providing false information and creating more division.

Fazal
July 29, 2017, 12:36 PM
Now coming back renaming teams: I Like "Dhaka Bakorkhani"

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 01:39 PM
I think you are old and matured enough to realize that your cousin is talking nonsense and you are helping spreading hatred using fake news.

Do the Sylheti's are marka mara (can be identified by looking at their face)? You complain about hatred but you are one of the few helping spreading the hatred with fake information ( examples: Khaleda and hasina from dhaka, then people from only dhaka comes to england to study, and they work in syhlheti owner and they treat them as slaves, and then people target sylheti people in dhaka street.)

Please stop these nonsense. Because you are providing false information and creating more division.

Those comments were not made to spread hate, rather it was made to show that a problem existed. The first step to any solution is to accept that their is a problem. Secondly, I went BD in 2005, and now it is 2017, hopefully many things must have changed.

My main point which you clearly overlooked was that members stop using anti Sylheti remarks/jokes/digs etc in a disguised manner, calling it merely a 'jest' when in fact this jest is used as a disguised attack is not good. And it is not only me that see those, others here also mentioned the same, some people have become expert at having something against a community in a expertly manner.

mufi_02
July 29, 2017, 03:10 PM
First of all, find a post in this thread where people took a dig at sylhet ?

Second, Barisal was called bolods. Comilla chapabaaz. Others made fun of Khulna/Noakhali. But I don't see anyone whining/complaining. In fact, Dhaka Dacoits was very creative. As a Dhakaiya, I thought the Dacoit was quite funny..

aklemalp
July 29, 2017, 03:13 PM
Gabbar Singh was a Dacoit, and he is a freaking mythical figure in film history.

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 03:18 PM
First of all, find a post in this thread where people took a dig at sylhet ?

Second, Barisal was called bolods. Comilla chapabaaz. Others made fun of Khulna/Noakhali. But I don't see anyone whining/complaining. In fact, Dhaka Dacoits was very creative. As a Dhakaiya, I thought the Dacoit was quite funny..

Where did I say about this thread? It was the general observation over the years. Those are different than calling people as sinners/shaitans, completedly different.

iDumb
July 29, 2017, 03:24 PM
Anyone that replies to this sportingbd seriously is an idiot ...

It is very apparent to me in this thread that there are lot of members from sylhet here ..

What concerns me is that instead of them shutting down that clown who apparently is representing their region, they are actually taking offense in what I am pretty sure are harmless banter posts by mufi ....

I think it poorly reflects on you if you gonna go the serious route .... be consistent

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 03:27 PM
It's those same member that has been having banters for years.

Sure.

iDumb
July 29, 2017, 03:35 PM
It's those same member that has been having banters for years.

Sure.

And you are the same clown that posted about Dhaka slavery and dhakhaiya taking your jobs years ago... I remember that .... I had a laugh .....

Your posts are a reflection of how u think buddy ...

Try to be a Bangladeshi first May be then u will see how ridiculous u sound ....

In a foreign land out off all the ppl in the world and all the immigrants from different parts of the world it was "dhakaiyas " that took sylheti jobs? Bravo !!!

You might be the proudest and the most protectionist dishwasher in the world ...

mufi_02
July 29, 2017, 03:43 PM
Where did I say about this thread? It was the general observation over the years. Those are different than calling people as sinners/shaitans, completedly different.

what about the fact you saying hasina/khaleda are from dhaka? I think you said something like "so what did dhaka gave us..hasina/khaleda?

you do realize they are not from dhaka. are you willing to admit that your statement was wayyyy inaccurate? then we can move on to other stuff.

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 03:45 PM
And you are the same clown that posted about Dhaka slavery and dhakhaiya taking your jobs years ago... I remember that .... I had a laugh .....

Your posts are a reflection of how u think buddy ...

Try to be a Bangladeshi first May be then u will see how ridiculous u sound ....

In a foreign land out off all the ppl in the world and all the immigrants from different parts of the world it was "dhakaiyas " that took sylheti jobs .... ? Bravo !!!

Dude stop playing the tag team game. This trend is easily traceable.

Secondly, the Dhaka part was to show that there are some issues between these two communities. Now you coming and going after me shouldn't be a suprise? Once again this trend is too easy to spot. There are limits to what kind of joke one makes, and calling people shaitans/sinners isn't a good thing to do. Merely pointing out the consequences of such jokes shouldn't be taken as spreading hate, and in doing so I was showing how there are some issues between Dhaka-Sylhet people.

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 03:47 PM
what about the fact you saying hasina/khaleda are from dhaka? I think you said something like "so what did dhaka gave us..hasina/khaleda?

you do realize they are not from dhaka. are you willing to admit that your statement was wayyyy inaccurate? then we can move on to other stuff.

It is not the same as calling a community sinners/shaitans.

If you can't comprehend the difference, than carry on.

It was definitely inaccurate. Nothing wrong in admitting that.

mufi_02
July 29, 2017, 03:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/O2ZCWNY.gif

Reaction and sensitivity of some people..I will just leave this here as my last post of this thread.

iDumb
July 29, 2017, 03:53 PM
I will let our other sylheti brothers reply to you sportingbd ...I m not gonna do it ... I can't believe I am having this conversation ...

You are not worth anyones time even for trolling

PeaceTrain
July 29, 2017, 04:23 PM
Anyone that replies to this sportingbd seriously is an idiot ...

I think you might have replied to his post after posting the above. Isn't that the epitome of an idiotic act?

I see you are quick to defend Mufi02 citing all kind of idiotic and bizarre reasons for his hate posts. If you're trying to be funny then join a comedy club or a circus.

This weird bromance with Mufi02 or tag-teaming is becoming quite unhealthy for this forum.

iDumb
July 29, 2017, 04:40 PM
Peace train .... LOL

I never take that clown seriously .... but it was concerning to me some of u do ....

I wouldn't be surprised if u and that clown are the same person .... that's worse than tag team ...

Keep posting more please .... the regional psyche becomes more clear to me ....

I wanna see one sane post from a sylheti guy here ....please ..don't burst by bubble that I lived in over 20 years ....

SportingBD
July 29, 2017, 04:45 PM
Peace train .... LOL

I never take that clown seriously .... but it was concerning to me some of u do ....

I wouldn't be surprised if u and that clown are the same person .... that's worse than tag team ...

Keep posting more please .... the regional psyche becomes more clear to me ....

I wanna see one sane post from a sylheti guy here ....please ..don't burst by bubble that I lived in over 20 years ....

A simple look at the date of peace train joining (2007) should make you know that both are not the same user :facepalm:

There are many Sylheti members that have joined BC and joined long time ago.
However those poster don't post at all. Maybe should think why they don't?

fush_montor
July 29, 2017, 04:54 PM
What concerns me is that instead of them shutting down that clown who apparently is representing their region, they are actually taking offense in what I am pretty sure are harmless banter posts by mufi ....

I think it poorly reflects on you if you gonna go the serious route .... be consistent

I was the first one to confront the said clown's ridiculous propositions...but mufi_02 is a veteran and respected member of the forum so expected more from him..he just couldn't let go of the chance to make the clown dance and let the thread go to the dogs..this is not the first time that his 'banters' on exactly this same nonsensical topic have led us where we are right now..no where..

over and out (this time for real)

bujhee kom
July 29, 2017, 08:36 PM
BC is Gold!
Banglacricket.coma is out of coma!

Brother Yankee, Musatafa Muffy the Buffy Hunter, Orphy, Fazil mama - shame on you all for calling/ naming a team Sylhety 'Sinners' and 'Saitan'....But Sporty bhaiyo, Yankees bhaiya may have referred to the vegan meat alternative seitan, might have been a bad spelling, that's all.

No guys, it had been fun here, this is a good thread. A gem.

On a serious note though, Arrey bhais, my late dadi (grandmother) is from Habiganj - same thing. Our Lady's man Ajfar's root is from Sylhet! Full sylhety, even our sylhoty beda bhaiyo is sylhoty! Chowdhury MoC is Sylhoty, Nadim Nadstar, Mijanur Ex-FTP Mafia Ganstar (Dealin with Cash only aka 'Revolver') is Sylhoty!

And my Sporty - my dearest SportingBD is of sylhety root. He is sensitive and he felt hurt, and it is totally fare. everyone is different. But the fact is SportingBD is very courteous and he processes a massive volume of compassion and empathy for me and others. That is very powerful.

SportingBD bhaiya, your amma's late Shahid uncle (mama) (RIP) and his sons (your amma's cousins, your mama)(RIP) are the reason we all have a website here today, called Bangla(desh)cricket.com. The ultimate 'selfless' sacrifice that those men's (your uncles) made 40 some years ago, gave a us a test cricket team today, because of your beautiful, most beloved relatives today we don't have to support Pakistan, England or India to follow international cricket - no matter where we Bangladeshis live or where we Bangladeshis were even born -as long as we have our roots in BD), We are proud to be a splash of Dark Red in the middle of the Jungle Green - Always! SportingBD, we fight here over districts, because we get bored and we are like that, we are silly like that sometimes, but the moment we/BD play against a foreign team and some troll comes from somewhere else and insults BD team, we all unite together and jump them dick's throat (I mean not literally). And someday when the planet gets invaded by the apes or coneheads, we all people of the earth - BD, foreigners, Japanese, gays, Gujratis and atheists will unite together and send the boneheads back to out of the galaxy!

Okay, again on a serious note - You are a good soul, SportingBD and you are good man of faith, God loving, humble soul. Do not worry too much about things when people in a forum jokes around. People come to BC to follow cricket, especially BD related cricket mainly, but many at the same time come here to for friendship, companionship through writing, mental/emotional support that they probably otherwise not getting at home or from their families/friends. I come here as I have no other place to go or to go hang out at. I come here and converse with you, share my pain and share my laughter with you - SportingBD. My grandfather's (dad's dad) side is from Akhaura Junction-Brahmanbaria, my father and all my uncles and paternal relatives are from there - and I constantly call my family and folks smugglers and murderers. Because they are. Next to your, mine is a district/family of demons and sometimes decent – I have both Razakaars as well as Mooktijoddhas in my family. I have Razakaars relatives that love me more than their own children, but burnt their Hindu neighbor’s homes and neighbors. I also have mooktijoddha uncles that carried me when I was in diaper before the war, who later raped and murdered their Bihari neighbor’s last living daughters and afterwards murdered them through suffocations on the bank of the river Titash. I have to go to sleep every night with these in my dreams and see my shameful/poisoned face on the mirror every morning. Next to mine, no matter what the struggles may be, I hope my dearest SportingBD, that you have a much jovial, loving and pristine family.

And your family, Sporting, I absolutely understand when people struggle with resources and job competition rises over time due to overcrowding and migrations - tensions are bound to build and resources run thin. And that definitely, understandably caused resentment amongst the long residing Londoners/Brits of Sylhety origin, and the anger/frustration were projected toward the newcomers from Bangladesh who were taking away their otherwise decently paid old jobs by accepting meager pay and compete them out. I would have felt the same if I were in their (the BD Londoners who were losing their wage/jobs) shoes, if my family(s) were going hungry. This (the strain of resources, thus blaming another) is often seen as one of the reasons for the birth of the Balkan war in the 1990s – the Yugoslovakian civil war, between the Serbs, the Bosnians and the Croats.
But you know, SportingBD bhaiya, everyone every group has to start somewhere, from a small number, as a newcomer. Before everyone else, there was always someone else who was there first, and everyone has to, and had to start from zero and as a newcomer – like the great Vivian Richards once said, “Man, when you go to the crease for the first time, the score is always zero.”

SportingBD, please brother, don’t be hurt by Yankee, idumb, Fazal or Mufi. They all mean well deep inside, they are just joking around. Please don’t be hurt by their mere tease comements about the beautiful land of Sylhet and it’s good people. Without Sylhet, we Bangladesh will be in huge trouble, without it’s endless blessing from our Lord, Allah, we/BD will have a lot less resources. And I know this - any sylhety will hesitate to take his/her meal if she or he sees a neighbor going hungry, no matter which /race they represent (even if that hungry person’s grandma wasn’t from Sylhet or Hobiganj – I was born in Dhanmondi, so what, next month if you see your BK going hungry in East London, won't you take me in and feed me? I know Sporting, you will.

Yankees
July 29, 2017, 09:29 PM
But Sporty bhaiyo, Yankees bhaiya may have referred to the vegan meat alternative seitan, might have been a bad spelling, that's all.

No bhai, I really did mean Shaitan, I assure you it wasn't misspelled. Because you see, sinner and saitan are not offensive words...unless ofcourse you are looking to get offended.

How many times have we told our friends and family "tui ekta harami" without thinking twice about what that means. Words are fluid, like water. And like water, they take on whatever shape and volume the speaker intends to convey. And conversely, it takes on whatever vessel the listener uses to absorb those words.

As far as Sylhet Saitan/Sinners is concerned, it was suggested more for its alliteration, not as a joke or banter. Hence, Dhaka Daicot, Barisal Bolod, etc.

Because you see, I never even considered that Sylhetis are different from other Bangladeshis...until today. The irony is that from this day on, I will always think of Sylhetis as overly sensitive. So thank you Sylheti bhaiyos, way to "represent" your region :facepalm:

iDumb
July 29, 2017, 10:03 PM
I was the first one to confront the said clown's ridiculous propositis)

Thank you I read your post ..it's was good... I shouldn't have said no good post ...there were couple of good ones for normAl folks like you ...

Growing up I might have had more sylhetiy friends than some of the sylheti ppl here ... maybe it's a problem in London ....this "clash"...

DinRaat.
July 29, 2017, 10:20 PM
BC is Gold!

Brother Yankee, Musatafa Muffy the Buffy Hunter, Orphy, Fazil mama - shame on you all for calling/ naming a team Sylhety 'Sinners' and 'Saitan'....But Sporty bhaiyo, Yankees bhaiya may have referred to the vegan meat alternative seitan, might have been a bad spelling, that's all.

On a serious note though, Arrey bhais, my late dadi (grandmother) is from Habiganj - same thing. Our Lady's man Ajfar's root is from Sylhet! Full sylhety, even our sylhoty beda bhaiyo is sylhoty! Chowdhury MoC is Sylhoty, Nadim Nadstar, Mijanur Ex-FTP Mafia Ganstar (Dealin with Cash only aka 'Revolver') is Sylhoty!

And my Sporty - my dearest SportingBD is of sylhety root. He is sensitive and he felt hurt, and it is totally fare. everyone is different. But the fact is SportingBD is very courteous and he processes a massive volume of compassion and empathy for me and others. That is very powerful.

SportingBD bhaiya, your amma's late Shahid uncle (mama) (RIP) and his sons (your amma's cousins, your mama)(RIP) are the reason we all have a website here today, called Bangla(desh)cricket.com. The ultimate 'selfless' sacrifice that those men's (your uncles) made 40 some years ago, gave a us a test cricket team today, because of your beautiful, most beloved relatives today we don't have to support Pakistan, England or India to follow international cricket - no matter where we Bangladeshis live or where we Bangladeshis were even born -as long as we have our roots in BD), We are proud to be a splash of Dark Red in the middle of the Jungle Green - Always! SportingBD, we fight here over districts, because we get bored and we are like that, we are silly like that sometimes, but the moment we/BD play against a foreign team and some troll comes from somewhere else and insults BD team, we all unite together and jump them dick's throat (I mean not literally). And someday when the planet gets invaded by the apes or coneheads, we all people of the earth - BD, foreigners, Japanese, gays, Gujratis and atheists will unite together and send the boneheads back to out of the galaxy!

Okay, again on a serious note - You are a good soul, SportingBD and you are good man of faith, God loving, humble soul. Do not worry too much about things when people in a forum jokes around. People come to BC to follow cricket, especially BD related cricket mainly, but many at the same time come here to for friendship, companionship through writing, mental/emotional support that they probably otherwise not getting at home or from their families/friends. I come here as I have no other place to go or to go hang out at. I come here and converse with you, share my pain and share my laughter with you - SportingBD. My grandfather's (dad's dad) side is from Akhaura Junction-Brahmanbaria, my father and all my uncles and paternal relatives are from there - and I constantly call my family and folks smugglers and murderers. Because they are. Next to your, mine is a district/family of demons and sometimes decent – I have both Razakaars as well as Mooktijoddhas in my family. I have Razakaars relatives that love me more than their own children, but burnt their neighbor’s homes and neighbors. I also have mooktijoddha uncles that carried me when I was in diaper before the war, who later raped and murdered their Bihari neighbor’s last living daughters and afterwards murdered them through suffocations on the bank of the river Titash. I have to go to sleep every night with these in my dreams and see my shameful/poisoned face on the mirror every morning. Next to mine, no matter what the struggles may be, I hope my dearest SportingBD, that you have a much jovial, loving and pristine family.

And your family, Sporting, I absolutely understand when people struggle with resources and job competition rises over time due to overcrowding and migrations - tensions are bound to build and resources run thin. And that definitely, understandably caused resentment amongst the long residing Londoners/Brits of Sylhety origin, and the anger/frustration were projected toward the newcomers from Bangladeshis who were taking their otherwise decently paid old jobs form meager pay and compete them the out. I would have felt the same if I were in their (the BD Londoners who were losing their wage/jobs) shoes, if my family(s) were going hungry. This (the strain of resources, thus blaming another) is often seen as one of the reasons for the birth of the Balkan war in the 1990s – the Yugoslovakian civil war, between the Serbs, the Bosnians and the Croats. But you know, SportingBD bhaiya, everyone every group has to start somewhere. Before everyone else, there was always someone else who was there first, and everyone has to and had to start from zero – like the great Vivian Richards once said, “Man, when you go to the crease for the first time, the score is always zero.”

SportingBD, please brother, don’t be hurt by Yankee, idumb, Fazal or Mufi. They all mean well deep inside, they are just joking around. Please don’t be hurt by their mere tease comements about the beautiful land of Sylhet and it’s good people. Without Sylhet, we Bangladesh will be in huge trouble, without it’s endless blessing from our Lord, Allah, we/BD will have a lot less resources. And I know this - any sylhety will hesitate to take his/her meal if she or he sees a neighbor going hungry, no matter which /race they represent (even if that hungry person’s grandma wasn’t from Sylhet or Hobiganj – I was born in Dhanmondi, so what, next month if you see your BK going hungry in East London, won't you take me in and feed me? I know Sporting, you will.

Don`t mean to be disrespectful, can you include a Tl;Dr at the end of your long posts.

Please. :ohno:

Tausif
July 30, 2017, 12:17 AM
Goddamn. Amongst all this Sylhet vs Dhaka bullshit, some very creative names got lost.

Really liked Dhaka Dacoits and Comilla Chapabaz :D

SportingBD
July 30, 2017, 05:14 AM
Thank you I read your post ..it's was good... I shouldn't have said no good post ...there were couple of good ones for normAl folks like you ...

Growing up I might have had more sylhetiy friends than some of the sylheti ppl here ... maybe it's a problem in London ....this "clash"...

The problem here in UK is different.

Growing up, you hardly find any Dhakaiya people in London, so hard to know how they are as humans.

Most of us usually get an idea from online platforms etc. Hence when we see Dhakaiya people keep on joking and having sarcastic digs about us, we assume they have some hate problems. We often don't have direct experience with them. I have never meet any people from Dhaka while at secondary, college and university.

Also, our thought process is dictated with what the general talk etc is about the dhakaiya people in the community, like the example I mentioned before, where overall majority were complaining about income dilution.

SportingBD
July 30, 2017, 05:17 AM
No bhai, I really did mean Shaitan, I assure you it wasn't misspelled. Because you see, sinner and saitan are not offensive words...unless ofcourse you are looking to get offended.

How many times have we told our friends and family "tui ekta harami" without thinking twice about what that means. Words are fluid, like water. And like water, they take on whatever shape and volume the speaker intends to convey. And conversely, it takes on whatever vessel the listener uses to absorb those words.

As far as Sylhet Saitan/Sinners is concerned, it was suggested more for its alliteration, not as a joke or banter. Hence, Dhaka Daicot, Barisal Bolod, etc.

Because you see, I never even considered that Sylhetis are different from other Bangladeshis...until today. The irony is that from this day on, I will always think of Sylhetis as overly sensitive. So thank you Sylheti bhaiyos, way to "represent" your region :facepalm:

Telling friend/family who you personally know is different than publishing something like that online. I don't know how old you are, but at least some element of respect would have been appreciated.

SportingBD
July 30, 2017, 05:22 AM
BC is Gold!

Okay, again on a serious note - You are a good soul, SportingBD and you are good man of faith, God loving, humble soul. Do not worry too much about things when people in a forum jokes around. People come to BC to follow cricket, especially BD related cricket mainly, but many at the same time come here to for friendship, companionship through writing, mental/emotional support that they probably otherwise not getting at home or from their families/friends. I come here as I have no other place to go or to go hang out at. I come here and converse with you, share my pain and share my laughter with you - SportingBD. My grandfather's (dad's dad) side is from Akhaura Junction-Brahmanbaria, my father and all my uncles and paternal relatives are from there - and I constantly call my family and folks smugglers and murderers. Because they are. Next to your, mine is a district/family of demons and sometimes decent – I have both Razakaars as well as Mooktijoddhas in my family. I have Razakaars relatives that love me more than their own children, but burnt their neighbor’s homes and neighbors. I also have mooktijoddha uncles that carried me when I was in diaper before the war, who later raped and murdered their Bihari neighbor’s last living daughters and afterwards murdered them through suffocations on the bank of the river Titash. I have to go to sleep every night with these in my dreams and see my shameful/poisoned face on the mirror every morning. Next to mine, no matter what the struggles may be, I hope my dearest SportingBD, that you have a much jovial, loving and pristine family.

And your family, Sporting, I absolutely understand when people struggle with resources and job competition rises over time due to overcrowding and migrations - tensions are bound to build and resources run thin. And that definitely, understandably caused resentment amongst the long residing Londoners/Brits of Sylhety origin, and the anger/frustration were projected toward the newcomers from Bangladeshis who were taking their otherwise decently paid old jobs form meager pay and compete them the out. I would have felt the same if I were in their (the BD Londoners who were losing their wage/jobs) shoes, if my family(s) were going hungry. This (the strain of resources, thus blaming another) is often seen as one of the reasons for the birth of the Balkan war in the 1990s – the Yugoslovakian civil war, between the Serbs, the Bosnians and the Croats. But you know, SportingBD bhaiya, everyone every group has to start somewhere. Before everyone else, there was always someone else who was there first, and everyone has to and had to start from zero – like the great Vivian Richards once said, “Man, when you go to the crease for the first time, the score is always zero.”

SportingBD, please brother, don’t be hurt by Yankee, idumb, Fazal or Mufi.

I know some of them maybe joking, others are just playing the card to drag sylhetis into a thread, otherwise the thread wouldn't have been a hit:D

You see the problem is, we don't see them post good things about sylhetis, hence those of us who have never meet a dhakaiya assume they are hating us (as its ingrained into us that Sylhet/dhakaiya don't get along well).

DinRaat.
July 30, 2017, 05:45 AM
Yankees has produced a hit thread

10/10 would taunt others again!

Yankees
July 30, 2017, 10:26 AM
Goddamn. Amongst all this Sylhet vs Dhaka bullshit, some very creative names got lost.

Really liked Dhaka Dacoits and Comilla Chapabaz :D

That's another vote for Chapabaz. Here's the updated list:

Barisal Bhoot/ Barisal Baadshahs
Comilla Chapabaz
Chittagong Armoury Raiders
Dhaka Dacoits
Rongila Rangpur/Rangpur Rakshasa
Khulna Kaowa
Rajshahi Rajas
Shahs of Sensitive Sylhet

Anyone know how to contact BPL owners?

SportingBD
July 30, 2017, 10:29 AM

The only way he will make his thread hit is by going after Sylheti directly/indirectly.

Otherwise his threads would be of very low quality. As you can see, already.

It's a unique marketing tool for his thread. :)

Yankees
July 30, 2017, 10:32 AM

Why not keep it going? Barisal sucks. There I said it. Come at me Barisal Bros!!!

SportingBD
July 30, 2017, 10:33 AM
You take out all the Sylheti referenced post, than you see this thread has failed, big time.

Some very poor names, nothing imaginative, low quality.

5tonne
July 31, 2017, 07:58 AM
Did anyone suggest Barishailla Bolods and Rajshahi Raamsagols?

Yankees
July 31, 2017, 03:38 PM
Did anyone suggest Barishailla Bolods and Rajshahi Raamsagols?

Bolod has indeed been suggested. Unfortunately, it got buried by all the Sylheti chest thumping.

Rammsagol is a new one so good on you. So fellas, Rajshahi Rajas or Ramsagols?

aklemalp
July 31, 2017, 03:43 PM
I'm running a simulation league based in BD.

Anyone interested?

Roy_1
July 31, 2017, 03:46 PM
:floor::floor::floor::floor:

This thread is gold, thanks to Yankees, dinraat, nightwolf and others

Roy_1
July 31, 2017, 03:51 PM
Bolod has indeed been suggested. Unfortunately, it got buried by all the Sylheti chest thumping.

A bit off topic, have you seen Markhor ? its the national Animal of Pakistan, looks like a Ramchagol on steroids, was watching a documentary about it the other day.

SportingBD
July 31, 2017, 04:05 PM

Uchith kota koilay manshe dekto fare na

Bouthe boutha koisa khali shuijjo kori hunsi

aklemalp
July 31, 2017, 07:09 PM
I don't believe that's our Rameez...he looks like a doppelganger

Yankees
July 31, 2017, 08:08 PM
Rajshahi should be called Rajshahi Rameez Raja. And the mascot is just a massive likeness of Rameez walking around the ground asking people if they speak urdu or english. :lol::lol:

Night_wolf
July 31, 2017, 11:06 PM
Also just to add. To my previous post. The other post who trolls Sylhetis has many highup friends here hence he won't get warning/ban.Just like it happens in the Desh.
But if I or someone else did this to some of them and about the region, most likely to get ban because of "bigotry", "pride and prejudice". But it doesn't apply to certain posters...

I even saw a poster who has become a mod, saying something like if Sylhetis go to Dhaka to protest about the naming of surma sixers then something bad will happen. Like some sort threat he was giving. In response to another posters message about he said in humorous/sarcastic way,'go dhaka and protest'. I'm most seen those two post, don't want to name them, you will find it.

wtf man did you even read my reply to BP?...I started with dhaka amnitei jonosonkhar chape ses, akhon jodi syleti ra dhaka move kore protest korte taile dhaka ses..dont make up stories like you want it to be like

here is my exact post for you reference

bk bhai please..dhakay jonoshonkhar chape ses..akhon jodi sylet er public ra dhaka march kore taile obosta kahil hoye jabe

SportingBD
August 1, 2017, 02:13 AM
@Mas_UK NW never a Sylheti hater, have followed him for years.
You can tell his jokes about sylhetis are very genuine.

Majority of the members here are awesome, and the jokes are legit.
It's only 1-2 members that have been at Sylhetis for many many years. By Now u can easily tell.

Habib
August 1, 2017, 06:27 AM
History shows Sylhet has always had Rajas, Talukdars, Chiefs, Sheikhs lead.
Ruling is in the blood of sylhetis.

I mean Dhaka has given what? Hasina? Khaleda? Too much corruption.

Make Bangladesh Great! We need a Sylheti Prime Minister/King.

A king from the East! Roaaar!

Now now don't blame Dhaka for Hasina and Khaleda. Gopalgonj and Bogra are to blame 😁

SportingBD
August 1, 2017, 07:38 AM
Now now don't blame Dhaka for Hasina and Khaleda. Gopalgonj and Bogra are to blame 😁

How comes no leader (in form of PM) came from Dhaka?
There are many educated and highly qualified professionals in Dhaka.
It's time those talented individuals get a chance to lead our nation.

Both these two begums haven't done much for BD! Corruption still very frequent.
Isn't there any good upcoming/potential leaders around? Like a modern one.

tejkuni
August 1, 2017, 09:58 PM
How comes no leader (in form of PM) came from Dhaka?

First Prime Minister Tajuddin Ahmed and PM during Ershad Era, Ataur Rahman Khan are from Dhaka. Ataur Rahman Khan was also the Chief Minister of erstwhile East Pakistan.