PDA

View Full Version : So Rich, Yet so Dumb! - BCB

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 09:19 AM
The episode has been leaked.

Isam has said that BCB are the third richest cricket board in the world.
He also says they lack deal making abilities/skills etc.

So what do they do with those money?

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 09:26 AM
No A team/U19 tours. Why?

What are you doing with those money? Seriously!?

iDumb
August 9, 2017, 09:32 AM
Rinat should have recruited you for the headlines for his article ...I think you can have future in yellow/fake news/sensationalism journalism ...

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 09:40 AM
What is fake about the headline?

They are one of the richest board, hence I took 'Rich'.

They have acted dumbly with the amount of money they have, hence I took Dumb.

What's wrong with that? That you jumped up?

aklemalp
August 9, 2017, 09:53 AM
Calling a cricket board dumb. Is that the adult way to go with things?

What ever happened to decorum?

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 09:56 AM
Why can't we call a board dumb? When they are acting like one?

Third richest board? Yet they can't arrange A/19 tour?
Should we call them uneducated? Unqualified? Was that a better word?

To express what kind of failings they have been doing?

ReZ_1
August 9, 2017, 09:58 AM
What is the correlation between being rich and not dumb??

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 10:02 AM
BCB bank full of money.
BCB board full of fools. No skills at all.

Lack of deal making ability! Lacks fundamental skills!

The sooner we get rid of those useless, good for nothing directors better for Bangladesh.

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 10:04 AM
These uselessness guys are the reason why many of our talented players lose their way.

Nasir Hossain, Anamul Haque, Abul Hasan! Many others!
What have BCB done for their development?

MHRAM
August 9, 2017, 10:33 AM
Well maybe BCB is spending on grassroots we may not know but I do agree we need more A team, Academy and U-19 tours
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 10:46 AM
You see there is a board AGM coming up soon!

Just watch how they suddenly get some deals done! It's all about them.

Pretty sure before the meeting happens, they will have some A team tours ready.

Mark my word! Greed! That's what some of them are about.

DinRaat.
August 9, 2017, 10:49 AM
Dumb is the incorrect terrm, should be ineffecient

Roy_1
August 9, 2017, 12:21 PM
I may sound naive but I think BCB should have invited India for a small series, we would have been saved from this Ind-SL borefest.

MHRAM
August 9, 2017, 12:31 PM
I may sound naive but I think BCB should have invited India for a small series, we would have been saved from this Ind-SL borefest.

BCB can't negotiate series between our U-19 team with other U-19 teams

And our u-19 traditionally have been the SA of U-19s. We do well in bilateral but screw up in world cups

Roy_1
August 9, 2017, 12:44 PM
BCB can't negotiate series between our U-19 team with other U-19 teams

And our u-19 traditionally have been the SA of U-19s. We do well in bilateral but screw up in world cups

As an outsider I find it criminal how less tests Tamim, Shakibs has played in their decade long careers, I would not jump the gun since this is perhaps not entirely BCB's fault but with so much wealth, resources and a thriving fanbase BCB certainly could have done better than what they are doing right now. Before reading Isam's article I did know that BCB is the third richest board, I mean so much money with not so much application IMHO.

kalpurush
August 9, 2017, 12:47 PM
The episode has been leaked.

Isam has said that BCB are the third richest cricket board in the world.
He also says they lack deal making abilities/skills etc.

So what do they do with those money?

Please show the link where Isam said BCB is the 3rd richest board? Everywhere, BCB looks like in 5th place ...

BCB is ranked 5th...
http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/02/bcb-now-5th-richest-cricket-board-in-the-world/

Roy_1
August 9, 2017, 12:52 PM
Please show the link where Isam said BCB is the 3rd richest board? Everywhere, BCB looks like in 5th place ...

BCB is ranked 5th...
http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/02/bcb-now-5th-richest-cricket-board-in-the-world/

I am confused kalpurush da, the interview which is published here in BC says BCB is the third richest after BCCI and ECB.

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/features/article.php?item=625

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 01:13 PM

BCB is ranked 5th...

I am confused kalpurush da, the interview which is published here in BC says BCB is the third richest after BCCI and ECB.

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/features/article.php?item=625

Yes. That article on bdcrictime was published in February 2017. Isam stated in Rinat's interview "BCB is the third richest board in the world right now after BCCI and ECB" I am taking Isams word on this.

Plus its the latest available information, his a trusted journalist, I don't think he will make something up like that.

mufi_02
August 9, 2017, 01:13 PM

BCB is ranked 5th...

OP is right. Isam mentioned that in Rinat's interview.

Plus, I don't trust the link shared. It says Zimbabwe cricket is richer than Cricket Australia. What a joke of an article!

SportingBD
August 9, 2017, 01:21 PM

Plus, I don't trust the link shared. It says Zimbabwe cricket is richer than Cricket Australia. What a joke of an article!

I'm going to speak with the owner of BDcrictime soon, IA.

I looked at their product and discussed with the owner by WhatsApp the other day how they can improve. They don't have proper journalist and they don't have sufficient investment needed to grow, some articles are very unprofessional/unreliable. Most of those that write the articles are very young and inexperienced. IA they can improve in the future, has good potential.

kalpurush
August 9, 2017, 02:18 PM

I agree that it's a joke how Zimbabwe could be a richer cricket board than Australia...
but everywhere in the Web it shows BCB in 5th place if you search...

How could BCB toppled ECB in earnings I have no clue to be honest ...

Yankees
August 9, 2017, 02:28 PM

BCB is ranked 5th...

You know an article is complete BS when it mentions "According to a recent report..." without citing any sources whatsoever.

I also think Isam is being optimistic. But we will eventually become 3rd highest, due to the fact that our own economy is on the rise and cricket in England is on the decline.

mufi_02
August 9, 2017, 02:58 PM
I agree that it's a joke how Zimbabwe could be a richer cricket board than Australia...
but everywhere in the Web it shows BCB in 5th place if you search...

How could BCB toppled ECB in earnings I have no clue to be honest ...

Isam said we are after BCCI and ECB. So we haven't toppled ECB yet. 3rd richest sounds about right to me. But Cricket Australia might be richer. So we are either 3rd/4th.

The point still stands that for a country with less than 20 years of Test membership to rank this high financially is no small feat. We barely won any major trophy and have been competitive only for the last few years BUT have financially surpassed the likes of WI, SA, SL, and Pak.

manny28
August 9, 2017, 05:05 PM
Im sorry but I would like to see an actual financial report before I believe the BD crricket is the 3rd richest. How does that happen? you broadcasting deals are not worth much nor is the BPL. THe purchasing power of your average Bangladeshi is lower than almost all the other nations playing cricket so how did BD become the 3rd richest board. if it actually was you would see their clout but we do not see it.

tejkuni
August 9, 2017, 07:04 PM
.................The purchasing power of your average Bangladeshi is lower than almost all the other nations playing cricket so how did BD become the 3rd richest board..........

The purchasing power of average Indian is lower than average Australians, how did BCCI became richer than Australia?

manny28
August 9, 2017, 07:19 PM
The purchasing power of average Indian is lower than average Australians, how did BCCI became richer than Australia?

Their population comes into play for them, however with Bangladesh the population disparity with Australia is nearly not as great. India has a $2 trillion economy so their market is huge, Australia has a $1.3 trillion economy. BD on the other hand has a $250 billion economy and you think that BD has managed to surpass Australia? there is a reason why ACB can afford to pay millions to their contracted players. Does BCB pay players in the millions? No because the board does not have that much money.

jeesh
August 9, 2017, 08:51 PM
Its also a question of who values the product (Cricket) more.

And when you multiply that by the size of the market, there shouldnt be any doubts why BCCI, BCB are likely to get cash rich.

manny28
August 9, 2017, 09:40 PM
Its also a question of who values the product (Cricket) more.

And when you multiply that by the size of the market, there shouldnt be any doubts why BCCI, BCB are likely to get cash rich.

Of course, in the next 30 years cricket will literally be dominated completely by 3 Countries, India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh as the population is crazy high and by that time their economies will also be able to support it. At the moment only India has the huge amount of money because of their population. Bangladesh and Pakistan still have quite some time to go before they overtake England and Australia but it will happen and both these countries are one sport countries while cricket is already dying in England and Australia excels in many sports aside from cricket so its not always their number one priority.

SportingBD
August 12, 2017, 03:56 AM
Since we haven't been able to keep the Bangladesh A team active, we have instead ensured that our HP unit has been training properly and touring too," Akram said. "They have toured Australia last month and will go to England next month to play against county second XIs. We were in talks with New Zealand and Zimbabwe for A team tours but they aren't coming. Ireland A are supposed to come later this year."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20311351/bcb-seek-fill-team-void-high-performance-unit

WHAT A INCOMPETENT MORON/FOOL AKRAM KHAN IS!

MHRAM
August 12, 2017, 04:23 AM
Okay so our talents like Shanto Anamul Rony will improve by playing against county 2nd XI and Ireland A team

Wow

SportingBD
August 12, 2017, 04:25 AM
Okay so our talents like Shanto Anamul Rony will improve by playing against county 2nd XI and Ireland A team

Wow

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Ireland A are supposed to come later this year."

Keyword here supposed*. So they don't know, its not confirmed.
These are the kind of incompetent fools that run our cricket.:facepalm:

DinRaat.
August 12, 2017, 04:35 AM
Matchadda needs to exercise his bottomless pocket and throw some money at the BCB fools to entice them to do a better job. This carrot on stick approach isn't working.

We need to make it rain so they do a better job

tiger1000
August 12, 2017, 09:09 AM
Yes. That article on bdcrictime was published in February 2017. Isam stated in Rinat's interview "BCB is the third richest board in the world right now after BCCI and ECB" I am taking Isams word on this.

Plus its the latest available information, his a trusted journalist, I don't think he will make something up like that.

I highly doubt we're number 3, most likely it's

BCCI
ECB
CA

Now richest of the rest is likely

Donal C
August 12, 2017, 06:46 PM
Did I ah say did I hear an A tour rumour??

http://www.sticktwiddlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/KSI-rape-face.jpg