PDA

View Full Version : Dav has no answers

Zephaniah
May 17, 2004, 06:53 PM
Dav has no answers
Rabeed Imam from St Vincent

Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore was understandably critical of his batsmen after losing the second one-day international against West Indies on Sunday.

"In the end the difference was 23 runs. Couldn't the top order have given us those runs? I don't know what to say, " he remarked acidly after his consistently inconsistent top-order flopped again chasing a modest 125-run target in a curtailed 25-over match.

But the Australian defended the decision to send Ashraful to open the innings.

"He has got potential as an opener in one-day cricket. We are still looking for the right combination but you have to give him a good run of 10-12 matches to find out, don't you?"

Ashraful scored a duck.

He was particularly upset with the way captain Habibul Bashar, his deputy Rajin Saleh and absolutely out of sorts Alok Kapali were dismissed.

Bashar followed up his first match duck with two while Saleh and Kapali made one. Interestingly both Bashar and Kapali were caught down the leg side.

"This was the first such dismissal in my entire career. We were a bit unlucky and the pitch wasn't ideal. I'm not trying to make excuses as we did not bat well but you have seen how the West Indian batsmen struggled too," said the Bangladesh skipper after the match. While it was a story of yet another brittle batting display, the bowlers commanded respect from their opponents.

Right-arm paceman Tapash Baisya cleverly disguised his slower balls bowled with a leg-spinner's wrist position to finish with 5-1-16-4, the best figures by a Bangladeshi in ODIs.

"This was something I had learned from watching Venkatesh Prasad of India. I had clocked up to 142 kmph today but it was necessary to mix things up because pace wasn't everything in one-day cricket," said the bowler from Sylhet.

Zephaniah
May 17, 2004, 06:54 PM
oops!

Source: Daily Star

Tehsin
May 17, 2004, 07:26 PM
142 kmph ? That's about 88-89mph. Isn't that a little over his average ?

Piranha
May 17, 2004, 08:01 PM
Dav has no answers...does any one have any answers?
Is the new CCL a potential answer?

say
May 17, 2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by tehsin

142 Km/h ??? even Kowshik's highest has been 139 km/h as far as I remember. So that makes Tapash fastest in Bangladesh :-/

paco
May 17, 2004, 08:51 PM
It's entirely possible that he clocked 142 - I've seen him clock around 138 multiple times.

Zephaniah
May 18, 2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by say
Originally posted by tehsin

142 Km/h ??? even Kowshik's highest has been 139 km/h as far as I remember. So that makes Tapash fastest in Bangladesh :-/

Mashrafee's quickest was 147.5 Kmph, i think, in New zealand. According to Rabeed Imam Shahadat is a yard quicker than Masree.

paco
May 18, 2004, 08:24 AM
No - Kowshik averages around 138 and has been clocked at 147

say
May 18, 2004, 08:51 AM
my bad (memory).. its seems natural that kowshik is the fastest of the bunch.

Has shahadat been measured yet?

AsifTheManRahman
May 18, 2004, 09:04 AM
Shahadat, according to one of the members on this board who has watched him play and seen his speed being recorded, is slightly faster than Masri. Masri's highest is something over 145 k's, and Tapash reaching 142 is pretty natural - he bowls at around 138 pretty regularly.

say
May 18, 2004, 11:22 AM
according to a web-faq;

EXPRESS above 152 kph (91 mph)
FAST 145 - 152 kph (87 - 91 mph)
FAST MEDIUM 133 - 145 kph (80 - 87 mph)
MEDIUM FAST 120 - 133 kph (72 - 87 mph)
MEDIUM 90 - 120 kph (54 - 72 mph)
SLOW below 90 kph (54 mph)

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/sports/cricket/cricket-faq/section-23.html

so that will put Kowshik and Shahadat in the FAST and Tapash in the FAST MEDIUM category

Zephaniah
May 18, 2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by paco
No - Kowshik averages around 138 and has been clocked at 147

Mashrafee clocked 147.5 Kmph, i said too! So we don't differ in this matter. According to the report Tapash clocked 142Kmph. Though i don't exactly know their average bowling speed Mashrafee and Shahadat are way too younger than Tapash to work on their pace. I think Mashrafee's career will be short and interesting ( He already had two major operations). Hope Shahadat will be a real success.

Zobair
May 18, 2004, 02:03 PM
I too have a lot of hope on the youngsters that are coming from the ransk of the U19s. They have got all the right ingredients. They have got the technique, the physical fitness, the temperament, and are getting the right coaching. I am hoping Shahadat will become our spearhead in about 3-4 years time.

SS
May 18, 2004, 02:08 PM
who will have the answer!!
thiz is ridiculous...Bashar got out glancing
and kapali is just playing like moran
he tries to show off too much
he should play straight shot!!!
just block it damn it ...can't they know
how to block or defensive...next match
i don wana see pull, hook or glance.
period.

Nasif
May 18, 2004, 02:42 PM
SS we all feel that way. khocha-khuchi dekhte dekhte tired! Lets see some straight batting please.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by nasif]

AsifTheManRahman
May 19, 2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by nasif
SS we all feel that way. khocha-khuchi dekhte dekhte tired! Lets see some straight batting please.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by nasif]

khali khocha khochi noyto pad e lage...:lol: