PDA

View Full Version : Stuart MacGill on Short Term Trial

jeesh
July 30, 2017, 10:11 PM
BCB seems to have finalized Stuart MacGill on a short term contract (3-4) months. Wise move, so that they dont make the same mistake they made with Walsh, and could have made with Samaraweera.

Better to assess his coaching, work before giving him a long term contract.

I think the move could be a good one if he gets to work with young and upcoming leg spinners in particular. Worthwhile slotting someone like Jubair to see if he can pick up a thing or two.

His coaching experience is probably only with Australia's Centre Of Excellence as per this

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/macgill-mallett-to-spin-australia-in-a-new-direction-20130425-2ih9i.html

mufi_02
July 30, 2017, 11:48 PM
McGill: so who was the best spinner in the country?
BCB: Tanveer Haider!

Staring to feel bad for McGill already

kalpurush
July 31, 2017, 11:25 AM
McGill: so who was the best spinner in the country?
BCB: Tanveer Haider!

Staring to feel bad for McGill already

Reza could give a try too, you know!;) :)

bujhee kom
July 31, 2017, 11:39 AM
Warm welcome to Bangladesh, Coach MacGill.
All the best to you, team Bangladesh and all the spinners that you will be coaching/training.
:flag:

ReZ_1
August 1, 2017, 03:13 AM
Sabbir should consider to upgrade himself from atleast a occasional leggie to part-timer ...

aklemalp
August 2, 2017, 12:06 PM
Good addition to the setup.

uhv
August 10, 2017, 09:56 PM
BCB should try out Mo Rafique also

jeesh
August 10, 2017, 10:32 PM
Rafique has been involved in academy coaching.

I think we are in need of fresh ideas when it comes to spin.

aklemalp
August 14, 2017, 11:06 AM
Can MacGill teach the boys all the variations in such a short time?

I think spin bowling is like aging cheese...

Rinathq
August 14, 2017, 11:20 AM
not coming.... didnt accept contract. Ofcourse BCB is stupid enough to get the drum rolls going without a reason

aklemalp
August 14, 2017, 11:23 AM
not coming.... didnt accept contract. Ofcourse BCB is stupid enough to get the drum rolls going without a reason

Oh man, this is disappointing. He has a world of cricket knowledge. And sharing it with the youngsters would have been so good.

But hope BCB gets a coach to fill this particular area of their cricket.

Leggies are a big threat in the modern game.

jeesh
August 15, 2017, 04:02 AM
Stupid of BCB staff in opening their mouths before contract was signed, deal finalized. Embarassing. Every news of Stuart McGill on google is him becoming spin coach of BD.

In any case i wouldnt say McGill is someone with extensive coaching experience. So cant really call it a big loss. Wise to look at Sri Lanka or India to look for good options.

ReZ_1
August 15, 2017, 05:18 AM
But Mcgill was a leg spinner and of a good kind... we don`t often come across a leg spinning coach. All the coaches we will get from srilanka or most likely from India are either sla or off spinner. They might have a good coaching sense than Mcgill but I guess his certain advice or techniques could certainly help the young talents as we are desperately looking for a leg spinner.

jeesh
August 16, 2017, 03:41 AM
http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/08/bcb-still-in-search-of-spin-coach/

Joshi still in list.

Possibility of a Sri Lankan coach joining on interim basis-for spin. Wonder who that is.

R0ssei
August 22, 2017, 09:23 AM
Joshi is joining before Aussie test starts.

But have you known that BCB had the shortlist of spin coach starting from 1) McGill 2) Joshi 3) শ্রীধরন শ্রীরাম and 4) Paul Adams :-/:-/:-/

Why would you bring a chinaman as a coach? To make everyone bowl upside down?